Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black History month is only celebrated in the U.S.A so I think anyone who does not live here has no right to even begin to complain...well aside form the fact that Gaia made a forum for it but Gaia is a U.S.A company.

neutral

The U.K does have a Black history month but in a later month.
Sister Yuki
Black History month is only celebrated in the U.S.A so I think anyone who does not live here has no right to even begin to complain...well aside form the fact that Gaia made a form for it but Gaia is a U.S.A company.

neutral

Everyone always has a right to complain because everyone has a right to their own opinion and if their opinion on Black History Month is not a nice one, they still have the right to express it. Those who fought for our rights would be ashamed.

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

Xiaon
Sister Yuki
Black History month is only celebrated in the U.S.A so I think anyone who does not live here has no right to even begin to complain...well aside form the fact that Gaia made a form for it but Gaia is a U.S.A company.

neutral

Everyone always has a right to complain because everyone has a right to their own opinion and if their opinion on Black History Month is not a nice one, they still have the right to express it. Those who fought for our rights would be ashamed.

It's pretty clear the OP was not talking about legality but about decency.

But if you're gonna be super duper technical, since this is a privately owned forum, Gaia could make rules about all sorts of stuff that would be protected speech in the US; what we say here is not under the first amendment since it isn't public/government owned.

Dapper Fatcat

X sansmerci
Xiaon
Sister Yuki

neutral

But if you're gonna be super duper technical, since this is a privately owned forum, Gaia could make rules about all sorts of stuff that would be protected speech in the US; what we say here is not under the first amendment since it isn't public/government owned.
Thank you.
X sansmerci
Xiaon
Sister Yuki

neutral

OP said we have no right to complain, I say we do. The First Amendment isn't the only document in support of freedom of speech, it's a pretty widespread concept in the Western World if you haven't noticed.

Riunite's Fav

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
As a British citizen, I'd like to ask:

When was Black History Month ever anything more than part of the school curriculum here?
For Tomorrow
As a British citizen, I'd like to ask:

When was Black History Month ever anything more than part of the school curriculum here?

Honestly honey I couldn't tell you. I only did some research to find this out. It could be just like the U.S and its other history months that it goes unnoticed because no one celebrates it. I for one didn't know about the others until I did my research.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sister Yuki
Black History month is only celebrated in the U.S.A so I think anyone who does not live here has no right to even begin to complain...well aside form the fact that Gaia made a forum for it but Gaia is a U.S.A company.

neutral

Canada as well.... Why don't people know that?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff