Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just listing African-Americans in comics.

Happy BHM 1 100.0% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Dangerous Visionary

RIP Dawyne McDuffie. crying I wish you were alive still would love to see what you would have done in the mess known as DC 52. emotion_facepalm As a few people on Gaia know I DO also like "western comics" not just DC or Marvel. I like Turtles and indie titles as well. Anyway on the same vein as the post I made about Black animation. This thread is showcasing our favorite Black/African-American superheroes and such.

Mines are:
Static Shock
Steel
and sometimes Black Panther (I like the BET series anyway)
James Steward aka Green Lantern

Live action:
Blade
The Meteor Man
Blankman > Kick a** emotion_dealwithit

Creators:
McDuffie crying
Aaron McGruder (Yeah the comic strip was way funnier than the anime/cartoon)

As usually learn more with the following links:
Jackie Ormes The first African-American female cartoonist
Morrier Turner is the first nationally syndicated African-American cartoonist
Lobo the first Black comic book character NO not the one from Superman. xd

Oh and check this guy out he does hip-hop comics I met him at one of the comic-con his stuff is okay: Age Scott

Sunilu's Prince

Bachelorette

Blade is ******** legit. The best vampire ever, black or white. Aaliyah was also a pretty good vampire.

Dangerous Visionary

Abducted and Probed
Blade is ******** legit. The best vampire ever, black or white. Aaliyah was also a pretty good vampire.

Yeah I still think it one of the better comic book movies we had. Although, tbh I only read a few pages of the actual Blade comics. Still any movie that gets you interest in the actual comic is worth while.

Moonlight Shopper

30,050 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Just off the top of my head

Storm from the X-MEN
Bishop from the X-MEN
Power Man Luke Cage
War Machine Jim Rhodes
Black Goliath Bill Foster
Falcon

Dangerous Visionary

SHS Black Cat
Just off the top of my head

Storm from the X-MEN
Bishop from the X-MEN
Power Man Luke Cage
War Machine Jim Rhodes
Black Goliath Bill Foster
Falcon

That's a pretty balance list. 3nodding

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I was shocked when I found out that Green Lantern was originally white.

not a super hero but I did like the African American (Addy I think it was?) from the American Girl series.

The black russian guy from Durarara is cool too. smile

Dangerous Visionary

Lady Leopardess
I was shocked when I found out that Green Lantern was originally white.

not a super hero but I did like the African American (Addy I think it was?) from the American Girl series.

The black russian guy from Durarara is cool too. smile

LOL. Yeah a lot of people didn't see the Live action Green Lantern because it wasn't the "Black one".

Dangerous Visionary

Wheezing Egg

Ooooh, great thread! I have A LOT of favorites and most of them are women but here are a three to list off the top of my head:
- Ororo Munroe (Storm)
- Soranik Natu (Green Lantern)
- Mari Jiwe McCabe (Vixen)

Dangerous Visionary

Lick Brains
Ooooh, great thread! I have A LOT of favorites and most of them are women but here are a three to list off the top of my head:
- Ororo Munroe (Storm)

Thank you. LOL yay females in comics. Gotta love that. heart

Wheezing Egg

Miss-dark8607
Lick Brains
- Ororo Munroe (Storm)

I love it and hate it. They're usually used for T&A and if they're strong, they're either impregnated or stuffed into a refrigerator to die at one point or another. But I still love them. I even made a [********] a few days ago (shameless plug). I also read a ridiculously good series called Runaways recently. It's pretty poc, women, and queer-friendly. Love it <3

Dangerous Visionary

Lick Brains
Miss-dark8607
Lick Brains
- Ororo Munroe (Storm)

I love it and hate it. They're usually used for T&A and if they're strong, they're either impregnated or stuffed into a refrigerator to die at one point or another. But I still love them. I even made a [********] a few days ago (shameless plug). I also read a ridiculously good series called Runaways recently. It's pretty poc, women, and queer-friendly. Love it <3

You likely the strong women eh. PM me we shall get some ideas a flowin' xd

Wheezing Egg

Miss-dark8607
Lick Brains
Miss-dark8607
Lick Brains
- Ororo Munroe (Storm)

LOL guilty as charged XD

Dangerous Visionary

Lick Brains
Miss-dark8607
Lick Brains
Miss-dark8607
Lick Brains
- Ororo Munroe (Storm)

LOL guilty as charged XD

Groovy.

Dangerous Visionary

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items