Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Prophet

Hello Black History month people,

I am here to argue that partaking in any function dedicated to the commemoration, admiration, or talking of a specific ethnicity is racist in itself.

Furthermore, I believe any benefits you receive just because of your skin color is pathetic. No one cares about your race. The people who do, are like you, racists.

The year is 2012, not 1960. I'm sorry to say it but the race card lost its validity back in the 80's.

No one cares about your stupid ethnic power. Your belief that your race is superior or deserves some sort of respect is stupid.

You're Americans. A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N-S. Not White. Not Black. Not Hispanic. Not Asian. None of those ******** stupid Christian/Anglicized taxonomies.

Race is a social construction, along with gender.

Wake up.

With education you too could realize that life goes further than blaming any race for actions of members of its past is just more proof that one cannot look beyond the bondage of the past.

It is delusional - arguably mental illness to have any belief that YOUR race deserves respect. We're all humans.

Kawaii Carnivore

Intrinsic Delirium

I am here to argue that partaking in any function dedicated to the commemoration, admiration, or talking of a specific ethnicity is racist in itself.

Furthermore, I believe any benefits you receive just because of your skin color is pathetic. No one cares about your race. The people who do, are like you, racists.

The year is 2012, not 1960. I'm sorry to say it but the race card lost its validity back in the 80's.

No one cares about your stupid ethnic power. Your belief that your race is superior or deserves some sort of respect is stupid.

You're Americans. A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N-S. Not White. Not Black. Not Hispanic. Not Asian. None of those ******** stupid Christian/Anglicized taxonomies.

Wake up.

With education you too could realize that life goes further than blaming any race for actions of members of its past is just more proof that one cannot look beyond the bondage of the past.

It is delusional - arguably mental illness to have any belief that YOUR race deserves respect. We're all humans.

At last ,someone who thinks like me crying crying crying
Oh god ,there s a sane person here...I m so glad...
Don t you think that ,anyway ,creating this Black History Month -thingie is unjust to other people with very interesting histories?
And ,I think that if you re that interested in something special ,like black history ,you don t have to impose it on everybody else...There s something called books here..And there are many good books on this subject already...
Sight ,humans will always surprise me....their ability to pity and victimize themselves is pretty amazing!
I have many,many,many examples of others 'races' sad history but I m too tired to explain it here...
I think this event is just a sort of puny revenge to make us 'white people' feel guilty about the way we enslaved them(they always seem to forget that they also enslaved before us many europeans and that they were the first people who greedily exchanged war prisoners for glass jewelry and tin objects...).
Sight ,and it doesn t last one day ,like any normal event ,but ONE MONTH !!!!!!!!
What the hell ,seriously?

Distinct Prophet

nanaith
Intrinsic Delirium

Wake up.

At last ,someone who thinks like me crying crying crying
Oh god ,there s a sane person here...I m so glad...
Don t you think that ,anyway ,creating this Black History Month -thingie is unjust to other people with very interesting histories?
And ,I think that if you re that interested in something special ,like black history ,you don t have to impose it on everybody else...There s something called books here..And there are many good books on this subject already...
Sight ,humans will always surprise me....their ability to pity and victimize themselves is pretty amazing!
I have many,many,many examples of others 'races' sad history but I m too tired to explain it here...
I think this event is just a sort of puny revenge to make us 'white people' feel guilty about the way we enslaved them(they always seem to forget that they also enslaved before us many europeans and that they were the first people who greedily exchanged war prisoners for glass jewelry and tin objects...).
Sight ,and it doesn t last one day ,like any normal event ,but ONE MONTH !!!!!!!!
What the hell ,seriously?

It's not just Blacks. It's other races too. I hate people who think they're entitled because of skin color.

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
How can you address racial inequalities with colorblind politics?

Distinct Prophet

Morbid Gnome

Racial inequalities will fade when everyone stops mentioning race altogether. The more we go on about the past, the longer people will continue hating. Hatred is the problem. Do you really think racists simply hate specific races, because of their upbringing and their ignorance? They're educated to hate. They feed on the fear they bring out of their victims like low-class vampires. In the similar manner that capitalists feed on the ignorance of consumers to buy high and sell low.

If people were to ignore their existence, in the same manner you ignore bullies, then they too would lose their necessity for racism. The idea of racism erupts when one group is unwilling to accept the change and integration of another. However, never have racists truly been able to stop it, and with more and more people who are against racism, they are forced to be racist in the privy or suffer ostracizing hostility. Thus, it will disappear overtime. Sure, I can't deny that racists are going to keep existing. All I'm saying is that with each generation, more and more people become believers in equality.

Now before I continue, mention some racial inequalities. It wouldn't be fair for me to just say all of this without addressing how I feel on matters. I imagine you're talking about schools, jobs, medicare? I want specific examples please. Thank you for your response.

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Intrinsic Delirium
Morbid Gnome

Racial inequalities will fade when everyone stops mentioning race altogether. The more we go on about the past, the longer people will continue hating. Hatred is the problem. Do you really think racists simply hate specific races, because of their upbringing and their ignorance? They're educated to hate. They feed on the fear they bring out of their victims like low-class vampires. In the similar manner that capitalists feed on the ignorance of consumers to buy high and sell low.

If people were to ignore their existence, in the same manner you ignore bullies, then they too would lose their necessity for racism. The idea of racism erupts when one group is unwilling to accept the change and integration of another. However, never have racists truly been able to stop it, and with more and more people who are against racism, they are forced to be racist in the privy or suffer ostracizing hostility. Thus, it will disappear overtime. Sure, I can't deny that racists are going to keep existing. All I'm saying is that with each generation, more and more people become believers in equality.

Now before I continue, mention some racial inequalities. It wouldn't be fair for me to just say all of this without addressing how I feel on matters. I imagine you're talking about schools, jobs, medicare? I want specific examples please. Thank you for your response.
I'm talking about the effects of racism that manifest in ways other than mere "meanness".

The United States government spent roughly a century offering handouts and subsidies to white people. It handed them land and homes. Persons of color were not given assistance on that level, nor on that broad of a scale. The typical white family has 20 times the wealth of a typical black family. The typical young black couple will start out with a net worth about 1/5 of what the typical white couple does.
If we look at the bottom 1/5 of the country, in terms of income, there is still a massive wealth gap between races. On average, whites in the bottom 1/5th have about $24000 in assets. Blacks have about $60. Middle-class whites have, on average, five times the wealth of middle-class blacks and Latinos. While I'll admit that the numbers I have on hand are about 10-15 years old, I'm sure that given the current economic situation, the current data are not going to paint a better picture.
How can colorblind policies address this racial wealth inequality that the U.S. government helped create?

The narrative that some people in this country believe is that of a meritocracy: work hard, and you will be rewarded. Conversely, this leads some people to believe that if you haven't been successful, it's because you didn't work hard enough. I think that if we stop talking about race, there is a danger that people will believe that persons of color are less successful because they are lazier and not do to the way we as a nation have treated race. Do you disagree?

How can colorblind policies address the impact that racism has in areas of education, employment, housing, and healthcare? Saying "In time people won't see race" ignores the fact that people still see race today.

Girl-Crazy Marshmallow

"racism doesnt exist if i scream loud enough
and if it does it's your fault because talking about racism is what makes it exist
if you all just shut the ******** up it'll disappear, like magic"

And of course I noticed the crazy/stupid up in there, pre-empting any response that's not a circle jerk. The only thing that surprises me is that you didn't work in something implying hysteria as well.

Personally, I'd prefer it if you'd autofelate your white privilege somewhere else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff