Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Bianca slowly looked up through her fingers, wincing a little as Keri checked her ankle. She was about to ask how bad it was when she saw something on the far wall. Something wonderful. "Hey," she whispered, wiping her eyes. "Hey." It hadn't been on her list, but part of her had wanted one since the outbreak started. She'd never been much of a fan of guns, mostly because she had no idea how to fire or reload one, but this was perfect.

"Keri," she asked. "Look there. On the wall. I think my birthday came early." This was the security room, so naturally there were vending machines, a fire extinguisher, and so on. But someone, maybe the previous owner, had considered fire safety a pretty big concern. There was a glass case on the wall, and behind the glass, there was a long, carefully machined and lethal looking fire axe.

4,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Keri Robinson

Keri took the shirt from him then looked at the axe. A small chuckle escaped her lips, "That's great. One more weapon for us." Keri got up from the ground and walked over to Akuma. She didn't want him to go out there, but Bianca need a cold compress and medicine to help with the sweeling. Just wrapping up the ankle wasn't really gonna heal the sprain. Keri pulled out her pistol and two extra bullets that she keep in her pocket. After replacing the ones that had been fired, she gave it to him. "Take this with you. There are too many out there for you to only have a knife." Keri also handed him the walkie talkie. "If you need help call me. And...promise me you'll be careful and come back to us...to me," a slight blush painted her cheeks as she whispered the last part to him.

Dangerous Lunatic

7,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Akuma Kida

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Akuma blushed as he hugged her. "Um sorry about this. I promise I will come back." He said taking the gun and slipping it in his belt. "I will grab us some drink and blankets well at it. I promise I will be back in a snap just keep an eye on me on the cameras ok." He said as he let her go his face still really red and he opened the door a bit looking out. Nothing was there at this moment he went out waving and closed the door as he ran off to go and look for some stuff.
User Image

Most of the people in the strip mall had cleared out before the attack hit. Plenty of people had tried to get there, of course, but the mall itself was a little out of the way, and none of the stores there lasted very long. It was a sad, mostly deserted place. For that reason, most of the creatures in the area were staff, not desperate shoppers, looters, or last minute scavengers.

Of course, that was over fifty of the dead, and they'd heard the gunshots and the RV's engine. Just as Akuma left the security room, the monster trapped under the filing cabinet let out a long, low moan. A chorus of dead voices answered it, three more stockboys coming out from behind the cash registers as a quartet of shamblers came in through the front door. They began to limp down the aisles, dead nostrils sucking at the air. These were just the beginning. More were wandering around outside, summoned from shoe shops, electronics stores, and a gutted grocery.

4. Itchy. Tasty

Dangerous Lunatic

7,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Akuma Kida

Akuma turned and looked at them. "Sh!t new this was coming. Well may get them away from here." He said to himself as he started smacking his blade on the walls as he started running away to the medical area. On his he had to smash a few undeads heads in. He grabbed some blankets and clothing along with drinks which he through in a cart. He was almost at the medical supplies when he noticed more coming out of places.

4,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Keri Robinson

Once Akuma left, Keri locked the door. She then grabbed another chair and put it by the monitors. She had the walkie talkie, already turned on, on the desk next to her. After taking a quick look at the monitors, Keri went to work on Bianca's ankle. Since the only other human in the room was a girl, Keri wasn't self conscious about taking of her tank top. But for modesty sake she quickly replace it with Akuma's shirt. Keri took a seat in front of Bianca's foot and started to cut up her top. Once it was all cut up she carefully wrapped the clothe around the injured ankle. "Sorry if I'm hurting you, but it's necessary." After making sure that the wrap would hold, Keri went back to the seat in front of the monitors.
User Image

4. Itchy. Tasty

The dead can do nothing deliberately. They do not coordinate. They simply move. And these creatures simply followed the clacking sound of Akuma's blade on the wall. Some walked through the office supplies aisle, other passed dangerously close to the security room. But in the end, all eight of them, the ones not trapped or blocked at any rate, shambled their way towards the first-aid room, a little sterile environment added to the back-left corner of the store after an incident involving a faulty circular saw test and a downed phone line.

Three followed Akuma directly, one sliding along the wall shared by the security room and the medical room. Two more came down the other back wall of the store. The remaining three could not be seen yet as they were navigating the ruined power tools section, but they would be there soon, and they were hungry for flesh.
User Image

Bianca clapped a hand over her mouth to keep from crying out while Keri applied the makeshift bandage. Hopefully Akuma would be able to find some painkillers in the first aid kit so that she'd be able to walk. "Thanks, it -MM!- isn't a problem," she whispered. Something banged against the door, but it moved on a moment later following the sound of metal clanking on the wall. She swallowed, not feeling safe without a weapon in her hand. It was the work of a moment to pull off her backpack and retrieve the claw hammer and screwdriver from inside.

As carefully as she dared, Bianca wobbled to her feet, bracing herself with one hand on the security desk. She limped over to the wall, keeping a close eye out for anything on the ground that might trip her up. A moment or two later and she reached the axe. Breaking the glass now would be suicide, but she saw that the metal frame was screwed into the wall. She began to unscrew the faceplate, hoping to get the world class weapon, even if Keri would have to be the one to use it.

Dangerous Lunatic

7,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Akuma Kida

Akuma found the kits as he grabbed it. "Crap crap I need to get back I promised her. One thing to do here." He said to himself as he lifted his hand on the counter and cut it as he let it bleed. He then turned and started running out when he was hit hard in the face. He dropped as an undead sat on him trying to eat him. "Sh!t." He said as he pushed at it and it wouldn't move. He pulled the gun out and shot it then pushed it off as he ran fast.
User Image

4. Itchy. Tasty

The gunshot blew the back of the monster's head off, a creature well-formed enough to outpace its more heavily-damaged kin. The other two in that vector of attack reached out and groaned, trying to catch at Akuma's clothing. Fortunately, they were slow enough that they couldn't grab on, only let their dead hands skitter across his shoulders. The other monsters were slowly curving around, forming a clot of seven that began to lurch after the young man as he returned to the security room.

Outside, the gunshot had attracted more attention. Five more horrors were shambling across the parking lot with all the speed they could muster, heading towards the noise and the smell of blood...

Dangerous Lunatic

7,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Akuma Kida

Akuma pulled his other shirt off as he covered it up. He made it to the door as he knocked hard on it. "Hey let me in please." He said to them as he knocked more. He noticed many coming this way.

((Block))

4,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Keri Robinson

When Keri didn't see Akuma on the monitor, she started to panic. She could feel her nails digging into her palm as she waited anxiously for him to appear. She was so focused on the monitor that she didn't notice what Bianca was doing. When she heard Akuma from the opposite side of the door, Keri almost started to tear up. Keri rushed to the door, with her knife in hand, opened up the door and pulled him in. Keri tried to close the door but one of the zombies had tried to get itself inside. Once the zombie's head was exposed to her, she stab it and pushed the zombie's limp body away from the door. She used the door to help he pull out her knife then locked it. Keri's heart was racing a hundred miles per minute as she walked over to Akuma and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm so glad that you're ok," she said into his chest.

Dangerous Lunatic

7,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Akuma Kida

Akuma blushed but was happy as he dropped the blankets and drinks and the kit hugging her close. "I am sorry for worrying you so much." He said said as he felt her touch which brought a smile to his face as he leaned his head on hers. "Hey as much as I would love spending forever hugging you because I love you. You should get to Bianca and then if you could get to me please." He said showing her is arm.
User Image

As if on cue, there was a metallic clack and Bianca lifted the steel and glass frame aside. With a near-religious reverence, she lifted the axe out of the alcove and held it in both hands. She winced a little as she limped back to the chair, but there was a crazed determination in her eyes that hand't been there a moment ago. "Excellent," she said. "And after we've gotten patched up, let's fight our way out of here, shall we?" A knife-wound grin ripped its way across her face as she flounced back into the chair, keeping her injured leg propped up on the desk to reduce the swelling. Brandy let out an unhappy whine and cocked her head to one side as dead, rotting fists began to thump on the door.

"We obviously can't stay here," Bianca continued. "There's only one way out, they'll break in eventually, and more will come if we sit around here." She giggled, possibly due to feedback from her injured limb, possibly out of her slowly warping mind. "So we patch ourselves up, wait for them to punch through the door, and blast their heads off until there are none left. Even if every zombie in the mall comes after us, they'll still be lurching and we've got plenty of offensive power."

4,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Keri Robinson

Keri pulled herself away from Akuma's chest and looked over at Bianca. "We have to be careful when going out though. There are more of them than us. and out offensive power is limited. Also you need to stay of that shoot, at least until the swelling decreases." Keri looked over over at Akuma's arm and carefully unwrapped it. Keri lightly smacked Akuma's chest and pulled him down so that they were sitting on the floor. "You know it's not a good idea to use your blood as bait when there are hordes of them walking around," she said softly as she opened the first aid kit. She threw the cold compress over to Bianca ordering her to put it on her ankle then pulled out one of the antiseptic wipe packets for Akuma's hand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff