Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yugi023's Partner

bernart blackwall User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bernart looked down at the princess "i see no reason to trust anywhere here and i've seen the rubix use children before, and as of this moment when we just witnessed and attempted assassination on the queen as well as me bashing out the poor gaurdsmans brains, i must ask for you forgiveness if i am a little HIGH STRUNG!" he shouted he last words to the wind as he it would help calm him down for a moment. "I am sorry you had to hear that child, and i am sorry if it seemed like i yelled at you princess melody."

Tenka-kun's Significant Otter

Floppy Bunny

18,175 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
User ImageAssar
The youngest member of Rubix -

Looking at the princess, resting his head a bit on the big guys head, deciding he might as well make himself comfortable since he'd probably be stuck up here for a while before he had an opening to do his job. He couldn't do it from this position since he'd be too vulnerable. The big guy could easily grab him from here after all, and then it would probably all be over. Especially if he did manage to kill the princess. No doubt that the big guy wouldn't hesitate to bash his skull in, even if he was a kid. He was already overly protective of the damn princess anyhow. So he'd just keep acting till he could find his opening.

"I don't know miss... It's really far, so I can't remember..."

He told her in a somewhat "distressed" mumble, really not holding back on playing a scared little kid. He had done this too many times before not to be good at it. And he was a bit surprised as the big guy suddenly shouted after he had commented on the princess words. And that just confirmed it would take quite a while before he'd get his opening since the guy was on the alert. Guess he'd just have to wait this out.

"It's ok mister. But what's a rubix?"

Just seemed like a natural thing for a child to ask after the big guy mentioned it anyhow. But just then, someone approached them, and Assar recognized the guy right away. While the princess wasn't looking at him, Assar gave the guy a glare as if to tell him "don't interfere or I'll kill you". He wasn't giving up on this mission yet, and he wouldn't hesitate to give the other hell later if he tried to ruin this for him.

Going back to the lost child act though, before the princess or the big guy could notice, he wrapped his arms a little tighter around the big guys forehead.

"W-who are you...?"

He asked the other, clearly not gonna go with him. He had a job to do after all. And speaking to the big guy in a lower, "scared" voice.

"Mister, I don't know him, I'm scared..."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tarran watched the giant with Assar on his shoulders tower over the the princess and now Dominick as well. He absolutely hated the situation he was in. He did not want the princess to die he did not want any of the royals to die. He loved them, but the contract they had received for the their lives had been great enough only a fool or someone who cared for them would pass up. The president of Rubix had no such ties to the royals, or at least not to the knowledge of anyone else.

Everyone but Assar who had been sent on the assignment was there to prove they had what it takes, and Tarran knew they didn't, and that was why it had been their test. As for assar, he was deemed the one who could get the closest to Melody, and Tarren knew it would be strange to try and persuade the group to send someone less qualified, and the group would grow suspicious.It was times like this where he hated his double life. When he started this he would have never guess he would someday being going after people so dear to him.

He would march over there as the king's council, but Tarren Relone was suppose to be doing paperwork and suspicions would grow should he be seen away from it. The party had ended abruptly due to one of the assassination attempts. Tarran had come to keep a eye on the situation and had almost rejoiced to see the giant sticking so close to the princess. He had sent a guard to warn them the princess was a target using an anonymous letter. To his dismay the knight had plumbed the poor guard.

Tarran looked to the group one more time before coming up with an idea that could possibly save the princess. He remained on the balcony he was on with his dark cloak cover his head keeping his face from view. He then pulled out his cross bow, which he was deadly accurate with, and readied it. He then kicked the railing hard enough to knock it loose. He leaned against it as he fired the bow knowing that he would fall forward. When he hit the ground he looked up to see the princess had not been hit, as he planned. He barely caught a glimpse of red coming from Assar's shoulder, but didn't put to much thought in it. The little kid would survive the hit, he was more durable than some other members of Rubix. Tarran stood up feeling a slight pain in his ankle. He then took off running knowing someone would be in pursuit. This scene was to make it look as if he had not purposely missed his shot.
OOC:Edited

Friendly Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

Melody Theeus
▶ Princess of Junia◀

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Melody stood there for a moment after the knight's response. She had no expected him to scream. Before the princess could respond a man approached them talking as if he was Assar's father. The child acted as if he did not know the man and Melody rested her hand along her side close to the dagger hidden under her clothing. She instantly grew suspicious of the man and should he make one wrong move she would go for a spot along the side of his throat, one she knew could be rather deadly if hit exactly right.

She kept her eyes on the man for a moment then looked back to the child to see an arrow fly by nicking the child's arm. She glance around and caught a man who was wielding a cross bow fall from the balcony of a second story. He stood up and looked at her then Assar before darting away from the scene. Melody looked towards the knight. She didn't know if he would chase the man or usher her out of the way. "Hand him to me, I'll see that he is taken care of and we can find his parents ounce we are have gotten to safety" She directed the knight. She then looked down at the man on the ground, "put him in the carriage. I'll take care of his wound, too much longer and he'll die"

Yugi023's Partner

bernart blackwall User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bernart watched the man approach and listened to the child, he drew his sword and held it out to the man point first, the blade was 8ft, so he slowly pressed the blade at the man. "Back away your not the childs father, do not test me now a lot has happened." When the arrow knicked assar he picked up the gaurd and then ushered the princess to the carriage. "As you wish, i will hold on to the child though in case he sees his parents. Move quickly." He turn back to the man claiming to be the childs parent. "Follow us and i will not leave you standing." He said growling some.

Firebreathing Pumpkin

11,325 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

☾☽ | Dominick X Maitho XOswald | ☾☽

The look Assar gave, plus his acting, put Dominick in a very unpleasing position. Though, he did have it coming. As Dominick began Shifting his look between the guard and the princess. As Dominick tightened his grip on the Naginata in his right hand, he also shifted his weight to his right leg cautiously as he noticed Melody rest her hand on something. It must be a hidden defense weapon. But then, the guard began pointing his monstrous sword in Oswald's direction. "Alright, my mistake. He just looks so similar to my kid, it's crazy." Dominick said while backing up a few steps with his left hand up in the air as if surrendering. He was trying his best to make it seem like a real mistake.

Floppy Bunny

18,175 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
User ImageAssar

If it wasn't for his current position, he'd already be kicking Dominick's arse at the moment. "Looks like his kid" his arse. Worst excuse ever. As if it seemed likely that he'd just "happen to have a kid" with silver hair and freckles about his age. Seems like he didn't realize that it was a pretty unusual appearance huh? Geez, he'd certainly give Dominick an earful about this later. That was just a horrible act. If he gave away that they were on the same team, he'd kill the dastard for spoiling the plan. He was too close to have things ruined by an idiot. Nope, Assar did not have high opinions of other Rubix members. Only ones he ever showed any respect was the president and vice president, for obvious reasons, but even they did get an earful once in a while if he got pissed.

And no doubt that the president would get one later as well as he felt an arrow nicking his arm, having him flinch a bit. Sure, wasn't that painful, but it did catch him a bit by surprise. But seeing whom fired it, he'd certainly be in a terrible mood about this later. Seems like people just loved giving him a hard time today huh? Did they enjoy seeing him act like a distressed child or something to be putting him trough all this crap? If they all enjoyed seeing him act like a child, he'd certainly show them one hell of a raged tantrum later. His a** that Tarran missed his target. He could bet a years pay on that the dastard had "missed" on purpose!

Was hard for him to contain his frustration right now, but even so, he managed to do so, somehow, and he'd show the idiot Dominick how you put on a believable act. But suppose it was easier for a child to pull off an act than a grown up, so sucks to be him.

But going back into character, he grasped onto the big guys helmet, making his body shiver as if he was scared, if Dominick or anyone else whom saw him laughed at him for this later, he'd kill them, as he faked some tears, sobbing a bit. He had seen how kids acted when scared and all, so it wasn't hard to know what to do for a believable act.

"Mister, please put me down! I don't want to be up here any more! I'm scared and it hurts! I wanna go home!"

He said in a distressed tone, hoping the big guy would finally put him down so that he'd get a chance to finally get the damn job done so that he didn't have to keep humiliating him like this. Just cuz he was adorable didn't mean he had a lot of patience, and it was gradually running out. Especially with another Rubix member close by that was really testing his patience.
He didn't care any more about getting close to the princess, he just needed the big guy to put him down so that he'd wouldn't be in such a bad position. He could just throw his darts at her and stab her that way after all. They had soaked in poison trough the night, so it should be enough. But being on the big guys shoulders, he was in a terrible seat. If he did anything harsh from there, he wouldn't stand a chance as he'd have no opening to get away. So if the big guy could just bloody put him down already...
User ImageLloyd Atoras
"Honor is all thine has in this world, do not sully it so quickly"

Atoras continued to make his way through the streets, from what he could gather from the people whom spoke amongst themselves this land was currently seeing a rebellion. He could only think back to his own lands and hope this wasnt the same kind of rebellion his land experienced. Atoras continued to walk ignoring the people that watched him or spoke among themselves, he was quite tall and it was probably something that the people were surprised of, but most people from his lands were quite taller then the people here. Atoras sighed and looked down more streets seeing a commotion there was a knight who was larger then Atoras himself, perhaps the people thought he had something to do with this strange knight. Atoras walked down the street ignoring what was going on as he passed the people and the large knight heading to the inn located close behind them. Atoras stepped inside walking over to a large bench sitting down and putting his shield and sword next to him. The inn seemed mostly empty besides one group of men that seemed pretty deep in the drink. A woman walked over to Atoras asking what he wanted, Atoras stood up looming over the woman as he held out his hand and placed a few gold coins in her hand. It wasnt the currency of these lands but it was gold and he was sure it wouldnt matter much. The woman looked up at him and started to inspect the gold as Atoras spoke.
"I need a room for the night....and a meal"
The woman nodded and left quickly returning with a room key. Atoras thanked her and left for his room sitting down his weapons and sat on his bed. He needed to relax a bit after all the travels, it had been a long walk to these new lands and he needed a moments rest.

Friendly Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

Melody Theeus
▶ Princess of Junia◀

Melody looked to the man who claimed his child looked similar, given the arrow that had just nicked the kid, she could really care less if the man was lying or not. "if he is not your kid then leave" She said in the firmest voice she had. She then turned to the knight. "you are scaring him, and making him target by holding him up so high. I told you to put the kid down, please do not make me repeat my self again." Melody had heard her mother speak like that and therefore but and hoped it would work for her the way it had for their mother.

Melody really did want him to put the child down. Not only was he scaring him, but the little guy had been hit. It also made the knight even more of a marker of where she was, because of the kid's rather noticeable hair color, and as a result it put the kid in more danger than just being lost.

OOC:sorry been sick the last couple of days.

hell hound 6th

Limbo The Lost

Sillylittleraindrops

Gacobeee

Yugi023's Partner

Bernart thought for a moment he stuck his sword in the ground and raised his arm to the child so he could grab on and lowered him to the ground, he also looked in the direction the bolt came from, "princess if i may, we need to get you to your carriage, the child is a secondary priority you and the dieing man are first priority." He said looking to her as if seeking somekind of approval, the princess seemed a rather motherly figure now something he had never had, nor experienced. Bernart pulled his sword back out of the ground and put it back in its sheathe.
(Thoughti might help something for a moment, crossbow fires cross bolt or bolt, bow fires arrow

Floppy Bunny

18,175 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
User ImageAssar

Finally! He was starting to believe that he'd never get down from the big guy's shoulders. Was honestly a huge relief as the big man finally raised his arm to him, allowing him to grab on and being lowered to the ground. About god damn time. He really had been running low on patience.

With his feet on the ground, his entire character suddenly changed as he took a few steps away from the large man, moving a little closer to the princess. Screw the original plan of just stabbing her while her guard was down. He'd just finish this crap now and get things over with. He couldn't care less about some idiot dying or that the princess and her mountain of a body guard had been kind to strangers. In his line of work, moral was for suckers. And he'd be certain to give Dominick an earful as well.

So, good news for the big guy. His worries hadn't been quite accurate, just that he had done the huge mistake of lowering his guard due to him being a child "in distress".

Giving a bit of a grin, he wasnt giving them much time to react as he spoke, his tone changing quite a bit.

"About f*cking time..."

He said as he suddenly was holding two blades with red strings attached to them in his hands, and in the blink of an eye, one of the blades were lembedded in the guts of the princess. Unfortunately, it was neither deep nor had it hit a vital organ, but the poison should take care of the rest for him. And as for the big guy, Assar had only used the ensnared him in the red string for now. He highly doubted that it would serve any real purpose as the big guy could probably break the string with ease. But it would probably distract him or confuse him for a second or two. Anything to buy time would do.

"Mission complete~ The POISON will do the rest from here on. And YOU, you numbskull! I'm not done with you! Just wait till I get my hands on you! Gonna make sure you'll never stick your nose into my business again!

He said as he was obviously speaking to Dominick as he said "numbskull". He had earned it for his stupid act before. And looking at the princess, he gave her a rather smug grin as he spoke in the sweet childish voice to her.

"Sorry miss. It's nothing personal. Just doing what I'm told to. Too bad my target was you and not your sister. Bet you would have been a good queen. But I at the least decided to give you a peaceful passing. Once the poison kicks in, you won't feel a thing. You'll just fall asleep nice and quietly and never wake up. Picked it out just for you miss~!"

Didn't matter though. As he said, just doing what he was told to. So even if she would have made a good queen, she would have to die. Life isn't fair after all.

Friendly Citizen

10,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

Melody Theeus
▶ Princess of Junia◀

Melody watched as the Bernart lowered the kid to the ground and then proceeded to speak. She looked to the injured man and went check his head again. The words that poured out of the kids mouth made her look to him a moment before feeling a sharp pain in her abdomen. She looked down to see the blade in her stomach and wrapped her hand around the part attached to the strings. The boy had not hit a vital spot nor had the blade gone in deep enough to cuase much more than bleeding damage and for a moment she wondered if the kid had a clue where he should have stuck it. It soon became clear the knife was never intended to cause more damage. She started seeing double before the kid even mentioned poison.

Melody looked at the kid a moment more, though her vision showed two hazy figures of the boy, "I.." her voice trailed off into a sentence that was not comprehensible at all. She looked to Bernart and then in the direction her brother was in. Her vision was blurry and she could not focus on anything in particular. She could feel her legs giving out and she grabbed around for something to help her stand but she ended up falling towards the ground anyway.

Yugi023's Partner

"PRINCESS!" He shouted then grabbed the child by the throat neither strings nor armor seemed to hamper the half giants speed or rage as he began to choke assar. "You worthless vermin, whats the cure!" If assar refused to answer he would continue to tighten his grip until he finally let go the child still alive but now 4 or 5 feet in a different direct as bernart would throw him, he then moved to pick up the princess and quickly carried her to the nearest doctor hoping they could help her. "Stay with me princess i am taking you to a doctor."

Floppy Bunny

18,175 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
User ImageAssar

Probably not a good thing that he got distracted there for a moment. He had kind of hoped the strings would delay the big guy for at the least a moment or two, but he really did break the strings like they were made out of nothing but air. And god he was fast for someone so big. He barely had time to react before he felt a big fist around his neck. Honestly, he did kind of think he was done for for a moment there as he couldn't breathe or speak. But being tossed, suppose that a few bruises and scrapes were better than death huh?

Coughing a bit as he rubbed his neck. Geez, that would leave a bruise. But at the least now he'd get away. And lucky for him, the little bottle of antidote hadn't broken after he got thrown. The big guy might be loyal, but he sure wasn't very bright was he? Asking for a cure, then throwing him and starting to head off before he could get an answer? Suppose he'd have to suit himself huh?

Being back on his feet, having a good enough distance between himself and the big guy to know that the big guy wouldn't get him this time. He decided it was time to go, but not before giving the big guy something to think about. Whistling to get his attention, he took out the little bottle from a pocket, grinning at the guy.

"Hey, "mister"! I thought you wanted this? But as you gave up on getting it so easily, I suppose you don't really need it huh? Oh well, guess I'll just throw it away~!"

He said as he pretty much just went ahead, smashing the little bottle against the ground, and stepping on it as well, making sure that the liquid was completely useless by rubbing it into the ground. And of course, this time he wasn't going to sit around and wait for the big guy to get him again, so he went right ahead, making his leave, his weapons ready at hand. Not to try kill the big guy, he wouldn't get trough that blasted armour anyhow, but to help him get away, so his escape was pretty quick. The stinging pain i his arm as well as the bruises-to-be and scrapes were not really anything that bothered him too much or slowed him down. He was used to worse. For now, he'd prefer to get back to headquarters before he got caught and killed. And being so small, he was quick on his feet and able to squeeze trough places where grown-up's couldn't, so following him, was pretty much impossible. Besides, he knew how to use the darts and strings to make his escape.

He'd wrap the damn cut on his arm up later. Wasn't really bleeding any more anyhow, so it wasn't anything serious. He managed to get away in pretty good condition actually. Suppose he got lucky.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff