Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageSlig looked over at her then back down the street. "No. Just one walker." He said as he closed the door and locked it behind him. He turned to her. "Can you read minds?" He said as he walk passed her. "You got my last name on the first shot." He said as he made his way to the couch and pulled it aside and reached down and pulled a trunk out. He flicked the locks open with a slight motion and opened it. "Come here, let me see." He said as he pulled out a red box with the famous red cross displayed on the top. In that kit, had everything from treating minor cuts to extracting bullets. Along with disinfectant and antibacterial.

He had the first aid kit in his hand and set it on the coffee table. "Sit." He said as he cleared the table. He opened the kit and stood beside the spot on the couch where he mentioned to sit. He has been a field medic and knows how to treat wounds. He never thought in his wildest dreams he would be stuck in a post apocalyptic world full of walking corpses that want to devourer every living thing it can get their grimy, boney, decaying hands on.

((OOC: Hey, no worries. I don't mind))

Shirtless Genius

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Avery shuddered at the thought of another rotting, crazed zombie being near them, but one zombie wasn't too bad, and at least she was in here and not out on the street with it, although she still didn't completely trust Slig. "Hm?" She asked, deep in thought "What? What do you mean?" She stared at him blankly. Guessed his last name? "No, I can't say that I do read minds. Odd is your last name?" She asked, humor lacing her voice.

As he told her to sit down, she hesitated. "Will you have to use a needle? They scare the s**t out of me. I swear their only purpose is to sick you; and hurt." She dragged her feet as she crossed over to the worn couch and sat down. A million thoughts sped around in her head. Was she safe here? What would she do after he cleaned up her wounds, and she left? What was left out there beyond Atlanta? More destruction? Avery's thoughts snapped back to the present as she heard the click of the first aid kit open. She sighed, and looked up at Slig. "Thanks, for all this" She said, and she meant it.

((Out of cacti: Is the zombie Tobi? o.o' Or is it a zombie? XD ))
User Image

William Michael Klein was terrified when his sister came strutting up the walk with Seth barreling toward her. As always, Juliet managed to handle the situation with ease, and sent him inside with the bag of canned food. For the first time since she had been running to get supplies it felt rather heavy which meant one of two things. Either she had packed a lot more than she usually did, or he was getting weaker. Liam hoped it was the first explanation and not the other. Weak beings would not survive the end of the world. At fifteen he still had a lot of life in him, and death was his biggest fear. He opened the door and threw the bag onto the bed. He would work on unpacking supplies in a few minutes, when the panic of losing his siblings would wear off.

There was not much room in Juliet’s one bedroom apartment. The three of them slept in the same bed since they had been forced to remain indoors. Liam sighed and ran a hand through his short hair then stopped dead in his tracks. His attention was focused on something in front of him. It was a young girl. She was thin, and looked to be a little banged up. How had she gotten inside without him knowing? Liam looked at her for a few minutes before he knew how to react. After growing up in such a large family, dealing with kids was not exactly foreign to him.

“H-hello?” Liam kept his distance. There was a good chance that she was infected as most of the children had been when the outbreak started. They were too naïve to understand how to survive without parents by their sides. His tazer was in his pants pocket if he really needed it.

---------

Seth & Juliet

The two blondes whipped back and forth. It was a miracle the two of them never hit each other with their weapons. With the group of zombies taken care of more were sure to approach soon. Seth wiped the bloody knife off on his pants before closing the knife and shoving it back into his pocket. Juliet’s forearm was in his grasp yet again, and his temper was on the rise. How STUPID could his sister be? This ginger man in front of him was obviously ill equipped. If he really knew how to make it in this world, he would not have screamed and put himself in such a situation. Seth figured holding on to Juliet would limit his chances of losing track of her again. Juliet just groaned as the rough hand restricted much blood from flowing through her limb. The Irish man was apologizing for dragging them into this, and thanking them for the help. The only expression Seth had to offer was a hateful one. Juliet, however, interjected before Seth could begin his rude comments.

“If we don’t start to preserve the human race now, what will we have down the line?” Juliet put the bat over her shoulder and looked at Finn. “Just…don’t back yourself against a wall again, it isn’t a wise choice.” Though, anyone who backed themselves into a corner had little to no survival skills to deal with. Inviting more people back to the house was not beneficial for the Klein siblings. She had already invited a man with a shotgun into the small one bedroom apartment. Another man was bound to set Seth off, but what could she do? Leave him here to struggle? That had never been in her nature, and probably never would be.

Seth shot her a glance and shook his head, as though he had already read her mind. A brief staring contest was exchanged between the two before Juliet turned her gaze back to Finn. “Do you have a place to stay…?” Seth released his sister’s arm to refrain from harming it and instead crossed his arms across his chest. Juliet rubbed the red mark on her arm while she waited for the red haired man to give her an answer.

Dapper Gaian

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image User Image User Image

xxxxxxxH a r p e r A l i c e C o m b s

User Image

Harper quickly made her way around the small house searching for any sort of food she could loot. Every now and then she came across a can. She had placed them in a neat pile and then once finished, she unzipped her book bag. The stuffed giraffe took up most of the space in the bag, but the young girl dared not to leave her friend at home. She squeezed the cans in the free spaces and zipped it up.

Just as the girl placed the bag on her back, she heard a noise. Her head turned to the door. Had they returned already? In a panic, her brown eyes scanned the room for a place to hide. The bedroom. That looked safe. She ran into the room just as she heard the door creak open in the other room. She squirmed under the bed and stayed quiet. There was only one person home. A male. She watched as he feet moved across the house. And then to her rotten luck, he entered the bedroom.

Her small hand cupped her mouth so she avoided breathing through it. Once he laid on the bed for a good time, Harper believed he was starting to fall asleep. She panicked and felt like she just needed to get out of here now! She didn't know anything about this family. She began to crawl out from under the bed as slowly as she could. Her hands and knees were each quietly placed as she tried to avoid making one sound. But just as she neared the door way the male spoke.

Harper rose to her feet quickly as she too stared down the man. Her small chest rose and fell rapidly as her nerves kicked in. Her big eyes looked around for another escape route. But what was the point? The guy had already seen her. Her petite hands gripped the straps on her book bag as her knees buckled. Her mouth opened to speak but she could not utter a single word.

Escape.

She pulled a small slingshot from her pocket and a good sized rock to fit it out. She aimed it at the man and attempted to shoot it at him in the forehead.

Dapper Werewolf

5,400 Points
    • Hygienic 200
    • Peoplewatcher 100
    F I N N
    User Image

Finn glanced at the blonde man staring hatefully at him. He glared back and turned to the woman, changing his expression. "Weeeelll...Not as such no," he admitted,running his hand through his air with a sad half-smile "But," he continued with a wave of his hand, " I...I perfectly understand if there isn't space. In fact, I shouldn't even be saying this. I shouldn't assume that you would even consider letting a stranger in. But you seem like a nice lady, so to put your mind at rest I..I ah..I could see if I could clear some zombies from me apartment." he said, nodding and waving his hand like it was no big deal.

He nodded again "Yeah, I suppose It'll be important, clearing them out. Get rid of a few to stop them hurting anyone.Thank again for your help." he bowed,sheathing his chopper. He turned round and began to walk to the apartment, waving behind him as he went. He stopped for a moment, considering asking if he could stay anyway. Then he shook his head, embarassed for even thinking that and began walking again.

(Out Of Cookies: There seems to be a lot of baseball bats, do you want me to change mine to something else? Like lose it and get something else like a monkey wrench or something?)
    User Image

S c a r l e t

Scarlet finally got her pipe back, but her cigarette was in the dirt and smoldering away. If this had been the apartment she would have picked the thing back up and smoked it, but because it fell on the dirt outside, she just stomped it out. If one of those things bled on the ground and she picked that up she had the potential to be infected. Scarlet was not sure how the virus was transferred, but blood to blood was possible. Atleast, to her it was. She stuck the pipe back into her pocket and was ready to walk away when his smooth voice and compliment caught her attention. It had been quite some time since she had been given any type of attention for her appearance, why pass it up?

“I may…but that’s no reason for me to stand here and bake in the sun.” Scarlet smirked and took a look around. No monsters yet. Good. Hopefully it would stay that way. “Besides…you could always come with me to the corner store and grab a drink.” The red head winked. It was unlikely that liquor was still in the store, but it was possible. A shot of anything sounded wonderful right about now.

----

Liam

The girl was terrified of him and even though she wanted to say something, her little body would not allow her to vocalize whatever it was. Liam watched as she retrieved a slingshot and aimed a rather large rock his way. While that would hurt quite a bit, Liam doubted it would kill him. But just because his sister was a doctor did not give him any type of right to go off and get banged up and expect her to fix him. The more injuries he avoided, the less likely he was to develop some type of infection and die. The rock left the sling shot at a surprising speed, and did hit him in the forehead. “Sh-“ Liam stopped himself and clapped a hand over the sore spot on his head. “What was that for?” The only door to the outside was shut. If the child hoped to distract him long enough to escape – she was out of luck.

Cautiously, the fifteen year old lowered himself to one knee so he was closer to her height. Despite glancing around, there were no other souls in the apartment. The creaking of the floor in the kitchen, or the rustling of feet on the new carpet in the bedroom, or the squeak of the hinges of the front door would have been audible had there been anyone else wandering around the safe house. This little one was without protection, or her protection was elsewhere ransacking vacant houses for food as well.

But just to be sure…

“I’m not going to hurt you.” Liam shifted himself from kneeling, to sitting. With his athletic abilities, if she did try to bolt off he could probably catch her. Though, if she was by herself and still uninfected, she had to have a good pair of legs. “Where’s your mum? Or dad?” Liam continued to look her over, a little saddened by what he noticed. Her long hair was tangled and there were many patches of dirt on her skin. If she was being taken care of, the care taker was doing a pretty poor job.

Seth stuck his hand under the bed and rustled around for a minute or two before retrieving an old bag of bite size Oreos. Juliet kept the sweets stashed underneath the bed. ‘Out of sight, out of mind’ She would say. But even when it was out of sight, it was still in his mind. The hunger pains made it nearly impossible to just forget there was food within reach. “Here, I promise I’m not going to hurt you.” He opened the bag and placed it on the floor between them. Maybe food could coax an answer out of her.

--

Seth / Juliet

Juliet watched as he started to walk away. Guilt flooded her body. How could you turn another human being away? In the hospital they did not turn anyone away…no matter how poor, or how rude. She looked up at Seth with her bright green eyes. A conversation took place between them, but no words were spoken. Like most twins, a freaky type of communication had been with them since they were infants. Seth’s mouth was a hard line, his jaw set. He did not want all these people with them…it limited their chances of remaining alive. Juliet saw it the other way. Bigger group, more supplies, more successful. That was, until someone started fighting.

“Why don’t you stay with us?” Her voice was somewhat loud, and she covered her mouth shortly after raising her voice. Her eyes darted around as she looked for more of the creatures. “We are leaving tomorrow…and the place is zombie free.” It was true, they would be leaving tomorrow. How? That was a question she had yet to answer. If they had to walk to get out of this hell hole they would. Atlanta was just not safe anymore, and never would be.

(Do as you please, I think the bat is just fine)
    User Image
    As long as Hope carries on, I will find you, Marie

Night as dark as my thoughts sets the scene for my return

Lightning nips at my heels as I race home

Wearily I stagger towards the song of her pale voice

Demons jeer my attempt to be free

Tell me I'm forgiven say you'll always be mine

Say that everything is over, tell me I'm fine

No one deserves to live like this!
    User Image

Sweat rolled down the young boy's forehead as he held the Beretta steady, aimed for the other man's head. Tuomas had found his way into a barricaded market that was apparently occupied by a man and his frightened family. A shotgun aimed at Tuomas radiated great intimidation. Tuomas was just searching for food, and he did manage to bag a couple of cans of baked beans before they found him. The man wanted the young Tuomas to leave, otherwise him and his tattoos would be painting the floor. Tuomas and the man had eyes locked on eachother. Neither were afraid to shoot if need be, but hesitated all the same, knowing they are just trying to survive in this chaotic modern reality. Tuomas could see the woman next to her daughter, and a little boy who laid covered in blankets, a small rag lying upon his head.. he had to be infected. Tuomas shifted his eyes from the boy to the man again, locking on.

Tuomas slowly lowered his handgun, clearing his throat, sweat trickling down his chin,"I want no trouble, I see you have some of your own... please, I'll leave the way I came in. I promise to tell no one how I got in." Tuomas's gun hung at his side, awaiting for the man's decision. The older male looked to his son quickly, and snapped back at Tuomas. After an intense, silent moment of thought, the man lowered his shotgun,"Get what you need and get outta here... ye' get ten minutes.. no longer." Tuomas nodded and holstered his handgun,"Thank you... may you family fair well." With that, Tuomas turned and started to gather supplies.

Walking down multiple isles, what Tuomas mostly found was useless junk, a couple of unopened water bottles, a pack of camels, and some lighter fluid. Tuomas placed his backpack on the ground, opening his metal water bottle and filled it up with one of the water bottles, and half of the second one. Tuomas immediately downed the half bottle of water and tossed it aside. After putting his backpack back on he headed out and on his way. Tuomas navigated back to the unloading area for the market, climbing up a truck and very carefully making his way over to an open window, just big enough for him and his backpack to get through, separately. The blonde and black haired boy dropped the backpack to the ground through the window, then crawling through it himself, feet first. Tuomas looked back, making a silent prayer for the family that inhabited the inside of the desolate market.

Tuomas hit the ground, catching himself with a braced stance, and with assistance from the wall as well. He quickly grabbed his backpack and slid his arms through it, scanning the area and booking it for cover behind a car about forty feet from his current position. He caught his breath and sat stayed in cover next to the honda. Peeking over the hood, he spotted two walkers in his path toward an alleyway, which held a fire escape for him to make his way up onto. Tuomas gritted his teeth and took hold of his hatchet, unclipping it from it's holder on the left side of his belt, his gun being on the right. After running through a plan in his head, Tuomas took in deep breaths, releasing them slowly, readying himself.

Finally Tuomas hopped up, sliding over the honda and spinning, making momentum with the hatchet's head. The edge of the hatchet sunk deep into the temple of the infected, becoming stuck. Tuomas then ripped it and and gave a swift and heavy roudhouse kick to the side of the second infected's head, the force of the kick causing the zombie to crash to the ground. Tuomas then dashed for the alleyway! The sound of his feet clapping against the pavement as he rushed for his destination. Tuomas sprinted into the alley, making a right turn and seeing the fire escape, as well as two more infected, stumbling around.

The two deadheads noticed him immediately! Tuomas hesitated for a moment, then running at them, yelling like a war cry! The hatchet swung again, this time planting itself into the first zombies skull. Tuomas jerked and jerked, but the hatchet was stuck. The second zombie was merely a few feet away before Tuomas gave him a stiff fireman's kick to the gut, focing him to stumble back and fall, hitting the back of a dumpster. Finally the hatchet became free, and Tuomas had his chance to escape! The ladder was too high up to grab just by jumping, he knew what must be done to reach it.

Tuomas quickly holstered his hatchet and back up against the wall just under the fire escape's ladder. He faced the wall opposite of the ladder and focused. Like a burst of bullets from an automatic, Tuomas took up running right at the wall. Tuomas caught his footing and quickly ran up the wall, turning, and diving for the ladder. His hands clasped right onto the second to last rung on the ladder, his boddy swinging and his feet dangling. Tuomas grinded his teeth as he used his upper body strength to pull himself up the ladder. He was breathing hard from the adrenaline pulsing through his ********... that was close." He let out a sigh of relief and climbed up the ladder, situating himself upon the safety of the fire escape.

The inked free runner made his way up the steps, all the way up to the roof. He took a breather and wiped the sweat from his brow. The sun was up, it was hot as hell, and the smell of death and decay filled the air. A perfect way to start the day in modern apocalyptia. Tuomas walked across the roof and peered upon the ruined city,"I hate mondays..." he muttered to himself, trying to make himself smile through the horror of reality.

All Images From DeviantART.com

Dapper Gaian

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image User Image User Image

xxxxxxxH a r p e r A l i c e C o m b s

User Image

Harper's mind screamed to run away once the small stone hit the young man's forehead. But her numb body failed to listen to her. She stumbled slightly as she hesitantly moved at the door. "I'm not going to hurt you." Harper gave her full attention to him once more. Her chocolate colored eyes seemed to swell with tears of fright as he slid his hand under the bed. How could she really trust him? What if he had a gun? Lots of people who were left in the city had guns now...

But to her surprise, the man pulled out a very familiar bag of food to her. Harper's eyes widened as she moved slightly closer to him. Her stomach growled loudly in protest as she eyed the Oreo's. She moved closer to the bag and opened it gingerly in her grimy petite hands. She shook a cookie into her hand and munched on it. Her eyes closed as she savored the thick cream in the center and the crunch chocolate bits mixed into it.

Once she finally finished the one cookie she looked at the male again and felt obliged to speak to him now. "I dunno know where my mommy and daddy are..." She spoke with a soft almost whisper worthy tone. She placed down the book bag strapped to her back and opened the zipper on it. She pulled out four cans of food that she had taken from the house and rolled them toward the male.

Perfect Pumpkin

13,125 Points
    • Married 100
    • Millionaire 200
    • Battle: Rogue 100
    User Image
    I don't know why anyone would want to predict the end of days, but even with all of the movies, television shows, video games, and books... NOTHING could have prepared us for this...

User Image

XXXXXXHis grip tightened around the baseball bat in which he held firmly in his right hand as he peered around the side of an alleyway. If he moved swftly, he could make it through to the other side without being noticed. There was only one zom in the area, and he seemed to be busy swatting at a windchime.
                XXXXXXThey say that some zombies are distracted by moving objects, the freshly turned ones, at least. The older ones vision had been faded, so they are attracted by sound. It was hard to tell the difference without getting, dangerously, close to one. Although Matthew's weaponry was mostly close combat, he never stayed close enough to tell the difference, and he never looked them in the eye. It had nothing to do with them wanting to eat him, however.
                XXXXXXNo, Matthew never looked them in the eye because he was afraid that it could be someone he knew. From the old times... When everyone was alive... when he was never in any real kind of danger like this. He knew that if he stopped to look them in the eye and he happened to recognize someone, his defences would be down, and he would be vulnerable to attack and killed. He'd already come so far... He couldn't die now.. For all he knew, there could be a cure by now. Hell, that'd be a story to tell the kids. You know, should he live long enough to find a suitable mate and have kids. Assuming the virus had blown over and died out by then. It'd be too dangerous to bring children into the world right now. Every movement would be putting too many people in danger. It's cries would attract zoms, and that wouldn't be smart unless you had a good enough weapon to fend off a massive horde that surrounds you and wants to tear you to shreds in the most violent ways possible...
                XXXXXXMatthew shook the thought of children and women from his mind as he watched the zom in the alleyway. He took a look around again before he began to move, making sure that he wasn't close enough to any more of them to draw attention. Grabbing his hunting knife, he decided to be more discreet. A baseball bat still made a noise, and he didn't know how many of them where close enough to hear it.
                XXXXXXMatt snuck up behind the zombie and jabbed his hunting knife into its skull. As it fell, he pulled the knife out and looked around. He needed to find shelter... And fast. He thought about picking the lock to the house that he was behind, but by the looks of the curtains rustling, the house was filled with zoms. Too many shadows pass the curtains for him to want to chance. He decided to press on. There had to be safety somewhere. The problem was finding a place for the time being. The streets were filled with the dead just itching to take a bite out of him. He had come too far to be bitten now... He had to keep going.
                XXXXXXMatt's eyes shifted to the sky for a moment. He only needed a place to stay until the sun went down... Then he could move again. He felt safer in the dark. Matt could see really well in the dark, which gave him an upper hand for the moment. And if there was a bunch of them, he could always hide and dig the road flares from his cargo pants pocket. They were attracted to things that moved, things that made some sort of sound... Things that are bright and shiney. Like birds. The only problem would be finding more road flares. He only had three left, since he'd used one the night before...

Out Of Chips||: Where is everyone located?

User Image

User Image

Thoughts of Marie flooded Tuomas's mind as he stood on that roof top. His eyes grew hard, the anger intense in his mind. He couldn't help but blame himself for getting knocked out in such a stupid manner, and then waking up in a basement to find the one he cared for most in this world gone, disappeared without a trace. Leaving but a small circle on a map of her destination. A theater that was rumored to be a safe house for living people. Tuomas wasn't sure if it was true, but when he went there, everyone was slaughtered, crawling with infected inside and outside. Tuomas looked upon the masses, but he never found her, nor a trace of her. Hopefully she got out and was safe somewhere, wherever she may be.

Snapping back to reality, Tuomas heard a scuffle a few alleys down. A struggle, possibly a survivor? It was safe to check out, Tuomas would just need to jump across to the next building to investigate. After thinking for a moment, he agreed upon the matter and took in a deep breath,"Now or never.." He readied himself, and dashed for the edge. Confidence in his heart, Tuomas aimed for the edge on the other side. He stepped up and jumped, pushing himself with all the strength in his legs.

His arms stuck straight out, seeking the edge of the building. The sound of his heart filled his ears, vibrating through his body as he sailed through the air. Tuomas's body slammed against the side of the building as his hands gripped the edge. His vision was blurred for a moment from the impact, but smiled at the fact that he made the jump. Tuomas again pulled himself up from the edge and onto the building. Tuomas rose to his feet, dusting himself off and jogging to the other side of the building.

The sounds of fighting were louder, Tuomas taking hold of his firearm instinctively. He reached the edge and looked over, readying his gun. Down below was a man in a white dress shirt and a green tie, completely slaughtering these zombies in his path. The man knew how to dispatch of the living dead, and was talented with melee weapons. Definitely a skilled survivor. The man finished killing them and took a moment to look toward the sky, Tuomas watching him from the edge, a watchful guardian from the heavens.

Tuomas relaxed and was going to call out to him, when he seen four infected heading toward the alley he was in. Tuomas panicked silently and shook his head, his features becoming cold and calculating. Tuomas ran onto the fire escape taking aim at one of the zombies, steadying his hands and regulating his breathing patterns. He fired twice with a pause in between them. The first s**t was a little to the left and clipped one of the zombie's shoulders. The second shot rang true, and struck the zom in the head, it falling to it's knees and onto the concrete,"Watch out! Ready yourself!" He yelled down to the man.

Tuomas ran down the steps hurriedly, frantically placing one foot in front of the other. When he was down to the last set of stairs he took aim again, popping off another two rounds. The first missed, clipping one in the leg and the other just missed it's mark, blasting through the throat of another. Tuomas knew he only had so much ammo, but he was in the middle of helping someone who's just trying to live, just like him. Tuomas pulled the lever and the ladder dropped down,"Hurry! C'mon, climb!" Tuomas took aim again, watching the Zombies, firing a single shot off into the head of the zombie closest to the man.

Perfect Pumpkin

13,125 Points
    • Married 100
    • Millionaire 200
    User Image

I don't know why anyone would want to predict the end of days, but even with all of the movies, television shows, video games, and books... NOTHING could have prepared us for this...

User Image

XXXXXXMatthew's eyes widened to the sound of a voice before his eyes shot up to the man running down the fire escape toward him. Turning quickly, Matt grabbed his bat from his back pack. He always had the handle stick out for easy access to it. Swinging hard, he hit a zom in the chin, hearing a loud crack, he knew he hit it just right. The sound of the fire arm sounded and caused his eyes to grow wide again. The sound... It was bound to attract more.

XXXXXXIt wasn't that Matt wasn't grateful for this man's warning to him of the on coming dead, it was just that the gunfire was drawing more in. As the man began to climb the fire escape, Matt followed, kicking his feet when he was grabbed onto. Stomping on their heads until they let go. When he was clear, he climbed fast before pulling up the ladder and locking it safely. He shifted his hazel eyes to the other man, trying to find out where he was. He wasn't too far ahead, thankfully. Matt's eyes grew wide when he saw a zombie wit its mouth at the window, its hands clawing at the glass, trying to get him. This was motivation enough to run up the fire escape, joining the other man on the rooftop.

XXXXXXMatt stopped to catch his breath with his hands on his knees, hunched over. After he'd regained his composure, he did a quick check. Bat check, hunting knife, check, backpack, check, canteen, check, road flairs.... Minus one. He mumbled strings of profanities as he looked over the edge and spotted it on the ground far below. Far below where a horde of zombies gathered and clawed at the side of the building, hoping that food would come their way.

XXXXXX"Thanks or the heads up." He finally said as he looked away from the zombies below and turned to face the man who'd helped him. He ws appreciative, regardless of the cirumstance. His only question now was, how were they going to get down, and where would they go. Looking around, Matt scanned the area, looking for a conveinence store with a low population of zoms in the parking lot. Or a place with lights that showed that there were survivors. Maybe a place that offered protection. A place protected by military official, that way he wouldn't have to ALWAYS be on his guard. "Where did you come from, anyway?" He asked softly before shifting his hazel eyes back to the man. He felt a tad rude for not introducing himself, but this wasn't the place for such pleasantries.

User Image

User Image

As soon as the man made it onto the fire escape, Tuomas stopped firing. He looked down at his Beretta and slid out the magazine. Only seven shots left. Tuomas knew he needed to save this for a very sticky situation, for now his hatchet and crowbar would have to prove their worth to him. He slid the clip back into the gun and cocked it, placing it on safety and back into it's holster. The Alley was flooded now, the gunfire didn't help the situation, but at least the man was alive, something to be grateful for.

Tuomas watched the man as he made it up to the roof, catching his breath from the whole situation. He was just a tad taller than Tuomas, and more clean than he was as well. He had a backpack, baseball bat, and a few other possessions that were essential to survival. He was a ready man. Ready for anything that is, and that was a good trait to have. Tuomas looked over the edge at the zombies again, cringing at the thought of watching this poor lad being torn apart by those ghouls of death and mayhem. Tuomas had seen it once before, and the screams never left his mind. So chilling, all the way til she made her last blood curdling shriek.

The man spoke to Tuomas, thanking him for his helping hand. Tuomas nodded,"No problem. Couldn't have let you become zombie chow now could I?" Tuomas smirked, spitting down onto the head of one of the zombies. Tuomas turned facing the man and watched him carefully. Watching for any sudden moves, hopefully he wasn't one of the psychos he's encountered before. The last one had a chainsaw, that wasn't very fun at all, almost got cut in two several times,"The last place I slept was in an attic of a house over on Evergreen Avenue, over in the east of the city... Just got a couple of supplies from a store not too far from here.. wasn't much and was covered with those freaks." Tuomas began walking over to the otherside of the roof,"I was actually looking for a new area to hold up in for the night." Tuomas scanned across the view of the buildings in his line of vision, unsure of his next destination.

The young tattooed male turned to the other man,"Name's Tuomas." He spoke lightly grinning at the man. It was good to be speaking to someone that wasn't trying to kill him, it's been a minute,"If you don't mind me asking, where are you headed? Any sanctuary you run across?" Tuomas asked curiously, his piercing blue eyes waiting in hopes that he knew of another safe haven for survivors.

Perfect Pumpkin

13,125 Points
    • Married 100
    • Millionaire 200
    User Image

User Image

XXXXXXHe stopped to think for a moment as he scanned the man's face. It was evident that he'd been through a lot. Taking off his bag, Matt sat, cross-legged, on the floor after shifting his eyes quickly over to the roof access door to see that it was chained and padlocked. It was safe to rest here for the moment. Pulling out his canteen, he opened it and took a swig of the luke-warm water before, offering some to Tuomas.

XXXXXX"Matthew Ryan Foster." He introduced himself. He drew in a breath as he thought about what to say next. "Honestly, I don't know where I'm going anymore. I was hding out in a Bass Pro Shop across town for a few days... Then a group of crazy people took over and decided to tempt fate." He looked down as he reflected. "We were all safe until they decided to unblock the doors and see how many they could kill with a single weapon... One thing lead to another, and... well... I was the only one to make it out alive." Matt thought back. There were women, children, and infants in there... He tried to save as many as he could, but it didn't help... They weren't fast enough... The image of a woman being torn to shreds as a zom ate her three month old was burned to the back of his eye lids... He saw it every time he closed his eyes... It was a nighmare... But not the nightmare that kept him up at night...

XXXXXXWhat kept him up at night was the fear of running into his parents. They were amongst the undead and walking the town freely... He didn't have the heart to kill them... They were his parents... He still beleived so, even though they tried to devour him. He couldn't bring himself to do it... Matthew fears the day that he would have to put them down... Or the day that he watches them be put down... He'd much rather tape pillows to their hands and put a bird cage over their heads.

XXXXXXTuomas looked as though he hadn't eaten in a while, so Matthew reached inside his bag and pulled out a can of peaches and a can opener. He'd grabbed a few small cans of food from a conveinience store he'd raided earlier in the week. Not enough to weigh him down and slow him, but enough to keep him afloat until he had found a new place to hide and raid. Matthew knew that apartments were prime for supplies, but all of the ones he'd seen so far have been filled with the undead. He didn't have the desire to take them all on alone. It would be sucide. There was no telling how many there really were. The thought of it snapped Matt back to life as he shifted his eyes back to Tuomas.

User Image

User Image

Tuomas took the canteen, taking a single drink from it and handing it back. Water was just as precious as food or ammo, one didn't want to get dehydrated while evading the undead hordes. Tuomas hadn't taken a shower in many days. His jeans crusted with blood splatter, his hoodie tattered and ripped in various areas as well, the left sleeve completely gone, and the other rolled up to his forearm. Small scraps were littered on his arms, and his fingerless gloves were also covered in dried crimson, staining his hands underneath them. Tuomas was a mess, and felt grimy for days, but in times like this, showers weren't essential.

Tuomas listened to Mathew's story, lowering his hood, showing his beat up blonde and black hair. How he was held up in a sporting goods store and everything went to s**t. It brought a saddened expression to his face as he looked downward. All the needless deaths of people too ignorant to just stay quiet, stay alive, not tempt the fates and take a roll of the dice. Not when you have something to still live fore. Tuomas fingered the ring that hung from around his neck, the thought of her entering his mind,"Sorry to hear about your friends..." Tuomas sat across from him, taking his backpack off as well.

Opening up his backpack he pulled out a pack of cigarettes, tearing away at the plastic wrapping and taking a cigarette out, placing it between his lips. Then he reached into his pocket, producing a gold Zippo lighter with the letters 'T & M' on it, lighting his cigarette and inhaling. Tuomas eyed the cans that Mathew produced from his pack. The man didn't seem like a threat so far, but Tuomas wasn't one to let his guard down that easily. Tuomas's stomach roared at him in anger for not nourishing it for so long. It had been almost three days since he had something other than an energy bar. He dug into his backpack as well, taking two cans of chicken noodle soup out as well,"Trade ya a can." Tuomas didn't believe in taking something from someone when a thing like canned food was getting hard to come by and shouldn't be given away like a gift. Tuomas rolled a can to him, taking another hit from his cigarette.

A thought then entered his mind, his eyes shifting to Mathew,"There didn't happen to be a woman named Marie Kinkade with your group... was there?" Tuomas's eyes pleaded for a response, hopefully she wasn't killed with the rest of the group. Hopefully he had no Idea who he was talking about. At least that would give him some solace to his dilema. Tuomas puffed on his cigarette, thinking and waiting for an answer from the man.

Perfect Pumpkin

13,125 Points
    • Married 100
    • Millionaire 200
    User Image

User Image

XXXXXXMatt had to think long and hard about this. The name didn't sound remotey familar. Picking up the can and sliding it into his bag for later, he handed Tuomas the can opener. After a moment of silence, he didn't know the name, so he simply shook his head. He figured this person was important to Tuomas, so he thought of something to say. Sifting his face up to the sky, his hazel eyes scanned the cloudless sky as if the words to say were written there.

XXXXXX"You'll find her. Jus don't give up hope, man." He said softly, offering hope to him. Matt thought about offering to help him with his search for this person, but then he remembered how hard it was to travel in a group... Always having to look over your shoulder to make sure your followers were safe. This was how he lost a girl he liked back in college. He wanted to save her.. to go back and bash the zom who bit her. But the others stopped him and pulled him in the other direction running. He sighed heavily before looking back at Tuomas. Scratching the skin between his upper lip and his nose, he exhaled slowly. "If we stick together until we find a safehouse... I'll gladly help you look. But if we stick together... My only request is... no firearms, and we move quickly." He said softly before looking around again.

XXXXXXThe rooftop was secure enough, but not exactly comfortable. In his mind, he tried to think of several differet places to go, or how Tuomas and himself could get inside one of he apartments in which they sat atop the roof of and hold themselves up for a little while in there. He thought about getting in through one of the windows through the fire escape and sliding inside, taking out any zoms inside, but that was risky. Risky, but not impossible.

XXXXXXInside an apartment would be a lot safter than being out in the open, where potential theives could be watching and waiting... Matt was begining to actually think through the idea of getting into one of the apartments safely. Shaking his head free of this thought, he worried about whether or not the doors of the apartment were open, thus letting more zoms in, putting himself in danger as well as Tuomas. He wasn't going to risk it unless Tuomas was up for finding some cover...

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff