Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

Xaela Baela

User ImageKael's chest heaved up and down for air as his eyes snapped in the direction of a voice. When his ears captured the sound of her yelling, it pierced him so hard that it almost started a splitting headache. Behind the glasses, his eyes were a swirl of color. Each one radiated clearly in the dark and seemed to look in the woman's direction but slightly past her as well. The arm not covered in blood reached up to clasp against his ear. Having been shot, his control over the sound received in his mind was off. Which was causing huge fluctuations in sound.

"WHAT?"

Suddenly, his eyes became wide and paused for a moment. Still watching the woman, he simply waited to see if another form would present itself. It did not.

Kael blinked in astonishment as a few bits of blood fell to the ground and pain blossomed. It wasn't everyday that he was shot with such clean precision. Normally, the bounty hunters would be careless. Losing a leg or a foot was a common thing with Compendiums. Here it seemed, a pro was after him.

His gaze never left her face and yet his good arm checked the wound, felt it, and then he allowed himself to analyze the distance between them. Kael nodded and spoke plainly. "I'm alright. Please.. don't call the cops.." He said, while another drop it the ground.

Wheezing Businesswoman

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
{ P r a y }
'Til I go blind
{ P r a y }
'Cause nobody ever survives
Prayin' to stay in her arms just until I can die a little longer
Saviours and saints, devils and heathens alike

Alara raised her eyebrow at the man's response. He seemed dazed and confused, which, to Alara, wasn't strange considering the circumstances. However, she knew something was off. It didn't quite hit her, but as she watched him move his arm to his shoulder, she could smell it: blood. Alara, now 150 years old to the day, had a great amount of control over her thirst around wounds. However, her nose uncontrollably flared in response, but the stranger was too far away to notice. She rubbed her nose and sniffled, a poor attempt to cover the reaction she had, but she calmed herself. She knew she would have to feed sooner rather than later, though, just to make sure she wouldn't lose her s**t.

When Alara heard the man's plea about the cops, she let out a hearty, full laugh, probably sounding crazed to the stranger. She stopped quickly and grinned with the left side of her mouth at the stranger, revealing half of her teeth. She explained,
                                          "Don't worry, the last thing I want to do is call the cops. I don't need that in my life". She heard the bullet drop to the ground prior, and knew at that point that she really didn't want to call the cops. Although she knew better than to get involved, she smiled at the man and asked, "Hey, I don't want any trouble, but it looks like you could use a drink, and my place - Larry's Place - is just a couple blocks from here. Interested?" she inquired. From the looks of the guy, it seemed like he could use a beer or eight, and owning a bar made giving drinks to strangers easy. She had no intention of getting too involved in this guy's problems at this point, but was curious to see if she could get some background on what had just happened - whether it be via compulsion or not - and figure out this guy before just walking off into the dark and already being possibly involved. She also knew she needed to get a pack of blood from the bar either way, so offering him something to calm down seemed like a kind gesture that wouldn't burden her.

She'll eat you a l i v e

location | Sidewalk, Lower Manhattan, near Alara's apartment
temperament | Curious, calm
attire | Patterned running leggings, a black tank top, patterned sports bra, and her black Nike's
hunger | ▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
▒░░░ 40 %

ooc ||
CompendiumTruth

Aged Noob

Xaela Baela

User ImageVampire.

Immediately, Kael's mind went back to the memories of meeting Maldaddon and how his father had introduced them during the war. Those days were still buried in the past. So he kept them there, but he wasn't expecting to find someone like this here. Specifically a vampire.

The blood on the ground turned from red to black. A thick darkness that contained bits of light; a Compendiums blood would always turn black when exposed to other gasses that natural air on earth contained. It frustrated him, a lot, because this stuff was worth black market value and he knew that. The question was.. did she?

Her foggy form began to come together and even though he was looking past her, he grinned steadily. "Thank you. Definitely interested. "

Her jogging clothes revealed parts of the body that he was now trying to ignore. Being a man always got in the way of his focused ability but he kept churning over the thought of her teeth. Oh what he wouldn't give to.... yep. Do it. "I'd umm.. love a drink." He joked ; now walking towards her.

The blood continued to fall. Even as he took notice of her facial action to stiff the thirst.

Wheezing Businesswoman

{ P r a y }
'Til I go blind
{ P r a y }

Alara grinned at the stranger as he approached her, revealing his own shape and face to her. Something about him seemed familiar, but after 176 years, so do most people. Alara quickly glanced at the continuous dripping of blood coming from the man, and now understood why his blood smelled peculiar: Compendium. Her grin grew larger, proud of herself for now having some understanding of the situation.

"My name is Celeste," she said to the stranger, extending her hand towards him. She knew that he must know what she was at this point, but she couldn't trust him enough to reveal her true identity. He had accepted her invite - but that could have poor or good outcomes, and she wasn't willing to identify herself before finding out. Although she would almost undoubtedly reveal herself to him as a vampire, seeing as how they were both aware of each other's existence at this point, she had no need to delve into her full identity just yet.

She'll eat you a l i v e

temperament | Curious, calm
attire | Patterned running leggings, a black tank top, patterned sports bra, and her black Nike's
hunger | ▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
▒░░░ 40 %

ooc ||
CompendiumTruth

Demonic Phantom

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

I TxxM I G H TxxN O TxxB ExxT H ExxR I G H TxxT I M E
                                      xoxoxoxxxxIxxm i g h txxn o txxb exxt h exxr i g h txxo n e
                                      BUTxxTHERE'SxxSOMETHINGxxABOUTxxUS
                                      xxI xxxx w a n txxt oxxs a y...
                                      ' C a u s exxt h e r e ' sxxs o m e t h i n gxxb e t w e e nxxu s . . .
                                      xxa n y w a y ! !

xxxxxx 〈〈 A V A × L O C K W O O D

"Hello...?" x I wonder..
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

The wind. It made the blistering cold and snow even more deadly, but she tried her best to ignore it. Despite her long jeans, skinny however, and thick, over sized sweater, she couldn't couldn't shake the cold feeling. A hand coming up to her mouth to block the white puffs coming from it when she exhaled.

She still carried her way in the alley. It was long and narrow and at the end contained two different ways she could go through. Despite the moon hanging high above and the odd silence the night created, she was just ready to call it a day. She couldn't, however, considering she was on her way to the store. A frown pursing her lips.

Swosh.

"Curse this snow," Her soft voice came out. Her pale skin coming a pink tinted color. Where she was from, it was warm most of the time, cold in winters, but snow was foreign to her. Because she didn't spend most of her time outside or because they didn't get any, it was an alien substance that now, she hated dearly. Gotta deal with it, her thoughts said as she turned to the right. Now let me remember where this store was...

Ixxn e e dxxy o uxxm yxxm o r exx t h a nxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                          A n y t h i n gxxi nxxm yxxl i f e ! ! ♪♫

Location : Alley - Emotion : Content - Attire : Pretty in blue - With Whom : none - Thoughts : Can't wait to rest my feet - O.O.C : first post... why? D:

Aged Noob

Xaela Baela

User ImageWhen his right hand shook hers, just a point of blood had spread to his thumb. Kael pondered jumping her before she decided to kill him. It was a strange and unfamiliar meeting. Then again, her discovery of his misfortune had saved his life. Bounty hunters didn't mesh with vampires. At all. They would probably believe that she had claimed him and for now, he was going to let it stay that way.

When she was close, his eyes still looked right past her and the glow of color began to fade to a calm grey. Kael's bloodied coat had turned a nice shade of deep black instead of brown. It didn't bother him in the slightest. In fact, he seemed to not even notice. He nodded respectively, saying her name. "Celeste."

His lips tried it out once before he ran the name through his brain. No. He didn't know of anyone that resembled her. So she was either an enemy or pacifist.

At the sight of her grin, his throat tightened up and he swallowed nervously. Kael didn't know what the look of hers wrought. He was beginning to also become acutely aware of her hair and her body. So he quickly removed his hand from hers after the briefest of touching and continued to just stare past her. "I'm Kael."

He said it very straight forward and almost with a glare. Usually, there was a comment following the name. Something to the effect of grating on him for having a name. Being a tool for other creatures of the night always had that effect. So he just decided to gesture. "After you ma'am."

Lunatic

User Image
Mart
The Living Nightmare

Form: Hooded Figure -> Raven ->
Hooded figure -> Cockroach swarm
Interactions: Ava
Mood: Wants to make someone scream

As the sun set, a black fog slowly emerged from the Empire State's upper air vents. Slowly, it crept up to the very top and from the feet up took the shape of a tall man with cracked, gray skin, a skin-n-bones physique, and a subtly, yet intricately detailed outfit that a normal man would only get away with on Halloween. Stretching his arms out and rotating his shoulders, the man looked out to the sun rolling over the horizon with a smile. "Sunsets... Truly... Universally beautiful."

Mart sat atop the building for a while, watching as a living, breathing painting unfolded before him. He extended his thumbs and forefingers out to create a frame for the horizon... Then remembered that his can of orange was all used up. "Blast," he remarked to himself playfully. He would have to buy more the next day, but alas he had spent his last dollar today on a cup of Jell-o. What a shame. Muggings were much too common in New York to be entertaining these days.

Taking the shape of a raven, Mart flew from the top of the building and looked down to the city below him. The sun wasn't al the way down yet, so he needed to take care that he picked a target carefully, preferrably isolated and submissive. Aaaaaaaaaaaand within minutes he had spotted the girl silly enough to walk down an alley after the sun was going down. Silly... Or brave... This might be fun.

Mart perched on the edge of a building's roof overlooking the alleyway. This girl was exceptionally beautiful. She carried herself like... A model? An actress? A singer on her way to an evening gig? What was Mart there for again? The Raven's form leaked black fog and creeped down the wall of the alley, landing silently behind a dumpster that was out of her field of view. Taking his tradmark hooded figure form again, Mart banged the dumpster loudly with a closed fist, and then flowed into the dumpster's opening. Once he was sure she was looking at the source of the sound, A large, thick swarm of cockroaches leaked from the dumpster's cracks and openings and started scuttling towards her.eratically. Mart wasn't even sure what this girl was afraid of, but how could he go wrong with a swarm of cockroaches... Why was he doing this again?

Wheezing Businesswoman

{ P r a y }
'Til I go blind
{ P r a y }

Kael's voice was smooth in Alara's ears, though he didn't have the luck of the vampire to have as alluring of a voice as her own. Vampires were bred not only to survive, but also to lure in their prey. This often turned vampires into hedonists, indulging in sex, drugs, alcohol, you name it - they had a great deal of power, but they also had to be aware of those who put a price on their heads.

As Kael gestured, she quickly moved in front of him, eager to quench her thirst as quickly as possible. Although she had no desire to harm this Compendium, she didn't want to convey any sense of gullible behaviour, or portray a lack of observance on her part. She sighed, and then set her lips and smiled slightly. Better to do it now rather than later, she thought to herself.

"You know, Kael, it isn't every day that I'm lucky enough to be graced by the presence of a Compendium," she casually informed him, stating this almost offhandedly. The twang of her English accent, hinted by her home of Manchester, thrived off of certain words - and it was in full bloom in her speech as she spoke cooly. She wanted him to know that she was in no mood to play around, but also convey her lack of care about either of their statuses' as supernatural. She looked back at him over her shoulder and looked into his eyes. "And if I wanted to kill you, I never would've let you bleed out so much."

Alara, at this point, had hoped to have conveyed her peace treaty to him. Although she had a great deal of experience under her belt, surprise attacks by intelligent supernaturals were still a threat. She turned her head again to him, laughed lightly, and joked, "And thanks to you, I have company on my birthday."

The snow began to crunch under Alara's feet as she walked, only just realizing it was snowing. She was immune to the change in temperature for the most part at her age, but she still enjoyed the snow. Alara held out her hands to feel each and every snowflake touch her skin and melt. She couldn't wait to get out of her grimy running clothes and into something more fitting for the occasion, not to mention have a drink with Kael. She may have been old, but Alara was still pretty unfamiliar with a decent amount of species, including Compendiums, and hoped to learn more. She even kept a notebook of the notes she had kept on different races and species.

They were just a block now or so from Larry's - a mocking name for a coy woman's bar - and nobody understood it but those who knew her well.

She'll eat you a l i v e

temperament | Curious, playful
hunger | ▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
▒░░░ 40 %

ooc ||
CompendiumTruth

Demonic Phantom

16,875 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image

I TxxM I G H TxxN O TxxB ExxT H ExxR I G H TxxT I M E
                                      xoxoxoxxxxIxxm i g h txxn o txxb exxt h exxr i g h txxo n e
                                      BUTxxTHERE'SxxSOMETHINGxxABOUTxxUS
                                      xxI xxxx w a n txxt oxxs a y...
                                      ' C a u s exxt h e r e ' sxxs o m e t h i n gxxb e t w e e nxxu s . . .
                                      xxa n y w a y ! !

xxxxxx 〈〈 A V A × L O C K W O O D

"Hello...?" x I wonder..
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Tap. Tap.

Her heeled yet comfortable boots clicked with every step and created an echo that surrounded her and seemed to last forever, but that wasn't what caught her attention. Of course, the wind wasn't in her favor and the cold snow beating down wasn't either, but there was something. She felt like someone was watching her. Why? She didn't know.

The echos of her blue boots tapping ceased as she stood there for a moment. A bang interrupting her thoughts. It sounded like it came from the recent dumpster she had pasted a little bit ago. Her head turning to the side ever so slightly. What she saw was terrifying.

"W-what in the hell!''

The words came out of her so fast that she couldn't control them. What she saw coming from the dumpster was enough to scare her, but they were bugs, right? It couldn't be that bad, but her girly nature kicked in. Her speed started to pick up. She wasn't one to run from bugs, but cockroaches were a different story....

Ixxn e e dxxy o uxxm yxxm o r exx t h a nxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                          A n y t h i n gxxi nxxm yxxl i f e ! ! ♪♫

Location : Alley - Emotion : Undiscribable - Attire : Pretty in blue - With Whom : none - Thoughts : Ugh! - O.O.C : xxx

iDeViLPsYcHo

Aged Noob

Xaela Baela

User ImageWhile he followed behind, Kael reached out just a little with his power. Eager to gain some sort of reference point with this woman. She was entirely different from anything he had analyzed before and he found himself having a hard time just seeing her. Literally. Most of the disturbances in the air were full of protruding snow flakes. Causing his mind to reverberate and not collect as much data as he would have liked.

"Well in that case, I appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt. It would be a shame to get all this snow bloodied; especially on your birthday."

He said those words without a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Most of the main knowledge about beings like him were basically that. Kill them before they bleed out. There weren't many of his kind left after forties.. in fact.. he wasn't entirely sure why she didn't kill him. Celeste had no idea who he belonged to; IF he belonged to anybody at all. It was probably a good thing that she didn't know he was rogue.

She was in deed lucky but he was more so. He was just lucky enough to be alive.

After he finished processing this, the smokey overcast of a bar came into view. He couldn't see much of it, but he way she moved suggested they were close. He just had to be careful. The allure of her vampire ways were beating at his mind along with the pain and it was difficult to push them away.

"I don't know how much company i'll be.. but I really would like a drink." He followed her to the door...

Though there were many things Astor despised about metropolitan life, he’d always had a penchant for people watching. Even now, his metallic gaze slipped across the masses in rhythmic motions - each flicker of his keen irises taking in the makings of yet another face. Another thread in the vast tapestry of humanity. Another story, waiting to end, unfold. Though he’d only been there a short time, it was already fairly apparent that New York had a great deal to offer in the way of diversity. The word ‘eclectic’ hardly did it justice.

The dull light of smoldering cigarette briefly illuminated the male’s pale features as he drew in the last of what it had to offer. Once finished, a quick snap of the wrist then sent the butt flying into a brimming ash bin beside the entrance to what looked to be a book store. There was really no point in smoking anymore. It wasn’t as though it had any effect. Nevertheless, it was one of the few habits from his human years that Astor just couldn’t bring himself to give up.

A decrepit sign above the front window read ‘Crossroads’ in a haggard text.. The silvery sound of bells filled the air as he laid a hand on the doors rickety knob and slipped back inside. Several rows of tall, heavy shelves lined with a variety of both old and new literary works took up most of the rectangular space. Near the back of the room sat an old wooden counter and cash register. Behind it sat a middle-aged, dark eyed woman with long twin braids. Upon hearing the his return she flinched and switched her focus from her book to source of the disturbance. “Have a nice break, Mister Rothbaur?” She smiled, shifting to push the bridge of her half-moon glasses up and back into place at the top of her nose.

“No better than usual, I suppose.” He slipped free from the confines of his wool coat and strode nimbly up to lean against the counter. “Then again, it was no worse either. So I can’t really complain.” The makings of charming smile ebbed at the corners of his smooth lips. “Why don’t you go ahead and call it a day, Misses Marsh..” Though worded like a question it was really more of a statement. “I can finish up here. You’ve had a long day.”

“Are you sure?” The woman blinked a few times, hesitant. “Yes, of course. It’s no trouble.” Suddenly, his quiet smirk morphed into a full fledged, pearly grin. “Besides, you have your nieces tonight, don’t you? I’m certain they’ll make far better use of your time than I ever could.” A rosy flush spilled over Misses Marsh’s dark complexion in reaction, as it usually did when Astor teased her. “Well, if you insist.” She sputtered. Then without further hesitation she scurried through motions of collecting her things and headed for the exit at the back of the store. But before making her escape she paused one more time to wave and muttered a short farewell. “Have a good night, Mr. Rothbaur. Stay out of trouble, and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“No promises.” He winked playfully. “Goodnight, Misses Marsh.” And with that, she was gone.
                                                          Almost immediately after the jangle of the bells on the front door shimmied into the dim atmosphere of the shop. Knowing the sound too well, Astor turned to let his hips rest against the countertop and scanned the room for what, or whoever may have decided to pay a last minute visit.

[ location | Crossroads Books ] [ mood | Mellow ] [ company | Misses Marsh --- > Nobody ] xxxxxxxx

ooc: Mediocre post is mediocre. I'll try and find a way to fit Astor in somewhere tomorrow.
S'what I get for being so late to the party emotion_facepalm

Wheezing Businesswoman

{ P r a y }
'Til I go blind
{ P r a y }

Once they had reached the bar, Alara opened the door to the empty bar. It was a Monday and early in the evening - there were two or three regular old drunks who came in during this time, and it seemed as if only one - Dave - had made it in. He sat quietly in the back of the bar with his pint of the cheapest beer on tap, nothing to worry about.

Alara motioned for Kael to sit at the bar. She looked over to him, standing at the bar and motion her head. She was impatient and needed to get blood quick.
                                          "I need to run upstairs quick to change - you going to be fine down here by yourself with Davey over there, or are you going to stand me up?" she playfully asked. She didn't mind being on her own for her birthday, but this was her creation birthday, marking 150 years, and preferred the company.

She'll eat you a l i v e

location | Larry's [Alara's bar]
temperament | Curious, playful, thirsty
hunger | ▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒░░░ 60 %

ooc ||
CompendiumTruth

Lunatic

User Image
Mart
The Living Nightmare

Form: Cockroaches -> Flying cockroaches! ->
Hand reaching out from said flying cockroaches!
Interactions: Ava
Mood: Wants to make someone scream

The reaction that Ava made wasn't quite enough to satisfy Mart. She was almost to the end of the alleyway, and once she had reached it, it would be a bad idea to break the perception of reality with the possiblity of several people around. The last time he had done that, several innocent people ended up dying, but that wasn't going to lead him astray from getting his fun in.

From his experience, there was one real thing that everyone afraid of cockroaches feared even more. Flying cockroaches. One of them from the swarm released its wings, and took flight, landing on a wall within her peripheral vision. Several followed, and then a couple flew right in front of her for an initial startle, and then finally, a few leaped up and landed on the back of her neck and head, scuttering around as much as they could before she inevitably knocked them off. Within the collective mind of the insects, Mart knew this was going to hurt, but it was so going to be worth it if he could get a good shriek out of it all.

Becoming excited, Mart decided that he would break reality's barrier, but only from behind his victim. From within the swarm, the roaches reformed into his head so that he had the vocal cords to produce sound. "Please, help me..." he called out weakly, and then the head reformed into a hand with skin partially chewed off, desperately grasping the air above the swarm. Perfect! The scene was set! The cockroaches all looked to Ava, hoping that she would turn around and see the moving, barely alive hand produced by the living nightmare.

Aged Noob

Xaela Baela

User ImageKael noticed a spring in her step. One that hadn't been there before and he took that as a good sign.

"Don't worry. I won't run."

He said the words with just a hint of animosity. It was an accident, truth be told but this wasn't the first time a vampire had taken him to a strange establishment. There was already a sense of commitment on both of their parts. Celeste wouldn't kill him and Kael wouldn't try to cause a scene. So without looking at her, his eyes instantly darted towards the bathroom and he strode towards it.

Leaving her to her own needs, he past the man at the end of the bar and entered the stall room. Once inside he simply lifted his arms. The door locked on its own and he began to chore through the damage. First, the large brown coat lifted itself up into the air and hung up, independently on a hook. Second his scarf and third his shirt. Kael winced when he poked and prodded the bullet hole with his hand. Thankfully it was that precision shot. A straight through passage way had drilled itself through his upper pectoral muscle. Perfect.

Then, the dark dank restroom became alive for just a short ten second burst. All at once blood, water, and pieces of dead tissue lifted into the air. Using Shikiichi, Kael moved controlled the oxygen surrounding each piece of flesh. Then he manipulated them to stitch the wound closed. All of the dried blood, like a river, slowly slithered back into the hole and he lifted his arm up flexing it. Healing wasn't his specialty. If he had a doctors degree this wound would have been healed in days. Maybe even hours. Nothing like a vampire but much faster than a human.

There was just one problem. His blood carried a scent like a rabbit to a wolf. This included vampires...

After finishing up, he strolled out of the bathroom with his jacket and scarf in hand. Now only wearing a black t shirt; he needed that drink. But he waited. Because he was the company.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff