Welcome to Gaia! ::

When did you first start RPing on Gaia?(PS, No Pollwhore Option)

2003 0.13846153846154 13.8% [ 9 ]
2004 0.10769230769231 10.8% [ 7 ]
2005 (Deceit joined this year!) 0.13846153846154 13.8% [ 9 ]
2006 (Ferret joined this year!) 0.13846153846154 13.8% [ 9 ]
2007 0.13846153846154 13.8% [ 9 ]
2008 0.046153846153846 4.6% [ 3 ]
2009 0.061538461538462 6.2% [ 4 ]
2010 0.10769230769231 10.8% [ 7 ]
2011 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 5 ]
2012 0.046153846153846 4.6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 65 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Tessa The Shapeshifter

-~-{[( Emotion is a Monster in Disguise )]}-~-

Tessa watched with amazement. The woman was the core of the chaos, that much was clear. As she effectively perched near her, Tessa immediately, and quietly, moved over to her. The woman was special, entrancing, and Tessa possessed a desire to be near her. Her motivations were hard to determine, trapped behind a foggy haze, her own psychosis preventing her from understanding her intentions.

((My brain very rapidly died. I'm sorry. Might be because Prototype 2 distracted me. I'm sorry.))
Faith leaned against one of the table tops, watching with intrigue as the scene escalated although knowing that it was just a matter of time before the authorities were called and came to ruin her fun. Oh well, she could handle a cop or two, besides every dead cop was one step closer to the city falling at her feet. She was not foolish enough to assume that she could simply take the city by force, there were government officials who would need persuading and local gangs that would need to be unified before she attempted such a drastic change. For now killing at her leisure and for pleasure was good enough, but having Tessa to play with made things all the more fun.

Faith gently leaned into Tessa's side, smiling at the girl and leaning her head against Tessa's as she watched with joy. "You and I could make quite a team," she chided soothingly. "We can watch the pathetic humans tear each other apart for a while, but when the night comes to a close, where are you staying?" She asked warmly now, threat absent her person for the moment, she had vision of the future which blocked out the thought of Tessa as being any form of competition, not yet at least.

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Tessa The Shapeshifter

-~-{[( Emotion is a Monster in Disguise )]}-~-

Tessa heard and absorbed the woman's words, the woman's question, but found her mind struggling to tick. There was simply too much going on, and she needed out of the place. Tessa grabbed the woman's hand with her own, which was now coated in a thick mucus-membrane. The texture was gross, but the purpose the same as any other mucus, to protect from foreign contaminants. Tessa hoped the mucus would keep her hormone free as she pulled the girl along behind her, not without a forcefulness to it. She went through the crowd, around the brawl, and out the exit. Once in the street, with the rain falling all around, she stopped, and let the mucus absorb back through her pale skin. Her eyes changed back to a deep brown, and she turned to the woman, her mind coming back to full power.

"I don't have any one place. I live in the den of my prey." Tessa's mind wondered on how many different homes she'd lived in, tricking its inhabitants into thinking she were a father, lover, wife, or child. Consuming them in the night. Leaving the house empty for weeks, or months, until someone came to investigate why rent wasn't being payed. It was Tessa's way. Deep inside, a cauldron of minds stirred as she reflected over their pasts, over their memories, but she quickly closed the lid on such a thing. "Do you need a place to stay? Bill had a 'pad' not far from here. He keeps the key under a mat. There is one bed, it has silk, and the entire place smells of lavender because he sprays a particular spray every morning to keep it that way." Bill was the man Tessa had just consumed. His mind stirred in the cauldron, fresh and willful. It would soon subside, like the rest.

User Image
☩Baldur ☩

"Come fiend, and taste a gods wrath"

--------------------------------------------------------------

At first Baldur thought the creature before him to be a shade, but he noticed a solidity not of their kind. This fact led him to assume that The shadowy creature before was like him, a god. This brought a twinge of guilt to his face, one brought on by thoughts of his brother lokie, a god with powers similar to the creature before him. He knew his brother dead, but the tortures that he had endured before his death, tortures because of helping Baldur. It brought a sorrow into his heart he had ignored for years.

"you there. Fellow god, Where is this? what year is this now. How long have i been sleeping in my throne, for buildings to have reached the heavens and for horses to have turned to iron carriages"

He spoke of course of the skyscrapers and cars. Things he didn't not fully understand, nor care to understand. His voice was hushed now, no longer booming, and he couldn't sorrow it held. Looping his mace onto his belt he stepped over the bleeding body of one man to approach his fellow god, hoping to gain the answers to his questions.

"In the end we know who shall fall to the pit."

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Test Number 85

-~-{[( Phantom Spies Someone Strange )]}-~-

Phantom stared at the man, stone faced. Of course, the man couldn't see the face underneath the mask of darkness he was cloaked in, but he was stone faced none-the-less. This was no ordinary individual with genetic differentiation and applicable talents. Either the guy was from the past, which Phantom could determine merely by his accented vocabulary, and his descriptive way of inquiring about very common things, such as building reaching to the heavens, and iron carriages. There was that possibility. Or, this man who believed himself a God in fellowship with Phantom... was absolutely insane. Frankly, the latter seemed the most likely, and for that reason, Test was going to play along. Lest the unpredictable occur, and unpredictably result in Test's death.

"Its been several thousand- no, hundred, wait.... Hundred? Screw it. This one does not know how long you have slept. The year is 2016, and horses didn't turn into iron carriages... They were just put into stables, and... forgotten about, this one guesses." If anyone could see Test's face, he would be blushing. He tried to attain a strong, confident demeanor, but neither traits were natural to him, and he felt silly attempting even a straight posture. After a few moments, Phantom said, "This one is Phantom, of... Laboratory. Owner of One Gibson Guitar, Defender of this City, Nexus." A couple of police officers took the role of onlookers to the conversation, and laughed hysterically as Phantom attempted his communication with the god.

User Image
☩Baldur ☩

"2016? a thousand years has passed. More so. When i first went into my blisful slumber rome had just begun its decline into decay, the world was at war. Though it was a human war. No devils with powers like mine roamed the earth that needed defeat. And now, it seems others like myself have been born. Tell me, phantom. What is this guitar you speak of? And do you have refuge we may seek. I would hear more of this time. And i find myself filled with thirst."

His tone was sincere, and his poster was that of a returning king. He had been a god in his time, and his very actions told of it. His armor was made of a dark metal, and embossed with gold designs of ancient Norse heritage. If one were to read him, he told no lies, he truly was of another time, and truly thought himself and other supers to be gods among men.

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Test Number 85

"This... This one has a place we could talk if you like. I can take you there quickly, or slowly." Phantom was, of course, walking to walking/running/vehicular transport, vs his teleportation. He held out his hand, and said, "He can take you there instantly, however... It can be a tad frightening to some. But, this one does have water... or mead, actually, at his... refuge." It was a funny story how Test had gotten bottles of mead, actually. Involving a goat. However, that was for another time. Phantom was concerned. Was the man so powerful because he had been alive for so long? Or was he alive because he was so powerful? This was concerning. He'd HAVE to try and explain to the being that neither of them were gods. Test most of all. Times had change, social roles had changed. Ugh, this could go so bad.

Test especially had a fear of taking the man to his apartment. Normally, whenever he met a super, he did not hide his identity. They had no reason to reveal Phantom was actually a small, disturbed boy struggling to live on his own. They often had as much to fear from losing their big secret, as well. This man, however, didn't seem like he had anything he could lose. Other than, possibly, his mind.

User Image
☩Baldur ☩

It was obvious the specter was hiding something, one didn't live as long Baldur had and not be able to read body language. Although, the young godling seemed almost nervous, though his questioning of whether or not Baldur would take his made the god snort.

" i am not others specter, nor am i afraid. Take me to this mead"

With those words of bravado the large man held out his hand, genuinely unafraid of what was to come. Of course, he wondered if he was still a god in this time. In his time those with great power were called gods, though they weren't. The title however had gone to certain heads and resulted in the events that lead to his "death". For the first time a hint of the sorrow he felt that his brethren were dead reached his.

(sorry for crappy post)

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Test Number 85

Phantom nodded, and took the man's hand. Firm grip, like a handshake, but their was a tenseness in the fingers that showed it was different. "Phantom will count down from three. On one, expel all the air from your lungs... chest. Don't hold your breath, that could be bad." Phantom closed his eyes and mentally prepared himself, though this appeared simply as a moment of silence to others. The very first time Phantom teleported someone, they held their breath. On the other side, their lungs where half-way pull from their mouths. Luckily, he had been taking the individual to a hospital, and they survived the experience."Three... Two... One..."

To others, it was like a puff of smoke, swirling, and the two of them were gone. To Baldur, if he chose to look, he would see distortions, apparitions in the distance, like planets, but shaped differently, colliding, and fusing instead of obliterating each other. He would feel the cold of emptiness, feel no motion, but be able to see he was indeed moving. Before him, an Image of Test overlayed a creature that was completely alien, moving through this void with a grace that seemed abnormal. And then, having only been in this void for seconds, the two of them were in Test's slightly small efficiency apartment.

The boy stood before the man, Test, without shadows swirling him. He quickly moved to the fridge, pulled out one of the bottled meads, which were bottled like beer, popped the cap, and handed it to the new guest.

User Image
☩Baldur ☩

Of course looked around as they sped, though only for a few seconds. When they arrived he noted the boy in front of hims and smiled deeply. It surprised, but also made him proud in a way. Though now that were away from the prying eyes of plebs he had more questions. With a grateful nod he grabbed the mead and slipped lowly. It was good, more refined then he had ever had, but good nonetheless.

"It does my eyes good to see so young a man take up the mantle of protector. But tell me, how fares this world? what evil doth lurk beneath this cities azure exterior?"

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Test Number 85

-~-{[( Test Drinks Mead With a New Friend )]}-~-

Test looked at him a little oddly, his expression and concern now showing. The furniture in Test's apartment could be counted in a small amount. He had a couch opposite the kitchen area, next to the door. Against the wall parallel to the couch was a small bed, with no sheets, just the comforter, pillow, mattress, and frame. Rain popped against the dark window to the outside world, above the bed. Between the couch and the door was a half organized pile of books.

"Things are complicated here. This one doesn't really understand them. However..." Test walked over to the pile, rummaging through bent spines and damaged covers, further disorganizing, until he pulled out a dictionary. He handed it to the man. "They, this one included, don't talk how you do. Doth doesn't get used. Glance through this, and Test will help you where he can... This one is Test, by the way. Test Number Eighty-Five." Test stuck out his hand for a handshake.

He then continued.
"The world is... Nexus isn't good. There are people who inflict harm on others, for various reasons. The police officers do what they can, but gangs are getting bigger, imports are becoming increasingly illegal, crime has slowly been rising, and Supers have been popping up more and more. Every time a Super attacks, does damage, kills an innocent... You can see it in peoples faces, they look at Phantom with less and less admiration, and more fear, more... hatred. It is the people this one fears, sir. They have exterminated those like this one before, and he feels they may be rearing to do it again soon, if things get worse."
Vincent stumbled out of a bar, swaying slightly from side to side, before steadying himself against the wall. He groped inside jacket pockets until he found both his pack of cigarettes and his lighter. He opened the pack and took out his last cigarette; which was looking rather crumpled, and lit it, before taking a long, slow drag. A police siren wailed on the distance,followed by one after another until it seemed every cop in the district was on the case. It was probably another super on the loose, creating hell for everyone, the public, the cops, and especially the other supers who would suffer in the public eye for the hell one maniac was causing.

It's a bad time to be a super...Vincent mused. Hell. It's just a bad time to be alive in general. He began to leisurely stroll down the side walk, vaguely headed in the direction of his office/apartment. It was cheaper to work out of his home, not that he was doing much working these days. Vincent sighed before taking another drag. Things were so much simpler when the supers had just stayed out of sight. Everything was black and white back then, he was a good guy, he went out and caught the bad guys. Now it was all a confused jumble, varying shades of grey wherever he looked.Especially now that he was a super himself.

Not that his powers were very super. He sighed again. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. If he had to get stuck with powers, why did he have to get such lame ones? It's not like he could fly or turn invisible. Turning invisible... Now there was a power he could get into. Vincent continued to slowly amble down the sidewalk, lost in his slightly lecherous day dream.

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
Xavier stood around, the rain trickling slowly out of existence. He stepped in one puddle, then another, entertaining himself. His brain was roaring, like a huge-a** engine, churning all this information. In a way, he missed Power City, his most recent home, before Nexus. It had been so much fun to conquer, so many political string to tug, so many ways it could go wrong. It had been filled to the brim with variables, and he absolutely loved how quickly it could have gone wrong. Nexus, on the other hand, was different. The Supers held the cards here. The mayor struggled to react to them. He was not a player, and he knew it, and that's why Xavier had him in his pocket now. The DA, Police Chief, Justice of the Peace, Nexus Legislature... None of them could turn down the price Xavier asked for the promises he made. They had no power, because the City herself had it. Nexus was unique because the very beings that lived inside of her were her conscious, her source of decision. Xavier knew that the moment he saw the massacre on the television, whenever he saw what the people of Nexus were willing to do to get rid of what they felt hurt them.

So, here Xavier was, thinking, plotting, planning his next move, while his dress shoes got soaked in water, and ripped sports coat was splotched black from the rain. He needed allies. No, those people he had in his pocket were not allies, they were weak, but essential. The police had influence, the mayor a voice. That's what Xavier wanted. His influence was in the people now, that made them essential. But weak. They themselves were not important, and though he promised the mayor a city that he would have control of, a city that was tamed for him, ensured him a place at the top of Nexus until the day he decided to retire, he would surely replace the man once the time came for it. The man was not important.

So, Allies. Supers. He needed someone with the right motive. And, of course, Xavier had already done his research, had his 'people' go searching through the public records, see what could be picked up. However, the only truly useful information he got came from the horse's mouth. Well, the Police Chief's mouth. That's why he was stepping in puddles outside of an apartment building, waiting for the Private Investigator to get home.

He needed to see if this man was the right fit, this ex-cop. Oh, how he wanted him to be. Mr. Adair wanted someone to be his equal in this venture, not a tool to be pocketed or thrown out. He wanted an aid, an ally, someone who would have reason to help. Someone who would help control once Xavier moved on to a new power conquest. That was thinking a while ahead, of course. Xavier eventually got bored with the water, and sat back against the door. He pulled out his cell phone and began playing angry birds, another distraction, whilst his mind continued to roar like an engine.
Vincent quickly crossed the street, tripping slightly as his foot caught the barest edge of the sidewalk. He was less than a block away from his apartment now and began to rummage through his pockets, looking for his keys. He was still searching as he was approaching his door, so he didn't notice the sharply dressed man until he was almost on top of him. He stopped in his tracks, cigarette dangling from his lip with with comical surprise.

"Hey, sorry about that..." He said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "If you wouldn't mind... Could I get through there? That's my office door..." Suddenly Vince's features lit up. "Oh, are you here for a job? Is there something I can do for you?" There was a desperate and hungry look in his eyes. Vince was far from living comfortably and he needed any job he could get.

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
Xavier looked up at the man, cigarette hanging in his lips, and smiled like he thought it was hilarious. Xavier let out a few harsh chuckles, getting to his feet. Mr. Adair thought it hilarious, how detectives, PIs, and any variation of the same thing, loved nicotine. Xavier stuck out his left hand for a shake. He knew it was improper to shake with his left, which is exactly why he did it. Such a gesture summarized Xavier's entire being.

"Mr. Vincent, I have a business proposition for you. I understand you're on hard times," No research was required for Xavier to come to such a conclusion. Between Vince's excitedness at the idea of Xavier being a customer, and the state of the apartments Vince lived in, it was clear what sort of economic position he was in. "I am Xavier. I represent... Myself. I'd like to discuss your talents and skills, if you wouldn't mind."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff