Welcome to Gaia! ::

enjoy your stay~!

thanks! :D 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 9 ]
-runs like the wind- NOOOOO! OAO; 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
-crawls into thread, steals poll gold, and escapes through air vent.- 0.52380952380952 52.4% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Fluffy Friend

14,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
User Image

Esty Moonflower

As the bar got more crowded and rowdy, Esty remained oblivious to it all. She was too busy savoring the sweet spices and rich ice cream of her apple pie. A slight flush stained her pale complexion. She had already finished her second glass of beer, and was beginning to feel the familiar warm, fuzzy feeling she got when drinking the substance. Esty was a regular at Twin Bottle Pub and Inn, you could say.

Eyes drooping slightly, but still somewhat alert, she heard the faint cheering of people as someone declared that there were free drinks for everyone. Pulling her cape-like shawl closer to her form, she let out a dreamy sigh. Gorden looked over to her and smiled, "Might wanna stop at two tonight, lass.." he suggested, eyes crinkling with another smile on his slightly aged face. Esty nodded slowly, "I'm usually able to hold on longer..strange isn't it?" she mumbled, not making eye contact.

Resting her elbow on the table and placing her head into her empty palm, Esty observed the people who came and went, their figures slightly blurred. It seemed busier than normal this evening.

Aigavlov x's Bride

Lavish Flatterer

11,825 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image Eclipse's ears perked up at hearing a girl make a sound of delight before drinking down a strong alcohol and raised an eyebrow and then watched as two males talked and she couldn't help but listen to the bit of their conversation with a bit of interest after hearing one introduce themself and then ask about the other one who was apparently a wandering witch why he was doing what he was doing. She then took a bite out of the meat she had almost forgotten and took a swig of her drink.

Timid Gaian

Freestyle Dolphin

Gavyn had heard of Eldritch Abominations. He wasn't quite sure he would consider one a god, but then again, Gavyn had little faith in things like gods. Also, though Gavyn had heard of Eldritch Abominations, the general public (which included himself) knew very little about them. The most he knew was, though they were clumped under the same category, it was his understanding that no two were alike. They had no commonality between them. That's what made them so special, they were perfectly unique. Another oddity about them was, where as you could trace back each being to a beginning, Eldritch Abominations honestly had no beginning. They just are, was, and (probably) always will be. As Gavyn thought more and more about it, he simply accepted that, yes, Nepshey could call himself a god. There was a very likely chance he was one.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Nepshey." Gavyn spoke in a friendly manner. "And thank you, for the compliment. I suppose they are as common as a blue moon when coming from you."

The next question didn't take Gavyn aback, but it did give him something to think about. Why a wanderer? A simple answer would be: Why not? But, he figured, Nepshey would probably want a better answer than that. Honestly, Gavyn had never questioned it himself. He hadn't had some great revelation or had even been forced to be a wanderer, he just decided one day he didn't want to stay in the same place. Besides, he didn't have many close friends and his siblings were busy with their own lives. He visited them, every so often. He had an obligation as an uncle to visit his nephews and nieces to make sure they had succumbed to the boredom of every day life. Someone had to bring them tales of other places.

"I suppose...I grew tired of living, day after day, in the same land, seeing the same places and the same faces everyday. I wasn't content with it so I decided that I did not have to stay, so I left. I don't stay in many places for too long; for the most part I stay in an area from as little as a few days to as long as a few months. But after a while, the same feeling of familiarity and boredom creep up on me, so I leave. It isn't so bad and I manage to make a living hopping from place to place. It's not a very stylish life, but, it suits me. I mean, if I were not a wanderer, would I have met you? Absolutely not. And who else could say, with confidence and truth, that they have met an Eldritch Abomination, or a God? Very few. So, it is for things such as these that I am a wanderer."

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Risyh meva pmuusc ymm ujan
Yht pmekrdc mega y vmufan
Nepshey only hummed in response, narrowing his eyes at Gavyn acknowledging the 'compliment' "You're merely slightly better than the common squabble. You don't compare to some of the beings I've met" he said proudly, crossing his arms and looking to the side. His attitude dropped somewhat at hearing the man's reasoning for traveling so much. "... I see. I guess I understand it. When all worlds first came into being, I had decided it would be worth it to travel them. See the new "Friends" in existence- play nice with the neighbors. I was such a coward back then" he scowled at the memory of the him that had only first started incarnating, the sheepish and scared little thing who was so mild mannered and soft spoken. Few believed he used to have such a soft disposition.

He seemed proud over the fact the man considered meeting him a lucky thing. Like he was proud of the witch for recognizing what an honour it was. Most did not share the view that their life was improved after meeting Nepshey. "Lucky you, to have beings in existence higher than yourself. I've yet to meet anything that impressed me. Closest thing that came to it was a Djinn in a very sandy world. I don't believe we were on good terms, but she let me use her bath, soooo" he waved his hand absentmindedly, seemingly recalling some interesting memories from that life, as his face had twisted into a Picasso painting of expressions.
Human life blooms all over
And blights like a flower
Temtesvets at hezyen shely
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Graphics made by Harry_Break_Free

Timid Gaian

Freestyle Dolphin

Gavyn chuckled at the mention of the Djinn and Nepshey's experience with it. He himself had never met a Djinn, but he was starting to recall some of his more memorable experiences wandering through the lands. One had involved a water nymph, a goat, and a mix up of clothing. Sadly, that tale was for another day.

It almost surprised Gavyn. He hadn't really meant to be friendly with Nepshey, but at that moment he was enjoying himself quite thoroughly. Of course he still thought that Nepshey was stuck up and pompous, but it didn't bother him as it would on any other occasion. Personally, he blamed the alcohol.

"Well, I can't say I've ever met a Djinn. The most fantastic thing I think I've encountered was a rather dominating and short tempered vampire. Took me a month to finally escape him and a much longer time to get him off my trail. At times, I guess I miss him, but memories keep me content for now, lucky me. It would be quite a shame to be drained of all my blood. Such a waste of a witch, I must say."

It piqued Gavyn's interest at the fact that nothing seemed to impress or surprise Nepshey. Sure, he was old as dirt, but Gavyn would think it could get boring being in such unsurprise. Give Gavyn mortality any day if living forever meant being bored with everything.

"Maybe I should go visit the dry lands, see if I can find a Djinn myself. And if not, at least I will have met some interesting creature on the way. That always seems to happen when you travel. You always seem to meet someone you've never met anywhere else. Maybe not you. Creatures as old as you, you've probably seen everything twice over."

Dangerous Guildsman

6,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
Name: Nathaniel Stein
Race: Human (Digi-tamer)
Personality: Shy, Timid. Kind
Appearance: User Image

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Nepshey looked down at recalling the odd being he'd met in the sandy deserts, blinking once. "She was certainly interesting. She fell asleep on me once. It was... Horrible" he took a moment to consider his wording, and while his words expressed disdain, his tone did not. In fact, his tone was rather blank, save for flecks of something unreadable. Admiration, perhaps? Fondness? It was hard to tell. "Hm? Yours was like that, too? Vampires all seem the same to me. I let one bed me once just to see how it was. He was horribly rough and left far too many bites. I think at one point he tried to drain me dry, but" he said, stopping to let out a dry laugh. With how he'd designed himself, most injuries sustained healed themselves instantly. This included blood loss.

"Humm, I'd take you, but I'm not really inclined to do so. That, and I don't even know how. Transporting myself is one thing- transporting fledglings is relatively the same thing. Something not in the family? Whoooole other story" he said, making a few hand gestures to accentuate his point. He made an odd face at the suggestion he'd seen everything twice- like agreement and disagreement. "Honestly, I thought I'd seen it all, but Yeph has recently been pestering me into exploring worlds I never intended to touch. Hence my presence here. I suppose had I not humoured her, I would have never met the Djinn, so...." he trailed off, looking like he had more to comment on, but deciding better of it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Timid Gaian

Freestyle Dolphin

Gavyn laughed at the mention of Nepshey's experience with a vampire, reminding Gavyn very much of his own experience. It hadn't been altogether horrible, but he could have done without a great majority of it. He licked his lips and ran a hand through his hair before chuckling at his own memories, mentally comparing them to the tales that Nepshey had shared so far.

"I think all vampires are pretty rough when it comes to things like that. Some kind of adrenaline or something making them so pumped up. Either way, I learned that you can't take them anywhere. It's absolutely horrible when one gets attached to you, the get so clingy and jealous. I mean mine actually refused to let me leave his residence for a week because he thought I had been flirting with a striking older woman we met in the market place. I mean, I was, but he over reacted completely." Gavyn finished his sentence with a flourish of hand movements and laughter. Though at the time he had begun to become frightened by the vampire, it was now very funny and made for riveting stories for anyone interested enough to listen.

Gavyn sank an elbow on the table as Nepshey spoke about the witchling he had travelling with him and for the first time seeming a little less pompous and a little more...human? Gavyn would never go that far, because Nepshey was far from human so far as Gavyn was concerned. But, there was a noticeable difference.

"Well, here's to wandering then." Gavyn said, as though for a toast, though he had already drained his drink and Nepshey was lacking one. But, Gavyn figured Nepshey would understand anyways.

"This does lead to a question I have been wondering for a bit. If it's not too intrusive - please stop me if it is - but what's the story behind you and the girl? The two of you don't seem related at all. How did you two come to know each other?"

Dangerous Guildsman

6,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
┣▇▇▇═─ Nathaniel ◥▲◤ Stein ─═▇▇▇┦

▂▃▅▆█ Im not just any Digi-tamer! I am the best!█▆▅▃▂

׺°”˜`”°º× ׺°”˜`”°º×

【Nathaniel sat in his empty room within the inn. Since coming here he had left his room but once, that was only to explore. For the most part he remained sheltered within his small room playing with two small, odd looking creatures. One was ovalish, all covered in hair and purple. The other looked like it was made from putty, all pink with two long antenna's protruding from the top of its head. The purple one sat there happily eating while Nathan talked with the other. 】

׺°”˜`”°º× ׺°”˜`”°º×

▂▃▅▆█ Let's see who can stand up to my friends! Digimon digivolve! █▆▅▃▂

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Nepshey made a face at hearing Gavyn's adventures with his vampire. "I prefer gentle treatment. Rough can be fun but it leaves disgusting marks on my vessel" he said, placing his hand to his own cheek, clearly caring about the appearance of his body a great deal. "Clingy is right. I specifically told him that it was a no strings attached relationship should he get into it with me, yet shortly after we began our rendezvous he began bombarding me with notions of love and affection and settling down and what not" Nepshey cringed, though, as usual, something unreadable remained in his expression. He was convinced he wasn't capable of feeling such things, or even carbon copies. Perhaps that saddened him. Perhaps he reveled in the immunity. It was hard to tell.

He gave a contemplative look to the man's empty cup, blinking before sighing, letting his head roll to his shoulder to stare at some abstract corner as he raised his hand, lightly flicking the cup. That was a toast to him, apparently. His attitude changed from begrudging to... Unfriendly. Downright unfriendly. "Her name is Yeph. She is like me. She's one of the few others I communed with in the Furthest Ring. Unfortunately, she often pesters me to go on horrid adventures, or gamble with Cthulhu, who is a cheating little b*****d" he looked like he was prepared to get into a heated rant about Cthulhu, but shook his head instead, "But I digress. I don't actually remember how we met. It might have been a fight. It's very likely considering how often she threatens to fight me for twenty billion years" he didn't seem to be exaggerating on the time period, and wasn't phased in the slightest by it. To him, it was but a fraction of time.

((Sorry for the slow reply, I had a busy day. DX ))

Daniel Soriano

User Image

The old man looked up to see a cowgirl serving him a drink without even uttering a word to her. This was shaping up to be a potentially fun night."Why thank you kindly young lady!" The old man exclaimed. He picked up the drink and brought it up. "To answer your question I've come quite a ways actually... Just came and stopped for a drink is all." He answered. Pretty plain for an old man, I mean how far can a long ways be for an old geezer like him be? He certainly doesn't look like he'd be at the age of walking five miles, uphill both ways, bare foot in the snow, while carrying a sack of potatoes to Old Lady Peterson for a nickel. No he seemed maybe like a block or two away. But then again it never hurts to ask. "My name's Daniel. what about yourself?" He asked downing his drink in one go. The glass came down with a slight thud on the table.

"Thank you kindly.
"

yohane_bonaventura

Timid Gaian

Freestyle Dolphin

Gavyn gave a full hearted laugh because of Nepshey's vampire. The poor vampire didn't have a chance with Nepshey, any fool could see that, except perhaps a love-struck fool. It made Gavyn think more of past, heated nights and short-lived romances. As Nepshey, Gavyn had never been looking for any sort of long-term affair, it just didn't suit him. Witches lived a long time, not as long ans Nepshey, of course, but much longer than humans and some other creatures. At that moment, Gavyn's interest piqued when Nepshey's attitude changed as he began to talk about the girl who traveled with him, Yeph.

"Oh, so that's your story. She's another Eldritch Abomination, like yourself? Interesting." Gavyn spoke, glancing back and forth between Nepshey and Yeph. It was another moment before he spoke again. "Wait, you didn't cheat back? I mean I agree with honor and all, but if I can tell other card players are cheating as well, and I know they won't own up to it, well I give myself an edge as well. Might as well not lose my bet because some b*****d's cheating. It's only fair. I don't know who Cthulhu is, but come on."

Gavyn had sat up straight during this portion of the conversation. If there was anything in world he was passionate about, it was his card games. He was damned serious, if he knew the other players were cheating, he wouldn't hesitate to use his own magic to his advantage. You may say that it was a petty thing for a witch to do, but he honestly couldn't care less about your opinion, so piss off.

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Nepshey actually shared a smirk when Gavyn laughed. The vampire had definitely been entertaining in retrospect. Honestly, he hadn't yet met someone worthy of being an actual lover. He'd sleep with just about anything if he thought it'd be good, but an actual lover? He simply couldn't understand it. "A smaller one, yes. When she's bored she looks for unfaithful men and eats their hearts" he said, smirking again since Yeph was currently enamored with another man who had no idea how he'd just ******** up. He looked somewhat surprised at Gavyn's enthusiasm over card games.

"I've tried to cheat with him before. It turns into a fight. and not the kind of fight with Yeph. Few things can put actual mental strain on me, but keeping up with him in a game of cheating is just. . ." he looked somewhat.... Disturbed at the memory. "Not to mention he won anyway. I should be grateful that he only bothers to bet with me when Yeph's asked him to. and that isn't often. He prefers to play with... I don't remember his name. We only spoke once. slimy b*****d, though. Quite literally. Probably cheats as much as Cthulhu" he said, cringing a bit.

Timid Gaian

Freestyle Dolphin

Gavyn grinned, taking another look at the girl and shaking his head lightly, with some look of slight disbelief in his eyes. He honestly would have never thought, but then again, you should never assume, especially when it came to women. He silently paid his respects to the man she was currently circling. I guess that's what you get when you delve in sin, though Gavyn couldn't judge too harshly. It was a daily occurrence for him.

"Sounds like a healthy diet." he murmured before finally looking away from Yeph and looking back at Nepshey. "Yeph sounds pretty violent. You never would guess it at first. I guess that's to her advantage though, isn't it?" asked, though it leaned more to statement than question.

"Sounds like others like you are into the whole cheating thing. I guess it's not just us mortals who do it, then."

At that moment, Gavyn reached into his jacket's pocket and then reached over to the other side into another pocket. "I know I have it here...somewhere." He continued searching his pockets until an "Ah ha!" escaped his lips and he pulled out a worn, though still legible and usable, deck of cards. He held them up, waving them slightly, a grin adorning his face.

"What say you, good clean game? Swear I won't cheat. You can even pick the game, I know most of them. I learn quick too, if there's a game that I don't know."

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
"It gives her hope in worlds. It's not very fun on the other end of the stick, though. Especially when you stay alive to see it" he said, making a cringe, backing up that he was speaking from experience. Knowing her, She probably expected him to stick to one person a world, and when he didn't... There were reasons why Nepshey was lacking organs. A story behind the absence of each one. "To mortals, she would be. To us, she's merely eccentric. We can hardly be wounded in our true forms, so if she did fight, it'd be more like... Kittens wrestling. I've only seen two Abominations injure each other once, and I still don't know what happened to one" he wasn't sure if that Abomination died or not, but it really made him question what happened if fights got too heated. "If you saw her true form, there'd be nothing surprising about her behavior. She's ugly as hell" he scoffed, musing to himself, maybe, but speaking the last bit loud enough for her to hear, only earning a distracted "Not as ugly as you, Neppy!" in return, scowling at the nickname.

"Did you thik the rush of doing something you shouldn't was exclusive to you mortals? Yeph says we're not that different mentally. She's right on some things, but she doesn't quite factor in some of the... Darker ones" he said, making it hard to tell if he was referring to himself. "She thinks I'm one of the most human out of all of us" he said, disdain written across his face, and practically dripping from his tone. His hate fest, however, was interrupted at the man searching for something, a thoroughly uninterested expression. He perked up slightly at seeing the cards, tilting his head, "Ah... You humans play with flimsy things like that, I forgot. . ." he mumbled, contemplating it for a moment before sighing, giving a small shrug. "Fine, but I don't know how to play any of the games. Yeph taught me one, once, but apparently it's not an acceptable game. Only for children or something. Figures she'd be interested in something so small" he scoffed, looking to Yeph for a moment before refocusing on Gavyn, "So you'll have to teach me the games" he didn't seem particularly put out to be learning something, from a human no less. Rather, he seemed peacefully accepting of the whole thing. Maybe he actually wanted to know how to play something other than Go Fish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces