x
    x
    it is one thing to ɧ є α я about dragons,
    but another matter e n t i r e l y to ɱ є є ʈ xʈ н є ɱ

xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx

xxno, тнere aιn'т no reѕт ғor тнe wιcĸed...
                                                      ╔═════════════════════════════════

"Will Leena and I be working together? The trip will always be safer with a wing-woman..." Iza glared directly at the young woman's voice, cracking her right knuckles without the use of her other hand. She realized this would be the last time she would be able to do so today, though decided it would be worth it if the action scared her sister or even just made her leave. "My condolences, Little Sparrow, on the tragic event of your hearing loss," she said in a low, threatening tone as the Russian woman walked over to her. "You seemed to have misplaced your ears, for this is the second time I have required repeating orders to you." She paused for a moment, listening to the silence of the room, and found her sister's breathing just a little to her left and below her. Iza grabbed the girl's ear and pulled up, causing Melina to be close to her face so their noses were almost touching. "I would find it most unfortunate for you to lose one of your senses," she hissed, staring directly into her sister's face, neglecting to let go of the ear. "Though it is completely your decision if you wish to ever hear again, for I would have little difficulty in slicing away your ears." She gripped tighter. "When I say you will leave now, then you will leave. If I see fit for Leena to follow you, then that is my decision, NOT yours." Iza uncaringly released the hold on her sister.

"As the leader of this guild I cannot waste time on members who refuse to listen. The swifter members comply to my orders, the swifter the Dragon-Eyed rise again," she continued. "Everyone has their role for a reason. Brett, the messenger before you, was chosen for his position for his quick thinking, extensive knowledge of the map of our city, and ability to communicate exactly what needs to be translated. Bryn, the Second-In-Command, is valued for her reasoning, loyalty to the guild, combat skills, ability with words, and other useful talents. I have chosen these people for these roles because I like to maximize people's abilities. I did not, however, choose you to be an officer, did I?" she snapped. "So if I ever wish to hear your opinion on how this guild should be run, you will know." Iza walked back over to Bryn, motioning for Leena to join. "I will send a different member to guard you, as I have other plans for Leena. Now, Little Sparrow, you will do as I originally asked and leave!" Brett, the messenger, quickly understood the comment and ran to fetch an available guard to aid Melina in her journey.

Not wanting to waste any more time on the little sister, the blind woman now spoke in a calmer, more business-like tone. "Bryn and Leena," she addressed, "this newcomer that has luckily stumbled into the claws of the Dragon-Eyed has useful skills that will be beneficial to us. She must be treated well for the time being, though she does not rank above you: If she misbehaves, teach her the consequences. Leena, she is being kept in the unused conference room in the back. I want you to keep a close eye on her personally in addition to the two guards already outside of her door; if you need anything, a messenger will be at your service. Second-In-Command, please follow me." The please was a foreign word coming from Iza's lips, though when speaking to her right-hand woman - the only person she seemed to have respect for - this was not a complete surprise.

═════════════════════════════════╝
                                                      ...υnтιl we cloѕe oυr eyeѕ ғor good.xx

xxxxxxxxζeader of the ʠragon-єyed
                                                      xxxxxxxxɭocation: the main backroom of the Mended Drum
                                                      xxxxxxxxϣith: Bryn, Mel, and a messenger of the Dragon-Eyed
                                                      xxxxxxxxѺѺʗ:

gataki91
dontmylistme
Fabled Rhythm
User Image

--- Samuel Walker ---
Shades of Time Member
Beyond this place of wrath and tears,
Looms but the horror of the shade,

Sam nodded his head listening to Skye. Eyes scanning loosely around the crowd of the streets. Average day, only with the occasional murmur of the events of the previous day. Something of this scale wasn't exactly an every day occurrence.

"A drink or two never hurt anyone." Sam said with a smirk. He made the joke to lighten the thoughts on apology. Wondering what had taken place between them but, Sam kept the thoughts to himself. Knowing that it wasn't any of his concern as to what had happened to them privately. "And besides I'm sure he'll be back around headquarters soon, no worries." He gave an assuring smile.

But with a 'Thanks' and a farewell, Skye was off, "Anytime," Sam called back to her as she stepped ahead. "I'll see you around." He said with a wave and a smile. Feeling the breeze push past him and into her, as she propelled her way up the wall. Must be nice to have the extra boost He thought jokingly to himself. Lowering his wave he changed his direction to head back towards the headquarters. The idea of a nap arguing with that of returning to the bar for another drink pulling him apart. Both sounding of priority at the moment.

Only a couple minutes of walking and Sam was back at the bar. One drink turned into three within a matter of a couple conversations with a few of the other patrons. Before too long Sam had begun to lose count. Standing and giving the men he was drinking with a large grin, he threw the last of the coins he had on his person onto the table. With a couple stumbling steps, and one last farewell to his drinking buddies, Sam was back on the street heading for the sewers. A simple whistle and carefree stare he marched with a few moments of lost balance along the way.

And yet the menace of the years,
Find and shall find me, unafraid.

Rue S Cross's Datemate

Wheezing Waffles

4,725 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.
User Image
You found hope in hopeless
Your made crazy sane
You became the missing link
That helped me break my chains

User Image

Mr. Bones disappointment at the two ladies' departure was evident on his face, reminiscent of a kicked puppy. He gave a nod before he pulled Leena's mug to him. "I hope to see you two fine ladies again, don't work too hard." He said with a small smile and a wink at Leena, before he gave Bryn a small wave. "Until next time, ladies, until next time..." He said, and downed the rest of Leena's mead before he stood. "Celestial, weren't they?" He commented to another bone at his waist. "By the Gods, Jorra, I wish you were alive to see them. You'd have had them in your bed in twenty minutes." Chuckling to himself, he exited the tavern, and an audible sigh of relief was given after the doors had shut behind him. All the residents could relax as the massive necromancer retreated back to his home.

The mist of the Slums was welcoming, and even if others saw it as the physical despair of Riverton's poorest district, it was all he had ever known. Finding his way into the overcrowded cemetery, he stepped down into an old tomb, his heavy footfalls echoing off the worn steps. Taking out a large key, he placed into the keyhole and with a groan like a dying man, the huge metal gate opened to reveal the entrance to the crypts. Without lighting a torch nor any other source of light, Mr. Bones descended into the darkness.

"Friends, I'm hooooome!" He called happily as he disappeared into his home, sweet home.

User Image
Leon Glacias

With: Maya
Health:80% concussed
Where: The Royal Blow
((OOC: ))
I only steal what I can't afford...

Leon froze when he heard the door crack open a bit. It was probably Maya, and then he felt her arms around him. Normally he would have blushed and freaked out but at the moment that wasn't his biggest worry. He just leaned into her embrace a little, unable to stop crying. He didn't want her to leave, he was tired of losing people.

"I should have been able to do something. I just ran away scared. I don't wanna lose you, you are my only family left." He said between sobs. One arm reached back and placed his hand over hers. "I almost died." He choked out. Would his parents hate him now? Knowing what he had become?

"I'm a dissapointment to them. They'd probably hate me if they could see me today." He confessed. He just curled up tighter, drowning in self hatred. "Sorry. I'm so sorry." He repeated over and over.

...and that's everything.

Blessed Hunter

6,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJ U D G M E N T ,..H A S..C O M E .

Tyvis listened intently to Elianna’s words and rode along the road, his face stoic yet hidden behind the steel plate that protected it. While he did nothing to show any sign of interest in her story, in truth, he knew it all too well. The incident involving her father’s murder was one of the sparks a younger Tyvis had taken before joining into the King’s army and using his prowess for lawbringing and strategy to the borderlands. Lawlessness was unacceptable, the unfulfillment of justice for a murder to someone close to his family was even more egregious of an offense.

“Lord Dante has many things he needs to worry about, that much I’m sure. I have no doubt your happiness weighs heavily on his shoulders,” A lie that Tyvis knew was part of noble life. Happiness was secondary to the needs of the family, and right now, Elianna’s brother needed Elianna’s union with another family to secure influence and perhaps coin. “As for duty, that much I can agree with you on. I follow my calling to raise my spear against heresy and chaos in the name of the King as much as you raise your sword for justice. Duty is undoubtably important, but do not forget that our families can call upon our duty to them even more easily than the king calls our duty to him and the kingdom.” The fact that both his own father and brother were asking about his own need to marry was proof enough of that. Though, it was not something he would bring to Elianna’s attention.

Imperius reared up on his hind legs as a small boy rushed in front of his warhorse and was very nearly trampled by the massive hoofs. Both legs came stomping down into the mud as Tyvis stared down the boy. The young boy froze where he stood and he shook in fear. “Y-You’re a Lancaster? A-Are you the Judge Knight?” The armored man stared down with deathly intent, his eyes transfixed upon the dirty little boy before nodding. “That I am, child. You had best get on your way or do you wish for me to deliver judgment upon you?” The boy’s eyes widened and he ran screaming from them.

“Tell me, Elianna,” Lord Tyvis began as he swiveled his head back to Elianna. “What forces oppose you here in Riverton? I do not believe I have sufficient knowledge of this place to effectively do my work.”

Under the Banner of Justice We Shall Overcome All

Marshu's Wife

Heart Sentai

User Image

It hadn't even been half an hour since she arrived and already she was fighting a guard! A new record! Even when distracted by her own train of thoughts she remained focused on the battle she had started. The sound of her blade clashing against his shield nearly brought shivers throughout her entire body as a rush of thrill swept over her. The only thing that actually surprised her for a brief moment was the fact she had caught sight of a momentarily red hue that flashed around him. What the hell was that? For now it didn't seem like whatever it was was a threat to her. The guard used his shield as a weapon itself as he caused the assassin to launch herself back with a flip to dodge the counter attack. "My, my, my~ You're an interesting one." Her voice was playful as ever.

”My name is Meriwether Cinders, Third High Knight of the High Guard.” He was a high Knight? Well things were getting more interesting by the minute! Being polite enough to allow the man to speak Saph merely stood there as he continued to let him have his moment to speak. ”For assault on a member of the guard, I have permissions as ordered by the King himself to arrest you. Lay down your blade ma’am, and come quietly.”

Permission from the King, aye? His words only brought a wider grin to her face as crimson strands of hair brushed against her pale cheeks. "As fun as that sounds, I can't allow you to do that," Once again her blade was directed to the Third High Knight named Meriwether. "I only lay down my blade when I want. My sword. My rules." Chuckling softly Saph was really appreciating this guy, he was amusing her to no end. Taking several strides toward Meriwether she began to advance closer to the Knight as her blade remained pointed straight at him. "I know you're just doing your job and all.. But I need to start doing mine which means I really must finish my business with you so that my name can get out." With that being said Saph lunged toward the Knight once more as her sword swung diagonally toward his upper abdomen only to be a distraction as Saph dropped to the ground to do a quick leg sweep under the Knight in hopes to quickly gain the upper hand in this little brawl.

Becoming more relentless the woman refused to cease her violent actions toward the High Knight as she'd continue to thrust her blade toward any open areas on his body that wasn't hidden behind his large shield. If she didn't end things quickly then she'd have to start fighting dirty.

Company: Meriwether.
Thoughts: I really should get me one of those shields.
OOC: Damn you Meriwether being all polite and honorable.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Location: Delirious --& Superwasted --& Wasted --& Sober||Damn

Best or not, if there was going to be any fixing that involved Dawyn walking then the god would just have to carry him because there was no way the Shade leader would be moving on his own two feet anytime soon. The man was like a puppet as the god proceeded to arrange his body. Aside from the occasional grunt or hiss, Dawyn remained silent and unbothered when Chroniel began his administrations. "Not like I had a choice in the matter", he murmured softly, eyes closed in the splitting image of someone sleeping. When a god spoke that formally, especially when that God was Chroniel, it was usually a smart thing to listen and Dawyn was not yet far gone to be considered retarded. His stillness belied his attention. Accelerate himself relative to the time stream? That one would take some thinking to completely make sense. His brows furrowed as he contemplated this. He cracked his eyes open to watch the god guide his hand to his wound. "I get the feeling by tingle you mean hurt" Dawyn's eyes closed again and focused his attention on the spot where Chroniel's hand was. His previous powers only required understanding rather than control. What happened, happened and his only role was to initiate and end, see and understand, but never control. This was very different to both, a precise control of time. The tingle was more than just a tingle as flesh began to knit itself back together. An injury that should have taken months, the pain that would follow, everything condensed into a minute.

Dawyn did not immediately react to the god nor look at the end result. He focused on holding the sensation in his head, memorizing it; it was bending time to his will but not in a manner that went against the design of time. He doubted Chroniel would give him enough power to bend time that drastically. "Of course you do" Dawyn gripped his other arm and sped the healing. He faltered several times and took much longer than the god did to heal his stomach but after two minutes stared at the now healed arm. The scar was more pronounced here, like a wound that was not allowed to heal properly. Still, it was an improvement. He was feeling much better. Dawyn got to his feet and swayed for a moment. The man felt oddly stiff. "No questions that won't be answered in time" Proud of the witty comment, Dawyn flashed the god a grin. The shade turned to look out over the sprawling city. "I can tell something is coming. We, Ros and I, upset the balance all those years ago but then we had the raw force to keep everything together. The gears are moving. Whether by misguided confidence or long laid plans, Riverton is on the brink of change. And I plan on being a player, not played" Dawyn's grin grew wider as he turned to the god.

Dawyn had shaken loose the shackles of wavering leader. Ros would do what he would do and he would have to be patient with his friend. He couldn't afford to waste all his resources on chasing the bothersome red head, not with everything happening. This was his initial mistake. They would meet eventually. He knew what Ros wanted now that the stupid veil was lifted from his eyes. A part of Dawyn was still bothered. Pieces had fallen into place but dislodged others in the process, one thing in particular. "Riverton's underworld is mine. It's time to make it official." Dawyn held his hand out to the god. "A pleasure as always old man. I'd love to talk more but i have this feeling you have plenty to influence. If you see Ros, call him a piece of s**t for me won't you? Also, thanks for what you're about to do" If the god had any inclinations of what Dawyn was about to do, Dawyn didn't notice. He sprinted to the platform and shouting at the top of his lungs, he jumped.

No, Dawyn, I'm not quite ready to hand you over to Death just yet.

"Woooo I'm baaack!"
User Image

User Image User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*´¨)
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Ye are G o d s, and behold, ye shall die, and the waves be upon you at last.
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ye shall sleep as a slain man sleeps, and the world shall forget you for k i n g s.
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

Elianna’s gloved hands tightened on the reins as Tyvis reminded her of the hold her brother had on her. Without his patronage, she was nothing. If he wanted her to marry, she would be in no position to refuse him lest he resided the funding for her knighthood. Duty was indeed a heavy burden to bear. However, Dante wanted revenge for their Father’s death just as much as she did. There was no way he was going to derail Elianna’s mission for marriage…

‘There’s no way he would do that to me
          ,’ Elianna thought to herself, 'not after coming so far…' Her jaw clenched against her own self-doubt.

Elianna was startled out of her thoughts as Tyvis’ mount suddenly reared. A small boy gawked up at the fearsome armored Knight after nearly being trampled by him. The First Knight chuckled at the exchange of words between the boy and Tyvis.

“You certainly are good with children,” Elianna scoffed. She let her mirth slip away as she turned her attention towards more serious matters. “We face an enemy that is both everywhere and nowhere. The Guilds have eyes and ears everywhere. They feed off of the desperate left to rot in the slums of Riverton.” Elianna glanced at Tyvis, rolling her shoulders, “There are three Guilds that have always existed in Riverton. The Dragon-Eyed, the Shades, and the Black Wings.” Elianna spat the name, not even hiding her hatred. “The Shades rule the Guilds for now, controlling the major crime in Riverton. However, something happened within the Shades inner circle that has thrown the Guild into disorder. Now that there is blood in the water, so to speak, we imagine that the Dragon-Eyed and the Black Wings are lurking in the depths for their chance to seize power back for themselves. For the good of Riverton, I think the Guilds need to be eradicated completely-”

Elianna caught the sound of metal against metal. It sounded alarmingly close to a sword hitting a shield. Her suspicions were confirmed by the screaming stampede of people fleeing the scene of the fight. Elianna reached for her sword strapped to her saddle bags by her leg, drawing it singing form its sheathe.

Around the bend of the street was a familiar man clad in armor along with a woman she’d never seen before. What the hell was Meri doing? Wasn’t he supposed to be with the Captain?

“It seems like our fellow Knight might be in a little trouble. Shall we help him?” Elianna asked Tyvis, a wicked grin on her face. She wouldn’t mind sitting back to see if Meri got his butt kicked by a girl.

ooc:
          with:Tyvis, Meri, Saph

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
User Image
                                              Join me. Let's play a game. It will bring you an untold number of rewards and you will finally have some direction and purpose in your life. I'll take control; I'll take care of you. Bend you to my will and all worldly pleasures will be yours...

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

tab tab Maya tab : tab Safiya tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab The ℭourtesan

tab tab tab Maya wanted to quiet Leon as he started blaming himself and putting himself down for not doing anything back in the alley. Her expression concerned, she bit her tongue and decided not to say anything and just listen to him. As he continued to berate himself, Maya continued to hug him from behind then after a moment, stood and slipped out of the robe and stepped into the bath and pulled him close and rubbed his back. She knew that normally he didn't like for her to enter the bath with him, but right now she didn't want to leave hi alone and continuing to awkwardly hug him from outside the back was hardly satisfying. "Don't say that Leon! If they could see you now I doubt they would be disappointed. Why would they be? You're doing the best you can and you're surviving... You have a roof over your head and food to eat and you're growing into a handsome young man." Kissing his forehead, Maya tried a smile and to hide the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes. She wouldn't know what she would do without Leon. She wasn't only helping Ros because she owed him — she was sure that by now she had more than repaid her debt — but if at the end of this he could help her keep Leon safe it would mean everything to her.

Holding him close to her chest, a few tears slipped down and she blinked them away, hoping that he wouldn't notice. If he did ask about it she would just say that some of the bath water got in her eyes. "I'm not going anywhere, sweetie. No matter what, I'm going to find a way to always be at your side. And you really don't have to worry." She laughed a little and smiled as she thought about it. Sometimes being a whore did have it's benefits. "The Brothel is safe. We have guards, and the other girls and I work together to protect each other... and you. You're part of our family and no one wants to see you hurt. Especially me." Maya kissed his forehead again, then his cheek and wiped his tears away. "You're still alive, and one of these days you're going to get married and have a big family and lots of kids running around. Your wife will love you and your kids will be so proud of you... and I'll be right there with you."

It was upsetting to see him so down, but there had to be some way of cheering him up... Pastries. "Let's go out together this evening. We'll do whatever you want, and get some of those delicious pastries from the Bakery in the upper district. My treat. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to listen to some music in one of the squares... Does it sound good?" She'd do anything to make him smile right now... Gently brushing his hair out of his face, Maya held his eyes, trying to protray that perfect picture of serenity and pride that he'd been able to escape. She really was proud of him; Leon had a strength she admired and he was such a caring and loving boy. As much as she teased him, she really hoped that one day he would find a girl who could make him happy... and not one of those horrible slum girls or that 'pretty assassin'.

Ꮗith: Leon tab tab ℒocation: The Royal Blow (S) tab tab ℳood: Concerned tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Theme

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
User ImageFOR VENGEANCE IS SWEET. veɴɢeαɴce тαĸeɴ wнeɴ тнe veɴɢee ιѕɴ'т ѕυre
wнo тнe veɴɢer ιѕ, ιѕ ѕweeтer ѕтιll.
So I spend my nights devising new and interesting ways of bringing you to sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴ
ϱɒϱϱıиϱ, ɯɪƭɦєɾɪɲʛ, αɠσɳιȥιɳɠ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ
And you better ↻↻run {because I am going to destroy you} for what you've taken from ♏e.
X
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
X
User Image
                                                                                                            ocation: The mended drum - Unused conference room
                                                                                                            ith: Bryn, Iza, Milena - Jack
                                                                                                            ood: Upset - Friendly

dontmylistme

godessofthieves

Fabled Rhythm

Silenced Nocturne

User Image
                                      Leena nodded slightly in agreement with what Sparrow said and then looked a little surprised when she asked her sister if she could go along. What she didn't expect was the Commander's response to such an innocuous question. Truly, Iza represented everything Leena despised about the guilds. The impatience, harshness, greed. When Milena was grabbed by her ear, Leena wanted oh so badly to just step in and stop the abuse, but that would only get her punished as well and no doubt make things even more difficult for Sparrow in the future. So she stood there, behind Bryn, her hands shaking in anger, her jaw locked tight. Whatever this deal was, it didn't mean the world would end if a question was asked which delayed her departure for just a minute more. The longer this went on, the more she wanted to speak up and break her silence. Leena could already taste blood in her mouth from biting her tongue to keep quiet, but it wasn't working! If Iza saw fit to continue this tirade by the time she mentally count down from five, she would snap. She knew it.

tab Five....
                                      How in Chroniel's name did Iza believe that the Dragon-Eyed would rise with her as the Leader?
                                      tab Four....
                                      She needed the trust and respect of it's members in order to do that. Not their fear.
                                      tab Three....
                                      Then again, this might just help her in the end.
                                      tab Two...
                                      The Commander had to stop treating her sister like a slave
                                      tab One...
                                      Leena mentally prepared herself, hoped Milena would forgive her, and was about to say something when Iza stopped. What a lucky break.

"... This newcomer that has luckily stumbled into the claws of the Dragon-Eyed has useful skills that will be beneficial to us."

Oh? And what would those be? Leena worked on relaxing, casting an apologetic look in Sparrow's direction and making herself a promise that she would find the girl and they would talk later. It was partially her fault that she was dressed down like that... She had to make it up to her somehow. Once the Commander gave her her orders, Leena gave a slight nod. "Yes, Commander, I'll see to it right away." With that, she turned on her heel and started towards the conference room. It was a shame there would be guards around, but maybe she could find some way of figuring out exactly what this girl's talents were and learning of a way to undermine them. There was no way in Hell the Dragon-eyed were going to rise again. Their tyranny was coming to an end, of that she was certain.

Arriving at the conference room, the guards let her in and she slipped in quietly and closed the door behind her. The girl she was asked to watch [Jack] had short red hair and was whistling a horrible tune. Chaotic. Like Riverton. Leena couldn't remember ever seeing her around before and she took careful note of her appearance, not wanting to forget anything important. She looked older than her (then again, nearly everyone in this guild was older than her) but not by much. Clearing her throat, she gave a warm smile and walked over rather calmly, taking her time and hoping she was coming across as friendly. This was an honest attempt on her part. "Good afternoon," she said politely. Regardless of how the Commander thought this guild should be run or how she should act to this stranger, Leena thought it was best to be polite. You catch more flies with honey anyway. "I hope I'm not interrupting. Are you comfortable? I'm sorry the room is a little bare." If there was one thing her father taught her it was to always make sure her clients were comfortable and well fed. They were more likely to talk to you and help you out later. "Do you mind if I stay and talk with you for a while? At least until the Commander gets things set up." Not that she really had a choice, but it was nice to ask.

Tactical Target

29,200 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200
Ɍossєl “Ɍσs” sнarρє
      The Traitor

User Image

☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷ ☷☷☷☷☷☷☷ ☷☷☷☷☷☷☷ ☷☷☷☷☷☷☷

Rossel followed after Sam, allowing the boy to lead as he saw fit once they arrived at the marketplace of the lower districts. He only gave a smile when Sam seemed to question whether he could still pinpoint fresh foods or not. Rossel had faith he could; after all, one never really forgot what a fresh apple looked or tasted like; especially if such a thing became a treat to be savored as time went on. Rossel kept a look out as they moved from stall to stall, looking to Sam once in a while in curiosity. He was really into this, wasn’t he? The thief was rather happy the boy had an eye for this kind of detail.

When Sam announced however, that they should head up to the market of the Upper District, the thief stiffened a bit. While the Upper Districts posed even less of a threat when it came to encountering other thieves, at least the ones he was concerned about, they were the territory of the High Guard. Rossel wasn’t particularly sure how much they knew and wasn’t eager to find out. And even then, if they knew very little, there was still the issue of standing out and being blamed for thievery. Those of the upper tiers had no problem accusing folk who got on their bad side of some petty crime after all. Especially if those folk didn’t look like they belonged. Before he could say anything against it though, Sam was off leading the way and reluctantly the red head followed. His unease lifted a bit when they arrived at one of the smaller markets, less known and more in the shadows than the major one Rossel had expected they head too. As Sam did some more browsing, Rossel took the time to look around as well.

One particular stand caught his eye, with odd looking sweets and candies. One particular sweet made his mouth water. He looked at the vendor, pointing at the delicacy with one hand while fishing out some coins with the other. Soon, he held a small bag of candied orange peels in his hand, eyes seeming to sparkle and he ate one. When was the last time he’d had these? He couldn’t even remember; it’d been forever. If he recalled, the last time he’d received any was as a gift. Either way, these were the best things ever invented on this planet to him, well right after oranges themselves. As he ate another candy, heading back to where Sam was, a body bumped against him. Rossel recognized the trick, hand instantly flying to his coin purse to prevent the steal. He glared at the person, a young woman, who held a scowl on her face. She muttered a quick apology, before rushing off out of sight. The thief merely frowned and rolled his eyes, returning to Sam and his familiar. He eyed the goods that the boy had acquired, surprised with the haul.

”I think this is more than enough Sam. She’ll be grateful, if she doesn’t think we stole it first.” He joked lightly, blinking and quirking an eyebrow. ”You’ve got a point. We should get back. The Guards are a crazy lot.” He paused, taking another piece of candied orange peel and thinking a moment about what Sam said. ”What would we bake her though…?” He asked, putting the candy piece in his mouth as he thought. Suddenly, a voice came bellowing from nowhere.

“HEY YOU! STOP YA THIEF!” A voice shouted above the crowds, causing the red head to stiffen and turn with the fresh piece of candied orange peel hanging from his mouth. The man from one of the stall’s he had been looking at earlier seemed to be storming towards him and Sam, one hand clenched in a tight fist while the other pointed the pair down in a threatening manner.

“YA THINK YOU CAN MAKE OFF WITH MY GOODS WITHOUT ME NOTICING, EH?” The man shouted again, now drawing the attention of what appeared to be a nearby guard patrol. Rossel felt the color draining from his face, eyes narrowing a moment. Apparently that young woman hadn’t appreciated him foiling her little steal… petty but could Rossel really be surprised? Not everyone took a failure as a means to learn. He glanced to Sam, a frown on his face and he quickly swallowed whole the piece of candy while shoving the rest away.

“We’ve got to go. NOW.” He practically hissed, grabbing a hold of the boy and beginning to walk in the opposite direction, ducking and weaving amongst the populace in hopes of ditching the man. He hoped Sam’s familiar could keep up, trying to maneuver so that the creature and its cargo didn’t become lost or spilled along the way. Of course, it would mean very little if the pair were caught and tossed in the High Guard’s cells.

☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷☷ ☷☷☷☷☷☷☷ ☷☷☷☷☷☷☷ ☷☷☷☷☷☷☷

Awkward Yeti

Lonely Mage

11,975 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
User Image
Sammeth - The Young Thief

[I can hold my breath
I can bite my tongue
I can stay awake for days
If that's what you want
Be your number one

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human]

theme

Sam grinned at Ros, eyeing the strange treat that he had in his hands. Was it an orange? But why was it all...stripped and coated with sand? No, sugar clearly. Had he ever had something like that as a child? He couldn't recall. Normally his mother gave him baked sweets or fruits (only if he ate his meat!). They made their own treats, so they'd never really gone out of their way to a sweets shop. Sam gave the oranges one last curious look before looking back to Ros, laughing at his comment, "Would she really think we were that good at stealing that we could nab all of this? I think that would be impressive even for you." Sam thought about what to bake Ananya. Maybe banana bread? No, too simple. He wanted to make something more exciting that took more time and effort. "Maybe a hammentashen? It was a treat a foreigner brought in once and mam learned to make. We can fill it with some strawberries and the blueberries. You're going to help! I'll teach you...sorta like payment for you know...stuff..." Stuff like putting up with him.

Sam jumped as he heard the telltale shout of an annoyed vendor. A chill ran down his spine. But that wasn't right. No vendor would be mad at them. They hadn't stolen anything. So why would they be in trouble? Ros had stiffened though, looking back towards the vendor...who happened to be looking right at them and charging their way. Well that wasn't fair! He was actually innocent for a change! Mostly...yes, he'd stolen the money, but he hadn't offended the vendor! Sam glanced confused towards Ros, then noted the guards, who'd taken a sudden interest in the situation. "No need to tell me twice!" Sam quickly said back to Ros as the man grabbed him and started to run. His familiar was able to keep up, barely, the basket of goods still swaying in its maw. Sam was fairly good at keeping up with Ros, and thankfully, being almost of height with him, didn't have to worry too much about a difference in stride.

A group of guards noticed the two and more importantly, the previous guards chasing after them. Sam glanced around, stomach twisting as he noticed there were no alleys to easily slip into. Stupid rich people and their lack of nice stinky piss and vomit smelling alleys to hide in! They needed a distraction. If Sam hadn't been with Ros, he was sure the man could have easily scaled a wall and gone up a roof, but with only one arm really usable still (he didn't really want to risk breaking his arm a third time from strain) he wasn't sure if he'd be as agile and able to keep up. Normally, he would just send in his familiar, but now that he knew it was his Achilles heel, he wasn't so sure. But normally I only send it out in forms to fight. What if I send it out to scare? What's scary...? he remembered an old storybook his mom had shown him. There had been beautiful pictures in it. How she'd been able to afford it or get her hands on it, Sam would never know.

Sam took a breath, then forced the shift in his mind. The familiar grew, it's slightly translucent fur morphing into hard looking scales. Even as it shifted, becoming the size of a small elephant, it maintained its hold on the basket of goods. Its limbs elongated, shifted, and bent as needed, and leathery looking wings spouted from its back. Soon, where one was a hound now stood..."A dragon...heh, not such a myth anymore, is it?" Sam grinned at the sight, even as the guards, both before and behind them, faulted and stopped, staring up at the creature that regarded them with cool, disinterested eyes. He could feel the strain of extending his ability, causing his heart to race, but there was a certain thrill to the sight. For once, HE had the power. ******** the guards!

There were people screaming, and one rather buff guard actually soiled his armor as the dragon began to stretch its wings. It caught the breeze under its wings and suddenly, was in the air, flying towards Sam. It grabbed him up in its claws, drawing him up into the air. Sam barely had time to grab onto Ros, wrapping his arms around his waist as they were pulled up. "Best escape ever!" he laughed, even as the muscles in his arms screamed from the exertion of trying to keep a hold on Ros. They were over the roofs now, and Sam was pretty sure Ros would be mad if he dropped him from this far up.

They weren't able to go far before the strain got too much, both from carrying Ros and from his familiar carrying both of them. At the edge of the lower district, they landed roughly on a sturdy roof. Sam let go of Ros before they touched down, him and his familiar rolling a few times across the roof before coming to a stop. The familiar turned back into a hound, the basket still, miraculously, together and safe in its maw. Sam landed on his back, where he lay for a moment, breathless from the rush of it all. He let out a loud whoop of joy and sat up, hands in the air. "Did you see that? I was just like Sir Alarius with his red dragon! I didn't know if that would actually work! I mean, normally I can only do a few small things I never even tried a bear before and then I got this idea and holy Chroniel that was-" Sam felt something trickle warm down to his upper lip. He reached up and wiped away blood. Nose bleed? That was new. He sniffed, which of course only made it worse, then rolled his eyes and pinched his nose. Just the excitement, clearly. "I have to try that again! Hah! And I was scared before? Nothing can hurt a dragon! Imagine it though!"

Sam took a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself. Of course, none of the consequences of his actions had occurred to him yet, nor the possible dangers that came with it. He didn't even consider that Ros might not find his sudden dragon abduction quite as fun as Sam had.

Razpitan

Blessed Hunter

6,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJ U D G M E N T ,..H A S..C O M E .

Each word that flowed from Elianna’s mouth was listened to intently by the Judge Knight. It was the words describing the enemies of the state, the minions of chaos sent to wreak havoc upon the little haven of order. To Tyvis, these people who dwelled in the darker corners of Riverton and pulled puppet strings from it had become his newest targets. Sure, Elianna would say that the people of Riverton were being manipulated into performing illegal tasks for these guilds, but he would think otherwise. There was always complicities when it came to these things. While some indeed were threatened life and limb to do these things, others undoubtedly were poised to gain something in exchange. A great circle of corruption from which almost everyone was guilty.

When Elianna stopped speaking he looked at her for a second then he too heard the violent sounds of metal upon metal. Drawing his spear, Arbiter, from his back he rode forward until he caught sight of the two fighting. One was a man clad in plate just as he was and wielding a mighty shield as tall as the man. The other was a woman of red hair whose strikes with her sword seemed playful, almost as if she were simply toying with her prey instead of simply going for the kill. Tyvis could tell, she was not an ordinary criminal by any means.

His “yes” to Elianna was more complicated than simple words. Pushing Imperius forward, the Judge Knight turned back to the men following them and began to issue orders like a battle commander. “You men form a line, sword and arm lengths apart, behind us. If the criminal attempts escape and slips past Lady Elianna and I then you are to strike her down when she approaches. No quarter!” As the guardsmen moved into position Tyvis slipped off of his horse in one smooth motion and started to approach.

Forward stepped the Judge Knight, his plated boots clinking with each step upon the sodden rocky earth. Nary thirty paces away he stopped and delivered his judgment. “Woman with red hair. Cease your attacks and drop your blade. You are guilty of the crimes of assaulting a member of the High Guard and attempted murder of a member of the High Guard. The sentence for which is flogging and death.” Red runes flowed down from his arm and into the spear in his right hand, the energy flowing through carefully carved conduits for the flames of judgment.

As the energy reached its apex, the blade of the spear became alight in lawful flames as Tyvis raised the spear level to his chest and took up a combat stance. “Lay down your weapons, and submit to the judgment of the law!”

Under the Banner of Justice We Shall Overcome All

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
User Image
Jack~ The fabricator

“While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.”

Jack was in the middle of a particularly tricky thirty-second note duplet run when she heard someone clear their throat. Oh yay, another guild member here to babysit her. Eugh. Jack’s tune ended as she took a glance at the girl who entered, she was a bit younger than her, had an eye patch, interesting hair color though. Jack’s face remained impassive as the girl smiled and said
”Good afternoon.” The corner of Jack’s mouth twitched slightly, out of annoyance more than anything. So many fake smiles today, it was becoming quite aggravating. Today had started out so well, but it seemed to be turning out to be one of the worse so far. Jack’s sharp brown eyes behind her spectacles examined the girl’s single exposed blue eye… There was a look in this person’s lone eye, it wasn’t greed, more of simple drive. Whoever they were, they had a goal, and it wasn’t necessarily simple coin like just about everyone here. Interesting, what else would a thief want? Power? Revenge?

Jack simply shook her head when the girl stopped talking. “Just stop acting like you care, you’re not fooling anyone. Right now I’m here to make whatever coin is necessary to get myself out of this place. Nothing more. Nothing less. ” Jack her face away from the girl and with a small shrug said “If you want to stay then go ahead.” Jack would like a bit more of an explanation about what this guild was about of course, but now it was more important now than ever to balance between being beaten to death and being sucked into this organization.

Jack wondered where her things were, and almost as if cued, an arm opened the door and deposited Jack's two bags on the floor. In a flash, had gotten up from her chair, picked up her bags, and put them on the table. Her knapsack was noticeably less jingly than before... Some one had taken all of the coin out of it. Oh well, Jack could always make more.

It occurred to Jack that they could have removed more than just coin, so she began the careful process of extracting ever seemingly random item in her knapsack, and putting in on the table so she could take stock of everything. First came her hammers, then small wooden case, a large book of sorts with uneven pages and scraps of fabric sticking out of it, a small book, a slightly larger wooden case, a thin pipe made of bone and metal, a parcel of sealing wax, matches... The amount of things Jack had managed to cram into her bag was incredible. It was like watching a magician pulling scarf after scarf from seemingly no where. Tools of all shapes and sizes, playing cards, paper after paper, rocks, a sewing kit, a jewelers loupe, seals and a long string of (falsified) signet rings... Everything but the coin was there.

Realising that there was still someone in the room with her Jack turned back towards the guild member "So why are you here exactly? I did promise to cooperate after all..."

╔══════════════╗

Wearing:This
Feeling:Aggravated, slightly curious
With:eyepatched girl
Out of Character:

╚══════════════╝

gataki91

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
User ImageFOR VENGEANCE IS SWEET. veɴɢeαɴce тαĸeɴ wнeɴ тнe veɴɢee ιѕɴ'т ѕυre
wнo тнe veɴɢer ιѕ, ιѕ ѕweeтer ѕтιll.
So I spend my nights devising new and interesting ways of bringing you to sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴ
ϱɒϱϱıиϱ, ɯɪƭɦєɾɪɲʛ, αɠσɳιȥιɳɠ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ
And you better ↻↻run {because I am going to destroy you} for what you've taken from ♏e.
X
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
X
User Image
                                                                                                            ocation: Mended Drum - Conference Room
                                                                                                            ith: A forger
                                                                                                            ood: Relaxed
                                                                                                            Silenced Nocturne

User Image
                                      Leena's smile instantly faded, turning into a frown at the girl's sharp reproach. She wasn't acting. Sure she was a great actress and could lie without giving any tells, but this time she was being genuine. Or at least she was trying. She had really hoped the girl would give her the benefit of the doubt. A soft sigh escaped her and she looked away, biting the inside of her cheek, letting the frown fade away. Well maybe she was being a bit too kind. She was a new asset but still being treated like a prisoner after all. "Since the Commander sees you as important, I do take a genuine interest in your well-being, Miss."

Behind her the door opened and a Leena asked for another chair to be brought in, waiting for the door to close and watching the woman scurry over to her bags and start to take everything out. The first thing that caught her eye was the hammer and she stiffened slightly, glancing quickly at the closed door wondering if the guards even knew what they were doing. Though she was slightly reassured by the dagger secretly sheathed away, she hoped the woman didn't suddenly get the idea to turn that hammer into some sort of weapon. The wooden case was curious, as was the large book. How much did she stuff in those bags?

It didn't appear as if the other girl even took notice of her presence, which was good in some respects. By studying the objects the stranger pulled out of her bag, Leena was able to get some idea of just why Iza took such an interest in her. The hammer, jewellers loupe, seals, signet rings, the mandrel, wax… A forger. As if the Dragon-eyed didn't have enough people with similar skills already!

"So why are you here exactly?"

Leena looked away from the pile of tools and other miscellaneous items on the table and met the girl's eyes. The door was opened again, the chair brought in. Leena gave a slightly absent nod of thanks and waited for the door to close once more before she spoke. "We appreciate the fact that you are willing to cooperate with us, and we don't doubt that. I'm just here to make things easier for you. To be a friendly face? I know I wouldn't want to be stuck in here alone." She tried another smile and then went over to the chair and pulled it over to the table, taking a seat and relaxing as if she had nothing to worry about.

"Why don't we take some time to get to know each other? Maybe we can even help each other out." Leena met her eyes completely serious for a while and then broke into a grin. "If not I can just sit here and watch you. You are certainly not hard on the eyes at any rate." Either way she would get the information she wanted. She was asked to observe the girl and though it would be far more interesting to do so by means of a conversation, she could just as easily stay quiet and see what happened.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff