Welcome to Gaia! ::

AnCatDubh's Waifu

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Kevin slinks off, with the proverbial tail between his legs.

"I suspect, if you had your way, we'd be too easy on him. But maybe you're right. Either way, I don't think we can decide that unless we hear the whole story. And both sides of it. Or rather, all three sides. Shall we go somewhere a bit more appropriate." Ruby is about to hand Terra the keys, then remembers who's double she is. "How about you decide where and I'll drive."

Ixor Firebadger's Husbando

Snarky Mage

"One of the beaches," Terra told Ruby. It was a good place to go and think and have these sorts of talks. It was certainly better than going to a bar by her estimation. It would be strange to not be driving though. When one gets used to driving their self everywhere, not being the one in control of the car was always an odd experience.

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Rachel goes along.
"Connor's... He's practically my father." she admits as she gets into the vehicle. "He's worked with the family since my mother was around. Chosen for his ability to produce Solid Illusions." she said.

We can't let that talent go. the Queen counseled.

"He's been my guardian for ages. Strong and reliable. And I confided how I felt. He must have made a connection with Kevin. Leapt to some conclusions."

AnCatDubh's Waifu

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Turning him out does seem a bit harsh to me, anyway, Ruby agreed, getting into the car. "Clearly," Ruby answers, to the assertion that Connor had jumped to some conclusions. She waits for everyone to get buckled in and pulls back onto the road. "But, he only thought he was protecting you, or defending your honor. Letting him go does seem to be a bit harsh," she concedes, with a nod to Terra. She heads to a nearby boardwalk off of Lake Michigan for them to continue talking.

Snarky Mage

"Fathers and father-figures are apt to be protective," Terra added. In light of what Rachel said, it sounded like dismissing Connor was indeed too harsh. Being dismissed so summarily by his charge was surely a painful thing for the seducer, far outweighing the crime, such as it was. Aside from Connor driving recklessly fast, though, she wasn't sure just what other danger Kevin might have been in. Maybe the experience might make Kevin think twice about how he handled girls...but she doubted it.

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
"Then hire him." she said. "I lost control of him. I don't like him using my name to pull stunts like that. If Kevin had died, I mean.." she sighed. "I just don't know what to do with myself these days."

AnCatDubh's Waifu

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Ruby sighs. "Just because you lost control of him once and just because you don't like something he did, doesn't mean you should simply dismiss him. It just means you learn from the situation and take steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. Unless there are prior offenses I don't know about. This is where your problem is, Rachel. If something isn't working the way you want it to, you give up. That, and you seem to need a man's approval to feel like you're worth anything. If he can't see your worth, he isn't worth the headache," she states, with a vehemence that suggested she was still battling with that.

Snarky Mage

Terra nodded and murmured a quiet agreement. Her version of Rachel behaved much the same with giving up too quickly and trying to define himself by being in a relationship.

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
"I'll talk to him later. I... I was rash." she looked out the window quietly. "Maybe I'm just jealous. Seeing what I want and what i don't have and trying... Trying to make it mine be at least creating it. By having a part of it. I don't understand why everything else I do feels so hollow and without value. I know it's real. I know what I've done has meaning. But it doesn't feel like it. I have no idea.... why."

AnCatDubh's Waifu

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
"I can't answer that. But I can tell you that being in a relationship isn't going to make you feel any better. Especially if you're trying to force it with the wrong people. YOU have to be the one to decide what you and you're contributions have been worth. And sometimes it just takes a lot of effort to keep telling yourself that until you believe. I'm still trying to believe it, too," Ruby admits. "But it's gotten easier."

Snarky Mage

"...Trying to force a relationship will definitely lead to bad things," Terra added, also looking out a window, "...Anyway. About Kevin...what did go on last night? To my knowledge, not once did he even try and get in contact with me after we got pulled over here."

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
"I brought him to a diner, and I figured everyone would meet in haven anyway. He did show concern... But... I was interested. Too interested to let it pass. He used his aura on me, and I flirted with him, but..." she bit her lip. "I got nervous. Froze up, couldn't say anything. He just... left."

AnCatDubh's Waifu

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
"Rachel, why do you always want the ones that are...unavailable...?" Ruby asks. "You always seem to poke around where you know you shouldn't."

Snarky Mage

The muscles around her mouth tensed a little. So, he had shown concern, but not enough that he didn't let himself get talked into a distraction from a simple phone call. Even if it had gone to her counterpart's phone...it would have been something. That he used his aura on Rachel...she shut her eyes and shook her head. She wasn't exactly happy with Rachel for her part in that, but it still fell on Kevin to have been responsible.

"Tch...not to put too fine a point on it, but aren't Seducers in general about poking around?" she said, crossing her arms. Shaking her head again, she then said, "Honestly, you need to figure out what exactly it is you want, Rachel. That which you can't have, or that which you don't see."

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
"What, you've never wanted something out of reach? And it's not like Kevin made it clear he was unavailable. Quite the opposite." she said, shrugging before leaning back. "It's not like cute, intelligent men simply fall from the sky and proclaim their love for you."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff