Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ixor Firebadger's Husbando

Snarky Mage

"Course I can be patient. I resent the insinuation that I wouldn't be, sir," Sophie retorted with mock-offense. More seriously, she said, "So, I don't suspect you're goign to go for anythin' fancy, so probably stoppin' at a department store would be quickest to find what ya want for summerwear, though there are others places we can go if yer lookin' for something in particular."

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"Nah. If the color's are alright and the fit is good, that's enough for me." Darren assured her when she noted that only other stores would really be needed for something specific. "Though I probably want to go somewhere a bit nicer for my gloves." Those were something he was willing to spend the money on, and he wasn't sure what quality of gloves he would find in the department store. "And I'm well aware of your capacity for patience. No one else would put up with me this long." He grinned. "Well, Roaven does, but he always looks like he's contemplating whether death's embrace would be more tolerable." He mused, adopting a thoughtful and somewhat offended expression. "That might explain why he's always skulking around, though. You work with him much? Both do recon, right?"

Snarky Mage

She nodded when he expressed wanting to get nicer gloves. That's quite understandable. "Yeah, we do recon, though not too often where we actually are working on the same assignment," she said, then snickered and added, "Are ya sure that's him being annoyed and not just grumpy from holding in farts out of habit? Passin' gas while trying to be stealthy ain't so good for keepin' undetected if it's a nice loud one."

AnCatDubh's Waifu

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
The interlude with the Skulls' leader didn't last long. Ruby hadn't been looking to seal any deals that first night. She'd feel him out, do a little flirting, touch on the topic of some Seducers that had gone missing, last seen with him. She wondered if he might not be another presence in her club that prevented trouble. Perhaps she might be unofficially off-limits to the gang. After all, Antony might come down hard any any subordinates of his that denied him the pleasures of A Seducer-run club.

And then she heads back to her office to meet with her potential new maids..

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"I doubt it. Sometimes I think that even if he wanted to make some noise while sneaking around he'd be incapable of doing so, some ancient oath sworn by his ancestors to the Lord of Darkness or something." Darren explained, adding exaggerated hand motions to the idea of the whole thing to further cement the ridiculous nature of it all. "Still, grumpy or not, he's doing alright, I guess, and he certainly has the edge on me skillwise." He admitted, heading off for one of the mall's department stores to look around. "Good luck getting flowers out of him, though."

Snarky Mage

"Heh. I should hope he has an edge on you in skills given his position and all. Any flowers out of him anyway would be in trade for somethin' more concrete, too, I reckon." She followed along with him, letting him decide which particular store he'd go into. She'd just people watch and look into the stores they pass by as they walk. Partway along, she sniggered and muttered, "Guess that'd make him an SBD'er..."
AnCatDubh

Adam smiled faintly as Bagga continued the story. He wasn't going to say anything about what he gleaned yet though. He did laugh, however, when he caught the mental exchange between Igne and Bagga. That he does comment on, saying, "I think it's understandable that you took an involuntary rest afterward."

"Haaaah, it may be understandable, but it was still a risky situation. If he brought insurance or watchers of his own, things wouldn't be as smooth a ending." Bagga rubs his chin as he thought on it. From the 'truth or lie' game, he wasn't too far from it. The fight was much more brutal than how he said it, but that could be due to him not wanting to cause too much stress or worry. "Well, it's not like I've had a history of clean missions. Pretty sure the majority of them involved me being taken by surprised one way or another and taking a beating.. Oh, except that time I rescued Lance from Feral Assassins! Rammed right into one of those buggers with a motor bike, sent another flying, and punched a guy so hard he EXPLODED."

{Don't forget the part where you DROVE A MOTORBIKE LIKE A MAD MAN TO GET THERE.} Well, we got there on time and managed to save Lance due to that. {YOU WEREN'T THE ONE SCREAMING FOR DEAR LIFE!} And yet we live. Besides, it was pretty good for my first time while also under stress, don't you think? Adam would soon be treated to the sight of the cactoid Igne extending his limb and face palm.. his master. "..Be thankful your needles just past through me, or I'd bean you with yourself." {That doesn't make sense!} I WILL FIND A WAY.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"Oh, I'm sure there's a part of him that's romantic. A very small part. Buried inside of him. Deep inside. Deeeeeep inside." Darren assured her when she mentioned getting flowers in return for something else, quirking an eyebrow as he browsed, slipping into one department store he'd had good success with in the past. "SBD'er?" He inquired, not familiar with the term, making his way towards the men's clothing section and looking through. Fortunately the selection reflected the warming weather, though fall wasn't too far off either. Hm, maybe he needed some shorts.

Snarky Mage

Adam laughed again at the conversation between familiar and master, particularly the facepalm. His expression went thoughtful then, and he ventured, "From what you have said of Orphan Maker, I do not think any watchers of his would have done anything for his loss, and he was too arrogant to believe he needed insurance." He paused, and said, "Those assassin Ferals must not have been very strong overall. Though, if Lance needed rescuing, they must have been tailored against him?"

"An SBD is a type of fart. 'Silent but Deadly.' If Roaven doesn't hold them in and is always sneaky, that'd be the sort he'd probably let out. Odorless ones don't happen very often," Sophie explained with humor.

As they wander through the men's section, she mused, "Y'know, too bad you aren't shorter. Back to school sales are starting, and kid's pant's and shorts are cheaper in general."

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"Ah, but one can't a price point on the pride of not being children's clothes." Darren noted jokingly, not really having a problem with the idea, but she was right that it was pretty much out of the question unless they were after comically ill fitting clothes. Still, he could get by with normal stuff, and with the way department stores worked, something was always on sale, even if it was just the normal price and the items were just normally marked up more expensive than they should be. "I think Silent but deadly is a good title for him in general. Well, it would be, but he's a softie. Just...ah, don't let him know I said that." He added hastily, figuring that Sophie would comply. Roaven prided his reputation, after all. "You're more....I dunno, talkative but silently threatening to stab my hand with your fork."

Snarky Mage

"Hee, his reputation is safe with me...unless he goes and does somethin' stupid, as unlikely as it is. Then I'll happily voice it, but I'll be sure to leaver yer involvement out," she said with regard's to Roaven's pride. She shrugged when it switched back to her and remarked, "Nothin' wrong with keeping a pleasant thing going while silently lettin' someone know that any shenanigans aren't goin' to go off without repercussion. Course, some people are dense and only learn that after the fact, but that's they're own problem."

Vicious Pumpkin

13,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
Ixor-san
"Just head over here. Here, I'll write down my schedule for you." She finds a piece of paper and does so, all the way through the next week. "Just let me know if anything doesn't work for you."

Cerin took the paper, looked it over, and nodded. "Alright," he consented. "I'll be here, then. Is that it?"

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"Sometimes the hardest lessons learned are the most valuable ones." Darren noted. He was sure that Roaven would do something stupid at some point, but most everyone was vulnerable to that, so he didn't see it as a flaw of the sneak. "Though I'm glad that I skipped that lesson." He noted, perfectly happy to go without a fork speared in his hand. Shorts and some shirts seemed to be the order of the day, along with a few pants, all in greens and browns.

Snarky Mage

"Seems ya favor a certain color scheme," Sophie notes as she watches his selection of clothing grow. "No bein' critical, mind, though maybe ya ought to consider gettin' something in a different color or two for variety?"

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"That's true enough, I suppose." He conceded. He would replace some of the pants with blue jeans, and he would shift some of the shirts from his traditional color schemes to others, though he seemed to stay away from blues and reds. Orange, yellow, black, gray, and such were all fair game, though. His wardrobe would stay mostly green and brown, but he could afford to vary things up a bit. "What are your colors of choice? He inquired. "I think you've guessed mine well enough by now."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff