Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.X M A E V EX M E L O N XB O W E R S XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

██████████████X{ `darling, don't lose your focus }

XX“Welcome Miss Bowers, may we interest you in some coffee or tea before you head to your room?”

“I’ll take a black coffee and please ensure that I will receive my bottle of wine in precisely 30 minutes from now. Chilled. One glass will do.”

True, it wasn’t even noon yet, but upon arrival in the town of Donberg, Maeve Bowers was seeking celebration. For its size, the city was under an insanely strict government surveillance; it was both that and the reason why there were eyes on the civilians that had drawn in the street-smart con woman. She draws her tongue across the rim of her plump, glossy lip while raising her Lugano Diamonds sunglasses off the bridge of her nose. The innards of the Birchwood Hotel were more visually stimulating than the outskirt of the town was in a hundred different ways. This will definitely do, she thinks while flashing a smile to the receptionist who returns with a mug with coffee as black as tar.

Scaling her free fingers across the embossed initials of the business, ‘B.H.’, she observes the bellboy beginning to transport her belongings. “Handle with care,” she coos after him. She then seamlessly turns to the receptionist, sliding her glasses back down her face so she can scan the individual. What a gorgeous brooch.

“Alright Miss Bowers, you can find your room at the top-“ the middle-aged desk worker halts, interrupted mid-sentence by a boisterous shriek of porcelain meeting tile. She immediately moves to grab a nearby cream pool towel.

“Oh, s**t!” the bright, platinum blonde shouts out while stepping back from the pooling coffee. “s**t,” she repeats, causing another employee to rush over with some napkins. She acts quickly then.

“It’s alright, Miss-“ but the receptionist was then being pulled up by Maeve’s grip under her arms, as if she were an infant, Maeve pulling her away and repeating apologies. “You shouldn’t have to clean that up, I’m so, so sorry.” She released the woman from her touch within a few seconds, clasping her hands together then.

“Uh, you’re right. I should call the janitor. Please don’t worry about it. Would you like another coffee…?”

But Maeve was already straightening herself out and walking towards the elevator with a crisp click-clack of her heels trailing behind her. “That’s fine, I’ll have just the wine.”

“Ah- yes of course, Miss Bowers.”

“Oh, and dear? Please just call me Melon,” she calls out to the employee just before the automatic, chrome doors shut. Then, with a smirk and a twist of her fingers, she applies a sapphire brooch to the lapel of her navy business suit. “Too easy."
                                                        X

{ i'm at the birchwood hotel | feeling kinda unstoppable | looking at temporary housing }
                                                        ██████████████

I'm not expecting anyone to respond to this, just warming up with an intro post!

Wheezing Cultist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    "I'se could always teach ya b'ye," said Teddy as he followed him to the door. Once they slipped out, he took a moment to make sure that the door was secure and locked like hell. "Lemme tells ya it fukken great havin' plants around whether ya can smokem or not, eh?"

Glancing at the stairs, Teddy heaved a heavy sigh and stretched out his arm, gesturing for Devin to take the lead. It was nearing the time of morning that Sunny ******** off to go and have something to eat, and to say his schedule was strict would be a gross understatement. Listening above, he couldn't hear anything; either the colossus was still sitting there reading his stupid book, or he had wandered off in search of sustenance. Meat, probably.

"Lead th'way b'ye." Teddy stayed right behind Devin. "And fukken yes I'se in b'ye. Whaddif the ********' place is haunted, who dafukk is gonna protect ya's?"

Nevermind that Teddy was just as terrified of haunted s**t.

But he loved it. Being scared was the best ********' part.

"Shite we's oughta find somma dat ghost-huntin' shite ya sees on those stupid shows. I'se ever tells ya D-man's doen videos online? No ghosty spooky s**t. Maybe y'should do a channel too, eh?" He gave him a light punch to the back of his shoulder, and with Teddy, that wasn't exactly a lovetap.

"Ya's got the face for cameras lemme tells ya."

With: Devin
    State: better

rasalhagues
    Devin Malik
    ×××××××××××××××××××××
    ××××××××××××××××××

location × donberg streets
    status × B)
    company × teddy

××××××

Devin takes the lead back upstairs. He passes through the bead curtain, looking around. The chair is empty, and Sunny is nowhere to be found. "Guess he ******** off."

Out the door they go.

Devin shoves his hands in his pockets, leading the way towards his apartment. "You're gonna protect me?" He aims a grin at Teddy. "What are you gonna do, punch a ghost?"

The conversation shifts, and the new subject piques Devin's curiosity. "So, is this dude like--is he like a Viner or something? Youtuber? What sort of s**t does he do? I've made videos before, but they were just some shitty tours of some old houses. For my blog." He laughs off the punch, sending one back. "None featuring my face, though. Sorry to disappoint you."

Literally Literallying

Wheezing Cultist

Thank ********. Teddy glanced over to the chair and spotted the book sitting on the nearby workstation, and he momentarily contemplated trying to ******** things up for the giant ******** somehow.

Instead, he stuck close to Devin, jogging to catch up and walk at his side.

"I'd punch erry fukken ghost'at triedda get ya's so hard they'd wake up alive again." And if that didn't work, he had another tactic. "Or I'se can leap in fronna ya's all dramatic like in movies n'shite an' scream 'takes me instead!'"

Either one would likely be effective.

"Yes b'ye, D-man's gotta youtube and vine and some other shite I'se ain't so sure of prob'ly. B'ye's a right fukken idiot fer the camera, s'basically alls he does, jus' stupidest s**t he can come up wit'. B'ye's broken more bones'an we fukken got, I'se bet."

What a moron. Teddy loved it.

"When we's playin' Cards tonight ya's oughta askim. Kid'll talk for fukken days 'bout filmin' s**t."

He glanced up at Devin again, though, considering, and with the confession of his own videos, Teddy just clicked his tongue and gave his head a small shake. "Shame. I'se guess s'one thing I'se ain't gonna getcha t'do then eh?"

Just stop, Teddy.

"... Y'know I'se ain't sure I'se ever seen your place. Least not sober."

rasalhagues
    User Image
    Company: Darren
    Mood: calm

Melody Winchester

Melody looks back and forth between Naomi and Darren confused on why they looked surprised she could summon and apple. Melody frowns when Naomi says she should get back to running, but tries to cheer and says "Okay Naomi It was a pleasure meeting you, and Like Darren says be careful". Rubbing her arm she felt she upset Naomi some how but shakes it off. Looking at Darren and asks "Where should we look first", She finished her apple and founds what appears to be a trash can and throws it away. Looking up at the sky again she loved the cool breeze. She looks back at Darren and says "Oh and do you have a picture of what we are looking for because I honestly dont know what it looks like". She chuckles nervously she felt so out of place, even more now that they were surprise with her summoning an apple. Rubbing her arm again she wasnt cold, it was just her way of getting rid of her nerves. Melody wonders if she will understand the world outside of they room she been staying in. Melody knew she it would probably take a long time but she felt like she had all the time in the world. Melody began to smile at Darren glad the first people she met were very nice or seemed it.
    Devin Malik
    ×××××××××××××××××××××
    ××××××××××××××××××

location × donberg streets
    status × B)
    company × teddy

××××××

"While I appreciate your willingness to sacrifice yourself for me, I think I like the "punch them back to life" method better." Devin cackles. "I mean, holy s**t? What are they gonna do then? How do you handle getting punched back into the ********' mortal realm?" He nearly doubles over with laughter.

When he straightens up again, he wipes at the corners of his eyes. "Jesus. So he's one of those "do it for the vine" dudes, huh? I'll be sure to ask him about his vids. I wanna see 'em."

Teddy brings up his apartment, and he tries to remember whether or not the man's ever visited. "Mm... Y'know, I don't think you have, either. It's a mess, though. I'm as good at keeping my place clean as you are." He shrugs, looking ahead as his apartment complex comes into view.

"You hungry or anything? I mean, it'll only take me a second to grab my camera, but you can help yourself to whatever's in the kitchen."

Literally Literallying

Wheezing Cultist

Man, Melody seemed anxious. Darren supposed that he couldn't blame her. From the sound of things, she had the whole princess-locked-in-a-tower thing going on. Did that make Darren some kind of Disney Prince?

Probably not. Flynn Rider, at best, he figured, wrinkling up his nose a little at the thought.

"Oh. Uh, s**t, I don't think I do on me. It's a real piece of sh- ... It's a real piece of crap. Ah..." He ran a hand through his hair as he placed the other on his hip, glancing around a moment. "There, like that." He pointed toward the end of the pier where some vehicles were parked. "See that big black one? It's kinda that shape. Except it looks like that truck, but like somebody starved it and forgot to take care of it, so it's like a skinny, dirty, beat-up version of that. And it's sort of this muddy red colour, too. And I think there's a window missin' from the back. Either way it's ugly but that's the gist of it."

Darren took out his GoPro camera again, but hesitated before switching it on, glancing at Melody. He didn't wanna start filming if someone was uncomfortable with it, but he didn't want to leave her feeling left out, either.

"Would you be against being mentioned on camera? Lots of people will see it," he added as an afterthought, in case someone might be looking for her, or upset that she'd left, or something.

With: Melody
    State: bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

PrincessSparkles95

Wheezing Cultist

Teddy glanced sideways at Devin while he doubled over with laughter, grinning to himself like he'd achieved some kind of weird victory. Making Devin laugh was one of his favourite things to do, he decided. "Awe ya's don' gotta worry, I'se ain't leddin' some shithead ghost sonnovabitch try'n take over or some fukk like that. Whaddafukk woulddat do, ya'd just be stuck with a fukken ghost in my fukken body. S'kinda useless fer a rescue tactic, eh? Nah I'se fukken. I'd make that b*****d regret ever gettin' in." Somehow.

But getting punched back to life would be even better, he decided. If they did see a ghost, he hoped that he'd get the chance to try to punch it. Honestly, though, in a place like this, Teddy could say he didn't believe in Santa and fairies and dragons and vampires all he wanted, but Donberg had turned him into a liar about that, too. Was it so far-fetched to think that there could be ghosts and demons and s**t, too?

... Oh, he didn't like that idea. With a visible shudder and a grimace, he jammed his hands into his pockets.

"Ya's ain't squeamish, eh? Gotta warns ya, somma the s**t that b'ye does jus' makes me skin fukken crawl. I'se got a couple saved if ya like, when we get t'yer place." As for the state of it... Teddy scoffed. "Eh, b'ye, y'know I'se ain't as bad as whatcha seen today. But I'se guess I don' mind if ya live like a college student'r somethin'." His grin returned, with a vengeance.

As for the offer, Teddy gave his head a shake.

"Thanks b'ye but feels a bit like I'se swallowed a boulder or somethin' last night, I'se ain't sure I need more inn'ere."

rasalhagues
    User Image
    Company: Darren
    Mood: calm

Melody Winchester

Melody thinks about what he had said and looks at the black truck. She thinks she see another car pulling it away but she wasnt sure if it was that for sure. She turns and looks at him smiling and says "I wouldnt be against, It seems like a fun idea to be on camera". Melody wasnt to sure how many people will see it but is curious on if people saw her on camera would they actually try to talk to her. Melody felt a little nervous on speaking to people she thinks if people speak to her first it would be easier. She keeps think of the word on the truck she thinks she may have seen it. After taking a moment "Have you heard of A Bark Towing, cause That name was on a car taking something like youve described to me away...But I could be wrong...Im sorry if I am". She feels bad because she not sure if she giving out good information. She looks at Darren and says "I hope it wasn't that car, the man driving it look very angry". Melody began to turn to remember which way she saw the Bark towing car went.

Romantic Gekko

11,300 Points
    • Generous 100
    • Bookworm 100
    • Cool Cat 500
    Asemo

User Image
    Rava Gabor
    Mood: annoyed
    With: Abiah

Rava cackled a bit at the unfortunate man's sheepish response. It was clear that this man was in a bind, a hilarious one, but a bind nonetheless. And despite her desire to poke fun at the poor thing, part of her knew that she probably should help. And so, when that small shred of humanity left in the pale woman piped up and told her to do the right thing, she groaned in aggravation. She glanced down at the pathetic, struggling, red-faced man stuck in the hole again for a moment. She let out an aggravated sigh, and punched the door slightly harder than necessary.
    "Yeah, sure...just...give me a second." Rava replied to the man's pleading request, and grumbled something about the sun under her breath. Naturally, helping this man out of his predicament in broad daylight might be a -bit- of a struggle for Rava. So, she retreated from the door to fetch a few things.
    The vampire found herself angrily rummaging through her bag to try and find something to help her in this pointless venture. Helping a stranger in the middle of the day, at some s**t-hole hotel. Rava shook her head incredulously at herself for a moment. It was clear to her, that she must be sleep deprived. She wasn't even hungry, what could she -possibly- gain from this venture?
    There. Out of what remained of her previously neatly packed travel bag, Rava pulled out a rather floppy, wide brimmed sunhat, a scarf, and a pair of gloves. I can't believe I'm doing this--I can't believe I'm going to look so STUPID while doing this. Rava groaned in aggravation yet again. Why can't she just leave this idiot to someone else? She should just forget about it and go to bed, but--that little annoying tinge of guilt if she did not assist would be driving her crazy. Plus, he'd probably be stuck, complaining outside of her door all day long.
    And so, Rava donned this ridiculous outfit and approached the door. She raised a gloved hand to undo the several locks on the door. She took a deep breath, and winced slightly in preparation for what was to come. The vampire slowly opened the door and flinched immediately, the sunlight that streamed inside, feeling like fire on what skin was left exposed.
    "You better be ********' thankful for this..." Rava mumbled grudgingly through the thick scarf shielding part of her face. A moment of self consciousness hit her as she realized that she must look like such a weirdo in front of this man. But then, she remembered that he was the one stuck in the piss-stained floor, and not her. She stooped down, hissing slightly and wishing she had a pair of sunglasses. She held out a gloved hand to the man, hoping that he would accept it sooner, rather than later.
    I really am a ******** idiot.

Devin Malik
    ×××××××××××××××××××××
    ××××××××××××××××××

location × home sweet home
    status × B)
    company × teddy

××××××

Devin laughs. "Nah, no one's gonna get possessed. Not on my watch. I used to read all these scary stories about demons, and I guess I believed them enough to memorize a spell to keep that kind of bullshit away. Don't think I've ever encountered anything dangerous, though. Hey, maybe it worked."

Squeamish? Devin? He takes some time to consider it. "It depends, honestly. I think I've got a pretty strong stomach. Unless there's like--a ******** of blood or something. Then I get kinda sick." He wiggles his ring, tapping it against the back of his arm. "Ironic, right?"

They reach his apartment, and he pauses to unlock the door, closing it behind them.

Then he turns, making a sweeping gesture around the living room. "Ta-da. Not as much of a wreck as it usually is. I picked up all my trash the other night. Still haven't washed the goddamn dishes, though." With a shrug that says "oh well", he spins on his heel, heading towards his bedroom and motioning for Teddy to follow.

His camera sits beside his laptop, exactly where he left it. "See? Told you I knew where it was." With a triumphant grin, he turns it on just long enough to check the battery life. "All right, we're good." Pulling the strap over his head, he turns to face Teddy. "Ready to go?"

Literally Literallying

Wheezing Cultist

A towing company?

Well, that would definitely explain why Darren couldn't find the truck. Maybe he had parked it on the boardwalk the night before. Illegally. Well, at least that probably solved the mystery, although he heaved a sigh and ran a hand through his hair. This was a prede... ... Predic... Pradec...

This was a pickle.

"Sounds like that might actually make sense. Thanks Mel." That was crummy, but Darren shrugged it off as quickly as the news had hit him, and he switched on his camera again, holding it aloft and facing himself so that he could address the lens again.

"We're off to a good start here in Dong-berg." Oh, he was so clever. "Met this little lady here, Melody, and she thinks she mighta seen my truck being towed away today, by what mighta been a possibly angry tow-truck guy. So looks like we're gonna go make a new friend. Say hi, Mel," he said, and with a grin, turned the camera to face her instead.

"Wherever they took the truck's probably not open. Wanna go check out the rest of the town? Buddy told me about this seedy-a** motel that I wanted to check out."

With: Melody
    State: bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

PrincessSparkles95

Wheezing Cultist

Teddy was always floored when he heard Devin talk about spells and magic and s**t. To Teddy, Devin was like a real-life Harry Potter, except approximately a million times better and way more badass. After all, Hairy Pooter hadn't needed to draw blood to cast, and that was ******** crazy to Teddy.

"Yeah? Eh, b'ye, whaddother spells ya knows?" It occurred to him that he hadn't ever actually really asked. "Mean I'se knows the basics, ya scratch, blood, pwoaoaaarrrr-" he raised his hands theatrically to demonstrate, "an' boom, clap, l'ard t'underin' ya doen magic b'ye. But I'se never even really asked."

Could Devin summon things? Like, could he make things just appear? Maybe he could snap his fingers and make a weird demon monkey thing appear. Or maybe he could fly. Did Devin ride a broom? ... Was Devin a witch? No, ********, he was a sorcerer or something, right?

Teddy was so easily distracted with this kind of subject that he almost missed a vital fact in the conversation.

"Whoawhoawhoawhoa. Whoa, whassis, ya's scared'a blood? You, of all people?" Teddy grinned again, wider than ever, more of an a*****e than ever, and cracked up. "Jayses Christ Devin ya's got d'short end odda stick onnat eh?" ********, the poor guy.

So why was it funny?

Oh, right. Because Teddy was a d**k.

Once they were inside the apartment, Teddy stepped in and shoved his hands into his pockets, taking it all in. It was kind of cute. It wasn't even that bad a mess, nothing compared to what Teddy had seen among his other friends. As Devin moved, Teddy followed, and found himself standing at the bedside a moment later.

His eyes wandered a bit to the mattress and pile of blankets before him while Devin retrieved his camera, and for a moment, his mind wandered, too.

... No. No, he couldn't do that.

Devin's voice snapped him out of his daze and his grin returned. "Uh. Yeah. Yes, b'ye, s'get dafukk oudda here and go'an' find us some fukken ghosts."

State: head in the clouds

rasalhagues
    Devin Malik
    ×××××××××××××××××××××
    ××××××××××××××××××

location × home sweet home > donberg streets
    status × >B)
    company × teddy

××××××

Suddenly Devin wishes he was more skilled just so he could show off for Teddy.

"s**t, you've never seen me cast, have you? We gotta fix that. I'll show you something today, how's that sound?" He throws Teddy a crooked grin, eager to impress him. "There's a lot of s**t I haven't even tried, though. Bloodcasting is complicated. You need more blood for the fancy spells, and not all of them are as simple as painting some symbols. For obvious reasons, that makes it a little difficult for me."

He shakes his head, giving the redhead a jab with his elbow. "I know. You can laugh. It's hilarious in a ******** way."

After retrieving his camera, Devin glances over, catching Teddy spacing out by his bedside. An urge rises in him, but... no, now isn't the time. He aims the man a knowing smirk, grabbing a pair of pocket flashlights off a nearby table as he heads out the door. "Come on, then."

"Since we're gonna be snooping around during the day, it's safer to check out an area with less people." Back outside, he makes sure his door is locked before spinning on his heel and leading the way. "I don't want anyone to think we're up to something. So we're headed towards the outskirts of town." Fortunate for them that Donberg isn't a very big place, and they wouldn't have too far to walk.

"It's an old house at the edge of the woods." Excitement makes his heart flutter, but he resists the urge to quicken his pace. Casting a glance over his shoulder, he continues, "Real nice-looking place. Probably been deserted for ages."

Literally Literallying

Wheezing Cultist

Today? But that meant that Devin would need to draw blood, right? As much as Teddy wanted to see the magic for himself, he wasn't sure that it was worth the effort just for the sake of seeing it, especially knowing that Devin didn't like blood.

Althought..

"Nah. Nah, b'ye, I'se ain't gonna make y'show me, unless ya's got a way t'use other peoples' blood. Innat case lemme tap my nose, thing's been broke 'nough times b'ye, jus' takes a nudge an'ya godda fountain a'red." Like he was proud of it, or something, he just grinned to himself like the ******** that he was. "... Unless ya's gonna do some kinna weird love spell or somethin', then I'se gonna hafta pass b'ye."

And just what the ******** was that smirk for? Teddy caught it. Something knotted in him.

... Well, ********.

He followed Devin out, catching up in a jog because of another moment of distraction. "Oh, good. I'se wonder how many poor ******** got chopped up innit, f'it's a fukken house inna boonies. We's gonna die today b'ye."

No, really though, he was excited. And Devin was, too; Teddy could just feel it radiating from him.

"... Ya really love dis s**t eh?"

Teddy thought that was fantastic.

"C'mmon, ya's gotta move faster'ennat." He quickened his own pace. He could keep up. ******** what anyone else thought.

State: totally not about to freak out

rasalhagues

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out