Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Wait, you know who this Malal is? And he is a Chaos God?"

Kaos luckily didn't have the emotions to betray his thoughts. So it was impossible to tell what exactly he was thinking. Kaos remained calm as always. He didn't want Errol to suspect his connection with Malal.

"What can you tell me about him?"

Kaos had been trying to find out who Malal is since Malal contacted him claiming that Kaos was his son. He wasn't even aware that Malal was a Chaos God! Why would a Chaos God be related to him and interested in him? Kaos had more questions than answers. Hopefully Errol would be able to enlighten him. Kaos wanted to know as much as he could about this mysterious entity. And if need be, how to confront Malal.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Gaaah I want in on all the plotting! The stuff that Aiza passed on to me seems pretty awesome, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me manage to actually view the OOC thread. D:

It says I don't have permission to view that part of the forum whenever I try going to the thread. crying

Shy Explorer

Shin~The ladle monster!
Gaaah I want in on all the plotting! The stuff that Aiza passed on to me seems pretty awesome, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me manage to actually view the OOC thread. D:

It says I don't have permission to view that part of the forum whenever I try going to the thread. crying
I'm trying what I can, it would be easier if you got on ******** IM chat.

If it comes to it, I can just message a mod for you.

Versatile Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
"I most certainly do. There have been a number of times where I found myself fighting alongside his followers during the Guild wars of Urborg, though the number of times I found myself fighting against them seems to be in equal measure, as memory serves. Their ideas of loyalty can often change on little more than a whim. At any rate, Malal is a chaos god in a larger pantheon of such gods, who according to legend, turned away from the others like him. As such, the members of his many cults seek out and destroy other worshippers of other chaos gods. Many of them are imbued with strange powers, and have been known to create matter and energy seemingly out of nothing. It stands under close scrutiny that their abilities are not magical in nature, and come directly from their deity."

It was at that point that Errol emerged from behind the partition, picked up the first implement in a small row that laid atop the altar, and began to work.

His mutated assistant had moved the body into a more natural position, placing Nathan's head atop a smaller, raised portion of the table that was particularly well illuminated. The Mage took the tool, a serrated and very knife-like scalpel, and began to remove the cranium of the deceased. After only a few moments, the grey tissue of Nathan's brain laid exposed.

"I am surprised to hear that you know of him at all. I have only encountered his flock in Dominaria, and nowhere else. What is it that you want of him?"
Kaos rubbed his chin in deep thought. That would explain his powers. His ability to create energy and matter from nothing. Then Malal was not jesting when he claimed that he was his son. But what did it all mean?

"Is there a way to confront him?"

Kaos needed to know because he might have no other option than to confront his father.

"I am going to tell you something I haven't told anyone. During my confrontation with IV, this entity known as Malal contacted me and empowered me to the new suit you see before you. With this new power, I was able to help stop IV. He also claimed that I am his son, born of Chaos, born of Malal. But until now I never really believed it. IV hinted that I was never human to begin with. So all the pieces have fallen into place and it's evident then that I am most probably son of this Malal. I need to know if I can defeat him, in case it comes down to that. I am not going to let this Malal dictate my way of life. Father or no."

Shy Explorer

NEW THREAD IS OPEN!
Finish things here..

Or
TIME SKIP A MONTH FORWARD and make a post focusing on where your character is now.
Or something.

But we need a time skip to open the new thread.

Versatile Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
((Lets finish things here. I'd like to RP out the last events before Errol became the bad-guy. LOL ))

"Be very careful. Malal and the others are not to be trifled with. The gods of chaos are often cruel masters, and they have little concern for the lives of mortal men. I doubt even you might survive their wrath unscathed, should you meddle in whatever plans they may have for you. Take special caution with Malal; he is known to some as the 'great betrayer', and any god that would have his disciples hunt their own is not to be trusted."

The Necromancer inserted a long probe into Nathan's brain. A small glass orb at the end seemed to swirl to life, displaying images of places, memories of where Nathan had been throughout his lifetime.

Errol adjusted the needle every few seconds, searching for the correct memory. Eventually he stopped, peering into the glass for several moments.

A particular location had looked strikingly familiar, a room lit in pale blue torch light, the walls stacked high with scrolls. A golden cube laid in what appeared to be Nathan's palms. The object changed shape and a black smoke issued from it. Nathan dropped the object to the floor before the smoke engulfed him. The memory played over and over at the end of the probe. The Mage pulled it from it's place and laid it on the table.

The Mage leaned on the edge of the altar, clearly frustrated.

"The artifact is in the Sanctuary. It has been there the entire time."

He slammed his fist into the stone.

"Gods, damn him! I have wasted all this time looking for what was right in front of me! I have half a mind to raise this insufferable being just so I may have the pleasure of killing him again!"

Errol moved again behind the partition and removed the lab-clothes, changing back into his previous dress before making for the door.

"We have no time to wait any longer. We must go. I will tell you more of Malal on our way to the artifact."

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

"Evil demon... begone from this mortal avatar!
          I won't suffer such darkness to exist inside of my creation!"

"Such power... must keep control of this body.
          Lower beings... filth... SILENCE! You are mine now... you belong to Tak."

"Errol!"_______________________________________________________

"I will cast this foul aberration into the sea, for my father Kraken to devour.
          I will regain control!"

"Chaos... Death... Anarchy..."

"Get... get out. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
          Errol... Errol, please, save me..!"

-------------------

Nobody had seen Jezebel since they had first arrived at the citadel. She had been around, of course - the first thing Tak had done, was to explore. Evaluate the opportunities to be had for chaos and disorder. And oh, were there ever opportunities. Possessed by Tak, Jezebel had every intention of driving a wedge between these people, this self-entitled heroes of the Enclave. And the hunters. Ohhh those hunters!

Thankfully, they did not seem to be suspicious of Jezebel. The bracelet around her wrist saw to that. They believed the bracelet kept her immune to possession, not realizing that she had already been lost when they gave it to her.

Unfortunately for Tak, Jezebel's head was not a nice place to be. It was so... so cramped! And the headache was only getting worse. The voices, they never shut up. They kept struggling, kept protesting! Even that nosy, arrogant, annoying goddess... that Yzavel could withdraw her consciousness at any time and make things far easier for Tak, but no; she had to be difficult.

Both hands pressed firmly against her ears (as if that might drown out the voices) Jezy/Tak stumbled about the halls with a pained expression on her face. Her dark inky blue hair swirled and billowed around her as if constantly being buffeted by some current or wind... a physical manifestation of the chaotic aura that surrounded her as three magical entities all vied for control within one fragile mind.

"Power... I need more POWER!"

Tak had intended to remain in this body for some time while causing havoc... but it was becoming clear that this could not be the case. The constant struggle for control was burning out his host incredibly quickly. Already the physical signs of exhaustion and fatigue were beginning to show on Jezebel's body, her skin held a sickly pallor and her eyes had dark circles beneath them. Tak either needed more power, or would need to jump to another host before the body died completely.

Luckily, Tak knew where to find more power, and how to lure his next target to him all in one fell swoop. All Tak had to do, was rip the information out of the girl's brain.

It was not a pleasant process. The girl, Jezebel, was surprisingly fierce and stubborn, considering she was barely real in the first place. For an unnatural imitation of a person, she sure had a strong will. She resisted, for a time, but eventually Tak found the information it was looking for, in the form of a memory. Before Tak's mind's eye, a door opened to reveal a chamber - Errol's bedchamber. And from there, another door... a secret door, which would lead Tak to the power it needed...

Stumbling and muttering, the possessed mermaid began climbing the stairs of the tower that would lead to Errol's chambers. All the while, trapped in her own mind, Jezebel's voice had dimmed to a whisper. A small, meek, broken kind of whisper of desperation caused her to reach out to the only person she had left that could hear her... the very goddess that she so resented.

"I... I can't win control of my own body... not from you, not from Tak. So you can have it. I'll... I'll help you take over, better you than it. Just promise me that you'll help Errol..."

"River sweep away my რ ε რ σ r ΐ ε ֆ."
Kaos face did not show that what Errol had said worried him. But the truth was Kaos was indeed quite troubled. Even Errol, who was possibly the only person to rival him in power had no clue on how to defeat Malal. Deep down Kaos knew that there was no possible way for him to fight Malal who was after all a Chaos god and certainly had to be extremely powerful in the ways of Chaos and the Warp. Malal had also said that Kaos powers were actually granted to him by his status of being the son of Malal, born of Chaos. But although he was a very powerful being, he had his limitations and restrictions. Whereas Malal had probably unlimited Warp Energies... In a fight against Malal, Kaos was sure to fail... Unless he utilized Chaos Undivided. But that was a gamble...

Kaos reverie was broken when Ethan and Catalina joined them just as Errol was informing Kaos were the artifact of Tak was hidden.

"Errol, Catalina and I must leave immediately. We have received word of a terrible threat greater than Tak. Therefore we must leave with haste. We trust that you and your companions can deal with Tak, now that you know were the artifact is."

Ethan gave Errol a scroll.

"There you will find how to seal the artifact and render it useless. Also you will find information of how to send Tak back to his actual realm. We bid you farewell and good luck."

With that the Hunters left.

Kaos closed his eyes slightly as if he were slightly annoyed at the Hunters. Very convenient for them to appear and unleash this hell and then leave things for Errol and Kaos to clean up.

"I guess it is up to us to stop Tak, now that the useless Hunters are gone. They weren't much help anyway. We've faced worse things and have come out on top. And now that we know Tak can't possess you, we have the edge. Let us prepare before heading to the Sanctuary. We do not know if Tak has possessed someone else. I am completely certain that he would not leave his artifact unguarded. Also I need to recover my energies."

Kaos was as powerful as Superman and perhaps more. But unlike Superman, Kaos had a more severe limit and restrictions to use his powers. He could not remain in this powerful state for as long as he wished. His superhuman prowess and powers were only accessed through the suit. In order for the suit to manifest itself in real space, it had to fuel itself on a limited amount of Warp Energy. The suit has considerable levels of these energies but they are not unlimited. Whenever the suit is inactive, it quickly recharges its reserves but while active it slowly depletes them. The suit could not be used if it had no Warp Energy. Furthermore using the suits powers depletes the reserves even faster. And given everything that had happened and the amount of time Kaos had been constantly using the suit it was near depletion. Kaos suit at that moment required immediate recharging. The suit became the now familiar liquid and receded into Kaos back. Kaos was now in his usual human guise.

"I'm no good without my suit. So we should wait so it can recharge and then we ready ourselves for whatever Tak has laid out for us at the Sanctuary."

Versatile Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Mage stopped in mid-stride just a few feet from the door. He took the scroll, and without a word he waved the hunters away, dismissing him. Their utter uselessness in the very moment they were needed irritated Errol to no end.

"How long will it take for your suit to regain it's energies? Now that we are aware of the artifact's location, I believe it is prudent to act quickly. I would like to see this done before the Enclave falls to this foul parasite."

Versatile Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
((Not sure what's going on, don't really care. If you've got beef with Vision, take it to PM please. We're trying to run the last event in this thread. Thanks.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff