Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Katerina Drake

Speaking With: All those there

Katerina knew what Rohesia was saying, but she didn't care at this point. She had grown tired of waiting around to find him, she wanted answers to questions he implanted in her mind, and only he could answer them. The fact that he had been this close to her these last few days made her feel completely mindless and deficient, something Leto had said he would fix if given the help. Though Rohesia said not to trust her, Katerina didn't want anything else now.

She followed her up the stairs. That was when everything went haywire...

All of a sudden, Adelaide switched into attack mode, but there didn't seem to be any danger anywhere. The fox dashed up the stairs without hesitation, barking and snarling his teeth. "Adelaide, NO! What are you doing?" Katerina had no choice but to run after him. But it didn't make sense why he was snarling like that, he was never wrong on instinct, she knew that much. Just to be sure, Katerina drew her bow and run up after him, Rohesia following behind not sure what the commotion was all about.

"Adelaide, what are you-" She stopped mid sentence, one of the room doors was wide oped and it sounded like quite the commotion going on in there. Her heart raced so fast, she couldn't pay attention to any of the words, but she could hear the voices. One of them was definitely Stilgar's, and he sounded like he was in trouble. Not an option I can allow. She peered in and saw him looking like he was chained, but saw nothing on him. The woman said something about Katerina being another Family member she'd kill later or something, but that was enough. Without hesitation to think this time Katerina went to fire her first arrow. She hoped to hit the woman's foot just for the joy of hearing her yelp but live with the pain for it was not enough to kill of coarse. Only stopped a half second before letting go when the people started to vanish. Vanish?

But then they started to vanish, like a teleporter, one by one, only Stilgar didn't look like he was being dragged into disappearing. A portal? Katerina was never told of such things being possible before, probably because she was a lady and not like her brother. But she had read of such things in story books, or maybe they weren't just stories after all. But when Leto started to disappear too, Katerina's heart lurched. She needed him alive, she needed his help. You are not vanishing away from me that easily! To many people have done that to me already!

Katerina looked behind her to call for Adelaide, only to find what he had been barking for. It was that blasted viper again! That thing could easily poison little Adelaide with just one bite. She had to sound more assertive. "Adelaide, COME NOW!" She swung her bow over a shoulder and held her arms out. Adelaide knew that voice, that was his master's "now or die" voice. Immediately, he ran away from the snake and jumped into her safe arms.

No time was spent thinking, Katerina ran on complete adrenaline and instinct; she jumped into what she could only assume was an invisible portal after the last person walked in. But as she jumped, Katerina felt someone grab onto her arm with a painful grip. It was Rohesia. Rohesia! She had nearly forgot about her friend. Was she trying to hold her back? Katerina was more than halfway through at this point, there was no way she could be pulled back now. That was when she felt Rohesia push her the last way in and more, the strength and momentum against the push must have been what dragged her friend in as well, because as far as she could tell, Rohesia had been dragged in far enough for the portal to form around the last of her body still left. Somehow, they had formed a bond Katerina was fond of. She was so sure she would never have a friend that would risk their life to be with her. Katerina hoped they were all heading to the same place, she couldn't afford to be separated from Stilgar again. "Gods help me be right... She closed her eyes and held on tight to her dear Adelaide...

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Ogden (Cavandia)
Speaking With: Solomon Crowley

Victor laughed at the sight of the men fighting over the key as he led Crowley out of the Inn and to the horse stable. When they arrived the shopkeeper was still there and had the saddles hooked up to the gorgeous horses. There ya are, I was beginning to think you weren’t coming back. I coulda kept the money AND the horses.

Sorry my good man, I got delayed.”

Well here ya go, there all yours now. The shopkeeper still looked a bit unhappy so Victor used the Conduit one more time to give the man a bit of happiness. The shopkeeper smiled and then wandered off back to the stables.

Victor turned to Crowley with both reins in his hands, “Pick one Sir. Both horses looked at Crowley and Victor could almost swear they were sizing the man up. They had an intelligence in their eyes that made Victor think there was almost more to these horses…

Interesting Businessman

Leto Fenring

User Image
Current Location: The Chantry
Speaking With: Slevin, Ariel, Katerina & The Marovin Twins

Leto was cursing every God in the heavens that he had been captured by that hag. She dared to judge him when she just admitted to planning the assassinations of Families of Power. He was being dragged through the hall of pillars when suddenly a familiar figure materialized through the Portal.

It was Katerina, and that fox of hers. He could still speak so he tried to turn his head to Ariel, You screwed up hag, look who you brought with us.”

Before either of them could respond he shouted, “Katerina, kill them! They are trying to kill me!

He was laughing, for someone who cared so much about justice and apparently about secrecy, the hag and screwed up and let the portal stay open. And now she had brought someone she had not intended to wherever they were.

His mind was already scheming away.

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image
apprentice Rohesia, is there a problem? ;; here is my body, in going through a portal and we speak, Katerina. Probably dying.

Katerina's fox went mad. She followed the girl and pet into the room she had found was Leto's. The conversation inside was overheard, causing Rohesia to frown. Then, the two rushed in--to an empty room. For a moment, she thought good riddance, and oh ********]. The lady she had been traveling with and considering protecting decided to run toward the strange portal. She was insane. Rohesia reacted immediately by giving chase and a latching onto her arm. Anger erupted and she was about to give her a tongue lashing in addition to a punch to the face.

She tried to pull the mad woman back from the unknown and likely dangerous situation on the other end when instead, she was pulled through as well...

...so much for that. Katerina, kill them! They are trying to kill me!

User Image
Katerina Drake

Speaking With: Rohesia, Stilgar/Leto, & Whoever his kidnappers are

"Katerina, kill them! They are trying to kill me!" His words rang through Katerina's ears. Kill him? The words didn't make sense to her. As far as she knew, the man had only committed two crimes; one that she was still in the process of forcing herself to forgive him for and the other no one else should have figured out his plan of overtaking Astral Bodies. Why else would they want to kill him? Unless they knew about his Astral plan, but still, how would they have known? Katerina guessed that the chances of these people wanting to kill him for the reason of a criminal mix up was more likely than them knowing his secret plan to override Astral Bodies. Besides, it's still worth it protecting him because he's still more valuable to me a criminal than a dead criminal. Katerina put down Adelaide and strung her bow in the blink of an eye, archery was one of her best talents. As she pulled her arm back to shoot for the woman (Hey, she's the one that threatened to kill her. Not exactly at the top of her good list.) she noticed she couldn't pull back. Rohesia was still holding onto her arm, her arrow arm. As much as Katerina tried to pull back enough to release, she couldn't go back far enough. Rohesia's grip only tightened.

It must have looked alarming enough though, seeing how the arrow was already pointed at the woman's chest.

Dangerous Genius

Ariel Wyant
The Chantry
User Image

Speaking With: Katerina Drake

"This is becoming quite a disaster." Ariel exclaimed, and reached for more Threads and made sure to yank the Weaves of the entrance portal loose to avoid any more unwanted guests. Slevin reached for the magic of his Conduit again and displayed it by letting electricity move freely around his forearms. Katerina Drake had an arrow pointed at Ariel's chest, but thanks to the young apprentice of The Syndicate, she was unable to pull her arm back far enough to get an effective shot. It was all the time needed to take action.

The Threads dropped and roped themselves around Katerina's fox, yanking it toward Ariel. "Katerina, darling..." She made the Threads visible and wrapped some more around Adelaide's snout to prevent her from biting. "Please put down your bow. If that arrow flies, I will move this lovely creature into it's path and you will be responsible for it's death."

Ariel loved animals, but she also knew how to find the proper leverage to turn things in her favor, and right now, she just wanted to not have an arrow protruding from her chest. If that meant using a fox as a shield, she would do it. "Please, Katerina. Why is that arrow pointed at me anyway? Why protect this man?"

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Ogden
Speaking With: Victor Thornias

"I'll take the black one. White really isn't my color." Crowley put his foot in the stirrup and pulled himself onto the horse, and was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the saddle was. "How much did you spend on these horses? They're magnificent beasts... But I hope the price wasn't as extravagant as this pair."

Anything more than thirty Drathian gold pieces would have been unacceptable. The amount of Cavandian gold that a Drathian gold piece could be sold for was enough to feed a family for a couple weeks without having to worry about work. Anything more than thirty pieces and the man who sold Victor the horses could retire. But it wasn't that Crowley didn't want to give the man a fair price... It was that they had to make it from one end of Cavandia to another on a limited amount of gold. They had come with one-hundred gold pieces, one hundred silver, and two hundred copper. It was a small fortune to the people of Cavandia, but just barely enough to trek across this massive landscape...

It would have to be spent wisely.

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image
apprentice Rohesia, is there a problem? ;; here is my body, in IDON'TKNOW and we speak, Katerina, Leto and who... are you guys?

Rohesia felt her fingers slip as Katerina moved and she realized that the girl was going to kill someone who had captured Leto. Without much thought put into it, she grabbed hold of the Drake's arm again with more force than before, but she didn't try throwing her off balance. "Stop!" she ordered and her eyes widened at the sudden movement of Adelaide. The old woman got a hold of the dear friend of Katerina's and she threatened its life. She could have just done the same with her other prisoner, Leto, since he occupied a good man's body.

"Now that's foul," she scowled, moving ever so slowly to put herself in front of Katerina as she carefully eyed the man lit up with magic. Rohesia would protect Katerina if the others attacked, but she was also going to make sure she wasn't the one to make the first move, especially if it was on the order of a laughing lunatic she didn't particularly like.

"Put Adelaide down--" she bit her lip, about to promise that the only thing the hag was going to suffer was a rearrangement of her face, but that just might not work in Rohesia's favor. "--and tell us where the ******** we are while you're at it." Her hand not reaching back to touch Katerina went to her mace, holding it there for easy access. Rohesia would bludgeon Leto to death herself for this mess if she could.

User Image
Katerina Drake

Speaking With: Some woman I don't like

"Katerina, darling... Please put down your bow. If that arrow flies, I will move this lovely creature into it's path and you will be responsible for it's death." Katerina was not normally one to loose her temper so easily, but this woman was really, Really starting to tick her off. Nobody messed with her sweet Adelaide, woman or no woman. As ropes became visible around her fox, Katerina sucked in a breath to keep from saying something she'd regret. There was no way she was about to risk shooting her dear Adelaide. But she didn't exactly want to cooperate like a sweet little princess either, the way that woman talked made her feel like one of the many frilly dolls she used to get for every occasion from daddy, she didn't want to be treated like a spoiled daddy's-girl, not now when this was serious. Katerina continued to hold to arrow steady, but stopped trying to move her arm back to shoot. This would have to be good enough for now.

"Please, Katerina. Why is that arrow pointed at me anyway? Why protect this man?" And why are you being so polite to someone holding an arrow to your heart? She must be up to something, the way she's acting doesn't make sense, she's too calm, what's her backup? Katerina took a quick glance around to scan the faces. Stilgar or Leto was kneeling on the ground, two boys that looked oddly like twins were off to one side, she could feel Rohesia behind her...and one other man. There was a man near that woman, he looked dangerous just by simple glance. And were his arms glowing? No, they were sparking, almost like mini lightning bolts hovering around his arms. Before she could become more dazed, Katerina snapped her gaze back to the woman talking to her. "Why not protect him? Excluding my past, he's looking like the better person in this room to spare at the moment. I do believe you were the one who said you didn't care what happened to me, that you've assassinated My Kind before, like Lords and even their daughters. Perhaps I should kill you now for the 'sake of justice'." She looked directly into the eyes of the woman. "Am I ringing a bell there?"

Katerina looked back at the man at what she could only assume were twins, then back at her, checking that no one was moving yet. She tried her best not to talk too much about her relationship with Stilgar, not wanting them to know how valuable he was to her at this time.

Dangerous Genius

Ariel Wyant
The Chantry
User Image

Speaking With: Katerina Drake

"I did say that, yes." Ariel admitted. "And that still remains true. I don't care if you live or die, but I see no reason that you have to die now... And if you had truly been listening, I'm sure you heard the part where Leto said you would be killed if we didn't let him go. He was the one who threatened your life, not me. I simply shrugged it off.

"But tell me, Katerina. Would you care if I died? Would you lose any sleep if you heard that this old woman was murdered, especially since you had never met me before?"
Ariel moved Adelaide closer to herself and pet the fox behind the ears. "I have organized the assassinations of many people before. There is a lot of blood on my hands. But we've never killed without reason. The man you defend raped a girl that Slevin here holds very dear. This is why we tracked him."

Slevin stepped forward, the lightning still held around his arms. "It's true. Fae Maridan. She and I both came from Serith. This man tracked her to The City of Azoth where she and I have been staying and he raped her. Fae managed to kill him, but he is a former member of a Guild known as The Syndicate. He lived on by placing his Astral Body in another vessel, then taking control of this body later. This body belongs to another Guild member... He used it to flee to Serith. He is a hard man to kill, but he still needs to be brought to justice."

Slevin stepped back and Ariel spoke up again, still petting the fox. "I implore you, Katerina. Lay down your bow. If you feel it is justice to kill me now, so be it. But I will not hesitate to defend myself. And I would rather not kill you before explaining why I had to organize those assassinations. I am not a tyrant, darling. I am merely a hand that reaches for the greater good."

Interesting Businessman

Leto Fenring

User Image
Speaking With: Slevin, Ariel, Katerina, Rohesia & The Marovin Twins

“Katerina, don’t listen to them! Leto was beginning to slightly panic, he couldn’t hold on to the body as Stilgar burst through.

Whoever you are, don’t kill him. He isn’t an animal, but he needs to be contained. I’ve seen who he is, he’s a tortured soul, and insane.”

Shut up! Leto took control once more and then continued on, “Oh you hag, you tried to kill me once before, and you think that everyone should bow to you. And you Slevin, so high and mighty, where were you when Fae needed you most?”

User Image
Katerina Drake

Speaking With: Some woman

"As a member of a Family, yes, I would care if you died by my hand because it would be unfair for me to kill you because of Our code of honor. The Families always prefer to kill in open battle rather than cowering behind assassins like you apparently do. No matter how good your reason may seem to your, do You think that They would agree to their killing? I think not. So from the angle you're trying to use, I'm starting to veer towards killing without our code of honor just for you." Of corse, Katerina wasn't really thinking about fighting in such savage ways, not with Adelaide this close to the danger.

That was when Stilgar or Leto bursted in. Yelling and talking in an odd fashion. She guessed that he was fighting with the other Body again, like what happened during their meal, only this time, the other Body didn't seem tortured, it seemed like he wanted to help. She heard him tell her not to listen to these people, but after that multi-personality squabble, she was willing to at least listen.

Katerina lowered her bow and pointed the arrow to the ground, but still kept it strung in case of emergency. "Alright. I still find no solid reason to trust you more than Stilgar right now, for all I know, you could be lying. But as a Family member, I suppose it is my responsibility to at least listen to what you have to say before I make any rash decisions. But on one condition...........Lay those filthy hands of yours off...my...fox.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

location; Castle Dorian
    speaking with; Alessandra Lodricar and others.

"You're stronger than this. You must be."

Elle turned her chin up and disentangled herself from her guard. She nodded in recognition and straightened her posture, dabbing the tears from her eyes. "Take them away from me. My stomach is too weak..." She said softly. Her husband's voice was like thunder through the halls of Dorian. He made her proud. They had much left to learn, at their ages, but his maturity was remarkably greater. He had the makings of a Lord. 

"There will never be a day again where someone doesn't wish my blood be spilt." Her hand touched her veil gently, pulling out from under it one soft golden curl. She mused over the thought quietly, listening to her blood thrum in her ears until the return of her husband. She smiled at them both kindly as she pulled herself from her reverie. "We have guests we must tend to. Let's not let a good party to ruin because of a mere threat."

The feast was relaxing. The number of those elder than Elle and her groom dwindled the farther into the day it got. There was a lot of laughter and dancing amongst those who had grown up together. There were ladies who had been at Elle's side from her birth, noble knights who had stolen kisses from the bride when they were all hardly six summers old. They had all changed in so many ways. There was no mention of those who were not with them, but there were several taken to the war that would never see their dearest Elle wed. 

The bluest pair of eyes in the room carefully scanned over Droston, a pale, freckled hand brushing black curls back behind her ear. There was only one woman in Drathia who rivaled the beauty of Elle; Selene Therin, noble by marriage and the object of court gossip. She was a snake, and yet somehow still the Lady's best friend. 

She could charm a man with wicked grace. She was not known as the mistress of deceit for no reason. Selene Therin was out for blood. With a c**k of her eyebrow and the swipe of her tongue across her lip, she could tell she had the interest of a certain Lord captured. Right under the nose of a certain Jewel as well.

Dangerous Genius

User Image
User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Leto Fenring & Katerina Drake & Ariel Wyant & Rohesia Malle

That had been the last straw for Slevin. He kicked Leto directly in the stomach and pushed him to the ground. "Slevin, no!" Ariel said, but was not about to take her eyes off Katerina Drake.

"Where was I?" Slevin grabbed Leto by the throat and allowed the lightning granted to him by the Conduit spill into Stilgar's body. "I was learning to use this power. I was honing the abilities I will use to kill you." He poured a massive current of electricity into Leto and then dropped him to the ground and turned back to the group. Stilgar now had electrical burns on his throat, but he was alive.

"Slevin, that was foolish." Ariel said, still petting the fox.

"I don't care."

"Katerina, if I may, for but a moment, answer the question of your foul-mouthed friend." Ariel turned her gaze just a notch to face the red-haired girl. "Rohesia Malle." Does Ariel know everyone's name? "We're in a place called The Chantry. A secret shared only with the highest ranking members of all The Guilds. And now you and Katerina." Her gaze shifted back to the girl holding the bow... Who had thankfully lowered it.

Katerina had made her own demands and Ariel obliged, letting the Threads slip off the fox and then placing her gently on the ground, making sure to pet the creature one more time before it wandered back to it's master. "She really is a precious creature. You said her name was Adelaide? ... It's fitting.

"Now, Katerina. Leto and these twins must be taken to a dungeon. I can have you and Rohesia escorted to a suite. I will meet you there once Leto and the twins have been placed in their cells."
Ariel smiled but she was still on edge. She could deflect arrows with her Threads, Slevin was sure... But Adelaide had been her shield against even the attempt of letting that arrow fly. "Once I am done with them, I will come to you and explain everything you need to know about those assassinations and the good that came from them."

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Ogden (Cavandia)
Speaking With: Solomon Crowley

Victor grinned at Crowley rather sheepishly then said, “
Twenty-five gold pieces. We could have gotten two others for fifteen but since we’re going to be doing a lot of traveling, I reasoned that it would be better to get the best.”

He strode up to the white horse and decided he had to give the horse a name, How’s… Arthas.”

The horse nickered at the name slightly but blinked with a warmth in its eyes. Arthas it is then.

He climbed onto his horse and looked to Crowley, “Well Master, I got us the transportation, you lead the way. He said with a slightly sarcastic grin, he was trying to get more comfortable around Crowley, especially since they were in a completely new land and he didn’t have to be careful about being seen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff