Renée Young - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
User Image
I don't know how I came to this
There is blood lust in my eyes
And someone in my mind saying
"I have forced you here
I'm hiding, right here inside
you"

Renée had trouble making it down the third maybe? flight of stairs, her ears ringing in a deafening frequency. She was trying to remember which floor she was on, but it seemed that maybe she was finally on the main floor. The buzz in her head has making her nauseous, hindering her process in exiting the fast-burning building. A hand went up to her head, touching an aching spot and glancing at the fingers coming back with blood. She was injured, more than likely she had knocked her noggin in the explosion.

The door to the outside was in her sights, but she could feel herself weakening, most likely from the extra precautions she went through to make sure there was building damage. Without a further thought, she looped a finger behind the frame of her glasses and flung the item off from her face.

Walking on the cement bare-footed was somewhat unpleasant, plus the woman's head ached, which was not good at all. She paused behind a couple of parked cars, looking back to see much of the flames already seemed to be gone, or perhaps relocated? This was not pleasing at all, temper already flaring, just waiting for an outlet.

The poor nurse that came by to check on her didn't even see it coming. Renée slammed her head harshly into the trunk of the black BMW that was parked next to her. A sick smile tugged at her lips, finding it wonderful that the brunette nurse had gone limp beneath her hands. Or maybe she was stunned? Either way, best to not dwell on it. "Needed your shoes, b***h." The comment was rough, hands quickly removing the low-heels the insignificant woman wore. 'A size too small, but it doesn't matter. I've got other matters to attend to'

The sun was going down and she still had the library to take care of tonight.

She removed the remaining grenade from her lab coat, untucking her shirt to make sure it fit snugly against her flesh with her belt. The fact that the item could instantly cause her death gave the female a rush, it was almost better than fooling around with some stranger. She had to bite back a moan at the danger the simple action held. The remaining spool of wire was also in the coat, though she wasn't sure what she would do with that. It was better to bring it, just in case. With that, she discarded the white garment and headed far away from the hospital.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Location: Salem General Hospital, then exits XXXXCompany: Alone XXXXAttire: Just The Usual...Again XXXXMood: Confused, heady
User Image
Kal Rivers

Kal sat down just as a loud explosion was heard and the cups and plates shook including the cafe itself. He quickly stood up and ran back outside and saw the fire and smoke coming from the hospital. He stood in complete shock for a moment before pulling keys back on of his pocket and speeding to the hospital. It was worse then he had ever imagined people rushing out some severely wound and covered in ash while others lay on the ground lifeless. He parked his car not being able to get any closer to the hospital due to the firefighters and police.

Kal ran up to the scene and quickly looked around for anyone he could possibly help before he saw a women Renee (he didn't know her but) and a nurse. He started to rush and help the dazed women before a smile was seen on her lips as she slammed the nurse's head into the BMW and steal her shoes. He would thought she was one of the psychotic patients until she pulled the grenade out of the coat. He immediately reached into his jacket and unbuttoned his shoulder holster. He drew his pistol and started towards Renee.

Renee took off and so did Kal. He wasn't about to let her get away for all he knew she couldn't have been the one responsible for this and having the grenade was helping her case either. "HEY YOU!" he yelled as he sent a quick gust of wind at her hoping it would topple her over. "Why don't you take that out of your pocket slowly." he said to her.

Shameless Nerd

User Image

Cassandra June Marchesi
Location: In the ***** Van xD ♪ With: Vex, Ayano, Joanna, Karth and Carmen ♪ Action: Being a Loon
Outfit

Consciousness poured back into Cass's mind. Her brain churned over her memories trying to piece together who she was and what was going on. Her name was Cassandra June and she liked music. That was the first thing that came to her, but there were holes. It was like looking at a puzzle with missing pieces. She could see the size and shape of what was supposed to go there, but she didn't know what it looked like.

Cruelly, the memories of what had never happened burned in her mind as clear as day. They mocked her by bringing images of the day the guard had come for her family. Alisa crying in fear as their father had his teeth knocked out by the butt of a gun. Her mother begging with the men for the safety of Alisa and Cassandra. Now the image of the red-head's death in the alley was burned into Cass's thoughts as well. Hot tears welled up behind closed eyes as she recalled tragedies that had never been.

Slowly her consciousness extended to the rest of her body. She could feel herself being held by someone. Her head pressed against their chest she could hear the steady beating of their heart. It was a comforting sound. The heartbeat paired with the rhythm of their chest rising and falling with each breath helped to blunt the pain of Cass's unmemories. She began to hum a hushed melody to complement the rhythm and beat. A blush colored her cheeks under the dried blood when she realized this was strange, even for her.

Opening her eyes she saw a man she didn't know. Or maybe one she didn't remember anymore? Cass studied his face. He had green eyes and a strong jaw but nothing about these features were familiar. Why was she in his lap? What was happening? What had happened?

"Um..." She started tentatively, looking around. They were in the front seat of a van with several others, including the red-head from the alley. She was looking worse for wear, but alive. This caused a small smile to appear on Cass's face. That was good news at least. Her attentions turned back to the stranger holding her.

"I'm sorry. I'm afraid I don't know what's going on. Or...or I don't remember." Her voice was soft and shaking.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
User Image

Hear the sound. the ˚˚angels˚˚ come-screaming d o w ny o u r v o i c e
ι'vє, heard you've been B l e e d i n g ! ! ! Make your choice,
♩♪♫♬ They say you've been p-p-pleading,
Someone (s)(a)(v)(e) Us
Heaven h e l p u s now, come crashing down..

User Image

• • • • • • • • • •

Delilah was pouring Karth's coffee at the time of the explosion. It had come without warning and as it went off she could feel the very vibration echo in her bones. Her heart beat quicker as she slammed the pot of coffee onto the counter out of shock and tuned her head to the front of the cafe where the windows were. Everything shook and the sound of glass clattering together swam throughout the room. Just then Delilah heard a shatter and her head snapped over in Ayano and Karth's direction with an uneasy look in time to see Ayano take off the door only to be followed by Karth soon after. "Be careful! Don't get into any trouble...." She called out but he was out of earshot by the time she had made it around the counter. The rest of the customers were stuck in a hushed confusion and their worried whispers were the only sound for a few moments before Delilah's phone rang. Everyone's gaze along with her own was directed out the window. What could that have been?

Delilah walked back over to the counter and picked up the phone with a shaken voice at first before clearing her throat. "Yes... hello? No I can't hear you..... Where the hell are you?" It was one of the other informants she was associated with. She could barely hear him over the racket in the background but was able to make out one word and that was fire. After the line went dead Delilah hung up the phone and walked out to the front of the cafe and stood in the doorway. A bit of time passed by and as she waited she took note of those around her. A few people were on their phones and others were jogging down to the right side of the street where she had seen Ayano take off. Just then another one of the informants came running her way.

"Delilah-"

"What the hell is going on? What was that?"

"We don't know yet. After it happened we got a text from Rob saying that the Hospital was trashed and in flames but that's all we got. Have you heard anything?"

"I think he tried to call the cafe a few minutes ago but there was too much going on in the background and I couldn't hear a thing. All I got out of it was 'fire'."

"Well I'm heading down there right now. I'll have someone come by and take over so we can pick you up and bring you down too? There still might be people caught in all that s**t down there." The woman said as she started to walk away but Delilah quickly grabbed her shoulder to stop her for a moment.

"When you get down there..... Let me know if you see a man with dark hair, glasses and a lab coat... A doctor. His name is Karth. I think he might be down there..."

"Delilah it was a hospital..... there is going to be a lot of doctors around there..... But yeah... I'll keep an eye out. We'll come back to pick you up and I'll keep in touch to fill you in."

And with that the woman went off running down the street. Her words had been a little assuring but the worry for Karth and Ayano still lingered at the back of her mind. Karth was an adult.... he could take care of himself. He was a doctor after all..... still the feeling that he might get himself into trouble or that something might happen to him while he was down there made Delilah's worry grow with each passing minute. Standing behind the counter she drummed her fingers on it's surface with anticipation. Hoping that within moments she would see Karth's car drive up again and him and the red haired woman would walk into the cafe only to say that everything was alright and they were okay. But it didn't happen. It could be that he was busy helping others at the scene..... but still the thought did not ease her mind. Pulling out her cellphone Delilah dialed in Karth's number before pinning the phone against her ear with her shoulder as she handed a customer another mug of coffee and their change. Maybe she was acting too paranoid.... still it didn't hurt to check right?

• • • • • • • • • •

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxUser Image

{Out.Of.Cupcakes: n//a}

Blessed Genius

User Image
Eaon Verite

An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind

Eaon awoke with a jolt as some tremors went through her body, "Wha... the hell was that," she slurred, looking around the room for the source, but found nothing. She looked at her watch and realized she had been napping for close to an hour, it had been another boring day. She yawned and wiped the drool from the side of her mouth before one of her partners burst into the room and asked, "Hey did you hear that explosion!?" Oh, that was what woke me up, she thought as her partner picked up a television remote and turned on the news.

Images of the hospital on fire showed up on screen. "Oh my God, that's horrible," said her partner, turning up the sound to listen to the reporter. Eaon was watching the screen, but the fuzziness of the of the set and smoke from the fire was making it hard to see anything. She left her office and climbed to stairwell up out and on to the roof of the building and looked in the direction of the hospital. She focused on the building and, even though she was a couple of miles away, clearly made sight of the fire and the commotion of people watching or working around it. She frowned, "This doesn't make sense," she muttered to herself, "I don't see how this action is favorable to either Vex or the elect resistance. I guess I now have a legitimate reason for going to that meeting, assuming it's still on tonight,"

She made her way back down to her office, grabbed her stuff and then clocked out before heading down to her car. She climbed into the drivers seat, throwing the bag of looted weapons and tech onto the passengers seat, and started the car. She needed to pick up her money from the assassination she performed last night before driving to Heavenly Nights Bar. She parked a block away and then walked to the back door of the building, putting on her mask when she was sure no one was watching her. She was five minutes earlier the the prescribed time, so she hid herself in the shadows opposite the door. waiting for it to open.

I guess then the goal is blind the rest of the world first.

I am here: Outside Heavenly Nights Bar
I am with: Nobody
I am feeling: patient

((Monkey OOC, OOc, Ooc: ))
User Image
Climt couldn't help but smile at Ariadnae's obvious fluster. He was enjoying the effect he was having on her. Not that she wasn't effecting him too. Climt didn't meet many women like her in his line of work. Certainly none that had looks and sanity. Too bad they were on the opposite sides of the line. Maybe if things were different...

"Well my hands are always at your service." He winked.

"The meeting tonight is why I'm here. Although it's always nice to find a quiet place to read. I'd be glad to help you set up, just tell me what needs to be done."

((OOC: Short post is short. Figured we should get to the meeting so Renee can blow it up))
User Image

Ariadnae blushed feeling that her drugs were wearing off. She touched nothing else for fear that she may be a bit worked up and cause a small explosion which she would have a hard time explaining to the customers. "If you want you can wipe down the tables and put some of these books away. They are categorized by genre and last name of the author on the spine." She would have placed some specific ones in his care, but it was best she go in the bathroom and pop a pill. "I'll try and shoo everyone out of here."

Excusing herself she left him, going to the front desk and making her usual announcement then headed to the bathroom with her purse in hand. She locked herself inside and pressed her back to the door giving a great sigh before sliding down onto the cold tile floor. Her hand found the bottle in her purse and she took a pill or two or three before feeling the least bit sane.

Thaddius was handsome and obviously smart, but now she was thinking rationally (or just being paranoid). He could be a spy. It was not impossible. His aura still calmed her. No matter his occupation. She thought maybe it was best not to be here alone with him however. So she sent a text to Xavor.

I'm at the library.
Come quick.
But pick up the supplies at the Bar first.
Thanks, love you.
`A

With that she exited and went to await the rebellion members.
User Image

Vex knew Joanna may have been upset with him and she wasn't without reason. She did well to hide her identity. He just didn't see a reason for it. If she came back and worked directly for him, she need not worry about anything else for the rest of her life. But that was a decision she would have to make and he would not press it.

Instead his attention turned from his former employee to the girl in his lap. Cassandra seemed to be stirring. It wasn't likely anyone had knocked her out and he doubted she had fainted. Vex had already drew his conclusions about this Marchesi sister. She was a time turner, simple as that. And that lapse of time that had passed where he forgot what he was doing and where he was headed, was no doubt her doing.

Unfortunately she wasn't very good at using this power yet. Not if she was going to be passed out in a ditch somewhere afterward. He looked over seeing his guard with his eyes on the road Vex decided it wouldn't be so weird if he talked civil to Cassandra for the time being. The van was silent for the most part, no need to alarm anyone just yet. But before that could happen, a phone rang or buzzed. There wasn't much time for him to decipher. He reached back quickly snatching it from the doctor and looked to see a name, Delilah.

"This is not who you were expecting I'm sure." He said answering it quickly. "Delilah Ann Mae is it. Yes the owner of the Confections Cafe. I've heard so much about you." Hesitating he found the right words to say. "My name is Vex, perhaps you've heard of me. Your good friend Karthus here is under arrest. Along with his friends Ayano, Carmen and Cassandra. Do me a favor, so that I don't arrest you as well. Tell Miss Alisa Marchesi to turn herself over to me and I will not hurt her sister." He hung up then, rolling down the window and tossing the phone out. "If anyone else has a phone, turn it off. If I hear it, I'll fire my gun back there aimlessly to silence it."

With a deep breath he looked back down at Cassandra. "You don't know what's going on because you used your power recklessly." He eyed her, running a hand over her forehead. "You're not well. Don't talk."

When they arrived he had his guards take Ayano, Carmen and Karth into the fort and to their cell, which they would share. He scooped up Cassandra and beckoned that Joanna follow the guard who had been driving to his office and wait there. "Make yourself at home." He said to Miss McCarthy as he went to put this girl in a special place for recuperation.

User Image

Hilarious Grabber

8,775 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
<==============================>
Antonio Ziegfield
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can serve up two things. A good martini, and a bullet for all sizes of skulls.
<==============================>

There was so much going on that Zieg had a difficult time keeping his head on straight. He had certainly not expected a text from one person to signify that they were interested in business later, a couple of notes for him that were obviously meant for more business, and now a detective was looking for an Elect.

"I'm not an informant, Detective. You can pay me as much as you want, but any information that I would get would either be by luck, or it would be completely outdated by the time you got it," Ziegfield lied as he glanced at the picture. Not recognizing the man, Ziegfield knew he would have to pay Delilah quite a bit to know why an unknown was being sought after by even the local police instead of merely letting it be handled by the Guards as it normally was.

Once the Detective was gone, Ziegfield let out a groan of annoyance as he made sure to lock the door behind the detective once more. The last thing he needed was another uninvited guest. If anything, the only guest he wanted to see was the kind that was more than willing to play around with him upstairs for a good few hours to let off some steam, but sadly preparing for the night was more important as he began to clean up the bar just a bit more before he officially opened in a few hours.

Remembering that he would have an appointment soon, Ziegfield went into the backroom once more and opened the door to allow the masked woman to enter. "You know it defeats the purpose of wearing a mask when you show so much skin. As much as I admire it, and believe me when I say I do, we lose far too much skin per day for me to simply pick up even the smallest bit and run some testing to find out who you are...if I really cared. Welcome, my dear, how can I help you today with your needs?" Ziegfield greeted the masked woman as he did his best to keep the perverse tendencies that he had out of his tone and had his sunglasses hide the leering that he did.

Condition: Green
Mood: Stressed
Interacting with: Noone

Interesting Phantom

User Image
█ ` LOCATION: Cell in Vex' Fort
█ ` FEELING: Confused
█ ` WITH: Ayano and Karth

Everything was dark. Where was she... ? Everything that had happened at the hospital was now a faded blur. Did she really go recklessly into the building... ? Bright lights came into focus.

Carmen stirred where she was as the guards came to pick her, Ayano, and Karth up from the van. The colors that hit her eyes nearly sent her crashing right back down. 'Did I faint?' her mind asked. Her head was dizzy and pained, but her body didn't feel too badly... apart from the sting on her left arm. The van moved forward a couple of inches, and Carmen barely acknowledged it. She was carried limply from the van along with Ayano and Karth by an unnamed guard, who picked her up the middle and slung her over his wide shoulder.

As she was being carried into the fort, Carmen's mind finally started focusing enough for her logical senses to return. What exactly had happened? She was at the hospital... had phased in to rescue two children... crashed through a window and climbed out... maybe it had been the exhaustion or shock that had gotten to her. Or the smoke. But these guards... she must have been arrested. But why? She subtly reached up with her right hand to feel around her collar. The anti-detector jewel was still there. So was the other one in her breast pocket. She couldn't have been spotted... or could she? Possibilities and guesses rose and pushed each other aside in her mind. Carmen squeezed her eyes shut and opened them again.
                                        The guard's metal plated hand, wrapped around her legs, was digging into her skin. She pretended to be unconscious as she felt herself being carried further and further into the fort...

They were descending. Through half-open eyes, all Carmen could see were metal bars and small figures of prisoners sunk against the dark back walls. There were numerous prisoners, most of them presumably Elects. Crowded cages, sad faces. The guards holding Carmen, Ayano, and Karth finally stopped in front of an empty cell. One by one, they were thrown roughly in. And after they all hit the ground, the door was slammed and the thick lock locked.

As soon as the guards had left, Carmen turned her head to the figures of Ayano and Karth. She stood unsteadily up, then walked quickly towards the two.
                                        "Ayano, Karth," she said in a low voice. Her eyes were open wide; there wasn't much light in here.
                                        "Hey... do either of you two know what happened?"

User Image

Shameless Nerd

User Image

Cassandra June Marchesi
Location: Caos Island ♪ With: Vex, Joanna ♪ Action: Being a Loon
Outfit

"My name is Vex."

Her heart stopped. How had she gone from an alley behind the hospital to sitting in the lap of the ruler of all Salem? The rest of his phone conversation at least told her Alisa was still safe, for now. She groped for her own phone, but her bag was missing. Well, that was one last thing to worry about. Her thoughts came to a stand still as Vex ran his hand over her forehead, sending chills down her spine.

He was right. She wasn't well, and her power seemed to be completely out of control. Perhaps in the end this was best. It was really only a matter of time until she was caught. Considering the current situation, that time had actually already come and gone. At least Ally hadn't been effected. But what should she do now?

The van arrived at a huge complex. Cradled in Vex's arms, Cass watched as the others from the van were hauled off to prison. She had expected to go with them, but he seemed to have other plans carrying her off in a completely different direction. She stirred in his arms.

"I...um...I think I can walk?" What did you say when you were being held by the most feared man in Salem? Besides, the prolonged exposure to being nestled in his arms was starting to effect her body on a more biological level. Her hormones didn't seem to care that he was likely to be her killer. He was a boy, she was a girl. Cass could almost hear her sister chastising her.

User Image

Vex heard Cassandra as he walked the dark narrow hallways of his fort. She was brave one, obviously unafraid. But he wondered why. Perhaps she wasn't anti Vex. It was would haven't been stupid however to assume she wasn't. He had tried to take her parents away after all. He was the reason they could not a be a family. That had to have effected her negatively. Yet, here she was seemingly without anger.

She had been injured. In time she would realize this was not a game and he was not the prince in her fairytale, but the horror in her nightmares. Still, something kept him from lashing out as he normally would. He drew a breath moving quickly, two guards following ahead and behind, by several feet. "And what makes you think that?" He replied, his eyes dropping down for a moment, to see her reaction to his rhetorical question. Vex kept on ahead. "You are in no condition to be talking, let alone walking."

Cassandra was a bit of space cadet. She lived on the moon and it was time she came back down to planet Earth. "You will rest. End of story." He burst into the infirmary as some of the nurses quickly jumped out of his way, the guards cleaning a table as the women rushed to clean their instruments.

Vex placed Cassandra down on the table, head on the pillow. He leaned in a hand on either side of her shoulders. "If you get out of this bed, I'm going to be very angry. Do we understand each other?" While awaiting her answer he beckoned a nurse. "Take care of this one. She dies. You die." His attention returned to the girl awaiting her response.

User Image

Original Genius

8,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

J O A N N A E L I S E M C C A R T H Y

MOOD: x *FACEPALM*
COMPANY: x Vex and that guy that drove the van.

Body: 100% —— Mind: 100% —— Spirit: 100%

So... there was the driver and Vex (two males); herself; one male prisoner and three female prisoners in the back and one female prisoner in his arms and lap. And they were all just kinda thrown in there... A little unnerving to her but acceptable. Up until that point Joanna didn't notice anything; that is, until Vex made a grab for something just past her seat. There was literally NOTHING separating the prisoners from her or Vex while they were driving to his lair. The windows weren't tinted. There was no ambiguous, spacious back where people could loose track of time. Joanna's eyes followed the buzzing phone in Vex's hand with a stunted, puzzled fascination. As she realized just how unprotected they were, he went and answered the phone without masking his voice. Not only would the rebels know that their friends were in Vex's company, they could also plan for an attack while they panicked. This was a clever move to draw the rebels out of hiding... This redeemed some of her favor, but she lost it the second he threatened everyone to turn off their cell phones. They had silent modes for places like movie theaters. "..." Rather than say anything, Joanna just hid her eyes under the brim of a hand that massaged the temples on her head. She slumped down in her seat and tried to stay out of sight for the rest of their magical journey in Vex's "pimptastic" ghetto-van.

O xxx O xxx O xxx O xxx O

By the time she got to his office, she was determined to hear him out and find a reason why she outta give this guy a second chance. Memories as to why she left the organization in the first place were surfacing. Life as a waitress wasn't ideal for a woman of her capabilities and she wanted to stay. Back when she used to work for him she was on her toes 90% of the time. While she hadn't been under his employe for a while, she wasn't exactly on her toes, but she did choose to remain standing in case a few quick decisions were in order. It was as close to "make yourself at home" as she was going to get. While Vex was away, she took the time to look around the office and spoke to no one in particular. "The renovations are a nice touch." That was basically all she said throughout their entire time together and in some respects, it was true. His office looked different from when she last saw it and it looked nice. A bit expensive for her taste, but nice... It suited him to say the least, and it was bigger than she remembered.

Shameless Nerd

User Image

Cassandra June Marchesi
Outfit

"I..it's just...okay." Vex really didn't seem like the kind of person you argued with. Cass wasn't the kind of person who really argued a lot in the first place. She let him continue to carry her without further protest. It was the most surreal of tranquil moments as Vex's footsteps echoed off the walls in the dark hallways.

They burst into what looked to be an infirmary. Vex's presence creating a flurry of activity. Finally, he put her down gently on the bed. Cass's breath caught as he leaned over her, she tried to press herself into the bed to create a little more space between them. He was making it very hard to think.

"Y-yes." Cass stammered. Anger she could understand, it was what Vex was known for. Why he was being so careful with her even though it was evident he knew she was an elect she did not understand.

User Image

Vex could only hope his conversation with Joanna would go as smoothly as this one. Cassandra squirmed underneath him but obviously had no real objection to him holding her here. He didn't want her to be afraid, that may make her do something drastic, like rewind time again and create a mess...possibly die in the process. So he nodded, looking her over one last time before placing his hand on her forehead again.

"Rest. Sleep. Quiet. All those things good. Sitting. Standing. Walking. All bad." She looked like she was in a daze and he wanted to be understood, not just heard. If she died his actions were going to be irrevocable. Vex's anger was all consuming and he wasn't a one trick pony. This place had yet to witness all of his power and rage. "I'll be back." He said reassuringly leaving her side and then eventually the infirmary letting the nurses get to work.

Now, probably wasn't the best time for a chat. But he didn't have much of a choice. Foolishly he had called for a one on one meeting. Vex entered his quarters and closed the door behind him, seeing Joanna there, standing. She was always standing. "One of these days your going to come in this office and sit the ******** down." He grinned devilishly in her direction. "You know I like you. Although I know you don't trust me and would shove a knife in my back if you thought you could get away with it."

Vex came around to the opposite side of his desk, placing a hand down and leaning over a bit. "You should come work for me again. I know I'm not the greatest boss ever, but I look damn good and pay well."

All these things were true.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas