Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Noob

.:KAIN:.

Scene Participants: Kain, Lyra
Scene: Market
Objective: Seeking his friend and ally in life and death

~ Kain felt the tension that had been building up, release from him, his demeanor depicting this release. He knew that Lyra had no hidden motives, no ill will, no intentions at all. She merely had run into him by accident after all. After finishing their handshake, Kain shifted his weight back and brought his leg back to stand up straight. "It seems open to anyone. The man who gave this to me didn't know who I was. He just handed it to me."

Kain could tell she was mulling it over in her head just as much as he had. He misjudged her - clearly, she had to be capable enough to consider such a thing. Or perhaps she was merely foolish, desperate, or greedy enough. Maybe all three. Something told him it was the former rather than any of the latter. "Seems we're in the same boat, then." She didn't have to say anything, Kain knew the look. They couldn't refuse the gold reward - it was worth the risk.

Kain shifted his weight again, swinging his leg around behind him this time so that he was perpendicular to Lyra, but kept his head facing towards her. Kain motioned a hand, palm facing up, towards the direction he was intending to head. "Wanna go? We can share the road. We can use one of the gates to get there." Kain paused for a moment, his eyes looking up to the left briefly as if bringing up a thought before looking back at Lyra. A small winsome small grew on his face, followed by a shrug and a brief, uncertain, head tilt. "I think." ~

Chuzuka

Lithera "Lyra" Gray
                      ╔══════════════════════════════════╗

ᴡɪᴛʜ: kain
                        ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ: market
                        ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs: still hungry..
                        ᴏᴏᴄ: last short post hopefully whee

╚══════════════════════════════════╝

Lyra remained silent for a moment, chewing on her lower lip as she contemplated her choices. It was too good an opportunity to pass up and it appeared Kain knew it too.

"Seems like it" She agreed, albeit quietly, catching his look of instant understanding. She could not imagine what Kain must be thinking of her at this moment - this strange girl who practically assaulted him in a market, and annexed his invitation to a tournament. And yet, he appeared to completely at ease now - no longer apprehensive by her presence. Not that she blamed the man for being tense, considering the last 5 minutes. Perhaps if she won, she can give him a portion, and sweep this strange encounter under the rug. And if he won...well, she'd try to congratulate him.

Lyra followed his movements, taking a few steps forward in the direction he was gesturing towards. "Don't mind if I do" she offered lightly, "I cannot make any promises that I'll be any good... company that is." She lifted a brow, almost teasingly- lest he think she was referring to her capabilities at the tournament. At the mention of another gate, and his uncertainty, Lyra's eye widened slightly in alarm. "You think?" She repeated. Her experience upon entering Sigil was not entirely uneventful - her stomach was still in knots from her early wave of nausea. Seems she didn't agree with the entire portal aspect of travelling - and the notion that they can end up anywhere made her nervous.

"Well.. I suppose we'll find out."

Phantom_Knight_x_

Tipsy Noob

.:KAIN:.

Scene Participants: Kain, Lyra
Scene: Leaving the Market to exit Sigil, heading to the Crater
Objective: Joining the Tournament at the Crater

~ Once Lyra walked past him to head in the direction he referred to, Kain began to follow alongside. "Yeah. I'm new to these gates, but they're similar to stuff I have had to use in the past. Just more of them here." That's an understatement. No wonder it was named the City of Doors. Kain looked over to Lyra without turning his head before looking forward again. Given her reaction, it would appear he wasn't the only newcomer to Sigil."Have you ever been involved in a blood sport such as the tournament we're about to get involved in?" Kain could still feel unease in his guts at the idea of performing for money. Something about it did not sit well with him, but maybe it would go away after it was all over.

Kain and Lyra would make their way out of the market, finally reaching the gates of Sigil that led to many, many different realms. Kain peered at the invitation, which had information about where it was being held. The Crater. Looking up from the invitation to the gates, Kain glanced at each one until he spotted the one he believed was the one they both needed. "Pretty sure that's our gate." Kain began making his way to the gate, stopping just shy of the event horizon. Kain spun around to look back at Lyra, raising his arms up from his sides - palms upwards. "See you on the other side." with that, Kain stepped backward through the gate. ~

Chuzuka

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces