Welcome to Gaia! ::

interest check

+ 0.56818181818182 56.8% [ 25 ]
- 0.022727272727273 2.3% [ 1 ]
gold <3 0.40909090909091 40.9% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This role-play is a spinoff of a previous role-play called Rainbow Warriors. The genre is fantasy/romance/action/adventure. This role-play is owned by Princess Kitaaa (i.e. me). I am responsible for the storyline and graphics so please do not steal. Thanks. Basically, this role-play will have unlimited slots so once all the main ones are full I'll consider other suggestions or additions.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

THE STORY

Once a year rulers from various kingdoms meet together at a grand conference to discuss things like upcoming coronation ceremonies, settling territory disputes, arranging marriages to bring peace to two disputing kingdoms, and so on. The rulers arrive by sea, horseback and carriage, portal, or even by air atop a dragon. There is a masquerade ball and party for socializing to get everyone acquainted again to break the ice before the actual conference the next day. For many, this is seen as a vacation but others treat it seriously and many dire issues have been resolved or created during the conference. The conference is hosted by the great magician. Thought to be immortal, he is considered a guide and prophet. He has created many great heroes and heroines as well as trained some of the most powerful witches and wizards throughout the land.

Invitations are sent by him yearly and attendance is considered mandatory otherwise great peril will befall your kingdom (i.e. natural disaster, war, famine, etc.). Each kingdom gets a maximum of three representatives. There are exceptions in some cases, of course. It is mandatory for the acting ruler to attend though. Usually people will bring their knight, familiar, or wizard but other times they will bring a peasant to represent the working class. The sight of peasants seems to upset some kingdoms, however. They feel there is no place for them at the conference. Then again, if a kingdom simply brings their guards there is worry from others who fear they mean harm. Basically, emotions and suspicions run high at these meetings. There is a lot on the stake for everyone.

Last year, there was a fair amount of prophesies. First, one kingdom's ruler would come out of the closet and pronounce their love for someone from another country. Second, one kingdom's ruler would die and the kingdom would be split into four regions, four separate kingdoms, run by the children. Third, one kingdom would declare war against it's neighbor in a fight for power and territory. The great magician was very general, however, and did not specify whom the prophesies were for leaving a lingering uneasiness for all. Before the conference ended there was the issue of the greatest honor. Each year this was bestowed upon an individual who demonstrated the greatest of all virtues. Highly coveted, it is a symbol of power. Essentially, it is a gift of the great magician's choosing. In the past he has given potions, a familiar, gold, and a truth potion. It is always a mystery; however, last year's gift was magical powers. They were gifted to the Rainbow Kingdom and distributed to four of the kingdom's most honorable knights. Each was given a magical element - fire, water, earth, air. Coupled with this is the greatest disgrace. The kingdom would be given a punishment; however, this is not always given out because the great magician is known to be merciful. Last year, one kingdom upset him because of their tardiness so he cursed them with eternal snowfall in their land. Of course, there is always a chance for redemption. The great magician may be harsh but he is also fair.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE PLOT THICKENS. The Overlord of Darkness made his appearance at the masquerade; however, instead of behaving himself as the Great Magician warned he planned a surprise attack. His minions shot arrows on the sea of masqueraders. The Great Magician appeared but was shot down as well. Hostages were taken and the Overlord announced that he would kill them off in a week if the Orb of Light was not delivered.

*XFor more information see time skip on pg. 5!

THE RULES

XFollow Gaia TOS. Also, let's keep things PG-13 here. I don't want to see any cybering.
                                  XMust write between 4-8 paragraphs per post with proper grammar.
                                  XPlease use a pretty post style or recruit someone to make you one. don't just slap a picture on there and then write your post.
                                  XI will only allow people to apply for two characters at first. Update: can apply for more now. They can be whatever gender you want. If i notice majority of girls or guys though I'm going to delegate gender for different roles. I mean obviously witch would be female but you guys know what I mean. I will also open new roles once all have been full. If you have an awesome idea and wanna pitch it to me, that's cool.
                                  XI want character diversity so please look at characters we already have and then choose face claims, personalities, and sexualities wisely. Update: Not accepting anymore heterosexual females. You can make a female but they must be homosexual or at least bisexual. Further, don't use naruto or sailor moon as a face claim and call them "jason brooks" and "abby potter." use face claims that are artistic and/or uncommon. also please refrain from vocaloid characters because I legit do not think I can take seeing another one in a role-play.
                                  XIf you want to reserve a role while you apply pm me with "Name of Role's Reserve". A reserve does not mean an automatic acceptance. I can still reject you. Further, it will only be reserved for 24 hours. You need to submit your application in the application thread (make sure to quote me). once i have accepted you you may work on your profile. profiles are created in a test thread. i will be providing a profile code and/or information you need to include. please pm me the link to your profile when you are done with the subject, "Name of your Character's Profile".
                                  Xpost at least once per week, i know people have busy schedules and s**t. if you are holding someone up though i will quote you in the ooc or Skype message you. if you don't respond within 24 hours i will pm you with a warning. if you don't respond to the pm in 24 hours i will delete you and the spot will open up.
                                  Xwhen you go to the ooc and you ask for plots with people 9/10 people won't respond to you so instead of doing that introduce your character then quote some people with plot ideas. there will also be a Skype chat i'll make for further plotting.
                                  XI reserve the right to add or remove rules as I see fit.

THE SETTING

EDIT: There is now a map of the entire kingdom available.

KINGDOM OF ELVES
                                  The elf kingdom is known for creating strong warriors. They are tough and resilient and won't back down from any threats. They face predators of the forest such as ogres and cyclops which is why they put such an emphasis on their military. Their kingdom is just shy of the Forbidden Forest and is the middle point between the Rainbow Kingdom and The Dark Kingdom. Elves enjoy archery and woodworking. Because of their tardiness at the last conference, they have been inundated with snow. Used to luscious greenery and warm weather, this has put a bit of a damper on things. Crops stopped growing and a famine threatened the land. A lot of the elven subjects blamed the monarchy for their condition and there was some civil unrest. The Rainbow Kingdom has accused them of banditry and thievery in the past. This has caused some tension, however, there is a temporary treaty while the Rainbow Kingdom assist them with trading crops so they won't starve. The ruler of the elves also has a familiar unicorn.

THE FAIRY KINGDOM
                                  Perhaps the most bright and brilliant of all the kingdoms, the fairy kingdom thrives on harmony and love. In fact, there are two fairy queens (lesbians holla). Recently, their daughter - the princess - came out of the closet as well after realizing a crush on someone from another land. Fairies are in charge of creating fairy dust for various medicinal and magical practices. This is especially coveted by witches and wizards since it is the ingredients for potions and spells. To get to the fairy realm one needs a portal though so it can only be found through the help of a magic-user. Maybe if you found like a four-leaf clover or something you'd be lucky enough to stumble across one though. The Fairy Kingdom struggles with underground mobsters led by the fairy godmother/father who smuggles fairy dust out of the kingdom (perhaps in alliance with the Dark Kingdom). Fairies have the power to shape-shift as well so when meeting at the conference they can present themselves in a proper height. This also helps when they are visiting other kingdoms. The fairies generally keep to themselves and are mysterious to the outside world but the fairy princess often travels to the other kingdoms, against her parents will.

THE RAINBOW KINGDOM
                                  This is the human kingdom. Recently it has been divided into four regions (north, south, east, west). After the death of King Alfred Rowling, slaughtered by the power-thirsty Overlord of Darkness (i.e. his half-brother), the kingdom was split between his children. The rainbow kingdom also got the greatest honor so they have elemental knights. They have agreed to a treaty with the elf kingdom; however, they are also hoping that they will assist them in fighting back against the dark kingdom.

the northern mountains - The northern region belongs to the eldest sister. It's a bit chilly up there and the castle is actually made of ice through an enchantment. There is a huge volcano and hot springs surround the area with healing mineral content. The region is mountainous and home to dangerous dragons which are constantly harassing the kingdom. The only exception is the princess's familiar dragon whom she raised from an egg.

the eastern meadows - The eastern region belongs to the youngest sister. It is perhaps the most beautiful of the four regions of the Rainbow Kingdom. Rolling hills and meadows adorn the kingdom filled with beautiful wildflower. There is also a portal to the fairy realm hidden. Further, the castle is made of candy at the princesses demand. A lot of tasty bakeries and cafe's are in this region as well since the princess has been known for having a sweet tooth.

the western woodlands - The western woodlands belongs to the youngest brother and is located next to the Forbidden Forest. In the forest is said to be not only a witches coven but also Cloak Hounds. Cloakhounds are animals descended from wolves. They are rabid, ferocious beasts with crimson eyes and rippling, muscular bodies. They are much larger than ordinary wolves and much more powerful. They are called cloakhounds because they are animals of the night. They are nocturnal and cannot be found during the daytime. At night they are heavily on the prowl though hunting for food. The wizard of the west was said to have been unquestionably loyal to the King Alfred and has taken up the duty of protecting the west from the cloak hounds as well as mentoring the younger prince and his siblings. The prince's castle is essentially a treehouse.

the southern savannah - The eldest brother is in charge of the southern region which is essentially a desert. There is an oasis where his castle lies but the rest of it is hot and barren. There is a red light district in this area and a black market. Unfortunately, a lot of crime and poverty goes on because the prince is lazy and turns a blind eye to it. Despite this, since he is the first born he was given responsibility to protect the Orb of Light by his deceased father, much to his older sister's chagrin.

THE DARK KINGDOM
                                  Originally the dark kingdom was one with the rainbow kingdom; however, the Overlord of Darkness killed his half-brother and stole part of the kingdom. The overlord is now trying to get his hands on the other half as well as the Orb of Light, an ancient relic held by the rainbow kingdom rulers. Because of this a war has broken out. The Overlord is attempting to woo the Aquatica rulers to aid the dark kingdom. The dark kingdom has acquired a lot of fairy dust through banditry (consequently, they have caused the Rainbow Kingdom to blame the elves) and they hold a lot of magical power. They have been attempting to infiltrate the Rainbow Kingdom with dark magic through insiders and black market users. The overlord has also secured an alliance with the witches coven in the forbidden forest. They will help him in exchange for the orb of light and continued supply of fairy dust.

AQUATICA
                                  Aquatica consists of mer-people, sirens, and other sea creatures. They can co-exist with humans by taking on a human-like form out of the water but only for short periods of time (a few days maximum). If they do not get water after this time they will die. Recently, there has been a shift of power. The mer-people ruled Aquatica for centuries. The mer-people looked down on sirens who were considered second-class citizens. They have earned the reputation of being sluts, whores, and the scum of the sea. They give mer-people a bad name since sailors often mistake sirens for mermaids and are seduced by their enchanting voices to their death. Sirens are now ruling Aquatica after a rare genetic disease (likely due to pollution) killed the king and his son, leaving his illegitimate son (a siren) to rule the land. In addition to quelling tension within Aquatica, there is also the constant struggle of piracy. The Dark Kingdom has offered their assistance in such matters for Aquatica's help against the Rainbow Kingdom; however, perhaps there is an ulterior plan underway.

THE ELF KINGDOM
                                prince, unicorn, military general, master archer

User ImageXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXUser Image
                                User Image

THE FAIRY KINGDOM
                                princess, phoenix, fairydust maker, fairy godfather

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXUser Image
                                User Image

THE RAINBOW KINGDOM
                                north - princess, elemental knight (air), dragon
                                east - princess, elemental knight (earth), master baker
                                west - prince, elemental knight (fire), wizard
                                south - prince, elemental knight (water), tavern owner

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXUser ImageXXUser Image
                                User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXUser ImageXXUser Image
                                User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXUser ImageXXUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                User ImageXXUser ImageXXUser Image

THE DARK KINGDOM
                                overlord of darkness, concubine, bandit leader, coven leader

User Image

AQUATICA
                                prince (siren), princess (mermaid), sea witch, pirate

User Image

FAQ

Q.XWhat era is this located in? Are there things like iPods, guns, etc.?

To answer this question simply, no. This role-play is fantasy-themed but takes place in a medieval time. There are no modern inventions such as computers, iPods, or guns. Nor is there any futuristic item such as hover boards. It is a realm of magic; however, so things like enchanted blades, cursed mirrors, etc. are allowed. Perhaps the closest thing to a telephone would be through talking through conch shells with Aquatica. Basically you are allowed to get inventive. Also in regards to indoor plumbing, there is some form of that in richer areas; however, if you are out in the woods you might be forced to take a dump behind a bush and wipe your a** with a leaf.

Q.XAside from unicorns, dragons, and cloak hounds what other creatures reside in this fantasy-world?

The Fairy Kingdom - There are pixies, sprites, dryads, and other spirits and enchanted beings. Unicorns and phoenix are hunted (and thus, nearly extinct) but many of what is left of them take shelter with the fairies as well since they are a peaceful people. In general, you can find gentle creatures such as rabbits or deer like in Snow White here.
                                      The Elven Kingdom - The elven kingdom has built a strong military to fight off threats of cyclops, ogres, cloak hounds, and other vicious monsters that seep in from the Forbidden Forest. Dwarves and centaurs are among the non-vicious mythical beings that reside here. Rare spotting of unicorns are also rumored. Trolls live near the bridge to the great magician's crossing.
                                      The Rainbow Kingdom -
                                          nothern mountains - Dragons cluster around the volcano and make lairs in the caves. This area is the tundra so creatures such as wolves, reindeer, and other animals reside here as well.
                                          eastern meadows - Known for being home to an abundance of miniature ponies at Princess Brinley's requests, the eastern meadows is also perhaps the safest region of the Rainbow Kingdom. An occasional cloak hound might venture into the pastures. Some trolls make their home between the crossing of the eastern to western region.
                                          western woodlands - The woodlands are also home to dwarves and some dryads. There are also cuddly deer, fluffy squirrels, and other creatures you would expect to find in a woodsy area. Cloak hounds often creep out of the Forbidden Forest to prey on these creatures though. Particularly farm animals like sheep or cattle.
                                          southern savannah - Typical desert-animals can be found here. In addition, there have been rare occasions of phoenix spotted in this area.

The Dark Kingdom - Known for it's dark magic, golems are brought to life and destroy outsiders. Other horrible monsters reside here as well. Giants, typically friendly creatures, live here. Ever since the overlord invaded, they were either forced to comply or enslaved.
                                      Aquatica - Home to mer-people, sirens, and other fish folk. A rare giant squid is said to have taken down several ships. There is also talk of sea serpents.
                                      The Forbidden Forest - There are packs of cloak hounds in the Forbidden Forest as well as ogres and giants. Many who venture into the Forbidden Forest do not come back alive unless they are skilled in defending themselves. Much like in Snow White, the trees and other wildlife seemingly have a mind of their own. There is also threat of quicksand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff