Desirable Phantom

User Image

ooooooooooooooooo R. E S E R V E D

LOADING PLEASE WAIT...99%

Dangerous Sex Symbol

User Image

ooooooooooooooooo N. O T I C E

THE OOC THREAD IS NOW OPEN!!!

PLEASE SEE THE LINK ON THE FIRST POST!

Dangerous Sex Symbol

User Image

ooooooooooooooooo N. O T I C E

THE ROLEPLAY IS NOW OPEN!!!

EFFECTIVE AFTER NORSE PRINCESS'S POST TO FOLLOW THIS ONE, EVERYONE WHO HAS APPROVED PROFILES POSTED IN THE THREAD ARE WELCOME TO BEGIN POSTING!

Desirable Phantom

User Image
User Image
LOADING . . . XXXA B I L I T I E S
xxxxxxxxxSuperhuman Strength • Superhuman Endurance • Injury Resistance • Seismic Energy Manipulation

LOADING . . . XXXS T A T U S
xxxxxxxxxLOCATION: City Streets, Seattle > Mall • COMPANY: No One • MOOD: Excited • ATTIRE: xx • THEME: This Is War

The streets were anything but quiet. Not in this city. Where the crime rate was already high, and seemed to only increase year after painstaking year now that the mutant phenomena seemed to come to a climax. Fighting was everywhere, all across the country, and it was no surprise that domestic affairs between families and their freak mutant sons and daughters spilled into the streets. It was more than just petty crimes and gang violence. It was a war. A war, that one redhead was all too excited to fight in.

She walked, with her hands shoved deep into her pockets, her back against the wind. She hated windy weather, made it harder for her to curb her powers. But at least it wasn’t raining, which seemed to be something that it did a lot in the coastal city. Her head was down, making sure that she wasn’t going to go noticed by many. People overlooked her bright red hair, especially now that greens, pinks, and blues seemed to be the more common shade. Between mutation and kids rebelling against their parents, her red hair wasn’t anything of an eyecatcher anymore.

Each step took her closer and closer to the sound, the shouting. And soon, she rounded the corner and the fight was on her doorstep. Lower mutants, some with barely even an ability to put them on the map were on one side of the street. Protesters, humans, were on the other. The shouting thundered over the tall city buildings, echoing down the streets as signs were thrust high into the air, “Mutants are the Future”, “Freedom for all Mutants”, “Death to all Mutants”, “I Support the Registration Act” all of them spat the same creeds over and over again, held by morons.

She sighed, licking her lips as she stepped in amongst the mutants she stood beside often times. She couldn’t stand on the other side of the fence, that was for certain. She was a mutant, afterall. She wove her way through the crowd before stepping to the edge of the street, the wooden barrier pressed against the front of her jacket as she looked at the angry faces of the humans across from her. All this shouting. But no one was making a stand, putting up a fight. They thought their stupid picketing would make a difference. Everyone, mutant and human alike knew that actions spoke much louder than words.

Slowly, she smirked as her hands slid out of her pockets, a pair of leather fingerless gloves wrapped around her palms. Slowly she brought her hands up and pulled her gloves off, slipping them back into her pocket. There was a calm about her. As she focused, the world around her became mute. Everything slowed down. She could see the shouting faces, the pointed fingers, the anger was so heavy that she could taste in on her tongue. That same tongue came out to moisten her lips before she moved, almost lightning fast as she held her arms out at her sides, silencing those beside her. They stopped to watch, to listen, to see what was going to happen. Would this red-haired mystery join in on their cause? It was as if the very world held its breath.

“For mutant-kind…” She muttered to herself before she slammed her hands together. The wave was massive, barrelling across the city streets and slamming into the humans on the others side, sending a few flying into the building they stood in front of. Some of them got up and ran, some didn’t get up at all. It didn’t matter because soon another wave crashed into cars parked on the street, sending them rolling towards the humans as screams erupted. The entire world exploded into chaos as people, human and mutant alike, ran in every direction, scattering like the bugs that they were, frightened by the show of power. True power. When the smoke cleared and she could see the body count of at least twenty or so humans, she smiled. It was a dent, but it was the start of a war that she would see to its end.

When her footing was secure, and the sirens alarmed in the distance, she pushed with her powers, sending her launching into the air. When she landed, she was twenty feet away from the sight and she took off running. Each step was propelled by a burst of her powers, leaving a trail of cracks in the sidewalk. She could hear the sounds of shouts behind her, the more... extreme of human protesters following her in suit. Or at least trying. A corner here, and alley there, and she found herself at the face of a mall. It was the perfect place to hide. She hurried inside, ducking beneath the crowd as she moved through the food court, the large televisions in the center of the open room were airing scenes from the sight. A few eye-witness accounts of what she looked like. It seemed that they were all getting her hair wrong. Some said red, others said purple. A few mutants called her a saint, a few humans called her a murderer. All of the attention was tickling her stomach with joy, she wanted to bathe in it, to soak it in through her skin. Afterall, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Tell me would you kill to save a life?xxxxxx
                                                                                            Tell me would you kill to prove you're right?xxx
                                                                                            Crash, crash, burn, let it all burnxxxxxxx
                                                                                            This hurricane's chasing us all underground.x

Do you really want me?xxxxxxx
                                                                                            Do you really want me dead,xxxx
                                                                                            Or alive to torture for my sins?xxxxxxxxxx

Do you really want me?xxxxx
                                                                                            Do you really want me dead,xxxxxxxx
                                                                                            Or alive to live a lie?xxxxxx

Dangerous Sex Symbol

User Image

"I've seen the blood
I've seen the broken
The lost and the sights unseen
I want a flood
I want an ocean
To wash my confusion clean"

User Image

Another lazy afternoon left the lone mutant feeling bored as he sat among the crowds of oblivious humans who crowded the mall. Comfortable to say the least, he reclined at his seat in the food court, arm outstretched over the tabletop before him as he considered the mass of people who moved around him for a brief moment. He was gifted with a mutation that made him difficult to identify as one of the so called abominations of humanity. His abilities were subtle though powerful if used correctly though they were not nearly as useful as his brothers. Fortunately they came with little to no price and allowed him the luxury of hiding where no authority or radical anti-mutant cult could find him, plain sight.

Lazily, he reached for the paper cup, capped with its cheap plastic lid and drew it's contents through the straw, pausing to shake it briefly, the ice rattling within as he cursed silently finding it empty. A soft thud resounded as he dropped it back upon the linoleum coated table with disapproval. Eyes glanced up once again, scanning the crowds as his curiosity peaked. He wondered just how many mutants elbowed their way through the hustle and bustle, concealing within them a gift which made them a target to anyone with a hate for mutants like him. The violence didn't make much sense to the young man as he considered all he had witnessed since he and his little brother abandoned their old life. Raids on abandoned warehouses, violence against the mutated citizens, forcing them to live like refugees in their own homes. This was not justice as far as Troy was concerned, it was oppression, corrupt leadership, fear.

Finally tearing himself from his thoughts, he leaned towards the table, taking a bite out of the greasy cheeseburger wrapped loosely in paper, an attempt to wipe the foul taste in his mouth from the thoughts which filtered through his mind. He couldnt help but notice the screens which were mounted throughout the food court, displaying a medley of images of happy shoppers and elaborate and expensive items which could be purchased somewhere in this temple of consumerism. He wanted to rip each one off the walls, to force the ignorant humans to see the real issues at hand, the crimes against their brothers and sisters. However his dreams of revelation were interrupted as every screen synced up with the same images, a breaking news report of another mutant attack. It seemed someone had taken action at the latest anti-mutant protest only a few blocks away. Troy wished he could act out in such a way, to take action against their assassins. He longed to show his fellow mutants that their gifts were not a cause for fear and uncertainty, that they were tools, weapons, a means to see their wildest dreams realized. The so called "dirge of humanity" were truly the superior population. Why did they have to be trampled under the heels of fear?

A heavy sigh escaped Troy's lungs as his eyes shifted over the faces of the hundreds of strangers who now paused to marvel at the latest reports of violence. He'd had his fill of this place by now, but he had to remain just a bit longer. There was a reason he'd chosen such a place to spend his afternoon. Deacon was growing stronger in his abilities, but such power came at a price. Reading minds was useful, but when you could hear the every thought of thousands of voices all at once, it was incredibly taxxing on your resolve. And so Troy took it upon himself to help his younger brother overcome the pressure, to take his gifts up by the reigns and get control of them. Such a crowded place would no doubt be a challenge to the younger of the two but with a clear goal it was possible that Deacon could rise above his fear and confusion and gain dominance over his Telepathy. All he had to do was locate his brother amongst the ocean of minds. A needle in a haystack.

"Hurry up D'..." he muttered to himself, glancing down at his watch he considered if the two hours he had been waiting was too long, if he should give up on the young man and seek him out himself. Finally climbing to his feet, he gathered the remains of his meal, bagging up each item as he made his way across the foodcourt to the nearest trash recepticle. "Ten more minutes..."

( outofcontext: )

User Image
"You've been raised in limitation,
but that glove never fit quite right.
The time has passed for hand-me-downs,
choose anew, please evolve,
take flight "

Desirable Phantom

User Image
User Image
LOADING . . . XXXA B I L I T I E S
xxxxxxxxxTelepathy • Telepathic Cloak • Psi Link • Telepathic Camouflage • Mental Detection • Mind Control • Precognition

LOADING . . . XXXS T A T U S
xxxxxxxxxLOCATION: Streets, Seattle > Mall • COMPANY: Many + Troy • MOOD: Pained • ATTIRE: xx • THEME: So Cold

Deacon had been at that rally. Not shouting and throwing signs into the air, not partaking in the cross-street bickering that had been bouncing off of the window ridden sky scrapers that lined either side of the street. No, he just stood there, listening. Not listening to the angry, hateful words that were being spewed from their mouths at either party. No, this hatred wasn’t something he was interested in. He listened, instead, to the voices in their minds. Searching them slowly for some form of compassion, humanity, even, towards the other group. Deacon hoped for something bigger than war, something further out of reach than obedience and dominance, he hoped for peace.

But he knew, the further he searched into their minds he would reach nothing but past memories, thoughts about times that were before how things were now. And as each mind he passed, very few gave him the hope he so desperately needed to witness. In a world full of darkness, each passing day made it harder and harder to find the light behind the eyes of adults. Children held that light only because they had understanding. They still had curiosity. But he knew, as they grew, that understanding would be snuffed out like a flame because in a world filled with war, understanding was not taught to children, it was learned by adults that were backed into a corner and had no other choice. And that understanding was forced. If you searched the minds of those understanding human beings, you would see unspoken bigotry. It was human nature.

Perhaps that was why God didn’t hate humans or mutants, he hated them both equally for their lack of humility and understanding. For their greed and their need for chaos. Deacon sighed softly, bowing his head and taking hold of the hood on his sweatshirt and pulling it over his head. He bowed his head and turned to walk away, to leave the angry shouting behind him and fill his mind with simple thoughts about affairs and hatred for bosses, for desires for raises that were never going to be achieved, or for bullshit. Anything but the heated words between humans and mutants. He wanted to forget about the world he lived in.

After he had rounded the corner, he heard it. The screams, the chaos. He had spoken too soon. He turned around, trying to decipher what had happened when his shoulder was checked by a woman, sending his world spinning as he tried to figure out who had hit him. Turning around, he had seen nothing more that a glimpse of red hair and the fleeting thought of ‘For mutant-kind...’ repeated like an echo in his own mind. The thought bounced around as he regained his footing. It was then he truly started to panic. The more militant groups of the anti-mutant cause would be coming soon and he knew that he had to run. Find Troy. Find Troy. He knew he had to meet his brother at the mall. And though he didn’t know what had happened just now, or how long he had been standing there, he put a bit more work into his steps as he made his way closer and closer to the shopping center.

Pushing through the swinging glass doors, he entered the mall just as the live feed was starting to pick up on the screens. This was star news, the reporters would probably get raises for appearing first on the screen. Even as he looked into the dark eyes of the human reporter as she described the wreckage, he knew that in those dead eyes, there was no remorse for the lives lost. The only thing she cared about, the only thing any of them cared about, was getting that spot behind that shiny desk, away from the chaos that she had to report. He could see it, in her eyes.

That’s when he heard it. Louder than the other voices in the mall. ‘Hurry up, D’.’ His brother. That was what got his feet moving again and soon, he appeared behind the taller man as he threw away his trash. “Ten more minutes…” Was all he said, and Deacon was there to answer. “Until what?” Though he was aiming to jolt his older brother, the discomfort on his face that he wore regularly was showing. He could hear the thoughts of the people in the mall, the opinions on mutants. It rattled his brain as it gradually started to get louder and louder. Keep talking, talking helps the voices. “Sorry I’m late, I got a little caught up in what I was doing.”

We were the kings and queens of promisexxxxxx
                                                                                            We were the victims of ourselvesxxx
                                                                                            Maybe the children of a lesser Godxxxxxxx
                                                                                            Between Heaven and Hellxxxxx
                                                                                            Heaven and Hell
                                                                                            x

The age of man is overxxxxxxx
                                                                                            A darkness comes at dawnxxxx
                                                                                            These lessons that we've learned herexxxxxxxxxx

Have only just begunxxxxx

keepin it katty's Significant Otter

Profitable Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Where|The Streets>>The MallWith|AloneWearing|the usual
                                  _________________________________________________________

The past hour of Juno's day had been spent applying a thick coat of coverup to conceal the vivid blue marks on her face. Slumped in the corner of an abandoned house she had been staying in, the brunette finished up the last couple of touches, making sure she looked like any other person walking down the street. In the past, Juno would be thrilled with the way she looked now, bare skin, normal. But now she took pride in the marks that covered her face, they showed that she was bigger then those people who tortured her through out the years. There was so much more then just small town life for her. A small smirk started to form on her face as she placed the compact mirror back in her bag. It was a rare occasion for her to cover her self up like this, but going into highly public places required it. There was to much exposure at risk in hoping that people would assume the spots were just tattoos

Letting out a long sigh, Juno hoisted herself up and off of the spot she had been sitting on for what felt like way to long. Her body creaked and popped back into place as she stretched her cramped back out. What she wouldn't give to sleep in a bed sometime soon, it had been a while for her. With that as her last fleeting thought before leaving, she left the small disheveled room. In the next room there as a large broken window with a sheet draped lazily over the ledge in an attempt to keep herself safe from the broken shards of glass, not that it really mattered if she got a small cut. Her eyes trailed over the palm of her hand where she had been cut last night from this same window and slowly her lips curled into a smirk. There wasn't even the trace of a scar, it was like nothing had ever happened. Walking to the window Juno looked down, she was a couple stories up. A bright blue haze clouded her eyes and the marks she had spent so long covering up emitted an intense glow. Again her eyes trailed over the palm of her hand, watching as it quickly changed shaped, growing feathers all up her arm. Within a matter of moments the wings had replaced her arms, giving her the possibility of flight. Without hesitation the brunette jumped from the window.

By the time she landed, Juno was a few feet away from the building she had jumped from. As quick as her arms had changed, they reverted back to their natural state, her eyes dimming back to their usual hazel and the spots on her face disappearing once more. She causally ran a hand through her hair as she took a moment to look back at the broken window seven stories above her. Maybe she was biased, but so far she hadn't met anyone with an ability she liked better then her own. Then again, everyone probably thought the same about their own. A grin spread across her face as she walked out of the empty ally way, her strut beaming with confidence. She was a girl with a purpose now and that purpose was to fight for the people like her.

There was word of another protest going on today and Juno had planned on attending it. Not to do anything, just to watch and make sure nothing happened to anyone. By the time she reached her destination it seemed to be a little to late. Flashing red and blue lights filled the street, cutting anyone from getting through. Around the area where the protest should have been there was bright yellow tape that read “CHRIME SCENE DO NOT CROSS” over and over again. "You've got to be kidding me" she spat under her breath, judging by the damage, it was either a small bomb or a mutant with some sort of power. Juno's guess what an angry mutant. Her chest heaved in a long, drawn out sigh, quickly stepping away from the crowd that had formed around the scene. She had spotted at least four different new stations interviewing hysterical people and she knew that if they tried to ask her questions, she may not be able to hold her tongue as much as she would like to.

Juno quickly made her way out of the streets, not really knowing where she was going to go now. After all that time put into covering up her face, she didn't want to waste the opportunity to be out and about the general public. There was a mall a few blocks away, what better place to people watch and to grab something to eat. Juno changed her course, heading the direction of the large shopping centre, with any luck the news would be playing all over there with some possible footage of what happened. She couldn't help her curiosity, something or someone had done a lot of damage and she wanted to know who.

There was a hint of satisfaction as she walked into the large building, bustling with people shopping, going about their normal day. The screens indeed were all set on the news instead of random advertisements for the different shops. As Juno had predicted eye witnesses were being interview between footage of something happening, it was hard to make out with the shaky phone camera footage, but apparently a girl had done it. For a while the brunette was enthralled by what she was seeing on the televisions. No one could seem to agree on what she looked like or whether or not she was a murderer or a saint. This was a perfect example of the division the society was in about their kind. It was her stomach growling in hunger that ripped her away from the screens. It had been a while since her last meal. She picked out a greasy looking Chinese place to order from and once the msg loaded food was in her hands she picked a location on the outskirts of the food court to eat and watch as people walked by. Her gaze picked people to linger on, wondering how many were like her or how many carried the gene that would make their children like her. How many of these people wanted to see her kind destroyed and how many of them wanted to see us all live together in peace. What she wouldn't give to have the ability to read minds some days.

_________________________________________________________
                                  ooc|

Dangerous Noob

7,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Name: Jack Ryder ► ►xx Alias: Firehawk ► ►xxLocation: The Streets - The Mall ► ►xxMusic: [X] ►►

►►"But they haven't seen the best of us yet...."◄◄

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Jack was tired as hell still. The trip from New York had taken so much out of him considering he had driven all the way down to Florida first before hopping on a plane to Seattle to try and cover his tracks as best as he could. He wasn't just some other mutant anymore, he was The Firehawk now. He was a bigshot now...well, at least in New York he was. But the news traveled fast soon enough and state to state there were news bulletins with lists of extremely dangerous mutants, and his name was among them. His parents wouldn't be too proud of this, hell part of him wasn't too proud of it either, but he couldn't just lay low forever when there were kids like him out there suffering at the hands of others. These humans, these...."normal people". ******** that, mutant kind was on the rise and it was only a matter of time until they were at the same numbers..and then finally became the majority. Mutants were going to become the new normal and no one seemed to like that fact one bit.

As he walked the streets of this new city, the one he would make his new home, he absently reminded himself of his reasons for leaving his New York City. It was getting too hot there (the pun was not lost on him and he even chuckled to himself as it came to him). His parents were there and with all the chaos he had stirred up with his graffiti and exploding cop cars wasn't really keeping him from the public eye. Eventually someone would see his face and someone would put a name to it other than his alias and then his family would be in danger. He didn't even know if his parents still loved him after what he had done, but he did love them and he wasn't about to let them be punished for his actions. He had to wonder if they would try and contact him at all..

He had been thrown out of these thoughts by the sound of an explosion, and screaming. He sighed heavily and looked over his shoulder in the direction of the where all the commotion was. He had an urge to go back and see what had happened but the last thing he needed was to show up and get thrown into a fight that he wasn't prepared for. He had only just gotten to Seattle a few days ago and didn't want to cause...too much trouble just yet. So he would forgo the destruction for the moment and would wait to see how things panned out.

Only just around the corner came the sight of the mall and he figured that he could use it as a good place to keep low and maybe get some info on what had happened not too far away. He slipped inside and started traversing the mall as best as he could with all the bustle of people shopping around, stopping near the food court to check a tv. Jack crossed his arms and clicked his tongue as he listened to the reporter talk about the mutant attack and eyewitness accounts. Extremely shaky camera phone footage showing the explosion and a red head fleeing the scene. He'd have to keep an eye out for her.

"Not even a week here and already a lot more interesting than New York." He nodded to himself as he turned on his heel and headed into the food court proper. He couldn't stop thinking about what he had seen...the destruction...the people that had gotten hurt. He cared about mutants, he was one after all. He wanted them all to be treated like everyone else, like people. But...sometimes he did wonder if attacking humans was the right way to go about it. Were these attacks wise? But, he was the guy that had blown up cars with little to no regard for human's at the time so this was one of those pot and the kettle situations. But, that was something to think about later, maybe as he grabbed a burger or something.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
User Image

Shameless Genius

User ImageUser Image

⋯⋯⊱! ! WHAT D YOU DO WHEN
YOUR BEST SN'T GOOD ENUGH

ALL THAT YOU TOUCH T-T-TUMBLES DOWN DOWN DOWN
C-CAUSE MY BEST INTENTIONS KEEP MAKING A MESS OF THINGS

▇▇▇▇ Location: Riot, then the food court
▇▇▇▇ OOC: Sorry for the lack of luster... intros have never been my strong point. I left her table open-ended so anyone is welcome to sit there.

Seismic waves pulsed beneath her feet; hairline fractures formed maliciously in the sidewalk, and the rattling ground under her gave cause for a startled jump. Bewildered, jade eyes searched the streets for the source, but she only saw the panic that ensued. Several people lay on the sidewalk, either unconscious or dead, she remained unsure, but it took little effort to make an intuitive leap as to what happened. A mutant had exposed his or herself in a very big way. Glancing about, she caught sight of red hair and followed the scramming mutant until she leapt into the air and peeled out from the chaos she'd caused. Sirens yawned in the distance; the sound crescendoed with the passing seconds, foreboding of police involvement.

As the sidewalk sighed and gave way to the force impressed upon it, Cheyenne subtly raised her form less than half an inch toward the sky, floating rather than leaving a chance to become a victim of the impact. The difference was minuscule, deliberately elusive to an untrained eye. With the populace in such pandemonium, it was easy to escape notice.

Ducking her head down, the young woman pushed through the crowd, zipping this way and that, searching for the proverbial cat that ate the canary. Every now and again she'd spy a glimpse of fire red hair. Soon though, the girl gained enough distance, and the only evidence of where she'd gone were the craggy marks in the cement that her steps laid waste to.

Cheyenne searched the alleys, cars, potential buildings that she might have hid within, but found nothing. Honestly though, she wasn't entirely sure why it piqued her interest, or even what she'd say if she found the girl who caused the earth to quiver and shake. Thank you for doing something on behalf of the mutants, maybe? Or would she look the girl in the eye and call her an idiot? Acts of violence toward humans would only further their bigotry... but standing silent, trying to mesh the two races together had been met with the same attitudes. For years now, she'd been torn on what was the correct approach, always seeing both sides to the coin... The dichotomy of the two choices left her straddling the fence, where she waited for one side to tip the scale enough to influence her decision.

After a few blocks of trying, the telekinetic gave up, and let her feet touch the ground again, dubbing her location safe enough to avoid a fight.

Sighing, she slowed her running to a casual jog when she wound up on a main road, her chest rhythmically rising and falling in a way that said she had the endurance of a marathon racer. People rushed behind her, vowing to find the detestable mutant. Covertly, she gave pause to stretch her calves before popping in a pair of earbuds and starting up her iPod.

It was natural, almost seamless the way she blended in. Even before the riots, the paparazzi had fixated on her parents' divorce, her mother's death, her father's campaigns... Going out into the public had been a nuisance, and she'd quickly learned how to elude prying eyes out of a need for some semblance of sanity.

The jog ended in front of the mall, and her stomach growled with hunger pains. When had she last eaten? Green eyes stared out into the distance with a glazed over look as she struggled to remember. Yesterday maybe? Deciding on the japanese place, she waltzed into the food court where a multitude of aromas wafted in the air. Weary eyes watched the screens overhead while she waited in line.

"Yes, I'll have a number three." She said absently, scooting her tray down the metal bars while she waited for the clerk to portion out her food. The reports repeated the same thing over and again, and she soon lost interest in a breaking news story she'd witnessed first hand. At the cash register, Cheyenne pulled out a wadded twenty within the deepest part of her pocket and flicked off the lint before departing from it. Stuffing the change back down into her jeans, she stared out into a sea of tables - most of them occupied.

Where to sit... She thought, debating on taking the styrofoam container and deserting the mall altogether. Choosing a table arbitrarily, the small-framed brunette took little interest in the people that sat at the other end. For now at least, she'd like to eat in peace.

xxxxx 》 》xxjustxx wannaxx!xx itxx somehow 《 《 xxxxx

Hilarious Shapeshifter

7,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
Rose Janine Anderson

A.K.A. Blink

Like a fly on the wall Rose had been observing the dispute between mutants and humans shouting at one another about the cure but it was rather dull, seeing as neither moved to actually strike at the other. That was however until a red headed woman made the first strike for the mutant side, killing at least twenty of the humans which brought a small smirk to her lips. She watched silently as the woman responsible for the powerful attack quickly and quietly left the scene and Rose managed to catch a glimpse of her face. Rose had seen the girl around the city and she had a proposition for her. She followed the girl along the roof tops, using her portals to keep up with the girl's quickened pace.

Rose was slightly out of breath when the girl finally stopped running upon reaching the mall. At which point Rose pulled up her hood and used one of her portals to flash down to the ground in an alleyway so she went unnoticed. She buried her hands in her pockets and followed at a safe distance to avoid detection. That was until the girl came to a halt and was watching the account of what had happened and Rose stopped right behind her before saying, "You know one of these days they'll catch you on camera and you'll get caught if you're not more careful." Rose didn't worry about getting caught, she could get away with ease thanks to her powers, even if she was chained. She crossed her arms and glanced to the humans passing by and giving her strange looks for her strange choice of attire. Her clothes weren't weird themselves it was more the fact that she had her hood up inside.

It was mainly for the purpose of keeping her face hidden, after all if Humans saw tattoos like the ones that she had on her face they instantly assumed mutant. Which she was but their judgmental looks were easier to deal with then a mass of humans identifying her as a mutant which would eventually mean that she had to register. She'd avoided it so far and she'd like to keep it that way, the only people that knew she was a mutant thought that she was dead so she was in the clear. If the girl decided to be stupid and strike out at her Rose would simply open a small portal in front of her to catch the girl's fist and have it appear behind herself so that she punched herself or hit herself in the back. Rose kept one hand in her coat pocket but she moved the other to rest at her side as she waited for a reaction, keeping a close eye on everyone around her as well.

In the company of: Alice
Thoughts: Trouble, trouble, trouble
Out of Cake:Hope this is okay for a first post. I'll make it prettier next post when it's not midnight

User Image
User Image
User Image In retrospect, she should have run when she heard the distinct sounds of strife and woe. This would have been the wise thing to do. After all, what help was she going to be? She could rush someone to a hospital and accidentally take out the entire first floor worth of medical electronics in the process... Somehow she doubted they'd hail her as a hero for that.

But she'd gone to investigate the trouble anyway, and it was only when the sirens had wailed in the distance that self-preservation had lifted its sleepy head to look around. It reminded her with a swift kick of adrenaline what happened to mutants who got caught.

They would be looking, on the streets all around there, in the buildings. A mutant had certainly caused this mess, so any mutant was likely to be fair game. Grace's powers had a way of showing up at exactly the wrong moment, so sticking around and acting normal was not an option. Even as she was trying to find her way to somewhere safe, a neon sign flickered off as she passed it. Someone's air conditioning unit in a window ground to an abrupt halt. She could feel the electric pulses being sapped from them into her own body. She needed to get out of sight and fast.

It was then that she spotted the crowds washing in and out of the mall in waves. Hundreds of people, maybe even thousands. A person could get lost in there so easily... except that a mall meant electricity. She was already too charged. But if she discharged into the ground, away from others, and then kept her mind constantly watching herself, she could maybe at least cut through to another exit and make it back to her safe spot...

She caught a flash of red and blue lights out of the corner of her eye and made her decision quickly. She ducked into an alleyway, kneeling on the ground and placing both hands on the pavement before channeling all her energy into it. The process made her feel incredibly drained, but at the least she wasn't likely to electrocute anyone. Taking a deep breath and trying to keep an even and calm mind, she started towards the mall.

Balance. Balance, nothing goes in, nothing comes out. It just stays where it belongs.

She was in the food court. There were tables everywhere and people at the tables, thousands of people to hide in as well as thousands of witnesses in case anything went wrong.

Balance. Just keep walking, keep breathing. And always watch your levels. Keep the energy out. Don't touch it.

She was halfway through the food court when she caught what was on the screens overhead. She knew she shouldn't look, but it was the surrealness of it that caught her attention. One girl standing there and suddenly the sidewalks broke and the cars flew and the people were tossed like ragdolls. Grace forgot everything else as she stared, envious and terrified all at once. That kind of power and bravado... she could only dream of it.

And then the screen went black.

A pang of fear arched through her as she realized that several more of the televisions had just switched off. She could feel her hair starting to frizz and energy buzz beneath her skin. Balance, she tried to remind herself, but her hands were shaking. A small spark jumped over to the table closest to her, subtle enough that she was the only one that seemed to panic. It had hit one of the few empty tables, but it was about then that she noticed that beneath the thin linoleum coating they'd been given, these tables were metal. She had just planted herself in a veritable minefield and the tvs had been kind enough to give her a charge. If she tried to discharge here, she would invariable end up shocking a table by accident. If she just tried to walk through them her odds were no better. Panic was surging and with it she could feel herself losing control.

Well, this was stupid, she thought bitterly.

bopeebo's Oppa

Tipsy Vampire

8,940 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image

Regrets collect like old friends, here to relive your darkest moments。

all of the ghouls come out to play, every ᴅᴇмøɴ wants their pound of flesh。
But I like to keep some things to myself; I like keep my issues 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘,
It’s always darkest before the d wn。

With shopping bags held tightly in both hands, River casually strolled through the crowded mall with ease, weaving through the masses carefully as they went about their business and she went about hers. It seemed like forever since she last had a break from both her day and night job so now was as good a time as any to finally catch up on some much needed shopping. She had put it off long enough. For weeks now, even when she did have a few sparing moments, River had been a bit weary going out to places like the mall with things being as they were. Total unrest gripped Seattle now more then ever with the growing tension between mutants and humans getting more and more dangerous with every passing day. The only difference now then before was that she couldn't just avoid it anymore, she had to face it sometime; sooner rather then later.

As River continued to wander through the mall aimlessly, her light green eyes scanned the faces of the people walking around her, her ears keenly listening in on the chatter and whispers of strangers to appease her curiosity. How long would she have to listen in on other peoples irritating prattle before she'd actually find someone worth listening to for once? After years of being forced to listen to either side argue about the superiority of their own kind, River gladly wished for a like minded individual with enough sense to know that both sides where too set in their own ways for any good to come out of either of them. River knew all to well that neither side would ever really get what they want and in the end nobody would win; there are never winner in wars against blood.

Finished with her shopping, and having endured her fill of random chatter, River let out a soft sigh before making her way to the semi-crowded food court; her last stop before heading back home for some peace and relaxation.

"My head says salad but my gut is in the mood for a nice greasy slice of..."

She could't finish her thought; her mind seemed to be temporarily caught off guard by what she was seeing. On all of the large hanging monitors, which were usually spouting off random deals and advertisements, now portrayed scenes of the earlier "mutant attack" and first hand testimonies from both mutant sympathizers and pro-human activist alike. A bitter lump formed in the back of River's throat and a sour feeling gripped her stomach as she watched the video feed pan over to glimpse at the bodies left from the damage, some more broken then others. Suddenly she had lost all her appetite.

"When will anyone learn....?"

I try tolook my best.
I'm feeling a bit,uneasy.
I needsomething to eatto keep me going.
I'm here atthe mallif you need me.
I'm here witha whole bunch of people to keep me company.
I am OutOfControl: yay finally fixed :3

it's hard to ∂ąηɔε with the ᴅᴇνιʟ on your back; so shake him off
i am done with my graceless, so tonight i'm gonna cut ---it out then restart.
Cause i like to keep my issues 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘,
it's always darkest before the d wn。

Dangerous Sex Symbol

"I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice when I'm not around
You're so ******** special
I wish I was special
"

User Image

His slender fingers took a fistful of his blonde locks in each hand as his eyes darted across the faces of the countless incresingly angry strangers who now began to converge on him like an angry mob. A few of the less furious members took to the rear of the formation, simply wanting a better view of what was to happen to their martyr as his feet froze to the ground. Panic, that was what he felt. The eyes of them were transfixed upon him, trapped and cornered. There was no escape from the hatred of them, and to think their judgement hat petrified him for so long, perhaps his fears had been misplaced. His hands slowly fell to his sides as he attempted desperately to find some hidden solution to his problem, some sort of divine salvation from those who hoped to destroy him in their prejudice, though he found no hope reaching out to him from the shadows.

Suddenly, a single figure rose above the crowd just as the shouts and chaos became a buzzing in Jackson's ears, not an audible voice could be made out from the crowd until a new stranger appeared before him, a single obstacle in their path, though seemingly her entrance had been enough to falter their advance. Several of the larger men in front paused a moment as they tried to make sense of not just why this girl had acted in the shimmering blonde male's defense, but how... That was when the shouts turned upon her as well, Jackson would have kept his focus on them except this rather cute female had instead reached out to him. She urged him to calm down, insisting that she was there to help him. "Warp..." Jackson's brow furrowed in confusion, but it wasn't her name that perplexed him. The fact she'd gone out of her way to defend him, to expose herself as one of his kind in the means to deliver safety and security to the blonde. It was foolish, stupid in fact. Jackson was hardly worth the sacrifice of any individual, no matter how noble. "... Why would you want to-" His words were cut off as the girl's face suddenly and violently had been shook with a brutal blow to her jaw, delivered by one of the larger figures who stood so impendingly over the two of them, like shadows, demons. Jackson felt his only hope suddenly begin to slip away from him. Safety slipping through his fingers, surely she would abandon her rescue attempts once the pain set in... But no, she did quite the opposite, rising forth with violent intent, her hand shape-shifting into the form of a deadly and intimidating blade. She brought the weaponized limb to the man's throat and shouted threats through bloodied lips with malice.

"Stop... you dont have to... to kill him." Jackson muttered sheepishly, reaching out a hand for her top, suddenly seeing the girl's exposed back where her wings had previously been located, he realized that as he tugged at her shirt, his hand grazed against the smooth skin now exposed, which brought a red hue to his cheeks as he quickly withdrew his hand from her, stepping back. It was not her voice he heard next, but a much more viscious and sensuous one. A Woman. A venomously sweet hint of danger on her every syllable as she threatened once again. When it finally set in in Jackson's mind just what was happening, he felt another pang of shame. He couldn't even save himself, it was two women who acted out in his defense before he could get up the courage to act out in self preservation. Even after he'd ended up exposing himself, he still couldn't defend himself. Pitiful. As he looked on as the Red-head lashed out against violently against the crowd, it wasn't disgust or fear that gripped him any longer, it was admiriation. He took in the way she fearlessly acted out, so confident, so capable with her powers. He wanted so badly to be like her in that regard.

By now the Arcade had completely cleared out, Save for the Blade-handed woman, her victim, and Jackson. Of course the horrified man who had dared strike such a brave woman as Warp, dared not move, for fear of triggering the girl's reflexes and slit his own throat, However as Jackson looked into the man's eyes, he could clearly make out the fear and regret beneath his tough exterior. Perplexed, the young man took a step towards the pair and reached out towards him. His powers took form and the blazing white fire which had earlier erupted from his body violently now seeped from the palm of his hand like glowing white smoke. The energy this light contained circled the man slowly, weaving through his hair and over his face. Terrified the man pleaded for his life, begging the two not to kill him, but as soon as he finished his pathetic cries, the white smoke left him and returned to Jackson's palm as he closed his eyes, as if he could hear something far off and was trying desperately to make it out.

"... He's harmless." Jackson finally muttered to the shape-shifting woman who had saved him from certain destruction. "He doesnt wanna hurt us anymore, in fact he just wants to make it out of this building alive... you've got no reason to kill him now." Jackson spoke softly, so that only the two of them could hear his words. Confused, the man peered up at Jackson with gratitude, though he could not fathom just what had just happened, he was grateful. Jackson smiled softly at his savior.

"I'm Jackson Silas... I think you should save some of the others... I'm fine now, thanks." with a shy shrug, and eyes averted from her face, He moved towards the exit to the arcade and into the chaos, however something was different now... Silence had settled over the entire food court, and every body in the room seemed frozen in time, as if the whole world had come to a halt. Jackson smiled inwardly at the display, for a moment he thought he had somehow accomplished the amazing feat himself, but under closer observation, he found that a handful of other individuals in the room were able to move as well. That was when he made the assumption... there was another male in the room who appeared to be about the same age as Jackson himself, who appeared just as distraught as Jackson had likely only a few moments ago. He watched the teenager for a long moment, impressed with the power he must have possessed. Jackson could clearly see that each of the others were Mutant's like him, evident in the essence of their energies, clearly observed by the teen thanks to his gifts. Smiling for a moment, feeling safe among friends in this new silence, he was not sure how long it would last, but he was thankful for the chance to breathe, to think.

Finally, Jackson's eyes found the single, floating portal into what appeared to be another building entirely. He hadn't seen just which one of his peers created the gateway, but knew that any place was better than here. If the people managed to break free of the other boy's spell, Jackson knew there would be hell to pay.
                                                "I think... It might be smart to... jump?" Jackson spoke with unsure words, perhaps it was a trap? Maybe one of the others had a better solution, the young man's words were simply an observation of an opportunity, nothing more, declared aloud to the other Mutants.

( outofcontext: )

User Image
"Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want
You're so ******** special
I wish I was special
But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here"

Quick Reply

Submit