Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sarcastic Daredevil

User ImageKalath Graumizan

It was her reaction that he quirked a brow at, hands moving to scoop the coins up before adding them to his purse.

"I suppose you are more than capable of making that amount of coin on your own then? Very well."
Who would he have been to argue that she needed him? It was certainly not a knowledge that he had, even if he had taken notice to the increased cash flow after he had chimed in on her song. Perhaps the inhabitants of the village preferred to pay towards the end of a performance. Made for a certain logic, after all.

Still, it all didn't change him from puffing out his cheeks in disapproval to her assumption of his helplessness, even if his recently-flopped deal did leave him with very little as it were. He would sulk, burying his thoughts into his food and drink until a small and pathetic whimper caught his ears.
The sound alone was enough to pull him from his food, the redhead peering around and under his table again, almost searching for the source. The whine had been awful to Kalath; something on its own enough to spur his desire to fix whatever the cause for the sound had been. Yet... What was he looking for?

"Did you hear that? That wasn't my imagination, was it?"

Sure, he had a particular habit of picking up distant noises that caught his interest on certain occasions, but always in the wilderness. Never inside a building, and never something of that particular nature.

Company: Nelenwe
Feeling: Initially agitated; then suddenly and genuinely concerned
Ooc:

Melisande the Innkeeper

LanceX

Healing Star

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Imagexxxxxxι αм ωιᴛʜ... Dan&Nolanxxxxxxι αм ᴛʜιиᴋιиɢ ᴀʙσᴜᴛ... My 'gift'xxxxxxмʏ мσσɗ ιs... Apprehensive
xxxxxxxxxx▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂ ▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂ ▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxxRather than being rewarded with more information on the interesting duo, the voice known as Dan asked her how she came to obtain the egg, followed up by the question of whether or not she travelled. Kali smiled lightly at the questions. I suppose it's only fair for him to ask, dragons aren't exactly common. Resting her cane against the bench, she folded her hands in her lap. "Well, being blind makes travel quite hard. Borderline impossible." she began, tapping her fingers nervously. Kali had only told one soul about her visions, and that person had passed away a couple years ago. Sighing, she steeled her nerves in preparation.

xxx Kali chuckled nervously. "No, sir. I do not travel." Here, she paused. Would they believe her, or would they label her as insane? Shaking her head, she continued. "I've been plagued by what you would call visions since I was a child. It was in one of these visions that I found her egg. It was in a bush next to the raging river, in my vision. I watched it hatch and watched the newly hatched wyrmling stumble out of the bush and straight into the rapids, where it would drown and have its tiny body bashed around in the current." Kali shuddered, reliving the experience in her mind. "And I got to witness this all through Jexa's eyes." She lowered her head, and Jexa nuzzled Kali affectionately, feeling her surrogate mother's mood change.

xxxIn a way, telling someone about the visions that had been with her since childhood was like a huge weight off of her shoulders. She almost felt buoyant. Now, however, she waited for the judgement these two men who sat next to her would pass on her and her story. Would they dub her a liar? She'd find out in a second, she supposed.

xxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxσиʟʏ σʀαиɢᴇ ʀᴀʏσиs

Silentisra

LanceX's Waifu

Enduring Survivor

14,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image
★ Gemma Ironheart ★
● ⊂ ◐ ☾ ○ ☽ ◑ ⊃ ●

Gemma listened to Lacey, smiling slightly when the dragon said the name of her deity, and that her mother had been a priestess. A head priestess, no less. But the smile was quickly replaced by a deep frown as she asked if she was evil, and gave a whimper that sounded scared and sad.
"Let me tell you a story, Lacey. That is your name?" She pulled her necklace back up, and lowered the other one, Lacey's pendant, down to her. "Before I found my church, well, before I found it again, I asked the same question. I.. became something that I was not born as, and I did some bad things. But I repented for them, and now I try my best to protect others. When I first started following you, yes, I thought you were evil, that the balance between good and evil was that either you are one, or the other, but now? No, I do not believe that you are evil. You are just young, and learning." She raised a hand to call over one of the serving people, wanting to get something to eat for herself and the small dragon.
"I have never said something like this before, but I believe that you are like I was. Just lost, looking for a way to understand the things happening. If you believe, Bahamut will guide you. Protect you, and show you your path. Eat with me, and perhaps I can think of a way to help you understand the things happening, and help you? I understand if you will not trust me. I hunted you almost relentlessly, and I am sorry for that." She said, leaning back in the chair. It was strange for her, to feel this way, to want to help a creature that had caused pain to others, but the young dragon made her think of herself, when she had first been turned into... what she was.

[Current Status: Calming down slightly ]
[With: Lacey ]
[Where: In the tavern ]
[Mood: Sad ]
[OOC: ]

LanceX

Aged Explorer

~~~~~~Lacey~~

Location > Fairbourne Tavern
Company > Gemma
Mood > Calming

The voice of the hunter grabbed her attention and when she heard her say her name she lifted her head to look back up at her once more. She gave a slow nodded to her question and listened to her story intrigue by what the woman meant. She had seen many people come to the temple to receive guidance or forgiveness or even to just find their way. She felt a bit better as the hunter told her she no longer thought she was evil nor do her any harm. for the first time someone wanted to help her. She then she was like her and she was sorry for being so relentless. Lacey slowly got up ad took her pendent in her paw grasping it tightly as she sat down leaning back so that she could put it back on. " Bahamut will guide me and I will make Mama proud. " She said with a nod to herself as she turned and slowly climbed up onto a chair and carefully peeked her head up above the table looking across it at the hunter. " Is it safe for Lacey to be seen?" She said quietly her eyes darting about looking at all the patrons. She caught a glimpse of the two that still sat at the table she was last at and stared as the red haired man for a few moments something about him felt different she thought before a loud sound of clanking glass fallowed by a cheers from a few patrons at the bar. This startled her as she yelped and ducked back under the table as she flattened herself on the chair.
Tetsu Youko

Numrigaaz

Friendly Informer

10,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
Kali explained that she didn't travel, which made sense. She seemed like what she was about to tell them was going to frighten them away, she nervously laughed. She seemed to be quite hesitant, Iordan thought. The woman began speaking of visions. This did surprise Iordan a bit, but he didn't show it. Unlike Nolan, who was trying to figure out exactly what she was talking about, he always made strange faces when he was concentrating.

Iordan sat there silently thinking, or more like envisioning what exactly having an ability like that would be like. She didn't seem to be lying, but why would she tell two complete strangers about something like this? No, she wasn't lying. She had no reason to lie, unless she was covering up the real way she obtained the egg. But if she didn't want to talk about it she wouldn't have. She was telling the truth, Iordan decided. Nolan had come to the same conclusion, the two looked at each other like they had an unspoken agreement.

The young man looked Kali straight in the eyes, "You talk of visions, but what exactly is it like to have them?" people usually found his staring unsettling, but he found it to be a good way to make sure people don't lie to his face.

Deviant Halo

LanceX's Waifu

Enduring Survivor

14,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image
★ Gemma Ironheart ★
● ⊂ ◐ ☾ ○ ☽ ◑ ⊃ ●

Gemma leaned back in her chair, smiling when Lacey spoke of her god, and her mother. "I am very sure you will make both of them proud." She said, nodding, though the dragon would not see it. She was sure that anyone else who might have seen her, probably thought she was crazy, and talking to herself. When Lacey poked her head up, she was brought back to the first time she had been exposed to humans in a bar area after her shift. Things had been so loud that first time, it had frightened her as well, and when Lacey flattened herself against the chair, Gemma felt bad that she had not realized how similar they were in the first place.
"You are safe here. So far as I can tell, no others seem to really mind things that are out of the ordinary." She looked over at the table where there were two people sitting. They seemed to be chatting away, perhaps. "It can get very loud in these places sometimes. Do not let it frighten you." She said kindly to Lacey. "How long have you been a part of the faith following Bahamut?" She asked, figuring it had probably been most of Lacey's life. "I have only followed the path of faith a short time, in comparison to many."

[Current Status: Calming down slightly ]
[OOC: Slight edit because I just re-read a few posts and realized I'd gotten things mixed up. Sorry! ]

LanceX
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♫Nelenwe♫

♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫

She tilted her head, straining to hear anything out of the ordinary. "No, Kalath, I can't say that I hear anything unusual..." she gave him a sly smile. "Perhaps the drink is affecting you. Not entirely sure I'm all right with you being such a lightweight." A good performer can always hold their liquor. However, the look on his face showed genuine concern. Perhaps he had heard something. As she thought, she started her humming again. This time, a recognizable tune. Her fingers drummed idly, marking the beat of the song. She couldn't help it. The second she stopped thinking of what she was doing, the music took over. It flowed through her body and into her extremities.

With a sudden jolt, she came to her senses again. Embarrassed and red and clasped her hands tightly in her lap. She tried very hard not to do that in public. She avoided Kalath's gaze, and glanced around the tavern. She saw something move suddenly when a loud laugh exploded from a man at the bar. It was on the other side of a table occupied only by a lone hunter. Huh, maybe she was being affected by the drink too.

♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫•.¸¸.•´´¯`•♫

Numrigaaz

Healing Star

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Imagexxxxxxι αм ωιᴛʜ... Nolan&Danxxxxxxι αм ᴛʜιиᴋιиɢ ᴀʙσᴜᴛ... My 'gift'xxxxxxмʏ мσσɗ ιs... Relieved
xxxxxxxxxx▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂ ▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂ ▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxxThe duo was quiet for a while, making Kali's nerves skyrocket. She fidgeted with her hands as she waited, jumping when Dan's voice suddenly came out of the darkness. His voice sounded very calm, and far from judgmental. She was elated, and though she tried to look calm, she couldn't help a small smile. Dan was asking what the visions were like, making her smile fade a little. "They can happen at any time of the day. They started out as dreams, only coming to me in my sleep. After too long, they started happening when I was awake as well." Here, Kali smiled sadly, unaware that Dan was looking directly into her eyes. "The problem with them, is that it completely rips consciousness away from me."

xxxKali sighed, shaking her head. "I experience the visions in a way that's hard to describe. It's like I become the person. I experience their emotions, thoughts, actions and feelings... I become that person for the duration. I'm still aware of my own thoughts, but I have no control over anything. It's terrifying, feeling so out of control." She paused, trying to get a handle on the shaking that had taken over her body. "Things were a lot safer when my visions only came while I was asleep, being that I was already unconscious and in bed."

xxxShe smiled meekly in the direction that Dan's voice had been floating to her from, unaware if he was even still there. "Upon being hit with a vision, if I'm awake, my knees give out from beneath me and I'll hit the floor right where I stand. I haven't hit my head yet," she said, tapping her forehead with a finger. "But it will probably happen sometime. I'll be lying there on the floor in my house unconscious for minutes, maybe hours. I can never tell until I get out. Thankfully I've never had a vision out in public to this date." Another nervous laugh rumbled from her chest, crossing her hands in her lap again as if gathering her thoughts there. "I don't know if you'll be able to understand what I just told you. Even I don't fully understand it sometimes."

xxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx• • •xxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxσиʟʏ σʀαиɢᴇ ʀᴀʏσиs Happy thanksgiving!

Silentisra

Aged Explorer

~~~~~~Lacey~~

Location > Fairbourne Tavern
Company > Gemma
Mood > Calming

She laid still for a moment as the noise faded some back to the normal commotion level that the tavern was already at. She let out a soft sigh as she heard the hunter speak once more to her giving her some assurance that is was safe here and that nobody would hurt her. Taking a deep breath she propped her self up sitting down in the chair her long tail hanging off the side and her wings pulled tightly to her back. Her orange eyes gazed back across the table at Gemma blinking a few times as she thought of her question. " I've followed bahamut for as long as i can remember. I'm..."She paused for a moment as she counted to herself."Lacey is eight winters old and Mama always says it's never to late to find ones path." She was feeling a bit better and even a little happy as she talked to the woman it wasn't often that people were nice let alone interested in the dragon. This made Lacey happy she loved to talk and learn new things she spent many ours asking her mother all sorts of questions tho sometimes she could be to trusting of strangers no matter how often her mother told her to avoid them. Her thoughts were then broken as a loud grumble crept its way out of the dragons belly. She became flustered and embaressed as she looked up at Gemma with large hungry eyes." Is it still ok to get some food please I'm very hungry." She said softly trying to be polite to the woman as she looked back aroun =d the room again realizing no one really noticed her or seemed to mind that she was there. She smiled some as her view stopped back at the table of two elves who seemed to be stuck in conversation still before bringing her gaze back to Gemma.
Tetsu Youko

Sarcastic Daredevil

User ImageKalath Graumizan

Affected by the drink? Already?
Nonsense!
No. Really. It took quite a bit to hurt him in the world of drink. Actually used to make him a bit of coin, drinking confident men under the table in a contest.
Still, his flustered reaction to the bard's quickly faded as he brought the drink to his lips again, muttering some words before taking another swig.
"Guess you'll just have to tag along with me to keep me out of drunken trouble."

That was when the laughter erupted; the sudden burst of sound startling the redhead into a a small jolt. Just enough to splash his drink into his face and, of course, turn a gaze of ire towards the owner of the voice.

From within the pits of those amber eyes, fiery embers burned as the elf ran a caramel hand over his face, wiping away the unfortunate alesplatter.

He had seen the source to be a potential client, unfortunately, and made the quick decision to not act upon his rage; instead choosing to fume in his seat and take a swig from what remained of his drink.

"So, what were you planning to do for the rest of the day? Any idea what these festivities are about?"

Company: Nelenwe
Feeling: Grrr.
Ooc: Sorry about the wait

Melisande the Innkeeper

Friendly Informer

10,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
Everything Kali had said only made Iordan think she must be an idiot, "Why haven't you sought help? It's really the only thing that could make it easier." He remembered she was blind and that eye contact would not change anything, no matter. Things like that didn't faze him. He continued, "There are plenty of people who study this kind of thing, you should find one of them and sty with them a while. It would benefit you and whoever you found."

Iordan sighed, the performers would take a while, he knew. But if they didn't come out soon then waiting here would have be a waste of his time. He hated people who wasted his time.

LanceX's Waifu

Enduring Survivor

14,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image
★ Gemma Ironheart ★
● ⊂ ◐ ☾ ○ ☽ ◑ ⊃ ●

Eight winters? Gemma thought on that for a loooong moment. She'd been almost twice that age when she'd been changed. A twinge of guilt curled in her stomach, but she smiled slightly. "I have never met a dragon as young as you. You are very young for your kind." She said, and the smile cheered some when Lacey talked of Bahamut, and her mother's belief in finding one's path.
"Your mother sounds like a smart woman. And she spoke true, we never know when we might find our paths, or when something might send them a different way." Though she didn't say it, she knew that this was far different than the path she had been on only an hour prior. It amazed her, how one small thing could change so much about the future.
"Of course, I will gladly get you something to eat." She raised a hand in the air again, calling over one of the servers in the tavern, and waited until they finally came over. She settled on whatever meat she could get her hands on, barely cooked, then turned to Lacey. "What would you like? Anything at all that they have here." She said, knowing there couldn't be too many things that would be over the amount she generally carried on her. Granted... with a festival or whatever about to start... Oh well. She had already made the offer.
"So, Lacey. What happened back in the village? If we are to make this work, and help get your power under control, I need to know what made you lose that control." She said, quietly, after the server had left. No need to draw any more attention to the two of them.

[Current Status: Thoughtful, hungry ]
[OOC: ]

LanceX

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers