( ) ғ ɪ ᴠ ᴇ application
                          ( ) s ɪ x locations
                          ( ) s ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ locations
                          ( ) ᴇ ɪ ɢ ʜ ᴛ updates
                          ( ) ʟ ɪ ɴ ᴋ s OOC & PT

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
                          ( ) ʙ ᴀ s ɪ ᴄ plot
                              There are many territories in the world of Ardas. Our story focuses on the Kingdoms of Nerene and Culbriath, neighboring lands that peacefully coexist, for the most part. Though they often disagree and sometimes suggest war, they understand that they are economically interdependent. Thus, most arguments usually fizzle out within a year. The only real issue threatening their alliance is the "soot flu", a newly discovered sickness with no known cure. It seems to attack the lungs first, where a black paste-like substance builds up until the victim suffocates. Nerenian medics are offering controversial treatments that somewhat maintain the illness, while Culbriant officials have built quarantine cells, in which the sickly are locked away until they inevitably die.

( ) ᴅ ɪ ʏ storyline
                              As you can probably tell, the above plot is pretty vague. There is no solid course of action for you to take, as this role play is character-driven more than anything. I would like this to be a relaxed thread filled with original characters whose own plots intersect. Sort of like a create-your-own storybook. If we are able to cure the "soot flu", then great. If not, that's fine. The illness is really just an excuse to get ideas pumping.

To clarify, I like it when characters just go about their daily lives, tackling different issues one day at a time. In this way, we can watch them gradually develop. To me, character development is the most important part of any role play. I wanted to make an rp that would allow us to fully explore our characters without being restricted by a demanding plot. Does that make sense? If not, please feel free to contact me.

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
                          ( ) ᴏ ɴ ᴇ behavior
                              It should go without saying that you must abide by the TOS. Harmful behavior will not be tolerated, and will result in immediate banishment. To avoid this, please respect all members of this role play, and try to discuss any disagreements in a calm and understanding manner. I don't expect you to sing kumbaya while sitting cross-legged in a circle, but I do expect you to behave like proper adults.

Speaking of adult behavior, know that I personally do not shy away from mature themes. Swearing, mild violence, and sexual implications are fine with me, as long we maintain a PG-13 rating. If I find an explicit scene within this thread, all guilty participants will be banned and reported. I honestly don't care what you do outside of this thread. Just don't get me in trouble, or I will ruin your existence. (Please don't make me be the bad guy. Let's just be friends, okay?)

( ) ᴛ ᴡ ᴏ posting
                              I'm pretty lenient when it comes to posting requirements. As long as you can type one, meaty paragraph per character, you're probably okay. (Assuming you have a nice understanding of the English language and can properly use grammar and punctuation.) All I ask is that you not exceed six paragraphs per character, as literally no one wants to read a novel per post. Everyone says it, but quality is so much more important than quantity.

Also, I do not believe in mirroring my partners. Just because you crank out seven paragraphs of fluff, doesn't mean I am going to do the same. I will reply with however much I need to get my point across. Please do not feel obligated to type more than you want, as that makes role playing feel more like a job than a hobby. I would much rather you focus on how well you type.

As far as post formats are concerned, I honestly don't give a s**t if you use one. It would be nice if you could include an image of your character, but that is all I am asking of you. Oh, and please use size 10 or 11 font. If you choose to make a layout, please do not page-stretch, and do not blind anyone with neon colors. That sounds doable, right?

( ) ᴛ ʜ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ characters
                              Unoriginal characters will not be accepted. The setting of this role play should be evident in your character's profile. In other words, your character must be believable and relevant in this medieval fantasy world. Consider gender and age roles, the level of available education, where your character falls in the class system, etc. Do they enjoy their position, or would they like to change it? If so, how would they go about this change? Their choices will depend, in part, on their personalities.

Speaking of personalities, do not focus solely on one trait. People are made of many layers, and you should consider this when creating your character's profile. One trait does not define a person. When you add a trait to your character, ask yourself, "Why does this apply to ___?" Is it the result of their environment, age, place in society, some life event, etc. Consider the responsibilities of your character and what is required to fulfill them. What do they do for a living, and what relationships do they have? Are the single, dating, or married? No matter what your answers are, ask why.

Answer these questions, but do not spell all of them out for us. Some answers could be secrets, which may or may not be discovered later. Also remember to leave room for character development. If everything is set in stone, your character will never change, and change makes role plays exciting.

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
                          ( ) ɴ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ɴ ɪ ᴀ ɴ citizens

medic: Heloise Honeycott
                              medic: Lymle Reinhart
                              other: _____

( ) ᴄ ᴜ ʟ ʙ ʀ ɪ ᴀ ɴ ᴛ citizens

engineer: Cecil Kalturi
                              student: Marius Konrad

( ) ᴏ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʀ characters

dancer: _____

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image

[img]http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss288/Titaniumheartz/Decorated images/7d97b22a-0ca7-438b-be4d-259e2284f6a4_zps00c2a9dd.png~original[/img]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=12][color=#58595B]( [color=#7C94B6]♔[/color] ) [b][u][color=#FDD7D5]ɢ ᴇ ɴ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ ʟ [/color][/u][/b] [color=#7C94B6];[/color]information
                          [list][list][size=10]name: (( Please use a fantasy or medieval name. ex: estellise, faolin, reinhart. ))
                          race: (( Most humanoid races are acceptable. Humans, elves, drow, vampires, witches, warlocks, mermaids, sirens, succubi / incubi, nymphs, were-people, and halflings of any combination. Feel free to suggest an unlisted race. ))
                          residence: (( Nerene, Culbriath, other. ))
                          role: (( Do not feel obligated to fulfill any of the listed roles. Do you want to be a merchant or a bartender? What about a wanderer? Feel free to create your own. ))
                          sexuality: (( Straight, bisexual, gay. Undecided, unconsidered? ))
                          abilities: (( If your character can use magic, specify here. Magic is pretty limited, and users must channel through objects. Also include other notable abilities like speed, flexibility, etc. ))
                          other: (( Is there anything else you want us to know about your character? ))[/size][/list][/list]
                          ( [color=#7C94B6]♔[/color] ) [b][u][color=#FDD7D5]ᴅ ᴇ ᴛ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ᴇ ᴅ[/color][/u][/b] [color=#7C94B6];[/color]analysis
                          [list][list][size=10]In one paragraph, briefly describe your character's personality. Please do not focus on only one trait. [/size][/list][/list]
                          ( [color=#7C94B6]♔[/color] ) [b][u][color=#FDD7D5]ᴘ ᴇ ʀ s ᴏ ɴ ᴀ ʟ[/color][/u][/b] [color=#7C94B6];[/color]background
                          [list][list][size=10]In 2+ paragraphs, briefly describe your character's background. You are not required to include every detail, and may feel free to exclude secrets. If you are interested in having a preexisting relationship with another character, please ask for consent. This is where most people are rejected, so be creative, but don't go insane. Your character must feel like he/she belongs in this world.

[spoiler]1) I am obsessed with image quality. A good place to find an acceptable image is zerochan.net. If you need help finding a suitable image for your character(s), please feel free to contact me. I am always willing to lend a hand in this department.

2) Please include a sample of your work with your application. If you do not have a sample, prove your skills within this profile. I typically do not require samples, but I had a bit of an issue the last time I created a role play, so please just show me how well you type.
                          [/spoiler] [/size][/list][/list]

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
                          ( ) ᴍ ᴀ ɪ ɴ Kingdom of Nerene
                              population: 800,000 adults. Average density.
                              economy: Financially prosperous. Booming job market.
                              exports: Textiles, produce, potions, artwork, manual labor.

famous: Nerene is known for its lavish festivals and appreciation for the arts. Several schools have been specifically developed for promising young artists and dancers. Consequently, the entire Kingdom is beautifully decorated with intricate architecture and well-maintained gardens. Citizens of Nerene believe in relying on the natural world for everyday needs, so many grow their own crops and raise their own animals. Most women sew clothes for their families, and those with great skill make a living from their craft, selling their goods in the bustling marketplace. Nerene is also the world's leading capital in medical advancements, housing renowned and revolutionary health professionals.

infamous: Despite its agricultural and medical advancements, Nerene is not considered an intellectual Kingdom. Its educational system is inadequate at best, governed by the stringent caste system and unavailable to most citizens. Only the wealthiest families have access to decent schools, with only male children receiving proper lessons. Actually, these limitations are applicable to most things in Nerene. The social organization offers little wiggle room for those wishing to progress, and the entire Kingdom is unbelievably sexist. Women are expected to fulfill specific, often demeaning gender roles without complaint. There seems to be little sympathy for struggling laborers, and some feel trapped in an externally beautiful cage.

( ) ᴍ ᴀ ɪ ɴ Kingdom of Culbriath
                              population: 600,000 adults. High density.
                              economy: Financially stable. Steady job market.
                              exports: Gemstones, machines, power, weaponry, literature.

famous: Culbriath is known for the magical power system that is revolutionizing the industrial world. Since most of the kingdom's revenue comes from factory production, this is especially helpful. Culbriants do not abide by gender stereotypes, believing that if a person can do the job right, their gender is irrelevant. They also place a heavy emphasis on education. School attendance is mandatory, and since there is a wide array of institutions specializing in different things, citizens have little problem choosing the school that suits them best. Culbriath is home to some of the most prominent scholars the world has ever known, hence the power system and other profound inventions.

infamous: Many criticize Culbriath's dependence on a seemingly unsustainable energy source. Magic is hard to come by, as there is a finite supply in the world, and many fear that abusing it will lead to irreversible exhaustion. Additionally, the energy found in magic is delicate and temperamental, and poor handling could easily cause a meltdown. Maintaining power is time-consuming and difficult, resulting in overworked factory employees who typically work for twelve hours a day. More if the job calls for it. This would be somewhat more acceptable if employees had decent benefits, but they do not. Culbriath's medical care is underwhelming and practically unattainable. If someone is injured or becomes seriously ill, they are more or less ignored if they don't have money.

( ) ᴍ ɪ ɴ ᴏ ʀ Lost Empire of Al'Samahr
                              population: 500,000 adults. High density.
                              economy: Financially desperate. Struggling job market.

summary: Far to the South, the Samahrran Empire was once one of the most powerful nations in Ardas. It's capitol city of Al'Kharaan was once the jewel of trade in the world. Once a nation of great wealth, many of the world's most valuable jewels and precious artifacts came from the Empire. Samahrran steel is also considered to be the finest weaponry money can buy.

However the Empire's prosperity fell flat on its face when the Last Emperor Rahal Al'Shaaled died young at the age of nine as the last of the Imperial line. Without the rule of the Imperial family, the ancient animosities between the various tribes began to rise again forcing the once great nation into chaos, causing a civil war that would last centuries. The leaders of tribes battled over territory, resources, and power. The once glorious Imperial capitol had seen so much battle, that almost none of the majestic city remains. Many of the lush jungles had been reduced to barren wastelands and the rivers began to run dry. However, even today throughout this one mighty kingdom, remnants of the Lost Empire show the rest of the world what Al'Samahrra once was. Though most of the land is now a den of thieves and slavers, which is why the rest of the world regards Samahrrans mostly as criminals and swindlers. As resources began to run out domestically, the remaining tribes set aside their hostilities to look to other nations for resources to bring home, in any way that they can. This caused a dramatic increase in Samahran mercenaries, pirates, slavers, and merchants across all corners of the world.

summary:

( ) ᴍ ɪ ɴ ᴏ ʀ Oasis
                              population: 250,000 adults. Average density.
                              Economy: Stable, slowly declining ;; steady job market due to traditional way of life.
                              Exports: Paper, Glassware Artisan Crafts, Exotic Goods, Silk, Spirit Dates and other Magical Supplies.
                              Imports: Preserved Goods and Grains, Gold and other Metals,

In the heart of the Aryd Dessert lies a centuries old Oasis fabled to have been the origin of life itself.
                              It's mystic waters are undoubtedly magical in properties but little is known about it since the pool
                              is considered a holy ground by the [], the civilization surrounding the oasis. The city of [] is an
                              ancient thriving city rich with culture and history. The people are highly spiritual and lead their lives
                              according to their spiritual calling. Among them are merchants, harvesters, hunters, carpenters,
                              artisans, soldiers and mostly those at the service of their divine royalty.

It is a custom old tradition for every citizen of [] to attend coming of age ceremonies at their 10,
                              15 and 20 year marks to receive their spiritual awakening from the royal priests. This ritual,
                              considered barbaric by many other nations is the physical marking of a [] by the magical mud
                              and stones found in the oasis banks. The marking gives the [] control over their spirit animal, and
                              allows them to better understand what they are meant to do in the world. Over the centuries,
                              these ceremonies have shaped the social cast, since one's craft often depends on their spirit
                              animal. Families often share similar animals and many have been known to be born with
                              characteristics of animals already associated with the family line. A person with weak animal
                              spirits may not join the ranks of soldiers or hunters, while a person with a feral animal may not
                              assume position of more mild mannered social tasks. Apart from their spirit, the people are not
                              limited by their gender, wealth or even family status if their spirit rises above their family.

It can be assumed that the city state used to be more powerful in the past but their ambitions and
                              mannerisms have become milder with time. The once pristine looking city has lost some of it's
                              grandeur but the people remain proud. It is extremely difficult for foreigners to be accepted into
                              the culture completely but merchants and traders are always welcome. [] is famous in the other
                              kingdoms for, among other things, their spirits dates that are magically delicious as well as nutritious.

( ) ᴍ ɪ ɴ ᴏ ʀ Were-Village
                              population: 100,000 adults. High density.
                              economy: Financially stable. Steady job market.

summary: The Were-villages is nestled between Nerene and Culbriath, and serves as an international marketplace. It is located within a dense forest and is composed of small huts, some functioning as both residential and commercial properties, and all crammed together to form a cluster of buildings. One can buy anything he needs in the Were-village, as they sell goods from many different cities, as well as their own special products. Residents are small and docile creatures who typically remain politically neutral. Their animals are randomly generated at birth, allowing for an eclectic community despite the lack of racial diversity. Families are typically very large, as citizens are encouraged to have plenty of offspring to support the population. Also, the Were-village has no solid form of government, since its citizens are too anti-conflict to cause any real trouble.

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
                          ( ) ɪ ɴ s ɪ ᴅ ᴇ Kingdom of Nerene
                              1. Clinic
                                ☑ Office
                                ☑ Emergency Room
                                ☑ Inpatient Wing/Room
                                ☑ Laboratory

2. University
                                ☑ Library
                                ☑ Dormitories
                                ☑ Courtyard

3. Market District
                                ☑ Main Street
                                ☑ Restaurant Area
                                ☑ Bar / Tavern Street
                                ☑ Underground Trading

4. Art District
                                ☑ Festival Grounds
                                ☑ School Zone
                                ☑ Theater
                                ☑ Museum
                                ☑ Performance Area (for traveling shows)

( ) ɪ ɴ s ɪ ᴅ ᴇ Kingdom of Culbriath
                              1. Power Plant
                                ☑ Laboratories
                                ☑ Storage Room
                                ☑ Core Machine
                                ☑ Breaker Room
                                ☑ Sanitation Machine

2. University
                                ☑ Library
                                ☑ Dormitories
                                ☑ Courtyard
                                ☑ Quarantine Cells
                                  (kept at the university for experimental studies / learning purposes)

3. Market District
                                ☑ Main Street
                                ☑ Restaurant Area
                                ☑ Bar / Tavern Street
                                ☑ Underground Trading

4. Manufacturing District
                                ☑ Weapons Factory
                                ☑ Equipment Factory
                                ☑ Magical Goods Factory
                                ☑ Employee Complexes

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
                          ( ) ᴛ ʜ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴅ updates
                              Mon, July 28th, 2014: Thread started
                              Thu, July 31st, 2014: OOC / recruitment opened
                              Thu, July 31st, 2014: Profile thread started
                              Fri, August 1st, 2014: Main thread completed
                              Fri, August 1st, 2014: Profile thread completed
                              Tu, August 5th, 2014: Main thread renovation
                              Tu, August 5th, 2014: Begin location expansion
                              Sun, August 10th, 2014: Location expansion
                              Sun, August 10th, 2014: Minor IC editing / recolor
                              Mon, August 11th, 2014: Lost City added.
                              Mon, August 11th, 2014: Populations altered.

( ) ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ updates
                              reserved for planned events

( ) ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ʀ ᴀ ᴄ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ updates
                              updated when necessary, or upon request

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
                          ( ) ʙ ʟ ᴀ ɴ ᴋ spot

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
                          ( ) ʙ ʟ ᴀ ɴ ᴋ spot

Quick Reply

Submit