Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Author & Graphics Editor: Veil of Rain
Graphics: Credited to original creator of arts used
Difficulty Level: Literate - Advanced. Literate
Genre: A Scandalous magi-tech Fantasy.
Goal: Roleplay based heavily upon dynamic characters with rich beliefs and interactions which lead to riveting engagements.
Condition: Accepting!!!

User Image
User Image
User Image

High above the citadel streets- seen for miles around, the obsidian arm of Atronus Tower claws at the very heavens. This floating spire reminds all those who would oppose it’s might that a God looms over them. Despite this, rebellion remains strong in the hearts of men and women scattered throughout the Barrenholt lands. While the Old God Atrona prepares the world for his ultimatum, there are still those planning the most treacherous and devious of crimes, Deusidium.

Ѩ

Carved into the eldest of annals, the first epoch begins with the Damzael, the truest name those of native tongue know of the old gods. The gods: Dulixine, Fali, Tre’buke, Kardian, and Atrona, ar five powerful entitieswho forged our planey first, this time is known to us as “The First Epoch.”

No one can say whether it was mortal, or magic that came next. From here, each Damzael had plans they wished to orchestrate, especially upon their latest experiments, yet few of their ideas were congruent with one another. Instead of the folly of bloodshed, they decided using a method unknown to us to determine an order in which they would each rule over their shared planet, Eris. There are many a child’s rhyme guessing at this pact, while scholars spin tales of philosophy and warriors (against common belief) sing of immortal combat.

Fali was first in line, Atrona next, then Kardian, Dulixine, and finally Tre’buke. As with anything new, a certain level of observation and experimentation must be performed to confirm something’s reactions and worth. Ancient towers were built, tributes and devices to remind the lesser beings of their Gods. The execution of these experiments in their many forms began the cycle of each epoch. The epoch consist of serendipitous and terrible new threads.

We became entangled in these threads. The chaos of mortals further divided the Damzael.
                                  Ultimately, the idea of constantly changing Eris to suit each Damzael was unsatisfying, so they left it and retreated to their own planes.
                                  Mortals existed without the direct interference of their gods for centuries. That was until one of them returned to reclaim it.

The nineteenth mortal epoch, (XIX ME), ended after sixty winters with these words:

“Renew your pledge to the Damzael Atrona, and you shall be rewarded. Defiance shall suffer swift consequence. Should you doubt this, ask your kin.” - Atrona, DAE 0

The Epoch of Damzael Atrona , DAE LXIV (64)

Within the citadel Atronus the people go about their daily lives, most simply seeking to survive. The Old God has been sealed within his tower for the last five decades and speaks only through his Arch Lord Magister. Those loyal to him fuel his machinations and enjoy the benefits they are offered before the unknown ultimatum comes to pass.

Meanwhile there are still those outside and inside of the citadel who seek to defy this god. A rebel organization weaves the finest of webs, hoping to fulfill their desire to slay the Damzael before it even has a chance to catch word of their intent. However, when such threads weave through a city in direct servitude to such an entity, courage is in great demand but short supply.

There is no telling when the ultimatum will come to pass.
User Image

Ƚɪτеʀɑϲү

This RP is going to be literate. I want to ensure the ability to maintain a good pace while having enjoyable posts to work with. Post in third person.
                                                I am not giving you a minimum or maximum to your posts, instead I want you to use the “mini-skirt rule”.

The Mini-Skirt Rule: Your posts should be long enough to cover what needs to be covered but short enough to be interesting. I don't want it to be comparable to an elderly overweight man in a speed-o(Way too short, didn't cover much at all, and some are just sad and pathetic).

Follow Gaia ToS. This is going to be a dark fantasy RP and I know people love Romance. I expect things to get violent, and to get steamy just do what you know you should (or shouldn’t) according to the ToS and we’re square.

Imagination is important: I know it's my created world, but things like this become richer with outside sources dipping their fingers in. I remained vague about the races and such to allow freedom to be imaginative. Get creative with not only characters but the world. I'll be making a section for specific areas in the world, but feel free to help take some liberties with what you see. If you're not sure about something, just ask me. Chatting with people in OOC helps too.

Applications and Profiles

Reserves will be sent to Veil of Rain. Title the subject: "I need a Knife".
                                                The reserve is hopefully fun and might help flesh out the characters upon creation. It's a simple "What if?" where you select one of ten questions and write out a post form response. It is not cannon to your character and you may even make a character completely different from what you envisioned, but this will allow me to enjoy a good read, and see what I need to see.

By the way, though there is a weapons section the RP is more about communication and unique characters. Not everyone has to be a fighter of some kind. An engineer who swings around a huge wrench as his weapon, assuming they'd fight is a unique thing.

If you are accepted, CONGRATULATIONS!
                                                If not, I will be discreet and concise.

Now, I just need a sample of the picture you want to use so I can slap your face into one of those needlessly dramatic little blocks I made on the front page. You can, but don't need to include the picture in your reserve message. Also, give me your character's name if you're giving me the picture.

Before we move on you must understand, I don't want a painfully slow RP, not that it needs to be speedy. If you are accepted I want your profile done in the next 3 days. If you need time that's what communication is for but I won't extend it to more than a week.

With the reserves done it's time for profiles! Profiles will be done in your own personal thread for it. I'll link it to the picture on the front.
                                                Just use the code provided, fill it out, remove the lines explaining what to input. Use your thread for making post layouts, or journals or whatever you want as well. As long as the profile is accessible I don' care what you put in the rest of the thread. When you are ready to present PM me the link so I can also link it to your front page picture after looking it over.

Also, you'll see it in the "Lessons" section, description of the races. Those descriptions are a base, and can be strayed from. I don't expect every elf to be a woodland native.

LORE

There will be a section with some basic lore for key points in the world. I know no one wants to have to go through a lot just to know enough to feel invested so I'll do my best to be as minimal as I can while ensuring enough information has been departed.

Left Overs

I’m not going to claim to be God of the RP, but I am the owner of this RP and will act as necessary.

Also, unfortunately, while the RP itself will not require novel lengths posts, there is a bit of reading to be done. I have made efforts to keep it minimal.

As I’ve said, if you have questions feel free to talk to me.
                                                Make use of the OOC to it’s full extent. You can plot, or just catch up.
User Image
                                                                                        User Image

"In the new world, I will Reign..."

Bond Dains: The unified title of Atrona's loyal servants. Those who agree to his will give up themselves and accept that they are his to control. This comes with the belief that once Atrona completes his ultimatum they will be given reign over the world and allowed to continue a prosperous existence. It is believed by Bond Dain's that each decade of Atrona's absence has been committed to undo the old and flawed paths taken by the Damzael.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                                                                            User Image
User Image

User Image

"I will commit the Ultimate Crime..."

Mortal Coils:The title of the rebel group seeking to end the reign of Atrona and restore the world to the control of the mortals. They are of divided races seeking to put aside common squabbles for now. They are not large and often must act with subterfuge, however their recent efforts have been cause for concern for those loyal to Atrona as they draw closer to their goal.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image/url]
                                                                                            User Image
User Image

-Page Twenty Three, Section Two-

As all know, the world was forged by the five Damzael. There is no particular order of their greatness, or age. It is speculated that the Damzael were equal in all aspects save desire. This section briefly describes the varying factors used to discern each Damzael and what makes them unique. This entry will be ordered by their phases of mastery over Eris.

• Fali: Patron deity of alchemy, botany, and nature itself. Fali gained the first right of mastery over Eris. She used much of her time experimenting upon the denizens of Eris with various alchemic concoctions.This time birthed many of Eris' most powerful, most stunning, and most devious flora. Including the fearsome Demon's Bite, which devours all alike. Fali is revered most powerfully by the more native elf kin, and is the primary Damzael of the Eastern Barrenholt region.

• Atrona: Patron of life, unity, and transmutation. Atrona ruled second over Eris. Atrona was heavily fascinated with changing that which was placed before him. Those producing offspring often relied upon prayers to Atrona for safe births. Atrona is credited with the changing of seasons, as well as some more peculiar creatures that roam Eris. He is revered in the Southern Lands most powerfully by the humans producing new and queer machinations.

• Kardian: Patron of metals, mountains, and fire. Kardian took third, and was cause for a great rise in production of architecture. Kardian sought to refine the procedures used to craft the temples, statues, and other monoliths upon Eris. She is credited with crafting the Elderpane lands. Kardian was not responsible for changes as imaginative as Atrona, but her construction is a wonder of the world, and it is believed that much of the shape of the planet is her doing. She is revered in the southwestern and northern mountains most powerfully by the Dwarves, nomadic and resolute alike.

• Dulixine:Patron of sea, storm, and sky. Dulixine mastered fourth. This confuses many, where Atrona is attributed seasons, she is considered the Damzael of weather. In Dulixine's time, Eris denizens became most plagued by their own planet. The rain aided in botany, and sunny days provided warmth for work. She is also responsible for everything from a strong breeze, to tornadoes, and hurricanes. Drastic changes in the travel of moisture and moods of temperature did not exist before her. Dulixine is most powerfully revered in the western lands by all.

• Tre'buke:Patron of Vice, Virtue, Imagination. The final and most mortal feeling of the Damzael. Tre'buke is sometimes considered the god of art as well. Thanks to Tre'buke, the species learned to indulge in sensations both sensation and decadent. Tre'buke is blamed for causing the biggest divide among humans, elves, and dwarves, yet at the same time is raised a hero for promoting the efforts of the conscious and unconscious mind. Tre'buke is a martyr for the Damzael, also blamed for the Gods never making a complete return thanks to the disbelief allowed to be sewn by his time upon Eris. His is most powerfully revered in the northern lands below the mountains by all. Though he is also damned by many.

-Page Sixty Four, Section One-

It is time to discuss our kin in a the modern setting. We now live in a time where steam billows up from dwarven accessory shops. Elves live in towns that exist in the canopy of the forests, many of them selling their ointments and elixir's to the more- inducted of their kin. Humans discovered a way to make their ships take to the sky, further closing the gap between all three.

Humans: A diverse and adapting race, they possess the shortest life span of all the Lord Races, yet they are the most widespread and diverse of the three. Humans are wild beings who excel at adventuring. They are able to wield magic just as elves, and are cause for many dangerous spells and incantations thanks to the same ambition that had been the reason for their varied machinations. Most Humans revere a Damzael based upon their preferred occupation in life. Farmers naturally wish to prosper through Fali, while scholars call to Tre'buke for their inner workings.
                                        Humans have a fondness for transmutation, taking something and making into a something new. They have developed most of the useful technologies and should be thanked for the invention of plumbing. Humans natural curiosity and survival instincts make them quite formidable. They are quite eager for the knowledge of others, no matter their position on the matter.

Dwarves: A rugged and powerful race. Dwarves are the shortest of the three races with the second longest life spans. Dwarves have a natural affinity against magic(but are not immune) and some of the nastier elements of the world, however this renders them incapable of wielding magic. Though they are stalwart they make exceptional alchemists thanks to their higher tolerance of foul substances. Dwarves who live in the mountains tend to think themselves higher than others and rarely leave their home, instead sending ambassadors to trade with Midlanders.
                                        Dwarves who live among others or travel know that they are not considered as high in status as their mountain kin, and that to bring a non-dwarf back to them would be next to suicide.
                                        Many of them revere Kardian thanks to her mastery over the hardened elements and consider the Elderpane Lands holy ground. Some tend to look to other Damzael, though with the rigid teachings of most native mountain Dwarves, Kardian remains in their hearts.

Elves: Willowy beings, roughly to same size as humans. They possess the longest life spans. Elves appreciate the natural world more than most other races. They are proficient in magic and feeling what they call the 'True World'. Not the most sturdy of the Lord Races, though it cannot be said there aren't exceptions, they are keen on ensuring that the Humans machinations do not devour too much of the world. The masterful art of alchemy was practically invented by this race.
                                        Most elves are raised to worship Fali, with mixed feelings upon Atrona's time as master. Few of them accept Kardian as natural, and prefer to take Dulixine into their breast. They are also the most accepting of Tre'buke.

Wayfare Elves are highly common in the lands, those that have joined the changing world rather than remaining in the seclusion of the east. though they are treated with less respect in the southern lands than in the north or west. The Eastern elves are not fond of "Domestic Elves" and consider them traitors and lesser beings. They have a rich history of adapting from the natural state and understanding how to bind human and natural elements into Arc-Bonds which they passed along to humans.

Cultural Changes: Though these description represent the most basic description of the Lord Races, we now live in a world where tribes and clans vary. The three mingle in cities, and there is knowledge of a race of dwarves hidden out in the eastern forests, and elves with skin dark as obsidian in the mountain. And Humans, always the melting pot. Millennia of epoch and such great accomplishments have stirred the world.

-Page 113, Section Twelve-

This section will go into further detail of the races and their histories. While there are three of the Lord races, they themselves are divided into small parts.

It has never been confirmed whether life or magic came first, but that debate pales in comparison to the arguments spawned by the quarrel of who is the High Lord Race, that is, which came first, humans, elves, or dwarves. Some believe that the time of origin was shared, others might simply turn away without a care to your cause, but even more would argue with you, tooth and nail over right to claim the title. So much so, that during the time of of the Kardian's Epoch, when the goddess herself was hidden, a great battle ignited. The High Lord Dissent, a bloody conflict between the three Lord Races.

It consisted of guerrilla assaults, assassin's poisons, magic's flare, and full frontal bloodshed. But the worst of it were the words. The disquiet sewn among races further increased the gap in the possibility of a unified world. Clans split off, families broke, and the purity of each race was tainted by the drastic changes to their existences. It is said Tre'buke appeared in this absence and it was his premature bestowal that caused the great war, and why when his turn came it was brief compared to the others, as well as being final.

Each Lord Race committed one great crime against the other, increasing hostilities until the world was bathed in blood. As most stories go, a member of each race, all good friends formed a unity, and struggled to prove that co-existence was possible. None of them survived, but their deaths resulted in the Trine Treaty.

This treaty resulted in many changes to etiquette, but it could not remove the rumors and bitter taste of bloodshed. Within Barrenholt the Dwarves retreated to the north and began crafting grand and powerful structures from the earth.

The elves traveled east and tended to the beasts and leaves. They mastered alchemy and hoped to preserve the world before it was wounded by the war and hardened by Kardian.

The humans traveled south, and in awe of what had already transpired with the previous Damzael, went to work trying to imitate their powers and becoming the cause for a great deal of modernization.

For a time the Lords avoided one another. The Dwarves digging deep into the earth and mountains, while the elves watched nature's bounty expand and the humans settled anywhere and everywhere, taking to the seas even. The seventh epoch opened with a gathering of the Lord Races within the Ordained Palace of the Ashabarra lands. Though much racism had persevered, after three years an amiable pact was made and finally the walls that divided all Lord races fell. However, its aftermath can still be felt, even today.

-Page 300, Section Six-

Technology has come a long way since the first Epoch. Originally the Dwarves grand advances in structures and stalwart pieces was revered, but it is humans who have shown the most development in it's base form, though Elves and Dwarves have gladly had their hand in enhancing some of what has arisen.

Many smaller towns still function with chamber pots and classic old function, though even the most basic of cities possess a sewer system. Larger monoliths possess automated lifts, marvels of Arc-Bonds, magic infused into intricate technology.

Our land vessels are still pulled by various beasts, and our ships possess some minor advances to aid in sturdiness and weight control. Only the truly wealthy and those going to war possess some wagons and caravans that function using Arc-Bonds.

There are some prosthesis that have appeared since Atrona's rule which function far better than simple wooden limbs. The second most grand next to the creation of Empyreans, vessels of Arc-Bonds that rise into the heavens carrying flesh and cargo.

Gondola's exist to transport directly over major areas and run on crank wheels turned by large beasts trained by their lords.
User Image

Once the city of Tudore: Capital of Barrenholt, located in the north, it was overrun when Atrona arrived and made his first proclamation over sixty years ago. The thriving capital was quickly reduced to rubble where strong rebellion was met as citizens were impaled with black javelins that transformed them into monsters. Now it thrives once more, but nothing like it used to be.

Seen throughout the Barrenholt region, a new sign of the kingdom hangs from the sky. The Tower Atronus(Atrona's true reminder to his rule), hangs above the 'Bowl'. A pit of volcanic magma where the soil and bedrock used to rest peacefully in the earth. Massive chains bind the tower to the earth. It can only be entered using the secret methods known only to a select few. Inside it's onyx walls stretch on forever with few windows for gazing out. Despite it's location over a pit of glowing liquid fire it is oddly cool inside, providing a comfort that might have been pleasant were it not for the clear authority and dim despair that permeated the building. This Tower now stands as the most divine ground of the Damzael Atrona. It is lead by the Arch Lord High Magister, and tended to by a collection of servants. Some dark mutations of former citizens roam through tunnels in the walls, heaving and scratching as they hurry along.

The Citadel Atronus is much as you'd expect of a thriving city, save for the malicious black walls that keep enemies out as much as in. There is a river which runs the city, in one end, splitting in two and running out the other end. The citadel operates under direct word of the Arch Lord High Magister who speaks for Atrona. Despite it's power it is one city who has not had much time for expansion with th time needed to restore the demolished Tudore to a livable level. Of course the city police, known as Blackhearts run their patrols. Though they keep the peace, many are greedy and foul, keeping nasty beasties on leashes, including the same creatures that roam the tower. They are as likely to aid citizens as they are to rob them.
The only places of worship are all in tribute to Atrona and speaking of the other Damzael is grounds for incarceration, or worse.

The citadel is broken into four districts...

Molt-Ghet:. Just around the tower, closest to the Bowl are the slums. While it might seem pleasant in the winter months, the fumes and substances that fill the air here are so foul that many die of various diseases weekly.

West Damson: The river flows from North West to South East and entered here. A district for those loyal to Atrona, or at least those who have the money to look it. Th water comes in freshest and untainted here. It is a labyrinth of manors and estates, with such open air that some own homes outside of the citadel.

Vonten: More to the east, the middle and average income earners live here. Bordered with West Damson it is easier for servants to travel two and fro . It is nothing special, but lacks such grandeur that most with a service occupation would would rather be constant in-home-servants. Vonten makes up much of Atronus, as it also includes many of the merchants and passerby, including the bronze lane shopping district.

The Glade: The name is ironic, as this place provides no peace. The Glade is home many of the workshops, factories and other occupational buildings. This land varies it's quality based upon what is being produced.

There are many towns and cities in the Barrenholt lands which surround the citadel. The lands spread far and wide, and are still home to the free races.

To the north are the mountains, to the south the sea and plains, to the east the forests, and to the west the wetlands, a mixture of three which separates Barrenholt from the Ahsabarran neighbors.
User Image

Reserve Prompts
                                            Pick 1 and reply to it as you would a post with your character. If you want to be risky and roll a die on a generator or at home be my guest. I must press one more time, be creative with these. Get a little wordy if you must. Make it juicy and quench my thirst.

1. Your character just had a grand and expensive meal, only to find out that when it’s time to pay the bill your wallet has been stolen.

2. You wake up in a Gryphon's nest. There is no mother around, but there are a lot of babies.

3. Your character wakes up naked, but there is nothing around to hide behind or to explain what happened. A family caravan arrives. They have children.

4. Your character is being stalked by a lovesick harpy.

5. Your character finds a magical talking sword. It won’t shut up and keeps appearing if they try to get rid of it.

6. Your character is tasked with feeding someone’s pet cyclops, and not be eaten.

7. Your character finds themselves entered into a chimera rodeo.

8. Your character finds a bottle of the world’s most renown liquor, but they find it in filthy sewers.

9. Your character’s boyfriend or girlfriend gets snatched up by an ogre that climbs to the top of a tower and starts throwing barrels at you.

10. Your character gets buried up to their head at the beach and ditched by their friends.

Reserve Code
                                            [size=10]
                                            [b]Name:[/b]
                                            [b]Race:[/b]
                                            [b]Gender:[/b]
                                            [b]Allegiance[/b] Bond Dain or Mortal Coil
                                            [b]Response:[/b]
                                            [b]Image[/b] [If you have one already
                                            [/size]

Profile Code

It's not about quantity, but quality. Enjoy your character. Take it step by step.
                                            Now, in the code where you Write in your name and moniker there is a slot for putting in your posting color.

[img]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/Onienigma/Entropy/PRofile OC pic_zpsku0a804z.png[/img]
                                            [list][list][list][list][list]
                                            [size=18][color=gray]◊ωɧɨșρϵɾ [color=postingcolor]❝[Name Here]❞[/color]тσ тɧϵ Æтɧϵɾ◊
                                            [list][list][list]◆Αɳɗ Ίʈ Ɍєɋυєsʈs [color=postingcolor]❝[Moniker, Title, Code Name, Etc.]❞[/color] ғσɾ Αυɗɨєɳϲє◆ [/size][/color]
                                            [size=11][list=a]
                                            [list][list]
                                            [*][u][i][b]No matter the sands of time, nor the stigma of birth, deep inside I will never be like them[/i][/u][/b]∭
                                            Race [b]ჯ[/b] Gender [b]ჯ[/b] Age
                                            Personality Trait [b]ჯ[/b] Trait [b]ჯ[/b] Trait [b]ჯ[/b] Trait

[list][list]
                                            [*][u][i][b]It is to you that I swear my fealty[/b][/i][/u]∭
                                            [Mortal Coil or Bond Dain]

[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                                            [size=11]
                                            [align=center]════════════════════════════════════════════════════[/align]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list=a]
                                            [*][u][i][b][color=gray]The crystal ball is only clear when I look into the past[/color][/b][/u][/i]∭

[u][b][i]The steps that set me on my course:[/i][/b][/u]
                                            [Write 1-3 paragraphs about a significant memory]

[u][b][i]My fondest of memories:[/b][/u][/i]
                                            [Write 1-3 paragraphs about your character’s favorite memory]

[u][b][i]My living nightmare:[/b][/u][/i]
                                            [Write 1-3 paragraphs about your character’s worst memory]

[/list]
                                            [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[*][u][i][b]A pleasure to meet you[/i][/u][/b]∭
                                            Like ♥ One liner about why
                                            Like ♥ One liner about why
                                            Like ♥ One liner again

[*][u][i][b]I cannot say the same[/b][/i][/u]∭
                                            Dislike ♢ One liner
                                            Dislike ♢ One liner
                                            Dislike ♢ One liner

[*][u][i][b]This makes my blood run cold[/b][/i][/u]∭
                                            Fear(s) ✗ One Liner or short explanation
                                            Fear(s) ✗ One Liner or short explanation

[/list]

[*][i][u][b]What are you looking at?[/b][/u][/i]∭
                                            [Quirks, habits, and little or big things your characters might do, think, etc.; Licking all pieces of fruit before their first bite into it... as an example. ]

[*][i][u][b]Gaze upon my ambition[/b][/u][/i]∭
                                            [Skills your character has, things they are good or bad at. Less combat related things, such as lock-picking, or organizing documents, etc]

[*][i][u][b]My Fingers Coil Around[/b][/u][/i]∭
                                            [Preferred Weapon(s), Proficiencies, Deficiencies in combat ]

[*][i][u][b]Leaping from My Soul[/b][/u][/i]∭
                                            [Can you use magic? Is there a particular style you excel in?]
                                            [/list]
                                            [*][u][i][b]I am the canvas for the unseen[/u][/i][/b]∭
                                            [Scars, tattoos, or any specific features about your character you want mentioned:: optional]

[*][u][i][b]So you think you can see through my Masque[/b][/u][/i]∭
                                            [Other images of your character:: optional]

[/list]

[*][u][i][b]The name that I hold true[/u][/i][/b]∭
                                            [Username]

[/list]
                                            [/size]

User Image

The Bond Dains first came to their position as those who provided the most to Atrona. Not just raw power, or bodies, but those that inspired others. Atrona's first selections ranged from a beggar among men to a woman of the bluest blood. These denizens could control the masses, inspire, even if it was with fear. As Atrona's chosen they were gifted with some privileges, bur none so much as the Arch Lord High Magister. The rest gained the titles of Lord High Magister and were provided with homes outside the tower, and space within.
                                                        The Bond Dains were promised prosperity in the time when his dominion could truly come to fruition and the world would know true perfection. Should their lives expire in this time, he would keep them in his plane and provide them with all that he offered.

In the year DAE XLIV(24), nearly half a decade since the constant lackluster and disorganized rebellions had been all but lost, the Mortal Coils were formed. This organization was dedicated to stopping Atrona by finding out his secrets and infiltrating the Demon's Tower. It was difficult at first, clumsy, but easily looked over thanks to it's size. Founded by individuals skilled in various forms- from charmers, to sneak thiefs, and scholars, to soldiers. A special sigil was formed to prove one's allegiance and identity and they worked tirelessly for years to no avail. Endless schemes and plots and assaults, hoping to ensnare a Dain or the Magister. Steal away into the tower or bring it down. Prayer to others had failed, so they pressed their ambitions.

Another decade and they received their first break through, though by now the Bond Dains were aware of their existence and prepared to retaliate. The Mortal Coils were seen as heroes or heretics and rewards were put out for them. Some of them consisted of family members of the Dains and should they be discovered they were put to death.
                                                        The struggle continued for some time until finally in DAE LII(52), the Mortal Coils, using their wits and knowledge, power and finesse were able to claim a victory that had yet eluded them. The coup's time was originally was kept in silence, but the world watched as the assault continued into the tower, only to fell silent. The Bond Dains were slain, including the Arch Lord High Magister.
                                                        Weeks passed without anyone outside knowing whether to celebrate or fear their impending doom. Depending on your company, you did one or the other. .Nothing changed in the tower. Guards and those in league with Atrona attempted to keep hold, but it was difficult. Riots broke out and lives were lost for nothing.

Finally, the Arch Lord High Magister stepped forth. Not the same as old, but a new one, spewing the words of Atrona and initiating the citadel into submission once more. The Citadel's confusion and fury were quelled, the Mortal Coils gone. New Bond Dains were elected to help keep the peace. Many died in what became known as the "Uncoil", when reinforcements against Atrona were wiped out in a merciless slaughter.

Now, twelve years later the Mortal Coils have returned, hoping to use what secrets they can recover, only those who have proven trust worthy are inducted into the order. This time, they intend to keep their existence hidden as best they can and pray to stay as nothing more than a rumor, a whisper that the Bond Dains ignore. Some may even be friends with a Bond Dain.
                                                        Their base of operations is hidden within the Elderpane catacombs hidden between West Damson and Molt-Ghet. Though they do facilitate meetings in other locations to ensure that they are not discovered. Most maintain homes or lives, providing aid when they can. The toil of the Mortal Coils is a long and difficult one. Leaning on a broken and uncertain history, they hope once more to free the world before the decade is out and the world is no longer theirs...

As a Mortal Coil you are part of a currently hidden rebellion, hoping to stop Damzael by inciting disquiet among the people, destroying artifacts, structures. Seeking secrets, and leaning on the right people. Your ultimate goal is to prevent Atrona's Ultimatum. The other Damzael remain silent, so it is up to you to protect Eris and those still loyal to it's skies, seas, and soils.

As a Bond Dain you are selected and trained to keep order in a chaotic world. The citadel is your home, your playground and no one will keep you from achieving prosperity in the ultimatum. The recent whispers are a problem, but it's not as if this hasn't happened before. You intend to crush any rebellion, and as long as your heart stays true so will the reward you know is meant to come to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff