Welcome to Gaia! ::

FearlessLemur's Significant Otter

Fashionable Dabbler

User Image
                                                          Huzzah Octavius came to his rescue! Elias stood in the circle with a pathetic, kicked puppy look on his face until the merman came and ran a talon through the paint, chalk, whatever the hell it was. The pressure on the ghost’s body faded and he freely was able to pass over the lines. Thank goodness it had been that easy! "You should be more careful—not everyone likes ghosts." Octavius said, scolding him lightly. "I mean it's not like we're in the mall." True. The mall was just as full as the living as it was the dead. He’d actually considered being a mall ghost but the others had drifted away from him or faded out when he appeared. Like the odd ball at the sandbox dammit. "Why don't we back away from the staircase before someone else sees you were trying to snoop?" Octavius suggested. Indeed, they didn’t want Abby’s wrath if they happened to embarrass her in public.

Elias rolled his eyes and folded his arms over his chest. “Please, the only thing I have going for me Octopus is that I have the freedom to roam. Now if I have to call for a help a few times so be it, I’ll just make sure to have someone around when I go snooping around . . . or be more careful.” The ghost said grimly. And who would have thought a shop witch would have this sort of talent. Jeez. The bell at the shop door chimed signaling someone had come into the store. But who was the question.

It was a man that was dressed as sharply as Octavius . . . oh Lord, the gayness. The ghost’s gay-o-meter was beeping as the man spared them a glance before commenting on Octavius’ fashion sense. The ghost glared when the man winked at him. He was a different sort of gay, not as girly as Octavius. The merman could be a total flutterbug sometimes but this guy was more laid-back. Ugh, he was categorizing gay men, someone save him! Octavius replied color blooming on his cheeks. The dark eyes of the ghost narrowed, this was ridiculous! "I thought something set off my trap. Be careful where you go, spook; not all circles simply trap," a voice drifted from up the stairs. An old woman appeared followed by Abby. Thank goodness he was saved, though he huffed at the old woman’s comment. He would not! Well, yes he would. Gah, he just wasn’t winning today.

"That leads ta th’ attic, whaur she does a’ ‘er magic. Tis kept aff stoaps sae normal folk dinnae gang up thare 'n' blaw themselves up wi' a goosed boattle. Tis gey dangerous if ye dinnae ken whit ye'r daein'." Abby said. Well not that she said it, which made sense why the witch would trap it. Abby seemed disapproving as she spoke, they had made a scene and she didn’t like it.

"I wasn't the one sticking my nose in other peoples' space." Octavius said sending him a meaningful look. Elias glared back.

"Aye, na harm dane. Urr ye hurt in anyway?" Abby asked. At least his witch friend was showing concern. Octavius shook his head but the ghost gave Abby an injured look. His pride had been kicked in the a**. The conversation continued between just the merman and the witch so the ghost tuned them out, looking towards the stranger. The man gave him an odd feeling, an almost pull? Not one of attraction like Octavius was obviously feeling but just a tight tugging sensation in his gut. This man’s power maybe? What could he possibly be that would cause this feeling inside of him? He would think he was a witch but Abby’s power nor presence drew him in. Elias broke out of his thoughts when Octavius started whining about having to leave right now. Elias shot him a look of disbelief, he was being ridiculous. One man, he could find any other besides this creep. Well, Elias couldn’t talk.

Then things got interesting. There was an exchange between the stranger-Des or whatever and Abby. Some witch business maybe? On the other side this Des seemed to have a flirting problem. He approached Octavius and well, they lost the merman. It took about a minute, but the dark clad stranger seduced him into a giddy state of girly gayness. Joy. He would be babbling about what to wear on this date all day. There was another chime and someone else entered the store. His faerie friend! She was probably coming to get on them for taking so long. “So I can see what’s keeping you guys now. Octavius just has to go flirt doesn’t he?” She asked looking at the scene. Elias nodded, rolling his eyes at her wink. “Should we go wait outside Casper?” She asked. Gah, there it was again that blast nickname, though he had referred to Octavius as Octopus. Meh. Abby seemed to be ready as well having glanced over the wares the man had brought in she looked a wee bit ghost pale. The only person who wasn’t ready was Octavius who had finally found a man to drool over, a man that gave it right back to him.

“Alright, I’m out of here,” the ghost said as Octavius finally gave in. He faded out and appeared in front of the store. “Are we getting something to eat now?” he blurted out when Zarya came out. He frowned and turned away from them. “Nevermind.” He said shortly. It had been an automatic question, his mind still believing he needed food sometimes. He felt himself slip and he felt himself stiffen. “I . . . I’ll be . . .” His eyes whited over and he his form crumbled. He kept himself resemble most of the times, but when he was stressed or if he suddenly hit a frustrating point he often retreated into himself. This was usually when he relived his death, just appeared back in that haunting alleyway, or appeared at his grave. This time around it was thankfully his grave. His death was a private affair that he had never told his friends and the only person who knew about his trips to the graveyard was Zarya. His form appeared lying on his back like his rotting corpse was beneath him, his arms over his chest. He sighed and stayed on his back maybe he’d just lay here awhile.

Fashionable Dabbler

User Image
                                                          Desmond couldn’t help but smile to himself when the little witchling marched over to the counter to scan over his wares. He glanced back at her before he tended to her delicious friend. “Let me see whit ye huv,” she muttered as she crossed the shop. She paused though upon checking over the item. He knew he had her. She was just a girl with talent, nothing more. “Whit . . . breed is this?” She asked, carefully picking up a werewolf tooth. Des’ smile turned to one of smugness. She either truly didn’t know or was denying that she did. He figured it was the first. Fangs were fangs. He could tell most a part, his mother had made sure of that before her untimely death. She had prepped and prepared him for witchhood.

“Werewolf of course. My extracurricular activities involve maintaining the supernatural population here in Boston.” He said with a shrug. That’s right, he killed those arrogant bastards. They thought they could take on a witch just because they could go all fur, fangs, and claws, but that fur made fabulous bedding and clothing and was a vital ingredient just like the claws and fangs were in some potions. When they were in the area he took care of what he needed, sometimes it was just for sport. Staking a vampire and packing a wolf full of silver was . . . satisfying. He had a lot of inner anger, and hunting the bastards was an outlet. The witchling looked a bit pale once he had stated the facts. “You’re looking a little pale my dear, problem?” He asked before turning promptly to Octavius.

Once finished and heading back to the counter the witch asked if they could head out. Ha! He had scared her shitless. Another person entered the shop and he turned his head to look at who had entered. Damn if he was seeing things. It was a faerie! What on earth? She started talking to the ghost about . . . Octavius? The man. Ah so he had a name with the face now without them actually exchanging names. It seemed they all knew each other and he watched as they all conversed with one another. It was strange . . . but oddly entertaining. So different and unique.

"I'll see you tonight, then." Octavius said, "And my name is Octavius, for future reference." he added. Octavius looked over him again, as the others began filing out of the shop. He bit his lip, it was absolutely adorable. "Certainement beau, he said at last in flawless French. The witchling shot him a look and he too departed sparing one last glance. Des was leaning against the counter once more and he winked at the cutie getting a rise out of him just before he disappeared. His smile didn’t fade as he turned to the old witch.

“So do you know anything on those four?” He asked her. She shrugged.

“Usually the young woman comes alone, but I assume they are her house mates, she has spoken about living with people before.” She said.

Desmond picked up a jar of black powder. It poisoned water. All it needed was a drop. The dark of the powder fade to clear when it had fully tainted the water source. “Glad you had some more of this, I’m too lazy to make it myself, much rather get it from you.” He commented in a bored voice. He looked over the rest of the ingredients before putting them back into his satchel. “That witch that was here, she has power but she doesn’t use it to its full potential. I wonder if it’s because she lives with the rest of those weirdos. Well not all of them, that living male was fiiine. I would have killed the rest off and saved him for my own personal use,” the man purred. He grinned and the older woman chuckled.

“Now, now, be nice, don’t be so possessive,” she said.

“Ha, I think he likes it, and tonight I’m going to give him a stronger dose,” the dark witch said with a dark grin before leaving. He had a funeral to plan.

Feral Hellhound

20,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                  "Must I, love?" she asked, as Salem went in the kitchen and began to dispose of his trash, and clean off the counter, scraping a few stray coffee grounds from the granite countertops. Octavius was usually neater than this. Maybe it was him, or the instant stuff Abby might've made. He didn't know. They'd probably rushed the merman out the door; it looked like they had left fairly early.

"Yes." Salem said simply. He thought he heard a 'Fine' from somewhere in the living room, but he wasn't sure. Salem went into the downstairs bathroom—assuming Akasha would want to use the upstairs one alone—and grabbed a comb, trying to tame his wild locks. It wasn't working, and it just went back to the way it usually was, which wasn't surprising. He didn't bother putting cologne on; spraying it in the room when he wasn't even close to the spray was enough to make him smell it for hours, let alone what it'd do to Akasha. Salem put on a totem necklace he'd brought with him from the Appalachians and tucked it under his shirt, then zipped his hoodie up (a pretty blue plaid that he actually liked, thanks to Octavius). He made sure he still had his phone in his pocket, and then looked at himself in the mirror. He looked like any other human, maybe a little rougher around the edges. He had, literally, been raised by wolves. He was one himself. He'd grown up being taught to hate bloodsuckers . . . sometimes Salem wondered why.

It wasn't really just an inbred dislike. Like human racism, it was taught, or so Salem believed. It was the reason he was living with her—because he thought that. If he didn't he would've found some other place, or become a vagabond of some sort. There were packs in the Rockies that'd probably take him in if he really wanted to go. But then there was the whole being bred an Alpha, and answering to another? Anyways. Vampires didn't have an attractive scent. Maybe it was just evolution or something that made it that way; being born with that kind of natural adversity was a defense mechanism—of both races, maybe. He could remember Akasha telling him one day that he smelled like wet dog to her, but he only smelled normal to himself, and Octavius, who wasn't exactly . . . unsharp in the senses department. And Vampires didn't smell that great to Salem, but he doubted Akasha thought she stank.

It was bizarre, really. He could understand how the werewolves might be overly territorial; he got that way really bad around phasing time, when the full moon was incredibly close . . . but he didn't think it'd spark this much hatred, honestly. Salem wondered what it'd be like if Akasha was a wolf, or a human. He couldn't picture himself as a vampire, but . . . maybe a human. He wondered if she'd toy with him as she did now, or if they'd get along. Salem was startled from his thoughts by the sound of Akasha sitting down; he hadn't heard her come back downstairs. Trying one last time—a futile effort—to smooth out his hair, he exited the bathroom and headed to the door. "Let's go, sunshine, we've got a lunch date to make. I think it's the usual Italian place. maybe pack a blood-bag or something? Could be taken as red wine." Salem said, holding the door open for her.

"Where did you put your leash dog?" Akasha asked, as she checked her phone, moving towards him. Salem snorted.

"I'll let you know when I get one." Salem said, deadpan, rolling his eyes. He was hungry—still, yes—and his stomach growled as he moved slightly out onto the porch and into the sunshine. Akasha didn't look to pleased to be going out, but at least she'd managed to find a new pair of sunglasses. "You should get some darker ones while we're out," Salem said. Even though it looked like Zarya had had darker ones, he could still see her eyes through them and he doubted it was comfortable. He didn't have the same aversion to sunlight, but he could sort of see why she hated going out on a day like this; not being out in the full moon was painful, and he could relate to the reverse—being out in the sun when one hated the feel of sunlight on their skin. Salem wondered where she was going to drag him tonight, or if she was just up for some kind of normal clubbing night—making the rounds at their usual haunts, but without their usual haunt.

As they started walking towards the restaurant, Salem stayed silent. He was lost in his own thoughts, and didn't really notice time passing until they fell into the shade of the awning over the restaurant they were going to. Either Akasha had been watching where they were going, or Salem had unconsciously steered them in the right direction. He walked in, once again holding the door open for Countess Draculina, and walked in. It smelled really good, and his stomach growled a little louder. Okay, maybe he'd need to eat a little more than a normal person . . . Sighing, he sniffed, trying to figure out if his fellow housemates were there already or if they were not. He didn't smell them, so he made a reservation for six, in case the ghost was going to join them. They were showed to a long table sort of in the back of the restaurant, and the waitress—a fairly attractive girl named Hannah, with long blond hair and pretty green eyes, like exotic emeralds—took Salem's drink order. It was then he caught a familiar scent, and he glanced to the front of the restaurant, looking.

He was right. There was Zarya, right there, with Abby and Octavius, who was grinning from ear to ear. Strange. Usually, you would think that after going to a witches' store, he would be in a terrible mood. But no, he was cheery. Salem whistled at Zarya, and waved a hand, catching her attention. He didn't see Elias with them, and he glanced at Akasha, wondering if she thought that was weird, too. Usually the ghoul accompanied Zarya or Akasha everywhere, and he'd been with Abby after all . . . "Over here," Salem said, knowing Zarya would hear him. When they got there, Octavius sat next to Salem, and the rest took their seats as well, leaving one open. "Hannah will be back soon to take your drink orders, I think." Salem told them. Octavius nodded, clearly lost in his own little world. He looked to Zarya, wondering what the hell had gone on. He looked like someone had slipped him ecstasy, or a love potion or something.

Romantic Shapeshifter

User Image

It seemed octavius had heard her but misinterpreted her words. His voice made her eyes widen and a scowl fit her face "Oh, hush, you. No juice for you tomorrow. I'll burn it all along with that motor oil Abby drinks.” “touch my juice boy and I swear the next time you touch your coffee maker you will have a surprise waiting for you.” She was a fae, and fae did not lie and they all knew it. She had said her words in such a way that there was no wiggle room in them. “I have no problem with you flirting, to watch it is interesting. But I don’t like this place and I think Elias needed a rescue.” She said, her stomach was starting to twist as she stood there. she didn’t know how other fae handled the iron in the world, she got sick with silver and there was a lot of it in this store. Normally it was easy to keep herself away from the stuff, because of salem they didn’t keep any in the house so they were both safe, but this place was not a friend to fae, or any other creature from the words of the man before them.

There was something odd about the guy, something that bothered her about the way he was flirting with octavius and the way her friend was reacting to it. It was like he was being spelled, or glamoured and that was something zarya knew a lot about. “Alright, I’m out of here,” she looked up broken from her thoughts when elias spoke and then vanished. She glared at the others and then followed him out. “Are we getting something to eat now?” his words made her stop for a moment and then the sad look on his face made her sigh “nevermind” and then his form began to shatter, zarya had seen this a few times before, she was the only one who knew where he went when he got stressed. “I . . . I’ll be . . .” she nodded and then he was gone. She wished she could help him but she was metal based not grave based like others she had heard of. She thought about it for a moment though and wondered what he would think if she brought a grave fae to see him. They were rare like she was but she knew of a few in the city, and she wondered if they would help him and maybe get him back into a body.

She sighed and rubbed her eyes, the feeling of the open air was starting to clear her head as she leaned against the building, thankfully it had no silver on it, and even if it did her jacket would keep her from burning. When everyone was out she motioned with her head and stood once more and headed towards the restaurant. She was hungry and feeling a little odd after being in the shop. She needed to be in the open and the walk to the restaurant was good at clearing her head. She didn’t speak as they walked and when she walked inside she looked around only to hear a sharp whistle. Her eyes looked towards the sound and she spotted akasha and salem. She felt her mood lighten and all thoughts of silver and strange witches fled from her as she led the way through the tables. She sat down next to salem and smiled at them both. “Good to see you guys out an about. I don’t think Elias will be coming, he vanished outside the store.” She saw the look salem gave her and then looked over at octavius who still had the stupid sappy grin on his face. “He met a cute guy, they flirted and he has been that way since we left the shop.” She shrugged and sat back, it was odd enough for her to go into a store like that, but she had wanted to know what was keeping them, and now everyone of their group knew.

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
User Image

Akasha Aleeria ~~xoxo~~ The Vampire

xxxxxx
xxxxxxAkasha looked up as the wolf came from wherever it was that he had gone. "Let's go, sunshine, we've got a lunch date to make. I think it's the usual Italian place. Maybe pack a blood-bag or something? Could be taken as red wine." She got to her feet and thought about it a moment. She could indeed sneak some blood into her bag and sip it. So she headed to her 'special' fridge next to the main one. The fridge was smaller and only held her blood and some of Abby's things for potions and what not. Akasha pulled out a random bag of blood and pulled out a flask. In moments the contents of the bag was in her flask. She was able to stash her flash in her purse and went off to meet Salem. He was holding the door open for her. One last check of her phone again showed nothing. She gave up and slid it away again. "I'll let you know when I get one." He had said to her leash comment. She smirked and secured her sunglasses and stopped at the opening of the door. Outside it was bright and she bit her lip. Salem was already outside, probably waiting to watch her squirm into the sun. She slid the door shut behind her and tried to linger in the shadows of the porch.

xxxxxx"You should get some darker ones while we're out." This broke her free of her scared and nervous spacing out episode. Her eyes looked up at him and she could only nod before shoving her hands into her pockets and rushing to walk with him. She slid her arm around his as if they were a couple of sorts. This was mostly for her to insure she would not run towards the closest dark place to hide. The sun was hurting her eyes as she followed him. "Hate the stupid sun..." She grumbled and tried to look at her feet and not the sky. Before she would have given anything to see it again. But that was before she knew it would sting to look at it. Maybe in time she would get used to seeing it again and it would hurt less. It wasn't until the came into some shade that her mood changed. They were finally at the restaurant. Akasha freed her arm from his and walked into the open door. "Good dog.." She whispered, tapping the top of his head as if he were a common dog. The smell however in this place about made her run back out. With Salem back at her side she wrinkled her nose and tried to fight the urge to dive back out into the sun. Yet she walked with Salem to the table and took her seat.

xxxxxxThe woman wanted a drink order and Akasha looked up at the beautiful human woman. "Just am empty glass darling. I have to drink a special mixed fruit drink for my blood sugar." She lied and the woman nodded. The others were either already there or were coming. There was Zarya, Abby, and Ocavious. She didn't see their ghostly friend at the moment. Akasha slid the glasses off her face and looked again for Elias. Even Salem gave her a glance as if to ask her if it was strange that he wasn't there. "Oh my darling Z..." Akasha almost nuzzled into her friend as she sat on the other side of Salem and next to her. Akasha cuddled into her friend a little and felt better that her lady lover was there. "The big bad wolf made me leave the dark house..." She whimpered and nibbled on Z's neck a tad before behaving and getting the empty glass she wanted. She filled it with her 'fruit drink' which was just the blood. Then she sipped it and sighed. "Where on earth is Elias? He was last with you guys..." Akasha worried about her ghostly lover. Sometimes the memories of the past seemed to weight heavily on his mind. She hated that he was off someplace alone.

((OOC: .. ))

With: The various others
Wearing: Simple Outfit

Nimble Sex Symbol

13,825 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Married 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

█████┋▫▫ HAPPINESS HITh-her likeatrainonatrack
                                                  xx》❖ ⋮ coming tow:ards` her ( stuck!still ) NOTURNINGB-BACK !!
                                                  xxxx*SHE HID AROUNDCOUNTERS && SHE HID UNDERBEDS
                                                  xxxxxx she..killed..it..with..kisses.. && ANDFROMITSHEFLED

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

the dog days are overxxxxxxthe dog days are donexxxxxxthe horses are comingxxxxxxso you better run
                                                  the dog days are overxxxxxxthe dog days are donexxxxxxthe horses are comingxxxxxxso you better run

Werewolf?! Extracurricular activities? Abernathy fought to not throw the tooth down, push past the other witch, and grab her friends to leave. This guy was mad. She didn’t want to jump to conclusions, or really think of how he had come across such a thing, but the smug grin on his face said he wasn’t really trying to hide what he had done. Really, he looked proud as he mocked her a tad bit more, than hurried back over to Octavius. ‘Jesus, Octavius, of all the characters. . . .’ She thought to herself, laying the tooth back onto the counter. They had to leave. Like, now.

Luckily, everyone else seemed to want to leave just as badly, and Zarya and Elais had already headed out the door. Abby made her way over, refusing to look at the witch, but did shot the merman a look that said ‘ if you don’t leave now, I will drag you out’. Yet even as he wanted out the door, Octavius had to flirt with the murderer. Oh, Abby was going to have to do something, and something fast. Maybe pull him aside later, tell him that the witch was bad noise? No, he’d brush her off. At the restaurant, maybe, when she could get others on her side. She didn’t want to turn everyone against their fishy friend, but Abby also didn’t want him as fish stew.

The walk to the restaurant was quick and silent, Octavius too lost in his visions of shagging the witch and Zarya looking rather tried. The red headed witch had noticed Elias’ disappearance, but questioning Zarya had just turned up in a shake of the head. Worry filled the witch as they walked. Had the circle done more damage that she thought? He had given her a hurt look after word but . . .

Well, soon enough they were in the restaurant, Zarya managing to not only find a table, but find a table filled with two rather familiar faces. So Akasha and Salem were out and about together? She couldn’t help but wondered who had dragged who out as she took a seat next to Zarya. She glanced at the empty seat between her and Octavius, and couldn’t help but feel the hollowness in her being. The red head managed to snap back into the conversation right at the fae’s words. ”He met a cute guy, they flirted and he has been this way since we left the shop.”

“Who, as it wid dae ye best tae know, Octavius,” Abby suddenly said, her voice low so that no one outside the table could hear, “ wis trying tae git me tae buy werewolf teeth. Said thay wur fresh, 'n' that is wis his yin o' his extracurricular activities.” The witch’s mouth was now a straight line, and she looked dead serious. All signs of the laughing, cheerful girl who had shared a cup of coffee with the merman not even two hours ago was gone. “So, assuming that he isnae a werewolf tooth fairy, I think tis safe tae say that keepin’ distance fram him micht wantae be tap o` yer list richt noo.”

Was Abby being nice about this? Probably not. But the thought of Octavius dead in someone’s bath tub, all the scales ripped off his body meant that she needed to get across that his ‘dream boy’ was going to end badly.

▪ ➠ R-RUN FAST! FOR YOUR MOTHER && R-RUN FAST! FOR YOUR FATHER !!
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxrun for your children for your sisters and brothersxxxxxxxxrun for your children for your sisters and brothers
                                                              xxxxxleave all your love and your longing behind youxxxxxleave all your love and your longing behind you

: ➠⊹c-can`t ( carry ) LOVE with you if you want to
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxS U R V I V E 《⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Feral Hellhound

20,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
User ImageUser Image

Everyone seemed to be in an abysmal mood, as they walked towards the Italian restaurant. Everyone, that was, except for Octavius. He was floating on a cloud, deep in daydreaming. Zarya and Abby had to keep track of him, since he kept walking most times, even when they stopped. Dangerous, this crush was. And Octavius knew not exactly how much. They did eventually get there, even though Octavius was still sort of not really paying much attention. He walked in, after breezing through the wait for seats—well, actually, Salem was already there. Go figure, the wolf was actually on time, and they were late. What a nice change of pace. Well, not for Abby and Zarya and all . . . but Octavius was happy! He had a date! Oh, happy day! Octavius hadn't had a real boyfriend since he'd traded in his flippers and fins for fingers and toes. He noticed Salem looking at him funny, and Zarya chose that moment to comment about his status and the reason for their lateness.

"He met a cute guy, they flirted and he has been that way since we left the shop." she said. Octavius snapped out of his stupor just in time for that comment, and to order his drink. He was still grinning like an idiot, happy as could be.

"Not just any boy." Octavius gushed, looking at the wolf next to him, his blue eyes swirling with turquoise, his cheeks a little pink. Salem regarded him with little more than polite curiosity. Salem was straighter than a flat surface, and therefore had little interest in much to do with Octavius or his love life. Which was understandable. Straight men didn't understand . . . at all. Women were more understanding; he got along better with them. Salem did sometimes appreciate Octavius' fashion sense, but other than that . . . "He was really cute. I have a date, too, tonight." Octavius said, sighing happily. "Mm, mm, mm." Octavius kept thinking about Des . . . Oh, god, what would he wear? Octavius' brows pulled together, and he leaned on his hand, contemplating outfit ideas and throwing them together in his head, then discarding them as he went along. It had to be perfect, for their date. Maybe he'd go with turquoise. It always made his eyes pop, one of his best features . . .

"Who, as it wid dae ye best tae know, Octavius," Abby started, bringing Octavius gaze lazily around to meet hers. Salem had his arms crossed, tense. Abby seemed worried about something. Octavius tried to concentrate. ". . . wis trying tae git me tae buy werewolf teeth. Said thay wur fresh, 'n' that is wis his yin o' his extracurricular activities." Now that got his attention. Salem sat rigid, watching Abby very closely now. There was a monotonous growl emanating from him, which was felt more than heard. The waitress came back with their drinks, but both males' eyes were focused squarely on Abby. Octavius dared her to go on, his glare enough to kill. Finally, he found someone that liked him, someone he liked too, who was attractive and taller than Octavius—which was a must-have. Octavius' eyes turned gray and started swirling dangerously, like storm clouds over the sea. "So, assuming that he isnae a werewolf tooth fairy, I think tis safe tae say that keepin’ distance fram him micht wantae be tap o` yer list richt noo."

Before Octavius could even speak, Salem raised his voice. "Whoever this is, if he comes near me, I'll gut him." he said. How insensitive! Octavius was right there! Right there!

"How dare you take her side!" Octavius exclaimed. Salem looked to him, confused.

"What do you mean, side? He was se—" Octavius interrupted the werewolf, as the other man's nostrils started flaring at being accused of taking a side—when his own kind, werewolves, were having their teeth sold. But what if that wasn't the story? What if Des had only been toying with Abby, and had gained those teeth through normal means? They didn't know him at all, and to jump to conclusions like that . . .

"You don't understand." Octavius said, growling back at Salem, his scales flashing around his eyes, and his nail tips getting darker, his sharp talons threatening to break through his hold on his form. "And you—how dare you?" he asked, looking at Abby. "I bet you're just jealous, or hurt, or something, because I didn't want to discuss my life with you on a personal basis—my species? Yeah, not an okay subject." Octavius said, his eyes getting a darker gray. He was not okay with this—this, whatever it was. Octavius didn't understand why Abby felt the need to drive him away from Des. He was all kinds of sexy, and he hadn't been threatening towards Octavius at all! "I was killing time while you were getting your little witchy things, curious to see what your kind knows—but wanting to talk to me about it? And in a witch store! What gives you the right?" Octavius said. His voice was loud, but not enough to gather unwanted—uneeded—attention. Which soon changed after that little bit, as Octavius got more excited—and more infuriated. "But even other than that, do you know how hard it is to find a man that likes me? No, because you're not gay, you're not tall, and you're almost ******** human!" Octavius said, the tears starting to overflow.

Just like any normal man, Salem had no idea what to do with waterworks, and he had a half-angry-half-confused kind of expression on his face. Octavius pushed back in his seat too quickly, knocking it over in his struggle to get out. Tears were streaming down his face by the time he managed to get to the front door. He had no idea where it was he was going, letting his internal navigational beacon direct him. He eventually made it to a pier, which was home to a tourist-y shopping center. Oh, soul, Octavius thought, you know my deepest desires. He almost laughed, but it turned into a sob. Octavius stumbled down the rocks and towards the sea, letting the sea breeze fill his lungs. He got under the dark pier, where people were walking above him, and tiny rays of sunlight flitted through the cracks in the boards. He curled up, putting his arms around his knees, and cried, staring out into the seas. Why couldn't anything ever be perfectly okay for him? He'd come here, his parents had died. He'd stayed here, and now his possible candidate for a boyfriend was being called into question by his friends, ruining everything . . .

Romantic Shapeshifter

User Image

Zarya smiled as she felt her friend, and crush sitting next to her. "Oh my darling Z The big bad wolf made me leave the dark house..." she leaned her head back a little and closed her eyes as she felt akasha nibble her neck slightly. She opened her eyes and smiled. “im glad he got you out though, my night princess. Now I get the pleasure of your company.” She looked up and ordered a fruit juice when the woman came back, when she heard akasha she sighed. "Where on earth is Elias? He was last with you guys..." she didn’t know if this was something she was supposed to keep to herself, but she knew akasha and Elias were close and she did worry about their ghostly friend. “He got stressed out and was pulled apart, usually when that happens he ends up at his grave site. It’s at the cemetery downtown, close to the back.” She looked down at her hands as she said it. She hoped her friend didn’t hate her for telling them where he was.

She smiled when she heard octavius talk, she got a strange feeling about this guy he liked but he seemed happy. "Not just any boy He was really cute. I have a date, too, tonight” she wondered where people went on dates, zarya didn’t date, it was too hard for her to do since she had to constantly remember to keep her glamour in place. her smile faded when she heard abby speak, she knew this wasn’t going to end well."Who, as it wid dae ye best tae know, Octavius, wis trying tae git me tae buy werewolf teeth. Said thay wur fresh, 'n' that is wis his yin o' his extracurricular activities. So, assuming that he isnae a werewolf tooth fairy, I think tis safe tae say that keepin’ distance fram him micht wantae be tap o` yer list richt noo." She looked over at salem, she knew this news was going to anger the wolf, she didn’t know what to do to stop it from happening though. She didn’t know all the facts and so she sat there with akasha unsure where this was going or how to stop a total disaster.

"Whoever this is, if he comes near me, I'll gut him."
                                                        "How dare you take her side!"
                                                        "What do you mean, side? He was se—"
                                                        "You don't understand And you—how dare you?"
                                                        . "I bet you're just jealous, or hurt, or something, because I didn't want to discuss my life with you on a personal basis—my species? Yeah, not an okay subject."
                                                        "I was killing time while you were getting your little witchy things, curious to see what your kind knows—but wanting to talk to me about it? And in a witch store! What gives you the right?"
                                                        "But even other than that, do you know how hard it is to find a man that likes me? No, because you're not gay, you're not tall, and you're almost ******** human!"

She watched back and forth between Salem and then octavious was ranting to abby, and then he was gone. She closed her eyes and when she opened them they were pure swirling white. She didn’t like her friends fighting, and after being around the silver earlier she was slipping. She turned and looked at abby not realizing her eyes were changed. “You shouldn’t have done that abby, you know he is touchy when it comes to things like that, and he is right, the guy could have just been screwing with you.” She shook her head, this entire day was getting worse and worse and she didn’t know what to do about it. She closed her eyes and leaned back, someone should go after him, but she had a feeling she would just make it worse.

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
User Image

xxxxxx
xxxxxx"I'm glad he got you out though, my night princess. Now I get the pleasure of your company.” This was the first thing Z had said. The others might have been happy to have her out, but she hated it. But again the topic of Elias was there and Z told her where he had gone off to. “He got stressed out and was pulled apart, usually when that happens he ends up at his grave site. It’s at the cemetery downtown, close to the back.” It was obvious that he told few of his special places to go. And it hurt a little that Z knew where Elias was and that she didn't. She hardly heard Abby, Octavius, Z, and Salem talking. She was just sipping her blood and wondering what made Z so special to know about his grave. Did she know how he died as well? Akasha knew nothing of the sort. The current events unfolding made her frown. However Salem made a comment that seemed to spark rage in Octavius. Akasha looked up from her empty glass to see he was indeed angry. Apparently Octavius had a new love interest and the others were questioning it. She had no idea who this man might have been, but Octavius seemed to already to have affection or whoever it was. There was something in his eyes that made her question the affection, but who was she to question something she didn't know. Love was love...even he deserved to be happy. Who know why the others were so upset. But it made Octavius so mad that she could see scales.

xxxxxxAfter some harsh words, he went storming out. There was silence a moment between the others. Akasha now had her chance to escape the restaurant. Vampire to the rescue. "I'll go after him...might as well since I need to find Elias...." She kissed Z's cheek before getting up. Then she kissed Salem's cheek. He had a confused look about him. Last was Abby's cheek. The others might be mad at one another, but she had no reason to be caught up in this drama. And so she slid the glasses back on her face and exited the restaurant. She had no idea where the fish went until she caught his scent. His was a very prominent and unique scent. And so she followed it down towards the beaches and the sea. His scent started to get lost among the other fish scents and water. Yet she stopped on the pier and looked around. At first she saw nothing, yet the soft sobs of a man filled her ears. She looked down past the cracks under her, and saw something there. So she jumped down with ease and landed on the sand. There he was, all curled up and crying. At least he picked a shady spot. So she walked over and sat on a rock next to him. Giving comfort was hard for the vampire to do. But she sort of knew what it was like to feel alone and even betrayed. "Sorry...looks like you are stuck with me to attempt to cheer you up...as odd as that may be for both of us." She whispered and stroked his hair gently. Flirting with him was harder to do with him so upset.

xxxxxx"Don't let them bother you...you know Salem...he speaks before he thinks. And Abby...well..." She shrugged and sighed. This seemed to be more about him and Abby rather than him and Salem. Although Salem had started it all with his comment it seemed. "If it makes you feel better...I am happy for you. It has been hard on you being what you are and being in this place." She wasn't sure if she meant that he was gay, or a fish man. Either way it was true. It was nice to see him have a perk in his step when he had come into the restaurant. "You should have seen the look in your eyes...like fire. I was impressed." She wondered if any of that was helping him. Akasha wished she had more practice at this cheering up thing. "Cheer up...think of your manly lover with....no shirt on. That might help bring a smile to that face." She leaned down and over to nuzzle his cheek with her cheek. It was like something a cat might do. "And I promise I won't nibble on him. I will let you do that." If he didn't know, now he did...that she would never take someone's love interest from them. Even if this man was the hottest man in the world...she would never touch him. With a soft giggle, she assumed she had cheered him up. Yet before she got up, she dug into her purse and slid out a handful of tissues. Never knew who was going to end up crying. So she gave them to him and kissed his cheek. Even if he didn't like her too much, she was at least trying to cheer him up. But she still had Elias to get to. And no offense to Octavius, but Elias worried her more at the moment. "I will let you sit here and dream of you perfect man..." So she walked off and headed back into the sun. Before she got too far...she stopped inside a store.

xxxxxxThe vampire bought the darkest sunglasses they had. It was better, but the sun still bugged her. At least she was getting used to it. And so she was off towards the graveyard as Z described. It was downtown and his grave was towards the back. She found it easily, which surprised her. Yet she was frowning, for she was jealous that Z knew more about Elias than Akasha. Yet this was no time to have a fit. She saw him laying there, hands crossed over his chest like some dead body. He was staring off into space and having a moment. "Elias....love? What happened?" No doubt he would be shocked to see her at first. But she assumed he would know Z told her where to find him. She smiled at him and walked to look down at him. "Did Abby do something again?" With Abby being a Witch, Elias was a favorite target for her little tricks. No doubt she had done something to upset him. But what had gotten him so upset to come here and play dead. Well actually...he wasn't playing...

((OOC: .. ))

With: Octavius ~ Elias.
Wearing: Simple Outfit

Fashionable Dabbler

User Image
                                                          Along with his dramatic disappearing acts, Elias could fade from himself. It could maybe be sleeping in ghost terms but he preferred to call it daydreaming or mediating. It was creepy when he didn’t bother closing his eyes, the dark lifeless orbs just staring off towards a place that was far beyond his reach. He didn’t usually lay on top his grave like he was doing now; okay, he didn’t do it most of the time. It wasn’t like anyone could see him. Usually if he didn’t want to return he’d perch himself on top of his headstone, one place he could physically sit on without fear of falling through it. He had mix feelings about the grave stone that rested just behind his head. He remembered following his parents to the funeral. Those were the days of yelling and begging. He wanted them to see him, he wanted so badly for them to just see him, hearing him would have been enough as well, but it just wasn’t meant to be. He was a ghost, dead and remembered only in memory. Elias slowly blinked. His gravestone was near a tree, the shade falling through him in broken patterns as sun leaked through the sparse leaves. A light when rustled the tree overhead and he sighed. He couldn’t let himself become bitter though. He could have his moments, but at least he had an anchor to help control him. His friends-family, whatever you may call them. They were there. They had their arguments, their differences, but they had found each other, leaving under one roof in order to attempt normalcy.

His bitterness could corrupt his spirit. He’d seen it happen. The ghosts are poltergeist, evil sons of bitches that people have every right to spell their houses just to keep them away. They like possessing and had a wild control over manipulating objects to their will. A talent he had some experience in it. Sure the power to do so would be helpful, but using it to torment people would be against him. He didn’t want all that hate pulsing through him, souring his reasoning. He had met one, or at least at been hanging around one that had let himself slip. His anger had been sudden and violent. Of course Elias was a ghost so he couldn’t do much to him, but the transformation had frightened him. That particular ghost had been one of the few that had accepted him, but after that Elias had stopped trying. He started back up with talking to the living again, though not enjoying the silence on the other end. Until of course he talked to a living being that could actually see him. It had been Zarya. He’d noticed after she’d turned on him that she was different. Though she looked human she kind of . . . glittered, no, shimmered? It was hard for him to see, but it was there nonetheless. He’d followed her back to her garage though he hadn’t entered too much metal. He’d exchanged his ghostly life but had barely anything to talk about his past. After he’d disappeared a few times on her he’d eventually admitted that he sometimes appeared before his grave a sort of safe haven when he got stressed or felt a strong stir of . . . emotion? That was the only true personal detail she knew about him the others knew nothing. He’d always wanted to share his life with Akasha, but he could never bring himself to it.

Of course being a ghost, he didn’t feel any vibration in the ground as a figure approached. The woman moved with a fluid grace, moving between gravestones as she came up to his grave. His eyes were open but there was no one home. “Elias . . . love? What happened?” the voice was like a slap to the face. Elias jerked up, dropping his still composure and sitting up his head turning sharply. His eyes widened. It was Akasha. His form twitched and then he appeared perched on his gravestone.

“Akasha . . . fancy seeing you here,” he said shortly. Zarya, darn her. He wanted to be angry with the faerie, angry that she had broken his trust, but he had to admit, company was welcome. He looked down at his hands, looking at the ground through them. His body was buried under the earth, having become worm food. He’d been dressed in a finely tailored suit that his parents had bought him believing he’d need something fancy for interviews and other events while in college. Too bad he’d been buried in it.

When he didn’t say anything else right away the vampire prodded him again. “Did Abby do something again?” The witch sometimes tried things. She was trying to help, trying to find a way to bring him back. She was too good of a witch though, her magic didn’t kiss the darkness that such magic needed.

“No, no nothing like that. Abby didn’t do anything.” Elias said with a wave of his hand. He dropped it to his lap. “I just needed some peace and quiet . . .” he muttered with a grimace. Ironically he felt like he was in everyone’s way. Having to have Octavius save his hide and the looks from Abby, he was like their curious child always getting scolded. He looked at her face, a mix of concern and a frown. “I assume Zarya told you where she guessed I was? I always wanted to tell you, but I it’s not a very good conversation starter,” he said with a shrug. “Sometimes when I say something . . . human, living human, the realization crushes me. I slip and my control just shatters and I end up here or . . .” he trailed off. Or the alleyway.

He sighed and slipped off the headstone, straightening up to meet Akasha’s gaze, but his attention was stolen by something just off to the side of her. Elias’ eyes widened. It was a dog, and not just any kind of mutt. He could see right through it, it was a ghost pooch. “Hey look at that.” He said to the vampire, pointing. Elias whistled, though it sounded like an odd rasp coming from the ghost. The dog looked up, whining slightly before padding over towards them. “I’ve never seen an animal get caught in the in-between,” the ghost said, crouching down. The dog was a mix breed though he could tell it was mostly German shepherd. It tilted its head as it looked at him, judging what he was exactly. Elias held out a hand, offering it to the dog. “Hey there, lost your master?” He asked lightly. The dog looked lost; it’s ghostly eyes deep with confusion and loss. It sniffed at his palm then nuzzled it. Wisps of ghostly matter curled up as they made contact. Elias lips curled into a half smile and he glanced up at the vampire then back at the dog. It suddenly pulled away and whinnied, he realized it was looking at something behind him. “What is it?” He asked. He felt a sudden otherworldly presence. He knew the familiar feeling, it was a door way. They opened for a ghost who had fulfilled what had tied them to the in-between in the first place. The dog’s eyes focused on him for a moment its tail wagging before it walked toward him. Before it made contact it faded peacefully. Elias had his hand still held out but he dropped it suddenly and stood up looking away from the vampire his eyes burning with the thought of tears, but ghost didn’t cry.

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
User Image

xxxxxx
xxxxxxAkasha watched him jerk up from his spot and look at her. His eyes were wide in shock. She figured he would have been shocked to see her there. “Akasha . . . fancy seeing you here.” She shifted more under the shade of the tree closet to her. "I know...me in the sun is shocking for even myself...let alone me at your grave..." She gave him a soft smile. The sun was taking most of her energy away for her flirting. It would come back in time. For now the subject of Abby came up. “No, no nothing like that. Abby didn’t do anything. I just needed some peace and quiet...” To this she nodded and moved the hair from her face. Alas her face still held that frown at the fact he kept his secrets from her. “I assume Zarya told you where she guessed I was? I always wanted to tell you, but I it’s not a very good conversation starter. Sometimes when I say something . . . human, living human, the realization crushes me. I slip and my control just shatters and I end up here or . . .” He trailed off in his thoughts. "Yes...Even Salem was concerned when you didn't come in the restaurant with the others. And since Octavius stormed out...I figured I best go after him...and go looking for you." It was strange to think how he could just phase away and end up here at his grave. Her eyes looked at the grave a moment, then back at him. By then his attention had shifted from her. The woman blinked and turned her look to what it was at her side. A dog? Not just any dog, but a ghost one. Elias seemed excited a moment, pointing at it and even whistling for the dead creature to come. “Hey look at that.” The dog wondered over and whined softly. Akasha turned to stand next to Elias. “I’ve never seen an animal get caught in the in-between,” Elias crouched to meet the animal and offered out a hand. It was like Akasha wasn't even there. “Hey there, lost your master?” The creature nuzzled his hand and Elias smiled some, turning to look at her for only a moment.

xxxxxxSoon the dog turned and whined, walking away. There was something that got both of their attentions. “What is it?” She saw nothing, but Elias wasn't moving, yet the dog was looking right at him. Maybe something was behind Elias? The dog's tail wagged and walked towards Elias, whom still had his hand out. The dog almost touched him, yet faded away right before he did. That was it then, Akasha figured out what had happened. The dog had passed from the in-between world and into the light, so to speak.His hand dropped suddenly and he stood up to look at her. He looked close to tears, yet none came. Ghosts could not cry, where she could. It was rare something moved her to tears, yet his pain struck her. This was one of those rare moments. A single tear, clearly visible, fell from her eye and a tiny piece of smoke rose up. Not only was the tear drying as soon as it fell, but it was also acidic. She brushed what was left of it away and composed herself. The woman opened her mouth to say something, but what was she to say to him? All she knew was flirting and sweet words. This was another example of how she needed to work on how to comfort people. Telling him that she loved him would only further upset him. Flirting with him would not be the right thing to do. Hugging him might be the only thing to do. But even thinking about it left her unsure. Damn....she was speechless. Akasha sighed and took some steps towards him and touched his cheek, moving her hand before it could phase into his skull. "I wish I could stand here...and tell you that I know how you feel...but I don't know exactly how you feel. I wish I did...so that you weren't so...alone..." That sounded harsh, but she hadn't meant it that way. She had no idea what it was like to be dead and have no one see you. Sure she was dead, but there were other vampires like her in the area. People could see her, touch her, hold her....Elias couldn't have any of that. "I'm no good at cheering people up...." She tried her best to smile. The vampire was trying her best. So far she was two for two on the failing to comfort and cheer up scoreboard.

xxxxxx"I could tell you a story...doubt it would make you feel better...might though." She shrugged and looked into his sad eyes. Maybe she could tell him about her dreams of the past. The faceless man that was her father, dying before her. But she had felt so alone after that. Maybe he would find comfort in knowing that she sometimes felt as alone as he did sometimes. Even with the others in the house always around, she knew she was alone. Other vampires didn't share her ideas about the humans. Yet those in the house would never fully trust her. Even a few times when Akasha had been 'nibbling' on Zarya, she could see some slight fear in her eyes. Even Zarya feared that Akasha would start having a snack and instead drink her dry. It was only natural for them to fear her and most days it didn't bother her. "...Yeah I doubt any of my stories will cheer you up. I only know sad stories." She chuckled and grabbed his hand to lead him towards the tree more. She let go before her hand could pass through his. Now she was safe under the shade of the tree. She was able to remove her sunglasses now. The sun was less of a problem now. "If you want to tell me...about anything...you can tell me Elias. I admit...I am jealous that Zarya knows more than I do. But...that was your choice." She watched the birds fly in and out of the tree a moment. "Just know that I am here for you." Her eyes were back on him now.

xxxxxxThat was enough of that. "What to go for a walk?" Maybe a nice walk around the city would help him clear his mind. All she knew was that she didn't want to go back to the restaurant. "Or we can go to the restaurant...if the others are still there..." She still at least made the offer to him. Akasha shrugged again and waited for a reply. The choice would be his. Maybe he would turn both down and want to be alone. If that was the case she might just escape back to the attic and sleep until night. She planned on taking Salem up on his offer to go out with her. Maybe she would force him to take her to a fancy club, but that would be no fun. So maybe just a normal club where she could dance. But that was probably not the time to be thinking about it. So her attention was fully on Elias; her smile soft on her lips.

Nimble Sex Symbol

13,825 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Married 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

█████┋▫▫ HAPPINESS HITh-her likeatrainonatrack
                                                  xx》❖ ⋮ coming tow:ards` her ( stuck!still ) NOTURNINGB-BACK !!
                                                  xxxx*SHE HID AROUNDCOUNTERS && SHE HID UNDERBEDS
                                                  xxxxxx she..killed..it..with..kisses.. && ANDFROMITSHEFLED

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

For the slightest of a moment, Abby felt a surge of pride; she had Salem agreeing with her, even if he was a little eccentric. But at Octavius’ outcry of ‘taking sides’, the red head’s eyes narrowed. This wasn’t about taking sides! This was about making sure the fish brain in front of her lived to see another day! Why didn’t he see that? Yet, as he turned to her and called jealous, fury rolled through her like a wave. Magic crackled through her hair, a scowl forming on her face as she leaned towards the merman.

“Ye think a'm jealous fur o' that? Juist how much o` yer brain is made o' seawater! I'm trying tae keep ye alive!” The witch hissed at him, resisting the urge to slam her hands on the table. Okay, so maybe she was a little jealous, but it wasn’t because of a stupid book! She’d only be jealous because here she is, living with the guy, and they were just on coffee base, yet one witch walks in and its perfectly fine to shag him? Something was wrong there. “'n' I didnae wantae blether aboot it richt thare in th' damn store, ye t**t, I juist suggested that ye micht huv some trust in me!”

Ooooh, no. At Octavius’ words, all anger drained from her face, leaving her about as stunned as if someone had slapped her. At the sight of tears, Abby suddenly looked from Salem, who looked pretty much like how the witch was feeling, then to everyone else at the table as if to say ‘okay, I’ve ******** up, now someone fix it’. As the merman stood up, sending his chair toppling over, Abernathy was up as well, hands out as if the correct words would just fall and land in her out stretched hands. “Octavius, wait, na –“ But he was gone, and Abby fell back in her chair, head in her hands.

Well.
                                                              That went well.

As the anger vanished, guilt replaced it. “ I didnae mean tae mak’ him cry,” Abby almost moaned out, then sighed. She truly hadn’t! She didn’t expect for things to get so . . .so out of control! And while rolling around in her own cesspool of sorrow, Zarya just had to make it worse. All of the anger returned with a vengeance, and whirled to the fae, Abby’s eyes completely white. “Fine. If this guy fines us 'n' tries tae rip yer wings oot tae grind intae powder, I will mak' sure tae keep it tae masell. Touchy subject, richt? “Just as soon as the words were out of her mouth, more guilt, now coiled so tightly in her stomach she thought she might puke, caused her to ease back. She let out a groan. “I’m sorry,” She said, truly meaning. She didn’t even know why she was so pissed right now, since she had just snapped at two friends. Wasn’t that enough rage? “Bit this guy isnae tae be trusted. Ah ken animal wallies, 'n' ah ken human wallies, 'n' it wasn't either o' they twa.”

With a ‘thunk’, Abby’s head hit the table. Today had just gone to s**t. “I hawp he’s okay,” She hummed out, worry mixing in with the guilt. If he came across the other witch, what would stop him from going with him? And what was stopping him from cursing her into the Nether?

▪ ➠ R-RUN FAST! FOR YOUR MOTHER && R-RUN FAST! FOR YOUR FATHER !!
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxrun for your children for your sisters and brothersxxxxxxxxrun for your children for your sisters and brothers
                                                              xxxxxleave all your love and your longing behind youxxxxxleave all your love and your longing behind you

: ➠⊹c-can`t ( carry ) LOVE with you if you want to
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxS U R V I V E 《⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Feral Hellhound

20,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
User ImageUser Image

Octavius was crying, and couldn't stop. He tried, but he only succeeded in making his breathing more irregular and sobbing harder. He didn't know why Abby decided to say that about Des. He knew Des didn't like her—that much was plainly evident with the way he'd regarded her in the witches' shop, but this . . . Octavius didn't understand. Finally, he'd found a supernatural being that was one, gay, and two, into him, and three—taller than him. He couldn't date a human because he doubted they would ever understand—and he would outlive them by centuries. He didn't know about witches, but he'd heard of some living for a very long time. Eternal youth was something coveted by them, and was a trade secret not so tightly guarded as might be expected. He'd heard a tale about a merman being hunted by his ex-lover through the seas, for centuries, by a witch. It could be just lore but there was always a grain of truth to most fairytales.

He was only alone for awhile, but he felt more alone now than he had this morning, when he had been in his own secluded part of the house. He knew where his friends were but he didn't believe they had his back—not at all. Octavius gazed out at the sea, wondering if any of this would've happened if he'd stayed in the Mediterranean. It had been fun—the European countries were always so different and so old, but vibrant. It was different here, but Octavius liked it. But if he'd stayed behind? His boyfriends probably would've found a mate, and he would've been alone anyways. He thought once more about Abby. She seemed to be on his mind as much as Des. She had tried to reach out to him as he'd run away, but Octavius had been having none of it. Octavius put his cheek on his knee, and looked down the beach, only to see one of his friends heading his way. "Sorry . . . looks like you are stuck with me to attempt to cheer you up . . . as odd as that may be for both of us."

"I don't mind." Octavius said, his voice shaky and a bit forced at the end. Akasha reached out and stroked his hair, petting him. It was queer, but it felt comforting. Octavius' shoulders relaxed, and his sobs became less frequent, instead, silent tears leaked from his eyes. The more he calmed down, the more logic was trying to send ice spikes into his brain and wake him up. Abby . . . her head was in the right place, right? NO! Octavius shook himself out of that thought and let Akasha comfort him. He wasn't going to let Abby talk him out of this date; it was his first as a land-lubber, and he wanted it to be good!

"Don't let them bother you . . . you know Salem . . . he speaks before he thinks. And Abby . . . well . . ." Akasha trailed off. She shrugged, sighing. Salem was Salem, and Octavius understood somewhat why he'd had such a knee-jerk reaction to Des. He was an Alpha wolf, and it wasn't too, too far off from the full moon . . . Still. It had been way too insensitive. The man was ignorant when it came to politeness, really, or courtesy. "If it makes you feel better . . . I am happy for you. It has been hard on you being what you are and being in this place." Akasha said, speaking aloud what Octavius had been stewing on for the past thirty minutes or so.

"It has been. I . . ." Octavius trailed off, as Akasha took another breath to speak. Octavius doubted he could explain his true feelings, since he was a bit foggy on them at the moment anyways.

"You should have seen the look in your eyes . . . like fire. I was impressed." Akasha said.

"It's normal. When a merman is upset, our eyes swirl like a sea storm. It's one way to tell us apart from humanity." Octavius said truthfully. Why he was telling Akasha this he had no idea. He wasn't willing to tell Abby that, though honestly, it wasn't that hard to figure out. But telling someone who might wish him harm, unlike Abby or Akasha, wasn't a good idea . . . "We always have blue eyes—because they reflect naught of where we are . . . but the ocean." he said. Akasha seemed to be thinking of something. Octavius waited in companionable silence for her to continue.

"Cheer up . . . think of your manly lover with . . . no shirt on. That might help bring a smile to that face." She said, leaning over towards him to give his cheek an eskimo kiss. Somewhat like what a kitten might do, if you cuddled it. Octavius laughed in spite of himself, sniffling, and reaching up to try and staunch the flow of tears from his eyes with his thumb. Mmm . . . Des without a shirt? Oh, goodness, Akasha's cheering-up was working. "And I promise I won't nibble on him. I will let you do that." she said. She made him laugh again. He didn't doubt she was completely serious—she wouldn't be nibbling on him, sexually or not. It brightened him a little.

"Thank you, Akasha." he said. Akasha giggled to herself, then reached and grabbed her purse, handing him a packet of tissues. Ha! She thought of everything. Better to be prepared . . . Octavius accepted them with a smile, and Akasha stood to leave then.

"I will let you sit here and dream of you perfect man . . ." She told him. Well, Octavius figured he'd get himself together, then go shopping for an outfit. Then maybe he'd go home and have a soak before leaving for his date tonight. No matter what, he wasn't letting Abby get to him. There had been something strange about Des, yes, but not enough to make Octavius deny the subliminal, base-level desire that had flared between them. Octavius watched Akasha leave, only the occasional tear leaking from his eye now. He dabbed at his eyes with the tissues, then stuffed the package into his pocket. He really needed some shopping therapy. He could rebuild his happiness for tonight, he could! He just hoped Abby wouldn't insist on him staying home, because if she did, he doubted he could get out. Maybe if he implored Zarya or something . . . no, he wouldn't let Abby control him like that. Her care for him was touching . . . but her apparent disregard for his feelings was currently unacceptable. Akasha had said Salem didn't think before he spoke, which was true enough, but Abby did. And she hadn't thought enough about what she was going to say, evidently. Or she had, and had put his safety above his feelings. Well as touching as that was, Octavius didn't want to hear it.

Octavius stood up, dusting his bottom off, then shaking the sand from his hands. He remembered a moment later just what was in his back pocket, and took it out. His jeans were thick enough to have shielded the card from any damage, and it was still relatively stiff. There wasn't much of a curve to it, where he would've sat on it. It had Des' full name on it, with sparkly lettering on a black card. Desmond Blake. He lived in a funeral home? Peculiar. Death in general freaked Octavius out, but maybe it wouldn't bother him if Des was there. Their date was going to be interesting, nonetheless. Now that he had stopped crying, he needed to move on to the most important question of all: what would he wear? To answer that question, Octavius went to the mall, walking through town with his head held as high as he dared. When he got there, he smiled. This was his element.

Octavius went to all his favorite stores, but didn't buy much. He bought some turquoise skinny jeans he knew'd make his a** look good, but it wasn't until he stopped into quiksilver that he saw a shirt that'd compliment them perfectly—and started building an outfit. Most of his current accessories would be acceptable—you didn't need to swap bracelets as much as shirts in the fashion world. He found a cute pink belt and added that to his purchases, then walked into JC Penny's and found a cute pink long-sleeve t-shirt that faded into pastel pink at the end of the sleeves. His outfit complete, Octavius was in a semi-good mood again. But the thing that'd top all of this off . . . had to be a manicure. And he knew just where to go. Plus he could get turquoise polish, to match his pants! All of the ladies in the nail salon loved Octavius, and he did his best to entertain them with celebrity gossip and make-up techniques. One of the nail artists came from France, too, so she loved the fact he could speak her language. They were under the impression he was a foreign exchange college student, and he never corrected them.

When he got to the nail salon, the women brightened when they saw him, and he couldn't help but do the same, as he set his bags in one of the back rooms (they knew him well enough, and it was for safe keeping) as they took him to a station, and proceeded to pamper him, as he regaled the tale of a possible boyfriend and his date with Desmond tonight—and dusted over most of Abby's beef with him, since they wouldn't understand witchy things. And then told them how he'd come here to shop and make himself feel better, all while buying an outfit for tonight's date. To celebrate, they broke out one of their best polishes, a turquoise (to match his outfit, as he had suggested) polish with silver flecks in it, which looked really cool. And it picked up on both the white-ish elements in his new outfit, and obviously the turquoise. Pleased with himself, when they were done, Octavius tipped them, said goodbye to the salon ladies, and grabbed his bags, heading home. When he got there, he was (thankfully) alone, and so he slipped up to his simple room (it had a water bed—someone's idea for a joke, but it was really comfy actually, and it soothed Octavius), then deposited his acquisitions on the bed, before pulling them out and hanging them up so they wouldn't wrinkle.

When that was done, Octavius stripped, and wrapped a towel around himself, heading into the bathroom. It was time to soak a little, and he needed to relax. When he got the water heated and the tub full, he sunk into it, then stretched out—and shifted. His tail, a glimmering expanse of blue sapphire and emerald-touched scales, stayed submerged, and the rays of sun streaming in from the half-circle window above the tub made them shimmer. Octavius was careful not to shift his nails, so he didn't disrupt his manicure, too. The fins on the sides of his arms and scales around his eyes were there, though, and he submerged himself, allowing his gills to start working and his lungs to get a break. His neck felt cooler, now, where he had been flushed from the effort of shopping and walking everywhere. He opened his eyes, which were almost glowing blue, and looked at the ceiling through the water, his eyes barely open. Freshwater was so much clearer than the seawater in the Boston Harbor, that was for sure. The Mediterranean was cleaner, to Octavius, but still . . . freshwater took the cake. He was most at home in salt-water, but freshwater was alright too.

Octavius soaked for a good ten minutes, then washed all over, making himself smell clean, and fresh—using a soap that was supposed to be scented "Ocean Breeze". When he was finished, he rinsed himself off, then climbed out of the tub and headed back into his room, putting on his new outfit and modeling it in his full-length mirror. He looked good, if he did say so himself. He wasn't letting himself think about what Abby thought of Desmond . . . not at all. He knew he would forgive her, but . . . he wanted to prove her wrong first. Honestly, if anything went south at the date, he'd just run or something, or dive into the nearest body of water and sink down to the bottom of it. It'd ruin his outfit . . . but he wasn't betting on having to do it, anyways. Des had only seemed a little nasty towards Abby . . . certainly not to him. He was going to give this a chance, even if Abby didn't want him to. He was a big merman—he could make decisions for himself. And if he had anything to say about it . . . it wouldn't be her saying 'I told you so,' but him.

Fashionable Dabbler

User Image
                                                          The vampire slunk shifted into the shade of the tree, taking full advantage of its protection from the sun while she attempted to consul him. "I know...me in the sun is shocking for even myself...let alone me at your grave..." She said lightly, giving a soft smile that wasn’t returned by the ghost. When he’d trailed off she had picked up the conversation on her end again. "Yes...Even Salem was concerned when you didn't come in the restaurant with the others. And since Octavius stormed out...I figured I best go after him...and go looking for you." The ghost looked at her then. Everyone had been concerned? Even though his emotions rarely revealed anything but sadness and inner anger and frustration there was a flicker of something there . . . surprise maybe? Comfort? A mix of both? Even Salem, now that was a lot. The werewolf was Mr. Unsociable, and though he lived with them, he was reserved and few of words. When he’d pointed out the dog, Akasha had turned to follow his gaze. The scene was nothing but a reminder. A reminder that he had yet to find his door, a reminder that he was still here in the in-between, seen but not seen, heard but not heard. He didn’t know if he could leave though, his friends . . . they had become his family. He feared what was beyond because he didn’t know what to expect and his family wouldn’t be there to back him up or comfort him.

Akasha’s face reflected his sadness, the one he could not expression very well. A single tear welled and slipped down her cheek quickly wiped away before it could do any damage. They stood there in a moment of silence and remembrance until the vampire moved toward him slowly. She stopped just in front of him, her hand touching his cheek. He could feel her own cold flesh for a moment before she dropped her hand. "I wish I could stand here...and tell you that I know how you feel...but I don't know exactly how you feel. I wish I did...so that you weren't so...alone..." The ghost physical flinched which was just a twitch of his head, jerking it to one side. "I'm no good at cheering people up...." She said added giving him her best smile. Elias’s own lips curved into a faint smile.

“I wasn’t either,” he said.

"I could tell you a story...doubt it would make you feel better...might though." Akasha said with a shrug and looked into his eyes. He wondered about her past. Such a long and trouble one surely. She had lived a lot longer than he ever would, and experienced more whether it was worth keeping as a memory or becoming the source of her nightmares. "...Yeah I doubt any of my stories will cheer you up. I only know sad stories." She added with a chuckle. She was able to laugh about it, brushing it off like an old joke. He wasn’t exactly fresh but it had only been about a year since his death. Akahas suddenly had his hand, pulling him the deepest patch of shade before his form lost its solidness. "If you want to tell me...about anything...you can tell me Elias. I admit...I am jealous that Zarya knows more than I do. But...that was your choice." The vampire said removing her sunglasses and watching a disturbed group of birds flutter away. "Just know that I am here for you." The ghost looked down at the ground, his feet currently not present. He nodded finally.

“Want to go for a walk?” the vampire asked unexpectedly. Elias looked up a grin spreading across his ghostly white lips. "Or we can go to the restaurant...if the others are still there..." She also suggested.

“Can we go to the park?” Elias asked. He moved silently jumping locations to another headstone. It wasn’t his. He glanced over at his, his eyes flickering over his name, birth, and death. His family hadn’t had anything else engraved. He had other motives beside the park though. He wanted to show her something. “First, follow me,” he said before disappearing and reappearing farther down the path towards the entrance of the cemetery, stopping just outside the borders of the graveyard. He turned knowing Akasha would keep up. He didn’t want to waste any more time. He followed his memory. Usually he just materialized there but with his vampire friend following behind he couldn’t. The ghost finally found the alleyway, his alleyway. He moved down it just a little ways and stopped. “This is where I died,” he said evenly, a sense of calm enveloping him as he held his hands out before him, gesturing to the alleyway around him.

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
User Image

xxxxxx
xxxxxxElias, understandable, was not very talkative. However at the suggestion of a walk, he grinned. “Can we go to the park?” She smiled and nodded to his question. "Of course we can..." She slid her sunglasses back on. He was jumping from one gravestone to another, yet his eyes remained on his. She just looked at him and wondered what she could do to cheer him up more. “First, follow me,” He was gone a moment, then off farther down the path. She walked after him, passing the entrance of the cemetery. He kept going, for he knew she would easily keep up. And so she did, walking slowly behind him as he led her someplace. She had no idea where they were going until they got there. Her brown eyes looked around at the area around them.

xxxxxxAn alleyway. It was cold and dark. The smell of death and evil clung the the air here. For a slight moment it made her slightly nervous. However this passed and she just watched him walk a little farther and stop. His hands went out before him. “This is where I died,” He gestured to the alleyway around them. She looked around and took some steps. "This place...the smell of death clings to the air." Her eyes flickered to red, yet it was soft. She was able to remove her sunglasses, since it was darker here.

xxxxxx"You died here?" She was just confirming what he had already said. Akasha wondered what on earth could have occurred here. Was he mugged and killed, did he suffer a heart attack, or was it something more complex? She figured it had to be something more complex seeing as he was trapped in between life and death. And this place seemed to be so cold that even she shivered. It was making her slightly uncomfortable. The vampire made her way over to him and she placed a hand to his shoulder. However she had to slide it away before it was able to slid into his body. With her eyes red, she stepped past him and walked around, her hand out to run along the side of the building. After some moments of walking, she slowly made her way back to him.

xxxxxxAkasha felt she had found the exact spot he had taken his last breath. It was around the area that he was standing. It was there that it was the most cold and hollow. The smell of death was so heavy over his head. Her eyes flickered back to brown and she looked into his eyes. "Elias..." Did she even need to know? Would he even tell her? She let out a sigh and she itched the back of her head, as if thinking. A stray cat knocked over a piece of trash that made a sound. She turned her attention to the commotion. The cat ran off when it laid it's hungry eyes on the vampire standing there. The object to fall over was a piece of metal left laying around. Again her eyes were on him.

xxxxxxEven her own death and life was something she tried to keep from others. Not even Z or Elias knew her manner of death or that she had killed her own father. No one knew she had secretly stalked her brother for the remainder of his life...watching him kill himself with drugs and booze was released from the jail. What scared her most...was that her brother had children running around. She was a Aunt of unknown nieces and nephews. Yet by now most of them were dead and their children's children remained. They were foreign to her and she wanted nothing to do with them. It was her brothers fault this all happened. If he had just stayed...she would have not had to watch their mother die alone. Elizabeth would have not had to dance for money just to keep her father alive. She wouldn't have been changed into this monster no one would ever love. Her father wouldn't have died of a heart attack at the sight of her standing there. It was all his fault...and she often regretted not taking his life when she had the chance. Yet being bitter was not the answer. She just had to accept it all. The woman blinked again and moved the long brown hair from her face. Elizabeth...that's right...her name was Elizabeth....

xxxxxxAkasha stroked his cheek for as long as she could, of course pulling her soft hand away before it could fade away into the ghostly skull. "...Love...how did you die?" There, she had finally asked it. Never before had she asked him this. Now seemed the right time. He seemed to want to share bits of him. But would he want to tell her that? If he refused, she would not press him. Instead she figured they would just forget she asked and head to the park. Yet he was being so open with her, she felt as if she needed to share something with him as well. In the event he did share his death, she would share her own death. But she had a feeling his would be more heart wrenching than her own.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff