Welcome to Gaia! ::

zippypopz's One That Got Away

Loyal Poster

User Image
User Image

Hannah Wrenly

"I can hear the song from the wind."

Hannah let out a low rumble of what resembled a growl in her throat. "Don't call me child twerp. Those fools needed time to get to their other precious ship and they wouldn't have lasted a second on the ground with that monster trying to kill them." When he offered to carry her, she wasn't to thrilled at first. Why would this guy come after a complete stranger? She sighed and hopped onto his back, grateful that she wouldn't have to continue walking on her injured leg. "Thanks for... Coming after me and all."

User Image
User Image

C L O U D
S T R I D E R

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

► L o c a t i o n : Half way across the city. ► H e a l t h :100% ► T h o u g h t s : "Yes, Yes."
▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Yeah, well those fools have the only medical supplies adequate enough to save your leg. So try to keep that boyish mouth of yours reigned in until you can walk again." Situating her gently on his back, Cloud then began moving quite fast back to the group of others. As he heard her thank him, he let out a scoff. "I don't get what the big deal is. Isn't this what you're supposed to do when you know someone's in trouble?" Of course this little trip was going to take a bit. Cloud couldn't move as fast as he was before with someone on his back, especially if they were injured. Despite this, he continued looking around to make sure no Shamblers crept up on them. Cloud was good about maneuvering around them without needing to engage them. Hopefully, that giant Tyrant wouldn't come charging back after them as well.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kimbley of Chaos

Loyal Poster

User Image
User Image

Hannah Wrenly

Hannah let out a small laugh. "With how the world is, usually people would save themselves if someone tried to save them. What if I hadn't been in trouble?" She stopped speaking for a while, she was to dizzy to talk actually. Her tourniquet was slowly becoming loose and the glass was still inside her leg. She hadn't pulled it out right away because that would cause more damage. I hope he's right about the blockheads having medical supplies. Maybe even someone who specializes in medicine. All she could do was hope. For a while her thoughts lingered to being saved until she realized her situation right then. She had no shirt on, only a bra. Her mother had always warned her to never be caught even partially naked by a male because they would take advantage of her. Hannah's breath began to become a slight bit erratic at the thought that since she was injured it would be hard to fight back but soon enough she realized yet another fact, he hadn't seem to notice it or didn't comment. Gingerly Hannah set her head against his back; at this point her face was all red from blushing due to her inner thoughts.

Along the way Hannah picked up on the small noises that meant some infected were nearby. A glass bottle rolling across the pavement, small groans and moans, and even the occasional sound of stuff being knocked over. None of that alarmed her at first until she started to hear metal being dragged on concrete. She lifted her head up a small bit but just didn't have the energy to keep her head up. She tried to turn her head more so she could have more of a view of the side she was facing. It didn't work either. But that didn't mean she didn't figure out what it was. Once Cloud passed one set of buildings, she managed to see what it was. Oh holy hell. Give us a break! "Cloud, there is a razor to your left. Its walking past a hound who's tied to a not so sturdy looking fire hydrant." Hannah quickly whispered to him. Even at that noise volume of just a low whisper, the two noticed the sound and turned to face them. He better be a better fighter than he is a rescuer.

User Image
User Image

C L O U D
S T R I D E R

► L o c a t i o n : Getting Closer To The Main Group . ► H e a l t h : 100% ► T h o u g h t s : "Why's her breathing suddenly so erratic?"
▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"That's backwards thinking. Since the world is the way it is, you should help every survivor you can, right? If you weren't in trouble? Hadn't thought about it since you were in trouble." Cloud seemed to have a very simple way of thinking. It sometimes made him seem naive, but it was actually a more methodical form of thought than people tended to realize. After continuing on a little more, Cloud could hear the shuffling movement of the infected. He stopped just as Hannah whispered in his ear. "A Razor I can deal with, but a Hound..? I don't have anything to keep it busy..." Cloud had faced a Hound before, but managed to get by it without killing it. Since the beasts had such a keen sense of smell and hearing, he used those two factors against them. Unfortunately, he had no abundance of onions, or something of equal smell, or something to cause a deafening noise to throw the beast off balance.

Quickly moving out of their line of sight, Cloud set Hannah down and tightened the tourniquet on her leg. "You wanted to know what this thing was, right?." Hopefully, he would be able to make this poorly made device work in time so he could escape the Hound before it unhooked itself from the fire hydrant. Resting his back on the edge of the building, Cloud waited for the Razor to come closer to him. Peeking around, he could see all kinds of metal sticking out of it. "Let's hope that's enough to keep him down...." As the Biter was within range, Cloud turned the corner as he pulled the device from his belt. Pointing it at the Razor, he pulled the little trigger. Zap! The blasted device electrocuted him once again. Cringing, he shook his hand out, then smacked the device against his other hand. Pointing it once again at the Razor, he pulled the trigger again. Just like that, the Razor was suddenly pushed back and kept at bay by some invisible force. Shoving the device towards the Razor cause the Biter to then get pushed off balance and fall over. Due to all the metal shards sticking out of it, it had quite a hard time trying to get back up. Next, Cloud put the device back in his belt, pulled out his Shirasaya from the sheathe on his waist, then stabbed it in the head to silence its groans. Looking back down the road, he saw the Hound staring directly at him. Shivers running up his spine, he quickly jogged back around to Hannah and finally realized the state she was in. Immediately averting his gaze, he took off his jacket and threw it over her face. That was when he began fidgeting with his white long sleeved shirt, and a set of bandages around his neck. He seemed upset with them, but waited for Hannah to put the jacket on as he turned in the opposite direction.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kimbley of Chaos

Loyal Poster

User Image
User Image

Hannah Wrenly

Hannah was set down and her tourniquet was fastened. How many times am I going to have to thank him? Screw it, I will thank him completely when this is over. She watched him move around then tried to shoot what she believed to be a gun. When he was electrocuted though, she gasped and hoped he was alright. Be careful you imbecile! She tried to open her mouth to thank him but just couldn't find herself able to. Wasn't that she was incapable of doing so, she just didn't want to. This time when he shot with the device the razor was shot backwards. Hannah just stared in disbelief. It was like.... Controlling gravity to her. Something that seemed impossible but might really be possible. After he killed off the razor, he finally became aware of how she was shirtless. She was even more thankful towards him when he threw his jacket over her which she slowly put on and zipped up. She looked down at it and it seemed a bit big on her. Baggy and the sleeves fell past her hands. I like it. Comfortable. Then, like a creep, she sniffed it. Weird, it doesn't truly smell that bad. I can't exactly pin point it but there's a hint of something that actually smells... Nice on it. After being done with being all creep-like, she noticed the bandages around his neck. "What are those covering?" She hoped he would get that she referred to what she guessed might be what people in the past called gauze.

User Image
      User Image
                                        penelope sue greyson
                                        xxxxxxxxSURVIVOR SURVIVOR SURVIVOR

Penelope looked down at the red head and smiled. She looked friendly enough. As the red head extended her hand Penny reached out and grabbed her hand giving it a firm shake. One thug her father taught her was when you shake someone's hand you have to mean it. She felt that was something more a man would need to know but it didn't matter much to her.

"Hi there, Riza! I'm Penny Su Greyson. It's nice to see you're on my side. Are you a good shot? Well I guess you would have to be they wouldn't give you a gun or let you have one at least. Heh. So. Are you though?" Penny always ended up talking too much. She usually had two settings, completely silent or rambling till the end of time. It usually was rambling but Penny was able to staying quiet when she truly did not know what to say.

But this girl seemed nice enough. She looked like she was able to take care of herself though. It was securing to have her on the team. Penny relaxed a bit. She was still nervous and her stomach was full of butterflies for the entire expedition but now she knew someone she was working with and if she didn't like anyone else she at least had Riza. But if she didn't have Riza she'd have to find someone to like on the team soon otherwise Penny wouldn't have much of a mind to stay with the group or even leave with the group.

ktserk8
User Image

C L O U D
S T R I D E R

► L o c a t i o n :The Street . ► H e a l t h :100% ► T h o u g h t s : "The device works...! Sorta~..."
▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After hearing her question, Cloud fell silent, but actually looked a little confused. It was as if he didn't know but refused to let it slip. "Horns." He replied sarcastically. Quickly, Cloud picked her back up and situated her on his back. Giving the Hound a wide space, he quickly moved past it's peripheral and continued on quickly for a few blocks. "I said I'd tell you if it worked, so pay attention. It's a Reverse Polarity gun. Poorly made at that since I was going off theory instead of experience. Since the Razors are fulls of metal, they're too dangerous to grab and stab. So, taking advantage of all the metal stuck in them, I made a magnet gun that would push them away instead of pull them toward me. That's why I stole a bunch of stuff from their crashed ship. Of course the thing is temperamental..." Pausing as he recalled how it continued to electrocute him, he shuttered in anger. "Hows the pain? Are you getting dizzy or light headed? Can you even still feel your leg?" He asked.

Cloud could see the park in the distance. It was only a matter of time before Cloud could get Hannah the medical attention she needed.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kimbley of Chaos

Friendly Conversationalist

6,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Chris Senz

User Image

"I'm here to help..."

The light blinded him, and it was real sunlight, not the fluorescent lights of the Infinity. The heat hit him, and it was nothing like what he'd felt before. He was barely combat ready when the words of the Captain went through his head. "Then we have to get moving!" His hand went to his knife, and sheathed a second one from it. They limited him to one weapon, good deal on them that they let him bring one that could become a few. He looked around and grabbed a pack of food and a some repair tools, and said, "They didn't anticipate the undead still being here, so they sent enough to make a forward base, sir! We need to come back at another time." He climbed out of the shuttle with the two duffel bags over his shoulder. "Lead the way, I can keep up at any pace you set, sir!"

He looked at the masses of the undead and he knew it would be a tough mission to say the least. He was prepared to stab any of them in the eye, knowing he'd have to be quick and precise.

"...but I don't know how to. Yet."

Loyal Poster

User Image
User Image

Hannah Wrenly

For the most part Hannah stayed silent. They almost reached the others when her health just went from a small downward spiral to a steep drop. Her vision became blurry and she actually started to cry. She knew he asked her questions then about how she was feeling. "N...ngh..." Hannah tried to respond but her words slurred when she tried to say them. My tongue feels numb... Hannah slipped into a state of shock mere moments later.

User Image
User Image

THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING...

The Captain urged the passengers off the shuttle out into the open park. He rummaged through a few cases and found a stun baton and 2 stun rifles. These would at least scare the survivors into thinking they had new age tech. Grabbing the medical duffel and slinging it over his shoulder and powering up the rifle he pointed to the SUV he had landed on. "Move to that vehicle and wait for me. There any rope on this vessel?" The Captain spoke with a commanding nature trying to stress that they didn't have time to be taking in the sunlight and basking in new feelings.

Keller shouldered the rifle and stood guard while his newest team mates gathered themselves and fled the shuttle. He feared they wouldn't have time to get back to the fire escape if they waited too long. He could already see the undead approaching the shuttle. "Hurry up we are running out of time here folks!"
User Image

C L O U D
S T R I D E R

► L o c a t i o n :Ridge of the Park . ► H e a l t h :100% ► T h o u g h t s : "Son of a-!"
▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After asking some important questions, Cloud didn't hear a response from Hannah. hearing her muffled grunts, he was alarmed at how fast her health was deteriorating. Picking up the pace now, Cloud could see the Off-Worlders getting ready to leave. "Aw c'mon!" If Cloud began yelling, he could very well bring down all kinds of infected on to their exposed behinds. Still, he had no choice. Seeing the man who looked like a Captain giving out orders, Cloud called out to him with a tired voice. "Hey Captain Kirk!!" Hopefully the man wouldn't be cross about him stealing from their ship. Regardless, Hannah was the one who saved them from the Tyrant, they did owe her that much. "Try and stay conscious, you pipsqueak!" Cloud tried his hardest to insult her to keep a fire writhing within her.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kimbley of Chaos

Mikethepunkguy85

Ajax

User Image

Ajax watched as the girl, even though she was smaller than everyone else here draw the large zombie away from the group. And the man infront of him showed no signs of hindering him getting to the ship. As the captain jumped landing on the SUV below and denting the roof in slightly with a not so graceful fall. Shaking his head Ajax looked at his surroundings, The mangled bottom to the fire escape was a no go. How ever there was a large pipe down the length of the building. grabbing hold he scaled down the pipe shaking and threatening to fall at a moments notice, but held.

Feet touching the ground he gave the pipe a small pat. Looking towards the ship the captain had a good lead on him but Ajax started after, The captain reached the ship and dispatched the undead that was there. Opening the door he started pulling supplies and even talking. Looking to one side there was a group of the undead there closing in on the ship. "We need to move a bit faster." He said taking the second rifle from the captain and slinging it over his shoulder, before drawing his sword and disposing of the undead as they closed in.

In the distance as he dropped the last of the front of the group he heard someone calling to them, The captain specifically. Moving closer to him Ajax noticed he was carrying the girl from before, The that had saved them. Waving them closer he killed the undead that had blocked their path.

RaysofDarkness

McGirthy

Mikethepunkguy85

NAUGHTY DISTRACTION

SenorSaphire

riku6694

Loyal Poster

User Image
User Image

Hannah Wrenly

Hannah did as he told her and tried to stay awake. But her eyes on the hand pretended to be butterflies and fluttered shut. She began to have a nightmare.

Hannah ran down a road during the rain. She didn't know how she knew it, but she instinctively knew that she was eleven. She slid on the mud and turned around. The infected were so close to her, she swore if they breathed she would be able to smell it. She slipped around until she got back up on her feet and continued running down the road and into a building. She didn't stop before hitting the building, she literally ran into it.
Hannah let out a whimper of sorts then opened a door, slamming it shut behind her. "They are behind me. We gotta go!" She said to the three people in the room. One was a boy four years older than her, a woman much older than them whom was supposedly the boys mom, and some random Mexican who only liked being called, "The Mexican Guy". Nobody had real time to react before the poundings on the building started. Hannah stumbled over to the boy and clung to him.
The woman pulled out a few knives and handed those to the kids. "The Mexican Guy" and the woman pulled pistols from their belts. The little boy hadn't shown fear yet, but he was slowly loosing his composure when he got the hint that they were supposed to leave the adults. The woman grabbed their shoulders. "Get away from here. We will hold them off. I promise we will try to be right behind you. If we don't... If we don't make it never change who you are. Become stronger. Never weaker." Hannah tried to grab onto the woman but she was pushing her and the boy outside. That was the last time she would see those two alive. The next time Hannah saw them was when they were torn apart in the shed, making her the hard rock she needed to be besides for the boy. The boy was the only one she would be open with for a very very long time.

This time it was further in the future. Hannah remembers the boys name in this memory. His name is Jax. Jax and Hannah had done as asked, grown stronger. Except in two different ways... Hannah learned the meaning of what her mother tried to teach her as a child, that sometimes men and boys were bad in this world. After Hannah turned fifteen, Jax had started to violate her. Mentally and physically. He said it helped him stay strong for them both, but it was a lie. That's how he was stronger than her through muscles.
Hannah on the other hand became their strategist and supply hunter. She knew the ins and outs of where and when the undead would usually be after studying them. This day in particular Jax decided to tag along. A fatal mistake. For Jax at least. And for Hannah's peace of mind.
The two were joking around like usual. The occasional shove and teasing each other. You know, how kids in 2013 acted before twerking and duck face became their new way to flirt. Jax decided to take over and took a wrong turn. Hannah tried to stop him, but independence was strong in this one. Hannah tried to grasp at her own mentality and stop the memory from continuing, but failed to do so.
Jax saw a horde of what was supposed to be stragglers. Supposed to be being key there. In reality, he never knew the difference between a straggler and the runners. That's why when they started to run, he didn't scale the wall like Hannah did to get away. He stayed to fight. Which got him torn apart, consumed, and left as another pile of bones on the cement. Hannah scooted away from the edge, holding her mouth so she wouldn't puke. From there on, the world was different for Hannah. In more ways than one.

User Image
Silver ~ Archer

User Image

User Image

Silver ran towards the warehouse store. He hope that there was some supplies available that he can make use and hopefully there weren't any undead that was in the store. Most of them should have gone after whatever disturbances that was being in the city. A metal object had fallen from the sky and so that would have awaken most of the undead from their slumber and towards the source. Of course Silver knew that not all of them would have travel that way. There were some stranglers along the way. So he still need to be careful.

As he enter into the the warehouse store, he got a strong whiff of the smell of the undead. He had gotten use to that smell for he has been living in the world infest with the smell. But the smell was very strong here in the dead. He had removed the hoodie from his head and unveiling his semi-long silver hair. His yellow eyes look around the store. There was much supply here but the undead occupies this space and so it is impossible to get the material from here.

Silver slowly walk through as he walked down the aile. Flashlight ready in his hand he walked through until he came about some steelwire that he thought he can use. He immediately began to stuff the material into his bag well slowly observing that no zombies would get the advantage of creeping over him. As he packed, he suddenly heard a loud roar echo through the store as well as foot stomps that that shook the store. Silver stopped what he was doing and closed his bag and toss over his back. He walked out towards the front where he was just was able to see a girl run through the streets and a huge zombie chasing after all. It was definitely the Tyrant.

Silver had seen those already and he knew that he has nothing in his inventory that can stand a chance against. But as Silver was distracted from looking at the monster ran through the streets, he fail to notice that one of the crawlers had slowly crept behind him and progessively move his way towards him. Once Silver turn around he notice that the crawler was just a few feet away from him. The crawler noticing that he has been notice by his prey suddenly took into the air and came down upon Silver to pounce on him with Silver cursing himself for not paying attention to his surrounding. Silver fell down on the floor with the undead on top of him trying to bite him while Silver try to push the undead away from him with his hands trying not to get bitten.

Silver clench his fist clicking something that was on his palm of both his hands and spear shaped knife shot out of both of his hands and both blades pierce right into the skull of the undead instantly killing it. Silver then pushed the lifeless body off him and quickly got up. Silver looked up and saw two more undead crawling from their spots. Silver look at the two before he began running towards the window. As he made his movements that other two soon followed right after him.

Silver pulled his brown hoodies over his head to conceal his face again and jumped towards the window breaking right through it. Silver rolled on the ground before he stopped himself and got himself into a shooter position. Silver had drawn his bow and arrow out and has already loaded his bow with an arrow. The first undead came out and Silver fired the first shot hitting the undead in the head and then quickly he loaded the next arrow and fired again into the other undead. Both of them fell to the ground and became lifeless.

Silver quickly ran over to the zombie. He pulled out his hidden blades again and cut the head of from the bodies and took the arrow that he shot them with back for reuse. He then looked over in the direction of where all the moaning were coming from. Something wasn;t right. This behavior. They will not have this behavior unless there was food out there. He needs to know what is going.

Silver pulled out two small retractable hook blades from underneath his wrist and he ran towards a building. He jumped towards the wall and using his hook blade he hooked himself to the wall. Then using his hook blade he scaled the building upwards until he was on the roof. Silver took out a cylinder shape object which was a telescope. He extend it out and look from the distance where the park. They were survivors there. But there was some individuals there that seem very different. Their clothes look fresh and not barren or dirty. Just who were those people.

He was curious and he needed to know. So Silver began to make plans to get himself over there and figure out what was going on and who those people are.

Friendly Conversationalist

6,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Chris Senz

User Image

"I'm here to help..."

It took him a moment to fully recognize the foe he was up against. These things were hardwired to kill anything that wasn't infected. They were all empty husks of what used to be a civilization. He was from off the planet, these things were on this surface were there long before he was ever born. And they wouldn't stop until he was one of them, a rotting, disheveled piece of meat that moves towards its next source of food.

He snapped out of his poorly timed, existential crisis and followed the captain's orders, pushing his with the captain to the fire escape. He got a flight up when he realized something. "They can't climb! They only know how to bite, scratch and shamble, but they can't do much more than that!" He hoped his words went to good use, as it was his first realization about this mutual enemy.

"...but I don't know how to. Yet."

SenorSaphire
OOC: I have no idea what's going right now. I keep getting through a post and then entirely forgetting the last one I read D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff