Welcome to Gaia! ::

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

T I M E XX W I L L XX N E V E R XX F O R G E T XX XX N E V E R XX L E T XX G O XX XX O F XX T H E XX T R U T H XX Y O U XX H I D E ↘↘
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxKEEP TELLING ALL YOUR LIESxxxxxKEEP TELLING ALL YOUR LIESxxxxxKEEP TELLING ALL YOUR LIES
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTIME WILL TELL THE TRUTHxxxxxTIME WILL TELL THE TRUTHxxxxxTIME WILL TELL THE TRUTH
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF )

HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE DRA-GONS DANCE! A ORIGINAL ROLEPLAY CREATED BY ME, NOBLE - - OBLIVION!
                                        THIS ROLE PLAY IS AN IDEA I'VE HAVE FOR A WHILE NOW BUT I COULD NEVER FIND THE RIGHT WORDS WHEN
                                        EVER I TRIED TO MAKE IT BUT AS YOU CAN SEE, I EVENTUALLY FOUND THE RIGHT WORDS AND NOW I WOULD
                                        LIKE TO WELCOME YOU TO THE ROLE PLAY. IT IS A FANTASY ROLEPLAY BASED HEAVILY ON MAGIC, WHICH YOU'LL
                                        DISCOVER IN THE ROLEPLAY. IT IS A ADVENTURE ROLEPLAY ABOUT HUMANS WHO ARE AT WAR WITH MAGICALLY
                                        ENGINEERED MONSTERS THAT CAUSE HAVOC ALL THROUGH THE WORLD AND A SPECIAL BRANCH OF HUMANS
                                        WHO WERE CREATED TO STOP THEM. THERE WILL BE ADVENTURE, BETRAYAL, AND A WHOLE LOT OF ACTION.
                                        WILL YOU BECOME THE PROTECTOR THE WORLD NEEDS? WELCOME TO THE DRA-GONS DANCE!

x - x created by: noble - - OBLIVION
                                                    x - x coding by: noble - - OBLIVION
                                                    x - x genre: fantasy, adventure, action, romance, betryal
                                                    x - x literacy: literate
                                                    x - x under construction - accepting
                                                    x - x links: OOC

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

T I M E XX W I L L XX N E V E R XX F O R G E T XX XX N E V E R XX L E T XX G O XX XX O F XX T H E XX T R U T H XX Y O U XX H I D E ↘↘
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxKEEP TELLING ALL YOUR LIESxxxxxKEEP TELLING ALL YOUR LIESxxxxxKEEP TELLING ALL YOUR LIES
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTIME WILL TELL THE TRUTHxxxxxTIME WILL TELL THE TRUTHxxxxxTIME WILL TELL THE TRUTH
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF )

nobleobl▬▬ ♕ ▬ STORY

• More than 1700 years ago, the continent of Nelaci was invaded by the “Belorite”; magically engineered creatures that nearly drained the world of magic and conquered humanity. In the ensuing Great Belorite War, the Belorite almost destroyed the world. It wasn’t until seven brave warriors of light, who all possessed the same calamitous magic as the Belorite, came together and stood against the Belorite did the war end.

However, even these brave warriors were unable to defeat the Belorite for good. To rid the world of the Belorite, the seven warriors of light sacrificed themselves to create the Seven Seals; which were used to seal the Belorite in a never ending slumber.

Eventually, humanity would learn the truth behind the origin of the Belorite. They were engineered long ago as weapons of war by their ancestors, but had become unstable and unpredictable and in time turned against their creators, the “Architects”, and almost destroyed the very world. However, just like before, the Architects succeeded in defeating the Belorite by deactivating the Belorite’s core, their very hearts, and sealing them in a secluded sanctum faraway from the yearning of humanity.

But the Belorite did not remain hidden in their concealed sanctum. Curious humans discovered them and with the help of forbidden and unpredictable magic awakened them and unleashed them onto the world once more. And thus began the Great Belorite War 1700 years ago.

That was a little more than 1700 years ago and humanity had all but forgotten the threat of the Belorite and of the seven brave warriors. But in the year, 1731 A.I. (After Invasion), the First Seal of Light was destroyed and the Belorite were unleashed upon the world once more and humanity was forced to wage war against the Belorite. One wanting to protect the remaining Six Seals of Light and the other wanting to destroy them.

In the beginning of the Second Great Belorite War, humanity was on the verge of extinction. The Belorite were large in number and although weakened, proved more than capable of defeating the humans. It wasn’t until the lost Sanctum from before the first war was rediscovered did humanity learn the secret to the Belorite’s magic. By infusing an intact Belorite core into a human, the human would attain the very same magic as the Belorite. The raw magic of the cores twisted a human’s very heart and soul and mutated them into human Belorite, which humanity used against the Belorite, turning the tide of the war in their favor.

The Slayers, as they are now called, have protected humanity from extinction, but were unable to retain all the remaining Six Seals. The Second Seal has been destroyed by the Belorite and humanity learned that with which each broken the Belorite grow in strength. In an attempt to preserve the remaining Five Seals of Light, the monarchs of Nelaci constructed five awe-inspiring cities around the seals.

The year is 1914 A.I, a little over a hundred years since the construction of the five cities. The Slayers have protected the people and the Five Seals of Light against the Belorite, however, things have now changed. Rumors have spread that the Belorite have destroyed the city of Galie, along with its seal and in those rumors it is said that the Belorite were led by men who somehow commanded the Belorite. To learn the truth behind these rumors, the Queen of Breveil established an elite team of Slayers to send out into the Badlands and to Galie to learn what has happened to the city and learn more of the individuals who command the Belorite.

Welcome to the world of Nelaci, the land of the Belorite.

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

nobleobl▬▬ ♕ ▬ RULES

♔ ❝ G-GAIA TOS ↘ ↘

( • ) We all know them, if you don't I suggest reading them and then come back.
                                                  ( • ) Be realistic. You can't walk away from several stab wounds, so why should your character?
                                                  ( • ) Have respect for your fellow roleplayers and you will get respect back.
                                                  ( • ) DO NOT GOD MOD! No one likes it when you do it, so don't do it.
                                                  ( • ) Romance and Action are welcomed and actually encouraged.
                                                  ( • ) If you plan on joining and making a character don't ditch out. It kills a roleplay.
                                                  ( • ) Have fun and be nice and I promise you a fun roleplay with plenty of twist.
                                                  ( • ) Send all reservations titled "death of a slayer"

♔ ❝ L-LITERACY ↘ ↘

( • ) This is an advanced literate roleplay that believes in quality over quantity.
                                                  ( • ) Even though it says advanced literate that doesn't mean you have to give me over a thousand words per post.
                                                  ( • ) Grammar and spelling should be your top priority but I understand mistakes, trust me I have them.
                                                  ( • ) Posts should be long enough to give others enough to work with and to progress the plot.
                                                  ( • ) There is no word minimum or maximum, feel free to post as much as you want.

♔ ❝ C-CHARACTERS ↘ ↘

( • ) All character must be Original! No mary-Sues or Gary Sues! Anime Pics Only.
                                                  ( • ) I don't want to see any over powerful characters unless they have a reason to be.
                                                  ( • ) Your allowed to have as many characters as you can handle, but I expect you to post with them all.
                                                  ( • ) DO NOT create a character then only use them once. If you don't want them any longer then kill them off.
                                                  ( • ) Before you ask, no you can not be a Belorite, they are mindless monsters.
                                                  ( • ) Magic is allowed but if your a regular human you can't defeat a Slayer.

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

nobleobl▬▬ ♕ ▬ THE WORLD

• Coming Soon.

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

nobleobl▬▬ ♕ ▬ THE INFO

• ♔ ❝ THE SLA-YERS ↘ ↘

The exact process in creating a Slayer had been lost to humanity ever since the sacrifice of the Seven Warriors, until humanity discovered how to create them once more. By using the power of Lost Magic, a Belorite Core will be bound to a humans soul and then will replace the humans heart, binding them and turning them into a new breed of Belorite. A human who has had a Belorite Core inserted into them will undergo Transcendence; an unpleasant and agonizing process that test the humans physically, mentally and emotionally. Those who have transcended are forever changed and become Slayers, while those who fail either die or become a Belorite themselves. A human must be trained in order to become a Slayer. Only one in ten humans survive the transcendence. A humans body and mind are unable to handle the overwhelming magic of a Belorte Core and many die before ever reaching transcendence and some give into the taint and become a Belorite. To become stronger a Slayer will harvest the core of a Belorite and merge the core with their own core, amplifying their own strength and magic. Slayers tend to travel alone as it is uncommon for more than two Slayers to travel together. All Slayers have Magic Sensing, an ability that allows them to sense magic, however, the Belorite possess the same ability, but the Slayers have the ability to conceal their own magic, making them practically invisible to the Belorite's own Magic Sensing. Due to the dangerous and vicious process of making a Slayer, the leaders of the cities have outlawed that no Slayer may create another Slayer under any circumstances and Slayers who were not created by the leaders must be condemned to death.

The Arisen are the seven Slayers who were chosen by the Queen of Breviel to travel across the Badlans to Galie to learn more about its destruction and the rumor about the men and women who are able to command the Belorite, as well as to travel to the remaining cities to warn them of whatever they might discover. The seven Slayers were chosen based on their ability and rank. They are the best in all of Breviel and are renown all through the city.

The Fallen are the seven Fallen Slayers who are responsible for the destruction of Galie. They, like most people who come from the Badlands, despised the Five Cities and the Slayers for abandoning them to defend themselves against the Belorite all those years ago. They want nothing more than to destroy the remaining Four Cities and the Four Seals. They all possess the ability to command the Belorite and are led by a man known as the Keeper.

♔ ❝ THE BEL-ORITE ↘ ↘

The Belorite are magically engineered creatures who were designed to be used as weapons in war. However, the Belorite were not always so. The Belorite were once their own race. They were referred to as the Magija or the creatures of magic due to the excessive amount of magic they possessed, but that all changed when humanity secretly began to experiment on them by using magic to turn them into weapons of war. One by one the Magija were turned into the Belorite until eventually the Magija were no more and only the Belorite remained. But humanity didn't completely understand the magic they had used to create the Belorite and to control them. Eventually they lost control of the Belorite who in turn lashed out against their masters. The Belorite began to consume the magic of the world and in order to stop them, the engineers, the men and women who created the Belorite, gave their lives to seal away the Belorite and created the Seven Seals to restore the balance of the world. All Belorite are dissimilar in appearance and in power. However, there are Belorite who can have the same appearance as another, these are typically low level Belorite who have yet to evolve. Belorite, much like Slayers, will kill and devour the cores of weaker Belorite so that they can become stronger. However, unlike Slayers, Belorite evolve and take on new appearances and gain new abilities, as well as becoming more powerful. All Belorite are classed depending on how powerful they are and they are all as followed.

S-Class Belorite are the strongest and most powerful Belorite and are nearly impossible to kill. There have been to date only three S-Class Belorite to have been recorded in the Slayer records and currently they have yet to be destroyed. No S-Class Belorite have the same appearance or the same power.

A-Class Belorite are the second strongest Belorite and are considerably strong to kill, but not near as impossible as an S-Class Belorite. Just like S-Class Belorite, A-Class Belorite consider to travel alone. There have only been a few rare occurrences where more than one A-Class Belorite have traveled together.

B-Class Belorite are the third strongest Belorite and are weaker than there S or A-Class counterparts. They tend to travel in groups of two or three, knowing they are more powerful in numbers. There have been a few B-Class Belorite who take on the same appearance and they are usually those who travel together.

C-Class and D-Class Belorite are the fourth and fifth strongest Belorite. They populate most of the Badlands. These are the Belorite a Slayer is bound to encounter while out in the Badlands. Most Slayers will end up killing a C-Class or D-Class Belorite as their first kill.

E-Class Belorite are the weakest Belorite and the easiest Belorite to kill. They tend to hunt in packs of twenty or more and tend to hide from those who are stronger than they are. However, they will attack a Slayer or Belorite who are more powerful than they are on rare occasions. Most E-Class Belorite have the same appearance.

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

nobleobl▬▬ ♕ ▬ THE ARISEN

• noble⊰THE SLAYER OF HUMILITY ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ JEIR LAWL
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝A wolf in sheep's clothing.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ POSITIVE TRAIT xx✩ ▌NEGATIVE TRAITxx✩ ▌ POSITIVE TRAIT xx✩ ▌ NEGATIVE TRAIT

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. twenty nine
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. captain
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. creation

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▬▬ the sum of the past
                                                                            Jeir was born in the Badlands to a poor family who never had much of anything. Just like all those who lived outside the cities, Jeir was raised to hate the people in the cities and the Slayers who abandoned them. He was a part of a moving caravan. A tribe of people who never stayed in one place for long. It was bad to stay in one place for to long out in the Badlands. The risk of being attacked by the Belorite was to high to remain somewhere for to long and so Jeir never truly had a home he could call his own. That was all he ever wanted as a child, a place to call home and to never have to fear that the Belorite would come and take it all away.

When Jeir was nine, he was separated from the caravan. While out on his own he discovered a strange red gem, but it was unlike any sort of gem he had ever seen before, not that he had seen many before. Even so, he knew something was odd about the gem. He took the gem and was eventually discovered by the caravan before it got dark. That night the caravan was attacked by powerful Belorite who could sense the magic coming from the gem. They slaughtered everyone in the caravan but Jeir survived. He doesn't remember what happened that night, all he remembers is excruciating pain and waking up to find all those he loved dead and the Belorite dead with their hearts removed. After that he wandered the Badlands alone for seven years. By then he had discovered he had become a Slayer and the gem wasn't a gem at all, but the core of a Belorite and it was him to killed those Belorite at the camp. He wandered for two years, killing Belorite and being ashamed of who he was. No other caravan would take him because he was a Slayer and eventually he stopped asking altogether, until an old man found him.

The old man was a Slayer, but he belonged to one of the cities. He found Jeir and saw that he was special. Jeir told him what had happened to him all those years ago and the old man took him in and raised him as his own son. The Queen of Breviel accepted Jeir into the city as a favor to the old Slayer. After a while Jeir made a name for himself and eventually joined the elite ranks of the Queen's Slayers, only being sent out into the Badlands if they had no other choice.

➮ open | reserved | taken - noble - - OBLIVION

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF KINDNESS❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ CHARACTER NAME
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝Quote.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ POSITIVE TRAIT xx✩ ▌NEGATIVE TRAITxx✩ ▌ POSITIVE TRAIT xx✩ ▌ NEGATIVE TRAIT

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. age
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. second in command
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. twilikinesis

Blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp.

open | reserved | taken

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF PATIENCE ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ GAIL ENGLA TIGHE
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝Only the dead see the end of war.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ FOCUSED xx✩ ▌ SHORT-TEMPERED xx✩ ▌ KNOWLEDGEABLE xx✩ ▌ HARSH

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. 28
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. tracker
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. geokinesis

Part of the noble family of Tighes, the daughter of a Duke, Gail was threatened with a life at the convent. She was to become an amiable young lady, or a healer, or a priestess if she so chose. She wanted to be none of these things. She wanted only to be a warrior. Her parents refused to let her run off and go into training. While females were allowed, there were few of them, for the life was hard and gritty. And as a noblewoman, it was looked down upon for her to throw away service to her family. So Gail made a deal. She would marry a lord at the age of eighteen when she became a full-fledged knight if they let her go into the training.

So the Tighes set up a match. Gail didn't fight the arrangement. She was just happy that she was going to be a soldier and actually do something useful. At age twelve, eighteen seemed a long ways off. But time crept slowly forward. Coincidentally, Gail's match was also in school to become a knight. He was three years older than she, so they hardly spent any time together, but when they did, they both made it clear to each other that they were only agreeing to this for their own ends, and they came to the mutual understanding that their marriage was just that - marriage. They were both free to do what they wanted, as long as there was one heir sometime in the future.

So they married at the same time that Gail graduated. They "settled" into their home, getting a feel for running a fief. The young couple received their own, being in such high favor: Fief Yarao. But after one year, Gail and her new husband came to an agreement. He wanted to stay and run the fief. She wanted to be away doing "more important things" as she put it. So while they remained married and in contact, Gail was hardly ever at Yarao. She was off hunting animals and bandits, sometimes working on her own and sometimes working with the law. She always had a sense of honor, and the code of law has always been the code to her life.

It wasn't until two years ago that the opportunity arose to become a Slayer. She did not consult her husband before taking it. She was too determined. It occurred to her that with this new power, she would be more able to protect and serve the people of the realm, and that was all that Gail wanted in life. Her husband was not happy at all, but Gail doesn't believe it's his concern at all. She has more important things to do than worry about him.

➮ open | reserved | taken by Avioke

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF DILIGENCE ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ BRISHEN HOLLOWAY
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝If we don't end war, war will end us.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ Intelligent xx✩ ▌Impatientxx✩ ▌ Understandingxx✩ ▌ Manipulative

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. 23 years old
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. Weapons Expert
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. Weapon Manipulation

Brishen Holloway. Sone to Alchemidies and Rowan Holloway. Alchemidies was the only son of an entrepreneurial pharmacist and on one of his many trips to the forest outside the wall he met Rowan. She was one of the many daughters of a farmer that lived just beyond the walls of the city. No more than three months after they had met Rowan's family was attacked by Belorite. Only she, her younger brother, and her severely injured mother survived the initial attack. Alchemidies father took them in in order to heal them. The mother only lasted a few weeks before gangrene set in and she died of blood poisoning. Rowan apprenticed with Alchemidies father to pay for rent and food. Her younger brother became mute after the attack and was unable to do more than the most basic of things.

Two years later Rowan agreed to marry Alchemidies and they started their own shop. A small healing practice. Three children later Brishen was born. He was smaller and quieter than his siblings. Since he couldn't keep up with his siblings in more physical aspects he turned to reading. Weapons were his favourite topic to read about. By the time he was ten Brishen could wield a sword as well as any of the soldiers. When he was twelve he could craft weapons just by looking at a picture of them. His parents swore that he had magic but they couldn't prove it.

When Brishen was 16 he entered the ranks of the Queens guard. He was chosen to have the Belorite core replace his heart. As he was still skinnier and slower than the rest he didn't see why he shouldn't take the chance to be better than anyone else. He doesn't remember much from the experiment other than immense pain, blood, and the feeling of being engulfed in flames. When he "woke up" he found himself at the edge of the wall. A quick glance in a puddle made it clear that he had survived the experiment after all. His eyes had changed color to a fiery orange-red.

His lonesome status hardly fazed him as he wandered the forest for a month before coming upon a Belorite. On instinct now he called weapons seemingly from non-existence to slay the beast. From then on he has paid little attention to humanity. His mission is to protect the Queen from harm the best way he knows how. This means killing any Belorite he comes across. He lives in the burnt out shell that was his Grandparents farm house, unknowingly of course, and avoids outside contact the best he can.

open | reserved | taken - echochick

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF CHARITY ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ XHEVAHIRE LJENA AGIM-VALDETA
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝There are these amazing little seeds called compassion. You should grow some. - Richelle E. Goodriche, Smile Aniway
                                    noble✩ ▌ GENEROUS xx✩ ▌CALM-TEMPEREDxx✩ ▌ MOTHERLY xx✩ ▌ MYSTERIOUS

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. twenty-six.
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. belorite specialist.
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. psionics.

Accident. That was the kind of birth Xhevahire was; never meant to be but occurred. Her mother, Drita Agim, was a lowly peasant girl with a pretty face, naive, and honestly a hopeless romantic. It came to no surprise to Drita's family that the woman was easily swayed by a handsome, magic scholar Xhemail Valdeta who left her once it was realized that Drita was with child. Yet even with such a daunting condition of becoming a single mother, having to not only work now for herself but for a new body the woman stayed positive. Even if her child was a mistake of her own naivety, the child was not at fault and thus Xhevahire Ljena came into the world to be embraced in the arms of a loving and doting mother.

Despite living meagerly, Drita worked best for her daughter, providing a home, food and even her thirst for knowledge. Even with Drita's family turning their backs on them, the two lived blissfully, though it was evident that Xhevahire seemed level-headed and the two cared for one another, never letting the other feel distance. This warmth between Drita and Xhevahire would be short lived for the mother began showing signs of illness when Xhevahire was six. No doctor could decipher the ailment that plagued Drita and in less than a year, Drita had become bed-ridden; sometime before Xhevahire's seventh birthday she passed away. As Drita's family did not acknowledge them, Xhevahire was left orphaned for almost a year, doing small end jobs in the farming lands to live by that is until word came that her estranged father searched for her.

When Xhemail looked at her with pity, Xhevahire knew the man felt some kind of remorse and with a few words passed she traveled to his home where her status of orphan vanished. Impressed by his child's thirst for knowledge, Xhemail gave her opportunities to learn which she never took for granted. The father even immersed her into his research and knowledge of the Belorite, explaining the process of Lost Magic and the cores that would create Slayers. This was the life of Xhevahire now, and despite her father's slight distance, the young girl kept her mother's memory of warmth at heart and showed it willingly to all. Over fifteen years passed before the Queen approached her father in request that Xhevahire undergo Transcendence which was accepted. Xhevahire already knew how painful the transformation was but putting her expertise to practice allowed her to transform much quicker than the average candidate.

It has now been three years since then and Xhevahire seems quite aware of he surroundings. The gift bestowed upon her, psionics seems disturbing and fascinating and slowly she has learned the capabilities of her power, telekinesis and telepathy being her strongest suits. As a Slayer she began traveling, trying to gather information on the Belorite and when word came to her on the attack of Galei and was requested by the Queen to search the Ruins, she willingly abide. In her mind Xhevahire wants to know the cause of this destruction and how she may stop it, for the deaths of people is not something she cannot tolerate.

➮ open | reserved | taken - Mistress_Aka_Niiro

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF TEMPERANCE ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ Remi Shard
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝We all perceive the world in our own way, it's how you use that knowledge that defines you.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌AMIABLExx✩ ▌BRASHxx✩ ▌ INTELLIGENT xx✩ ▌ HIGH STRUNG

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. Twenty-six
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. sorcerer
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. mysticism

Growing up privileged within the city of Breviel, magic is the talk of the town. Remi had been fascinated by magic since he first was introduced to the concept. The very ability to summon and control the unseen had him enthralled. As a child it diffused through his every day life, playing sorcerer, pretending things magically happened even if it was by the grace of his parents hand. It was his life even if the energies didn't come to his call in childhood.

That didn't stop his curiosity. As he grew he insisted on learning more, getting his hands on every bit of information, whether it was by book or picking an experts brain. He absorbed it all to the point of obsession. He eventually got into one of the Queens Order of Magic and continued to learn all he could. If he couldn't wield it he would research everything. Be one of the supporting individuals that helped his beloved city progress in the future uses of magic. And in this he discovered that there were quite a few different branches of sorcery, mysticism was the most appealing. The concept of finding power within ones soul just struck a resounding chord. Having been looking for an outward source and using it to his advantage only proved to be out of his reach. It never occurred to him that he might be able to find it within. With a reinvigorated desire to find a source that worked for him, he scoured books and instructors alike. His aptitude for magic was sparked and he was finally able to manipulate the weave to his desires.It was slow at first but he put all his focus into practice and yet there was still so much to learn form the studying the old treasures.

He could research for hours and hoped to discover new uses for the relics of the past. He might even get his chance to study a Belorite Core. But like any student that wasn't going to come along any time soon and studies wore on him. He soon found excitement in sneaking about the halls where the artifacts he longed to pour over were kept. He had a knack for getting around the Order without being noticed and found his way into a room that had been rumored to hold a core. He just couldn't resist. He had had no intention of touching it, just a quick look was all. Completely harmless. And he did just that, the piece was beautiful beyond words. He had been drawn in by the power that emanated from within, leaning close to get a better look. Until someone called out, something about not being allowed with in the room, he couldn't remember after he jumped half-way out of his skin and catching the table with a panicked hand. Little did he know that it was going to land right on the core causing it to react to his touch. He was promptly taken from the hall and berated for his trespassing.

Though an air of awe spread through the powers at be to find out that the core had behaved as it did when in contact with the boy. Through a long heated discussion the decision was made that the boy should be allowed the chance of transcendence, most were sure that Remi wasn't going to survive and would be no real loss if the ritual took his life. He wasn't so much asked but was told it he would go through the ritual. Agony, that's what he remembered best and for some god's forsaken reason he was awake the entire time or at least until it was all over and soothing darkness came. And he quickly found out that he was held to high standards after his mishap.

➮ open | reserved | taken - Shrell Senry

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF CHASTITY ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ NERIA SINGH
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝Heaven lent you a soul, Earth will lend a grave.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ Kind xx✩ ▌Flirtatious xx✩ ▌ Honest xx✩ ▌ Impulsive

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. Twenty
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. Rookie
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. Angelic Physiology

When Neria was born her mother said that the sun shone down on her. She grew up inside the comfort of the wall, never having to worry about anything. Until, of course, complications happened while her mother was having her second child. The doctors managed to save Neria's mother but failed to keep her infant brother alive. Her parents, warned to not try for another child, turned all of their attentions to Neria. This also meant that Neria was under a lot of pressure to hold up her parent's hopes and dreams which would have been focused more on her younger brother if he had survived.

When she turned 18, instead of getting married like her mother wished, she joined the military as was tradition in her family. Typically it was the males who joined but since she was the only child she felt it was her duty to carry out this tradition. Since she lacked the muscle, skill, and overall stamina that many of the other soldiers had she was put up for the experimental change to a Slayer. Her parents were so proud that she had been chosen that once she understood the idea of the procedure she felt as though it would be impossible for her to back out. Thankfully she blacked out during the procedure and has no memory of it. When she woke she went through the excruciating process of growing wings. To this day she will swear that the most sickening feeling was having her bones move around inside her to make room for her wings. Though she got used to them quickly.

➮ open | reserved | taken - echochick

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

nobleobl▬▬ ♕ ▬ THE FALLEN

• noble⊰THE SLAYER OF PRIDE ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ MERRICK FENN
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝I've discovered that hate generally costs a man more than he can afford.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ LAID-BACK xx✩ ▌ARROGANTxx✩ ▌ ADAPTABLE xx✩ ▌ SLY

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. twenty-nine
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. overseer
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. persuasion

The Badlands were aptly named. It was a constant struggle to take the next step, all the while realizing the ground covered was futile. These wastelands were what Merrick knew of as home. She had not been a planned child and her existence brought about dissent between the couple that had chosen to band together for a better chance at survival. The pair were at each other's throats constantly and yet, some vague sense of responsibility trapped them to their child. Having grown up with bickering and desperate fights for survival, Merrick did not truly comprehend her lot in life. She was happy. As happy as one could possible be, anyway. Life was constant. Nothing really changed all that much day to day. That is, until her father claimed that he was going to journey to one of the grand, protected cities that still existed. Having never heard of these marvelous places before, one might understand that Merrick was quite interested. She decided to accompany her father while her mother cursed them as they left.

It took a great deal of time and effort but eventually, they found one of the grand cities. A switched flipped within her the moment she laid eyes upon it. She wanted it and it would be hers. Upon approaching the gates, they were turned away. Merrick had suspected this would be the case but her father didn't take it so well. He lost it; raging and screaming and demanding. She turned her back on him then, began the long road back to the Badlands. Not once did she look back, even when a gurgling cry resounded in the air. There were more important things to think of.

Upon returning to the place of her birth, she encountered a strange being. He breathed sibilant whispers, promising revenge, riches, anything at all. Merrick was not impressed and begged him to spit out what he wanted. After being informed of the cold hard facts, she was intrigued. Why not risk her life when the reward would help her achieve her goals? She accepted and was one of the few to survive the procedure. When she awoke she felt... whole. All was as it should be. She would serve this Keeper so long as their goals coincided and for the time being, they did. Her abilities gave her power over the weak minded and brought life to the lifeless. Merrick wasted no time in putting it to good use, raising hate-blinded supporters all across the Badlands. She would organize these broken people and give them purpose and her fellow Slayers would lead them forth as living symbols of their triumph. There would be no hope for their enemies.

➮ open | reserved | taken - The White Gyrfalcon

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF ENVY ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ KAINE DESCAR
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝ A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows. ❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ TACTICAL xx✩ ▌REBELLIOUS xx✩ ▌HARDY xx✩ ▌ IMPULSIVE

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. Twenty-Six
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. lieutenant
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. pyrokinesis

Fear was a constant meal in the hearts of those who lived in the Badlands. It was the crack of hard bread, the cold slime of old food, the hushed sobs in the darkest of nights when Belorite prowled about undeterred. A quiet child with eyes too big for his soul, Kaine had witnessed all of this in his youth, every breath wrapped tightly in the chest just to make it to the next day. Traveling with a small nomadic band of survivors, they risked their very existence to deliver goods for others. They kept no worldly possessions, all to give them to others throughout the Badlands.

Survival was what built the bones Kaine stood on, but they did not save him from being kidnapped. Stolen away from his only family by an ambitious group bent on one outcome. They would be paid handsomely if they could deliver a worthy body to the cause. The cause of the Keeper. A collection of 20 children that turned into a contest, though Kaine would never know if this was directly ordered of the Keeper, or a contest of the kidnappers' own design. The last to survive would be the one offered to the glory of the Keeper, to transcend above it all and be blessed with power that could stop the Belorite. So survive Kaine did.

Years of starvation, fighting, backstabbing and torture, and Kaine walked out on top. He had delved into the deepest pits of the human soul, discovered what every heart would do in the name of survival. He was given to the Keeper and easily accepted, his fusing with a Belorite core just another step in his fight to survive. It was invigorating, to find he had been given the ability to burn it all, take away all the things that he had never had. They had taken it all away from him, it was only fair to return the favor.

➮ open | reserved | taken - PerceivedInnocuous

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF WRATH ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ SÉAMUS ALAOIS DUBHSHLÁINE
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not? - J. R. Ward, Lover Avenged
                                    noble✩ ▌ CONFIDENT xx✩ ▌DANGEROUSxx✩ ▌ CHARMING xx✩ ▌ TEMPERAMENTAL

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. twenty-eight.
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. hunter
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. biomorphing

Séamus had recently turned seventeen when he underwent Transcendence, surviving the transformation and gaining the bio-morphing ability. That was over ten years ago when he met the man known as The Keeper. A native born of the Badlands to parents Sorcha and Raghnall, at least those are the names he vaguely remembers those of his brothers and sisters have been long forgotten. From the memories, Séamus knew his family were strict person's; both parent's hunters who taught the ways of bow and arrow, sword, and trapping with dignity. Any weakness shown by any of their children, Sorcha and Ragnall would reprimand it, Ragnall sometimes going as far as punching his sons so they learned; the boys learned to also 'beat' on their father it was the emotion of respect they had with one another.

It was due to being raised by hunters that allowed Séamus to understand the many creatures that roamed the land and it is because of this knowledge that came in handy once he gained the bio-morph ability, even the image of a Belorite remained that he is capable of transforming into that creature or any other human visage. How he gained this ability was due to the Keeper but the reasons were for the death bestowed upon his family. As being part of the Badlands, the people residing there were not protected by the grand cities and in fact left to fend for themselves and despite his family being strong hunters none were able to survive the Belorites strength. Séamus survived in part that he separated from the hunt, wanting to prove himself capable of defending himself for he had an eye on a young woman whom he wished to wed, she too perished.

It was hours after his small village laid in ruins that the Keeper approached him with a Belorite Core, and filled with anger and vengeance for his people, Séamus accepted and became the man he is today. Reckless, violent, quite a danger he's roamed around the Badlands as well as the borders of the grand cities and when it was time to release his pent-up frustration it came to no surprise that he was possibly one of the seven Fallen who caused most damage to Galei. Now he waits for the next signal, hopes to grab a hold of one of the Arisen just to kill them and prove to the Queen and those or Arcassia that the Fallen, those of the Badlands, are one group they should have never ignored.

➮ open | reserved | taken - Mistress_Aka_Niiro

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF SLOTH ❛ xxxxxxxxx  ♀
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ MERCY GRINSTEAD
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝Men become accustomed to poison by degrees.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ RESOURCEFUL xx✩ ▌TERSExx✩ ▌ OBSERVANT xx✩ ▌ APATHETIC

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. 27
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. weapon expert
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. weapon proficiency

Iver Grinstead was a machine. Put that man in front of a forge and he'd not rest until every fighter had a good piece of steel in their hands. From swords and spears to horseshoes and nails, whatever craft he was tasked with, he threw himself into it wholeheartedly. A blacksmith was an essential part of any community, but in the Badlands, Grinstead was invaluable. His wife Ada supported him through the many years of their marriage, keeping track of his supplies and earnings when she was not helping him at the forge itself. Mercy was their firstborn child. She was a quiet babe who grew into a quiet child, a whole six years older than her next sibling, eight years older than the twins who were born last.

Patterns emerged, and responsibilities were eventually formed. Her younger brother took after their mother and had a head for numbers, as well as a charming smile – a way with people Mercy never quite understood. The twins, a boy and girl, found themselves drawn to hammer and anvil, fire and steel. They followed their father closely at the smithy. Mercy, however, was never quite part of the process. She'd help her father test the blades and drive the nails, using the tools he forged instead of making them. Soon she was giving demonstrations on the superiority of her father's steel, helping sell his (comparatively) costly wares when cheap metal and crap weapons were in abundance. Everyone needed to survive...but a Grinstead gave you a better chance.

It seemed that money was always sorely needed, no matter how hard they worked. Her siblings had the family business well in hand, and Mercy, itching to leave home and seek a better lot and help her loved ones in the process, began a mercenary career. There were always people that needed protecting, and there were always scores to be settled. She didn't care so much for reasons as she did for cold, hard coin. After selling her sword to the highest bidder for years, Mercy finally came across the opportunity to become a Slayer – and what seems very likely to be her final client: the Keeper.

➮ open | reserved | taken - CATB320

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF GREED ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ CASPIAN LEV
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝A penny saved is a penny earned.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ POLITE xx✩ ▌ EGOCENTRICxx✩ ▌ FASTIDIOUS xx✩ ▌ INEXORABLE

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. thirty
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. alchemist
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. alchemy

Caspian grew up at the side of his ailing mother; frail as she was, she still managed to raise him until he could take care of her himself. As a young boy, he would find various knickknacks strewn across the barren land and, after shining them up a bit, he exchanged them for food. He does not remember a time where he had a full stomach and slept with both eyes closed, as both ideas were just a far away dream for a young boy in the Badlands. Caspian grew a heart of cold steel, caring for nobody except himself and his mother. When her passing became inevitable, all of his efforts went into making her last days as comfortable as possible. During this time, he nearly starved to death because he was so determined to give her good hospice.

Once his mother passed away, Caspian put away his knickknacks and took up a hobby that he thought could be truly profitable. Alchemy was not the most respected or admired career, but he saw the opportunities within it. He began to study under a man who specialized in turning scrap metal into bits of gold and other precious metals. The process was tedious and long, but Caspian eventually grew to master the art under his teacher and by his own independent study. However, he soon found a problem. Nobody would buy from him because of his callous exterior. Before long, he quickly found himself helpless and starving once more. With his career and well-being in mind, he began to change himself into a different man. A more delicate, polite man. When Caspian began to fall short on resources, he started to turn his basic elements into fools gold instead of the true metal to save resources and energy. Because of his polite, charming habits, his customers didn't know they were being conned until he had pocketed the currency.

One day, a man approached him. He said that he admired Caspian's willingness to change his whole person for the sake of his craft, but that he was lacking something. How can you hope to be a master alchemist without true power, he said. Caspian accepted his offer of "true power," and became a slayer - a decision that he does not dare regret for fear of childish weakness.

➮ open | reserved | taken - Magical Girl Kippy

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF GLUTTONY ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ CHARACTER NAME
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝Quote.❞

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. age
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. necromancer
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. dark arts

Blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp.

open | reserved | taken

noble⊰THE SLAYER OF LUST ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ JOZEFO DIERDE TARTAGLIA
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝I intend to live forever. So far, so good.❞
                                    noble✩ ▌ CHARISMATIC xx✩ ▌SELF-FOCUSED xx✩ ▌ CONFIDENT xx✩ ▌ IRRESPONSIBLE

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. 24
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. neophyte
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. demonic physiology

Why did Jozefo - known commonly as Jozi - exchange his heart for the heart of a demonic death-bringing species that killed at least ten people that he knew and burned down a few of his past villages? For the giggles, of course. For the power. For the experience. For the irony. Jozi lives for irony, for fun, for excitement and near-death experiences. When an opportunity presents itself, any type of opportunity, he almost always takes it. He took the opportunity to leave his small, low-class Badlands family behind him to go traveling as a bard. He took the opportunity to sell his little lute and buy a sword to be a mercenary. Then he downgraded to a beggar just because he wanted to know how much gold he'd make. Jozi is a very simple person on many accounts, but very complicated in others. His story is complex, but very little of it is important or meaningful. His family was never really right in the head, though, and they were all delighted that he turned out quite similar. Jozi has been an acrobat, a sailor, a thief, a bard, a mercenary, a blacksmiths apprentice, and herbalist, a hunter, a merchant, a shoemaker, a fletcher, a professional poop-scooper, a farm hand, a herder of many different types of animals, and also an aimless wanderer. One of the only things that he hasn't been is a soldier.

➮ open | reserved | taken - Avioke

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

nobleobl▬▬ ♕ ▬ THE BETWEEN

• noble⊰THE KEEPER ❛ xxxxxxxxx
                                    User Image
                                    nobleoblivi━━━ KEEPER SULTHER
                                    nobleoblivionnob❝The seals are a lie. Would you die for a lie?.❞

nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. old
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. a keeper of magic
                                    nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble██⋮◝♕. omni-magic

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User Image

nobleobl▬▬ ♕ ▬ THE SKELETON

• [color=white]noble[/color][size=20]⊰CHARACTER ROLE ❛[/size] [color=white]xxxxxxxxx[/color] [size=20]♂/♀[/size]
                                    [img]http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/Lord_Alidon/Decorated images/TDD1_zps27013ecf.jpg[/img]
                                    [color=white]nobleoblivi[/color][size=18]━━━ CHARACTER NAME[/size]
                                    [color=white]nobleoblivionnob[/color][size=10]❝Quote.❞[/size]
                                    [color=white]noble[/color][size=11]✩ ▌ POSITIVE TRAIT [color=white]xx[/color]✩ ▌NEGATIVE TRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]✩ ▌ POSITIVE TRAIT [color=white]xx[/color]✩ ▌ NEGATIVE TRAIT[/size]
                                    [size=11]
                                    [color=white]nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble[/color]██⋮◝♕. age
                                    [color=white]nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble[/color]██⋮◝♕. title
                                    [color=white]nobleoblivionnobleoblivionnoble[/color]██⋮◝♕. power[/size]

[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=9]▬▬ the sum of the past[/size]
                                    [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=10]Blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp blurp.[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[align=right][size=10]samples[/size][/align]

Ilyrian's Widower

Conservative Conversationalist

User ImageUser Image

LOCATIONxxxBreviel gates.
                                                  COMPANYx xxNo one yet.
                                                  ATTIRExxxxxxArmor.
                                                  TOOLSxxx xxxBoop.

SPAKE: #03897b || OTHERS: #988d7f

"You can't be serious, Gail," Ezra cried indignantly, grabbing her arm as she tried to pass him.

She yanked her bicep out of his palm and thrust her face close to his, her temper snapped. That wasn't really hard to do. "Unlike you, I'm a warrior of this realm." He seethed - he'd gone through the same training as she, and was knighted just the same. The difference was that with his knighthood, he ran their fief while she actually fought for all of Acarassa. She shouldered past him and threw the woolen shirt that she'd fetched into her bag unceremoniously.

"We're married," Ezra snapped while she passed him again, throwing up his hands. "I don't think you realize that being married changes things. You can't just do everything without telling me now!"

Gail turned on him, her hands on her hips. It looked a bit silly, for her to be glaring him down, especially when she was nearly a foot shorter than him. Despite that, she had a menacing look to her. She had a few scars here and there to prove her worth, including one diagonal across the right side of her forehead, and she was thick and muscled whereas he had a more scholarly look to him. "Our marriage was part of a bargain that we made with our parents. You were promised your land, I was promised the training. We are not a team. The deal was that we are free to live our own lives still. And if you plan on dictating my life while I keep out of yours, Ezra, then you are in for a nasty surprise." She shoved her forefinger into his chest hard, making him step back and wince. "I will not be controlled, by you, by my parents, or by anyone but Queen and Country. Go back to your paperwork and run your fief, Sir Ezra!"

He stared at her long and hard while she went back to her business. While her back was turned to reorganize her pack, he said, "It hasn't occurred to you that I'm not trying to control you? I'm trying to advise you." Gail heard him move around, probably battling within himself on the right words. He learned a long time ago that the wrong words could set her off without so much as a warning. "What if - what if I were to say that I was worried about you?"

She turned slowly, disgust etched on her face. "Now you're manipulating me, you son of a b***h," she spat. He began to protest, but she was set off now. "You never see me!" she cried. "And I'm supposed to believe that you care about me?"

He glared. "No one said anything about caring," he retorted.

"Good," she shot back. She poked him hard in the chest again. "And let them never say it. Get out."

Ezra turned on his heel and threw open the door, but after a thought, he turned around while she continued to pack. "When will you return?"

"Who knows?" she answered gruffly. "I might not come back at all. That reminds me - I sent my will to the fief. See to it that it sees the light of day should I die, alright?"

The silence was thick between them for a while. "Well, I'll pray you don't. Die, that is."

"Glad my husband likes me so much," she murmured while he closed her door. That was the last of the string of difficult conversations done. Her parents she had spoken to a few days earlier. Neither of them were happy about her mission either, which infuriated Gail. She had already risked life and limb for Queen and Country and even more. She'd slaughtered hundreds of troublesome beasts and men, rogue mages and corrupted officials. She was a knight. They had objected the same when she had chosen without their consent to be a Slayer too, which wasn't long ago at all. And now she was famed for her strength and her power, and they were still furious that she should accept to go on a dangerous mission for her Queen without consulting everybody that cared about her first.

"Damn them all," Gail muttered, tying her bag shut. With that, she began to don her armor. Once her sword and shield were strapped to her back and all her bags were ready, Gail threw her saddlebags over her shoulder, picked up her knapsack, and headed out the door. She informed a passing servant that she would not be returning for some time and to see that her rooms were taken care of every so often.

Gail trotted down the palace steps, her armor and bags clinking loudly, through the courtyard, into the city. At the palace stables, she saddled her large, favorite chestnut mare, Alyssum, being sure to pack some extra food and treats for her, plus saddle-care supplies. Then, with everything checked thrice over and ready, Gail mounted and set Alyssum off at a trot through the city. She kept to the main road, watching her saddlebags and purse throughout the lower districts. She smacked more than one small hand away with the flat of her dagger there, but managed to get through unbothered otherwise.

Just outside the gates of Breviel, Gail dismounted and led Alyssum to the grass, squinting around. There was no one else present. Gail sniffed and dropped to her rump. Great. She hated waiting.

kiryuin's Senpai

Benevolent Prophet

User ImageXXXXXXX████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                    XXXXXXX━━━J E I R L A W L ❝ SLAYER OF HUMILITY ❞
                    XXXXXXXXXUser Image X User Image X User Image X User Image
                    XXXXXXXXX● ● ● XX ● ● ● XX ● ● ● XX ● ● ● XX ● ● ● XX ● ● ●

• Boom. Boom. Boom.

The reverberating noise was like thunder, but no lightning followed the deep and resonant sound, only a constant echo that played over and over again. Boom. Boom. Boom. It was never ending. An endless melody that came with no pause or interruption. Boom. Boom. Boom. Images came with the sound, memories of a child all alone and afraid and a name being called out. At first it was nothing but a whisper but it grew louder until the boom could no longer be heard.

"Jeir! Jeir! Jeir!"

An unanticipated light nearly blinded the male in bed as an unannounced female pulled back a curtain revealing the morning sun, the dream of the child vanishing as the male opened his eyes. "Do you ever knock?" Jeir asked, squinting at the rays of the sun.

"I did," the female replied vexed.

Jeir sat up in bed and reached for the bottle on the nightstand. "Empty," he murmured, throwing the bottle to the ground. He glanced over to the female standing at the window, "Your annoying, Lyla, you know that."

It wasn't a question but she answered it all the same. "And you're a drunkard." She wasn't wrong.

"It's early, to early to be breaking into peoples homes."

Lyla placed her hands on her hips and huffed, "I didn't break in, the door was open."

That didn't sound wrong. Jeir was known to come home to drunk to remember how he got there and sometimes, more often than not, he would forget to close and lock his door. "Doesn't mean you can just come in and make yourself at home."

"Isn't much of a home, more like a garbage room," Lyla said, indicating the trash all over the floor. "There's barely any room to walk around. It wouldn't hurt for you to clean once in a while." She said walking over to a table at the end of the bed, the only piece of furniture in the room with no trash or bottles on it, only two peculiar blades. One was the color of ash, a shade of grey, while the other was ivory, but both were made of the same substance, bone. Even though they were so different, they were very much the same. Both had the same runic markings carved into the blades and the sheathes were no different. The same runic markings that were carved into the blades were also carved into the sheathes. She picked up one of the blades, the ash one, Belecer and inspected it. "Why is it that these blades are clean but your home is a mess?" She didn't give him time to answer it, even if he was. "And why do you name them?"

"So they don't get confused," he said in a raspy tone. Belecer and Sayal, they were the names of the two blades and were the names of Jeir's mother and father.

"Belecer and Sayal," Lyla said incredibly, "did you learn those names out there in the Badlands?" Lyla knew a little about Jeir's past but not a lot. "Or did you just come up with them on a whim?"

Jeir sighed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Their just names."

Lyla sighed, she wasn't one to give up but she didn't have time to play twenty one questions, so she dropped it. "So the Badlands, you going to miss me?" she asked and Jeir ignored her. "Oh come on, what are you going to do without me out there?"

"Die, most likely," he said sarcastically.

Lyla glared at Jeir, "Don't even joke," she cried irritated.

"Then don't ask stupid questions." Lyla opened her mouth as if to say something but closed it and walked back over to the window, blade still in hand.

"You'll come back, won't you?" She said staring out the window. She always worried about Jeir whenever he went out into the Badlands. Jeir was like an older brother to her, she felt connected to him since she was an orphan much like him, one who never had a family of her own.

"I'll come back, I always do," Jeir said sincerely. He walked over to the window where she stood staring out at the city, the seal of Breviel standing tall in the center of the city, and took the blade from her hand. "You see this blade?" he asked, she shook her head yes and he continued, "it has protected me ever since I was a child. It will bring me home, like always. You have nothing to worry about," he said. "Now go and let me get changed."

"I will, don't disappoint the Queen."

━ ━ ━ T I M E S K I P

Jeir was never one to wear armor, he liked to move freely while in battle and armor weighed him down. He preferred to wear loose clothe, mostly something along the lines of leather. Once he gathered all his belongings, he fastened his saddle on the back of his horse and made his way to the gates of Breviel but was interupted by Lyla once more. "You ever going to leave me in peace?"

"You didn't think you were going to leave without saying goodbye did you?" she asked, her hands on her hips once more.

"Thought never crossed my mind," Jeir wasn't in a hurry, he could spare a few extra minutes. "I'll see you soon, Lyla." She smiled and Jeir, once again, made his way to Breviel's gates.

The day was hot, but what did one expect when just outside the city was a desert. "Man do I need a drink," he said to himself as the cities gates came into view. Just outside the gates was another traveler, who from the look of her was another Slayer who would be joining him on the journey to the other cities. "Got a drink?" he asked her whenever he got close enough for her to hear him.

Greedy Gekko

MERCY
slayer of sloth

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie?
I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky
The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing--

Location: Village With: some troublemakers Health: 100% Stamina: 100%
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image
                                  Her arrow pierced the stag in the throat, or so Mercy thought at first. She would have been glad for a quick kill. She started down the hill to where the dying creature lay, stepping quickly, quietly, over loose rocks and grasping roots. She was quiet in nature -- and by practice. Noise attracted attention, and attention was dangerous in the badlands. She had a penchant for living. Oh, she thought, crouching by the beast and noting its frame, rising and falling with each ragged breath. She saw now that her arrow had buried itself into that special place between neck and back, and that instead of granting a quick death, she’d paralyzed the animal instead. Its eyes darted wildly about, eventually locking with hers. I’m sorry, she thought, drawing her knife. And she was.

She cut its throat and slung the carcass over her shoulder. The sun was beginning its descent, but if she kept her pace, she’d have time enough to prepare the meat for dinner and the next few days to come. Mercy wouldn’t let it go to waste. It was early in the morning when she’d left, and time had passed quickly. She found herself eager to return home. Not that it was much more than a shack if she had to be honest about it (and Mercy was always honest), on a hill in the outskirts of a forest. She’d found it abandoned, no doubt by someone who thought their best chance of averting the belorite was in isolation. Though I suppose a family could have lived here as well. Or perhaps a couple? She could hardly imagine more than four people crammed inside the small dwelling. But everyone approached survival differently. Some kept to themselves and avoided personal connections and ties, while others were made stronger by them. Mercy tended towards the former.

She worked nearly until sunset, skinning, draining, cutting, salting, and she worked in silence. The cicadas hummed around her. A gentle breeze stirred every now and then. The wood of her cabin creaked. Her knife whisked as she went about her preparations, and there was the sound of tearing flesh and snapping sinew. Her fire crackled in the hearth. When she was finished, Mercy leaned back in her chair and watched the flames dance. Its shadows stretched across the cabin floor, from stone foundation to her bare feet, blackened by earth and stag’s blood. Her eyes began to flicker shut. Someplace between sleep and consciousness, she saw the shadows reach further and further, blanketing her in a sickly embrace. The flames climbed higher, impossibly so. They climbed to heights that should have engulfed the entire cabin and burned it to cinders. The oranges and reds within the fire moved and melded together, creating images that dissipated before she could truly recognize them.

Mercy was not afraid. She waited for the flames to slow, for the shadows that held her in their grip to relax ever so slightly. She heard the Keeper’s voice in her mind, heard his call. She saw where she needed to go and felt the urgency. When she woke, it was with a cold chill up her spine, and the fires in her hearth were naught but ashes.

NEXT DAY

Her father used to tell her that there was always a certain tool for a certain job. The man was a blacksmith, so Mercy thought of him as somewhat of an authority on the subject. He had his hammers and his anvils, his forge and bellows, but he also had to create tools for the farmer, the artisan, the builder...the warrior. A man could be whatever he liked, but he needed the right tools in order to do so. Mercy was no less particular when she was given a job. She had the feeling she wouldn’t be home for a while, which put even more weight on her decisions. She took her short bow and quiver first. Whether she was on horseback or on foot, in a battle or scouting, it would be equally useful. She took a spear next and strapped it to the side of her horse’s saddle. The next choice was more difficult. She was a Slayer now, not just another sellsword. She was meant not only to kill, but to inspire fear. She had a brutal, merciless road ahead of her and she needed a weapon that would fit. Her eyes lingered on a sword and shield, then to a pair of hatchets. They fell next upon a warhammer, and Mercy felt a twinge of nostalgia. She’d grown up around the sound of her father’s hammer ringing against metal, and she and her siblings had played with his tools around the forge when they thought their parents weren’t looking. Her hand curled around the shaft and Mercy tested the weight of the weapon. Her hands were bigger now -- a woman’s hands. A fighter’s. And it felt right.

Time to get to work.

It didn’t take Mercy long to reach the village. It was a point of pride for her that she always fulfilled her contracts, and she came when she was called. She slowed her horse to a walk upon passing the first building, taking her time to view her surroundings. The village seemed to be the result of three roads meeting, and not much more. Several houses had crops nearby. She saw one store and one inn, and a well in the center of the cluster of buildings. The locals looked no different than most who lived in the Badlands: wary, thin, tense -- as if the sign of a single threat would be enough to set them into a frenzy. Most looked to be farmers, though she was sure they knew how to use swords as well as plows. There were several individuals armed and armored near the inn, however, not unlike Mercy herself. But they were not Slayers. Mercy did not spot any of her comrades, and led her horse to the central well. She stepped nimbly from its back and filled a nearby trough with water, which it lapped up quickly.

“‘Scuse me, miss, but you have to pay for that water,” a voice said from behind her. Mercy had heard him coming with his heavy footsteps and clinking mail, but hoped he wasn’t there to cause trouble. She did not turn to face him and continued adjusting her horse’s saddle as it drank.

“He’s right. We’re here to protect the village and its...livelihood, you see. You can’t just come in here and take what you want. Pay up, miss.” The man’s female companion joined him, likewise armed. Mercy figured she could probably say the same to them. It would have been easy to simply call them bandits, but the line between mercenary and bandit was awfully thin in the Badlands. Many switched from being one or the other just depending on whether or not someone had actually hired them. She heard the third man in their party approach as well, though his step was lighter. She’d seen him with a bow on her way in. Mercy frowned. I came when I was called, Keeper. And trouble still finds me, she thought, reaching discreetly for the spear hidden underneath her saddlecloth.

Ilyrian's Widower

Conservative Conversationalist

User ImageUser Image

LOCATIONxxxBy the well.
                                                COMPANYx xxMercy.
                                                ATTIRExxxxxxVery Piratey.
                                                TOOLSxxx xxxwip

SPAKE: #d44600 || OTHERS: #dc2309

"O' course," Jozi said with a change in tone, leaning back and sniffing while scowling about the room. "There weren't much, in the ways of swords n' daggers go; looked around and all there was was some gold pieces, some necklaces, some rings. Lots o' jewels, things o' that sort. No swords. No axes. Not even a golden rod or anythin'. Just me, some regular ol' treasure, and fifteen honorable guardsmen breakin' down an old door held closed by a gold candle stand." He laughed and shook his head, remembering the moment well. This was, what... twelve hours ago? He'd sneaked into a guarded crypt being investigated by scholars and guarded by real, Queen-sworn knights. And he'd been caught. He probably could have killed them all and gotten away, but he figured prison wasn't too bad of a thing to try out.

The other prisoners were actually trying to sleep at that moment, and everyone was trying to ignore the loud-voiced chatterbox with bad grammar. But Jozi had so many interesting stories to tell! Most of the time, people enjoyed his stories - he'd traveled as a bard and a storyteller before, and people drank up what he had to say. But here in prison there were a bunch of tough-guys and killers, and they weren't exactly jumping up and down and following him around as he danced around a villages' celebratory bonfire. They had tried throwing things in the beginning, but after three hours of him merely ignoring their attempts to shut him up, they discovered that this here was a true idiot, dense enough to break a rock with his head if he wanted to.

Of course, Jozi was no idiot. He knew exactly how they felt about his stories. It fed him. It excited him, their hate and annoyance. He'd never experienced this sort of thing before. It was interesting. He watched them intently, focused on every movement, every expression, heard every mutter and hiss. He loved it.

"Anyway," he said, chuckling. "They got in, I waved some flashy gems at 'em and threatened to magick them into oblivion. They didn't believe me - rightly so - and arrested my poor arse." He sighed morosely and folded his arms. "Wish they would'a let me keep my clothes, though. Weapons, I understand, but I like my flashy little outfit, an' this shirt is scratchy. What 'bout you, neighbor? What's your story?" Jozi asked cheerfully, his change in tone and expression immediate. The man in the neighboring cell didn't even give him the courtesy of acknowledgment. Jozi pouted.

And just then, the call sounded. Jozi looked up at the ceiling, dramatic disappointment on his face. The Keeper told him, and the others, to all meet. "Really!" Jozi said aloud, exasperated, as the Keeper's presence left his mind. "Can't a man have some fun in life without bothersome, no-good, demonic-type folk messin' with his schedule?" He stood, actually quite bothered that his prison experience was over. He hadn't been there for more than eight hours!

Oh well. A call was a call. Jozi leaned against the bars and tried to stick his head out between them to better view the two guards on duty. They were at the end of the room closest to the door, a little candle lighting up their dice game. "Hey!" he called, louder than before. Neither of them looked at him. "Look, gentlemanly guard-folk, I've got a prior engagement and I just been thinking that it's probably about time I got out of here." Someone laughed, another murmured something to his neighbor, but the guards were ignoring him. "Now, look here!" Jozi cried, outraged. "This is very important! I've got to leave now. I have a couple friends meeting up in a town not-so-nearby an' I've really got to be there as soon as I can make it. As it is, I'll probably be late. I don't have a horse, see. Are you ignoring me?!" Jozi rested his elbows on the mid-bar and leaned his forehead against one. He knew very well they weren't going to let him out. He just needed to annoy or amuse one of them enough to get them to come over to his cell. "You see, I'm a Slayer. You know, one of them with Belorite hearts in they're chests. I am one. But not a regular one, see, I'm - " they were laughing now, and he started laughing with them as he continued, "I'm with a different guy, and I'm a pure Slayer unlike those Queen-following men. I'm all done right, you see? So I'm very powerful, an' I don't want to hurt anybody here. But if you don't let me out here soon, I think I'll just have to escape myself an' that'll be a right bloody mess, it will."

One of the guards got up, and Jozi beamed at him. "Oh, finally, I was worried that you was goin' to just leave me in here."

The guard stopped in front of Jozi's cell, a cocky grin on his face and his hands on his hips. "Well, I wouldn't want a bloody mess on my hands. I mean, if you're as powerful as you say you are," he said sarcastically, drawing laughs from his partner and even some of the prisoners - wow, that was rude - "Then you could probably take myself, this man, and the other ten men upstairs no problem, right?"

"Oh, without a doubt," Jozi said, his grin spreading. He adjusted himself, moving inconspicuously from foot to foot, as a cat about to pounce. He moved his shoulders, rolling them a bit. 'Let's strike a little fear, shall we?' he thought to himself. He just couldn't wait to see the other prisoners' faces. How annoyed they had been, and how scared they would be soon.

"Ri-ight," the guardsmen drawled out. He came a little closer. Just what Jozi wanted. The guard leaned in and whispered loudly, "You're not leaving this place for years. Don't you realize that, you dirty thief?"

Jozi chuckled, never breaking eye contact. His eyes were alight with excitement, excitement that confused the guardsmen, although he'd never admit it. "No, no, no. I don't think you understand - I need to leave now," he said. The guard opened his mouth to deliver another snarky remark, but before he could, Jozi reached out and grabbed the front of his uniform, pulling him hard against the cell door. In the same moment, he transformed. Jozi grew a foot taller, his fingers elongated to sharp points, his teeth sharpened and doubled in length. Everything about him turned black - even the air around him appeared to be ink falling off him, or smoke coming from his pores. The whites of his eyes went dark, and his irises turned red. A classic demon from horror stories. Jozi pulled his hand back, then drove his pointed fingers through the guardsman's throat. He gripped the inside, them pulled them right out again.

With a kick, the cell door opened. The other guard, poor man, was too shocked to do anything. Jozi walked over to him, wiping his dripping hand on his pants. As the guard sank from his chair to the ground in a kneel, putting up his hands as if to beg, Jozi sprinted forward. He grabbed an arm, pulled him up, and wrenched his head to one side. With one swift motion, Jozi bit into the man's neck and then pulled away violently, spraying blood all along the walls and floor. He spat out the flesh as the man dropped, then turned. He couldn't help it. He just wanted to see the horror on the other prisoners' faces. And boy, was it satisfying. Laughing to himself, he bounded up the stairs. Two down, ten more to go.

Twenty minutes later, Jozi walked out of the front door of the town's prison, dressed his in usual attire, his weapons back at his side, and every inch of him appearing human. He asked a passing woman what time it was and which way was north, then he set out the front gates, whistling a tune to himself. Along the road he walked for an hour or two until he passed by a lone horseman. Jozi stepped in front of him, patting the horse and ignoring the horseman's objections. "Oh, she's a beauty! What's her name?" The man just started sputtering and objecting again, so Jozi drew his sword and pointing it up, holding onto the reigns of the horse. "I'm going to need to borrow her, if you don't mind."

It turns out that he didn't mind very much, the old man. He didn't look like much of a fighter, and the only weapon he carried was a dagger. Odd, for a traveler in the badlands. Jozi took his horse, being sure to be nice enough and drop the saddlebags first. He didn't need all that. He did take the liberty of asking nicely for all his money. The lone man had obliged.

So it was that Jozi arrived earlier than he thought in the specified town. The word 'town' was almost too much for it, as it was hardly more than a few streets and a little square with a well at the center. Perhaps that was why the spot was ideal - no guards, and not a lot of places for do-gooders to hide. Plus, it be easier to find each other this way.

And already, Jozi found a companion. Mercy wasn't one for talking to strangers (or talking to anybody), so he found it strange that she was in conversation with a group of two men and one woman. But seeing as they were well armed and had her backed against the well and the trough from which her horse was drinking, Jozi didn't think this was just a little chat. He dismounted, tied his new horse to the post outside an inn, and flounced on over, whistling his favorite off-key tune again. "Mercy!" he cried happily, throwing out his hands. He approached, beaming foolishly at the armed people while he threw his arm around Mercy's shoulders. "Love, who are these folk? Nice, aren't they, to welcome us like this."

The female smiled. "We were just telling your lady here the rules of this town. If you're going to visit, it's best you keep out of trouble, don't you think?" She looked pointedly at Mercy.

"Oh, she ain't my lady, she my sister," Jozi said with a chuckle, hugging Mercy close to his side briefly. "An' that's very nice of you - very sweet to be concerned for us here, but we're just visiting for an hour or so, I think, so I don't think we'll be concerning ourselves with rules."

The man in front scowled, looking Jozi up and down. "We were informing her," he said with some impatience, his fingers twitching on the hilt of his sword, "That she needs to pay for that water."

Jozi blinked, then looked around. The horse was still greedily lapping up water from the trough. Hm. Right. In that moment, something flashed in Jozi's eyes as a thought occurred to him. Avoid trouble? Jozi didn't want to. He wanted to see what these men could do, and then tear out their hearts. Jozi's eyes flicked over to them, the impish smile frozen on his face as he judged them. But with their deaths, more chaos would come, and they were supposed to be inconspicuously gathering until the Keeper showed. Jozi didn't like being wise, but sometimes it was necessary. Like when the Keeper was involved. So Jozi laughed in an embarrassed way, changing his demeanor entirely to suit his needs. "Oh, right! Of course. This ain't the first town we been to that's asked for some extra coin. Honestly she should know that." He looked at her patronizingly. "C'mon, Mercy. Huh?" Then he grimaced and looked back at them, saying quietly, "But she never been right in the head, really, even when we was young. An' then recently there been an... well, an accident." He glanced over at Mercy with pity. "She ain't been the same since. So, hold on, let me get this. You'll owe me some, Mercy, you remember that. Here." He dropped some coin in the man's outstretched hand. "That's all I got for now. Is that enough for her horse and mine over there? She's thirsty."

The man counted through the coin, making a show of mulling it over, then he squinted at Jozi. "Should be enough. Thank you so much for your cooperation, sir and ma'am." He smiled, a nasty little glint to his eye, and turned around. The female and archer stayed behind a moment, as if to make a point that they shouldn't make trouble, then followed.

Jozi patted Mercy on the back and, while they were walking away, went to grab his horse. While she drank, he plopped himself down on the side of the well, sighing dramatically. "Remind me to pickpocket them before we leave, huh? An' Mercy, so good to see you. Lookin' radiant, per usual. That a new hammer there? Suits you. An' do I smell blood on you?" He sniffed the air, squinting. "Maybe that's me."

sadistic yandere's Husbando

Celebrating Exhibitionist

17,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
noble⊰THE SLAYER OF WRATH ❛ xxxxxxxxx
User Image
nobleoblivi━━━ SÉAMUS ALAOIS DUBHSHLÁINE

LOCATION || VILLAGE COMPANY || MERCY JOZI & NUISANCES MOOD || OFFENSIVE CURRENT FORM || FALCON

The destruction of Galie had been a glorious change of pace to Séamus’ otherwise boring life within the Badlands. He had been dealing with several E-class Belorite before the message had arrived; taken the form of a B-class Belorite he had fought not long ago, a monstrous creature with no noticeable form. Within his teeth he held the destroyed bodies of the weaker Belorites, tearing and biting until he took a hold of their Belorite core, munching on them as if they were sweets.

He had been in the process of lunging towards the few that remained when his mind had been invaded with the Keeper’s message. His body staggered, never having grown accustomed to the way the Keeper had sent word when he fell onto the desert sand of the Badlands, the E-class Belorite seeing this as an opportunity to pile over him, wishing to gain his Belorite Core. Unfortunately Séamus’ daze was as brief as the lives of those several Belorite, his claws lifting and heavily descending upon the bodies, his mouth baring the sharpened teeth that lashed out as he pushed his body up to fend them off.

In the end, none of the Belorite’s lived and Séamus left their riddled corpses to rot, satisfied with the amount of their Cores eaten before taken the form of a falcon, flying away to seek the city the Keeper had deemed as their target. Upon his arrival to Galie Séamus had missed no opportunity; going ahead with the attack before any of his ‘brothers’ and ‘sisters’ had even arrived. He was not a patient man and when he had sensed their arrival his thirst for blood and ruin increased ten-fold. Once Galie laid in ruins, Séamus had felt satisfied that most of the death, most of the destruction had been his doing before separating from his brethren, wishing them adieu until the following destruction licking off the bloodshed as he walked away.

Remembrance of that day brought a sinister smile upon Séamus’ face as he sat atop a plateau, his feet dangling off the cliff as he cackled, slurping water from a leather canteen. He had been there, day and night, for the past three days waiting for any word from the Keeper. Of course prior to his time on the plateau he had been in some sleazy village in the farthest reaches of the Badlands spending evenings with a few harlots, being raucous with the drunkards and low-lives. It had been quite a fun time, had even managed to kill a few men discreetly, all because they gave him a look he did not like. Fools! He thought chuckling once more before throwing himself back, sprawled on the dry, heated dirt. Within seconds, his face contorted a snout forming at his nose, his clothes melding into his skin as his arms and legs began gaining a hairy appearance. Eventually his ears even shifted, moving atop his head to become pointed and underneath his rump a furry tail appeared becoming into a shaggy hound. In glee he rolled in the dirt, on his back as if expecting for some hand to descend to give him a belly rub, not that he’d enjoy it for Séamus would certain bite that hand.

Yips, barks and howls escaped from his throat as he continued with the dirt bath that is until he was back in his normal human visage; his clothes being the only thing dusty along with his reddish brown hair. Shaking off the dust, Séamus stood up his crimson irises overlooking the barren valley when they suddenly narrowed. His head moved, scanning as his nose lifted smelling spotting in the distance a lone Belorite. His upper canines bit into his lower lip as he smiled finding a play toy when suddenly he toppled, eyes rolling into his head as he heard the Keeper’s voice. With a snarl he lifted his upper body, his head glancing over the plateau once more finding the Belorite gone. [********] was his only reply at the loss of a potential battle but then he smirked, knowing that if the Keeper called a new target had been chosen.

“Finally the Keeper’s called.” He huskily drawled in excitement. Without another thought Séamus ran to the edge, jumping off the cliff down into the valley. His clothes fluttered around him as the air rushed by him; seconds going by before he landed unscathed. Even before he lifted himself up his clothes melded into him and his body began to elongate, his arms and legs becoming longer, his neck widening and growing long as his head shifted. This time a sickening sound of bones snapping out of their sockets and breaking were audible as he morphed. On four hooves he stood, black fur covering his body a reddish dark mane spilling over his neck; a black stallion. The only thing that had not changed was his eyes which glanced forward in the direction he must head.

Neighing, Séamus lifted himself onto his hind legs before beating down galloping with no more hesitation or distractions. About two hours had gone by when he suddenly found himself flanked by several men on horses keeping up with his pace. “Isn’t he a beaut!” A man hollered over his back to another who swung a thick rope over his head. “We’ll get good coin out of him.” Séamus heard the man say and he snorted watching the other men lead their horses to box him in. With a shake of his head, he sprinted forward, but the man with the lasso had managed to lure him. “I got ‘im! Praan, grab ma’ horse. I’ma break this son of a b***h.”

Séamus’ glared as he turned his head to look at the man standing on his horse’s saddle, bouncing up and down with their gallops before lunging forward, gripping at his mane. ‘b*****d,’ was Séamus’ thoughts as he felt the man adjust on his back, digging heels into his abdomen. This made him snort in anger, his nostrils flaring as he began galloping faster trying to separate himself from the hunters. “Ain’t running away boy. Ya’ll be domesticated.” The man said failing to realize that Séamus had decided to run along the cliff wall. It wasn’t until the man yelled in pain, feeling the jagged rocks scraping against his left leg that he tried to steer Séamus away, back to his comrades.

Inwardly Séamus was smirking, now sensing the panic emanating from the man as he failed to steer him. Now Séamus had begun bucking his body, causing the man to hold on for life, lifting himself on his hind legs wanting to throw him off. “Gillard!” The man’s comrades yelled when they saw the horse ram the man into the cliff wall, falling off the horse. [******** horse! Stop it!” “He’s trampling Gillard!” The yells increased more and more, but it didn’t stop Séamus from doing what he did, bringing his hooves down heavily on the man’s body hearing the snaps and cracks of his bones, the blood that began gushing from his mouth and wounds. His hoof was about to smash into the man’s head when he felt a blade slash across his side, and instantly Séamus had turned onto the several men who surrounded him with their weapons raised. “This horse is a demon!” “I told you all, a black horse is a bad omen. We shouldn’t have tried to capture it.”

Instead of snorting or whining now, Séamus began laughing making the men pause and pale, for a horse was never known to laugh like a man. “Hahahaha you lot are as good as dead.” The men feel to their knees as they saw the horse transform into a man, his hands were instead claws. Quick and agile, Séamus grabbed one man by the throat, crushing his wind pipe causing the other men to stand and run. They were no match for him, as he threw the dead body in his arm to two men, knocking them unconscious and pouncing on the other two snapping their necks. Minutes passed as Séamus shook his bloodied hands walking back to where Gillard laid wheezing, having witnessed the massacre of his comrades through the one eye that was not swelled shut.

“What are you?” He asked hoarsely, the fear in his voice evident and Séamus only crouched down, grabbing the man’s hair, lifting his head up giving him a devilish smile. In a blink of an eye he smashed the man’s head onto the ground the body going limp. “Ooops. I forgot to reply before killing him…” Shrugging, the Slayer morphed back into the stallion returning on his path. He wasn’t far from the village the Keeper had mentioned, didn’t take long to get there from the bloodied scene. He decided to morph into a falcon to get a better vantage of the village and to find any of his brethren easily.

Behind a rock formation he changed easily, flapping his wings into the air soaring above the village. In such form he had the enhanced eyesight of the creature he took form of and spotted two familiar bodies, one hugging the other as three other unrecognizable bodies stood at the side. Swiftly he perched on a roof, his head rapidly glancing around looking at the three persons before turning his beady red eyes towards the two he knew, Jozi and Mercy. From the looks of it, they were being ‘harassed’ by the three, money for horses to drink. Disliking the three and really having no regrets in causing trouble; Séamus screeched flying off the roof towards the first of the three person’s head, grazing their forehead with his talons. He glided up to the opposite end, landing on the water through were Mercy’s horse lapped the water, screeching once more before pruning his feathers, cleaning off the dried blood he just noticed.

Avioke's Widow

Anxious Gem

User Image

"I wish you wouldn't leave," Harami Singh said fussing with Neria's pack. Her fingers twitched along the strings that held it shut as if she wanted nothing more than to rip the bag open and demand the young woman stay at home. Neria's wings stretched out slightly before she brought them back in to rest tightly against her spine. She knew that this was a sign that she was reacting negatively to the stress her mother was placing on her.

"Mother. I am one of the Queen's Guard, and a Slayer. I think I can hold my own out in the Badlands. Plus I'll be with all the rest of my group." Neria said, looking to her father for some help.

"She's right Rami," the old man said, "There is something to be said about safety and strength in numbers." Neria recognized the nickname as something that her father called her mother when he knew that she was wound up and needed to be calmed. The winged girl bowed her head respectfully in his direction. There was something familiar about his voice, something comforting. As far back as she could remember Neria could see her nighttime routine in her mind's eye. When she was younger she would crawl up on her father's lap and listen to him read aloud to her while she pressed an ear to his chest to feel the rumble of his words through his rib cage and the steady boom of his heart. As she aged she stopped listening to his heart and listened to him read, asking questions far more often than not. Eventually he put away the books and they began discussing things she had been thinking about. Neria was a bright girl and caught on quickly to concepts as foreign as the Transcendence.

Again her wings flexed as her mother began fidgeting with her bag again. "Are you sure you have everything?"

"I'm positive mother," Neria replied before giving her mother a quick peck on the cheek and her father a small nod. "I will see you when I get back." Then with the grace of a dancer she picked up her bag and attached it to her back in a fluid motion. She stepped out into the light of day before stretching her wings out to their fullest, a massive 8 feet of muscle, feather, and skin. Then she rolled her shoulders to once again continue her walk.

This walk of hers didn't take her very far. Just down the road really to a stable. There she found her mare, affectionately named Shira to sound similar to her own name. Neria didn't think that she would need Shira much for riding as the Slayer much preferred flying and riding with her wings tucked as they would have to be was uncomfortable. Once she secured her bag to Shira's saddle she led the horse out onto the street. Perhaps the group could use Shira as a sort of pack horse. The mare had plenty of stamina to last a good days ride.

As she walked through the market place Neria bought a couple pastries to split among those who wanted some and a few apples to give to Shira and the other horses. A few minutes later she found herself at the gate. There were two people already there and Neria beamed at them. Good at least she wouldn't be waiting alone.

"Hello," She started before scrunching up her nose. That wasn't any sort of good greeting was it? "I mean good morning. Would anyone lake a bit of an apple pastry?"

User Image

Breviel Gate

Excited, Anxious

This

Gail and Jeir

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff