• Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image
Merlianna Vess, The Sorceress
Right handwoman of Roderck
Widow to Baxter Kale, Rich merchant
Davinshire, Keland
Mercs....

Merlianna got another bit of information from the woman, the fact that she knew of her husband passing meant she either was from the north part of Keland or was connected enough with the nobility to know, for all what it was worth, her husband was a minor noble, it was unlikely most of the common folk of the south will know of his passing "I appreciatte your condolences" she replied "My poor Baxter, he was so happy since our wedding, it was a so sad the way he died" a fake sadness, but neverthelss well acted was reflected on her eyes, little did everybody knew it was her own neuromancy that send the man into the depths of madness and finally, into suicide.

The name didn't sound familiar to her, so, she discarded the idea of Nephyria been of noble birth or family, still she was well educated, albeit slightly defiant as she had met her gaze more than a couple of times, a gesture common folk wouldn't dare, but the noblewoman didn't say anything about it, in fact, for once, she enjoyed it "I'm pleased to make your acquaintance Nephyria Galaval" Merlianna began talking after Nephyria finished "I do not mind my precious girl" she continued "The culprit is still at large, but fear not, eventually I always get what I want" her eyes remained the whole time on Nephyria, the phrase on itself was something in between an affirmation, an invitation and who know is desire was involved "And this culprit right now is on my I want list" curiously, the tone of her words didn't had any hate in regards to the responsible of the mark, curious on a woman who would definetly hate by all means any person who had wrong her, perhaprs she was letting this know to Nephyria for a reason?, in any case, the interest of Nephyria in Merlianna's mark picked her curiosity.

"I'm curious about you Nephyria" she continued "You met my gaze as if you were of my same station, you do not fear me, but held me in contempt... I enjoy it to be honest" a suggestive smile drawed on her crimson lips and she closed in a bit "It is as if you were not taught about the diferences in birth"

Now she decided to pull the conversation into a more dangerous zone, there were a couple of reasons she thought in regards on why she wouldn't fear nobles, could it be because, she felt superior to them?

User Image

MrPraetor

Prodigal Demigod

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Who knows the end? What has risen may sink, and what has sunk may rise. Loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men.

In the company of:: A merry band of drunken mercenaries, Harken Steel, Merlianna Vess.
Thoughts:: "How curious..."

Ƞ℮pℎỿríạ Áℓℯạ Ɠạℓạⱱạℓ
Đæϻοηιοṩ

"'Ere's ya' stew." The barman slid the bowl over to Nephyria, she thanked him with a nod of her head and then turned back to the noble woman. She noted the sadness in Merlianna's eyes and voice as she spoke of her late husband, it seemed most convincing. While she herself wasn't from Keland, she had resided within the nation for most of her life, and she happened to be passing through the area of influence of the late Baxter Kale around the time of his passing. She had heard rumours of his decent into madness, before finally ending his own life. Most had spoken only in hushed whispers about the whole incident. Having now met the wife of the Lord Kale, something about the widow tugged at her, despite the show of sadness, Nephyria suspected she had something to do with his untimely demise.

Not that she cared; all those not blessed with the gift of magic could die and she wouldn't bat an eye at their deaths.

As Merlianna spoke, Nephyria grabbed the tankard of mead from the bar and took a swig of the amber liquid, its honeyed taste dancing over her tongue before sliding down her throat. The tone with which the noble woman spoke was most peculiar, it held no contempt, no hate, for whomever it was. More so, it held a hint of curiosity, as if she wanted to find out what had caused such a mark to appear on her chest.
'Perhaps our marks are connected? Perhaps something large is happening...?' Her attention was pulled from her thoughts as Merlianna spoke again.

"Curious...?" She inquired softly before the woman had finished speaking. As she finished her statement about Nephyria meeting the gaze of a noble, a faint laugh escaped the woman's pink lips. This woman, this Merlianna Vess-Kale, something about her gave Nephyria the impression that she was hiding something. "Oh, just as any child not of noble birth, I was taught the difference during my upbringing. However,..." She leaned in a little, a smirk pulling at her lips. "I see no reason to fear someone of noble birth." She continued, "Why should I fear someone simply because they were born into mass wealth? What power do they truly hold? None." She brought her voice to a near whisper, "It is, but an illusion." The smirk on her face turned more sinister. "No, true power is from knowledge. True power is striking fear into the hearts of your enemies by a sheer show of force..." Her voice trailed off as she leaned in closer to the noble woman, and whispered in her ear. "True power, is the power that most fear."

She, of course, was referring to magic. Something told her that Merlianna would understand, that the noble woman knew exactly what she was talking about, and indeed felt the same. It was not just how the woman spoke to Nephyria, it was her aura, she could feel something from the woman. The sensation that emanated from her gauntlet lead her to believe it, and Vetis never lied to her. She pulled back from the woman and turned to her bowl of food, taking a small spoonful of the stew into her mouth. That sinister smirk still pulled across her lips.

MrPraetor

V.H. Griffin Chan

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image
Davinshire, Keland
Mercs....

Eureka.

That was the word on Merlianna's mind as Nephyria began speaking of this power that made the noble politic schemes child's play, oh how much she agreed with the woman, how many times had she wanted to burst out in flames all of those pesky Kelish nobles who understand nothing about the world and its true nature, about powers they, as Nephyria perfectly described, fear.

Merlianna was no fool, she could tell Nephyria was half seen trough her lies, a clever girl she was, and she was as well somewhat reading in between the lines of her own words, she let her finish the first bite of her stew before closing in and speaking in hushed tones "Is that so my pretty girl?" she began, whispering to Nephyria's ear "Such talks of a power that inspire fear in the mind of men are forbidden, punishable by the Covenant laws imposed to the fearful sheep and cattle that call themselves humans" her whisper where only for Nephyria ears and she made sure it remained that way, spite on the whispers could be felt, but not towards the girl, no, but towards the weak minded pious fools, "Why wouldn't I turn you to the nearest Covenant officer huh?" there was no trace of a real threat on her words, and the suggestive smile on her crimson lips, paired with the delighted gaze on her amber eyes would confirm this, and for a moment, her amber eyes became red, a slight fade on her disguise, it lasted a split second and in the darkness no one would saw it, except for Nephyria, could it be a bait? who knows.

"Oh but this words do endanger you, maybe we could finish this talk... somehwere else?, somewhere safer?", she let a final whisper on her ear, the she looked at the door, but remained sit, waiting for Nephyria to finish her food, the invitation was set, not it was just a matter on how will she take it

User Image

MrPraetor

Inhospitable Veracity

Prodigal Demigod

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Who knows the end? What has risen may sink, and what has sunk may rise. Loathsomeness waits and dreams in the deep, and decay spreads over the tottering cities of men.

In the company of:: A merry band of drunken mercenaries, Harken Steel, Merlianna Vess.
Thoughts:: "How about we go somewhere else...?"

Ƞ℮pℎỿríạ Áℓℯạ Ɠạℓạⱱạℓ
Đæϻοηιοṩ

Nephyria caught Merlianna moving in close through the corner of her eye, and felt her warm breath against her cheek as she spoke. The noble woman spoke in hushed tones, she closed her pale green eyes and listened to the woman speak. She could hear disgust in her tone when she spoke of the Covenant and their laws, and then her feigned threat. A faint chuckle escaped her lips, and she turned to face the noble woman. The suggestive smile that pulled at the crimson lips of Merlianna, and the pleased expression on her face.

For a brief moment, Nephyria could swear she saw the woman's amber eyes turn a shade of red. Her eyebrow rose a little, her lips still curled in a smirk, this woman really was quite interesting. Merlianna then suggested that they finish their talk somewhere else, somewhere safer.

"My Lady Vess-Kale, where do you suggest we take our conversation?" There was a slight emphasis on the last word, implying that she was interested in a little more than just continuing their talk. Her sinister smirk turned more suggestive. Vetis had not lead her astray, the widowed noble woman was indeed of interest to Nephyria. First, she was drawn to the woman. Second, the peculiar bruise upon the woman's chest that matched her own. Lastly, the red eyes, she so plainly saw for a split second. Could it be? Could it have been a sign of corruption from so long ago?

Nephyria didn't even bother to finish the rabbit stew, instead choosing to take leave with the woman she barely knew. She rose from the seat, offering her left hand, the hand with the strange gauntlet, to assist the noble woman from her seat. If Merlianna was what she thought, she would recognize the power that was within the gauntlet.
"Let us depart to somewhere a little more... Private."

MrPraetor

V.H. Griffin Chan

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image
Davinshire, Keland
Mercs....

The noblewoman took the hand as it was offered, the second her skin touched the gauntlet, Merlianna could felt its power and the presence inside, without a doubt the pressence will as well sense something really akin inside Merlianna, the corruption the old magic had caused on the sorceress, the sensation that touching the gauntlet brought was not hidden, as her eyes closed, feeling the ectasy of touching something so old, just like her new amulet when held for the first time.

Her eyes opened again after the little taste, to say she was more than attracted or aroused will be an understatement, something that increased with Nephyria's words "My residence is nearby, I'm sure you will find it more than... accomodating" raising helped by Nehyria's hand "I will very much like the privacy, yes" her voice denoted the arousal, albeit slightly, right after she lead Nephyria out, gazes from every corner of the inn followed the pair, obviously more than one expressed his disilusion at watching two ladies go away with no man holding her hands, but Merlianna care little.

The walk back to her house was uneventful, once they reached the doors, a guardsman inmediately opened the well crafted doors blackened oak doors "Evening my lady Vess" he said with a bow, which Merlianna dismissed quickly, once inside she motioned Nephyria to enter "I wish to not be disturbed guard, for the rest of the night" she ordered as Nephyria passed the doors "As you command" the guard replied, closing the door once the guest was inside

Now Merlianna waited, allowing Nephyria to scan her surroundings first, before making any other move....

User Image

MrPraetor

Inhospitable Veracity

Dangerous Defender

7,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
"I've lived a thousand lives..."

"...Yet none can compare to this."

User Image

Location: Traveling - Frostkeep to Meadowbrook - Temporary Camp Site
Company: Thalia, Fenris, Krist, Ram
Title/Rank/Allegiance: Searcher - Archavist

Ascher's orders were not in ignorance in the least. A well studied and practiced strategist, Ascher's own strategies had won wars. Not battles. Wars. Though none with current memories would even know of these wars. Still, often Ascher had orchestrated battle strategies for the Covenant, proving himself far above the strategic level of even the Enclave. No, his orders seemed out of ignorance simply because other than the regular soldiers, all others refused to follow orders. So there was no choice in ignoring them or not. They were pointless the second the first person failed to uphold their end of the strategy.

With the Unfallar dead, Ascher watched as Fenris approached, the attitude around her completely different. As she spoke she had the attitude of a child who thought themselves grown. As if her short term memory entitled her to any great station beyond her infant and weak nobility. Resting his hand on his own sword, Ascher took a step forward towards Fenris. Surely Glenn and Joshua would take a step forward, but each would be met with a cold glare. Something in those eyes promise that the moment they attacked, they would both die. Was the Archavist far more dangerous than he let on?

Turning his gaze to Fenris, any sort of friendly professor to student relationship was gone. Fenris had pushed the boundaries too far for that right now.
"Do not use your resources as leverage against the Covenant. They were yours and you chose to use them, useful or wasteful however you may interpret it. You speak out of pure childish arrogance, as if you should still be bent over your mothers knee wailing from a leather strap against your backside. I thought such petty insults were beneath you. And you call yourself nobility, Fenris. Hardly. You do not act in the slightest like a lady. There is hardly anything in this time to mark you for more than an over educated commoner. Yet you have the pure audacity to threaten a member of one of the highest noble families in the entire land as well as the Covenant."

Shaking his head, Ascher sighed.
"Your fealty is neither wanted nor required. You live by pure grace the moment you enhanced the arrow shot. A fool's move. As for your threat, move hostile in the slightest way, and your head will hit the floor before you can think to move a single feather. Instead of speaking with what little intellect you truly have, you throw a tantrum like a child, demanding this or that when you are not in the slightest position to do so. I am disappointed in you, as much as you may care not what I think. But I promise. Move wrong, and I will see you and your pathetic companions here dead before any of these behind me can think to move."

Ascher did not move, his eyes fixated on Fenris with the same cold, hard stare. It was a stare that told the truth of the promise Ascher himself had just made. Under his clothing, a small bag slowly lost what little substance there was inside of it. A precaution against any foolish or betraying words from Fenris. The mind was a fragile thing and easy to trick, especially the mind of a child.

Behind him, Ascher heard Kirst draw closer and the soft creaking of hands tightening on the grip of a sword. The Inquisitor was anxious and prepped for action, a tell-tale sign of someone willing to take matters into their own hand. However, Ascher would not allow anyone to disobey Thalia. She was placed in charge by the Enclave, and regardless of laws her word was final. And then Thalia gave the order for execution, and everything seemed to freeze. It wasn't literal, but rather that brief calm right before a storm.

A rustling of clothes caught Ascher's ears, coming near to where he was, followed by a voice that Ascher himself had not expected to hear. It was Ram, speaking on behalf of Fenris, in a very humble manner. It was something Ascher himself had not expected. However, then came the statement of killing Fenris himself, and the sound of a sword being drawn. Swiftly, Ascher drew his own sword, slamming the blade against Ram's own in a way that pushed it far out to Fenris' left, or Ram's right (assuming the blade was held in the right hand and held against the left side of Fenris' throat). Keeping his blade out, Ascher spared a glance at Ram and spoke.
"You speak well and very true, Redeemer Viswanathan. And I do not block your sword in attack or any such thing. There simply is no need to spark a fight where one may not be needed. Threaten Fenris and her guards and she herself will be forced into action. As Inquisitor Avast has stated, they are outnumbered so all should be safe for the moment."

Lowering his sword to his side, the midnight black blade continuing to fade from view the moment anyone did not look directly at it, Ascher turned and glanced at Thalia before speaking again.
"It is impossible for the Enclave to declare the Lady Fenris a Redeemer or any sort without knowledge of her. She has insulted and threatened, but has not acted. All of this after assisting in the protection of officially sanctioned Covenant forces. This marks her an ally regardless of the use of alchemy. It may not be official, but this trio has acted in the capacity of Redeemers without having the chance to be named as such. The need for death is nonexistent, and executing them both would be a denial of the fair justice the Covenant holds so dear. If they act in the capacity as a Redeemer would have, then it is only fair to give them the opportunity to seek repentance by requesting to become Redeemers. With the Enclave a fair distance away, the best option would be a messenger of sorts to detail the situation to the Enclave and request guidance. Of course, if the Enclave denies them or they deny the offer, execution is an obvious must. However, for now, there is no need to execute those who may still be of use to the Covenant and our current mission. So, I suggest bringing the three of them along, under the strict guard of Redeemer Viswanathan and Inquisitor Avast. At least until word can be gathered from the Enclave. Seek your hearts, all of you, and you will know that I speak sense and truth."

O.O.C.

"I wont die this time..."

"...this time....I survive."

V.H. Griffin Chan

feyleina

xAetea

Requiem ex Inferni

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Valentina Rasmussen
Daughter of Chief Uric Rasmussen - Cursed - Cast Out
Risland
So many butterflies...

The calm sleep was short lived, and Vanessa awoke with a refreshed vigor for escape. Konstantin was nearby, she could hear him scraping an iron pot and sharpening his axes. It made staying quiet more important. However, she could also feel a crimson ichor pooling around her wrists, the leather bindings cutting in during her previous struggles. The liquid would give her energy, and she concentrated before her entire body was filled with increased energy and rage. The gag in her mouth muffled her cry of revenge, and soon she snapped the bindings. A move that would usually render her skin torn instead simply bruised. Though she still bled from her past injuries. Her teeth gnawed at the bindings on her ankles, and soon she was free. She ripped the gag from her mouth, liking the sores that had developed and rubbing her bruised cheeks. Konstantin sought to confine her, but she would be free!

Slicing through the back of the tent, she took off at a sprint, using it as cover until she reached the treeline.

Dressed in nothing but her shirt, which was cut short just above her belly button and a raggity looking skirt, Valentina looked rather unkempt. Her hair hadn't been brushed and it stuck out from all the tossing and turning of the past night.

Once in the treeline, she ran until her feet had sores on them before plunging into a cold creek. The underbrush had been so close to the edge of the creek that she hadn't the time to stop herself. The cold water surrounded her and she fought for control, she must have traveled a mile down the creek before finally grasping hold of a fallen tree.

Heaving for breath, she pulled herself from the water and shook like a dog to rid herself off the excess water. Then, she froze, something moved not far from her and she flattened herself against the ground. A boy, wearing a shield was standing by the creek, looking around for something.

She let herself drop back into the water quietly, submerging as she swam over to the shore where he stood. Poking her head up, she just watched him, her dark eyes curious as to who he was. Then, when his back was fully turned she would spring out from the water and leap on him.

"Raaaarrrr," she cried out, clawing at his back and shoulders before sinking her teeth into his neck. Though, since her teeth were no sharper than anyone else, all she did was attempt to gnaw on him a bit before getting thrown off. Maybe she drew some blood, maybe not, but she licked her lips as she finished rolling away and turned back to stare at him anyway.

Her attire was soaked through, and her bare skin was covered with pine needles and dirt that stuck to her like glue. Long strands of black hair stuck to her face as she began to circle him again.

Delta 8O8
Karl of Greenmarch
Captain of the 3rd Battalion, hero of the Battle of the Five Passes
Fairbridge township, Keland
Blood and Coin

Though the fire had been out for almost a day, parts of Fairbridge still smoldered. The fire, which started the day before, had claimed almost half of the town's housing, as well as the town hall and the the once elegant, hand carved wooden bridge for which the town took it's name. A long, thin line of ragged men and woman snaked out of the town and down the road for a quarter of a mile before it ended at a wooden table and chair; quite out of place in the middle of a country road. Seated at the table was a middle-aged man with a shaved head wearing a pair of brass-rimmed spectacles flanked by more than a dozen grizzled pikemen and a brutish, armored man with braided hair and two axes strapped to his belt. The man seated at the tabled scribbled something down onto a long piece of parchment and shouted in rehearsed, bored tone "Next!" Another recruit for the Company

Standing behind his scribe, Karl of the Risland province of Greenmarch broke into a wolfish smile. He doubted even Marshal Steel himself could have come up with a more clever recruitment tactic. All it had taken was a few tinderboxes and a handful of captured Xandian uniforms to decrease replenishment from a matter of weeks to a matter of days. With livelihoods destroyed and nothing to return to, Fairbridge had no shortage of people willing to trade their service for coin. Karl suppressed his grin and returned his face to a hard glare as another soot-stained, ragged man shambled forward. Karl noted the man's clothes and the musculature with a quick glance. The man was a farmer, this Karl could tell. He was once a farmer himself, before the Company. The limping farmer made his way slowly up to the table and mumbled , unable to make eye contact with the gathered mercenaries.

"Don't know much about fightin'. Never been outside the town. Can't even spell me own name..."

Karl grunted and took a step forward, resting hands, knuckle down on the table. when he spoke, his voice was scratchy and guttural. "Even a man with nothing may offer his life. Sign him Trainee 46. Next!"

The man shuffled off, too stunned by the scene behind him to fully comprehend what was going on. Karl eased himself back up into a standing position and crossed his hands behind his back as he surveyed the new addition to his battalion. His battalion...he still wasn't used to that. Not very long ago, he was a simple pikeman, one of hundreds in the Battalion. That was before Five Passes, before the Xandians slew Captain Gilard. Karl didn't remember much of the battle after that, though he was told the story more times that he could count. Apparently he had flown into a rage and thrown himself into the center of the Xandian formation, cut down more than a dozen men and retrieved Gillard's corpse. He remembered burying his axe in the head of a screaming enemy officer, splitting his conical half-helm in two. For whatever reason, his mind chose to remember that. After the battle, he learned that half of the 3rd Battalion had perished in the battle along with most of the Company officers and doppelsöldners. He also learned that the survivors had unanimously named him the new Captain.

The next man in line stepped forward, a scrawny lad with shaky legs. Karl scowled but kept his mouth shut as the lad signed his name and shuffled off to his new life. At this rate, he could be back with 1st Battalion in just a few days. That meant more prestige and more loot for him and his men. His gaze drifted past the shambling line of refugees to the smoldering ruin of Fairbridge. Prestige and loot, it was all that mattered.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lord-Captain Wilhelm Kalckreuth
Captain of the 2nd Battalion
Enroute to Boedun, Keland

The grizzled Captain brought his light jennet riding-horse to a stop and observed the three corpses swingeing on a crudely built gibbet by the side of the road. They were once men of his Battalion, now they were crow-food. Two murders and a rapist, inexcusable crimes in this company. Especially when they were so close to a nation's capital. Wilhelm had taken every precaution, the criminals were stripped of their uniforms and the families of the victims were heavily compensated put of Wilhelm's own pocket. Kalckreuth still had quite a few assets from his former life of nobility that he could call on. The Captain gave one last glance to the bodies of his former comrades-in-arms and kicked his horse forward again. He had no time to worry about the dead.

Marshal Harken had given him a very important task before heading off into the heartland with his toadie Pitcairn. Wilhelm was going to complete the Xandian contract. The Xandian sub-commander and two of his lieutenants were lashed together in one of his Battalion's surviving wagons. In order to keep them from escaping, Wilhelm had their legs broken as well. One of the lieutenants did not survive the breaking, but three prisoners should be enough to satisfy lord Kylec. Sweeping a plate gloved hand over his receding hair, the Lord-Captain took a deep breath. Ever since he was forced from the Perland royal court, he had struggled to amass back the power he had lost. The third son of a monir noble and an accomplished Perland commander in his time, Kalckreuth was forced to flee in obscurity following the death of his Lord and Father. The b*****d, Harken, had recognized his talent and drafted him into his mercenary company. Now, being given the responsibility of completing a majot contract and the autonomy of command while replenishing, Wilhelm had a good feeling about his standing in the company. He was not content to simply be a section commander, he saw himself leading his own company, forging his own destiny. But he was a man on the wrong side of forty and he didn't have time to wait. This could be his chance, maybe he would find allies in Lord Kylec's court.

Legionary Ledger:
Legionary Free Company,
"The Lucky Few"
Chartered by: Harken Steel
Company Standard: A black eagle with bloody talons, on a white background trimmed in gold

Roster and Organization:

Marshal: Harken Steel - (1043 men)
-Adjutant: Siegfried The Silent

1st Battalion: Versix Pitcairn - (406 men) 363 Landsknechts, 43 Dopplesolders
-1st Square - (218 men) - Doppelsolder Osman Fehalin
-2nd Square - (188 men) - Doppelsolder Gwerhart, Landsknecht Berhalder

2nd Battalion: Wilhelm Kalckreuth - (352 men) 349 Landsknechts, 13 Dopplesolders
-3rd Square - (184 men)
-4th Square - (178 men)

3rd Battalion: (285 men) : Karl of Greenmarch 240 Landsknechts, 45 Dopplesolders
-5th/6th Composite Square (285)

Reports:

The 1st Battalion is currently operating in Meadowbrook, Keland under the command of Marshal Steel. A contract was accepted to escort a large supply caravan to Davinshire.
-Smoke was sighted from the countryside, scout dispatched
-Convoy has made contact with local garrison
-Dragons...dragons everywhere. Casualty report pending, initial estimates make almost 50 80 dead, 40 deserters.
-Casualty Report: 96 Dead or to injured to fight again. 90 in recoverable states of injury.
-Escort contract to Davinshire completed. Company resting for a few days to recover from battle.

The 2nd and 3rd Battalion are returning to the nearest towns and cities to complete Recruitment and Replenishment. They will remain in reserve until called upon.

-2nd Battalion is currently 2 days from their destination, Keland's capital of Boedun
-Gained 14 new recruits enroute to Boedun.

-3rd Battalion is preforming R&R in Fairbridge, Keland.
-Gained 30 new recruits in Fairbridge.

Honors:
-Battle of the Five Passes

-Battle of the Meadowbrook Road,

Harken and Company

The Lucky Few:
[*****]
Recruitment and Replenishment
[*****]
Siegfried the Silent
[*****] [*****]
Harken Steel
[*****][*****]
Versix Pitcairn
[*****]
Osman Fehalin
[*****]

Mewling Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
User Image
✣ ✤ ✥
Fenris Fairfax
Arganthian Master Scholar
Risland/Keland
COME AT ME

✣ ✤ ✥

Her dark eyes went from the Redeemer before her, to Ascher who approached her, and Thalia who stood without a glint of remorse in her eyes. If it was just her, Glenn, and Joshua against the Inquisitors behind these three, they'd be able to eliminate them with ease. However, these three are formidable opponents for Fenris and her company; practically the perfect balance. Ascher would be a problem with his alchemy, but there's a fine line with mere illusions and reality if one truly knows where that line is drawn. Thalia is just a noble woman with high sword skills, and Fenris believed this Redeemer is the one controlling the chakrams; just a gut feeling. She listened to them trying to give her and the others justice, but Fenris would never fall as low as a Redeemer. That'd be against everything she herself believes in. Their gods aren't hers, and they never will be. She isn't their tool either. They can torture her until she bleeds slowly to death or until the broken bones in her body puncture her organs, but they'll never know what she knows. Even so, they have Ascher, who has ages upon ages of knowledge locked up in that head of his. To be frank, Fenris was honored that two people wanted to spare her, and she wanted to thank them, but the outcome would always be the same nonetheless. If she runs away, they'll be on pursuit to kill her. If she stays, they'll kill her anyways for insulting the Vorsland princess. All those that view alchemy as a heresy always eventually kill those who wield it; it is written everywhere in history books. Since the upbringing, alchemists are viewed as cattle; slaughtered like cattle; treated like cattle. One can be the most influential person this land has to offer, but they'd be viewed as an atrocity and be rid of if they have no use. Fenris gathers her views based on everything she has read, and that is what she has summarized after all these years. However, there is a difference if someone does not wield alchemy and decides to fight alongside it, like her closest friend.

However, Fenris refused to believe that the people before her claimed victory. She refuses to stand down to the Covenant. They mean nothing to her, and never will. Her insults were for her own benefit of knowing more about this religion, and she's getting the answers she wanted. Those who worship this religion have no true morals, just one-sided beliefs. They'll only get in her way. Yet in the end, she won't risk Joshua's and Glenn's safety for her own selfish desires. In this moment, she doesn't know what they want but she did not falter one bit. A soft breeze picked up and Fenris felt the woven hair accessory of feathers brush against her back; the accessory carefully well hidden underneath her hair. Underneath her sleeve rested yet another feather for a more focused spell cast, her fingertips being the indicator where she wants to launch her spell.

As her heart beated rhythmically against her ribcage, there was a rustle of movement behind her. Of course, those opposed automatically stood there ground but Fenris turned her head slightly to see Joshua being the one who moved. They met eyes and he broke contact, his eyes gazing at the Covenant force. Joshua's halberd glinted in the sunlight as his mouth moved to speak. "If you so many grant me an audience, I shall speak on behalf of Lady Fenris Fairfax," His voice was strong and affirmative. "I fear Lady Fairfax had a lack of better words, and I apologize for her lack of terminology, though, if you have not realized, we aren't simple pawns for the Covenant to easily use. Your Gods mean nothing to us, but we acknowledge those whom you worship. I understand that her words have given us a death warrant, but for the lack of better words, we shall face death head on. You underestimate us, despite our small numbers. We view you all as a foe to face, but today is not the day for more blood shed. Today is not the day for more human blood to be shed, though I can see in all your eyes that you want ours to be shed. Unfortunately, I cannot let that happen. There will be a day when we prove you wrong, and a day when blood shall be shed, but let us all review our actions and thoughts. If you were an alchemist who lived everyday knowing there are those who will hunt you down and kill you without a second thought, you'd understand...but you never will, not even those mindless slaves you so use for your own benefit." Fenris was speechless with Joshua's choice of words. In short, he was basically saying what she thought, but in a more formal manner. They won't go as far down as a Redeemer, and will go head on with them one day. "We shall all fight on a day when we have grown stronger, and fight when we have clear minds, not simply out of anger. and not for the joy of blood being spilled, for if you seek nothing but blood shed, you will always live in a world of black and white and won't see that crimson anymore. Thank you, but we shall take our leave," With that said, Fenris looked back at the Redeemer and side stepped, landing a hard kick against his chest. She could see the others starting to run towards them, one especially with amazing speed. Fenris readied herself, but was surprised to feel herself being pulled to the side as Joshua blocked a strike and threw out a black powder. The powder soon engulfed the area entirely in darkness and she was rendered blind entirely. Joshua's hand let go of her wrist and covered her mouth and nose instead as he pushed her to run.

"It'd be best to give them a good night's rest," He whispered into her ear. Fenris nodded and felt him launch out yet another powder. As he pushed her along and they ran in the darkness, Fenris turned her head behind her, seeing nothing but darkness, yet held out the arm wielding the feather and whipped up a small vortex to ensure the sleep powder got everywhere. She didn't quite catch what Joshua and Glenn shouted at each other, but what followed was Glenn's ghoul screeching and a familiar shattering of glass, another screech following afterwards. Fenris felt her neck begin to burn and soon felt something drip; so the Redeemer managed to land a small hit on her without her even realizing it. She unclasped the cloak around her neck and let it drop, giving her better mobility.

She assumed that before the great escape, he and Glenn got a good picture of their surroundings so they'd know where to go, but she was still rendered speechless as he guided her through the darkness. It was unlikely of him to ever step up and speak, let alone act like this without her consent. Yet, it was as if he read her mind perfectly. They were in step perfectly until his speed faltered to a halt and he hoisted her up. She gasped in surprise, especially without his hand around her mouth anymore. Fenris feared to take a breath in case she inhaled any of the sleeping powder. She sat sideways, and recognized the familiar feature of a saddle and the silky mane of a horse. Joshua saddled up behind her and reached around her waist, grabbing the reins and kicking the horse on the side. It neighed loudly, kicking up into a fast gallop. Another sound of galloping followed just by them, and she couldn't tell if it was Glenn or one of the Covenant.

"We make through the forest. They may have been smart enough to identify the horrid smell of sleep powder, but some may have inhaled it. Nonetheless, we'll have a good head start this way, but we must be prepared for them. I shall send a message to Sir Caliburn warning him about this and he shall provide further protection, as well as sending letters out to our loyal allies and supporters.." He trailed off as they left the darkness of his night powder, the light a sudden shock to their eyes. They were now in Keland, going in a direction she couldn't quite identify in her blind state. "But I request you to not trust anyone except those who sworn oath to serve and protect you."

As she readjusted her focus, Fenris saw Glenn mounted on a horse, galloping right beside them. He shot her a cheeky smile and she returned it. Glenn however did have a few wounds on his body that should be treated immediately, that be by the barbarians or the Covenant themselves. They'd be able to follow them, but surely not that far.

V.H. Griffin Chan

Lieutenant Jet

Requiem ex Inferni

xAetea

Company

• Joshua Hartschild
    Magic: Chloromancy
    Fealty: Lady Fenris Fairfax & Sir Alymere Caliburn
    Weapon: A halberd that has a dark handle and a crimson blade. Its metal has an intricate design made of gold, proving this weapon to be rather strong and highly dangerous to be attacked with. He has three throwing daggers tucked alongside his right thigh.

• Glenn Airion
    Magic: Phylomancy
    Fealty: Lady Fenris Fairfax & Sir Alymere Caliburn
    Weapon: A one-handed sword and a shield made of the finest and strongest metal, forged by a renowned blacksmith. Sheathed along his back is a black bow and a quiver filled with arrows made to kill dragons.

✥✥ If knowledge is power...then I have it all... ✥✥
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Sidnemamiwen "Sidney" Water
Titled to Steward Sigmund Grey
Perland - Woodlands surrounding the Misty Gorge Tavern
Just dropping in...

Sidney made no move, allowing the others to talk if they wished but always she was careful to watch for any sign of tenseness in either of the men. But so far, it seemed rather that everyone was mostly at ease. At the talk of visiting the Named "Bark-Tongue", Sidney would laugh heartily.

"Old Bark Tongue, the last time I saw him he was chasing youth from his garden with a decapitated chicken in his hands. Apparently the Stewards received several complaints of children forever haunted by the sight of the old man running around stark naked. He's mighty good entertainment!"

Sidney would turn around, and scan the tree line again before shrugging her shoulders. "If he can help, then a days travel is very little in exchange for useful information. And if you require a deer, I spotted one just through that thicket of trees there," she added, pointing in the direction she had come from. Whether the deer was still there grazing was another matter entirely.

MrPraetor
Gat "Heartseeker" Walker

Solice the Slayer
Eker " Kender" Epister
User ImageL ʏ ɴ :: Tʜᴇ Wᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ :: Convergence, Gateway to the Free Forest
Iɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs :: Ranger Border Patrol; ex-Captain Wilkur Creighon; Balamaethor Calminaion; Eulei Silvarius
Aᴄᴛɪᴏɴ :: Introductions
Dɪsᴘᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴ :: Exasperated

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

All at once Lyn found herself the center of attention, though the one called Bale, short for Balamaethor she assumed, seemed generally disinterested - perhaps he was content to think of her as a harmless wanderer, or more likely he was simply guarded and wanted to take the time to analyze her up close without interacting, which would give him a better objective view of her. His pragmatism though seemed lost on the fiery-haired woman beside him and partially so on her would-be-savior, a man who's name Lyn still didn't know.
Eulei was the first to speak, responding in turn to Lyn's tactlessly given question with nonchalant grace before approaching her as the man in armor pointed out Lyn's lack of subtlety... or verbal quiet with a moniker that Lyn herself thought was quite good - despite it's derogatory meaning.
The question was seconded as Eulei approached - and as she'd given Lyn her name, the teenager couldn't justify refusing to answer, though she did so with a considerable amount more of reluctance than the modestly proportioned woman, who's arms found their way around Lyn's shoulders, the difference in their sizes forcing Eulei to bend or crouch to compensate for the younger girl's awkward height - too tall to be a child, but too short to be an adult, the embrace went without reciprocation, but Lyn felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up as the woman's smell - like a spring breeze and the pines all around them, the mental image of Eulei nude upon her back, those scarlet locks spread out about her head in a bed of leaves made Lyn entirely too comfortable considering her situation.
Keeping her fantasy to herself, she realized she hadn't yet answered their question.

"M'name is Lyn... no fancy title o' tha sort." She responded at last, looking over at Wilkur first then reluctantly lifting her arms to pat Eulei on the affectionate woman's back in hopeful conclusion, as much as she enjoyed the other woman's embrace, she wasn't sure how long she'd care to stay in it while the woman still had her clothes on.

Breaking free of the woman's hands as they ruffled through her ebony tresses, leaving the sound of bells and the rustling of feathers in its wake before Lyn stepped back and away, running her hands through her own locks as if to check to make sure Eulei hadn't done something unbeknownst to her.
The chiming brought Ziiek around, who barked at the girl and lowered his front half, tail whipping back and forth before pouncing, knocking Lyn solidly to the ground before standing over her, nipping at her hands and hair until she got back up. "Off with ye, ahm too tired te play." Lyn responded to the wolf's roughhousing as she brushed herself off, only to find in mid-pounce again.
Better prepared this time, Lyn dodged nimbly to the side, only to be body-checked by the wolf, flattening her out again.

"Can ye not see ahm tryin te have a conversation 'ere? Lyn remarked, exasperated and pushy, she put her weight into shoving the Dire-Wolf at the shoulder, a creature that stood at the shoulder, several centimeters taller than Lyn did straight up, making for an amusing sight, but a gesture that gave the Dire-Wolf the impression.
Huffing his discontent with her, Ziiek circled back around towards Wilkur and Bale for a moment before wandering over to Creighon's horse - evidently enjoying tormenting it - standing one would realize, that the Dire-Wolf was essentially the same size as a horse, a bit shorter on account of the neck, but the height at the shoulder was nearly the same - and Ziiek was all claws, teeth and blood-matted fur.

User ImageKʀɪsᴛ Aᴠᴇʟ :: Mᴀɢɴᴜs Dᴇɪ

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ :: Amidst Inquisition Troops, Northern Fields; Keland
Iɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs :: Inquisitor - Lady Thalia Marsia Vorsaad; Redeemer - Ram Viswanathan; Archivist; Ascher Von Terrorwin; The Lady Fenris Fairfax & companions
Aᴄᴛɪᴏɴs :: Death upon the Horizon
Dɪsᴘᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴ :: Incredulous

What madness was this? A woman without a banner or title arrived at Camp, utilizing her reputation and prior relationship with the Commander and her second? To gain their trust, further integrating their ranks by participating in a scaled, and fairly fierce - if brief battle... only to throw that rapport away without a second thought, threaten a member of the Vorsaad family, to say nothing of the Vorsland Main House Heir's affiliation with the Covenant as an Inquisitor, denounce that very same following, brand herself an unsanctioned Alchemist and outright refuse to even consider becoming a Redeemer in favor of the reality of an execution then and there!
Naturally, Krist had seen even stranger happenstances in his travels to rid the world of Alchemy all together, sanctioned or not, the use of Alchemy was inviting disaster, and while he appreciated the efforts of Redeemers like Otto and Viswanathan, both of whom he knew by reputation. They too would one day meet their end, ideally in some tragic, battle pursuing the cause of driving the last vestiges of magic from the world.
Yet, of all he'd seen and heard that day, it was the response to this audacious, impudent statement that confounded Krist to no end.
Had they all lost their minds?

With the exception of Thalia, who had dutifully and rightfully given the order to execute, Krist could... somewhat justify Ram's intervention as a means to obtaining information, his quickness to carry out the order had forgiven him the brief, however convincing attempt he'd made to spare the woman's life.
Ascher though, was another story entirely.

What an Archivist was doing on the field of battle in the first place was a mystery, following that up with his decision to not only undermine the field commander's order to execute and even go so far as to deflect Viswanathan's blade was about as close to insubordination as a traditionally non-combatant could come without calling it such.
Krist would keep that in mind.

No sooner had the Lady Fenris unceremoniously launched her foot at Viswanathan, ignoring her own claim not to underestimate her opponents, Krist was in motion before Fenris' boot had left the ground, drawing his blade in a sweeping arc meant to sever the woman's head from her shoulders, Krist found his blade caught, if just barely and deflected down the haft of a halberd.
With his attention now upon Joshua, Krist had seen and battled enough Alchemy to know what vial was thrown, and a cover of darkness would never suffice for a getaway as it would fade quickly beneath the onslaught of the midday sun.
The second vial shattered against the ground, but by then Krist had backed well out of the sphere of darkness and while he couldn't see the vapor as it radiated outward - the man was already in retreat and the wind was in his favor, carrying the nature of the sleeping concoction away from him.
The blackness fell away in time to give Krist a view of Fenris and her small company fading into the distance.

He'd have pursued the trio had it not been for the thundering sound footsteps, heavy and pronounced headed their way.
Exhaling his frustration through his nose, Krist smelled the abomination before he saw it, there wasn't a smell quite like that of rotting skin on maggot-infested muscle and fat tissue after all.
While it wasn't a smell that one ever got used to, but Krist was as close to such a thing as was possible, when one dealt in death, the senses became accustomed to the after-effects.

No-doubt the Abomination was large, but it's size made it slow and cumbersome. More than enough to keep the Covenant forces occupied while the dastardly heretics made their escape, but posed little challenge in the face of a true combative assault.
With a brief, but purposeful stride, Krist put himself between the Golem and the Covenant forces that hadn't been so lucky as to remain outside the darkness and following incapacitation potion.

Sheathing his weapon, Krist lowered his stance once again one hand upon the scabbard of his weapon, the other upon the wrapped handle of his curved blade.
The abomination swung low, horizontally and from right to left, aiming to knock Krist aside like an insignificant insect.
At first, the creature might have thought it had succeeded as it's clawed palm passed cleaninly from one side to the other, but as it made to take another step, it would find that not only had it's leg been severed clean off, but it's back was now split open, from above the pelvis to the split of the buttocks, essentially destroying it's ability to move forward.
Unlike the Unfallar, the ghoul was made of flesh, bone and steel - so as long as one avoided the metal bits, it was no different than hacking up a corpse... only more messy.
Turning and climbing aboard the thing's back, Krist slashed ahead of his feet, the tip of his weapon cleanly severing every few vertebrae as he casually walked up the ghoul's back, it's attempts to reach back hindered by the speed and ferocity of Krist's blade, losing fingers on one pass, an entire hand on another till Krist stood above the creature's head.
Crouching, he launched himself into the air as the ghoul reared, turning his body and taking his blade in both hands, he landed before the ghoul, severing the monstrosities head into two halves, and then quartered it before the abomination's skull hit the ground.

V.H. Griffin Chan
Lieutenant Jet
feyleina
Requiem ex Inferni

Prodigal Demigod

In the company of:: Merlianna Vess.
Thoughts:: "Why don't we get a little more... Comfortable."

Ƞ℮pℎỿríạ Áℓℯạ Ɠạℓạⱱạℓ
Đæϻοηιοṩ

When Merlianna took the hand that had been offered, a wave of euphoria washed over the noble woman's face. Nephyria saw the woman's eyes close, and a shiver move through her body, it was something akin to a look of ecstasy. The woman stood with the assistance she was provided, informing Nephyria that her residence was nearby, and that the privacy would be appreciated. The noble woman's voice was laced with a tone of desire, a hint of arousal tugged at the edges of her words. A seductive smile pulled at the corners of her lips, "After you, my Lady."

The eyes of several inebriated men followed the two women as the moved to exit the building; one brave soul stood, as if trying to approach them in an attempt to join in whatever fun they might have later on. Nephyria met the man's gaze as he moved to step towards them, the look in her pale jade eyes telling the man to sit back down; despite his drunken state, he seemed to have noticed the look she had in her eyes, the look that she would kill him if he approached further, and went back to sitting at the table from whence he came, a disappointed look fell upon his face and those seated with him laughed at his failed attempt.

The walk to Merlianna's residence was silent, and uneventful. She followed closely behind the widowed woman; it was only a couple minutes from the tavern to the extravagant home of the noble woman. Nephyria glanced up at the home, as they approached a guard at the door opened the large blackened oak doors and greeted the Lady Vess. She dismissed his greeting and entered, motioning for her to enter as well. Then she ordered to not be disturbed the rest of the evening, the guard obliged the order then closed the door behind Nephyria.

Once inside, the woman surveyed her surroundings, taking note of all the windows on the lower level, just in case things didn't go as planned and she had to make a hasty escape. However, Nephyria didn't think something like that was likely to happen, not with Merlianna. As she finished scanning the area, she turned her attention back to the woman in her presence. The expression on her face hinted at the interest she had for the woman in front of her; her eyes denoted a faint level of arousal, her lips pulled into a suggestive smirk.
"Lady Vess, now that we are within the safety of your own home, how would you like to proceed?"

V.H. Griffin Chan

Eloquent Streaker

User ImageBalamaethor "Bale" Calminaion
First Ranger of the Rangers-in-Exile
Convergencce, gateway to the Free Forest
planning his next course of action

Bale shrugged his shoulders at Wilkur's comment. "All you had to do was follow the road to the main gate. I'd already told the guards you were coming and where to send you to find me. I'll admit that threatening a girl for an illegal border crossing is excessive, though given it's the border shared with an enemy who still wants me and mine dead, it's understandable. And a single direwolf, while dangerous, is no threat to a dozen well-armed, well-trained Rangers. Though I'm inclined to believe this particular wolf is.....less of a threat." Indeed, the direwolf seemed content to do little but play with the girl, who named herself as Lyn, though the blood on its fur indicated it was still very much a predator.

"In any case, Eulei is correct. Those who dwell in the Free Forest do so because they wish to make their own destiny. What you do from here on in is your own choice, Captain, but you've seen the same nightmares as me. I don't think it's coincidence that two people who have never met, who share nothing in common except martial training and alchemical prowess, would be brought together and bound by the same hellish images."

"I ride for Aldaris tomorrow. The Alderman's Council must be warned of what has happened so proper preparations can be made. You are welcome to come with me. Both of you,"
he said, looking to Lyn as he said the line. He need not say it to Eulei; she was a Ranger-in-Exile, she would follow him whether he ordered her to or not. "Where you go from there, that is your choice, but I believe destiny has something planned for us all, and I believe our destinies are bound to one another."

He normally didn't resort to such theatrical speech, but he meant it. Something was coming; he could feel it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User ImageRedeemer Ram Viswanathan
farmlands of Meadowbrook; Keland
"Archivist, get that horse's license plate number. We're gonna kill the b***h."

Ram nearly lashed out when the blade tapped his own down, and only barely relaxed when he saw it was Ascher. If his words had surprised the Archivist, his support of Ram's position surprised Ram even more. He had expected Thalia's pet to disagree with him, to rant and rave about him "daring to question an Inquisitor's commands", but he actually agreed with him?

Maybe not everyone in the Covenant was so blinded by dogma as the Vorsaad heiress.

Before any response could be made, however, his world plunged into darkness. He knew right away what it was - too many chloromancers had tried using night powder on him before. Unfortunately, the momentary distraction of the smokescreen was enough for Fenris to land a solid kick to his chest. Though he remained standing, the impact struck his diaphragm, causing it to spasm; the air exploded out of his lungs. He still managed to make a swing at Fenris, but felt only the slightest connection as his blade failed to score a solid hit; he'd likely only grazed her.

Ironically, her kick knocking the wind from him prevented him from inhaling the sleeping powder that hit next. Remaining calm, he reached for his belt pouch and produced two feathers. The first was used to produce a short, sudden void effect beneath him. As the void collapsed, it produced a small burst of air which dissipated the cloud of powders. Unfortunately, this would include a loud bang as the air rushed in, producing a miniature thunderclap; not enough to cause permanent hearing damage, but enough to disorient anyone close by for a few seconds. This is where his second feather came in; he produced an impel effect on himself, rocketing backwards out of the cloud before the void collapsed.

Once he was clear of the cloud, he began a breathing exercise meant to stop the spasms wracking his diaphragm. This wasn't the first time he had been winded by an opponent, and he had learned this technique for such occasions. After a few seconds, his breathing returned to normal, though he continued inhaling deeply to make up for the air lost during his time in the cloud. Looking around, he could see that the ploy had worked; there was no sign of Fenris or her followers anywhere.

"Run while you can, Lady Fenris," he muttered to himself as he sheathed his talwar. "There is no place you can hide that I will not find you." He then turned back to the crowd of Inquisitors who were struggling with the sleeping powder they had inhaled. He was half tempted to use controlled void effects to forcibly remove the powder from their lungs; it would not be pleasant, but it would be effective.

He decided against it. The fools could sleep for all he cared; he wasn't wasting any more catalyst today.

2,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image
Davinshire, Keland
One thing lead to the other and....

The woman walked a bit more, probably been followed by her guest eyes, until in a blink of an eye she was gone from sight, Merlianna discretly casted a rarefaction spell, then she moved silently to where Nephyria was, dispelling the spell once she was right behind her "Perhaps we could remove this armor of yours?" she made a pause, the sorceress hands began looking for the leather straps holding the armor together, obviously her fingers touched a bit more than that.

The woman was curious, more specific, she wanted to find out if she had a mark just like hers, and well, if that lead the way into a more lustful night, she was all in for it, how long since she had any contact of this sort with a person? she didn't care about gender, she had have both and way more perverted experiences and this Nephyria, she was very much like her.

Not to mention a little foreplay may open up Nephyria's secrets, you never know.

Her fingers located the straps and began undoing any ties, her lips were close to Nephyria's ear, by now the guest probably understood Merlianna could use magic, and her little gauntlet probably had detected Merlianna's amulet and her half dreadking blood, now the question was, how will Nephyria react to Merlianna's adavances?

User Image

Inhospitable Veracity

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas