Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mysterious Friend

Sage turned around to face the man and smiled as he listened to wait for the man to finish before he would speak up. "I have no interest in titles, I just want to fight strong opponents." Pausing for a moment as his silver eyes took in the man he was talking to. "Hand to hand fighter?" His right hand went to his cloak as he began to undo the latches.

Snapping the last latch he moved backwards then rapidly forwards to make the cloak fall off his shoulders behind him as it hit the ground with a thud as if someone just dropped weights on the floor. Under the cloak he wore a silver sleeveless shirt and slightly baggy black pants that allowed free movement. He had on boots though he bent down to remove them. Leaving them by the cloak as they was also weighted somewhat. Along his left forearms chains could be seen wrapped around them like arm guards.

"The presence you have is strong as well I wouldn't mind fighting you, however I think for the time being I will just watch those two fight."Moving away from the door way walking around the wall to find a nice seat where he would sit down and watch the two fighting closely. He had no intention of fighting even though he got rid of his weighted clothing that was for traveling through harsh weather.

Dangerous Businessman

's**t.'

WHAM!

A
s Dzaek moved up and out of reach, him following sight of the elemental and being a bit glad he got that staff distracted him from the cunning of Dzaek. The flying knee prove successful. The knee busted him right in the center of his face, breaking his nose and awarding the champion first blood. Bishop took two steps back before planting his feet firmly into the ground. This was the moment when Dzaek would have been passing him and hopefully moving towards landing as he was in the process of withdrawing the blade to his back. Turning sharply on his heels as he allowed one end of the staff to align with the left elbow, the length stretching up his forearm to where he grasped it, the remaining length being using in the next attack as he spun, aiming to hit Dzaek where he was hopefully landing. The bad news was, Bishop's eyes were watering and his vision blurred from his swelling tear ducts. Becoming semi blind and being his in the face tickled him much of the wrong way.

As he aimed to his the elemental with his own weapon, his right thumb held the red button down on the hand of the mace, allowing the chain to retract. Once the process finish, the mace head would be resting atop of the handle of the mace once more, just as it was moments ago.

Deathly Codger

User Image

Hand to hand? The man smiled, "Something like that." He saw Sage make a few sudden movements; removing his cloak, kneeling to his boots. Expecting a possible attack, the thin man didn't move or get into stance, but something else happened. The rain around him began to slow down, and the water dripping down his body slowed to a halt. It seemed as if everything around the man was paused, ready to act, but then when Sage began to stand up and did not appear to be attacking, he let out a breath and all the water fell back at its regular speed. Sage might have noticed; might not. It didn't make much difference to the man. He watched Sage walk away, declining a fight. It was not the Four's way to demand a challenge so he watched him go, "Well, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities. This is a sacred place. You will find what you seek here.." And the man walked towards the open doors of the Cathedral.

Deathly Codger

User Image

WHAM!

FIRST BLOOD

The knee connected, and Dzaek sailed over the Meta. Another small gust of wind turned Dzaek around so he would land facing Bishop. Wind elementals tended to have sort of airy, floaty movements, able to easily jump over ten feet in a bound, and farther than normal. So he should still be well out of range of-

"!"

His own staff was suddenly flying at him. He knew the mace would have been too slow to bring around before he landed, but Bishop had already taken his staff and was swinging it around wildly. Dzaek hadn't drawn his blade yet, and for now he let it go, bringing both empty hands forward. He moved to catch the staff, but kept his elbows bent, and when they impacted, he didn't try a full stop. He bent his arms, applying increasing counterpressure but moving back with the blow, absorbing the strength over distance. Still, as strong as Bishop was, it slid Dzaek back, his boots digging into the ground until the end of his arc. Then, as Bishop was disoriented, he strengthened his grip on his staff, holding close to his end of the weapon to give him the most leverage to make up for strength. "Thanks" as he forced the weapon down and away from his body. Bishop held it in his left hand, so Dzaek would force the staff so that, if Bishop held it, it would wrench his arm away and back towards his left shoulder. It would extend Bishop's arm and rob him of most of his leverage, and eventually would drag him off balance if he held on. Meanwhile, where was that mace?

Dangerous Businessman

TehKouga

Impact had been made, though not as he had hoped for. Instead of hitting him with the staff, he caught his staff, with both hands. It would seem where he trumped his opponents in strength, his opponent trumped him in speed and agility. No matter, he wouldn't count himself down or out just yet. Though he still couldn't quite see more than a blurry blob, at least he could tell where his opponent was. When he would move to wrench the staff free of Bishop's grasp, he would simply let go. His hand would snap around behind himself, where his thumb would release a strap that was snapped to hold his 'pistol' in place. Grasping the pistol in hand, he would bring it around and immediately aim it at Dzaek. Depressing the trigger, he released the only sort of ammo the gun could. Though it had infinite ammo, it wasn't fatal by it's lonesome in the least.

Sonic Pulse Pistol
This 'pistol' is capable of firing off extremely high-power sound waves can disrupt and/or destroy the eardrums of a target and cause severe pain or disorientation. This is usually sufficient to incapacitate a person. Less powerful sound waves can cause humans to experience nausea or discomfort. The use of these frequencies to incapacitate persons has occurred both in counter-terrorist and crowd control settings.The possibility of a device that produces frequency that causes vibration of the eyeballs, and therefore distortion of vision. This pistol is must recharge between shots. When fired, the pulse is roughly the size of a baseball and as it travels up to three meters away it becomes the size of a basketball before dispersing. The speed of these sonic pulses equate to 40mph.
[Note: This weapon's effects last for a total of two posts, The first post being direct effects and the second post being residual or lingering effects. The recharge time of said weapon is four posts. If the opponent takes a total three hits from this weapon, it is very likely that they will experience bursting of the eardrums and incapacitation.]

The produced sonic wave would explode towards Dzaek. The discharge had a light and strange noise, though the wave itself was silent. The only safe method of not being harmed by this thing was evasion. Blocking the waves would require 10 millimeters of rubberized silicon, or 10 meters of concrete. Neither of which Dzaek seemed to possess.

Deathly Codger

User Image

Dzaek was expecting an immediate follow up with the mace or some other attack. Bishop let his staff go, so Dzaek took a shuffling backstep, fixing his grip on the staff and getting back into stance. He was ready. Ready for the mace, or a charge, or - What was that he's holding? Is that a gu-

ARGHHAFFFKK!!

Suddenly his vision distorted and his head felt like someone was trying to broadcast a foreign radio station between his eyes. He hadn't seen a projectile, but he had felt its effects. Dzaek took several steps back, his ears ringing, and around him the wind swirled harshly, but disjointed, not strong enough to actually move anything but kept blowing the rain around him every which way. He could only hope that Bishop would take the time to recover from his blindness and disorientation as well, giving both fighters a chance to get back into position.

Dangerous Businessman

Success. Bishop had managed ot stick him with that damn pulse. As annoying as it was, it'd be harder to hit him with it a second time. Holstering the gun once more, Bishop idled though his vision was over halfway recovered by now. Just a bit longer and he would be able to see. The best part was he would be able to see before Dzaek would be able too. And the ringing in Dzaek's ears would knock out some of his hearing, the rain pouring outside aiding Bishop in blocking sound. He had two option, attack, or focus his energy. The second option seemed better to him. Staying put, he would merely acquire charged energy by focusing. Dzaek had found himself a lucky break from an early end to the fight. Bishop would be pissed had this been his only chance.

Quote:
Charges: 1
S.P.Pistol Cooldown Posts Remaining: 3

Sonic Pulse Effect Posts: 1/2

OOC: I'm gonna call it a night. 3:30AM. I'll probably be up in like 5 hours.
Totally loving this fight. Haven't felt this challenged by half the peeps I roleplay fight.

Deathly Codger

User Image

His vision was beginning to focus, but he knew he was at the disadvantage here. Instead of trying to fight through it, he would channel his energy elsewhere. He drew back, closing his eyes. He shifted into a wide, low stance with his hands back at the 1/3 and 2/3 marks on the staff, held low and level.

Around them, the air came to a standstill. The rain still fell, he had no control over that, but the air itself came to a halt. The rain fell straight down, uniform and even, for a good fifteen feet or so around them. He tried to listen; the rain had gathered in puddles, so any charge would be a give away even with his muffled hearing. With his mind disoriented as it was, he couldn't even take the time to charge energy. The ringing was just starting to fade, and he waited, focusing on keeping his breathing calm. He was stone still, could have been mistaken for an expertly carved statue.

He waited...

[Goodnight. Good start - keep it up tomorrow.]

Dangerous Businessman

At last, his vision had cleared up. Though he was fine standing within the edge of the confines of the cathedral. At least within these walls Dzaek would limit his usage of powers in order to not damage the building he had such a healthy attachment too. With a s**t eating grin on his face, exposing his chrome teeth, he continued to idle in place. The longer his opponent let him, the more charge he would acquire. Hell for all he knew this would be his only chance to do so. And so he continued to gather his energies, preparing for when they came at one another again Lifting his left arm up, he finally wiped the blood from his nose onto his hand wraps.

He still lacked any words. He merely tried to remember his last fought round of The Grand Tournament...where he whooped up a wind mage. Big difference here was that this was no wind mage, this was an elemental. This was a whole new ball game. surely he would think of something, he always did. By now he should have proven two things; One was that he obviously had no training in orthodoxed style, the other was that despite his demeaner and lack of 'proper skill', he was capable of holding his own. That said, he may not look it, but his mettle matched that of every other warrior in this room, if not even surpassing at least one of them.

Quote:
Charges: 2
S.P.Pistol Cooldown Posts Remaining: 2

Sonic Pulse Effect Posts: 2/2

Dangerous Prophet

Samuel

Long ago when this place had been all but abandoned, a single individual had graced its land. He had not set foot back here in some time, but had always kept a watchful eye on the premises.

Now once again thick studded combat boots thudded across the dirt and dust. Dead white eyes peered over the unholy ground with no expression. Samuel...had come home.

He had been a Legend here, infamous among the original walkers he had been apart of. Slowly his Legend had died out but he cared not for titles or poems, only that life had returned. Dirt whipped up in a cold wind and bashed against his black loosely cut jeans, he cared not. Chilled air bit at his Naval jacket that he had loosely thrown onto his body, it did not bother him. The 6'6" behemoth had been described by many as a machine, calculated and emotionally when being stared down in a fight. But to those who knew him well he was but a soft heart seeking to help all he could.

Now the great Teacher had returned and with him a plethora of power and knowledge. His simple rough clothing and large frame did well to portray his immense power. The ground gently shook as he moved, air rippled and grew thick, like blood. His black skin shined in the light of the day, covered in thousands of gray tattered scars.

Yes, he felt at home.....

And he knew his home well, thus he stayed on the edge of the tree line, near a boulder that he was famous for sitting on. Today he leaned against it...and watched the bouts going on around the field.

Deathly Codger

User Image [Hero]

Dzaek's vision cleared and the ringing stopped. Oh good. Across from him, Bishop had taken the time to charge up energy and prepare for him. This put Dzaek had quite the disadvantage. He let the air return to its normal movement. He could start charging but it would simply put him behind, so instead he moved to the offensive.

He dashed forward as one hand moved to his waist. Drawing three weighted throwing knives with his left hand, the staff in his right, he brought the wind up and around him. His threw his hand out and the knives flew through the air, and they curved towards him, all three centered around his lower torso. Then with a subtle trick of the wind, two of the knives arched up, one towards his left shoulder, the other to the right side of his ribcage. Behind them, Dzaek followed, now spinning his staff with both hands, gathering momentum in the weapon.

[When did we end up inside? The fight started outside and I don't remember us going back in.]

[Also: Samayou, you and I have had encounters in the past. I have not always approved of your characters or your method of play; behave and I will try to put that behind us. Step out of line, and you'll be black listed before you can blink.]

Angelic Seeker

9,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Entering into the new stage, coming to place was a mere accident, however it did not signify that this could be fate's doing as well. Whatever the cause, the only thing is to move on and either accept or deny what future awaits.

Though, a little curiosity does not hurt, the figure known as Lysander entered into the fields of battle where he could already detect hints of fights going on. But none of the fights were really gaining his attention, but rather a single figure who leaned on to a boulder. Approaching the figure, only to find out that this man was a giant, however his size did not really put much of a shock, not that he was used to it, but rather just nothing really fazes him, nothing yet.

After coming to around fifty feet way from the boulder. Lysander stopped his approach and turned his attention to the town, gazing upon the citadel. It was an impressive structure, appearing to have held its ground for ages.

(Hey all, this seems like a fun place)

Deathly Codger

User Image
[Shockingcat]

No one tended to notice Wade; he was only 5'8 and had a thin, lanky build. A sort of glazed look in his eyes, too. Especially compared to the mountain of a man that Lysander had noticed, Wade tended to fade into the background. So it was no surprise that this newcomer should walk right past him. It was still raining, a torrential downpour, but Wade had nothing to shield himself from the elements. He was soaking wet, and he seemed to rather enjoy himself. He did not have any weapons, and since his clothes were sticking to his skin, he had no way to conceal any. He took a few quiet steps behind Lysander, "The Cathedral of Our Lady of Chartres. Hell's Stride. It's quite a sight, isn't it?"

[Since I don't know when the others will return, here is something to start with]

Dangerous Prophet

TehKouga

[Also: Samayou, you and I have had encounters in the past. I have not always approved of your characters or your method of play; behave and I will try to put that behind us. Step out of line, and you'll be black listed before you can blink.]

((?????????? We have ???? Dude it's whateves bro. I mean yes I know my characters status and he is not popular with everybody but I have always tried to play him fair. Here will be no different. I honestly have never had a problem with you so long as I am not judged un-fairly it's all good with me. sweatdrop Where is Habitual by the way is she running this one or did someone take over? ))

Angelic Seeker

9,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lysander slightly turned his head, enough so that he could catch a glimpse of the person trying to give small talk. "Its something to look at it." he responded, before taking his attention back to the Cathedral, it would possibly make for a better sight if it wasn't for the rain coming down. "So, how can I help you? Strangers don't walk up to strangers with no reason aside from foolishness." If the man wanted something, it was best to spit it out now, otherwise time was just being wasted.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff