Welcome to Gaia! ::

Camp Counselor

10,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As soon as Rivers had Tarik distracted, Jukka stepped towards Aiden and stood in front of him. "Mayor Aiden," he addressed the man in a bit of a hushed tone. He didn't mind if the others heard him, however, he needed to keep Tarik out of the loop for a moment. "I have something that I think may have gotten away from one of your secretaries." He reached into his pocket and pulled out the folded note, then handed it over to the fire beast. "It's concerning Tarik. I found it on the street on my way over here."

The note said.

Aiden,
I was taken captive today by a Miss Rosalyn. I performed a sugery on her and then she proceeded to turn me into a frog and kidnap me. I would surely have been eaten, if it were not for Dr. Alappassi. While he did manage to save me, I believe that he damaged his ankle further. Please, if you could, send someone to his home and check on him. I know he will continue to try and work, so perhaps you could have a word with him? He listens to you.
Thank you.
Dr. Williams.

Camp Counselor

10,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Location: Outside of city hall.// Mood: Agitated.// With: The re-build crew.

Tarik stared at Rivers for a moment. With a bit of hesitance, he reached his hand out and shook hers, then returned it back to his crutches. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Rivers. While I appreciate the gesture, I will be fine taking care of the injury on my own." Tarik wasn't sure what kind of healing abilities that Rivers had. However, he knew that he would have to cut himself open at some point. Yes, Tarik was that prideful. He was so prideful, that he would cut his own leg open before letting anyone else touch it. It was a stupid theory, but he wasn't about to back down and let someone else take care of him. That was his job! He would peace back the stray bits of bone on his own, without any help from anyone else.

His attention was then caught by Atramos. "Ah, yes. Hello, Atramors. I have rested plenty but now I must come out of my house and do my share of the work. I will be perfectly fine sitting at the desk and helping with blueprints. I am not the kind of person who can sit at home all day on the couch. It just doesn't work that way for me."

Ooc:

Miaiko's Widow

Alien Waffles

10,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Waffles! 25
                        xxx * x Ӻɪʀϵ ɃϵдȿϮ xxx M A Y O R _ A I D E N _ P Y R A L I S xx ━━━━━━━━━━

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                        xxx
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx XX LOCATION:City Hall || FEELING:Businessman || COMPANY:Villagers xx

User Image

"Very well. I appreciate your willingness to help."

The mayor turned back around to face everyone who had gathered and beamed at all of them. Excitement swelled inside of him again as the possibilities became endless. It was a better turnout than he expected. There were a few faces missing, but he expected them to arrive at any moment. He decided to go ahead and address everyone.

"Thank you, everyone, for making it out here today. This town is more than a place - it is our home. There is much to do to repair what damage has been done. The schoolhouse needs to be rebuilt, the restaurant needs to be renovated, and we need memorials for those who have lost their lives."

After his short speech, Jukka approached Aiden with a folded up note in his hand. The mayor read it over quickly before staring out over the crowd, trying to think if he had met a Rosalyn yet. The name did not seem familiar. He would have to keep an eye out and listen to the word on the street in case anyone else also suffered being victim of witchcraft. The end of the note mentioned Tarik. Sure enough, just as the note said, there was Tarik being his stubborn self. Why was he even at the gathering in that condition? Before starting, he would have a talk with the doctor and try his best to get him to stay home to recover.

"Thank you, Jukka." Aiden pocketed the note before nodded to the shapeshifter and turning his attention back to the small crowd. "We have a few options on how to go about the reconstruction. We could all split up and tackle a different project, or we could all focus on one. I would like to hear what everyone would prefer to do."

The firebeast stood up straight, peering out over all of the faces. One particular face stood out to him over all the others. The face belonged to a tall man with large black and orange wings. He was a peculiar fellow and seemed vaguely familiar to him for some reason, even though he could not recall ever meeting him before. The mayor's crimson eyes narrowed as he tried to figure out where he had seen the man before, but to no avail. Shrugging it off, but still feeling a little unease, he looked around at everyone else, waiting to hear their thoughts on how to proceed.

(( OoC: There we go. smile ))

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                            Quote:

TimeKeys's Waifu

Beloved Phantom

11,725 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

Kyrie Temes

Build it, Craft it, Break it, Fix it, Scan it, Plan it, then Upgrade it.

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

☣Kyrie frowned noticably at Jaxon's comment. " If I had been truly aiming at you, you would be shot." she said, as she walked back to the forge and began to inspect the small parts on the floor. "I was not aiming at you, I was aiming forward, with the clear intent of NOT hitting you." she said as she picked up a metallic ring and attached it to her rifle. It would need some kind of magnifying glass to become an actually scope, but at least she could use it. Once she felt confident about her weapon, she piked up her basket filled with what was left of the scrap metal gifted to her. "I'll just need a quick stop at home and then I'll be ready." she then considered the positioning suggested by Jaxon. Considering a head on attack, Kyrie would prefer to be in the back, as far from the encounter as possible so as to shoot from a safe distance. However, this plan placed her in the middle, an equal distance from both front and back. With the plan decided she ran back home as fast as she could manage and dropped of the spare metal, and gathered a few food items from her pantry to carry with her, including the rum. Once her bag was full of necessary things, she locked up and exited the building, hoping Roxie and Jaxon hadn't left without her.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Code it, Start it, Play it, Learn it, Wreck it, Patch it, then Update it.

(Neko).The.Rabid,(Kitten)

Miaiko

Vestere's Queen

Eloquent Elocutionist

User Image
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxѴΊӃɅ
"So I begin to trust in my instinctive feelings... To live in truth and harmony."

xx

Duran was being very hospitable. This was weird to the blue-feathered woman. She kept checking back at him ready for him to snap and try to punch her or something of the like. No, instead, he just casually drank his tea and insisted she drank hers. Vika held her cup shyly and moved her eyes away from the male, as he seemed to be doing to her, and quietly drank the rest of the cup.

She met with Duran at the doorway. He paused. Vika eyed him suspiciously. Duran seemed nervous about something. What? If she didn't know better she could've sworn there was some redness to his high cheeks. Then again perhaps that was some refracted light from his brilliant red hair. Vika looked at Duran softly with her blue gaze, until suddenly his big meaty hands came at her. They reached for her chest and Vika snarled, raising her hand ready to land a slap clear across that red-head of his! The nerve! His generosity was false and he, just like every other man, only wanted one thing! Sickening--

Huh? Vika blinked in surprise at the tug of her shirt fabric. Her eyes fell downwards to watch his large, thick fingers daintily button up her blouse. Vika had forgotten about it already! Duran wouldn't look at her as he walked on. She just stared at him from the doorway, now clutching her shirt close and covering her chest. The harpy's heart was racing. Having him touch her so close to her girls really riled something up. She didn't know what to feel.

There was no need to make a deal out of it, as Duran obviously wasn't, and the giant was already quite aways ahead. He motioned back to her and Vika gasped quietly. "Oh...!" She whispered, then quickly darted after him. Vika resumed her place by Duran's side, just a little behind, walking cautiously. As a free spirit, she never followed trails. She was watching the ground the entire time studying how the grass had been worn down by human trafficking when Duran had stopped up ahead of her. She was only a few steps behind him so as she kept going forward, Vika bumped into the giant lightly. The harpy quickly looked back up and slunk her head between her shoulders while shrouding herself in her protective wing shelter. She looked up at Duran shyly with glistening blue eyes.

"O-Oops..." She giggled embarassed. "Sorry. Didn't know you stopped." Looking past him, which was difficult, considering he was 7'2'', Vika noticed they had arrived in the Haven.

"Oh!" She exclaimed. "We're here..." Just like this had been the last time she had seen Duran. Where she had taken him to this place. Though at the time, the town was being destroyed with a bone tower in the center of it. Vika looked around suspiciously, almost expecting to see it, or the horrific remains of it.

Over Heaven's Sweetheart

Mythical Demigod

15,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Regular 100
xxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~~~~~~ Ίɳ Șσмɳιѕ Ѵєяιтαѕ ~~~~~~
Ίɳ Dяєαɱѕ Țнєяє ιѕ Țяυтн

The monochrome eyes of the dream eater didn't miss the expression Aiden had given him. In fact, Vexx smiled at the mayor. He had met the ruby eyed man in the dream world and practically loathed him as much as The Village itself. Slowly, he raised his hand.
          "I have a suggestion, Mayor Aiden. Down the path by the cafe stands a lone and broken building. My suggestion is to turn the large structure into a church of sorts with no specific deity in mind, but rather a place to stand for hope, and so that the residents may have a safe place to offer prayers of their own beliefs," he said coolly as he put his hand down. The 6' 7" dream eater stood there with a smile on his face and his voice was meant to be soothing as he tried to keep the menacing aura he carried with him down.

OOC: Muahahahaha~】

EVERYONE

Naughty Master

10,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
⋮⋮⋮ℒ𝔦𝔰𝔞 ℳℯŧ𝔷𝔤ℯ𝔯⋮⋮⋮

╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫╫

Even though the bakery was filled with wonderful smells and one person stopped by, the whole place seemed oddly quiet. The door to the oven squeaked a little and bounced as it was dropped open. With some oven mitts, she removes the pans and brings them out to the counter. She first removes one glove and pushes down on the cupcake. The edges are pulled off, it's spongy. The texture and baking is just right. After allowing them to cool just enough, she gets the frosting and stuffs it into a bag. With the pastry bag, she then swirls the smooth yet crunchy frosting on top of the cupcakes so that it melts into the tops just enough not to be runny and not to be too separate. In all this preparation there was no one coming into the building, but she could see a couple of people walking in a particular direction. Eventually she folded her mitts on the counter and walked over to the door, catching the attention of a passing person.

"What's going on? Where's everyone going?"
"You don't know?"
"Kinda why I asked, bro."
"Oh. Um. Yeah. Must be new. Anyway, there is rebuilding being done in parts of the town that were burned. We're going to city hall."
"Well that stinks. Thanks."

And with that, she let the door close finally. Upon turning around, she looked back at the cupcakes that were sitting in their little pans. None had paper, because she forgot. It's a shame that the little beauties would go to waste like that. She paused for a long moment and then a little light popped up above her head. The humanoid walked over to the counter and picked up the pink-frilly little apron and put it on. It definitely wasn't her taste. In fact, she had sewn an apron back in the day she liked a great deal better. After she gets her first few coins, she'd try to get herself a hand-sewn apron once again that more closely showed her personality. The one she wore now had three, tiered levels with cupcakes all over the entire surface.

Upon finding a couple of silver trays, she gets them all loaded up with the cupcakes and gets those set down in the little red wagon. From there she goes to the fridge and opens it up, shifting through it until she found lemons. With lemons and sugar and water she mixes up a couple batches of lemonade that find it's way into the wagon as well. With everything ready, she goes to the front door and flips the sign to closed. A locked door and squeaky, shaky wheels moving down the street later and she was on her way.

Now, no matter how loud she is, the larger the crowd the smaller her voice gets. As she comes slowly walking up the road, she can see the people all around the city hall. With each step she takes she can feel herself just shrinking inward. So many people. So many creatures. Inside there was some fear, some doubt, some nervousness, and mixed inside of this was awe at just what she was now part of. It was something so big, yet so small. Faceless in the crowd, she scoots her way bashfully to the outter ring, straining to hear from where she was. And despite her feeling of alienation, she felt the need and desire to help out. Conflicted with these emotions in silence and without acknowledgment, she stays quiet and doesn't bring any attention to herself nor to the fact that she brought things to share with the people who were there. She just tightens her body up, brings her feet and hands inwards towards herself and apologizes quietly to people who bump into her as being in their way.

⋮⋮⋮Heaven's Not Enough⋮⋮⋮

⋮⋮⋮You Think You've Found It⋮⋮⋮

⋮⋮⋮And It Loses You⋮⋮⋮

Position: Bakery - City Hall
Company: Alone - Crowd
Feeling: Curious - Determined - Awe - Mixed Emotions - Small

Divorced Tycoon

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Rivers was concerned about the doctor, she had known many stubborn men in her life and usually she would end up winning them over. She was just about to start arguing with the man when the dark figure from earlier joined the conversation. Rivers listened to Tarik and the mans exchange, but turned her eyes to find Jukka. The mayor had just given a little speech and there was Jukka in front of him, handing the note over. Then Aiden had turned and addressed the crowd again asking for suggestions.

Rivers did not have anything to say to the Mayor, or the crowd and Dr. Tarik was not going to let her help, she turned her attention back to the doctor and his companion and simply nodded to both of them. "Dr. Tarik, I'll be around if you feel like you want help, I'll happily oblige, but I'm not going to beg for the opportunity to ease your pain. It was nice to meet you, I'm going to go listen to what is going on."
Rivers left the company of the doctor and the scaled winged man, and was heading towards Jukka when a cold and slimy voice spoke out, sending chills down her spine. Rivers turned and looked into the eyes of the man who's voice had just made her feel ill. There she saw him towering over the crowd, orange and black hair, with matching wings, the physical embodiment of nightmares. Rivers kept her eyes on him and backed toward Jukka slowly reaching her hands out behind her till she made contact with her favorite shape shifter. She grasp his hand lightly and and finally turned her back on the tall man who made her so very uncomfortable. Standing again next to Jukka she smiled up at him. "Hi." she shifted a little, and dropped Jukka's hand. They were in a crowd and she did not want to come off as clingy. Rivers spoke to him in a low voice. "Doctor Tarik did not want my help, he does seem very stubborn. I told him I'd be around if he changed his mind." She looked up at Aiden and Era on the stage and tried to forget about the man with black and orange hair behind her.

((OOC. TOO MANY PEOPLE!))

Miaiko's Widow

Alien Waffles

10,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Waffles! 25
                        xxx * x ɗɈɪиɳɩ xxx R O X A N N E _ K A T I M A xx ━━━━━━━━━━

xxx
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx XX LOCATION:Her Forge || FEELING:Confrontational || COMPANY:Tall Man with Red Hair xx

User Image

Roxanne watched as the young elf left the forge without them, heading to her home for a few last-minute things. The woman frowned, slightly irritated that she did not wait until they were all heading out. They could have waited for her! Would it be such a terrible thing if they knew where she lived? Roxanne turned to face Jaxon while shaking her head.

"Impatient b***h," she mumbled, ignoring the fact that she had been even more impatient to get going than Kyrie was. Roxanne swept her area with her eyes to make sure she had everything they would need and that no open flames were left lit. Once she was sure everything was a-okay, she placed a hand on Jaxon's arm as she walked forward, lightly moving his arm as a signal to move. "Let's go."

Their next stop was the market to grab some food. As the pair walked along the roads, it seemed like mostly everyone was in front of City Hall to hear what Aiden had to say. Perfect. Everyone was distracted just enough that they would be able to easily sneak away undetected. Roxanne made a mental note of that and picked up her pace as they neared the food kiosks.

The djinni was unsure of what exactly to bring along. Since she was the leader, she decided it was all up to her and neither Jaxon's or Kyrie's opinions would matter much. Her dark pink eyes scanned each kiosk as she thought about what they could benefit most from. Roxanne ended up settling on fresh water, a loaf of bread, a small game bird, apples, and a bar of chocolate just for herself. What she was unable to fit in her backpack, she placed into a smaller bag that the kiosk fairy had given her. Roxanne turned to Jaxon and smiled up at him, obviously excited to head off on their adventure.

"Now we just need to find Kyrie... If we stand at the outside of the crowd in front of city hall, we should be able to find each other. " The djinni marched on, heading back in the direction they came from. She only slowed down once they made it back to the opening before City Hall. A tall winged fellow had just made a suggestion for the village to Aiden. Tapping on Jax's arm, she pointed to a large tree that was not too far away from the crowd where it would seem obvious they were part of something else, but also gave them distance from everyone. Roxanne quickly walked up to the tree and turned her back to it to lean against it.

The djinni reached into her pocket and pulled out her handmade cigarette pack. Her eyes shifted to the demon beside her as she grabbed a stick for herself and held the pack out to him. "Want a smoke? I reckon they prolly don't harm you, either, like they do humans. The warmth from them is always nice." As she waited for an answer, she focused on the end of her cigarette and a small flame appeared to light it. Inhaling deeply then exhaling, she flashed a mischievous grin over at Jaxon. All they had left to do was wait for their third party member.

(( OoC: Short and quick because I have to leave soon! ))

User ImageUser Image
                            Miaiko
                            Ivy Fantasy

PixelBudgie's Pardner

Dangerous Raider

User Image

Duran

Duran walked onward without looking back at Vika. Though he felt adamant that what he did was right. She might have caught a cold if caught out like that, and not to mention, other people would not have been so withheld as Duran. He was merely looking out for her. As he walked on he heard her come running behind him. Despite giving him a nasty look and preparing to slap his face off, she seemed unchanged. Duran took some relief in that. After some brief period of walking west along the river, the two came to the road that connected the housing district to the shopping district further down past the library. Beyond that was the city hall. Where many gather outside awaiting the mayor. When the two came to that road, Duran stopped. And it was then that Vika bumped into him. "O-oops..." She giggled for a moment and he turned to look back down at her. "Sorry. Didn't know you stopped." She then leaned around him and looked onward to see the first signs of civilization.

"Oh! We're here..." She didn't quite sound so enthusiastic as she did before about being there with him. Duran stepped on a few more steps and looked back at Vika to see her eyeing their surroundings with caution. Duran just shook his head and motioned her onward. The two then walked on through the shopping district along with several others. As by now a crowd was gathered near the city hall where the mayor stood with many other faces both new and familiar. Duran stopped standing at the rear of the crowd. Where some black and orange colored fellow had made some suggestion, Duran didn't get a chance to hear it, having only just arrived. Duran looked down at Vika and spoke to her. "Feel free to go about if you want, I believe I'm going to see what these people have to say." A blunt statement. It wouldn't take long until he would get restless and just go over there and start standing up pillars to get something done.

Duran reached down and grabbed out yet another one of those left handed cigarettes (just how many of those does he have!?) and lit it up with a match. His usual technique. He then straightened up and crossed his arms. Waiting for any one else to speak. there were so many in the vicinity it was hard to keep track. Around the mayor stood six others who seemed to be offering their services. That was a relief, the more people that joined in, the easier it would be and the less time. This seemed to be good enough for Duran.

F i n d M e :--- the road to the Haven/ City hallXxX¤ ¤ ¤XxXW i t h M e : ---Vika / Everyone

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠
Volivia

Dapper Genius

8,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Atramors

User Image
Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones,
as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire.

Atramor nodded to Tarik. "Very well, it is not my place to try and stop you anyhow. Do take care, my friend." He spoke in a kind tone before turning around to listen to the mayor's speech. He watched the group cautiously, taking in all the smells around him. He recognized some of the smells, the creatures they belonged to, there was one though that had him uncomfortable. His left eye shifted again, blood sense activating, this time it was not a passive activation, he needed to know the origin of this unwelcoming smell. He closed his right eye to give his full perspective to the blood sense as he scanned the area, the auras and magical energies flowing through bodies like the fluids of life were now evident to his perception. His eye finally fell upon the dream eater as it spoke, an unknown aura that seemed to be an amalgamation of hundreds of auras seeped from the creature. "What is this being?" He asked himself as he opened his right eye to reveal the corporeal form mixed in with the auras. The words had him concerned, never has he heard of one suggesting a multi-diminutive house of worship before.

He shifted his left eye back to it's pearlescent silver to match his right and stepped forward toward the mayor. Keeping the dream eater's scent focused, there were more important things to tend to, but he could not help but shake the feeling this man was up to something.

Mood: Suspicious.
Out of Cognac: Not sure I needed all those quotes... XD

Tell me, my friend,
Have you ever danced with the Devil by the pale moonlight?

Nudak of Gilead
User Image

Duran

Duran walked onward without looking back at Vika. Though he felt adamant that what he did was right. She might have caught a cold if caught out like that, and not to mention, other people would not have been so withheld as Duran. He was merely looking out for her. As he walked on he heard her come running behind him. Despite giving him a nasty look and preparing to slap his face off, she seemed unchanged. Duran took some relief in that. After some brief period of walking west along the river, the two came to the road that connected the housing district to the shopping district further down past the library. Beyond that was the city hall. Where many gather outside awaiting the mayor. When the two came to that road, Duran stopped. And it was then that Vika bumped into him. "O-oops..." She giggled for a moment and he turned to look back down at her. "Sorry. Didn't know you stopped." She then leaned around him and looked onward to see the first signs of civilization.

"Oh! We're here..." She didn't quite sound so enthusiastic as she did before about being there with him. Duran stepped on a few more steps and looked back at Vika to see her eyeing their surroundings with caution. Duran just shook his head and motioned her onward. The two then walked on through the shopping district along with several others. As by now a crowd was gathered near the city hall where the mayor stood with many other faces both new and familiar. Duran stopped standing at the rear of the crowd. Where some black and orange colored fellow had made some suggestion, Duran didn't get a chance to hear it, having only just arrived. Duran looked down at Vika and spoke to her. "Feel free to go about if you want, I believe I'm going to see what these people have to say." A blunt statement. It wouldn't take long until he would get restless and just go over there and start standing up pillars to get something done.

Duran reached down and grabbed out yet another one of those left handed cigarettes (just how many of those does he have!?) and lit it up with a match. His usual technique. He then straightened up and crossed his arms. Waiting for any one else to speak. there were so many in the vicinity it was hard to keep track. Around the mayor stood six others who seemed to be offering their services. That was a relief, the more people that joined in, the easier it would be and the less time. This seemed to be good enough for Duran.

F i n d M e :--- the road to the Haven/ City hallXxX¤ ¤ ¤XxXW i t h M e : ---Vika / Everyone

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠
Volivia

Hhymn

GoldenKate

PixelBudgie

(Neko).The.Rabid.(Kitten)

Voliva

Miaiko's Widow

Alien Waffles

10,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Waffles! 25
                        xxx * x Ӻɪʀϵ ɃϵдȿϮ xxx M A Y O R _ A I D E N _ P Y R A L I S xx ━━━━━━━━━━

xxx
                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx XX LOCATION:City Hall || FEELING:Business-y || COMPANY:Villagers xx

User Image

Aiden's attention was brought back to the mysterious man with the orange and black wings. A church? Hmm... Aiden mulled over the idea for a bit. Aside from the individuals interested in the construction, spirits were rather low around the villager - especially those who had lost family and friends in the incident. Maybe a type of church was just what they needed. The mayor nodded, a hand on his chin in thought.

"Yes, I do believe that would be a good idea. I will leave you in charge of planning. However, renovation of the old building will have to wait until everything else is tended to." Aiden smiled at the man, still wondering why he seemed familiar to him. He looked around the crowd again. "Anyone else have any suggestions or preference on how we proceed from here?"

(( OoC: Sorry for another crappy post. I'm tired, not feeling very motivated, and just ugh. I wanted to post something, though, just so things aren't frozen because of me. ))

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                            Quote:

Naughty Master

10,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
⋮⋮⋮ℒ𝔦𝔰𝔞 ℳℯŧ𝔷𝔤ℯ𝔯⋮⋮⋮

She had been slowly drifting further into the crowd, though she still remained on the outer ring. From where she was, she had heard the mention of some sort of church being built where there had once been some cafe of some sorts. With curiosity she found herself gazing off towards the speaker who had suggested such a thing and found her eyes on the back of the Dream Eater. Two-toned hair and wings stood out in a sea of humanoid figures. The only other thing that stuck out to her was a nearby giant smoking a cigarette, though he didn't garner nearly as much attention. Something instinctively drew her gaze towards the other being. She honestly didn't know why. Maybe it was just the dark colors. What seemed interesting to her is that he didn't seem like someone who would even think to suggest a church. I think I've become rather horrible at telling a person's personality based on sight. I used to be so good at that. Magical creatures are just different from humans I guess. Less predictable. I wonder if he was a preacher outside the wall.... While she was silently curious, she knew she wasn't planning to walk into the church at any time. For one, she was an atheist. For two, she didn't see the point as she viewed religion of any sort to often be a medium for strife and conflict.

The mayor, a white-haired man she had never met, asked for other offers or opinions. While she thought the church thing was a bad idea, she kept quiet. Quickly she was learning her lesser place in this world. Eventually her mind returned mildly to her cupcakes and she turned to pick one up. That's when she caught sight of a child nearby that had seen her treats and it was more than clear the little thing wanted one. Now, Lisa wasn't big into children. In fact, she had once trained to be come a teacher but decided against it after being left alone with thirty three-year-olds. Still, she had a soft spot for them (at least the good ones).

"You want one? It's okay. I made them for everyone. Go ahead..."

With an outstretched hand, Lisa offered the cupcake to the small girl that came forward to her. She didn't rush the child. She didn't provoke. Instead she let the little one come to her instead. It was much how she treated animals though that wasn't the case with her dog. When she was given her puppy, she had forced the animal that was shaking and scared out of her hiding spot and forced the dog to lay on her lap all night long. From that point forward she loved Lisa and was Lisa's companion. But it's a good thing she wasn't thinking about the dog right then, because it would've caused her a great deal of sadness. Before such thoughts could arise, the child had come and snatched up the cupcake from the fire bird who then rolled her wrist around and waved goodbye with her fingers.

"Thank you..." Came her small voice.
"You're welcome, honey pie. And if you're thirsty come back, okay?"

Having been stooping, she righted herself upright and turned back towards the mayor. The motions caused her back (where a bone was out of alignment) to pop and her knees to grind from lack of lubrication. They didn't hurt but they did make her feel older than she was. Now feeling not as small as she was a moment ago, she folded her arms across her chest in a more confident way, though she still kept herself shrunken in and closed off from others around her.

⋮⋮⋮Heaven's Not Enough⋮⋮⋮

⋮⋮⋮You Think You've Found It⋮⋮⋮

⋮⋮⋮And It Loses You⋮⋮⋮

Position: City Hall
Company: Rebuild Crew

Camp Counselor

10,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Jukka turned his attention from Aiden to Rivers as he felt the woman grab his hand. "That was a nice thing for you to offer. Tarik is incredibly stubborn and full of pride from what I understand. Im sure if the pain gets bad enough he will find his way to you." Jukka spoke quietly, so as to not interrupt the meeting or upset the prideful doctor. He looked down at his hand as Rivers released it.

It was then that Jukka turned his attention back to the Dream Eater. His ears pricked up as he watched the man and studied him closely. He took in the man's appearance as he stayed close to Rivers. Perhaps a church wasn't that bad of an idea. Jukka himself didn't use them, but perhaps it would bring peace to some of the towns people. He then turned his attention back to Aiden. "I think working in a few separate groups would be effective. Every group could have a different project. Then we could work on multiple tasks at once."

Vestere's Queen

Eloquent Elocutionist

User Image
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxѴΊӃɅ
"So I begin to trust in my instinctive feelings... To live in truth and harmony."

xx

Entering the crowd made the harpy incredibly uncomfortable. This would perhaps be the first time she's ever been a part of a whole like this. Her eyes kept darting from person to person, inspecting them, sizing them up, preparing for an attack. Duran was very chill about it all. He stood upright, crossed his arms, lit something out and grit it between his teeth. Vika looked at him curiously and wondered why he enjoyed those toxic things so much. Was it his way of calming down? Was he too afraid of the public? No, it didn't seem that way. Perhaps he just liked the way it tasted. Everytime he exhaled, a plume of smoke escaped his lips. Vika, being the one standing closest to him, was victim of said plume. She made a gentle squeak of a cough and looked up at Duran all agitated. He just kept his face forward, disregarding it.

"Feel free to go,"
The red-head said. Vika made a face like her toes had been stepped on.
'He wants me to go...?' She thought, a frown appearing on her face. Vika winced and looked away from him. 'I thought we were here... together?'

Just then Vika's eyes fell upon someone else. After the pain of making contact, Vika quickly directed her attention back to the front and stood up straight. Though, her eyes quickly crept back in the direction she had felt such a gaze. Two men, lingering in the shade of a building, their eyes boring holes into her body as they looked her over. She saw their devious grins and the whites of their eyes as they looked at each other and snickered about something.

Vika felt weak in the knees. Her stomach and heart had fallen directly out of her person and splattered on the cobblestone of the bazaar. They wouldn't stop staring at her. With her heart racing, having jumped out of her chest and landed on her feet, Vika did something a little out of character. She went to the nearest thing around her, Duran's arm, and gripped it tight. The green-haired woman clutched the fabric of his sleeve with her sharp nails and buried her face on his back. She wanted those men to stop looking at her! What did they want?! Her life? Her wings? Her body? The only men Vika had dabbled with had been of her own choice. She never allowed herself to be the piece of meat on display. After having remembered the fate of her mother, Vika was sensitive to the mens evil gazes. Duran had offered his aid. Right now, he needed to be her pillow for the harpy to hide her face in. Vika's wings were spry and feathered out, folded around her to protect her from the crowd.

Vika was trembling as she held onto Duran. After a moment of calming down, she let her eyes be seen by the giant and had the corner of her forehead pressed against the top of his shoulder.
"They're s-staring at me..." She said in a hushed voice. "Those men. Over there." Hopefully Duran would see them. If not, hopefully they had given up seeing her against the likes of Duran. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't challenge him.

Vika gripped his shirt a little tighter, still cowering behind him like a scared little girl.
"What was this business you need to attend to?" She asked as though she was in a hurry to get to it. "I want to go. I'll help you with whatever you need to do Duran but I want to leave."

(( This is how she's hiding behind him! ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff