Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lexian caught site of his crew entering the bar and finished his tale and his drink hopping off the table. "Hear me now, crew of The Desert Rose." He called out. "We have work to do and a pirate to hunt down." He cried. The bar roared in excitement as another story would soon be told when he returned. Lexian walked into a darker more secluded corner of the bar waiting his crew members.
Do you ever feel like breaking down? Do you ever feel out of place, like somehow you just don't belong, and no one understands you? Do you ever wanna run away? Do you lock yourself in your room with the radio on turned up so loud that no one hears your screaming? No, you don't know what it's like when nothing feels all right, you don't know what it's like...

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Ⓒⓞⓝⓐⓝ Ⓣⓡⓐⓟ
Every moment and ever event of every man's life on earth
✎ ✏ ✐ ✎ ✏ ✐ ✎ ✏ ✐ ✎ ✏ ✐
Conan Trap: Lead Warrior of The Desert Rose

Conan smiled and shrugged. "Well it was an accident but do not worry the crowd will calm down." He watched her walk over to the wench. He turned to look back at the captain actually wondering if he should go over there and drag him back to the ship. His had confidence in his own strength and abilities but there was no point in causing a fight. He had to respect his captain and if he wanted to drink and tell his stories then let him be.

Conan stood up and walked over to mary and the wench. He held out a hand helping the wench up. He apologized saying he accidently spilt the beer. He turned to Mary smiling. "See everythings better and I can just pay for the beer that was spilt. Though to your first question, I do not think we should drag the captain down. He might get angry and I don't know about you but I would rather let him tell his stories all night than get latrine duties." As the lead warrior the captain and tactician the captain would probably go easy on them but that did not mean he would intentionally seek punishment.

Conan walked back to his seat and sat down waiting for Mary to return. Just because he was a pirate did not mean he never helped out. Plus Mary was a fellow crew member and because of that he was more likely to help her out than anyone else. Of course he would not help so much that he looked like a big wuss. It was just that they had to look out for each other since no one else would. He checked his sword again wiping off a little beer that had spilt on it. No one knew the story of the sword and he did not know if anyone would. It was a touchy subject with him and the past of it was a sad one.

Conan heard what the captain had said and stood up. "Mary I think someone wants to talk to us." He smiled and walked over to the captain. "So what did we do to deserve the honor of talking to a man who single handily did all of those deeds?" He was just joking around but it was fun messing with the captain.

✎ ✏ ✐ ✎ ✏ ✐ ✎ ✏ ✐ ✎ ✏ ✐
Plants something in his soul
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

To be like me. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when you're down... To feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down... And no one's there to save you. No, you don't know what it's like. Welcome to my life, Do you wanna be somebody else? Are you sick of feeling so left out? Are you desperate to find something more before your life is over? Are you stuck inside a world you hate? Are you sick of everyone around? With their big fake smiles and stupid lies while deep inside you're bleeding
Having completed his appointed task, Willoughby headed to the hold, to take stock of the ship's inventory. One or two of his lads had returned to the ship with what he'd sent them out for. He was glad to see that they had, in accordance with his instructions, brought back more than he'd officially listed. Plenty enough to keep the crew happy on the side, and thankful to their old quartermaster. He continued along the rows, checking food and drink first, then powder and shot. The crew kept their own weapons, but for ammunition they relied on the ship's stores.
Granted that he'd not seen nor heard much of the young captain, but he couldn't say he held any fondness for her, nor respect for her capabilities as captain. Far too concerned with her own satisfaction. And, much though he liked the lass, young Elizabeth hadn't the commanding nature to captain a ship. He knew ships, and he knew the crew, but he was too far past his prime to hold them in check if mutiny arose. Between them, they might be able to command the crew, but only if all three realised...and with the captain being the way she was, she wouldn't entertain such a notion.

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Elizabeth Demetrius Aurore
User Image

Elizabeth felt the ship begin to move beneath her, and raced to finish the plans. No sooner did she pack away the materials there was a knock on her cabin door. Alas it wasn’t a raven, but it was a young pirate who seemed in a hurry. “Elizabeth, Captain asked me to find you, you’re needed.” Smiling, Elizabeth looked at the young man, “Then we’d best not keep her waiting.” Elizabeth grabbed the map and followed the young pirate back to the deck, where Elizabeth then walked up to Nadira.

“My dear Captain, here is the map that I predict will take us closer to the vessel you seek, assuming it isn’t a ship much faster than ours, it should be just over a day till our paths meet.”

Elizabeth beamed, she loved the thought of an adventure, she’d never manage to command an entire crew herself, but the boat... she knew. Planning, manoeuvring and scheming were all part of her job, following Captain’s orders of course. It was a shame to leave port though, due to its easy ways of gathering small change and a free drink, nevertheless Elizabeth never felt more at home than out at sea commanding the waves.
User Image
X Nadira the Siren X

Nadira was up on the deck instructing their cabin girl on knot tying when Elizabeth appeared behind her with a map. She took the paper and carefully glanced over it, taking care to remember the details. "Thankyou Elizabeth, when this job is completed i'll be sure to give you a bonus for your efforts. Charlotte," this time addressing the cabin girl she was previously instructing. "Be a good girl and bring this map to our navigator, she'll need the details." she patted the girl's head before Charlotte ran off to deliver the message. The female crew of the Mermaids Grace outnumbered the males three to one, Nadira was often harsher to the male members and her rare moments of humanity were reserved for the women and girls she viewed as a surrogate family. Having grown up with six sisters in a society where men and women lived separate lives, she was more accustomed to the company of women, that and a pirate crew that was mostly female had certain advantages when it came to diplomacy.

She moved to the centre of the deck where her voice would carry further and addressed the crew, "All Boarding crew are to prepare their weapons at the earliest opportunity, they will also be relieved of any night duty so they may get a good nights rest in preparation for our assault. I want everyone prepared and alert for this mission. Our target is a merchant vessel and should not be much of a threat, however given its cargo the defenses are likely stronger than average and I will not take the risk of underestimating our victim. All boarding crew will report to Elizabeth this evening after dinner for a briefing of the attack and a training session." Having finished addressing the crew as a whole she turned to talk directly to Elizabeth. "Draw up an attack strategy and have our first warrior assist you with the briefing and training session, Don't take any chances with this one, it would tempt fate a little too much and Lady Fortuna can never resist such a thing."
Willoughby only vaguely listened to the captain's lecturing. He was too busy watching out for the younger members of the crew; kids they'd brought on at the last port, wet behind the ears and still enthralled by their own romantic notions of life at sea. If any of them were to endanger themselves in their inexperience, he had to be in a position to keep them safe, or at least alive. As the crew scurried about their tasks, his ears picked up a low chant among the older hands. Smiling, he picked up the tune and sang them to work, with a few of them joining in.
"I dreamed a dream,
I dreamed a dream the other night.
Lowlands, lowlands away my John.
I dreamed a dream,
I dreamed a dream the other night.

My love she came to me,
She came all dressed in white.
My love she came to me,
She came all dressed in white.

And then I knew,
And then I knew that she was dead.
I dreamed I saw,
I dreamed I saw my own true love.
Lowlands, lowlands away my John."

His heart singing to be once again at sea, he resumed the chant. The captain may not be the best of leaders, but in this moment he felt the ship could take on all the navies of the world.

Fashionable Giver

'Life’s pretty good...and why wouldn’t it be?

User Image
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
✖☠✖☠Mary Read✖☠✖☠
✖☠✖☠Tactician for The Desert Rose!✖☠✖☠
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

"Look, calm down before-!" Before Mary could actualy get an insult off, Conan came over to her and the wench's side. She watched as he helped the lady up and apologized for the little incident. Soon after the crowd settled down. Everything went back to the way it was without to much trouble being made.
It was always nice to know he had her back...and not only because he could probably take down almost every man in here with no problem.

"I think you're right. Latrine duties are horrible." She said, playful sticking out her tongue at him. She quickly followed her crew mate back to the seat. Right about now she was feeling a bit restless and wanted out of this place. Maybe she should go gamble with her new findings.
"Well I think I've had enough stories for one day."
Mary got up once again from her seat but quickly came to a halt when her captain Called for their attention. "Ah, so he remembers we're still here." With a pep in her step, Marry happy followed Conan over to The Captain.

I’m a pirate, after all!'

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Elizabeth Demetrius Aurore
User Image

Elizabeth nodded with strict understanding, Nadira was not one to take her advantages for granted, or be convinced of a certain win, despite her confidence in her crew. Elizabeth felt honoured to be a part of the training, yet the schedule would be fairly basic, if they hoped to catch the vessel within a day or two. Elizabeth and the first warrior walked across the ship to a small corner to discuss what they could manage in the time available, and decided that basic gun training, and canons would be best for Elizabeth to lead, whilst the warrior taught the more capable some sword skills and more physical combat should they need to send a party to the other ship to recover the treasures they sought.
Smiling with the simplicity of their plan, they each took a side of the ship to check the weaponry, the canons needed to be in working order and cleaned of debris, the gun-powder had to be dry and safely stored, and any swords needed to be sharpened. All of which had to be clean and tidy so that the ship was organised to Nadira’s high standards and expectations.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff