Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deathly Phantom

User Image

XXXXXYou've always dreamed of having special abilities. Some call them powers, some gifts, and others abilities. To be able to do something no one else can do seems amazing, right? Or is it not so?

XXXXXThey're after us. Each and every one. They want to kill us off because we're different. They want to kill us because they're afraid. This is reality, not a dream but a nightmare. They're hunting us down as I write. Here is what happens. At birth, we were born with eyes of two different colors and with abilities that people became fearful of. The King is one of us, but he has the gift of persuasion. And since he wears an eye patch nobody can contest him anyways. He is greedy and power mad. We were the lucky ones. Our parents sent us off into the forest to live in a safe house we call "Home Base". There are others not as fortunate though. The ones who are not sent off in time are killed as infants when the King's 'doctors' come to see the newborns. Now we have to run and hide. Hide from those trying to round us up and kill us. The Kings' men.

XXXXXThere is a kingdom surrounded on three sides by forest, and one by sea. Strange things happen every now and again in this kingdom, later named Lithian. Every once in awhile a child is born with eyes of two different colors (ex. one blue, one green). They have special talents that are some what supernatural and it scares most of the villagers. Some of the parents of these children sent their newborns with older "Gifted" where they took them to grow up and live deep within the forest at Home Base. For awhile, the King thought he had eradicated the rest of the gifted children so he (and allegedly his two sons) were the only ones with supernatural abilities. In recent years he has found the truth and sends his militia to kill the newborns. Sometimes they don't get to the newborn fast enough though.
                                                              XXXXXThe gifted who have escaped to the forest have been named "The Wicked". Anyone who chooses to sympathize with the wicked and run off to Home Base are known as "Sympathizers". The King has sent two groups known as "The Legion" each headed by one of his sons to kill all the gifted and sympathizers. He will not stop until they are all dead, but will the gifted be able to rise up and overthrow his evil power before then?

User Image User Image User Image

Deathly Phantom

User ImageUser Image

The Kingdom - Lithian is a considerably large kingdom. There is a vast forest named 'Thasos' to the north, west and south. If you travel east, you'll meet the Great Sea. Deep within Thasos is where Home Base lies (more on Home Base below). Within the Kingdom, there is the grand castle where the King, his two sons, their military, and their staff reside. The village is made up of an "upper class community" where the wealthy and nobles' live. It is very lavish like the castle and people tend to carry themselves with an air of royalty themselves. The next part is commonly known as "The market" where, as the name would suggest, there are various shops and vendors selling necessities such as food and clothes, to comforts goods such as children's toys. The final, and by far the largest part is the "Lower Class residence" and "Farmland". This is where the majority of the population lives and where all the gifted have come from (except for the occasional upper class gifted). This is also where most of the food is grown and where most docks are.

The King - The King is rumored to be gifted. His gift is that of persuasion. He can make anyone believe that what he says is true. He is vicious and greedy and stops at nothing to get what he wants. He has sent two legions to find and kill the wicked and sympathizers.

The Gifted (The Wicked) - The gifted have special talents that some call supernatural. Their eyes are also two different colors. The colors are known to range to any color in the rainbow, but no two gifted have ever had the exact same eyes. Their powers are mainly of passive nature. At birth, the ones who are not killed are sent off to Home Base.

The Legion (Alpha & Beta) - Two groups sent out to kill all the remaining wicked and sympathizers each headed by one of the King's sons. The Alpha group belongs to the eldest son and the Beta group belongs to the youngest. These individuals are skilled fighters and carry out their orders. But there may be a few who might be re-thinking their stance in the matter.

The Sympathizers - The individuals who help out the gifted. Some are in the market, but most help out around Home Base. The ones in the market secretly supply the gifted with food, clothing and other basic essentials while the ones at Home Base help keep order with the little ones and other various tasks such as cooking, cleaning, and protection.

Home Base - An old rickety house built long ago deep within the forest southwest of the Kingdom. It is rather large and for it's age, rather stable. It has more than enough room to house all it's inhabitants comfortably. The Sympathizers have rooms on the second floor so they can keep a watch and the gifted mostly stay nights in rooms in the basement for their own protection while sleeping. It is complete with a decent sized kitchen, bathrooms, living area, second floor (bedrooms), basement (bedrooms), dinning area, and sun room.

Deathly Phantom

User ImageUser Image

✑ General - Okay. These are the very basics because we all should know the basics of role playing on Gaia already. Follow the terms of service and that stuff. There will be romance and violence (there wouldn't be a functional role play without it) but just don't take it too far. When things get a little too hot, time skip please. Also, I really don't want to read about how you rip out a mans' guts and scatter them in the market. Yes, fighting is allowed but don't go into excruciating detail. Keep content around pg-16ish, there are younger role players wandering around here. If you have to swear, keep it to a minimum. I don't want to see you use ******** every other sentence. Be respectful to other role players. I have final say in disputes, just notify me if you have any questions, comments, concerns. If you PM me it will be confidential. Don't kill anyone unless you have consent from the other person and myself.

✑ Specifics - This is set in a medieval-era type setting. No phones, computers, or modern technology (i.e. apple products). Weapons include but are not limited to; swords, bows and arrows, and battle axes (etc...). There is a monarchy type rule. There will be a spot for someone to play King but for now he'll be an NPC. Speaking of NPC's, they are allowed! Kill as many as you want. They can also be sympathizers, market vendors, other militia, etc... Just don't make them major characters. No one has total power. You will dish out hits and you will also take them. If someone is not taking hits disregard them, move on, and shoot me a PM. I will deal with it. No two gifted can have the exact same colored eyes. Also, no two gifted can have the same power. If someone took the power you want, deal with it and pick another.

✑ Acceptance - DO NOT POST UNTIL I HAVE SENT YOUR ACCEPTANCE! You will know when you are officially accepted. Please send in a reserve first so I can put you up on the main thread, then a profile after (you can send them together if you want). Do NOT change any of the reserve or profile templates. I created them for a reason,please don't screw with them. Also, do not use blinding colors. If you do I will ask you once to change them. Please use 'real' photos. Yes, this is a totally fantastic story, but it just looks better with real people photos in my opinion.

✑ Posting - This is a literate role play. Now before you're scared off let me explain. I'm not going to set an obnoxiously high word minimum. In fact. one or two solid paragraphs will do. By 'solid' I mean they aren't two paragraphs of brushing your hair. They have meat and are thought out. Spelling and grammar should be correct (a couple mistakes here and there are okay but don't make it a habit). Let's use the good writing skills that we have. Post often, multiple times a week please. If you're going to be gone an extended period of time, no worries. Just shoot me a PM or quote me in the OOC saying you'll be gone. Please don't use anything smaller than 10 or 11 point font for the actual words, and don't go above 12 otherwise it just looks messy for some reason. You can use smaller for the template if you want, just beware no one might be able to actually read it. Also, use colors that won't burn eveyones' eyes trying to read. Please include a name and photo in your posts, and you are perfectly welcome to add any 'fluff' you want. Just remember: I want QUALITY posts.

Deathly Phantom

User ImageUser Image

R E S E R V E S
[img][[350x100 Don't worry about the fancy stuff]][/img]
[size=11]first middle last
age (typed in words)
gift
username[/size]
*reference the "Cast" post for more information on your character
*Not all characters have everything that is listed

K I N G, S O N S, & G I F T E D
[align=center][img]((600x300 real image))[/img]
[size=20][color=COLOR1]F I R S T[/color][color=white]xXx[/color][color=COLOR2]M I D D L E[/color][color=white]xXx[/color][color=COLOR1]L A S T[/color][/size][/align]

[size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] Now let's start with the basics [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR1]Don't wear it out[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((Name))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]I've seen so many years[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((Age))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]If you couldn't tell[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((gender))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]I know my place[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((Role))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]Call me this[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((nickname))[/i][/size]

[list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] It's going to get tricky [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR2]Look how tall I am[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]HEIGHT[/i]
[color=COLOR2]I looked at the scale recently[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]WEIGHT[/i]
[color=COLOR2]My hair is[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]HAIR COLOR[/i]
[color=COLOR2]My Left eye[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]LEFT EYE COLOR[/i]
[color=COLOR2]And my Right[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]RIGHT EYE COLOR[/i]
[color=COLOR2]My skin is[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]SKIN COLOR[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] Check this out [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]LIKE[/i]
[color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]LIKE[/i]
[color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]STRENGTH[/i]
[color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]STRENGTH[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] People say I act like this [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR2]►[/color] [i]TRAIT[/i]
[color=COLOR2]►[/color] [i]TRAIT[/i]
[color=COLOR2]►[/color] [i]TRAIT[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] No! No! No! [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]DISLIKE[/i]
[color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]DISLIKE[/i]
[color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]WEAKNESS[/i]
[color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]WEAKNESS[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] Here's a bit more complicated things [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR2]Don't laugh![/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]FEAR[/i]
[color=COLOR2]Everyone has a secret[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]SECRET[/i]
[color=COLOR2]I happen to be in love with[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]CRUSH/LOVER[/i]
[color=COLOR2]I hope to see[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]GOAL[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list]

[size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] You ask about my gift? [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR1]Well this is it[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]GIFT[/i]
[color=COLOR1]That means[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((Brief synopsis of gift))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]I use weapons too[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((main weapon))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]These are also helpful[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((secondary weapon))[/i][/size]

[align=center][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] That's me [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR2][i]U S E R N A M E[/i][/color][/size][/align]

L E G I O N & S Y M P A T H I Z E R S
[align=center][img]((600x300 real image))[/img]
[size=20][color=COLOR1]F I R S T[/color][color=white]xXx[/color][color=COLOR2]M I D D L E[/color][color=white]xXx[/color][color=COLOR1]L A S T[/color][/size][/align]

[size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] Now let's start with the basics [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR1]Don't wear it out[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((Name))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]I've seen so many years[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((Age))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]If you couldn't tell[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((gender))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]I know my place[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((Role))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]Call me this[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((nickname))[/i][/size]

[list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] It's going to get tricky [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR2]Look how tall I am[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]HEIGHT[/i]
[color=COLOR2]I looked at the scale recently[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]WEIGHT[/i]
[color=COLOR2]My hair is[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]HAIR COLOR[/i]
[color=COLOR2]My eyes[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]EYE COLOR[/i]
[color=COLOR2]My skin is[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]SKIN COLOR[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] Check this out [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]LIKE[/i]
[color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]STRENGTH[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] People say I act like this [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR2]►[/color] [i]TRAIT[/i]
[color=COLOR2]►[/color] [i]TRAIT[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] No! No! No! [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]DISLIKE[/i]
[color=COLOR1]►[/color] [i]WEAKNESS[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] Here's a bit more complicated things [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR2]Don't laugh![/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]FEAR[/i]
[color=COLOR2]Everyone has a secret[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]SECRET[/i]
[color=COLOR2]I happen to be in love with[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]CRUSH/LOVER[/i]
[color=COLOR2]I hope to see[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]GOAL[/i][/size][/list][/list][/list]

[size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] You ask what I can do? [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR1]Well this is it[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]SKILL[/i]
[color=COLOR1]That means[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((Brief synopsis of skill))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]I use weapons too[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((main weapon))[/i]
[color=COLOR1]These are also helpful[/color] [color=COLOR4]►[/color] [i]((secondary weapon))[/i][/size]

[align=center][size=14][b][color=COLOR3]~•[/color] That's me [color=COLOR3]•~[/color][/b][/size]
[size=11][color=COLOR2][i]U S E R N A M E[/i][/color][/size][/align]

Deathly Phantom

User ImageUser Image

The King & Sons
User Image
N a m e
t h i r t y s e v e n
m a l e
t h exk i n g
p e r s u a s i o n
u s e r

User Image