Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Lunatic

13,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

❥ And I was positive that unless I got myself together, I would watch me fall apart.
                                lpost layout by apo-chan
                                xxxConor McKidd ~Team one~ the best team at the moment

--------------------------------------------

The fact that it was cold just wasn’t enough. The wind brought more chill. Conor moved his arms to his side. What he was doing to get warm wasn’t really working. He stuck his hands in his pockets as he looked around at his teammates. No familiar faces in the new bunch, this was good in sad kind of way. No Axel, which made everything more difficult. No Ava, which probably meant her being a mod was true. He cursed to himself and decided the best solution would be to play the fecking game this time. There was no time for him to doubt himself. These guys needed his knowledge. He could save them from dying without a fight at least. He could be a leader.

So what was his teammates doing. Conor’s eyes fell on the act of kindness before him. Someone being nice during the game, this was new. He chuckled a bit, he was usually the one doing nice things. This was a good sign, he could probably work with these guys. “We gotta find you a replacement coat now.” He said with a smile. That was easier said then done. Knowing the GM, he was sure there were coats somewhere but there was always a catch. Going based on the uniforms they were wearing, they were doing some type of military thing. The extra supplies would be in a place accessible to both teams. That would be where he wanted them to murder each other. He wonder which direction.

He almost didn’t hear the comment the other girl in the group made. Conor whipped his head towards her and without thinking glared. “Shut up.” He said harshly. The fact that she had the audacity to call him an inside guy. He would never work for that b*****d. No one in their right mind would. Except for Ava apparently. “Sorry, I’m just a little bitter at the moment.” He said. He hadn’t really meant to say something like that. “Anyway no, I’m not an inside guy and I can’t really say I’m a winner of a previous game either. I wouldn’t be here if I won. None of us would be here if we had won.” He said while shaking his head. It wasn’t important. What was important was getting the poor coatless guy indoors.

“Oh yeah...m-my name is Conor. I’d like to know your names t-t-too” He said as the wind picked up again. He began walking towards the building. Whatever it was, it beat the cold. “And we all have p-p-powers. Those are the gifts he spoke of.” He glanced at the object in the first who had spoken hand. Matches. This was good. They were off to a good start. He wonder how Axel’s side was doing.

“Russia huh.” Conor said as he looked around one last time before heading inside the old dilapidated house. He waited until everyone was in before shutting the door. “Are you Russian?” He asked the girl curiously. Even if she wasn’t it seemed she could recognize the language. This could help in a lot of ways if she could actually read what was written.

Mystical Doll

User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀

xxxxx Aimé listened intently as the group took turns talking. Smiling intently with arms wrapped around his chest to keep some of the cold off, not even minding being talked down to by the red head. He looked around the area himself, wondering what would be inside some of the run down buildings. Tilting his head to the side he looked up to the sky, praying silently to overcome the cold. It bothered him only slightly, but it would be nice to be a little warmer. "We should find a way to insulate our jackets. It'll help us out quite a bit." He murmured in thought.

Then Dakota spoke up and he turned his head in the direction the other male was talking about. Aimé didn't know what a bar looked like, but just from the outside, he could tell that it was a better place than being outside. It didn't appear to have any cracks or windows open, so there shouldn't be a breeze flowing through it. That would make it at least a few degrees warmer, and for the others, a few more degrees bare-able.

He turned his head as Marskya spoke up, informing the others of the matches that she had. "Those'll help a bunch!" He smiled at her. His smile seemed to light up the area around him, as if a hundred flowers came into bloom in the very spot that he stood. Even though his face had become a light pink color due to the cold, he continued to smile pleasantly. Knowing that there were matches, meant that they could make a fire. That's all they needed for now was shelter and a fire.

Their 'leader' held the door open for them as they all made their way inside of what was called the bar. Aimé didn't know much about buildings, as he spent most of his time in the Chapel walls. He had never seen the outside world, and truth be told he was actually kind of excited to be here. Sure, there were more people out there trying to kill them, but there was no point looking at the negative side of things. He laughed lightly to himself an smiled his cheery smile as he took up a place on the floor.

The interior of the building was mainly untouched. There were chairs set around tables, and a small counter, which presumably had alcohol hidden somewhere behind it. The floor was cracked here and there, and there was a door leading to a back room. There was also some stairs leading in the direction of upstairs, neither of which Aimé knew what hid. He looked around from his little spot on the floor, putting a finger to his lips before speaking.

"We could probably use the chairs as firewood for now." The room was at least warmer than outside, and he could feel some head returning to his features as he undid his arms, setting them on either side of his figure. "What should our next step be?" He asked, almost curiously.

They had a few options, the first was to probably look for food and water. As they didn't appear to be carrying much of either, just looking at the group. Aimé himself had his medical bag, along with some other small items that he held on to his person, but that wouldn't help their needs. Another priority would probably be to find some insulation for their clothing, which would help them stay out in the cold longer.

Everything considered, he got up and began to look around the bar itself. He found bottles of liquor, under the counter, along with a few other machines that he didn't know what they did or their purpose. "Maybe we can douse some of the wood here with this, and have ourselves a nice little bonfire. Better than freezing, right?" He asked the others with a soft laugh. He would have to find a way to brighten their mood. Morale was important in this kind of situation, right?

He wasn't going to let anyone put a damper on his mood!
            xxxxx

Catxbutt's Waifu

Sparkly Strawberry

12,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kalista Evanovich Vanderbilt

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

♥ Blood blood blood, pump mud through my veins.

At first, Kalista had been too consumed by her own thoughts to notice the biting cold. But the longer she stood in the frigid air, the more she began to notice. As the snows icy fingers started to poke through the threads of her jacket, she began to look around for nearby shelter. It wouldn't do to be standing out in the open for very long. When the tweaker shot back an admirable little [******** you she couldn't help but laugh, an action that was cut short as a frozen slush of snow slammed against the back of her head. It didn't hurt, but it was absolutely ******** freezing, and it slid down into the collar of her jacket, making her even colder than before. Her head whipped around, hand shooting to the dagger in her pocket, ready to kill the poor schmuck who'd thrown the snow. She was met with only more empty space, however. There was no one behind her as far as she could tell. Either they had ducked behind something and were now out of sight, or...she didn't know what else. That had to be it. Unless someone in this group's power was to fling snow at people, which didn't sound too useful to her. She'd have to keep her eyes open for more flying snow and see if she could figure this out.

She fumed silently about the snow, but refused to make a noise so as not to give the thrower the pleasure of a reaction. She knew from experience that most the fun in ******** with someone lied in their reaction. As she stewed in her anger, the rest of their ragtag team seemed to all be thinking the same thing: shelter. As they started to make their way to shelter, the "leader" kid started talking again. He was quick to defend himself, and what he said made sense, sounded sincere too. But Kalista wasn't convinced yet. If this Connor guy had been doing this for a while, working for the game master ********, he'd have the act down pat by now. She'd keep any eye on him as well, she decided with a nod, but for now she'd let things go.

"Jesus, why so ********' hostile y'all. The name's Kalista." She answered with a snort.

The group stepped inside the building, and Kalista sighed quietly when the door closed behind them. Sheltered from the wind, the cold became much more bearable. At the mention of fire, Kalista's eyes lit up. She loved building roaring bonfires to sit by as she looked up at the stars at night. While she didn't think she'd be doing much stargazing tonight, at least she'd have a fire. Determined to feel the warmth of flame on her face, hands and feet sooner rather than later, Kalista went over and picked up the chair nearest her. She hefted it up over her head in both hands, it was a pretty feeble old chair, made of thin wood many years ago. She slammed it down onto the hard concrete ground and the legs splintered of in multiple pieces: perfect kindling. She slammed down another chair in the same way and smiled approvingly down at her pile of perfectly burnable wood.

Kalista knelt to the ground. This seemed as good a spot for a fire as any, she decided. Plenty of open space, and if they kept it low enough it shouldn't touch the roof. She began methodically placing the sticks in a square shape, slowly staking them on top of each other until it made a makeshift log cabin type square on the ground. Standing, she strode across the room. There was a phone book next to an old phone that she knew no longer worked on a table in the corner. That would do perfectly. She picked it up and approached the Russian girl.

"Could I use those matches doll?" She asked, holding her hand out in front of her.

I'm a dirty dirty girl, I want it filthy. ♥

Garbage Trash

14,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
User Image

- THE SELFISH -

Circles turnover, clocks reset, the script is read and the game never, never ends. Lights and blackness, words were spoken, both lies and truth, past is past, but in a world of infinite playbacks, recalls, and repetition one can hold the mistake of the maddening dream of hope. A word which is poison: hope, a resource that is everywhere and all around, to climb out and stand upon, an object that’s worth is only weighed by those who can carry its burden, small is large, large is small. A journey that takes eternity cannot be measured, not because its length is too great but merely because there is no distance between one and one. Greatness cannot be measured from observation nor have its effects be seen for there is no point to call un-great. Yes you could be angry or agitated or confused, but what were you before? Were you this broken? Were you this poisoned? Just because the information doesn’t change does not mean the way the information is read must stay the same. Storybooks are opened again, films rewatched, plays told through new voices.

------------------------------------

After the light returned to Noah’s sight so too did the usual accompaniment of yelling and charged words that had become more of a white noise over the years than was probably healthy. He found himself in a chair very similar to the one he had been occupying in the previous round. Sitting forward he felt the heavy materials of his clothing fold and hang on his body. It was – Noah looked out of a nearby window – winter, yes definitely a winter uniform of some sort. By this point all the voices had started talking to each other, prodding the new member for weakness was usually the first step when the situation was present. Though from what happened during the round prior, Noah himself had a few discrepancies with how she acted and how well she would integrate with how the Moderators functioned. Nothing he would give words to just yet but they were things he would file away as an opinion of her. Standing up from his seat Noah walked toward the table with the map of the game area laying on top of it. It’s simple legend was greatly appreciated by the Canadian who was immediately drawn to two points of interest. “Jayce.” Noah cut out of the chilled air. “The girl isn’t what we’re here for. Grab your gun, we’re headed out.” He didn’t have time for introductions, the round had started and they needed to begin setting things in motion before their team got too much of a foot hold. If the girl was actually worth any of the time she would need to take to introduce herself, she would have to do so later. Noah took an old looking satchel bag and threw the strap over his shoulder as he began walking to the door. Putting a gloved hand on the brass knob and turned to wait for his partner to get put together without opening the door and potentially letting an even colder air into the room.
User Image
User Image

I AM NO PROPHETxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx↘ and here is no great matter
I HAVE SEEN the moment of my greatness flicker
I have seen the ETERNAL FOOTMAN
hold my coat, and snicker
and in short,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi was afraid

i should have been a pair of ragged claws
xxxxxxxxxx scuttling across the floors of silent seas

xxxxxThe moment he heard the Prince’s voice pervade the tightly packed air of their designated section of devastated architecture, he knew that what the Game Master had done to him was nothing short of a cruel joke, one that he was sure the man (if one could stretch as far to call him that) had probably found terribly amusing.

“Food?” he repeated, slowly leaning forward as he put his weight back onto his knees so that perhaps now they could hold him up and away from the painfully frozen floor. Using his hand as a guide he rose, he could feel the lapsed strength return for the moment and soon enough he was standing solidly again. He raised his gaze from his feet to meet the face of the self-proclaimed prince; whether or not this claim was fact or some delusion of grandeur he’d contracted on the outside. It was very difficult if not impossible for Axel to imagine any one person living well enough in what he knew as the world to have such a skewed set of priorities.

“You want—are you serious?” he asked, the very concentrated and unshapely guise of calm laced into his voice shuddered away as incredulousness hit him like a freight-train. His question was much less of a question and more accurately a statement of disbelief; he knew very well that this man was serious, even detrimentally so, and even despite everything that had just happened and everything that he witnessed, this was what he had to say and what he had to contribute. Suddenly he felt much more justified in the blow he’d thrown him earlier, and he would have been lying if he said that same urge wasn’t persuasively itching to overwhelm his will for discourse of reason at this very moment. He was almost convinced that there would have been no other way to get the reality through his thick, pompous skull, however, for now his words would have to suffice; he found he had an unusual abundance of those lately. “You’re not going to have to worry about who’s getting your ******** food when you’re dead. He’d lost restraint over the volume of his voice before he realized it was happening, having the brief echo that lingered afterward as testament to this fact. “And I’m not—“ he stopped, taking a deep, unsteady breath in an attempt to soothe his nerves before he ended up erupting into another shouting fit at the man. Not that he didn’t completely and fully deserve every word of it, only that yelling was doing nothing to ease the pulsing in his temples, if not just making it that much worse. “I’m not the leader of anything, so if you want something go and get it yourself, or ******** off. I don’t care, and neither will anybody else out there.” he finished, his voice hoarse and scratchy from its recent overuse.

In one single, solitary stroke of good fortune, the only other vocal member of their assembly seemed to have somewhat of a stronger grasp on the substantiality of their situation, which in her case meant she wasn’t bound to be the subject of another one of Axel’s fretful nerve-induced breakdowns. Not now, anyways.

“No, there isn’t. We tried… last time. We thought we’d beaten him—he let us believe we’d beaten him, but…” he shook his head. The cold was just beginning to infiltrate the thickness of the uniform he wore, and each deep breathe he took only drew it in, choking out his words, though he persisted.“We should have known better. That was years ago… five or—no, maybe ten…” he couldn’t have been sure exactly how long it had been, the years in between melted together into one miserable smear of time.
                                                      He wasn’t surprised to hear her ask about the gifts the Game Master alluded to. He supposed it was just about as unbelievable as all the rest of what was happening to them, so there was no real reason to be indirect. “They’re abilities.” he began, pausing as he tried to formulate the words into a way that was easily understood.“Things a normal person shouldn’t be able to do.” his eyes momentarily flitted at the pompous a*****e, recalling how he’d somehow reduced Ava into a sobbing, squalling wreck without even touching her.

‘Ava.’

He was forced to remember despite his unconscious efforts of distraction, and the ever persistent knot inside his throat returned to try and crawl out of his mouth, and his stomach twisted and turned though it was unclear if this was out of disgust or sorrow at this point.
                                                      “There’s something else.” he strained to say, forcefully swallowing back the knot and ignoring the building nausea in his gut. “He has his own group, he calls them moderators.” His imagination brought their faces to the forefront of his mind; Trent, who he’d seen murder one of his closer teammates. Jayce, the one who liked to shout and wave around his gun and had very nearly killed him. Noah, who he only faintly remembered, but for what he couldn’t recall. And Ava, who he’d blindly and foolishly trusted above all else. The one redeeming element of this hell-hole the Game Master liked to call his sport. ******** stupid.

“They’ve all played this game before, too.” he spoke again finally after having taken their mental inventory. “Their job is to make things even harder for us. They know how to use their gifts, and they probably know where we are right now.” He knew the chances were better than probably, and better yet that they were probably on their way to them right as he was speaking. If they stayed here, they’d probably die, whether it be because of them, the cold or otherwise. Even so, he figured that even if they left and started looking for ways to survive that eventually it would lead to the same result. It wasn’t his choice to make and as he’d said before, he’d had no intentions of acting as leader or whatever the Game Master expected him to be, and if these people knew anything about him, they wouldn’t want him to be leader, either.xxxxx

...and would it have been worth it, after all?

Team Two

Feral Genius

User Image
MARYSKA KOSHLA

TO TREAD THIS FANTASY, OPENLY
WHAT HAVE I DONE?

"No." Maryska said with a sigh as their group entered the building and the door was shut behind them. The place was still standing and unlike what she could see through the flurry outside it was much better put together. It was dark, though, and she could have guessed that they wouldn't find any working electricity. "I am from Ukraine, not Russia. The languages are similar to one another." she explained, watching as the other two started working on plans for a fire. "I am Maryska." she stated, remembering the man's request for their names as well as the American's inclusion of her own name: Kalinka. It was a memorable name, it reminded her of one of her father's old songs she'd heard as a child and in fact shared the same name if she remembered correctly, a Russian song, ironically enough.

She watched the woman break down the chairs and place them neatly in some sort of structure she wouldn't have known to make, herself. After she'd done that, she'd come to Maryska asking for the matches. Naturally she would need them to start the fire, though there was still just an ounce of hesitance. Maryska groped at the cold little box in her pocket, running her thumb back and forth over the fine indentations on its surface. She paused a moment to consider this and then finally she retrieved the matchbox and placed it into the woman's open hand. She watched the woman carefully for just a moment longer before setting her sights back on their leader. "What did you mean by 'powers'?" she asked while crossing her arms over her chest to help retain heat while the fire was being made. "And how do we learn what they are?" she added.

Feral Genius

User Image
JAYCE FREDERICKSON
User Image

MY THINKING IS DERAILED, I'M TIED UP TO THE TRACKS
THE TRAIN OF CONSEQUENCES, THERE AIN'T NO TURNING BACK

"Bloody spiffin', 'e just 'ad to bring some little snot-nosed rug-rat 'round, didn't 'e?"
                                                      Jayce scoffed, glowering at the girl as she apparently didn't understand the concept of respecting one's elders. Granted, neither had he ever at her age, but still, hypocrisy wasn't really much of a concern of his. Trent had already started in on the girl, defending himself on the question of his age, though Jayce more than caught that little glance he threw his way when he mentioned not being the oldest of the bunch."Well, ******** you too, Lee." he said, knowing damn well that the bloke might as well had been the oldest seeing as the years between them were not nearly significant enough to count for anything. The red-head returned from her private closet-side screaming session, and Jayce had the mind to ask her what the bloody ******** had she been thinking out there, and that the little scene she had might have gotten them all strung up had the little pawns been just a little less s**t-for-brains. Before he could do that though, Noah finally decided he'd join the party.

"Well, bloody g'day ta ya too, mate, ain't you just a bucket-a-sunshine." Jayce muttered, turning his attention from the little brat to his teammate. Why he always had to be paired up with their other psychopath in stock, besides Trent obviously, bloody well escaped him, not to mention some other aspects of their relationship that were better left unmentioned, at least on the Australian's end. The Canadian took a gander at the map laying out on the table and grabbed a bag, stopping at the door which was Jayce's cue that they were meant to get to business. "Who died and made you captain anyways?" he grumbled as he grabbed the gun, which was of course a little more than outdated like every ******** thing else in this place. Giving the revolver's cylinder one good spin to check for ammunition, he stuffed it into the waistband of his pants and grabbed a box of extras off one of the falling apart shelves." 'Ooroo, mates." he called back, giving them all a sarcastic, half-assed salute as he followed Noah outside and slammed the door behind him.

[********' Jesus C-christ! That bloody son of a... b-b-b-b***h!" Jayce swore over the wind, projecting all his frustrations on the Game b*****d once again for the very shitty weather he probably carefully chose, knowing fully well that if he'd willed it, they could all be somewhere tropical right about now where there wasn't any possibility of freezing one's arse right off of their backside. That, and this wasn't exactly the kind of climate the Australian was accustomed to, which really should have been a given to anyone who knew anything about anything. "A b-bloke couldn't 'ave a b-b-bloody slash out 'ere without f-f-freezing 'is ********' goolies off." he continued to fuss through his chattering teeth. He turned around in place, trying to get some kind of idea of where exactly the ******** they were in the world, though the only clues he could gather were from the multitude of broken if not completely leveled buildings, and what he kind of thought looked like bodies buried beneath the snow. In other words, he had no ******** clue. All of it looked the same at this point. "Do ya got a ********' plan or s-somefing, mate, or d-d-didja drag me out 'ere to m-make a guh-goddamn snowman?" he asked the Canadian, practically yelling over the wind. Figuring he was going to explain or at least start acting anyways, Jayce decided he'd go ahead and get a head-start on the situation. But, goddammit, did he hate this part.

"I'm getting t-t-too bloody old f-for this sh-s**t, ya bloody loon."
                                                      he grumbled to himself, taking a moment to shake out his arms and legs and give his knuckles and neck a good popping before commencing what was perhaps one of the single most unpleasant parts of his life where this job was concerned. All at once every bone in the Australian's body began shifting, creating a loud, gruesome, and splitting cracking sound as they moved and rearranged themselves inside of his own skin, sometimes coming so close to the surface that it almost looked like they'd just poke right through. [******** 'ell." he growled through clenched teeth, doubled over himself in agony before forcing him onto his knees with his hands plunged into the snow. Normally, he'd have himself a stiff drink of whatever he could get his hands on beforehand, but unfortunately enough he didn't see too many options lying out in the goddamned snow. Blood welled and dribbled out of his mouth as the larger, sharper, and more canine set of teeth that started growing tore right through his gums, while another stream of the same trickled out of his slightly crooked nose as it went through its own transition stretching out away from the rest of his face into a snout. His clothes, shoes, and everything else on him seemed to become absorbed into the layer of black hair, which was just the same shade as the mess that sat on top of his head. When all was said and done, and many things were definitely said before they were done, the typically disheveled and gangly form of Jayce was replaced by most people would probably comment on as a mangy, scroungy mutt, a massive black dog that was definitely nothing graceful, majestic, or even really in good health, it would definitely be something you'd want to call animal control about. On the bright side, it sure beat marching around in the cold in some stiff, decrepit, and probably smelly old uniform like some kind of jackass, he thought, staring up at Noah who had yet to reveal whatever this bloody master plan of his was, if he even had one, that was.

User Image

Fanatical Bibliophile

User ImageUser Image
The Junkie || Team One

Russia? At least, that was what the girl with the strange, heavy accent had suggested. Looking around, and based on his extremely limited knowledge of other countries and their rituals and habitats, he supposed she could have been right. It was cold enough, and she seemed to recognize the area, or the language, or something, even if she was from a completely different country. Russia it was then, but just why were they there? What was the significance of this spot?

His teacher had warned him one that not going to school on a regular basis was going to bite him in the a** one day, but he doubted that even she had imagined a scenario quite like this one.

Being indoors wasn’t much warmer than being out there, but at least it took the bite off of the air circulating, causing a severe chill in that respect. “D-da-K-k-kota…” he murmured by way of introduction, tugging the twin jackets a little closer around him. He sighed, closing his eyes as he shivered there against the wall, away from the door and as far from the windows as he could manage, secretly glad that someone else, the woman who called herself Kalista, took the reigns in starting a fire, even if her breaking apart their kindling was making him jump with each swing. Though he knew how, no thanks to his shoddy upbringing, he didn’t think he was going to be able to get it going, shaking as he was. He was just too bloody cold. Even if they were to use the alcohol that the priest man—what was his name again?—had managed to unearth. So cold.

His fingers left the their positions on his chest, fiddling with the layers of icy necklaces that hung around his throat, reaching into the pocket he knew now carried the eyeglasses case with his sanctuary inside. Though he could feel the case pressing against his leg, he had to double check. He would probably need a hit before tonight was out. Though… that was all he had… Then what would happen?

The conversation nearby intrigued him. Super powers, huh? “I t-think that’s s-something the g-g-game whack-ko just m-made up…” he scoffed, struggling to control the shaking of his voice. He sounded a little stronger, a little warmer, thanks entirely to the second jacket he had been given and their group getting out of the icy wind. He thought about their situation for a long moment, even considering the tight grip he had felt when he wanted to go home before in that white room. There was something… off about that. And there had been since. “W-whatever h-he did to me before… t-that was a ma-magic trick… I d-don’t know what he d-did, but he c-c-couldn’t have a-actually used ma-magic… I-it doesn’t e-exist… so why w-would we believe that he would g-g-give it t-to us…?” His silver eyes slid to their friendly returnee, the self appointed (more or less) leader of their little group. “W-why should w-we believe it? P-prove wh-at you can d-do… if it’s t-true…

Catxbutt's Waifu

Sparkly Strawberry

12,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kalista Evanovich Vanderbilt

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

♥ Blood blood blood, pump mud through my veins.

Kalista smiled at the Russian - er, Ukrainian apparently - girl, and returned her attention to the fire. As she ripped pages out of the phone book and crumpled them up, she listened to the rest of the group introduce themselves. Tweak's name was Dakota, and Dakota had an interesting point. Maybe they didn't have any powers at all. If so, that would only prove to piss Kalista off even further. This game master was in for some real ******** pain if she didn't actually have any powers. Of course, if she did it still wouldn't be too good for him.

"Yeah, what can you do, eh?" She asked, looking pointedly at the boy Conor. She didn't want for an answer before returning her attention to the fire. She had crumpled up quite a few little balls of paper before stuffing them all inside the makeshift little cabin. Last step was to place more kindling across the top to form a roof, and light the paper inside. Striking a match on the ground, she lit as much of the paper as she could until it went out. The second half of the match she dropped into the growing flames, and watched triumphantly as the fire slowly began to consume the wood she had built around it. As the kindling started to burn up, she put more on. Another chair slammed into the ground, broken apart and added to the now roaring fire. She smiled, satisfied with herself, and gathered more chairs, one for everybody, around the fire.

"Gather round for the show." She instructed, looked again at Conor. If he could prove that he could do something, then they all probably really did have super powers. But what the hell could hers be? She sighed, frustrated that he hadn't told them WHAT they got, instead of just saying that they had something. That, in her opinion, was complete bullshit. This man obviously had a taste for ******** with people. It only made her want to kill him more. "We should also talk strategy, probably. The other team won't be as nice as we're being to each other." Even as she said it, she wondered why she was being so nice to these people. Sure she had to cooperate with them if she wanted the best shot at winning, but that didn't mean she had to build them a fire, or pull chairs up for them.

Shrugging, she chalked it up to stress. She wasn't herself right now with all this crazy s**t going on. That was all. She'd be back to her no nonsense, no bullshit attitude soon.
I'm a dirty dirty girl, I want it filthy. ♥

Dedicated Lunatic

13,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

❥ Oh, if you only knew
                                What we've been up to, I guarantee you'd keep it secret
                                lpost layout by apo-chan
                                xxxEren Topuz Team 2

The nagging pain of an empty belly and the ridiculous weather conditions was hard enough to handle. Why in the hell did this decrepit excuse for a human being believe he could talk to him in such a way! He had balls that was for sure. Eren smirked and looked away. He made sure his head was at a tasteful angle. So this was how it was going to be.

Eren wasn’t sure how he should handle this bumpkin. Should he quietly let it his anger feister and boil or should he release it now and watch him shudder? “Decisions decisions.” He said with a sigh he placed his hand on his chin and lean forward. The cold and girl talking forgotten for the time being. He felt positively strange. He felt fuzzy almost. He rubbed his eyes for a second before shaking his body. He felt like pointing at the man in front of him and yelling the same thing he did at the girl. He decided against doing that. He didn’t know why he wanted to say he would become his worst nightmare. After all his yelling hadn't been that good.

“You sir...are horrible at this. If you’re going to tell someone off do it right. You have to look the person in the eye and convey everything. Use your hands for god sake.” He said while pointing. “You have to make it undeniably clear. Honestly I was going to yell at you back but...you just aren’t worth the energy. Maybe after I’ve had some food in me.” He said with an exhausted sigh. He could go on longer about how wrong he had gone about scolding him. He could even include how his face look even worse when he yelled. He was the silent type. The seen and not heard beauty..though Eren would never talk to a man like him. He shook his head at him.

“Anywho, I heard a name being thrown around earlier. I guess I should introduce myself again. Though everyone in their right mind should know about the immaculate and unrivaled heir to Turkey’s glorious throne.” Eren shiver as the wind picked up. He couldn’t take much more of this. He was going to die from hypo-whatever it was called. “I am...the g-gr-god damn it’s cold..I am the great Pri-prince..oh my god!” He took a deep breath. “I am Prince Eren Güzel Topuz. It is indeed your pleasure to meet me.” He said. “And since this good for nothing won’t lead us...I will.” He grinned. “Doesn’t that sound amazing. No need to cheer. All will be fine. I say we go that way.” He pointed nowhere in particular. He hoped that the four eyes would change his mind and be leader if Eren decided to step up for the role. He for once didn’t want to be the leader.

It seemed that the should be leader had more information. Eren was all ears. He felt the details rather interesting. it was probably the only thing worth noting about the guy. He knew stuff they never would know without his help. He was their ticket to winning this thing. “So buddy...we have powers huh. I bet mine is super amazing. I bet I have powers akin to the gods.” He said while holding his hands out. He looked over at Hadia for the first time. He wasn’t going to question her weird fashion sense. Maybe blindfolds were in this time of year where she was from. Bet her face was a lot warmer than his.

“What’s this about mods? Oh yeah the people from before. They're all pretty amazing actors if you ask me. I would love to be one. Though I don’t think I can pull off fake choking a person. These guys are pretty crazy huh. I bet they get expensive lunches delivered to their trailers.” His stomach rumbled as he patted it. “And that one girl. To break my phone like that. I thought I was going to die. I think I may have even passed out for 5 minutes or so. It was all a blur really. I thought I was going to have to hang the b***h. What was her name again? You know right? She was your friend. Oh right Ava. So how come your friend is one of the mods and you aren’t? I mean it seems pretty unfair. She’s probably drink hot cocoa somewhere warm while we’re here freezing are a** off. You should be pissed of about that.” He said “I would be if my friends had better privileges than me.” He spat. He could go on and on about the mods. They all seemed really professional in his opinion. He thought they were cool.

Garbage Trash

14,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
User Image

MODERATOR - THE SELFISH - 0%

Jayce did like to talk, or whatever kind of speech it was that came out of that man’s mouth. One, well namely Noah himself, would think that someone in this position for as long as they all had would somber up some or at least take it with a bit less glibness. If it were a few years ago, the Canadian might have responded with a comment on his own, but as things were nothing he could say now that would expedite the process in where the Australian would gather his gear and leave. And the time came where the man’s grumblings eventually lead him to join Noah at the door and turned the knob. With the way open the two mods headed out to cause as much misfortune and adversity as they could bring down upon the hapless cattle that the GM ever so loved to associate with. The cold that permeated the building was nothing compared to the outside. It was certainly very cold as the air wicked past his face it bit with the telltale sting of below freezing temperatures. Of course the Canadian had been through this at almost a daily occurrence in the winters he had back before all this. The temperature couldn’t be lower than -10 degrees, nothing unheard of for a chilly January day. But of course from the moment they stepped outside the Aussie began griping, presumably about the cold because Noah wasn’t quite sure of what a slash was and could at least guess what goolies were. The wind was not quite at a gale but it whipped past the ears harshly enough to make communication rather difficult, all Noah knew was that Jayce was angry, which happened a lot. There was no point in talking now as that would only waist energy and more importantly, time. That and the fact that Jayce seemed to be prepping to do something he should be doing with a little more discretion. As the man’s body twisted and changed, the snow below him becoming blotched with red as the process went on. It was rather disgusting if one were to watch it all the way through, a feat Noah had no inclination of accomplishing. After some time had passed and what sounds he could hear had faded to the wind, Noah turned his head back around to see what one would expect to see if one were to think of Jayce as a member of the canine species staring back at him. Returning to his original direction Noah pointed to a building only a block away which, like many Russian buildings here, had big red symbols on its roof or they could have been letters, but most of them weren’t any he had seen before. It read боль ица.

The two trudged through the snow toward the stalwart building with its imposing walls adorned with fading murals of values and policies long since removed from this place. The front entrance was behind a rather inconveniently placed snow bank with what looked like a large red ‘H’ sticking out the top still being covered by the collecting snow. Once inside they could take a break of the chilling wind and he would let his companion in on what was in store for their team. The Canadian brushed most of the snow and ice off before going too far in, removing the scarf from over his mouth and nose allowing his breath to be clearly seen in the crisp air. “We’re here to find medical supplies, don’t bother with bandages, we just need vials or other things containing medicine, powders and packets take priority over pills and syringes will help but aren’t as important as the rest. We need to do this fast ‘cuz we need to be a block and a half north as soon as possible.” And at that Noah began climbing one of the frozen staircases to a higher floor in search of the appropriate supplies.

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User ImageUser Image
Sunlight running into the moonJust like all the things you doThe way you got meYeah, you're in controlYou can hypnotize me!

╰☆╮☆═━┈┈━═☆╭☆ ╯ "Have you ever looked up at the sky wonder what the stars were thinking? Do they laugh at our misery? I'm so sick and tired of begging them for warmth.".╭☆ ╯ ☆═━┈┈━═☆ ╰☆╮

Aylaina, one moment had been having an uneasy diplomatic conversation with some guy whose name didn't matter at the very second, and attempting to try and ease Kota off of the idea of just jumping the guy and throwing him off the roof.

It'd been a precarious situation, but it didn't matter long, because in an instant, before the other guy could response, before Kota could even retort to her, they'd been moved... joining the rest of the group at the Gallows.

She'd opened her blue eyes in shock, and she'd stayed still, gripping Kota's hand next to her, looking at him, trying to tell him silently to get ready to sprint for it. But then.. of course the biggot sociopath couldn't help but brag. He introduced the mods, and some of them she was surprised at - but she couldn't help but smugly smile over at the other kid whose said she'd been throwing around blind accusations when they said that Ava was a mod. The hysterical, crying, angry wench.

Yeah. Aylaian still had a knack for reading people it seemed. But as he began to speak again, and the feeling of free falling... the instruction to eliminate the other team.

She sat up from the position she'd landed in. A new girl was there... Oh gods...it seemed that some people had been replaced. She couldn't help but worry. Had the others been killed? And these poor new souls... She looked around, and watched as the white haired bloke that had been really touchy touchy with Ava before in the white room had what she assumed was a mini-mental break down.

But it was odd. It was almost as if his despair had infiltrated her. She cared not a single moment for that red haired actress. She'd had a gut feeling about her from the start... still. She felt ...devastated. Like someone had the literal-figurative knife in her gut and twisted until she could hardly breathe.

She hated it... but the guy... composed himself. Aylaina opted not to say anything, but listen and while she listened to the others talk, she noticed the cold of the floor she sat on, her tan skin rising in goosebumps at it. She honestly sighed when she finally noticed the Egolomaniac dark guy was there. The one that kept talking about TV shows and royalty and all of that.

"Bloody hell... shut up." She muttered softly as the guy could only talk about himself. But the guy responded accordingly, so she kept her mouth shut. She blinked when the man admitted to having played the games years ago... thinking that they had won.

She sighed, the more he spoke, the more sick she felt...and she wondered again what was up with these feelings... She'd heard of "empathy" before, like...the paranormal kind. And this guy was talking about abilities. And how they had them now.

So...the mods were real then. Kota's theory about him just saying that to make them turn on each other had gone out the window. She didn't think that the Gamemaster would do something like that. He seemed ...sick. Demented. Twisted. But not...underhanded. in a way that made sense to her. She was certain that the Gamemaster wanted them to know what was going to happen... wanted them to feel every little bit of ... anguish as he could.

And now they had to kill an entire team of people. And mods too if they had to. She closed her eyes and put her head against the wall, shivering quietly... but her eyes snapped open when the guy from Turkey began to talk again.

She grit her teeth...she even bit the inside of her cheek...but finally... when he mentioned that he would be pissed if his 'friends had better privileges than him' she finally snapped. Oi, OI! I wish GM woulda' waited for questions. I needa' know if it's against 'is rules ta off one of our own teammates." She snarled, standing, her blue eyes glistening at "Prince Eren." "Let me tell you something, you stupid t**t. There is no such thing as politics any more. I was the Prime Minister's daughter of Australia before the end. And even if the Apocalypse had not rid the world of government... there would be no government here. You are a nobody here. And your not gonna be makin' any allies in this room if ya dont learn ta keep ya fat mouth shut unless you start using ya brain ta ******** think before ya speak. So if you want ta live to get back to your supposed 'good life' I suggest you shut the ******** up mate, and let that be that." She said, striding past him, to stand by Axel. "An' for the record, I was in Turkey while I was still in the politician's game. I don't remember you. Maybe you just weren't worth the time or energy remembering. But. I guess Eren does have a good idea...we should at least introduce ourselves. I am Aylaina Rose. If we are gonna be teammates, we need ta know each others name. And maybe how to tolerate one another so we can work with each other. I don't know about yous... but I dont intend to die.

Kota was not here... she'd finally just fully comprehended that... and she bit back the anger at the knowledge... they were going to have t be enemies. It didn't matter now. Self made alliances matter not when their lives was in the hand of a completely random supposedly all powerful jackass like the Gamemaster.

"
We're a thousand miles from comfortWe have travelled land and by sea.If you gave me a chance I would take itIt's a shot in the dark but I'll make it

Eloquent Fatcat

13,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
THE PARAGON | TEAM TWO

The situation didn't seem to be going well, no one was really on the same page. Each person seemed to be in their own world. It was understandable, but still rather frustrating. The two others, Eren and Aylaina as they had introduced themselves, both had basically ignored her presence and started to go at each other, but then again, they could be staring at her and she wouldn't know. Hadia adjusted her blindfold, glad for the additional barrier against the biting cold. The man from before with the worry and panic in his voice, he still hadn't introduced himself, but she could tell from the tone of his voice that this was a grave situation indeed. There was no going about it, they had to try and play, or at least survive at this point. They needed supplies, no one had looked around the room or checked nearby yet, and no one knew what was around. They could have been placed in an arctic tundra with nothing for kilometers! Hadia began to move then, moving and feeling along blindly, looking for her guide staff, but all she found was a thin stick. It would suffice for now.

This Game Master was truly demented, just as Aylaina had said, which meant that really, even if they played his game, the only person who really won was him. This game was not fair, but it seemed for now they had no choice but to play it. These people in her group, her included, were thinking of themselves and how terrible it was, so maybe Hadia could be less selfish and more understanding. They were all in this together now. Tapping lightly with her stick and moving surprisingly fast now, Hadia made her way over to the "Prince" and bowed.

"Your most-esteemed, Highness. Thank you for taking the burden of leading us, but don't worry too much about it, I think it would be best if we work together, kind of like diplomacy between our countries? I've heard of you and your great friendships with many other countries." Hadia said, laying it on thick, but not in a condescending way. This was probably how Eren was used to being addressed, any other way and it was lost on him. She used to be a part of Parliament, she knew how to bolster her way in and get her point across.

"You are right, food should be a priority right now. We don't know how far the other teams are, and we don't know where we are." She turned and smiled at Aylaina, "I don't intend to die either." She could hear it in Aylaina's voice that something else was bothering her. She admired her spark, and at least she was willing to get over her outburst and move on. Hadia thought she would get along with the other woman just fine. So she tapped her way closer to Aylaina and held out her hand to shake.

"Hadia." Even though she had stated it before, it was much better to introduce yourself personally, rather than to a large crowd-- her father had taught her that. "Aylaina it's a pleasure to meet you, especially because you understand the need for diplomacy, just like me." She added warmly. If her father was the prime minister before the end, Hadia could relate to the utter chaos that ensued, and she knew that for Aylaina it had to be on a grander scale-- Hadia's father was only part of Parliament.

"As for you..." She sighed, tapping her way over to the perplexed man who had been with this this sadistic Game Master for a while. "It will be alright." Hadia said simply, her voice softened a bit. These poor souls had been through the wringer, and they were not the same. Her mother's voice resounded in her head, Show others compassion, not strife. If her teammates were to survive, they needed to be shown the compassion that this Game Master was not giving them. They needed some hope. Hope was hard to find nowadays and even hope wasn't enough to keep her mother alive, but she had to hang on. What other choice did she have? She hoped for her sister, and for the other people in her settlement. She knew they were hoping for her safe return as well.

"I am obviously blind, so we need to work together to get moving and scope out the room and the surrounding areas. Plus moving will keep us warm." Hadia stated in a matter-of-fact tone, before launching into a thorough inspection of the room. Could they fortify this as their base? They might need more supplies.... She was used to having bandits try and ransack her settlement, but she was also used to not racing against the clock and she didn't like not knowing if the people out there were trained killers, already on the move, all she had was assumptions.

User Image

With: Eren, Aylaina, and some other man

Dedicated Lunatic

13,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

❥ And I was positive that unless I got myself together, I would watch me fall apart.
                                lpost layout by apo-chan
                                xxxConor McKidd ~Team one~ the best team at the moment

This was going a lot better then Conor expected. He had been given a pretty cooperative. everyone was bonding. This was good for him. If he bonded with them. He would be able to protect them better. It would also be bad if they got pinned against each other later in the game. Like now he had to go against Axel. He wasn’t sure how this was going to go down. Now wasn’t the time to think about it.

Conor turned towards Maryska and nodded. “Oh sorry...I’d hate if someone said I was Scottish myself.” He said hoping to lighten the mood more. He didn’t want to offend the girl. It seemed she didn’t mind it too much. He watched as Kalista began breaking chairs apart. He would have helped her but it seemed she was rather capable. “Oh right powers. I don’t know how to go about this.”

Now he had to figure out how to go about telling them about powers. His had just come naturally. His power had sparked up when he needed it the most. he didn’t know how to coach them into using there. Maybe if they could find out what they were initially it would be easier. He touched his chin as the others started to chime in.

“I wouldn’t think that way Dakota. If we didn’t have theses powers, these games would be a lot harder. We would have to search for weapons right away rather than necessities like shelter and food.” He said. “The mods get a head start on everything but that’s another conversation. I don’t think it’s magic. I honestly don’t know what he uses at his disposal. I know he’s something demonic. He isn’t human anymore.” He looked at Kalista and smiled. “My power’s nothing special. I honest can’t do much to help offensively so I hope one of you guys does. Or at least something we can use to our advantage. If not..we’ll have to find weapons. We can wait off on food for a little bit. I have 3 bottles of water and some granola bars. I have a pocket knife, rope, and bandages too.”

Conor took his backpack off. “Hey Kalista catch.” He said as he tossed it. “You want to see my power huh. Well ok. It isn’t something I can just do. Here we go.” He went over to the fire and held his hand over it. He had to get his body prepared. Yes hand, I’m about to stick you and fire..do something about it would you. He thought. He did a few fake nudges. He could feel himself getting pumped. The adrenaline roaming about. The shield formed. The other couldn’t see it. He shoved his hand in making sure not to mess up the set up of the wood. He quickly pulled it out screaming. He cradled his arm. “Quickly someone do something!...Just kidding.” He showed his hand.

This time he did it slower and keep it there longer. He decided to talk now. What better way to show he was fine. “So I can make a shield over my body." He slowly removed his hand. “Nothing special but I’ll do my best to protect you guys if I see something coming your way. Jumping in front of a bullet. Stuff like that.” He nodded. “If you still don’t believe me...go ahead and try to stab me with the knife in the bag.” He took a seat now. His shield still going show.

Mystical Doll

User Image

xxxxxAimé smiled as the others listened to each other. He was glad to get such nice people on his team, even though they were all in such a horrible situation, they were going to make it through together. He listened intently as the others spoke, watching as Kalista broke chairs and made a fire. He himself took a bottle and opened it, pouring just a fraction of it into the fire, letting it blaze. It was enough to warm up the room for sure!

"I'm Aimé. I'm a member of the Circle of the Moon. Which might seem like a cult, but we really aren't!" He waved his hands frantically for a moment as he sat down. "We're a religion based on peace and equality, devoted to understanding the world, and the people that live in it. We're all quite studious, some would say, but we're mainly like nomads. Doing what we want within the barriers we've placed upon ourselves."

His smile was bright as he talked about his people. He would be glad to be home one day, to see the smiling faces of friends and family. To be able to take care of his own and tell them the tale of his adventure so far. He put his hands together and began to pray for them. Words leaving his lips, as he prayed for those he was away from. As the words left his lips, wind seemed to spin, twisting the fire just slightly. The air seemed to change, but only for a moment, as he prayed for their protection.

When he finished, he leaned up enough to watch as Conor stuck his hand into the fire, raising his eyebrows as he watched, the flames going around the skin and the flesh. As if there was something there that they couldn't see. He laughed lightly as the other dared them to do things. Aimé got up from his chair in front of the other, with the pleasant smile on his face as he told the others, "Alright! Watch closely then!" He said with another small laugh.

In an instant, the devout priest had gone from just being a normal human being, to becoming the wind. Aimé had moved so suddenly, and with such a grace that others wouldn't know as his body twisted. One leg outstretched as his foot came within a few inches of the others face. An audible crack could be heard as his leg had obviously impacted something, which happened to not be the others face. He laughed cheerfully, as he hit the others barrier.

He brought his leg down from above the others shoulder. "So interesting!" He said as he hopped once. His leg ached now, but it was worth it. He hopped off the pain, his laughter resounding. It was so interesting that they had powers now! Aimé himself wandered what his would be, but he wouldn't know what it could possibly be. He himself could probably be called a boring person, as on a daily basis he studied and did chores. He took care of others. He loved, and was loved. Simply put.

He sat back down in his chair, his eyes alight with a flame as he wondered. "Too bad there isn't any direct way to figure out what they are. Then again, I guess we wouldn't learn just sitting around anyway. So what should our next plan of action be?" He asked, now that they had a home base and a fire. They had someplace to be.

The mission ahead would be difficult too, so it was probably better to start preparing now. He wondered how the other team was doing, as he listened to the howling wind.
            xxxxx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas