• Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

"Vampire politics make the very
c o m p l i c a i t e d dance of
manners...

User Image

User Image

As soon as the old creature arrived, Ever was on edge. She could sense him before he even walked in. She didn't know him or where he was from, though he looked like he was from a similar world, if not the same. She watched him with curious eyes, not able to tell just how old he was only that he was older than herself and her big brother, who was the oldest creature she knew. When he spoke she listened, though she made an effort not to look as if she were. Claire was swamped with orders, so the vampiress leaned over the bar and helped herself to the first thing she could reach, the pirate glared indignantly, but didn't protest even as Ever shot her a wide fang-filled grin. Settling back in her seat she glanced down the bar at the stranger, a small melodious laugh rippling off the open air before Ever spoke.
"Thae are the natives an' thay aren't so keen on our sort," Ever said, she hadn't realized it until now but her focus on the vampire's age had let her accent slip. It wasn't as thick as it was ages ago, not having lived in Scotland exclusively for over two centuries. It normally only came out when she and Ulf were alone, or when she was angry. "An' I canna say I'm delightful," she added after a sip and a sly grin, "But, I'll tell ye whaur ye are nonetheless." Ever proceeded to explain Enbetwen, how it didn't exist like any other realm, how time nearly stood still here and what the Dark Elves did to strangers who wandered too far from the tavern, though she barely worried for the newcomer.

User Image

Kenpachi_ Owns_All

...that is werewolf protocol look
→ like the
hokey pokey"

lady bunnii's Husband

Dapper Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Kaeneus Arvanitis
Κένταυρος

I scream for some SILENCE
I laugh to [l a u g h] for once

User Image

--------------------------------------------------

Kane listened to every word the other centaur said, smiling a bit at her comment on meeting more mild-mannered centaurs, though in all the stories he had heard it was a rare occurrence.
"My home land is at war right now, the Humans and Dwarves and a few other of the more industrial races are fighting with the Centaurs, Were's and Fae over the Centaur's homelands and forests." kane paused for a moment to take a sip of his water and to make sure she was actually interested in hearing more before speaking again. "Though the herds are few they run free. I was found when I was still very young by a human woman who raised me in a human city. I don't know my birth family and I've never met another of my kind, until now, and though you say you aren't a good representative, I still am glad to have met you." The centaur smiled warmly and moved a bit closer to extend a hand in greeting. He was glad to know that even in other worlds there were creatures like him and it almost cemented his plan to move to another realm. "My name is Kaeneus, but you can call me Kane."

Not there so you [[NOTICE]] I'm gone...
And I breathe 'cause it's necessary

User Image

Desirable Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Kael Odorion Omnis
The Bane of Humanity
Race: Ancient vampire
Origin: Prehistoric England/ Celtic tribal lands

Kael's mouth curled into a genuine smile as he heard the girl speaking to him. Her accent reminded him a little of home and he gave a soft chuckle at that. "Wow, a Scottish lass. You're a long way from home sweetheart, but apparently so am I." He paused to take a sip of his drink and let out a sigh. Reaching into a jacket pocket he produced a crumpled packet of cigarettes and slipped one between his lips. Igniting a flame at the tip of his finger he lit the cigarette and took a long slow drag as he listened to the girl fill him in on the particulars of this place. "Oh I beg to differ my dear. Any one of my kind who is old enough to not be an arrogant little upstart is a delightful sight indeed.Young vampires are a pain in the a** not to mention being annoying little buggers whose recklessness is constantly threatening to expose us to the world. Plus there's the added bonus of you being easy on the eyes." He flashed her a cheeky wink as he downed the rest of his scotch and took a moment to have another drag of his cigarette.

Leaning forwards Kael rested his arms on the bar counter and turned his head to look fully at the other vampire. "So these dark elves are basically a bunch of nutjobs hellbent on domination? Kind of reminds me of the Romans though they were a little more civil in their ways. I guess killing one of them wasn't the best way to make a good impression but oh well." The manner in which Kael spoke of killing was casual and offhand much the same way one might comment on the weather. To him killing was simply a part of who he was not to mention something he enjoyed. The thrill of the hunt always got his blood boiling. "Oh by the way in case you don't already know these Dark elves don't taste so good, I wouldn't recommend trying to make a meal of one of them."

His cigarette finished Kael crushed the butt in his hand giving the tiniest of chuckles as he felt it burn his hand before going out. He then finally seemed to remember his manners and with a charming smile making it's way onto his face he once more fixed his full attention upon the other vampire. "I seem to be forgetting my manners. I am Kael Odorion Omnis...A bit of a mouthful I know,what can I say, my parents must have been high when they named me. Kael with do just fine. And you are?" He watched her intently as he waited for her answer his glittering green eyes drinking in every detail of her.

lady bunnii's Husband

Dapper Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

manners...

User Image

User Image

Ever couldn't help but laugh again at the way he spoke of younger vampires and she couldn't agree more. She hated young ones, and kept only a few whom she could tolerate around in her domain, making sure all the others feared her like a god.
"So, it wad seem we are from the same place," she said skillfully hiding just how much she loved his compliments, "Gaelic was ma first language, an' every so often it shows," she paused for a moment, looking him over, he wasn't so bad on the eyes himself and caught herself smiling at the thought, "Though I usually keep your standard American, accent in most settings," she finished, slipping between accents as though it was completely effortless, and by this point it was. She didn't bother to tell him that it was his power that threw her off her game and let her accent slip.
At the mention of the Dark Elves' blood she licked her lips, remembering just how hungry she was and took another swig of her drink, the burn in her throat and the hunger in her stomach was slowly becoming more than a mild annoyance.
"I didn't know that about the Elves," she told him, "but I will remember the next time we cross paths, an' yes they are like less civil Romans," she said with a laugh, "I was born before Rome and still there has been nothing quite like that empire. Though, I do believe they were their own downfall."
When Kael introduced himself, Ever racked her brain for any type of recollection, she might have heard it, but wasn't sure either way. The Vampiress slipped off of her barstool, drink in hand and slid into the one closest to him, tossing some random bar patron out of the way to do it.
"It's a pleasure," Ever said smoothly, "My name is Evandra Nite, though my surname changes like the seasons. Ulfsson is what my brother goes by, but that is hardly befitting of a vampire." Ever laughed a bit at the idea of having that last name, and was sure Kael would feel the same.

User Image
OOC: Sidenote Ulfsson is pretty much "Wolf's son" in old norse

→ like the
hokey pokey"

Desirable Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Kael Odorion Omnis
The Bane of Humanity

Kael gave a small chuckle at her realisation that they were more or less from the same place. "Ah Gaelic, one of my favourite languages to be sure. There's something homely about it. Reminds me of the good old days when humans were still primitive beings and easy to keep in line. Nowadays they think a little too highly of themselves with all their technology and fancy gadgets. Still a human is still a human and they are frail and easily broken. I fact I like to remind the good old vampire hunters of every so often. After all the day when the predator has cause to fear the prey is a dark day indeed."

Kael waited for his glass to be refilled and took another sip from it as he listened to her and gave a deep chuckle at her explanation on changing accents. "Well when you've been around a while it can get a little boring. Reinventing yourself every few centuries helps to keep the boredom at bay. I mean let's face it when you have the whole of eternity as your playground you can be pretty much anything you like." Her talk of the Romans sparked a glimmer of interest in Kael's eyes. He had known she was no youngling but apparently she was older than he had first assumed. "Isn't that the way of man though? I've seen whole empires rise and fall because of greed and internal strife. Humans build these kingdoms only to watch them crumble around them. Personally I think they're a tad bit too ambitious. Their greed always has and always will end up becoming their downfall."

As she moved to sit next to him and introduced herself Kael swivelled in his seat to watch her. "It's a pleasure to meet you Evandra. It's not often that I find myself in such pleasant company." Her mention of her brother's surname bought a dry smile to his lips and he gave a soft laugh."I have to agree with you there. Not a very fitting name. Personally I'm not too fond of our furry friends. There's a particular Lycan back home who has a little bit of a vendetta against me. In fact I was in the midst of teaching him a lesson when I somehow ended up waking up here. I get that he's angry but it's not like I did anything too drastic. All I did was slaughter his pack because they insulted me." Kael gave an almost sadistic chuckle at that. To him killing off just over a hundred Lycans was like taking a stroll in the park. A warm up if you will. He wasn't the kind of vampire to let insults go easily either. A fact that many had discovered over the years. "I have to admit though that I'm curious about something. If these Elves are so much of a pain why has nobody gone and taken care of them? They're not all that from what I've seen so far. They die just as easily as anything else."

((Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was something along those lines but I wasn't completely sure.))

Devoted Friend

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tipsy 100
((Sorrysorrysorry! I'll be back in just a minute. Gonna read up and jump in. I'm not usually so busy :/))
User Image
Clover
Centauress

Clover listened intently, nodding along to show her interest. A lot of the race names were beyond her, or again only spoke to the fairy tale lore she overheard when travelling. Dare she say she was raise by her father because her mother was human and had to be deceived to think she was dead? The very thought of herds though sent a ripple of excitement through her. One her back hooves pawed idly at the floor. At his offered hand she took it and shook, firmly.

"I am Clover. I work as a fletcher for the most part, which I guess is really solitary work, but it comes with the ha- erm, centaur status that that you won't be doing something with lots of people. But I'd like to say I'm good at what I do, no one else can get the pheasant feathers without a speck of blood on them." She scoops up her shoulder bag to open and show off with a flourish that it is stuffed with clean and perfect, without nicks, plumage of all sorts of colourful birds.

Devoted Friend

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tipsy 100
User ImageUser Image
Name: Beleothia
Name: Ardaios

Race: Guardian Angel
Race: Fire Demon

Origin: The Celestial City
Origin: Hell
User Image

A smile perched itself on the angel’s lips as the Halfling continued to talk. She certainly had a fondness for oversharing, didn’t she? Beleothia wondered if perhaps she lacked the ability to keep her own thoughts to herself, not that it was necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it made Vina seem all the more friendly. It was appreciated on Bel’s end, because she could use the good company for a change. Even if she didn’t know of the place of which Vina spoke, she still nodded politely to keep the conversation flowing. There was no reason to be rude about it, and Vina had seemed to accept not many knew of where she had come from. How many there had come from Bel’s Earth?

Bel let her eyes wander, watching as new patrons came and went from the tavern; all such a varied bunch that she had no trouble believing none of them came from the same realm. It was amusing to see all the new faces (and species). She let her mind wander as she inwardly counted the different ones who arrived. There were vampires and a couple of Centaurs. A demon, some wereanaimals. She wondered what they all had in common that had brought them there now. How long had some of them been there, too?

A new man came in and sat by the woman Ardaios had been flirting with. That seemed enough of a reason for him to shrug her off and leave it be, as much as that surprised Bel. Instead, the demon came and stood beside the angel. She offered him a small glance before looking back at the Halfling and the new Centaur companion she had somehow acquired in the time Bel had let herself lose focus.

Despite herself, a scoff passed the angel’s lips when Vina introduced Ardaios as her friend. Frowning at the thought (and at how rude she had been), Bel shook it off and smiled brightly at the Centaur. “Hello, Clover,” she greeted her, offering a friendly nod toward Kane as well. She tried her best to ignore how much any of them consuming alcohol upset her. It was not her place there to judge any of them. For all she knew, where they came from it wasn’t considered sinful.
---
OOC:Kinda crap, sorry about that :/

Alerane

Octavian Shima

lady bunnii's Husband

Dapper Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

manners...

User Image

User Image

Ever nodded in agreement with a smile on her face, this was the longest and friendliest conversation she had had with her own kind in some time, though his age still made her uneasy and by no means would she lower her guard, that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy herself.
"I'm most fond of the arcane languages myself. I agree, there was always something more to them. Now humans throw around words like they hold no weight, but words cannot be unsaid or unwritten." The vampiress took another sip of her drink, biting back an instinctive hiss at Kael's negative words towards her family.
"Be easy with your tongue, friend," she said kindly, though it was an obvious warning, "The wolves are my brothers and I will defend their honor as such." Ever didn't look at the vampire as she spoke but instead watched as Rahne reentered the tavern, his face filled with the stress of protecting those he cared for. She knew as soon as he sensed Kael's power that her brother would return to her side and right on time here he was.
His body language said more than his words, spending as much time as she did around wolves, Ever was a pro at body language, which, of course, made her great at poker.
"Speaking of the devil," she said extending an arm out to Rahne, "this is my brother, Rádúlfr Ulfsson, though in this century he goes by Rahne. Rahne this is Kael." Rahne was younger than Ever, but was stronger in his own right. They were only half siblings, and the wolf's bloodline was far more pure. Rahne nodded in greeting, resisting the urge to stare down the stranger and instead turned to his sister, "I am fine little brother," she said patting him reassuringly on the arm before he could even ask, "let the old creatures have their fun, I'm sure you have someone else to look after." Rahne didn't leave and instead took a seat next to his sister and ordered a drink.
User Image

→ like the
hokey pokey"

Desirable Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Kael Odorion Omnis
The Bane of Humanity

Despite her not saying anything Kael noticed the sudden change in the other vampire's attitude and he let out a quiet sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "I seem to have hit a nerve. My apologies. It was not my intent to offend in any way." Kael took another sip of his drink and thought for a few moments before he spoke again and when he did his voice was level and calm. "Perhaps I should clarify a little then maybe my reasons might become a little clearer. The city that I have been living in for the past few years is home to both Lycans and Vampires. There is a war going on and despite the best efforts of both races to come to some sort of agreement it isn't going so well. I meant no offense personally it's just that I'm not really accustomed to meeting a Lycan who doesn't want to tear my throat out so I tend to be on edge around them." Kael went silent for a few moments to allow his explanation to sink in. When Evandra introduced her brother Kael gave a small nod of his head as way of greeting though he couldn't help but to tense up ever so slightly though he soon relaxed when it appeared that he wasn't about to attack.

Taking another sip of his drink Kael looked at Evandra once more and his attitude was once more relaxed and at ease. "So how long have you been here, in this, what did you call it? A pocket realm? I have to say landing here was a bit of a shock. I don't even know how I got here or if I can even get back. I'm also curious as to whether or not any others from my world have arrived here."

Kael finished his drink and set the empty glass down on the bar counter with a small sigh. Sometimes he really did know how to put his foot in it without thinking before he spoke. This was obviously one of those times. He would rather not ruin what was turning out to be a rather enjoyable evening so far by making any more offensive remarks. Better be careful with what he was saying. He really would hate for the evening to turn sour by causing a fight with his rash words.

((A crappy post, I'm sorry, I seem to have suddenly gone a little braindead haha ))

lady bunnii's Husband

Dapper Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
Paranoia: the gift of the surviror and the B u r d e n...

User Image

It was Rahne who spoke up when Karel asked about Enbetwen and how long Ever had been there, not so much to butt in but more so to show no ill will towards the old creature. The wolf knew how to pick his fights and though he was still uneasy he had no intention of starting a fight with his sister's new...friend?
"My sister and I, and a few others come and go as we please. This place is under my pack's protection, the elves may not be strong alone but they are vast in numbers and seek only to claim the portal we have here." Rahne stared off as he spoke, his wolf uneasy within him, "we aren't sure what sends travelers here but once you have been here you can always return. To go back to your land you need only think of it as you cross into the portal." The wolf paused for a moment, taking a deep breath then turned to face Kael with an extended hand. "I apologize for my tense behaviour, you caught my wolf off guard and it took me some time to calm him down, but it's a pleasure to meet another creature from the old world and I hope things can stay cordial between us, despite your dealings with the rest of my kind. I'm sure you don't need it, but you have my protection from the wolves here."

Ooc: doing yard work, hard to post. I will post for Kane and whoever else as soon as I can

of the overtired, [stressed,] and terrified...

User Image

Desirable Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Kael Odorion Omnis
The Bane of Humanity

Kael turned to face Rahne as he started to speak and explain the way of things in this world. "I see. Well it's good to know I can get back if I choose to but despite the strangeness of my arrival here I think I may stay a while. After all it's not like I'm short on time is it?" He gave a quiet chuckle at his own words. As Rahne explained the motives of the Dark Elves Kael frowned ever so slightly and when he next spoke he was careful how he phrased his words to avoid offending the male who was obviously uneasy enough around him already. "Forgive my impertinence but can't you simply do something about them? I would think that with the combined efforts of those who are here you could easily defeat the elves. Unless I'm missing something and they're stronger than they first appear. I have to say first impressions weren't exactly stellar, they didn't exactly strike me as being strong enough to take this place by force despite thier numbers."

Taking the hand extended to him Kael shook it and gave Rahne a small smile. "Likewise I apologise if anything I said may have offended you. I'm afraid in my old age I might be getting a little too judgmental. Considering you haven't tried to kill me yet I'll take that as a good sign" As he finished speaking Kael gave a chuckle and ordered himself another scotch which he downed in one and set the glass back down. The upside to being a vampire was a higher alcohol tolerance meaning he could literally drink 24/7 without any negative repercussions. It's not like he had a hangover or liver disease to worry about. The offer of protection was a welcome if not unexpected gesture which caused Kael to drift away into his own thoughts for a moment. He had never once met a lycan who didn't hate him for being a vampire. It was actually a refreshing change.Snapping back to reality Kael responded to Rahne with a small smile playing across his lips "You're right. I don't need it but the gesture is appreciated all the same. I'll keep to myself and as long as they don't attack me first everything will be good."
Name: Vina
Origin: Mundus
User Image

Species: Halfling Age: 28 Location: Tavern Bar

There was a halfling stuck in the middle of three or four different conversations. Vina was in heaven. Welcoming everyone and trying to remember names (including some oddly similar ones like Kane and Kael), she chatted it up until she felt she was in storytelling mode. Everyone had started to go on about their personal stories and histories, and the halfling spent some time soaking in it and nodding along before she decided it was time to contribute.

The woman had a drink and a half in her, which was (believe it or not) enough for a happy buzz and a little loose limb control.

"Hey, I bet none of you have something like this where you're from," she said conspiratorially. Reaching into her backpack, she picked the open spot on the floor between two centaurs, two demons, an angel, a werewolf, and a space pirate. Tossing down a pair of labeled bags ahead of her, she climbed off the stool.

Okay, so, she started thinking carefully, One, if Coadi was here, she'd tell me to stop, so it's good she's not here. And two, there's plenty of people here who could deal with my plant so I'm sure she'll understand.

Dumping out the rest of her bag of salt in a thick pile on the floor, she set the other bag like a prize on top of it. "You'll love this," she reassured everyone.

Tugging the bag down, it magically revealed a potted plant and mounted engineer's light far larger than what should have fit inside the small leather pouch. The plant was made up of row after row of writhing green tentacles, each no more than a foot long, that slapped at the sides of the pot and tried to tug down the lamp assembly clamped onto the clay rim.

Two of the vines managed to reach the salt below, and recoiled as if in pain upon touching it.

"On Mundus, we call this the Roil. It covers maybe 20% of the continent I'm from. No one knows where it came from, but boy is it feisty! Isn't it neat?" she looked up for eye contact.

lady bunnii's Husband

Dapper Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Kaeneus Arvanitis
Κένταυρος

I scream for some SILENCE
I laugh to [l a u g h] for once

User Image

Kane smiled a bit at the introduction, and nodded a hello to the blonde stranger as well (Bel), leaning over the bar a bit so he could see her better.Looking at all the feathers, the centaur was a bit envious.
"I could never deal with things so delicate," he told her and reached back into one of his own bags, he pulled out a dagger, etched with intricate designs in the blade and a green gem at the end of the hilt that was wrapped in a fine leather. "This is what I do," he told her, "Well usually its horseshoes or hooks and nails, but occasionally I get to make blades and in my free time I enjoy crafting daggers." He slid the dagger towards Clover so she would get a better look. He watched her carefully, not often having the chance to hear what someone thought of his craftsmanship. His tail flicked in mild irritation as the halfling drew everyone's, including Clover's, attention away. Still, he watched slightly interested. As the plant moved and wriggled, it made him uneasy, his hooves shuffled on the hard floor, moving him a bit further away. "That can't be safe..." Kane said eying the strange plant.

OOC: Heaping pile of turd....

Not there so you [[NOTICE]] I'm gone...
And I breathe 'cause it's necessary

User Image

lady bunnii's Husband

Dapper Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

manners...

User Image

User Image

Ever was grateful that her brother was able to pull himself together, most wolves had trouble with negative surprises and dealt with them, well lets just say it was usually overkill. "The only real problem with the elves, besides their numbers, is we don't know where exactly they reside and if their numbers are as vast as we believe it would be about the equivalent of a praying mantis attacking a colony of fire ants." Ever rested her head on one of her hands, her eyes on Kael. "On top of that, this has been the busiest the tavern has been in ages, and most people who come here don't want to fight for a place or people they barely know. Only Rahne's pack and Claire are here regularly." Rahne nodded in agreement with his sister before speaking.
"Maybe if we had you, and our brother. You are by far the oldest creature I have met and our brother is the oldest werewolf in our world. If we had an assortment of older creatures like that, that were willing, I would go in blind." Ever scoffed a bit, giving her brother a look.
"My little brother has this nasty thing called morality that prevents him from making decisions without knowing all of the repercussions, especially when that might endanger someone else's life." Though Ever teased, she was always proud of Rahne and made efforts to be more like him, though life often handed him crap, he always saw the best in others and put everyone before himself.
The vampire was extremely glad when Kael accepted Rahne's fragile treaty. Though it wasn't discussed as such it was very much so and Ever knew just how set in their ways older vampires could be, she saw one every day when she looked in her mirror. Old creatures don't like change, at least none that she had met.
When the halfling spoke up, Ever glanced with unamused eyes at her dancing plant and wrote off the creature as drunk and turned back to Kael and Rahne.

User Image

OOC: Almost forgot to add. In the world my characters are from werewolves originated from the story of king Lycaon (Greek Mythology) and Nikomedes and Rahne are both fourth generation werewolves directly related to the king, though Nik is much older than Rahne. I have no origin for my vampires yet and I'm only saying this in case you wanted to make them from the same if not closely related worlds.

→ like the
hokey pokey"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out