Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Doors are a passageway, an entrance and an exit, between two different places. A simple idea and a simple design. As a passageway that leads between some doors lead to much more than you imagined. For six individuals, a simple doorway will be the entrance to something much greater. Different lives, different pasts, different times they will be drawn through a simple door and enter into a completely different realm. However, once they pass through the doorway, it shall disappear until they find their path home, or become another denizen of the Forgotten Realms.

Once through the doorway, our six individuals will find themselves in a place of both dream and nightmare. A magical labyrinth of twists, turns, and danger around every corner. The denizens of this world wish for them to stay and join them, while the individuals will wish to simply find a way home. Friendships, alliances, betrayals, and hardships await in the journey of finding the answers that will lead them on their path back through the door they came.

The world of Requiem is a world of constant change. A place where death brings new life. It is upon the world of Requiem that the labyrinth of despair awaits our characters. The labyrinth is a home to many and none at the same time overseen by the Grand Master. A place of woes and a place of wonder, it feeds off the emotions of those who are drawn into its dizzying maze. Some consider it a sacred place to find enlightenment and self awareness, while others simply see it as an eternal damnation. What comes of it depends on the individual trapped within. Only those who can confront their inner demons and survive are able to pass beyond the walls of the labyrinth and find the doorways that lead to an exit.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself, and to face our own true being.

However, the Grand Master will always warn that what you see isn't what you always think, and when a doorway leads both in and out it does not always lead where you wish it to go. There is an entire world outside of the Labyrinth of Despair, perhaps finding the way out isn't quite finding the way home?
Though a walk-in style with no profiles required, there are some rules to abide by

RULES OF THE GAME

1) I am the GM so my word is law. As such I reserve the right to kick you out of the story if you break the rules, and will delete your posts. Don't make me have to be mean, I'm not a mean person at heart D:

2) Please provide me with a first and last name of your character in the first post. Also, please do not stretch the page with your picture.

3) I don't like overly large RP's so I am limiting this to 5 other people to make the full six. If the story expands I may open more spots. First five to make intros are in. After that I please PM me to ask permission.

4) This will probably be a mixed genre type RP but please don't god mod or be way over the top. No one is invincible and you CAN die in the RP (with consent)

5) Be respectful of one another and don't ignore people or leave us all behind on a post rampage! i work 40+ hours a week so having to come home when I'm exhausted already and reading 10+ pages of missed posts then trying to jump back in is rather discouraging.

6) Follow all TOS and s**t. No sexing it up. No overt profanity (I of course allow cursing but be an adult about it). Use logic...a 12 year old will not know everything and be all powerful. etc

7) Have fun and be creative, but please don't go over the top!

8 ) will add something here eventually

9) Something something something I can't remember what I was going to put here... eek

10) Rules subject to be added and or changed!

~~~~~

CHARACTERS

** means they have been inactive for greater than 24 hours, a pm has been sent for continued participation. if no response via pm or new post is provided within 48 hours of the pm being 'sent' I will write the character temporarily out of the rp. If you wish to join in again you must pm me. character name means the person has left the RP or did not respond so I've written them out.

Simone Langoria aka Syri
Ambrosia Skylar**
Lance
Kaidenga
Houri Banks
we are open for business
>~~~<>Simone Langoria<>~~~<
>~~<>Aka Syri<>~~<

User Image

The memories, still so strongly embedded into her mind's eye, tormented her. The betrayal, the paint, the loneliness, all the emotions piled inside her body and simply trapped for so long. Trapped just as she had been in the frozen waste of her imprisonment. However, now was the time for her to rise once again. To seek her revenge on the one who had betrayed her so.

From deep within the frozen earth, the ground would start to tremble in the isolated cavern she had been trapped within for 20 years.The winds would kick up loose snow creating a small winter storm around the single tree that stood within the cavern. The speeds of the winds mimicking a lonely cry, or perhaps that was a real cry of pain and suffering. Suddenly, from the dislodged ground, a hand sprang forth pulling behind it the rest of a once entombed body.

Gasping for air, a young woman with strange red eyes and pale skin climbed from the earth itself after 20 years of isolation. The winds whipped around her naked body as she finally stood, taking in her first breath of fresh air in so long. Yet the only thing running through her mind was the pain as she let out a frustrated cry and fell to her knees as if she were a newborn child. The wind finally settled down as it fell upon her and clothing materialized upon her figure.

Looking at her hands she realized she was finally free. This strange woman who had crawled from the earth also had strange, unnatural, features; the most notable being the wolf like ears and bushy tail. With only pain and anger on her mind, her nutrition deprived body fought against her urge to move through the blistering cold. Yet onward she moved climbing the frozen tundra with no sight of life around her. Finally, exhaustion overcame her as she cried out in desperation collapsing to the ground onto her hands and knees, tears frozen in her eyes.

Suddenly there was a warmth before her as if a fire had just been lit. Gathering herself she looked up slowly to see that a doorway had suddenly appeared. Drawn to the door she reached a hand forward and as her hand touched the knob to open it a blinding light engulfed her--
>~~<>Aka Syri<>~~<

User Image

Simone had shielded her eyes when the bright light hit. After being entombed for so long the light stung her sensitive eyes. When it cleared she was on the other side of the doorway in some strange land. She appeared to be entering through a large tree, a dark pool of water extended before her and on the other side a domed pathway leading deeper into some strange abyss. The entire feel of the place was heavy and made her heart sink. She took a step forward to get a better view, and the sense of dread simply engulfed her. She turned to flee back through the doorway, but the door had vanished, and all that stood there was the twisted and rotted remains of a tree.

With no other way to go except forward she sighed heavily. Her stomach growled and she itched to kill someone or something from her years of imprisonment. She felt the chains of her entrapment were still wrapped around her. Growling softly she walked forward into the dark waters and swam across to the other side. Shaking herself dry as a fox might she peered at the large domed entrance now before her. A stone banner was carved at the top in some unknown language to her. However she could make out the words Labyrinth and Master.

Shrugging she decided to move forward into the entrance and find out what was on the other side. What else did she have to lose? Maybe she'd actually died and this was her retribution?
+ + +
Ambrosia Skylar

+ + +

User Image
Ambrosia raises her head slightly off the ground as the images surrounding her begin to stop spinning and her vision focuses. The world is finally tilting in a sensible matter. Where the hell am I? she thinks to herself. Ambrosia looks at her surroundings as she raises up onto her arms. The grass here is long, and the sound of streaming water can be heard nearby. There are strange trees to her left. A soft clicking noise comes from within the safety of the tree line. How did I get here? Ambrosia wonders to herself.

She ever so carefully lifts her small frame off the ground, straining with the effort of lifting her body. Her head feels three times too large, and her neck strains from the unexpected weight. She inhales a deep breath and slowly releases the excess air in her lungs. Looking around, Ambrosia deciphers that she is in the middle of a meadow that is in fact surrounded by those strange trees. The slim white bark holds leaves that are tinged a strange aqua blue color. They're bizarre.

Lifting to her unsteady feet, Ambrosia slowly spins in a circle. Roughly 100 meters to her right, before the line of trees begins, is a strange shape. It looks to be a door, a free standing door, in the middle of this vast field. "How strange," she whispers, cringing at the raspy tone to a voice that doesn't seem to belong to her.
+ + +
Ambrosia Skylar

+ + +

User Image
Ambrosia stares at the oddity of the door. The oak object is massive; there's even an old lion's head knocker centered in the middle of the door. Ambrosia just can't stop staring. Without realizing, she moves ever so slowly towards the door. Her feet slide unhuman-like on the ground, which leaves a haphazard trail in her wake.

In less than a minute the small girl is staring at the door. Without thinking and without planning too, Ambrosia lifts her fragile arm and takes hold of the knocker. The weight of the metal is as unexpected as her movement to the door. The lion's head is heavier than she would have guessed. She inhales a breath and looks first to her right and then to her left, as if someone is going to jump out before she can bang her fist against the wood.

With no one to stop her, and feeling that the space she inhibits is completely empty, Ambrosia knocks on the door. Instead of the sound of metal against wood, the door merely opens. The girl stares in awe. She doesn't even think about it, doesn't even consider the consequences. Ambrosia simply moves forward into dark nothingness.
>~~<>Aka Syri<>~~<

User Image

As she didn't seem to have anything to lose, Simone shrugged and walked through the entrance, feeling a gust of cold air rinse over her in the process. Once more she turned around as her ears picked up on movement, but the movement was her once more becoming entrapped! She let out an angry growl that resonated in the air and stirred up some air born creatures in the distance.

The passage she'd stepped through had closed, just like the door, and now she found herself trapped in a long corridor with the choice of going one of two ways, left or right. She pounded on the walls and even tried to blast them away with her magic, but it was no use. She was too weakened from being trapped so long before.

Frustrated, she even tried to jump over the hedge but the higher she went the higher the wall became. Was this some sort of illusion? Trickery? No this must be hell. She had nothing to kill, maim, or eat, and she was rather pissed off. Wonderful. Growling faintly she landed back on the ground as she decided to head to her left and search for a way out of this labyrinth.

Aged Explorer

align=center]~~Lance~~
Company: None
Mood: Uneasy

User ImageUser Image
It was a calm summer day and Lance was on his usual walk through the forest that his home resided in, It was still early and the sun light was breaking through the canopy of the trees. After about an hours walk he came to a stop and sat on a downed tree to relax a bit wiping some sweat from his brow. He sat and took in his surroundings listening to the sounds of the nearby creatures, the calming noise of running water and the breeze gliding across his skin. It was then he realized something a bit out of place. something he's never seem in these woods before.

A white wooden door sat at the base of a very large tree. The door was ornate and looked as if it was apart of it. Slowly getting up he approached the door intrigue of how it got there or who put it there. Now only a few steps away he examined the odd markings the way it melding with the tree leaving no seam lastly the most out of place oddity was the fact it had no knob. His claws grazed his chin thoughtfully his mind running with what to do next.

Just then the door swept open causing a bright light to wash over him causing him the shade his eyes briefly. Blinking a few times he opened his eyes and gazed into the doorway. Inside it seemed to hold a hallway the stretched out both to the left and right. With out much thought his curiosity took over and he stepped through the door looking around the hedges stretched up and out as far as he could see. Just then he noticed a woman standing just a ways away from his. She seemed to have ears and a tail of sorts. He then turned back to check the door he came through and it was gone. placing his hand over his face he let out a heavy sigh " Did I really fall for that and now I have no idea where I am " He said to himself

(ooc: Ello! )
Porcelain_Nitemare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas