Welcome to Gaia! ::

Even though this is very, very, long, read this post before you start.
First of all, if you are one of those people that can't write in complete sentences, construct paragraphs or insists on using l33t(yes, that infernal language actually has a name!), please leave. this is for literates only.

Now, for those of you that have read any of Terry Pratchet's 30 or so discworld books, welcome. I'm sure no explenation is needed as to what this is. In this Discworld RPG there are very few rules. there are the usual ones such as no cursing, no cybering, no spam, no godmodding, no power playing, no killing off other characters unless they agree. The only real "Discworld" rule is that you have to play as an original character. only original characters.Due to popular demand, some characters I will allow. clear it with me first though... please.(if you wish to be a god, godess or one of the immortal characters like the hogfather, death or death of rats leave a message ooc before starting the RPG.)

Now, that was the easy part. For all of you that have never experienced the wonder that is Terry Pratchet, welcome! Here is the text book explenation of what the Discworld is:

"The Discworld turned against the glittering backdrop of space, spinning very gently on the backs of four elephants that perched on the shell of great A'Tuin, the star turtle. Continents drifted slowly past topped by weather systems that themselves turned gently against the flow like waltzers spinning counter to the whirl of the dance. A billion tons of geography rolled slowly through the sky."

Confused? Don't be. Discworld is just like earth, just better(or worse, depending on how you look at it). Fo one thing, it's flat. So yes, you can fall off the edge. The setting is like modern day meets the middle ages. there are no guns, no planes and no space shuttles. There are no TVs and no computers. Flying carpets and brooms are okay. You can be any race imaginable(vampires, warewolfs, elfs, zombies, humans, etc.) An explenation of the races will follow. Now, the rules are the same as for those people that have read discworld, you just don't have to worry about using one of Pratchet's characters. One more thing... no one is omnipotent. I mean it.

Short list of places:
Ankh-Morpork - this is where I will be starting my character. This is a citie/country that reminds me of a cross between london and new york. You can buy anything and everything here. And if they don't have what you want, they'll steal it for you.
Unseen University - this is where the wizards learn to be wizards. No women allowed! school rules.
The mended drum - before the fire known as The Broken Drum. This is one of the more prominant bars in Ankh-morpork.
The Watch - The citie's finest. can usually be found in various bars and taverns.
The guilds - there's a guild for everyone and everything. some of the more prominant ones are the guilds of assasins, thieves and lawyers.
Fouecks(ecksecksecksecks) - The last continent. Not at all like Australia, really!
Klatch- Ankh-morporks neighboring enemies. there hasn't been a war in 100 years but that never lasts does it?

I'll explain some of the other places as and if they come up.

Species of mention:
Humans-humans are humans, what else can I say?
Elfs- don't be an elf unless you really wish to be disliked.
zombies - some are quite livly while others are just plain dead.
Warewolfs - they're okay as long as you don't mind the killing and the occasional furball.
vampires - arrogant, bloodsucking ingrates. There are black ribboners who are okay. They have sworn off blood but have some very strange obsessions.
Trolls - Dumb as dirt...none live in Klatch because it's too hot and their brains would melt.
dwarfs - watch out for dwarf bread! it's not baked, it's forged... other than that, they're quite likeable fellas.

And finally you have reached the end of the beggining. One last thing... Have Fun!!!
oki, I'm gonna try to bump this...
(((((((bump)))))))I really don't like doing this but is there another way?
aw come on people!!!!!!!!! what does it take to get you guys interested in a fantasy role play?!
[[How about spelling "literates" right in the title? =333 And aww why can't we be the characters from the books? crying crying crying I still want to be death >< You HAVE to have death!!!]]
((Gah, I feel bad that I've only read one of the books now, I read The amazing maurice and his educated rodents, that was good. I'd like to join give me a minute and I'll think up a character. Are you allowed to be a witch or wizard, by the way?))
Silvestris Blackrose
((Gah, I feel bad that I've only read one of the books now, I read The amazing maurice and his educated rodents, that was good. I'd like to join give me a minute and I'll think up a character. Are you allowed to be a witch or wizard, by the way?))

[That's not one of the Discworld series, is it.. o.o; Omg read Jingo, or The Truth, or Masquerade, or Interesting Times!!!!!! >_<]
witch or wizard's good... and Neko, Itold you, you can be death

Fashionable Star

11,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
((Dangit! I found this cool thread and now I have to go to work in five minutes. **cries** Oh well. Good luck, hun. Long live Discworld!))
Neko_Ayashii
Silvestris Blackrose

[That's not one of the Discworld series, is it.. o.o; Omg read Jingo, or The Truth, or Masquerade, or Interesting Times!!!!!! >_<]

((im not sure actually, I think its set in diskworld... I read it a while ago though so I might just be confuzzled. I have the book on my shelf though, I can go look))
cyborg-mermaid
((Dangit! I found this cool thread and now I have to go to work in five minutes. **cries** Oh well. Good luck, hun. Long live Discworld!))

Hopefully this thread will continue so come and join us when you come back from work...
[by the way Neko, I have a new dream... I'm saving up for elf ears now]
[So can we start??? blaugh I know you did, but still, it would be fun ;-;]
Neko_Ayashii

would you like to start or should I?
Neko_Ayashii

((ah, it is a diskworld book. I didnt even have to look inside. It says "a story of diskworld" on the front. Mystery solved :3))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff