Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many?

+1 1 100.0% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Takt
{Sadness to the loss of a player. I hope my response isn't too far off from what you had expected}
((no no. very literate. timing ok. I'm the one worrying about my posts because I'm the co-GM!!!!! And how much I should be controlling your characters, and how much you people should be controlling the NPCs....I've never done an RP so...stage fright. But it's not a dead thread at least!))
Marin Labyrinth
The woman who fired the weapon, who has been standing on the sidelines, sidles up to Natalia and the group of men. "She's done nothing. She was just standing there, minding her buisness," she says in a Texas drawl.
"Now who might you be?" says the pudgy guard.
"The name's Calliope Burrows, and I don't take too kindly to the upholders of the law harassin' innocent bystanders. You want something out of this girl, you better take her for an official questioning." The guards look angry, but are aware that their small clubs are no match for Calliope's gun. "Yeah, I'm familiar with the British laws. What do you say, boys? You do or you don't..."

The guards hesitate for a moment. The "respectable" one touches the short one's arm

"Let's go. We'll let another unit deal with this one. It isn't worth all this trouble this gal is bringing about."

They leave the scene quickly. Natalia turns to the woman.

"I could have handled them myself. I didn't need your help at all. This thing isn't just for decoration" *waves hand cannon around* "It was just about to get fun...."

Calliope stops her

"I'll jus' take that as a thank you, Ma'am. Ya have no idea how rough those brutes get, obviously."
[I think we should get a time where we can all get on and RP at the same time that way there's no waiting in between things, ya know? I've been whoring out the thread trying to get people to join. So hopefully soon, we'll have a few more people.]
Takt
{Sadness to the loss of a player. I hope my response isn't too far off from what you had expected}

((Your RPing is actualy REALY REALY good!))
Gracecue
[I think we should get a time where we can all get on and RP at the same time that way there's no waiting in between things, ya know? I've been whoring out the thread trying to get people to join. So hopefully soon, we'll have a few more people.]
Aww thanks, that's so sweet
Gracecue
Marin Labyrinth
The woman who fired the weapon, who has been standing on the sidelines, sidles up to Natalia and the group of men. "She's done nothing. She was just standing there, minding her buisness," she says in a Texas drawl.
"Now who might you be?" says the pudgy guard.
"The name's Calliope Burrows, and I don't take too kindly to the upholders of the law harassin' innocent bystanders. You want something out of this girl, you better take her for an official questioning." The guards look angry, but are aware that their small clubs are no match for Calliope's gun. "Yeah, I'm familiar with the British laws. What do you say, boys? You do or you don't..."

The guards hesitate for a moment. The "respectable" one touches the short one's arm

"Let's go. We'll let another unit deal with this one. It isn't worth all this trouble this gal is bringing about."

They leave the scene quickly. Natalia turns to the woman.

"I could have handled them myself. I didn't need your help at all. This thing isn't just for decoration" *waves hand cannon around* "It was just about to get fun...."

Calliope stops her

"I'll jus' take that as a thank you, Ma'am. Ya have no idea how rough those brutes get, obviously."

"Follow me," Calliope says under her breath.
She briskly walks to a door in the side of the clock tower, almost invisible by a covering of plants and flowers.
She looks around and walks in, pulling Natalia behind her.
They ascend the dark spiral staircase, up to what sounded like one thousand ticking clocks...
"tick tick tick tick"
As they come to the top, a small bird lands on Calliope's shoulder.
"This is Paymen.... meet... What is your name anyway, girl?"
"I'm Natalia," she replies hastily.
"Good. Paymen, meet Natalia... Natalia, meet Paymen."
Natalia is hesitant about this woman. She doesn't trust easily and this lady is no exception... She did however just save her life... Wondering aloud, Natalia blurts out

"Where are we...? And why did you bring me here? It's... uh...nice to meet you, Paymen..."
Gracecue
Natalia is hesitant about this woman. She doesn't trust easily and this lady is no exception... She did however just save her life... Wondering aloud, Natalia blurts out

"Where are we...? And why did you bring me here? It's... uh...nice to meet you, Paymen..."

(( you take this elz))
The Texan smiled mysteriously. "You could say I'm camping out here. I work on the clocks and get to room up here. It doesn't pay well, but I've only been here for a week or so. Haven't really poked around the place, I'm busy looking for a job opening, I'm a weapons expert of sorts. I just brought you here to see that engine, not to become buddies or nothing."
Natalia was surprised--and creeped out-- that Calliope had noticed her pocket the engine. "Here," she mumbled, handing over the engine. She wasn't sure she disliked the woman, but she definitely didn't like her.
Calliope produced a pair of reading glasses and sat at a chair in the light filtering through a high window. Natalia took the opportunity to look around. There was a small table and chair--which Calliope sat on-- with drippy candles, a straw mattress, and to the left were the whirling gears of the clock face. Calliope peered at the engine, frowning. "This is highly advanced technology. It could only be from an expensive AND successful company....that brings a specific one to mind. Which makes sense, because this logo, is, of course, you know."
"Actually, I'm not familiar---" Natalia broke off, because at that moment---
--a small man landed on the window sill.
He wore a mask shaped like a crow's face and had a dark cape draped around his shoulders.
He jumped up, rolled to Calliope and snatched the engine.
"Hey!" she yelled, and scrambled for her cannon!
But she didn't have time to take aim because he was already sprinting for the window.
He leaped and spread his arms like a crow.

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Marin Labyrinth
Takt
((no no. very literate. timing ok. I'm the one worrying about my posts because I'm the co-GM!!!!! And how much I should be controlling your characters, and how much you people should be controlling the NPCs....I've never done an RP so...stage fright. But it's not a dead thread at least!))

{I know how hard it is to begin a RP. Especially when you have never had experience with it before. It gets easier with time believe me. As for the issue of you controlling us and us controlling npc's as long as either side doesn't do anything that is enormously out of character to what they would really do it shouldn't be a problem. In a fight kind of situation you should not control our characters at all just pose options to us and let us act out how we think is best needed and our manipulation of npc's should be held to a minimum unless talking about non-integral to the scene npc's I.E. the fleeing masses}

bunny roses
Takt

((Your RPing is actualy REALY REALY good!))

{Haha, thanks. I am a bit of a old hand at RP'ing since I do a lot of it in table top format. Yours isn't that bad either.}
((Your avatar is amazing!))

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
{Hahah thanks that's the third time I heard that. I was reading the posts about the clockwork explosion and saw I had the clockwork head. I had to make it.}

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff