Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Werewolf

12,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
                                                  .Open
                                                  harvest moon yeah! harvest moon blankblankblank

Malevolent Hunter

User Image

Where : Rocky den Doing : looking out over the pride lands OOC : Let the posting begin!!

The day had started off slow for the Vumbi pride. During the night the rain had come down heavy, leaving everyone soaked to the bone. And cause of the rain everyone was moody especially the males. Which was understandable. They had more fur which became heavy against their necks, but it sure did annoy the older lioness when they whined like cubs. She already had two to care for, so wished not to deal with over grown ones. Shaking her head, she flung water off her coat trying to at least get some water off her person. The heavy rains had let up for now, leaving only a slight drizzle. But even the drizzle was annoying. Twitching her ears around, she listened to the playful growls of her cubs. At least they still had their lively spirits. After a night of trouble sleeping, it was good to see them playing despite the mud and rain. Their lively spirits would defently lift the prides. Cubs always brought prides closer together, and with her two litle ones playing around, it would hopefully get everyone out of their fowl moods. She smiled softly upon the cubs before turning away and looking off. Even she could not feel their infectious atmosphere. They only made her want to work harder. They were her future king and Queen. A look of seriousness replaced the moment of mirth. They needed to hunt. A hunt would bring the pride out of their funk after the rainy night. And rain was the perfect time to sneak up on prey, if one knew how to do it right.

She looked to her newest and youngest Queen. She wondered idily if she remembered her teachings. "Vera, Safara, come with me." She asked quietly. She made sure to keep Safara in the loop of everything. Just cause she was still teaching Vera important life lessons as Queen, did not mean the young Queen was her favorite. She had no favorites. So adding Safara in on conversations was the ideal way of keeping the emotion jealousy out of the mix. She walked over to the rocks jutting from the ground and hopped upon one. Looking out on the Serengeti. It looked so grey and dreary to most but to Eniola, it looked like opportunity. Zebra and Wildebeest would have their backs to the rains, to keep their faces as dry as possibly. Whole herds would be leaving their back sides open for an attack. And her pride was sure to be hungry. Eniola was surely hungry. She had two cubs still suckling upon her milk. And her bodies strength and food source was going to feeding them.

When her fellow Queens joined her upon the rocks, she stayed quiet, watching the grasses. Out their was dinner. And it made her stomach growl. "I have been contemplating going out on a hunt. Even with this drizzle, we will be covered perfectly. Our prey will have their backs to the rain, leaving them vulnerable. Our food is out there, screaming for us to take them. Do you two agree? " She asked looking to the two females. She may have been head Queen, but that never meant she was always right. She always welcomed comments, good or bad. She liked listening to input of her fellow sisters. Even at the age of 7, she was still learning. The day you stopped learning was the day the Serengeti took your body and released your soul. She looked away from her fellow Queen and looks out on the grey skies. She listened to everything her sisters had to say. Very eager to know what they thought.

Friendly Werewolf

12,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User ImageUser Image

xxxxY o u n g was how one would describe this Queen, however, she does not act as young as she really is. Four years old now, she has only been a Queen among Eniola and Safara for just about a year now. It was a steep learning curve but she succeeded greatly, and she was always willing to continue to learn. This morning she had awoken earlier than the rest of the pride, it had poured overnight ridding the entire area very damp. Not only was the earth as such, but the lions bodies were as well. Vera hated being wet, many lions, lionesses, did but it was a part of life there were the dry seasons and the wet seasons. You'll never guess what season it is now! Getting up she left her sisters sides and walked from their sleeping quarters then shook her fur. It was weighing heavy from the rain. Soon she left the area silently, it was time to scout the area. It had been some time since the pride had eaten last, perhaps in her travels she would come across some fresh tracks, or even better... an actual herd. After all, the Serengeti was frolicking with prey during the wet season! What Vera hoped not to run into was definitely those pesky hyenas!

xxxxK n o w i n g she only had a couple hours, to waste she didn't venture to far. Just far out enough to make it back in good time. Lionesses as a species were never really the type to run long distances, their bodies were much to bulky, in comparison too say, the cheetah or leopard. Heading out to the hills she thought since it's usually green this time of year perhaps she would spot a grazing herd or something. Made sense anyhow. Heading towards the hill she caught the scent of hyena, it was pretty stale but a growl rumbled up within her throat, they were trespassing again. Vera never really liked the hyena's but she was capable of living with them, you know... that's if they didn't try and steal every meal they brought down! Continuing on, it was clear the scavengers were no longer around, she heard noise near by. Crouching down out of instinct she slowly crept closer to the hills. Soon, she could see the massive mound of rock and grass and be still her heart, there were at least a hundred zebra's grazing about. The best part was, every one of their backs was to her, this was going to be much to easy. Laughing to herself she turned around and stared heading back in an excited sprint. It was best not to linger long for the winds may change directions at any second.

xxxxN e a r l y as soon as she arrived back within the pride's den area she heard her name. Lowering her head and ears slightly she was afraid she had done wrong a moment, as a cub would hearing their mother about to scold them. However, as soon as she heard Safara's name as well she had realized that it as just a queen meeting. Smiling she stood tall once again and followed Head Eniola to the rock that jutted out that over seen most of their land. Upon the rock Vera began to purr and went out of her way to head bump each of the older ladies, it was a good morning from her. She then took her rightful place on the opposite side of Head Eniola as Safara had. "I do agree, which brings me to my good news my queens." she spoke as she was not a queen herself to the older ladies, it was just who she was. It was a sign of high respect, at least in Vera's mind. "I could not sleep during the wee hours and found it upon myself to take a little scout out along our land. I went to the hills, because during the wet season it's lush with fresh grass. Once I arrived, what do you think I found?" she asked in an almost playful, teasing voice. Without really giving them a chance to guess she continued, "There were many, many zebra there, all with their back to me. Eniola, if I recall correctly we only need five lioness to bring at least one down?" she turned the good news into a question, trying to recall her trade as a huntress before Queenship. Looking at her sisters she tried to hold in the thrill of being helpful, she was eager to hear what the other two thought of her find, and whether or not that was a good place to hunt today.

OOC; Intro <3
                                                              If we can get five or more lionesses to go Zebra will be the prey of choice.
                                                              WC; 772

Images created by the amazing and talented WolfumsTheGreat!

User Image

Bashful Tipper

11,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image
User Image

The night had been uneventful for Leilani as the lioness made a midnight patrol while her pride took rest from the previous days activities. The pouring of rain only brought her mud puddles to step into on occasion and a wet pelt in a desperate need of drying as the water seeped deep through her protective coat. The lack of activity in trespassers was a relief for the scared lioness but she did not let her brief relief sooth her to much. The lack of others coming onto the Vumbi lands made her wonder if it was really just the rain keeping them at bay or if she should be more worried of the matter. Of course as a warrior of the pride she was always worrying over matters that shouldn't be worried over to heavily but it was something she could not help. If she did not worry so much her pride could be in danger and that was something she could not risk. During her trek through their lands she eventually made her way back to where her pride rested and settled down amongst her fellow sleeping lionesses and allowed herself to rest, allowing her body to recuperate from her late night watch.

By the time she awoke for the day most of the morning had passed, leaving most of the rain in the past, there only being a soft drizzle in its wake. Standing from her resting spot Lani stretched out her body with a load yawn escaping her maw. With a shake of her body to finish her waking stretch water droplets flew off her person for a brief moment only to be replaced by several more. A soft huff left her as she looked around to locate the whereabouts of everyone of her pride, something she did daily for the sake of the pride. Off to one side she spotted all the queens gathered together on a rock. She wondered briefly what they spoke of but did not worry over the conversation between the queens to much and looked elsewhere. Spotting Eniola's cubs playing around with one enough in the wet ground she couldn't help but laugh softly while briefly wondering where her own cubs had gotten off too. Her youngsters were not ones she worried over to much any more, they being in their older days where they did not need her watching their every move.

Moving away from where she stood she padded over Eniola's youngsters and gave a leisurely lick to the both of them and a light nuzzle along their small bodies. The cubs didn't seem to pay much mind to Leilani's attention but the warrior did not take mind and simply walked off to allow the cubs to continue their light hearted play. Deciding to tell of her night's patrol to Eniola and her fellow queens Vera and Safara she turned in the direction of the queens and padded toward them. While it was interesting to her that there had been no activity the queens may not see it as something to worry over and their reassurance would help ease her worrying mind. Reaching the rocks the queens where settled she sat back on her haunches and looked up upon them, letting out a soft puffing sound to announce her arrival to the other lionesses. She could hear Vera speaking of having spotted zebras, backs turned to her which was wonderful. With prey having their backs turned a hunting party would be able to get to close quarts and take one of the beasts down. The pride members where all bound to be hungry by this point, the warrior herself being one of many feeling an empty stomach. Despite the wonderful news from the young queen Leilani did not let that stop her from giving her own news to the queens.

"Greetings my Queens, please allow me to apologize for my disruption of your conversations but I wished to report that during the night I had no encounters with any trespassers on my patrol." Leilani announced as she turned her gaze to look out on the lands, her tail swaying on the ground behind her to show the slight distress in the lioness. "I worry about the lack of activity Eniola. I did not even hear a sound but the pouring rain from the skies during my patrols which is odd. However it could easily be nothing but I still wished to let you all know of my worries Queens."

LOCATION :: Rocky Area in Pride-lands | WITH :: The Three Queens | MOOD :: Apologetic ; Worrisome
                                  WORD COUNT :: 750 | OOC :: Yay, introduction done!

Demonic Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxxIt had rained all night, something that had upset Mira. The rainy season was always their worst season because of how their dens were dug. And of course, they got washed out. They had barriers inside to keep the water at bay, but after being lazy and taking advantage of said barriers, they had been washed away in the night. Mira honestly didn't expect such a downpour as they had, but she was still sort of young and had yet to gain all of her mother's wisdom, like the weather each season. Through the night, she had moved her clan to a spot under some thick trees. It was a little risky, considering that they were better off around their dens to protect them and so that they could easily spy any intruders heading their way, but for right now, she needed to keep her clan safe and if that meant moving under some trees for the night, then that was fine.

xxxxxNow, however, it was just a light drizzle, so she had moved the clan back to the dens, getting the grunts to work on moving the water away from their holes so that they could get back down into them. Lifting her head, she felt the few rain drops land upon her muzzle, darkening it to an even blacker tone than it already was. Mira had her bright red tinges of fur, but she had a very dark muzzle with the slight hint of mask lines that moved from her eyes down to her nose. She had inherited this from her mother, along with a couple of her sisters. Some of her sisters were very different from her while others were almost spot on images. Lately though, she had been making all of the clan work a little more, honestly they had to help pull her weight. This was the first time she had ever been pregnant and she was finally starting to show, and show rather heavily. She was tired more often than not, she was a little more irritable than normal, and she preferred to sit back and supervise in order to protect her growing belly.

xxxxxMira blinked her eyes rather slowly, for the rain through the night had taken a toll on her, and of course the constant drizzle now was settling a bad mood over the clan. Lifting her head just slightly, she spoke, "We need to find some food. Fully bellies make for a happier hyena," the female spoke softly. Mira was never one to speak loudly, nor did she speak often. She refused to waste her breath when another was too ignorant to listen the first time she spoke. Mira was almost her mother reincarnated. Her mother had been a great leader of this clan for many years, so when it was time for the torch to be passed, her mother knew that her disappearing and her daughter taking up her roll as if nothing ever happened would be easier on the clan than a dramatic change. Mira had always admired her mother, so learned her ways of governing the clan. Looking around, she knew that the others heard her, for the only sounds around the area were that of hyena paws digging out waterways, or the soft drips of water from the sky. She did not care who went to hunt, for everyone in her clan was a strong hunter. Hyenas were natural hunters and natural killers. If one was weak within her clan, then they were banished, unless they were one of her sisters of course. But even then one couldn't be certain, for Mira had killed one of her sisters for the Matriarch title as an example to everyone else. So it was best for one not to step out of line.

xxxxxHeaving herself up, she stood on all fours, her claws squishing in the mud. Easily, her large, round ears perked forward. Hyenas could hear prey for miles, especially when it was being killed, and she was trying to see if there was an easy kill not far off from them. "A small group will do for now," she stated once more, her voice gentle like the wind, but rode in the air for what seemed like forever. Her eyes soon landed upon those of her clan, letting the others know that she wanted her orders carried out, she didn't care by whom. Then her gaze went away once more and she proceeded to walk a little ways off from the muddy den site to where grass jutted up out of the earth. Sure, it was wet too, but that couldn't be helped. At least it made her feel better than the dirt.

xxxxxTaking a deep breath, she was merely worried about letting herself get too cold because of how wet she was. Others in the clan had given birth, but this was her first time, so it was normal to be worried about things that one wouldn't normally think of. One of her biggest problems was that of the encroaching lion pride that was steadily making their way into their territory. She was in no position to battle with a lion right now and probably wouldn't be until a little while after giving birth. Her clan mates would help her raise her young, but her body would have to heal naturally and on its own.

Shy Healer

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                    User ImageUser ImageUser Image

It was days like this one rainy and miserable that made a lioness just want to hunker down and sleep the day away rather than do anything constructive. Unfortunately for Safara there was no time to spend laying around all day miserable as the day might be. There was work that needed to be done and she couldn’t just leave Eniola and little Vera to do all the work themselves now could she? What kind of example would she be setting for the younger queen if she went and laid around all day just because she didn’t like the weather? It wasn’t like it was the dry season and the sun was making things too hot to even hunt or anything. It was only a bit of rain and a wet pelt wasn’t going to kill her, well at least not anytime soon it wasn’t. Besides the cubs were already up and playing despite the weather so why should she do any differently?

“Rain, rain and more rain the grazers are going to grow nice and fat with all this rain we have been having.
                                                    ” Safara chuckled quietly to herself as she got to her paws to stretch before the sound of her name being called by Eniola demanded her attention. “My oh my, wonder what this is about” she commented warmly as she made her way to where the Head Queen was waiting for her two queens. “Up and about early like always I see Eniola” The queen commented idly as she took her place at the queen’s side. To listen to the older lioness as she spoke about the possibility of a hunt.

It wasn’t a bad idea all in all and the rain would give them an advantage when it came to stalking up close to their selected prey. But it could also prove as a disadvantage for them as well if they didn’t get close enough as the damp earth could prove troublesome to deal with as Safara herself knew all too well. “It’s a sound idea you two, but the hunters will only have one chance to strike before the rain and damp earth turns from an advantage to a disadvantage. I would suggest setting up an ambush if possible just in case. Spook the selected prey into the claws of a couple waiting huntresses. ” She suggested as she stretched her paws out in front of her with a small chuckle “Oh but Zebra sounds delightful and they should be getting nice and fat too.” She added before her attention was drawn to the approach of one of their warriors. Who seemed to have been very busy while the pride was resting.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image

Glitchitty's Wife

Sparkly Shapeshifter

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The plains had finally calmed down during the early hours of the morning, but Asad still woke in a foul mood. He did not enjoy rain. It held a purpose. Without water, life would cease to exist. The Serengeti would dry up, cubs would die. The pride would die. Although Asad had not been born into this pride, it carried his blood in its veins. His cubs now played in the mud, their youthful romps little more than practice for when they grew into young lions and lionesses. Even now he could hear them wrestling, their tiny growls and mewls music to his ears. They were the future of the pride. His unique contribution. Their play was bringing them closer and closer to his side until at last, they tumbled over his back and spilled down his belly, landing in a heap in front of him.

A lazy eye rolled open and Asad ‘harrumphed’ in only a mild annoyance. But the young ones never even noticed him, and continued to frolic and bat at each other with their tiny paws. That made his maw curl with a dry grin before it furrowed out as the large male yawned. He finished it off with a long stretch and then rose, shaking his entire body and sending a spray of heavy water droplets off in each direction. A few of the females nearby raised their heads and watched as he passed, but he did not hold their attention for long, and they soon after went back to doze and watch over their cubs.

Asad noticed that the pride’s three queens had gathered together, joined by one of the warriors as Asad chose to approach. He overheard them discussing zebra and could feel his belly rumble. A hunt was in order. He would not take part, but he would certainly take his share of the prey. Close enough to the females, he grunted, alerting them to his presence if they had not caught his scent through the drizzle. First he nuzzled Eniola, greeting her and partially using her fur to help wipe off some of the persistent water that clung to his mane. All of the females were greeted with a nuzzle or a rub, descending in their rank until at last Asad lumbered off to the side and lay back down, his heavy mane still somewhat flattened and sticking to his neck.

“I heard talk of zebra.” He licked his paw absently, his eyes on the queens. “When will you head out?” The sooner his belly was full, the sooner he could get his mind off of this awful rain and his discomfort. A full belly always made for a happy lion.

Friendly Werewolf

12,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

User ImageUser Image
xxxxA s Deputy, Jassi had many responsibilities as second in command. One of which was getting up early and patrolling the territory to look for any unwanted visitors. Sometimes, if one was lucky they'd find scraps from animal that had made a kill or something. But most often than not all the Hyena's had to do was look up in they sky and easily see the vultures either circling or dropping out of the sky and there was a meal to be eaten. However, last night she had a horrible sleep for it was the first big downpour of the wet season and their dens were washed out. Sleeping under trees was not something any hyena enjoyed, but what choice did they have? Laying next to her plump sister she sighed heavily, wishing they were in the safety of their dens. Keeping her ears perked she listed to the low coos of the birds overhead and rattles in the grass of the field mice and whatever other animals that were nocturnal. Eventually the rain began to lift up a bit and Mira had asked a few of the clan to work on getting the water out of the dens. Jassi had an idea to perhaps dig makeshift trenches around the dens that would possibly help with the draining water. It seemed to have helped anyways.

xxxxW h i l e they laid around doing basically nothing her sister's voice broke the silence around them, hunting huh? That sounded brilliant. Soon she watched as her sister heaved herself up from the mushy ground, remaining in her position Jassi merely watched, waiting for the next sentence before getting up herself. "If you wish, Mira, I can take a group out." she spoke strongly of herself as she stepped forward, but if her sister had another plan she would not fret or whine. It was obvious her sister was in no position to be hunting, that is if there were no scraps to be found from a discarded carcass of sorts. Standing up she looked to those who chose to come with her to actually hunt, some may still follow, such as her sister. After a couple minutes of collaborating she nodded and she started to head out knowing those will follow who wanted too.

xxxxH e a d i n g out deeper into their territory Jassi wondered if they would find prey to hunt, or if they would find something that was already brought down. Leading the group she lifted her head high to see if she could catch any scents, as well as see any scavengers flying around in the sky. Something was being eaten within the vicinity she could hear it. Hyenas have an amazing sense of hearing and smell so whatever was getting eaten could be up to six miles away. Within moments of glancing around the area she seen a couple of those large, ugly birds, circling a couple miles away. "What do we have here?" she said to whoever was happening to be listening. Licking her chops she instantly she bounded towards the area, making a loud short bark she let her sister know they found something, but it was not safe to approach just yet. The group soon embarked on a deceased zebra. Remaining within the tall grass she surveyed the area both by scent and visually, watching for any outsiders or other unwanted pests. Upon a few moments of observation she deemed the coast clear. "Get rid of the vultures, and keep them away, I will call Mira. Don't touch the carcass until she's eaten." she ordered the obvious with a growl of warning to those who even had an inkling of an idea to disobeying. Jassi wouldn't think twice to attack one of the Kikuto members if they tried to eat before her sister, her pregnant sister nonetheless. Barking a long, winded like howl into the air she yipped at the end a couple times to let it be known to her sister and whoever stayed guard on her, probably Berko, they were successful with their find and it was safe to approach.

OOC; Intro! Pretty much NPC's members of the clan until we get some.
Word Count; 679

Layout and Images created by Unique Romance aka Alix Kampen

Glitchitty's Wife

Sparkly Shapeshifter

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“Damn rain…” The mutter came from underneath the boughs of a large bush, the hidden figure underneath slowly beginning to crawl out from his hiding place. The rain found him even there, and the mud clumped in his mane and stuck to his hindquarters as he finally stood. Tau grumbled low in his chest, pausing for a brief shake, but it did little to dislodge the mud from his coat. There were no watering holes nearby, so he could not take a dip to clean off the mud. He would simply have to endure it for the time being. Luckily for him, it was still drizzling some, and if it kept up, then slowly, the mud would be washed away. It helped that he was surrounded by long grasses. Maybe a few passes through them could help free him of the mud.

One paw in front of the other, he slipped into the long grass and began the long trek that had become his way of life. Tau never stayed in one place for too long. Most of the surrounding land was hyena territory and he walked on the cusp of their home. One or two he could handle easily. Four would be a challenge. An entire hunting party? Not even a great king could withstand the onslaught of ten or more ravenous dogs. So it was best to stay away and give them a wide berth. The only other reason for not settling down permanently was his kin: other lions. They would not take kindly to his presence in their land either. Occasionally he found female company, but they often did not want his. He had several scratches on his nose where they lashed out at him, but to Tau, they were a badge of honor. After all, every male’s calling was to spread his seed.

The opportunity would arise again soon. Tau found himself near a pride, able to catch the scent of lions on the wind, but he was at least half a day’s walk away. Something about the scent was familiar, but he could not recall exactly what it was. Perhaps as he drew closer, he would be able to put his paw on the memory, but for now, he was content to head in their direction, though he would remain cautious. Rushing in to mate would only put the pride on high alert. Tau would hug the edge of their territory and bide his time, waiting for a patrolling female to run into him.

Above him, birds flew across the sky, searching for a watering hole, their little wings beating against the air. Tau watched them for a moment before continuing on. It occurred to him that he ought to try and catch some small prey for himself so that he could fill his belly. There was no telling how long he would be waiting to catch a female off guard, and a growling stomach would give him away.

Glitchitty's Wife

Sparkly Shapeshifter

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kubu was lounging underneath a fallen branch, the only escape from the rain, when he saw the matriarch rise. Almost immediately he stood, ears perked up and pointed in her direction. Was something wrong? Kubu sensed no danger nearby. Where the pups on their way? Males were not a part of the birthing process, but even a fool knew that it would be a disaster if the pups were born in the cold rain. They need a warm, dry den, but currently, theirs was flooded. Several had been sent to dig it back out, but that would take time. Pups waited for no one.

It seemed, though, that Kubu was over thinking the situation. No… Mira was only hungry. They were probably all hungry, but Mira came first. However, she was in no condition to hunt or even scavenge. She needed to stay as close to the den site as she could manage. It was her sister, Jassi, who would lead them. She motioned for those that would help to follow her and Kubu was one of the first to start trotting after her. Berko would watch Mira but Kubu’s strength would help out the small party if it came down to bringing down prey on their own. Hopefully, they would find something already dead and ripe for the taking. Vultures were easily chased off… But it was the lions that Kubu was worried about. They were still safe in the heart of their territory, though, so it was unlikely that they would come across their greatest foe.

With Jassi leading the way, Kubu quickly fell into step behind her, sniffing the air as the ground was useless; too much rain. It was Jassi who spotted the birds. Kubu lifted his head then took off after Jassi, the rest of the hunting party behind him. He splashed through the mud and the puddles of water covering the savannah, nails biting into the earth and kicking some of it up. His legs were coated with the runny mud and grit when they discovered the zebra carcass. Almost instantly, Kubu’s belly rumbled, but he knew better. Jassi reiterated their clan law: no one was to eat before Mira.

Kubu led the charge, barking and yipping at the vultures to scare them off. The few that were brave enough to resist, spreading their wings as if to frighten the hyenas, were snapped at until they flew several yards away. They still lurked in a large huddled group, waiting for the hyenas to either abandon the kill or let their guard drop, but Kubu was having none of it. He darted into the crowd of vultures, forcing them to take to the sky to escape. One was not lucky enough, and Kubu’s jaws closed around its neck, snapping tight and cutting off the creature’s supply of air. For a few moments it struggled, flapping its wings uselessly and kicking at Kubu with its clawed feet, but the male would not release it.

Once he felt the last of its life slip away, Kubu dragged the vulture over to Jassi, dropping it in front of her paws. “Something fresh.”

Devoted Poster

8,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Watching the activity slowly increase from when the day started to now, the dampness in the area making an uneasy feeling crawl threw each nerve on Sekai's body. But still she stayed quiet, waiting for the perfect time to use someone's weakness or fault against them. Perhaps today she could make use of a few good torturous wordings to bring a few of the lower ranks down into a proper spot, Little did Sekai know these plan would not be aloud to be set in motion anytime soon, no she must listen to big sister's orders and go find food. To her just a lowly job was an insult of a high ranking hyena like herself, but alas the need for food made her much more willing to be of use. Getting to all fours she followed some of the lower ranks out onto the plains, being sure to keep her distance from them. If anything she figured she could claim her right to eat near the top of the groupings if she was near the kill or catch. Of course she knew Mira was first to have a bite, but it didn't change her stomachs growling sounds at such a right.

It was then she saw her other older sister Jassi near a few of the gathering lower ranks. Moving in closer the scent of a carcass caught her nostrils by surprise. Moving in closer she noted Jassi yelling for the vultures to be kept at bay, which Sekai was more then happy to do. She followed after a male known as Kubu a low growl escaping her as she tried to catch one of the winged rats. But alas her luck was not as good as some of the others, which made her in a more foul mood. Standing aside she left the lower ranks continue at keeping the winged rats at bay, even noting that Kubu went above and beyond by driving them even farther and up into the skies. To Sekai that was a waste of energy but she stayed quiet still, at least until she what the foolish male did next with a vulture he had caught. It brought a deep growl from her throat as she stared the male down, her tail raising out of anger. Even if he was offering food to a higher up, the fact he chose Jassi over her bothered her to no end. But at the same time Jassi had a right to eat even before Sekai which made this act even more problematic to her.

Calming herself she let out a breathe before moving closer to her sister and the male, giving a soft yipping noise to say hello in a way. But as she drew closer she moved up beside her sister, not close enough for an easy bite but enough that if Jassi wanted she could get her teeth on Sekai. "Aww Jassi, the foolish male is sucking up. Poor boy is lost, my Jassi wouldn't ever cheat on Mira." A sly like smirk showed as her fangs glimmered a bit in the light. Part of her loved having a sick and twisted mind, but it never would change the fact that she hated to be ignored by males. Which is a sad fact since to her they have no real use other then to strengthen the pack itself. Watching the male with a cold stare, she found herself letting her guard down even more near the higher ranked female. Though Sekai knew her sister well enough that if she wanted to take a bite out of her there was nothing she could do about it. Still she felt this urge to test her fate around Jassi from time to time, perhaps it was because she was more likely to get away with it then if she tried with Mira.

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

LOCATION The Plains I'M WITH Jassi & Kubu THOUGHTS Stupid males... FEELINGS Angry & Hungry WORD COUNT 644 Words OOC N/A

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Malevolent Hunter

User Image

Where : Rocky den Doing : looking out over the pride lands OOC : Let the posting begin

Her fellow sisters were quick on their feet to join her upon her rock. And as she looked out onto the plains, she listened very carefully to what was being said. She was glad that young Vera was going out on patrols. Every Queen had to patrol her borders. If you wanted to keep your family safe, you musten rely solely on the males. They did their jobs perfectly, but a little added help was never bad either. And being that the night before was a down pour, their king was not in the best of moods. She looked kindly upon her young Queen. She seemed so excited about her news. And it was indeed good news. A herd of Zebra ready for the taking. No doubt fat with not only the lush green grass, but Foals too. An incredible meal indeed. But she kept herself silent as Safara spoke up. She spoke of her own thoughts, the Zebra being fat, but brought up that an ambush should not be over looked. Eniola, looked back out on the plains in thought. An ambush would be a good back up plan indeed. Zebra were a smart prey, unlike the wildebeest.They would be harder to to catch. Having someone hiding as far ahead of them as possible would indeed be a good thing. Her ears perked up as she heard them being addressed and looked behind her to see one of her warriors speak up. Seems her young Queen wasn't the only one looking about the pride lands. The only sign of irritation was her ear twitching. To many it only looked as if she was turning her ear towards a sound. She looked over at their King, Asad, as he finally started moving around for the day. But only due to having heard of them hunting for Zebra. She stared at him with a look of indifference before looking back to her warrior. Her worries needed to be addressed before the kings actions needed to be. "Be calm Leilani. I highly doubt anyone would be looking to fight or try and take over the pride lands at this moment. Especially the Hyena. It's to dreary for most to go out. Only the senile and wicked would truely be out looking to score a pride land at a time like this. No, other prides are hunting. Using the weather to their advantage. Just as we are about to do."

She looked to her fellow Queen's and nodded to them, as if affirming that she did indeed agree with them. "We will head to the hills. Hopefully, they haven't moved to far. And we will indeed have some ready for an ambush. Cover all possibilities for a failer. This hunt must go well, for we have cubs to feed." With that said she looked towards her precious cubs. She needed all the food she could get. Opening her mouth wide, she gave a great yawn. So much to do. Her ear twitched again, as she remembered their king. Looking to him she looked at him calmly. Not letting her irritation get the better of her. "We will be hunting soon. Do not worry, your belly will be fed before the sun reached the top of the sky. But please be patient. We must catch lunch first and i must eat so I can feed our cubs. Why don't you go and walk the borders or something. It will pass the time till lunch is brought down." Hopping down for her rock she stretched out her body and moved around the den. She picked up each of her cubs and hid them in a rocky crevices. "You stay here now, till i return home. We must head out to acquire food. I trust that you will listen to my word and stay hidden." She smiled at her cubs and gave them each a gentle lick. She needed food for them, and when she had them suckling for her milk she'd get her quiet moment to bond with them. To her, this litter was special. For it may be her last litter. She was growing older and with age came certain things she just wouldn't be able to do. And one of those things would be cubs. Giving them one more lick each she turned and began walking out to the plains. "Come along my sisters. We move out to the hunt. Vera, Would you take the lead for us? You were the one to spot the herd this morning. Along the way we will discuss who will do the ambushing and who will be the ones to take the lead." She smiled slightly as she kept their walk at a steady pace.

Hilarious Husband

ʃ ɱєɑϛύɾє єѵєɾy Gɾɨєғ ʃ ɱєєț_________
Ϣɨțɧ ɲɑɾɾoῲ, ρɾoɓɨɲ
ɡ, ξɏєϛ -
ʃ ῲoɲɗєɾ ɨғ
ɭț ῲєɨghϛ ʟɨҡє Ϻɨɲє -____________________
Oɾ ɧɑϛ ɑɲ ξɑsɨєɾ ϛɨɀє.
_____

User Image

__iቍቍቍቍቍ
i] Jakar
__iKikuto Guard ቍቍቍቍቍ

ሯሯሯ

Jakar was laying under a opposite branch with his eyes closed when he heard Mira call for a hunting party. Something about a full belly makes a happy hyena. Snorting, the brute rolled onto his side until the Deputy, Jassi said that she would take that small group out. Jakar grumbled, obviously not entusiastic about going out in the rain, but he rolled out from under his branch and followed the deputy. They were soon joined by Kubu, a fellow guard, and Sekai, the Matriarch Heir. Rolling his eyes, Jakar shouldered past the female with a low growl and he murmured, "Nice to see you out and about. Finally going to do something?" And he continued off beside Jassi as they headed off deeper into the territory.

Jakar froze when Jassi paused to look around. The Guard turned and looked in an opposite direction. What he was looking for, he wasn't sure. His mind was hot-wired to hear food being eaten yes, but he was also tasked to watch out for potential threats as well. He narrowed his eyes through the drizzle until Jassi's words made him turn. She had spotted something a couple miles away it seemed. He growled in anticipation and bounded off after her. Only a few feet behind her the whole way.

Jakar waited, not all to patiently, as Jassi evaluated if it was safe to approach the carcass. When she deemed it safe to proceed he shot out of the grass and charged to the carcass, making it look like he was going to eat, but much like Kubu, he charged straight into the group of Vultures and snagged himself a bird. Thrashing his head to side and placing a paw on the bird's chest, Jakar let the suffocation do it's job as the Vulture's life slowly dwindled. He spat out the bird's lifeless form and trotted off to lay beside the carcass.

He watched as Kubu wandered over to Jassi and he placed his dead vulture at her feet and muttered something about something fresh. Rolling his eyes, Jakar looked out over the plains, keeping an eye out for anything that might be an issue when Sekai muttered something about the male "Sucking up". Jakar let out a low menacing growl of amusement and said to the Heir. "If I didn't know any better, I would say you were Jealous, Sekai." He let out a yipping laugh and turned his attention to her. "Did mommy not show you enough attention when you were a pup? I think you did more then than what you do now." He blinked slowly and smugly. The Heir always pissed him off. In fact the whole female body of the Clan pissed him off. "Jakar do this" and "Jakar do that." Honestly, without the males the females would probably starve to death. Jakar knew this, and he gave back attitude whenever the females barked him an order. He yawned, completely bored out of his mind as he waited for the Matriarch and Berko to show up.

ሯሯሯ

Out Of Condoms:
                                          Where Am I? The Plains
                                          What am I doing? Waiting
                                          Who am I with? Jassi, Sekai and Kubu
                                          Word count= 507

Friendly Werewolf

12,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

User ImageUser Image

xxxxB e r k o is probably one of the laziest hyena's within the Kikuto Clan, however, when it comes to mating, fighting or eating... he magically gains quite a bit of energy. Usually he doesn't do the work, but if it means eating after haven't eaten in quite a while he would be willing to work for it. Laying beneath the trees the Matriach chose, he wasn't digging like most of the others were, but did he care? Of course not. So there, he laid, doing nothing. It was the wet season so he wasn't too keen on going outside anyways. Surely, there wasn't a lot of den left after being washed out but he was a greedy b*****d nonetheless. Laying his head down on the damn feeling dirt beneath him he rolled over onto his side and closed his eyes, what would another snooze harm? Falling asleep he drempt of faes and having his way with them and leaving before he could have to deal with mouths to feed. Ah the life.

xxxxJ a b b e r i n g females woke the male, he grumbled lightly in protest until he heard the words full bellies and he was instantly interested in whatever conversation was being said. Fully listening now he soon realized that Jassi was offering to take out a hunting group to feed the clan. Mira soon obliged, stating a small party would do. Excellent. Getting up he shook his fur out and approached the females. Within seconds of his arrival, the Deputy began heading out with whoever went with her. His brother Kubu being one of them, of course he did... his b***h whipped younger brother had a hard on for the stripped fae. It was entertaining watching him try to impress her with silly gimmicks and meals every once in a while. Bitches didn't want relationships, how did Kubu think Jassi wanted any part of that? Berko could tell it wasn't just to get his d**k wet either, it was actual feelings. And it was always hilarious when the female turned him down, but then again her playing hard to get was pretty sexy and it would get him trying harder... that was if he cared and wanted a fae for longer than a one time thing. Which he didn't and probably never would. Soon he realized the was the only guard left, for Jakar had left with Jassi along with a monarch heir Sekai. Moving closer to Mira he knew better than to get to close, especially with her belly as swollen with babies as it was. Frankly the thought of pups running around their densite disgusted him beyond belief, but it wasn't like he had a choice in the matter. "I guess I am your guard hot stuff." he stated, in a rather bored tone as he watched the group that was slowly moving out of his site. Surely the Matriarch shouldn't be spoken too like that, but again he didn't care and he always loved pushing buttons.

xxxxS e v e r a l minutes later he heard a howl like yip from the Deputy, and that was their cue to begin approaching but with caution in their step. "Well, you heard her. Lets go sweets." beginning to walk he didn't really wait for Mira to say anything or even move he just started off in the direction they had left in. It was rather simple following them for not only were their scents strong, there were muddy paw prints leading the way. Berko deemed they were gaining too much ground to fast so he moved over, pushing the Matriarch into the high grass without even physically touching her. "We best not get too close." he spoke, this time not bothering to call her a pet name. With his ears erect he listened for any threats near by, any grass movement, any growls, grunts, or chirps from anything far or even close. Looking to the sky he knew where Jassi was taking them, the vultures gave it away instantly. His jowls began to drool, dripping from his lips as he stood there filled with anticipation. Several minutes later the leading female yipped to stated the coast was clear and what not, without a word Berko emerged from their hiding spot, they had a little ways to go yet but he knew Mira was on his six for he could hear her heavy paws behind him. It's not that Mira wasn't nimble on her feet but with all that extra weight from being knocked up, it's not crazy to say she gained some weight. "Dinner time sweets." he said, slowing his pace, for he was probably so eager to get there that he was probably walking too fast for her. Part of him wanted to order her to hurry the hell up, but just because she was fat now did not mean her bite was any weaker. Thin boundaries this brute had, but he knew which ones not to cross, and that's talking about a females weight. Upon finally approaching he seen his brother near Jassi with a vulture and chuckled, what a a** kisser! Sitting down he looked at Mira, she was first to eat... and he hoped she wouldn't lallygag and get to the chase so he can eat!

OOC; Ahh what a mind he holds. This was fun to write lmao.
                                              Word Count; 872

Layout and Images created by Amator Demoni

User Image

Shy Healer

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

While the poor rainy weather might have bothered any member of the pride after several days of the same wet weather like the pride had been subjected to. It did very little to dampen the mood of the youngest members of the pride. Like little Kei who found the gloomy weather as just another chance to play while the adults were feeling too lazy to get up and go about whatever it was that the adults did when they wondered off. The whole pride was their own personal playground, even if everyone was wet.

So when this little game with his brother was brought to a sudden end as their mother approached and picked him up. Kei couldn’t help but let out a small huff of disappointment. The game had only just begun and now it was already being brought to an end by their mother who tucked him away in her favorite hiding spot for them when she was going out. What was all this now? The pale cub had thought that it was too wet for any of the adults to go out today. So why was his mother going out hunting in this awful weather? Couldn’t she stay home and play with them while the other lionesses hunted?

Okay so he knew that that was a lot to ask of his mother, she was a very important lioness and she had to take part in these things with the pride because of it. But that didn’t mean that he had to like it or that he had to like being stuck hiding among some rocks while everyone got to have fun. Yet he would just have to take comfort in the fact that his brother was there with him and that fact seemed to always make the cub feel better.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff