Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Seeker

Allow me to set the story...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image

The land of Mubutu has historically be riddled with war, chaos, and destruction at the hands of barbaric despots and warlords, but, one hundred and twelve years ago, people banned together against these tyrants and for one year a great war occurred and a great power shift happened, the tyrants were defeated and the now free peoples created a federation of nations headed by a Grand Emperor who keeps peace throughout all the land. The new nations were Al-Hasa, Solstar, Kutul, Pallotina, Elo Kirca, and Lho-Than. This arrangement has kept Mubutu peaceful ever since.

Until about a month ago, when third Grand Empress was assassinated. With her death, the Age of Peace has ended and the nations have turned on each other, claiming others assassinated the Grand Empress as a power grab, but all sings point to the Solstar nation, as their king was next in line to become the Grand Emperor. The nations sent out a decree to the King of Solstar been that he has given 5 months to prove his innocence or his nation will be destroyed. And with that, he has sent out a call to all adventurers to help him uncover the conspiracy that threatens to destroy Mubutu.

But what are the motivations of these adventurers who have heeded the call? Are they truly loyal to the throne? Or perhaps they're loyal to their nation and want Solstar gone? Maybe they want to usurp the throne? Or destroy it all together? Only time will tell.

Intro || Setting || Rules || Major Events

OOC Thread

~Authors Note~
This is a reboot of Beyond Good & Evil. I changed the title, and a few other things like it now being just a walk in as well as a few things related to lore/world building! I'm hoping for a longer run this time, and I can't to see how differently events turn out!
heart

Blessed Seeker

The Known World

Nations

Al-Hasa: Al-Hasa is a mostly desert nation in the east. They are ruled by High Priestess Leyla Hakim, a wise and powerful orc mage who rules from the capital city of Ruḑaymah on the eastern shore. Al-Hasa is a highly religious nation, who worship the Sun God and Water God, and as such their mages are gifted with powers relating to either Sun or Water, or in rare cases, both. Mages are fairly rare, and are regarded as holy. They are mostly home to Humans and Orcs, though have a large concentration of Desert Elves in the southern part of the desert.

Solstar: Solstar is a nation in the mountains and tundra of the north. They are ruled by King Simon Steel-Skin, a young and arrogant Dwarf in the capitol city Roehester at the base of the mountains.. Solstar is a very wealthy nation as their mountains are rich in metals, and as such they are a highly industrious nation. Mages are rare there, and they are often regarded lowly. It's mostly home to humans and Dwarves. There is an ancient sect of isolationist Dwarves high in the mountains who are said to be the only people to ever discover how to imbue objects with magical power.

Kutul: Kutul is a nation in the forests and swamps of the west. They are ruled by Princess Efua Ihejirika, a young, mute Elf mystic who rules in the capital village Belingwe in a clearing in the swamps. It's a very poor nation, but home to some of the most hospitable people in all of Mubutu. Magic is very common there, and Kutul is renown for it's healers. It is home to mostly Elves and Dwarves, it also has many who are inflicted with Vamprisim.

Pallotina: Pallotina is a nation in the south prairies. They are ruled by a group of three wise men; Moana, Citlalim, and Isi who hole council in the capital town of Rebordaos. They are a mostly nomadic peoples, and have only three permanent towns. Mages are fairly rare there, and they are highly regarded. Pallotina is home to a majority of elves.

Elo Kirca: Elo Kirca is the nation in the center of Mubutu, it is equal parts plains, mountains, and lush forests. Elo Kirca is ruled by Emperor Swarna Avninder, a kind heated but powerful Human mage who's throne sits in the capital city Vargem Alta. Elo Kirca is a magic centric nation, as such Mages are incredibly common and most Mages put their magic to work as either entertainers or artists. Elo Kirca is home to mostly Humans and Elves.

Lho-Than: Lho-Than is a nation in the islands of the far east. They are ruled by Seer Shun Hou, not much is known about her, but there are rumors that she is afflicted with Undeath. She rules from the fortified capital city Nanjiawan that sits upon a solitary island. Lho-Than is the only nation where those afflicted with Undeath are openly welcome. Mages are very common there, and are regarded as holy. Lho-Than is home to mostly minority races.

Imperial Territory: The Imperial Territory is a territory in the cost of the North West where the Imperial City is. The Imperial City is the largest city on Mubutu, it is also where the Grand Throne is located. It's ruled by the Grand Emperor or Empress but it currently is ruled by a Regency Council. It contains an equal number of all major races.

Factions

Cult of the New Order: A religious cult that worship the dark gods and make use of forbidden magic. Their goal is to bring about another Age of Chaos in order to please the dark gods. They all have strange facial tattoos and they dress in black robes with blood red trim and demonic face masks. They are mostly active in Al-Hasa and Lho-Than, though they have been popping up in other nations. Their leader is currently unknown.

White Crescent Rebellion: A mysterious group made of of mostly dispossed peoples who's goal is to remove not only the Grand Imperial rule, but the rule of all nations. Their uniform is black leather armor with a white crescent painted on their shoulder, though they only wear their uniforms in their bases or during a large attack, other than that they will just wear normal clothes to avoid suspicion. They have an elite group of trained assassins in their ranks. They are active in every nation. Their leader is currently unknown.

Blessed Seeker

Laws of the Land

↣ Follow the Gaia ToS!
↣ I can change the rules at any time, but please don't make me, I don't like having rules as it is!
↣ This is a semi-lit RP! A decent grasp of grammar is required and try your best to avoid one liners! Also, please no text talk and no ** or -- for actions, and keep it in 3rd person.
↣ Pretty posts are not required but are for sure encouraged. But make sure to always have your current location stated somewhere on your post, it makes everything easier!
↣ You are allowed to introduce new elements into the plot(i.e, cities, factions, events), but for anything major, please discuss it with everyone!
↣ No god modding!
↣ Keep everything PG-13
↣ Be nice to each other!!
↣ No character killing without consent of all parties involved.
↣ Be inclusive of others! And like wise, unless it's serving a specific purpose, don't just hang around the edges and wait for others to approach you! RPing is a group effort!
↣Try to be as active as possible!
↣ Have fun! razz

Character Stuff

All races are welcome, except things like gods and demons! And I want to make one thing really, you can be stuff like undead, werewolves, or vampires, but they are not separate races! They are afflictions you can get, so you would maybe be an undead Orc or a Dark Elf vampire.

Secondly, for right now the leaders of the Cult of the New Order and White Crescent Rebellion are just NPC's, but if you want to, you can make your character their leader, just message me if you want to be them.

Other than that, everything goes! Post your character skeleton in the Character Thread and then post away!

Character Skeleton

[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]: (Feel free to make one up, but undead, vampires, and warewolves aren't races, they're afflictions)
[b]Afflicted[/b]: (Afflictions are things like undead, vampirism, or lycanthropy, only one can be chosen)
[b]Abilities[/b]:
[b]Weapons[/b]:
[b]Bio[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]: (Picture or description)

Blessed Seeker

Current Events

July 17, 1439: The High Empress Assassinated
August 15, 1439: The Adventure Begins

Blessed Seeker

The Fate of Mubutu is in Your Hands Now...

((Officially Open!))

Blessed Seeker

Rosario Afolayan

User Image
INDENTThe warm sun of the morning covered Rosario and began to stir him from his slumber. He yawned and stretched out and a smile grew upon his sleepy face, "Geez, it's so comfortable, I don't remember sleeping in an inn..." he mumbled, he pulled his blanket over him and turned over. He was greeted by a small squeaking noise, he slowly opened his eyes and spotted a black mouse right next to his head, he gave a high pitched scream and backed against the wall. He took a look around, "Riiiiiight...." he sighed as he slid down the wall into a sitting position, he, in fact, wasn't staying in an inn, his sleeping quarters were a pile of trash in a back alley way, as it has been for most of his life. "I'm getting too used to sleeping in the trash.." he mumbled to himself and he slowly stood up and dusted himself off, not that it would help, his clothes seem to never get clean.

INDENTHe slung his crossbow over his shoulder and attached his sword to his belt and looked up at the sky, "Well, at least it looks like a nice day" he said with a smile, it was a short lived smile as it turned to a frown at the sound of his rumbling stomach, "I better go hustle up something to eat" he said and stepped out of his alley way home and looked at the busy street of the city, "To the market district!" he said with enthusiasm, gaining him a few estranged looks from the more well to do passerby's. And with that, he made his way to the market district.

Company: Himself
OOC: ()

Dapper Explorer

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gilrel Keyvaris --

The Imperial City, Market District
Early Morning

At least she saved money on lodgings, not needing to sleep. That was the only thread of optimism Gilrel could keep running through her head at a time like this. She didn't need to sleep, so she didn't need to spend what precious little money she had to find a room at an inn. She could just wander the streets both day and night.

Lovely.

Gilrel pulled at the scarf wrapped about her head and face, hoping to block out more of the sunlight. It hurt her eyes now.

She looked about at the various market stalls, whose vendors bustled cheerfully about as they set out their wares. Were I alive, she thought trying to be more nostalgic than distressed, I would be ready and excited for breakfast about now. She could, in fact, smell several delicious foods - pastries, especially - but had no real desire to buy and eat any of them. Instead, she would simply watch the living go about their daily business. They could think what they would - that she dressed like a desert-dweller, protecting herself from the sun, or that she was on some sort of covert mission. She didn't much care.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a young man, about her age, with a crossbow and sword. The fact that he was openly carrying weapons and did not seem to be a guard or a nobleman surprised her - perhaps he was a mercenary of some kind?

Blessed Seeker

Rosario Afolayan

User Image
INDENTThe market was fairly busy, as per usual. Rosario loved it this way, everyone was busy running to and fro, or looking at the merchandise that they weren't paying attention to him, or anyone else really. He looked around and took a deep breath, it smelled of freshly baked bread, fruits, and recently worked leather. It was certainly a relief from the familiar smells of poverty from where he usually is.

INDENTHe slowly walked around, observing both the stalls and anyone who looked even remotely wealthy. He stopped for a moment when he saw a strange sight, a woman who definitely looked out of place, she was dressed like she had just came out of Al-Hasa. A devilish smile painted his face, people from that far away usually come with money, he had found his target. He slowly made his was through the crowd over to this strange woman. As he got closer to her he began observing her, and in doing so his smile faded as he could tell those weren't either noble or merchant clothes, she didn't look like she had that much money. He stopped and thought for a moment, maybe she really was rich, but figured that she wouldn't get robbed if she didn't look rich. He thought that must be it! He came up to her and smiled, "Excuse me, madam," he said with a polite bow, "But I couldn't help but notice you don't seem like you're from around here, so what brings a stranger like you to a place like this? Especially in such dangerous times?" he asked. He had only conned a foreigner twice before, as wealthy foreigners don't come to the Imperial City too often these days. He would convince them that the city is in great turmoil, even though it was still pretty stable, offer himself as a body guard, then rob them in an alley and take off, never to be seen by them again!

Company: The strange woman

Dapper Explorer

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gilrel Keyvaris --

Early Morning
"Who is this stranger?"

Although initially startled by the man's appearance, Gilrel offered a polite nod. "I...it's...wonderful to make your acquaintance," she managed to say. Her voice sounded different now - lower, more like a hiss or a whisper - and this was strange to her, so she did not speak much as a consequence. She knew also that despite her dress, she did not sound as one from Al-Hasa would. No, her speech carried the swamp-lilt of Kutul and the turns-of-phrase of cultured Elo Kirca.

She thought for a moment about how she should respond to his question. She knew better than to lie herself into a story she could not prove. That would be dangerous, and would make her automatically suspicious. If she said she was visiting family, he might inquire about them. "I've come here to find a...a new life, as it were. The Imperial City is a remarkable place. Good for new beginnings. Th-thank you for your kind concern, though, sir."

Blessed Seeker

Rosario Afolayan

User Image
INDENTHe was taken aback the disconnect between her accent and her dress, she was foreign alright, but she certainly wasn't from Al-Hasa. Her story also threw him off a bit, he knew that story well, and he knew it wasn't the story of someone with wealth. He sighed a bit and gave her a soft, welcoming smile, "That it is, my friend." he chucked, "I'm Rosario, and you are incredibly lucky." he said in reference to her not being wealthy enough to rob. "It seems we are both looking for new beginnings here, so maybe we could help each other out." He reached into his pocket and took out a small, crumpled piece of paper. He flattened it out and showed it to her, "I'm sure you've heard of the recent going ons in the world. This is a decree from the king of Solstar, he's offering big money for anyone who can find proof of his innocence in the killing of the High Empress. I'm going to find that proof, and I could certainly use the help." he said with a smile.

Company: The strange woman

Dapper Explorer

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gilrel Keyvaris --
Early Morning
"Interesting..."

"Lucky?" Gilrel found herself repeating. Did he think so highly of himself that he thought she was lucky to be meeting him? Had he somehow saved her from some danger without her knowing? She had led something of a sheltered life - she did not exactly have experience dealing with thieves or potential thieves. Rosario continued, showing her the decree, and she couldn't help but feel a bit curious. Perhaps she could be of some help - she was no paltry mage, no simple caster of cantrips and parlor tricks, after all. Despite her teacher's betrayal, he had indeed taught her well.

"I would be happy to offer what assistance I can," she said, smiling a little beneath the scarf. What else did she have to do, anyway? Perhaps if she was helpful enough, people would be more willing to overlook the fact that she was no longer among the living. Perhaps she could return home and the people of her village would be happy to see her, instead of terrified that one of the dead walked in their midst. "I am called Gilrel Keyvaris. You -" She paused for a moment, wondering if it was all right to use the nickname Elm had given to her. Would it be disrespectful to do so, if Imryl had killed him? No. No it wouldn't. "You can call me Gil, if you like."

Blessed Seeker

Rosario Afolayan

User Image
INDENTHe smiled at her, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Gil" he said and gave another small bow. His smiled faded into a serious face and he looked at the direction of the Imperial Palace, "So, I have a question, what are you feelings on, theoretically, sneaking into an incredibly heavily guarded compound that may, or may not, be the Imperial Palace to do some snooping?". He had a general plan of how to get it, and he hoped that there would be something in there that they overlooked, a clue of some sorts. It would also be a great test of his skill, how many people can say they broke into the Imperial Palace?

Company: Gilrel Keyvaris

Dapper Explorer

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gilrel Keyvaris --
Early Morning
"The Imperial Palace?!"

Now there was a request you didn't hear every day. It also wasn't exactly what Gil had in mind, since you didn't exactly become a hero by breaking and entering. Besides, wouldn't it be treason if they were caught? But she had already offered her help, and she'd already died once. It would be rude to decline.

"I'll warn you now that stealth isn't exactly my forte, but as I said, I will help to the best of my abilities," Gil replied, indicating the staff she carried. She had a spell or two up her sleeve that might be helpful...especially considering the fact that the smell of death was difficult enough to mask already, and might hinder attempts at sneaking if she wasn't incredibly careful.

Dapper Explorer

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Gilrel Keyvaris --
Early Morning
"The Imperial Palace?!"

"And what if we get caught inside? Do we have an alibi?" Gilrel said, allowing her voice to drop just a bit lower. She was fairly certain no one was listening, but it was hard to tell - she would never rule out the spying of seers. Still, she wanted to make this seem to the outside observer to be as much like normal, everyday conversation as possible. Nevertheless, she set the gears in her head turning - if they were going to break into the palace, they'd need a more detailed plan than 'hope for the best.'

She put a hand to her chin in thought. "If we pretended to work at the palace, we would need quite a strong cover story, and we would need to do a lot of lying. And if we need to dress like guards or servants or what have you, well...I'd prefer to keep covered up. Then again, I could use a spell to make us less detectable, but even then, my spell could be detected if the palace's magical defenses are anywhere near as strong as I'd suspect they are...oh goodness, I'm carrying on, aren't I?" Had she been alive, she might have blushed in embarrassment for having chattered so, but for now she settled for averting her eyes and shuffling her feet ever so slightly. Sometimes she thought aloud a bit too much when she had ideas that needed developing - Elm had laughed at her plenty of times for mumbling to herself when she was deep in thought.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff