Welcome to Gaia! ::

We're in Humus, YAY! So, speaking of that world, who do you think that "cat lady" that attacked Nia was?

A Seeker 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
An enemy, duhhhhh! 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
One of the many groups of human/animal hybirds on Humus 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
A Vastare Tenebrae 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
She's not a "cat lady", you poor fool! 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]
This poll closed on July 3, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
<< < 1 2 ... 39 40 41

Romantic Raider

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxM O N A & C A T L I N
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxM C A D A M S ↓↑

User Image

"Argentum!" Catlin snapped at her. "You can't afford to be afraid." Catlin was being a little rough with her, but it was all she thought would work. And all she was capable of. The only person Catlin was gentle with was Mona. She liked Argentum, she was one of the few people on the team Catlin could stand, but she wasn't going to let her fear hold them back.

When their path was blocked, Catlin turned to Argentum, grabbing her by the shoulders. "If you let your fear keep you from fighting, that's going to put all of us in danger, not just yourself, got it?" She told her. "Use your fear. Don't cower, don't cry, use it to blow s**t up. If you're so scared of these things, then you want them gone, right? Then kill them."

Catlin dropped her hands to her sides, releasing Argentum. Her fists were soon alight with flames, and a smirk appeared on her face. The more times she fought, the easier it became, and the more she started to enjoy it. "Let's finish these guys off as soon as possible, eh girls? We have to find Jakub and Mona. I'm not going to let him be around my sister for another second longer."

Mona kept her gaze on the ground. She was supposed to trust Jakub now, wasn't she? He was with them now, not with Diablous. Nia trusted him, didn't she? So that meant Mona needed to as well. And in a way, she did. She was still nervous to be around him though. Or maybe she was embarrassed. He had been the only one actually there when it had happened. He had to rescue her afterwards, because she had been too weak to do it herself.

"R-Right. Lets go." Mona eventually said, but she didn't look up at him. She started walking through the jungle, using the utmost caution when she pushed vines or leaves out of the way. Where were they even supposed to go? How on earth were they supposed to find the others? "N-Navitas was caught. We have to hurry, before something worse happens to him."

User Image

Distinct Seeker

User Image
User Image

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

Well, the orders were pretty clear. Zakk had to find Prize and get back to everyone. For a few minutes he just sat there inside the cave, just waiting a little bit more to be sure that all the monkeys had moved past that area. He wondered if maybe more people were near them, he was especially worried about Mona but apparently she was with Jakub. That did not sit in too well with him since he had some trouble trusting Jakub now, but he told himself that Jakub had no choice in what happened back then with Diablous so he had no choice but to try to trust him now.

"Alright Prize, where are you? I'm coming back to where I saw you just now." Zakk Connected to him and walked out of the cave, leaving the waterfall area. He was walking along the path he had come through, which was a trail not particularly hard to find since he had just ripped trees apart. Suddenly another monkey dropped right into him from out of nowhere and Zakk was about to melt its freaking face off with a blue Bolt, but the monkey did something unexpected and covered his mouth. "Shh, don't speak. I'm trying to help you." The monkey's voice sounded female and Zakk restrained himself from shooting the Bolt.

The female creature helped him stand up after a few other monkeys jumped past them above not even looking down at the ground. "Why are you helping me?" Zakk had not stopped charging the Bolt and distanced himself from the monkey. He had no reason to believe that this monkey just randomly decided to help him while the rest of them wanted him dead. "Because, those egomaniac territorial bastards attacked you for no reason. When you had already stated you were in the wrong and just wanted to leave." Obviously, there had to be more to that but Zakk decided to leave it for now. "I can help you get back to the other Seekers." The monkey suddenly blurted out.

Damn, should he trust her? What if she just took him back to their base or something, and this was all a trap? And how did she know they were Seekers? "I don't completely trust what you say yet. But... help me find my other comrade that also fell around here. Then, we'll talk." Zakk stopped charging the Bolt and followed the monkey, as she instantly turned and began walking in some direction. "Do you have a name?" It seemed pretty rude to just call her a monkey, even if she was just an animal. "Eden. What do they call you, human?" Zakk immediately thought of 'Punk', but realized that he hated that name now. "Zakk." They just kept walking and Zakk was waiting for a response from Prize, even if this Eden did know his location he could not bring himself to trust her yet.

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

I'm the best, at everything I do.
The world should do its best to keep up, to make me feel.
To make me care about the future.
The world's future, and mine.

Aged Shapeshifter

User Image

Humus

█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

There Sissy was. She was safe and sound, like Nia had thought. And she was trailing Bestia and Navitas now. She had already told Axelle to go after him but another person helping out couldn't hurt. She connected with both Sissy and Axelle, telling them both, "Okay, since it won't be that easy to just rescue Navitas on your own, with either of you, I'm assigning you to work with Sissy on this one, alright, Axelle? Sissy, like I already said, you'll be helping out Axelle. Wherever she is right now. Make sure you don't make a move without one another there. Because the battle isn't going to be that easy. If they've got Navitas, then they've probably got some majorly tough security going up for him. Or whatever this planet can afford as far as security goes. Just make sure you're both together when that happens. And make sure you're both careful. It seems that the new Vastare Tenebrae here are starting to emerge. And it seems the bugs above your head, you know the ones that are basically littering the sky with their presence? Yeah, watch out for them. Because it seems that these new Vastare Tenebrae work hand in hand with one another. Just be careful, alright? I feel like I'm beginning to repeat myself here. But about him being hurt, I don't think they're gonna kill him. I think they'll probably treat him like that to do that sort of flipped over human pet thing. Where they'll treat him like he's the pet. You know, reverse pets or whatever. Anyway, be careful about that too. Because if you guys jump onto the scene, and they'll be waiting for you there, you'll be captured too. Use the utmost amount of caution when treading that area." Nia broke the Connection with her, and looked back at the Vastare Tenebrae that were converging around them. There were so many. But Catlin was right. They couldn't afford to be afraid anymore. They had to mow these bastards down. And you know, Catlin's powers seemed to be growing steadily ever more. Nia pulled up the headphones she always had around her neck but they weren't connected to anything. She never really wore them but maybe... They'd help her ears get used to the constant extremely powerful screaming that she used most of the time. Nia turned around from both Catlin and Argentum, and pushed her headphones up over her ears. She pulled her head back and drew in some air from the surrounding area. She brought her head forward, opening her mouth, as she let loose an enormous amount of sound from her mouth, destroying many of the creatures that were coming towards them. That was her greatest weapon. It continued to get stronger and this time, even though it still hurt her ears, it was getting much easier to control. She just needed to work at it and she knew she'd be fine now.

Argentum was broken from her scare when she heard Catlin's voice. Had they both noticed how afraid she was of these things? They were so creepy and gave her so much dread. She was utterly terrified of them, really. And her heart was still racing. But... what Catlin was saying was true. Her fear didn't need to get in the way of them trying to destroy these things. She was looking away from her friend until started shaking her shoulders. Which was funny in itself. She didn't think this was ever come to this. She didn't even understand her fright with these things. It made no sense. They were just bugs, that was it. Why was she so scared of them? Argentum decided not to dwell on it now because if she did, she really wouldn't be able to fight and would be busy trying to figure out what was wrong with her. Boy, she continued to make Catlin mad, didn't she? Argentum knew she must have been a bad friend, having to make Catlin do all this for her. She was about to make it up to her though. Or at least, she thought she was. Argentum nodded, and got a new confidence to fight these things thanks to Catlin's words. "You're right, Catlin, you're exactly right." Argentum said to her, as she turned to face these monstrosities. It was obvious that these creatures were Vastare Tenebrae so technically they were simply darkness. They weren't even real gigantic bugs. She sighed, and focused, bringing to her side a few of the light blade she created earlier. She shot them in two different directions, blowing up a few of the bug soldiers around her. Still though, they seemed to manifest. Argentum didn't care though. She launched forward and drove her sword through the creatures, destroying them with ease. These things were exceptionally weak, and that made destroying them even easier. Argentum launched herself to the side, cutting through a few more of the creatures. It was good though because her sword had slightly grown longer and she had better reach with it. Argentum looked up into the sky and shot a few of those Swords of Revealing Light at the bug creatures that were flying overhead but all they did was come back in more numbers then they did before. That wasn't going to work. Guess they needed to focus on these creatures instead of on those. Argentum turned around as more began to become created, attacking them once more. She was scared out of her mind, still but she needed to focus on killing them. She wanted them gone so she was going to work her hardest at getting rid of them.

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kayzun

-Don't know what you're made of till the one thing that you want-

Kayzun decided that, as much as he liked it up in the treetops, it was time to come down and find his way to the others. It started out slowly, but as he went on, he began to drop several feet at a time before catching himself. It was rather noisy as he crashed through branches. He was almost to the ground when the branch he grabbed snapped beneath him, sending him tumbling to the ground. "Augh!" He slammed to the earth gracelessly several yards behind where Jakub and Mona were walking. "Ugh."
The fall hadn't been far enough to injure, but he could already feel where it was going to bruise. God, I hope no one saw that. he thought to himself. He got to his feet unsteadily."Oh, Jakub. And Mona. Hey." Kayzun said, awkwardly. So much for hoping that no one had seen. Hey, I found Mona and Jakub. he connected to Symphonia.

-Is coming with the dawn, and suddenly changes-

User Image

Wealthy Fatcat

User Image

JAKUB
________

ELYAS

Jakub hadn't seen Kayzun falling from the sky, but he had conveniently landed right in front of them. "Well you were lucky enough to land near us and not near some god awful man eating mushroom. I thought you were like, a ninja or something, shouldn't you have landed on your feet?" It seemed odd to Jakub that someone who controlled air would fall so....clumsily. He looked to him, and then to Mona and said something that seemed harsh, but was actually rather logical. "Mona, we don't even know where Navitas is. Our best bet right now is to find the others, and then go get him." He didn't mean to be rude or anything, he was just laying out the most effective course of action to take. If they went running off after Navitas now, who knows what they'd end up fighting, or being eaten by for that matter. His first priority was finding a way to get to the others, but he couldn't think of anything, until he had a thought. "Do me a favour and stand back, alright? I'm gonna send up one hell of a signal flare." He began moving his hands in various motions, pulling shadows from nearby plants, and even taking Kayzun and Mona's shadows, a large ball of darkness formed in front of him. He braced himself and dug his hands into it. He put all of his strength into it that he could and pushed it upwards into the sky, above the treeline. It exploded into a gigantic swirl of shadows that stretched out over the sky in all directions and lasted for several seconds. He connected to everyone and sent out a message "Did anybody see my little light show just now?"

Romantic Raider

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxM O N A & C A T L I N
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxM C A D A M S ↓↑

User Image

Uh, boss lady? Axelle thought back to Nia. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but Spamda can only track where I've been. It can't track any of you guys or places that I haven't been to. So I can't find Sissy, or Navitas, unless they bump into me.

Catlin looked up at the sky just in time to see Jakub's signal. She could care less about him, but he was with Mona, therefor a priority in finding right now. Catlin summoned her bow and arrow, shooting a few creatures that came at her before pointing her bow up towards the sky.

I saw it. Catlin aimed her bow at the sky, gathering a large amount of fire in the arrow before shooting it upwards, sending out a signal just like Jakub had. "Argentum, Nia, we need to find the others. We can't stay separated like this, it's the easiest way to pick us off." She shot another group of enemies, a single arrow managing to pierce several of them. "Let's at least try and work our way towards Jakub and Mona."

"O-Oh, um, hi Kayzun." Mona said. She then glanced at Jakub, but she didn't say anything to him. She had irritated him, hadn't she? He was the last person she wanted to make angry. So she decided to just keep her mouth shut, and keep her eyes on the ground. While he sent out a signal, Mona closed her eyes and attempted to contact Navitas.

Navitas, are you okay? She thought towards him. She didn't know what exactly had happened to him, but she was worried. None of the others had been captured yet, besides him.

User Image
Sissy sighed quietly and Connected to Axelle, I can hear the mechanical workings of your panda. These guys can already hear you, so don't worry too much about being stealthy. Anyway, you sound like you're about 120 meters or so away, so go West about 120 meters. You start distracting them and I'll swoop in and grab Navi and I'll pick you up on my way out. Sissy watched silently as a few of the dog tribe warriors scanned for the source of the mechanical whirs and clicks that came ever so quietly from Spamda.

User Image

Enduring Poster

User Image
Prizemlje Prvak
A.K.A.
Prize Fighter

"That can't be good." Prize sighed, watching as a horde of bugs descended from the sky. They released a thick gas into the air, causing Prize to quickly take a cloth out of his pocket and tie it around his nose and mouth. "Not sure what it does, but I don't wanna find out. Here's hopin' that it's a 'Let's all give the Seekers ice-cream' gas." Unfortunately, Prize's hopes were dashed as the gas engulfed the forest, followed by the sounds of battle coming from all directions. The creatures were being driven mad and attacking everything in sight...and Prize had no intention of being withing their sight. He had seen the monkey's and heard them pass by, so he determined that they seemed to prefer traveling through the trees. With this information, Prize decided to stay close to the ground, sticking to the shadows as he move swiftly across the forest floor. "I dunno where I am." He thought, responding to Zakk's question. "There's trees, some leaves. There's some dirt over there...wait a moment." Prize quickly came up with an idea. "Just come to the little mountain." He thought back to Zakk. The ground began to shake softly as the small mound of dirt began to rise. It grew higher and higher until it's apex reached above the trees. On the side of the mini-mountain was a rough sketch of Prize's cat, and the words 'Mount Furball' above it.

Aged Shapeshifter

User Image

Humus

"Ouch! You b***h, cut it out!" Navitas shouted in pain, as Bestia fired another fireball at him. His body was rapped with bruises and cuts and burns from Bestia's constant onslaught of attacking like this. She had been doing ever since Axelle's damnable bear had started making those crazy a** noises. Navitas couldn't hear that s**t to save his life but apparently, Bestia and her men had caught on and she was trying to force Navitas to tell her where that noise was coming from. It continued to bring her attention and it was aggravating her. Bestia was sure it was one of the Seekers. And the only reason she heard this was because Axelle was in their territory and Bestia made sure to keep her ears and eyes open for those Seekers to arrive. Bestia sniffed the air as well and managed to catch scent of a strange but similar scent. It was Sissy that she caught whiff of but she didn't know who it was. It was just someone who had a familiar scent but still had the scent of a Seeker coming from it. Maybe it was someone Bestia used to know? No, that's impossible. Nearly everyone from her generation was killed. That is why she was attacking Navitas as she was right now.

"Tell me the truth! Is anyone coming to rescue you or not?! Answer me!" Bestia ordered, conjuring another fireball in her hand. "I don't know, you anthropomorphic b***h! Now, can you please stop attacking me before you kill me? Like-" Bestia chucked the fireball she had created in her palm and slammed it against Navitas's body, making him cry out in pain. "Ahhhh! [********], would you stop that, already?" Navitas growled at her, as she laughed and said, "No, not until you tell me whether or not your teammates are coming for you." Navitas glared at her and said, "I told you. I don't know what the ******** they're doing right now. And even if I did, I would never tell you, you flit-ridden mut." Bestia glared back at him this time, knowing that he was telling the truth. "Fine then. No point in even attempting to get the answers out of you. That's enough punishment for today anyway." Bestia turned around, a few of her guards, now plated in armor appearing behind her. "Go out and search for those bastards. I want them alive. Bring them to me." Bestia ordered, walking away from Navitas again. He was in serious pain now. He could feel himself blacking out several times but he resisted the urge to. He might possibly never wake up again. That's when he heard Mona's voice come to him. Even in his thoughts, he sounded hurt. "Damn... Well, define okay, Mona. Because if getting fireballs to the chest is what you call, okay then I'm okay. But if that's not okay in your book, then I'm... really hurt right now. I can barely stand to stay awake in my own swarming consciousness anymore. Is anyone coming to help me, like anytime soon? Because if they're not, I think I'm pretty much a goner right now. I think this damn b***h is going to kill me soon if someone doesn't find me." Navitas wasn't even kidding when he said this. He was feeling literally drained. It took all of his own strength just to resist the full brush of those attacks that Bestia kept hitting him with. And now, all that pain was beginning to come back to him.

Back in the wilderness, where Catlin, Argentum, and Nia were fighting off the creatures that seemed in every direction from around them, Nia turned just in time to see the signal that Jakub sent up into the sky. They weren't too far from them, that was excellent! Argentum wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around her until she killed a creature with a blast of light and looked at Catlin as she shot a flare signal up into the sky to respond to Jakub. Argentum realized that it was probably time to go. But she was okay with that. Since she didn't want to be around these things at all. Argentum turned around and nodded to Catlin as she spoke, Nia agreeing with her. "Catlin's right. Let's try to get to them. That'll make everything a lot easier." It seemed that Axelle had contacted her about something specific, like how it was hard for her to find Navitas unless she had been on that planet... which is what she thought before that. "Well... Sissy will find you, I'm sure. Just be careful finding him. Things are going around here." In the distance, Nia could swear, she could hear monkey's screaming like crazy animals. Well... They were crazy animals but there was more than that. The monkey's seemed to give off a human roar. As if some human was roaring. Not a monkey. That was strange... Maybe she could find them and reason with them.

As Catlin had decided to get away from them, Argentum leapt into action and grabbed both Nia and Catlin's hands. She rushed past the Vastare Tenebrae that were left but they didn't seem to follow them. In fact, as Argentum noticed this, she let go of their hands and panted. She was far enough away from them now. As Argentum started to walk forward, Nia stopped her and decided to lead the way. Nia had seen the way Jakub's blast had come from, and Argentum had actually gotten them pretty close to the trio of Mona, Jakub, and Kayzun. But just before she could make another, Argentum pushed Nia down to notice that there were birds swooping down at them. One of them tried to slice Nia's head clean off. Luckily, Argentum had been there to help her. Nia and Argentum looked back up to see the birds were coming for them again. Nia stood up and put on her headphones again, and screamed as loud as she could, sending the birds flying backwards. They went sailing into the distance but it seemed there was more of them coming. "Come on, you two. Let's go. We have to avoid detection but also, get to Jakub and Mona in one piece." Nia walked forward, over a small stream, knowing that those birds were going to come after her again. But as they walked over the stream, there was a loud screech in the air. "Humans! Humans! Humans have invaded Humus! Humans have invaded Humus! Be on the look for the huuuuumans!" The screech could heard around the world. "s**t. That's not good." Now everything would know they were here. And if everything was as dangerous as Nia thought, this wouldn't be a pretty picture for them at all. "Double time then, you two!" Argentum said, quietly enough for just those two to hear here. She didn't want anymore uninvited people sneaking up on them and eavesdropping on their conversation.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Wealthy Fatcat

User Image

JAKUB
________

ELYAS

Jakub looked to Mona for a moment, realizing that his words may have seemed harsh. He placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled softly. "Hey. I'm sorry. I was far too harsh just now. I'm positive that we'll find Navitas, but right now it's my responsibility to get you back to your sister safely, because yknow, she'll probably kill me if I do anything else." He patted her shoulder softly before having his gaze drawn to the sky by the orange glow of Catlin's flames in the sky. "You see, she's seen my signal and returned it. Let's move towards them, but we have to be quick, the more we signal the more we give away our position to whoever may be around here." He said before pointing in the direction of the epicenter of Catlin's signal. He once more connected to Catlin "Start moving towards each other, but only signal when you've lost your direction, The more we signal the more attention we draw." He began moving slowly in the direction, pulling up thin blades of shadow to cut foliage out of the way. He ensured the way was mostly clear before looking back to Kayzun and Mona and waving them on to follow him.

Dapper Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kayzun

-Don't know what you're made of till the one thing that you want-

Kayzun watched as Jakub sent up the huge shadow signal. Hopefully only the other Seekers had seen it. He hurried behind Jakub. The undergrowth in this part of the forest was thick, and he felt slightly claustrophobic. He kept getting the feeling of being watched. He tried to tell himself he was just being paranoid, but it wasn't really working. He tried to step lightly and make as little noise as possible, but every step seemed ridiculously loud. He saw something moving out of the corner of his eye. Wait, what was that? He turned to look for it, but whatever it was had stopped moving.

-Is coming with the dawn, and suddenly changes-

User Image

Distinct Seeker

User Image
User Image

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

Aw s**t, now what? Seriously, it was just one thing after the other in this world. Not that it hasn't been difficult up until now, but this world seemed especially wild. Zakk stopped along with his furry accomplice and looked up to the big fly-looking things zooming round releasing some kind of gas. He quickly covered his mouth with both hands but the monkey girl signaled for them to keep moving.

"What the hell are those?" Zakk kept on following the girl but wanted an answer really bad, who knows if this gas would be deadly or not. The monkey did not answer and kept on moving, apparently she did not know what that was either. Just then he heard Prize's voice inside his head telling him to just move towards a small mountain? What did that even mean. Before that however, Zakk turned as he heard some distant bangs and basically witnessed a light show in the sky courtesy of Jakub. But it seemed pretty distant.

Just as he was about to reply to him however, the ground started to shake and a big enough mountain to skyrocket above the treeline popped out of nowhere. So that must be what Prize had meant then. The monkey tugged on Zakk's clothing and they kept on running until they found Prize. "Prize, we have to get moving. I think I know where the others might be." It seemed like Prize was fine and the monkeys were gone, so apparently they did not attack him and had completely left the area for now.

"Oh this is Eden. I don't know why but she decided to help me find everyone else." Zakk pointed back with his thumb to the female primate standing behind him. "Hello." Then Zakk Connected with him. "She also said that she would get us back to the others. I seriously don't trust her but she seems to be the fastest way out of here. If there even is one. I think she might have some sort of vendetta or ulterior motive against the other monkey's though." Eden pointed back to where the Jakub and Catlin's signals were just a few moments ago. "Let us move quickly, humans! The whole jungle is shaken up by you people being here. We must leave and find shelter." The monkey jumped around once again tugged on Zakk's coat.

✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶✶

I'm the best, at everything I do.
The world should do its best to keep up, to make me feel.
To make me care about the future.
The world's future, and mine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas