Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Drinking vegetable oil...You never cease to amaze me Deem.

That's ********' insane. xD

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
DragonMistress
I think it's some kind of anti-idle feature Gaia has. Any site window i leave open and not fuzzing around with, it redirects to Dr Oz. Been doing it all day. sweatdrop
That's interesting. I wonder why they chose Dr. Oz out of all things.

Demonic Dragon

20,150 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
BlackWind1.1
DragonMistress
I think it's some kind of anti-idle feature Gaia has. Any site window i leave open and not fuzzing around with, it redirects to Dr Oz. Been doing it all day. sweatdrop
That's interesting. I wonder why they chose Dr. Oz out of all things.

More likely Dr Oz needed site traffic so badly he paid Gaia to be 'featured'.

I mean, he's been running that lame a** faked story about Ellen spoofing Cover Girl by putting snake pee or who knows what on her face, for like 3 years now...can't imagine there's still any interest in it

And it was inspired by a list of items I saw, of things that are normal in Asian wal-marts, one of them being orange juice and cooking oil sold packaged together. When I needed something that Crommy would be putting into the hoochmaker 9001, cooking oil seemed like a naturally inexplicable ingredient, right after powdered horse milk (also from the list)

Shameless Lunatic

DragonMistress
Dfrnt luv
DragonMistress
Dfrnt luv

Holy shiteballs that is an epic avi

O///////////////////o you really think so? Thank you >///u/// <

Well you know how I am about well-done monochrome. And you've always had a strong botanical theme. So yours is basically the first I've seen that merges the two, and it's magnificent.

Daawww thank u

User Image

Yours is really pretty too emotion_c8

Shameless Lunatic

BlackWind1.1
pokes ninja

Demonic Dragon

20,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Dfrnt luv
DragonMistress
Dfrnt luv
DragonMistress
Dfrnt luv

Holy shiteballs that is an epic avi

O///////////////////o you really think so? Thank you >///u/// <

Well you know how I am about well-done monochrome. And you've always had a strong botanical theme. So yours is basically the first I've seen that merges the two, and it's magnificent.

Daawww thank u

User Image

Yours is really pretty too emotion_c8

Thank you 3nodding

By the way, what's that thorny vines item? I see you wearing variants of it a lot, but I haven't yet identified it.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
DragonMistress
Ah, I'll just read up on things like Bulletproof or some other health blog that doesn't reek that much of insanity.

I was thinking bout the store having a site where they literally have ruins of other markets inside of it as a funny place to be. It'd be like a third world site where Mom & Pop shops are still there but it's so, so lonely.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Dfrnt luv
BlackWind1.1
pokes ninja
Thorny. wahmbulance

By the way, I haven't given you music to listen to. So, have a site.

Demonic Dragon

20,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
BlackWind1.1
DragonMistress
Ah, I'll just read up on things like Bulletproof or some other health blog that doesn't reek that much of insanity.

I was thinking bout the store having a site where they literally have ruins of other markets inside of it as a funny place to be. It'd be like a third world site where Mom & Pop shops are still there but it's so, so lonely.

Maybe some kind of archaeological excavation? Or OH I bet, how about in the 'books' section, as a sort of historical display? That actually sort of makes sense, bookstores are always kind of semi-empty anyway, now that digital media is sort of ruling the world.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
DragonMistress
A full scale library with the displays being random stores that were taken out of business! More are being added day by day.

Demonic Dragon

20,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
BlackWind1.1
DragonMistress
A full scale library with the displays being random stores that were taken out of business! More are being added day by day.

Complete with staff. rofl Little old disgruntled Gramma running a fifty-cent used bookshelf grumbling about 'back in my day four bits was enough for an encyclopedia, any letter you wanted"

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
This moment in iconic hip-hop beats:

Y'know, hip-hop is pretty young still. It's probably the newest of the really big, distinctive genres out there. The music, this culture and movement has started back as a small New York movement that's was the black side of disco back then. Now, it's its own monster, with a sound all its own that's influenced the genres neighboring it. What is it about the sound of hip-hop? What makes it so great? For me, it's both in its simplicity and its unapologetic form. I'll explain this:

Back then, hip-hop was extremely simple. As stated above, you had this genre being solely about good times as this was a method of shifting negative energy in the streets, and everything was reflected with that. The music sometimes sampled disco and funk tracks, some even had a live band. So, it was very upbeat during that time. However, things started to change drastically years later. Marley Marl would be the first to use a breakbeat, the Bomb Squad took the simple sound and add such a collage of noise that it really did sound like Public Enemy was a force to be reckoned with. Later on, you had people that harnessed the art of making sampled based music and turn these derivatives into their own.

So, with music, comes songs that stands are hallmarks of the sound. Classic that are timeless regardless of how old it is. This is one of them.

A Tribe Called Quest's Electric Relaxation.

Tribe was one of the Native Tongues movement. In the face of gangster rap and more hardcore music, their music was a stark contrast to the rush groups like NWA brought. They weren't focused on showing the violent side of their homes, instead they were about positivity. Their subject matter was focused on the truth and topics that people can relate to, but their music was the biggest sell. Tribe's sound was jazzy, very jazzy. It wasn't the dark grime from RZA nor was it the fire marks from the West Coast. The group favored a laidback feel, one that people weren't ready for at the time.

A Tribe Called Quest had plenty of tracks that were memorable in their rather modest catalog, but this is the one that everyone remembers them for. Electric Relaxation is the essential Tribe beat, showing what they were about.

A simple breakbeat, a groovy bassline with the perfect strings. Listening to this track would have any person melt into their seats and just chill.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200

8,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
So how's the old joint doin'?

Demonic Dragon

20,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
BLACK!

Do you ever listen to CFCF or Pentatonik?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff