13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Czar Valentine I
Slash Zinrai

Lol. I didn't think Quill was so fast. XD
But it did make the fight more interesting. ^^
This is actually my first time using this character, seeing as he was an idea I scrapped a few years ago. I just picked it back up and decided since I saw your character, Quill, he'd make a good test run for him. Their combat styles are alike in certain ways, just charging headlong into combat, so I get to test him at his best. X3

Lol. That's actually kinda neat. ^^
You're a lucky guy. X3

Indeed I am!

pirate

Versatile Survivor

User Image
As I've said It CANNOT be turned off. If someone fights her they have to fight her with skill alone.
There is no question of being fair about it. It's not like it gives her any kind of advantage whatsoever.
In fact she could even be at a disatvantage since she's missing an arm as well as an eye... depending on how old she is at the time.

I also told you that some people would have problems with her for whatever reasons which is why I will not spar with her.

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Slash Zinrai

Indeed. ^^

Still, our sparring session has been the best fight I've ever been in. So I thank you, for making this both hilarious and very enjoyable. XD

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Rorek Orobus
To be completely fair to Epicdragon and to back up Czar's statement, the characters ability is extremely fair, if anything it could be seen more along the lines of a gene-defect rather then an advantage.

Consider if you will, a world full of people who use abilities and powers that are beyond most peoples conception, and it is expected by all within this world that all people would have some form of ability.

This person does not, and it is due to her own ability that has doomed her to such a state, as everyone else has relied either heavily or somewhat on powers and abilities, she hasn't, forcing her to train physically and within martial art forms. In turn she has realized that being around people who rely completely upon their abilities and powers, they are unable to use them. this usually catches them off ground and in some cases panic, allowing her a quick win.

Now out side of the fantasy for a while, if she was able to turn it off and on, that would leave a lot more le-way for her to have powers of her own. that in itself would make it a godmod. for instance would you consider a man who is constantly causing sparks and flames around himself godmod? No... you'd simply throw a stick of dynamite into his affect area and let his field do the rest.

The point of this character is that everyone has so much settled into the fact of have "powers" that its allowed her to make this "boogyman" character. its not over powered, as a matter of fact it just makes her the perfect killer for most characters, and for those who rely on weapons/ physical combat needn't worry about it.

Forgot to mention: This gets a +1! ^^

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
X EpicDragon X
User Image
As I've said It CANNOT be turned off. If someone fights her they have to fight her with skill alone.
There is no question of being fair about it. It's not like it gives her any kind of advantage whatsoever.
In fact she could even be at a disatvantage since she's missing an arm as well as an eye... depending on how old she is at the time.

I also told you that some people would have problems with her for whatever reasons which is why I will not spar with her.

I don't think that's a very fair summation of reason.

"I don't want to spar, because few people like to fight my character."

Now, forgive me If I'm wrong, but shouldn't that be the signal flare of logic sparking in the distances of your mind? The whole purpose of combat characters is to fight other people, and you don't seem to feel welcome doing that.

Hmmm...

Now, riddle me this, Superman can't turn off his bulletproof skin...

And, in a world full of gun totting bullies, the man who can't be shot is king. But he also has super strength, laser eyes, hurricane breath, flight, etc!

Take all that away...make him an excellent fighter...he's still immune to bullets.

Now, pretend that all the bad guys are just as strong as he is...just as fast...just as skilled.

But NOT bulletproof.

So, you've effectively removed all the flair...all the fireworks...from the character. Now he's just like everyone else, with bulletproof skin...his one ability to there none.

That is kinda like your power. Because, in a world devoid of abilities...you still have one.

And that's where people get iffy...The fact that you're not just 'leveling the playing field', but you're forcing their creation to confine its self to your universe. Their masterpiece becomes your cookie cutter battle, whether they want it to or not.
I believe I misread what she wrote I saw it as she controlled cancelling out all other abilities. not just magical but i read it as it cancelled out all abilities. Excuse me I'm tired and overworked right now.

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Slash Zinrai

In regards to her ability, I like Rorek's logic behind it. If it's like that, then it's not technically an ability. It's just something that she has with her, and as such, it may not even act to her advantage, unless she's fighting a mage. What if she needs to heal? Well, she has to let her body do that over time. Really, it makes a lot of sense to just not think of it as an ability to begin with. Which I personally don't.

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
@Galaxy: It's all good. I'm sure we all understand. ^^
I say let her have Negate Abilities.

People going to have to learn how to fight without throwing fire-balls and s**t.

@Darkestsilver - excellent post! That was very entertaining and I can tell we're going to have fun.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I'm just saying.

Not everyone is a brawler, and when you're already dealing with the strictly enforced guidelines of most RP tournaments as it is (Limiting abilities down to fair levels at the expense of combat skills)...then having a character that can negate the very thing that gives your character, well...character!...Is a bit egregious.

I don't have any particular investment in this argument, on account of the fact that I prefer 'throwing-down' to 'throwing lightning'...But this is America, damn it!

If the people want their characters to transform into dinosaurs and rampage around spitting ice from every orifice than that is their god given right!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Now I'm going to stalk your match, because what you said piqued my interest. XD
By the way, how's your day been, Epic? :3

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Slash Zinrai

Actually, this is the internet. XD
But anyway, I get what you're saying. But in regards to this forum in particular and the participants, I don't believe there's a single character who completely relies on abilities alone to stay alive. X3

Dangerous Prophet

Epic Myth
I say let her have Negate Abilities.

People going to have to learn how to fight without throwing fire-balls and s**t.

@Darkestsilver - excellent post! That was very entertaining and I can tell we're going to have fun.

I first love this idea, I use to use and still do in fact, Psionic abilities that dispel and or nullify other people's abilities.

However it also eliminates the factor of you having to tactically work against your enemy if you can just go "POP" no cool fire balls for you.

I would love this concept cause I work with it myself on a big scale but it has too be carefully balanced and monitored. just saying from someone who has used negative and Nullify abilities for 6 years.

Generous Businessman

13,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Czar Valentine I
Slash Zinrai

Actually, this is the internet. XD
But anyway, I get what you're saying. But in regards to this forum in particular and the participants, I don't believe there's a single character who completely relies on abilities alone to stay alive. X3

The internet is just the butt-hole of America.

Everyone knows that.

Everyone!

Like I said, I can't particularly say that it's going to have any adverse effect on me. So, I find it difficult to really invest myself in picking the nits.

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
In all fairness, I'm sure there's some sort of area-of-effect for it, in order to be effective. Like, if someone's twenty-one feet away, and her radius is twenty feet. Then they can use their ability outside of her dome of doom, and they'd be perfectly fine, so long as they kept their distance. I seriously doubt it's as simple as her being in an area, no matter how large, and everyone is instantly stuck in it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff