Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Prophet

User Image

▇▇▇▇* ⋮ owners: ectoplasmic retribution, perfecttragedy, and r u n a w a y violinist
                                                                                  ▇▇▇▇* ⋮ based on: homestuck
                                                                                  ▇▇▇▇* ⋮ art credit: satynfyre
                                                                                  ▇▇▇▇* ⋮ level: lazy lit/lit+
                                                                                  ▇▇▇▇* ⋮ status: open and accepting applications
                                                                                  ▇▇▇▇* ⋮ nav: ic ooc pt

Shirtless Prophet

User Image

THE PLOT

● ● ●▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇act one. »

You’ve been a part of this group for months. How and when the eight of you formed this little circle of friends you’re not sure, and if you think hard you can recall others coming and going, but these are the ones who have stuck with you the longest. Your friends through thick and thin, what did it matter if they only lived online? What did the age difference mean if all of your interests were alike? You hold better conversations with these people than your peers, anyway.

So when your resident pirate extraordinaire (you've all dabbled in it, of course, but he was the best) sends you all a yes-technically-legal copy of a game called SBURB, fresh off of ‘some gem of a Ukrainian torrent site,’ you’re eager to check it out. He tells you it’s multiplayer and says he’ll be hooking up all eight of you with a copy, assigning four of you as ‘clients’ and the others as ‘servers’ – whatever that means.

You play the game. It’s a bit strange at first, like the Sims except when you throw your partner’s bathtub through their wall you realize with a start that that’s their real bathtub through their real wall and their landowner is going to butcher them. Electing to be more careful, you slowly begin to learn how to play: sylladexes and capchalogues and strife specibi? You guess that’s your weapon. The system sees archaic and backwards but who are you to judge? You’re practically playing god. So you alchemize some stuff and build a kickass fort of copies of your partner’s house while they fight imps for grist and before you know it, the apocalypse is upon you.

Your Seer messages you. Imminent doom. Get to the gate or be destroyed with the rest of the planet.

What choice do you have?

You escape. Everybody does, actually, and you reach the medium with minimal physical scarring. Mental scars, however, would be fairly common by this point. With a bit of a faulty step the eight of you march forwards, alchemize, prototype, ascend your echeladder and slowly, your power grows. The eight of you work as a fine team.

● ● ●▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇act two. »

But something isn’t right.

One of the players wants more. More power, more control, more glory. He’s convinced he can win alone. He begins to seek the black queen’s ring, unaware of the fact that the power it grants doesn’t work on players. The Seer begs him to stop. He ignores her, saying she’s lying. Nobody can cause him to sway on his path. The Seer turns to the other players, who refuse to heed her call. They won’t stop him, can’t stop him, because he’ll crush anybody in his path.

The player has the ring.

The player wears the ring.

The player is the same.

The player is thrown into a violent rage. How could he be so foolish? How could they let this happen? For days he aimlessly travels, slaughtering anybody and anything in his path. The destruction is so complete that the session can’t be recovered. The players have only one choice.

● ● ●▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇act three. »

Scratch.

And from there, the unknown.

This roleplay will begin with the characters each installing their own sburb clients. They all decide to start at the same time, but the rate of progress will vary. This roleplay will be largely character-driven, and thus interaction is a must. A mock-up of pesterchum will be used for communication until they meet face-to-face.

Shirtless Prophet

User Image

THE RULES

● ● ●▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇on literacy. »

As this is a lazy lit roleplay, there are really only two things that Ecto will not tolerate in terms of post length: one liners and massive walls of text. If we can respond to it, it's a good post.

However, if you're completely at a loss as to what length you should be shooting for, I advise somewhere between four and eight paragraphs.

● ● ●▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇on posting. »

PM Ecto if you know you're going to be away/unavailable for more than a week. If you're more than seven days without a post, we'll skip you.

Posts must be identifiable. Nothing overly extravagant, but please be sure to include a picture, your character's name, and your response. Prettiness is always a bonus.

● ● ●▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇on applications and profiles. »

Pick up the app under skeletons and PM it to ectoplasmic retribution so she can approve. Your spot will be reserved for 48 hours after approval, though once the 48 hours have passed your spot will be re-opened.

Please fill out the profiles to the best of your ability. Ecto couldn't care less about the image itself as long as it portrays your character accurately and fits the 250x500 frame that it's supposed to go in.

Quality > quantity. Ecto dislikes fluff greatly.

● ● ●▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇on canon. »

As this is a Homestuck roleplay, it's expected that you know a fair amount about the comic and its mechanics. While we're going to forgo things such as naming conventions, your god tier titles can be fan-made as long as they abide by the parameters Hussie has set for them. Ecto, Runaway and Tragedy will be very quick to call you out on anything that we think seriously (key term seriously; we're not a**l) violates canon, so don't think you can let it slip. Hamsteak is srs bsns. :<

● ● ●▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇on common sense. »

Follow the Gaia TOS.

Keep this PG-13.

Faffing about OOC is encouraged.

No mary sues. No godmoding. No killing off characters without the owner's permission.

Ecto reserves the right to change these rules and reject your profile at any given time.

Ectoplasmic retribution, PefectTragedy, and R U N A W A Y violinist have complete power. Their word is law.

Shirtless Prophet

ECTO HERE.

I deem this thread open.

~

Shirtless Prophet

ECTO HERE.

I deem this double thread open.

~

Unleashed Lunatic

Shirtless Prophet

ECTO HERE.

Bwahaha, yes good. Now if Tragedy gets online we can maybe do some srs bumping.

Did I ever get your profile, by the way?

~

Unleashed Lunatic

ONCE, WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, PEOPLE WOULD ASK ME, 'LITTLE GIRL KAYLA, WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SUPERHERO?'
        I WAS UNABLE TO ANSWER.
        THEREFORE, HENCEFORTH I BECAME A VILLAIN THAT ACTUALLY KILLED THE HERO WHEN SHE HAD A CHANCE, DIDN'T ******** AROUND AND HAVE LONG SPEECHES COUNTING THEIR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCHED, AND BEING AN ALL-AROUND ABSOLUTE GENRE-SAVVY MONSTER.
        WHY DO I TELL YOU THIS?
        I'M THE GODDAMNED VILLAIN NOW, AND FOREVER.

Shirtless Prophet

ECTO HERE.

... 5EVER, BG2EZ?

Seriously tho your villains. OP. I'm really excited to get this going god i hope this gets going so we can take Vince out for a little spin. C<

Also dat age difference. It's going to be hilarious once he and Elliott really get talking. xD Elliott and anybody, I guess. Nora's like 14 from what Tragedy tells me. I really hope we get some older people or I'll have to drop Elliott's age a bit. ><''

~

Shirtless Prophet

ECTO HERE.

... It just occurred to me how stupid we must sound.

i blame league

~

Unleashed Lunatic

The incredible part is you've only seen one of my villains up to this point and he in of himself counts for around five in sheer perfection and ego.

hue hue.

Shirtless Prophet

ECTO HERE.

Fsss I guess so. xD You haven't seen any of mine, iirc. I mean there's Noct but Nocturne isn't really a villain in the traditional sense. He's more a chaotic neutral leaning towards chaotic evil.

~

Unleashed Lunatic

Honestly Nocturne's like a (very, VERY metaphorical) puppy in that he just follows Veigar around and occasionally stuffs his endowments where he shouldn't.

hue.

Shirtless Prophet

ECTO HERE.

Bwa ha ha, pretty much. I'd hate to see what he'd do if he had decided to just derp around instead of planning his grand scheme against the League.

Probably murder. Lots of murder. He does that. >>;

One day I'll show you a couple of my villains from the Slenderverse. You'll like 'em. One's a bodysnatching jackass and the other is a businessman with an egregious french accent.

~

Shirtless Prophet

ECTO HERE.

User Image

~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items