Welcome to Gaia! ::

So this is just another one of those threads/forums concerning AP courses. So tell me:
how many have you taken so far and what scores have you received on them? Which ones were easy/challenging? Would you recommend them to certain people, and if so who?

Thanks. Enjoy. Not everyone all at once. Lmao.

I have taken
Human Geography (9th) (BORING CLASS)
World History (10th) (EASY, OKAY CLASS)
U.S. History (11th) (SORTA EASY, OKAY CLASS)
English Language (11th) (I DISLIKE THIS CLASS)
Psychology (11th) (FUN EASY CLASS. LOTS OF PRACTICE EXAMS.)

This year i'm taking:
U.S. Gov/Politics (boring sorta.)
Macroeconomics (next semester instead of Gov... seems boring too!)
English Literature (okay, better than Lang.)
Statistics (very easy!)
Environmental Science (easy and interesting.)
Art History (very few ppl in here, but its an interesting and easy A class here.)

I recommend that everyone take at least a few AP classes so you can get a taste of what college level work is like. It's rigorous and challenging but it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE. Take ones that you are good in and ones that interest you as well.

I'd recommend: Stats, Environmental, and Psych.

Adorable Nymph

9,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Only a freshman so my list is short and sweet;

Creative Writing(Easy, very few people. Nobody else seems to like it)
Honors English(Super easy, super fun class, great teacher)
Spanish 1(Super easy, teacher very dumb)

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
Taking AP Calc AB this year. Faster than IB Calc so I guess that makes it more interesting.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

I took AP classes, I dont feel they helped me. If i could do it over I'd of not taken them. I'm 24 and in college.

Desirable Lover

9,700 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I took Science..well it was kind of easy..I guess but later on it was getting kind of challenging

Beloved Lunatic

Last year, as a freshman, I took AP European History. I received a 4.

This year, I'm taking AP Government and Dual Enrollment Biology. I know it's not an AP, but is a college course.

In the future, I plan on taking AP Calculus, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP Human Geography, AP Chemistry, AP Physics BC, AP English Literature and Composition (11 + 12), AP Psychology, and AP Spanish. Whew.

It also really depends on who your teacher is. I mean, that Euro teacher last year made the class extremely funny with his PPT slides. Hell, he even broke out into dance in the middle of one of his lectures, shoved the binders and paperwork off of his desk, jumped on it, and continued to breakdance.

And thus, the class has always been a popular one at my school.
seeing people take all of these ap classes makes me feel stupid only taking 4 (2 my junior year and 2 my senior year) but that was plenty to keep me busy. I recommend taking them. I'm a freshman in college and I find myself using the same skills that I did in high school ap classes

Junior year:

AP US-4
AP English Language-4

Senior year:

AP Euro-4
AP Latin-4

Sparkly Lunatic

Is AP the same thing as honors?
I can not remember ><

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
In High School during my Sophomore year, I took a Gate Biology and a Gate World History. (Like AP, in a way)

Both were interesting classes and the teachers were really awesome.

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
User ImageUser Image

I did International Baccalaureate (or, IB) classes through my high school, 'cause that's what our affiliate is.

AP students know a little bit about a lot of things.
IB students know a lot about a few things.

That's the basic difference.

The IB classes I took were offered for Junior/Seniors. You were in honors classes if you wanted a challenge before those levels.

I personally took:
-IB English SL & HL (2 year class)
-IB History SL & HL (2 year class)
-IB Math SL (1 yr)
-IB Chemistry HL (2 year class shoved into 1 yr)
-IB Spanish SL (1 year class, but I've taken Spanish classes for over 11 years. Yay private schooling!)

Annnnd a couple others that weren't all that fantastic. User Image

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
Itsuki-nin
So this is just another one of those threads/forums concerning AP courses. So tell me:
how many have you taken so far and what scores have you received on them? Which ones were easy/challenging? Would you recommend them to certain people, and if so who?

Thanks. Enjoy. Not everyone all at once. Lmao.

I have taken
Human Geography (9th) (BORING CLASS)
World History (10th) (EASY, OKAY CLASS)
U.S. History (11th) (SORTA EASY, OKAY CLASS)
English Language (11th) (I DISLIKE THIS CLASS)
Psychology (11th) (FUN EASY CLASS. LOTS OF PRACTICE EXAMS.)

This year i'm taking:
U.S. Gov/Politics (boring sorta.)
Macroeconomics (next semester instead of Gov... seems boring too!)
English Literature (okay, better than Lang.)
Statistics (very easy!)
Environmental Science (easy and interesting.)
Art History (very few ppl in here, but its an interesting and easy A class here.)

I recommend that everyone take at least a few AP classes so you can get a taste of what college level work is like. It's rigorous and challenging but it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE. Take ones that you are good in and ones that interest you as well.

I'd recommend: Stats, Environmental, and Psych.

8th Grade:
Honors English
Honors Science
Honors Geometry
Choir
Orchestra

9th Grade:
Honors Frosh English
Honors Algebra 3-4
Honors Chem-Phys
Beginning Dance
Beginning Piano
Latin 1-2

10th Grade:
Honors Soph English
AP Calc BC
Honors Bio
World History
Ceramics 1-2
Latin 3-4

This Year:
AP English: Language and Composition
Honors Calc III / Differential Equations (second semester)
Honors Physics
American History
AP Psychology
World Religions / Entrepreneurship (second semester)

AP Classes aren't rigorous if you have a good teacher. My English teacher rarely administers homework. My psych teachers just makes us study and work on our experiments. Both teachers are laid back.

Explorer

I took AP language and AP history. This year I'm taking AP Physics and AP Literature C:
Back when I was in highschool, all the AP classes I took were:
Human Geography
US history
English Composition
English Literature
Chemistry
Biology
Economic (macro)
Calculus BC
Spanish

I took the AP exams for most of them and passed them all (I forgot my scores because it's been a while)

Looking back, they helped me prepare for college in a sense that I learned some of the materials beforehand already. However, the credits that I received for these classes did not matter that much in the long run. Because of the way how my college is structured, I still have to be here for 4 years even with all the AP credits (even without the AP credits, I would still have more than enough credits to graduate). So looking back, I probably wouldn't have taken some of these AP classes (like US history, Econ, English, and even Spanish) because they are useless to me in the long run and I could've saved a lot of stress back in the days.

10,250 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Object of Affection 150
My school just added AP classes this year, and I'm in their first graduating class. They don't quite have their s**t together.
I'm taking AP Literature, which is a joke, and AP Spanish Language, which is also ridiculous.
Neither teacher has ever done an AP class before and they're still in training. Last year's normal classes were much more rigorous.
If I had gone to a different school my education might have been worth submitting to s**t for four years at three different high schools. But now I'm stuck there, and it's too late to home school myself.

I just took a few subject tests yesterday - Biology and Literature.
I don't need a whole year of putting up with that weird old lady who does nothing but promise to grade our essays later.
And Biology, well... most of the stuff I was tested on was not part of my curriculum in ninth grade. I was lucky I had an interest in it outside of the school and would visit the library often just for books on animal classifications, et cetera. It says many things about the quality of my education - not very many of them are positive.

9,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
My school is stupid so the first one I took was AP European History in sophomore year, which was easy.
This year I have AP Bio (hard as hell) , AP Spanish (boring) , and AP US History (not hard but I hate US history).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff