Welcome to Gaia! ::

Phantom

Disarming North Korea
Integrated Chemistry/Physics is a crash course for people not really interested in either. I'm the only sophomore in the class-- it's more of a junior's course, I think, but I was told to take it before I took Physics, so I did. /shrug.
Oh okay haha. My school forced everyone to take a class like that freshman year that had one semester physics and one semester chemistry. I thought it was a waste of time, frankly, since I'm taking IB Physics now and we're re-learning everything D:

In a relationship with Sappho herself

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Friendly 100
falling downn

our school forces nothing, which is a blessing and a curse. they add new required courses every year and it's so hard to keep track.

they're also really bad on letting things slip by. i'm already retaking second semester algebra 2, and recently found out that it somehow slipped past administration and myself that i failed second semester of algebra 1, so i have to take that next year. .n.;;

Phantom

Chika Futamoshi-sama
Really? Not even as just a band thing?
Nope, it's really odd. My middle school had a color guard, if I remember correctly, but my high school doesn't have one. We have a Band class (which is for marching band and playing at football games) and a Jazz Band which meets at 0 period (and sometimes performs at assemblies). The closest we get to a color guard is when some people from Chorus sing the national anthem at assemblies ._.

Phantom

Disarming North Korea
our school forces nothing, which is a blessing and a curse. they add new required courses every year and it's so hard to keep track.

they're also really bad on letting things slip by. i'm already retaking second semester algebra 2, and recently found out that it somehow slipped past administration and myself that i failed second semester of algebra 1, so i have to take that next year. .n.;;
Ah I see, that must be annoying to keep track of. Our school has actually been decreasing requirements every year for the next class. The students two grades below us don't have to take the physics/chemistry thing that we did freshman year. ono

Ugh, that must honestly suck. I don't think that's ever happened at my school, but sometimes the administration won't let you take a class because it's "full," when in reality it's not. Some sort of computer glitch I suppose.

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
falling downn

that's so weird. they've been adding them, i'm not even sure what i need to take anymore.
frankly, half the stuff i'm required to take is utter bullshit that will never help me in the career path i've chosen (dramatic arts in some way shape or form, but in the very likely event that it doesn't pan out, library sciences.)

Phantom

Disarming North Korea
that's so weird. they've been adding them, i'm not even sure what i need to take anymore.
frankly, half the stuff i'm required to take is utter bullshit that will never help me in the career path i've chosen (dramatic arts in some way shape or form, but in the very likely event that it doesn't pan out, library sciences.)

What is library sciences? o_o I've never heard of that haha... I'm not required to take that many dumb classes, I think. Just a year of fine art, one year of occupational education (like career-related classes), 2 years of health/PE, etc. So yeah, not too bad.

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
falling downn

library sciences are what librarians are trained in, if my understanding is right.

we have to take a personal finance class, an interpersonal relation class, two years of PE, one year of health, I think. .n.

Phantom

Disarming North Korea
library sciences are what librarians are trained in, if my understanding is right.

we have to take a personal finance class, an interpersonal relation class, two years of PE, one year of health, I think. .n.
Library sciences...is such a random class... o:

I don't think we even have a personal finance class or an interpersonal relations class o_o The closest we come to those are economics/business class and psychology lol. Oh god, two years of PE and one years of health is pretty harsh. We just need 1.5 years (3 semesters) of PE and 0.5 years of Health... But how many periods do you have? W] have 6 periods everyday.

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
falling downn

oh, no, it's not a class! it's what i want to do when i grow up. i was saying that some of the classes i have to take have nothing to do with it. xD

well, in all actuality, my numbers were off. we only need two semesters of gym and one of health. xD
we have seven periods a day.

Phantom

Disarming North Korea
oh, no, it's not a class! it's what i want to do when i grow up. i was saying that some of the classes i have to take have nothing to do with it. xD

well, in all actuality, my numbers were off. we only need two semesters of gym and one of health. xD
we have seven periods a day.

Ohhh okay, sorry about the misunderstanding >n<;

Ah I see~ I wish we had seven periods a day, since our six periods mostly get taken up by the core classes we need / are highly recommended to take: English, history, math, science, foreign language, random elective that's required.

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
higschool. dropped my advanced math class, got send to a lower one, but for the grade ahead of me..? pretty much the same thing as staying in advanced.. but it's suprisingly reeeeeealllyyyy sllllooooowwww T-T mylife.

Kindly Bard

9,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
high school. taking:

intro to art
biology
german 1
PE (gym)
english honors 9
geometry.

guess what year i am xd

Phantom

KathS_660
high school. taking:

intro to art
biology
german 1
PE (gym)
english honors 9
geometry.

guess what year i am xd
Lol, I'm guessing freshman. owo;
What is your German class like?

Kindly Bard

9,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
falling downn
KathS_660
high school. taking:

intro to art
biology
german 1
PE (gym)
english honors 9
geometry.

guess what year i am xd
Lol, I'm guessing freshman. owo;
What is your German class like?
you guessed it, freshman whee it's full of sophmores and seniors (seniors taking first language class! burning_eyes ) and about half the class can't even emulate the accent for their lives. They pretty much pronounce every single consonant the american way. it's basically doing worksheets and repeating what the teacher says to repeat. she also goes around asking individual people in german the questions she taught (like what is your name? what is your phone number? where do you live? how old are you?) and we respond in german with a full sentence. yes, she does make us recite our phone numbers in class. lol.

Phantom

KathS_660
you guessed it, freshman whee it's full of sophmores and seniors (seniors taking first language class! burning_eyes ) and about half the class can't even emulate the accent for their lives. They pretty much pronounce every single consonant the american way. it's basically doing worksheets and repeating what the teacher says to repeat. she also goes around asking individual people in german the questions she taught (like what is your name? what is your phone number? where do you live? how old are you?) and we respond in german with a full sentence. yes, she does make us recite our phone numbers in class. lol.
Hmm, kind of sounds like my Japanese class, although everyone is the same grade. It's so weird that there are seniors taking a first year language class. o:
Lol, our teacher has made us say our phone numbers too, as well as our addresses and parents' names and pretty much every detail of our lives. ono;;

By the way, I like your avatar -- it's a Katniss cosplay, right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff