Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Spotter

6,900 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
I hate the fact that I can't wear a hat to school. what rule do you hate?

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
As coming from the viewpoint of a teacher, it is considered rude for a student to wear a hat in the classroom. It shows that they're not interested in what the teacher has to say and doesn't plan to stay long. The same goes for churches and other public places. But when I was a student, the one rule I didn't like was that we weren't allowed to wear open toed shoes. I actually had to go to the office and call my mom to bring me a pair of closed toe shoes.
Lady_Brighteyes
As coming from the viewpoint of a teacher, it is considered rude for a student to wear a hat in the classroom. It shows that they're not interested in what the teacher has to say and doesn't plan to stay long. The same goes for churches and other public places. But when I was a student, the one rule I didn't like was that we weren't allowed to wear open toed shoes. I actually had to go to the office and call my mom to bring me a pair of closed toe shoes.

I don't really see what part of wearing a hat is considered "rude". Or how it relates to leaving (shoes would fit that quota better i think). Maybe if they were wearing something that was obviously distracting, maybe. But a regular hat? I just don't see that. From my perspective, it's just as silly as someone saying socks are rude.

Especially when they try to force that rule in college. That's even more confusing. What, pajamas are allowed but a hat to cover up your bed head isn't?

To me, a disinterested student is a disinterested student, regardless of what they choose to wear on their heads. If they're scribbling pictures in their books or are passed out on their desks, then they have reason to be called out. However, it's not only hat-wearing students that do this, so I don't see the point. neutral
ivy the kiwi

The 'you only have five minutes to get to your next class on the other end of the school' rule.

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
Terranica
ivy the kiwi

The 'you only have five minutes to get to your next class on the other end of the school' rule.

Walk faster? I've had classes on the other side of school and I made it. There are also some teachers that do understand that there are students that have to travel a good bit to class. Besides five minutes is a bit much to get to a class, when I was in school the interval between bells was three minutes. You kids have it easy these days quit complaining.

MistressLynn 's Husband

Business Businessman

I hate the having the shave my face rule.
It's an understandable one, I just hate it.

Invisible Spotter

6,900 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Terranica
ivy the kiwi

ikr! you have to rush just to get there on time. xp

Swashbuckling Pirate

4,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trader 100
ivy the kiwi

Hmmmm, don't eat crayons...

Omnipresent Demigod

Terranica
ivy the kiwi

HDMl
████████████████████████♚█████

Oh Lord yes, that was a pain, especially when I was in 11th grade and my high school actually had "WINGS" !
████████████████████████♚█████
Lady_Brighteyes
Terranica
ivy the kiwi

Walk faster? I've had classes on the other side of school and I made it. There are also some teachers that do understand that there are students that have to travel a good bit to class. Besides five minutes is a bit much to get to a class, when I was in school the interval between bells was three minutes. You kids have it easy these days quit complaining.

The bigger the school, the bigger the problem this is. I went to a relatively small school (2 floors, could walk around the entire building in 15-20 mins.) but still had a problem with getting to certain classes in the time allotted. No, 5 minutes isn't enough to go to the other side of the school, walk down the single staircase, and walk back to the side you were on originally in five minutes, much less when there's slow moving or stopped students clogging the hallways.
ivy the kiwi

I work at a school district where the kids aren't allowed to play tag... neutral And how are we supposed to enforce that? So dumb. Kids are restricted from doing anything these days.

Shy Fatcat

When I used to go to school. We also had that rule. I hated it since i loved to cover my head. I had like animal hats and stuff.
This rule was enforced but around the middle of the first semester, they kinda stopped caring about it. Which was good for me. <w >

That was probably the rule I hated most. The rest were understandable or didn't matter to me.

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
i hate the rule that we can't have lockers.. guess they don't want drugs. also we have closed campus..

Questionable Borg

ivy the kiwi
You're going to have rules the rest of your life. They don't end once you're out of high school.

Buck up and accept it.
My new headmistress is a bit over-the-top with rules. I guess my most hated rule is that we have to bring two pairs of socks and a water bottle, even when we don't have PE. I've ended up in trouble more than once for forgetting my socks. ¬_¬

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff