Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Why in the world, is gaia so expensive?

Well because, gaia became money hungry! They keep releasing gaia cash items, which, people who have extra money in real life to spend, get to buy and sell it for tons of gaia gold in the marketplace. And then the wealthy people of gaia become wealthier, while the poor continue to work their booties off to earn gaia gold.
I assume they keep releasing gaia cash items to earn money to help with their new adult forum site, which i think is a waste and they should have somehow incorporated a +18 site inside of gaia.

I remember when things were cheap and people use to have fun, socializing and goofing off on gaia. But i feel like everything is now about how much more time do you have to spend in order to buy your next accessory for your avi.

Hilarious Explorer

6,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
The_Suicide_Room

Well because, gaia became money hungry! They keep releasing gaia cash items, which, people who have extra money in real life to spend, get to buy and sell it for tons of gaia gold in the marketplace. And then the wealthy people of gaia become wealthier, while the poor continue to work their booties off to earn gaia gold.
I assume they keep releasing gaia cash items to earn money to help with their new adult forum site, which i think is a waste and they should have somehow incorporated a +18 site inside of gaia.

I remember when things were cheap and people use to have fun, socializing and goofing off on gaia. But i feel like everything is now about how much more time do you have to spend in order to buy your next accessory for your avi.

i miss the good old days. crying now you have to sink so much real money into the game to get anywhere. it's no longer a free site if you think about it.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Actually, items bought with Gaia Cash have little if any impact on the Marketplace prices. Rather, it's the gold generators (items that are used to produce gaia gold) while have caused the large amount of inflation and large price increases on everything.

Kawaii Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Einrick
Actually, items bought with Gaia Cash have little if any impact on the Marketplace prices. Rather, it's the gold generators (items that are used to produce gaia gold) while have caused the large amount of inflation and large price increases on everything.

Those things actually work?

Wealthy Shopper

10,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Profitable 100
It's because of the gold generators. I'm an artist so from selling art I've been able to keep up just fine without spending a dime.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The_Suicide_Room
Einrick

Those things actually work?

The most recent "Make it Pour" produces between 10 million to 3 billion, from what I've seen. Given that you can buy 48 of them for $15, that's around 2.4 billion gold (assuming 50 million average).

When you have a lot of people spending their $15 this month on Make it Pour rather than just buying Monthly Collectables or other items directly, not only does everything in the marketplace inflate (because there is more gold to spend on everything) but the new items skyrocket in price, because there are no longer large numbers of them thanks to less people buying them directly. This is why, say, Ikki the Kitsune is 900 million but Midnight Violeztin is almost 3 billion.

Eternal Guardian

21,175 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Partygoer 500
The_Suicide_Room

I miss Gaia when it was in the old days i loved it back then like how alot of people work for the items they worked hard for but now.... lots of people can become rich by selling a 499 g cash item for 500m+ or do the item gold generator thingy i don't understand why people buy g-cash to start the inflating process..i mean. I worked my butt to get the items i had O.O .. while people can make gold in instant by the g cash shop things... I really miss the old days D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff