Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Shade

There's usually a thread at least once a day in the AT asking for help finding an item. This right here is for just the same purpose, except it's for everyone to use! You get help finding your item while cutting down on excess threads; it's a two-fer! emotion_awesome

You may use the following simple form if you'd like:
[b][color=red][size=16]Please help me find this item![/size][/color]
Description/screenshot:[/b]

Screenshots are better, but if you don't have and can't get one, please be as descriptive as possible. Include things like color, type of item, additional poses you may remember the item having, etc.

If you are using someone's current avatar for your image, it's best to save the image and upload it somewhere like Photobucket or imgur. Pulling an avatar image straight from Gaia will cause the image to change when the person does which creates confusion and incorrect answers. Using an image from favorites or the Runway museum are more stable.

RULES
1. Be respectful.
2. If you have a problem, take it outside the thread; if you still can't resolve your thread-related issue, PM me.
3. If you know someone's item, please quote them! Quote multiple people in the same post if you can.
4. Keep image sizes reasonable. Crop images down to just the avatar(s) you're asking about. If you can't help but have a large image, please provide a link or use a spoiler tag. Avoid page stretching, please.
5. If your post has fallen off the latest page, feel free to re-post it. Include all the same information as before, so people don't have to go searching for your image/description.
6. Please keep chatter to a minimum! This thread is fast-paced and it's easy for item requests to get lost. Consider tipping as a way to say thanks instead of making another post.
7. Anyone may ask for any amount of items, up to and including every item on an avatar. Caveat: you may not do so every time you use this thread. If you ask for entire avatars either 3 times in a row OR 3 times within a 1 month period, this is also too frequent. Trying to circumvent this rule by asking about the same avatar several times with a different area asked about each time will be treated as suspicious.
8. HOWEVER - this thread is for finding items for your own use. If your intention is to steal an avatar, don't. Anyone caught using this thread to copy someone else's avatar will be banned. If you believe this is happening, you need to send me a PM with evidence of theft and we will discuss it in private. Do not PM without evidence. I do NOT want to see a discussion of this kind in the thread.

On rule 7:

Below will be my final ruling. I will not entertain this topic again unless or until I specifically decide to. And there's a good chance I won't. I've given everyone here an opportunity to voice their opinions, and it's pretty clear to me that the community is evenly split. Both the poll and the comments reflect that. I understand some of you feel strongly about this topic, but I'm done talking about this. If you disagree with my decisions: fine. But you can either respect it or not use the thread. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I'm really tired of having this discussion over and over again. I'm not on this website for drama and bullshit. I'm too old and too busy.

Rule 7 will stay as is, with some minor changes to enforcement practices.
People will still be able to ask for entire avatars; that will not change. HOWEVER: if every time someone uses the thread it's to ask for an entire avatar, they will be watched, warned, and possibly eventually banned for highly suspicious activity. To do so once or twice with a gap in between is one thing; to do so regularly is beyond the comfort zone of many users. If you ask for entire avatars either 3 times in a row OR 3 times within a 1 month period, you will be warned. If you continue after that, you will be banned. Anyone caught trying to circumvent this rule by asking about the same avatar several times with a different area asked about each time will be treated with even higher levels of suspicion - do it once and you get warned, twice and you get banned.

On cosplays:
A lot of drama seems to come from cosplays, so let me make feelings on cosplays perfectly clear. COSPLAYS WILL LOOK SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER BY THEIR VERY NATURE. Gaia has a limited number of items that will fit what is needed. If the point is to make your avatar look as close to a character as possible, there's going to be some overlap. The simpler the character/outfit, the more this will be true. This does not mean someone can use my thread to do a complete item-for-item copy on a cosplay. It does mean that cosplays will likely be judged a little less harshly than original avatars.

RESOURCES
Below is a link to a list of active guides; it includes inactive but still helpful ones too. Check it out and see if there's a guide for what you're looking for.

Item Guides Compilation

Hallowed Shade

Aaaand I'm totally starting this thing off right now, haha.

Please help me find this item!
Description/screenshot:
A small gun, black/dark gray(?), that is holstered around the thigh area, or maybe the hip. It might be attached to a leg mod of sorts.

In a relationship with Eserel

Indebted Student

great idea ^^

could it be "Future Investigation" ?

Magic Hero

What a great-a** idea! I hope this can unclutter our front page quite a bit! emotion_dowant

Hallowed Shade

t3h marth
great idea ^^

Thanks! emotion_awesome

Possibly, but I don't think so? That's about the size, but all the gun poses are hand hold poses rather than a holstered pose.

In a relationship with Eserel

Indebted Student

Navean
t3h marth
great idea ^^

Thanks! emotion_awesome

Possibly, but I don't think so? That's about the size, but all the gun poses are hand hold poses rather than a holstered pose.

black ops gear
Interstellar bounty
Case of pietro
?

Hallowed Shade

t3h marth
black ops gear
Interstellar bounty
Case of pietro
?

None of those. It was more like the ones you see in Space Channel Gaia/Space Channel Gaia Beta but realistic rather than raygun-era sci-fi looking.

Hallowed Shade

Wealthy Giver

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
Description/screenshot:
It is the new recolor of the item Dark Chocolate.

Tiny Muse

ll Rivers ll
Description/screenshot:

The item is called Bitter Sweets. It appeared in Gaia's black Friday sale on Saturday 8pm - 11pm PST for 2500 GC. It's not released yet.
The 2 main threads in the GCD that are covering the black Friday sale are pretty good. They're where I got my info. c:

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ll Rivers ll

it's not even out yet.
But it's called Bitter Sweet

Gaian

Description/screenshot: its a blue magic hat with yellow and its in one of the shops and i cant find it!! i thinks its 5m thou

Wealthy Giver

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
Kumi Kasahara
ll Rivers ll
Description/screenshot:

The item is called Bitter Sweets. It appears in Gaia's black Friday sale on Saturday 8pm - 11pm PST for 2500 GC. It's not released yet.
The 2 main threads in the GCD that are covering the black Friday sale are pretty good. They're where I got my info. c:

Thank you very much c:

Wealthy Giver

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
Kumatora-san
ll Rivers ll

it's not even out yet.
But it's called Bitter Sweet

Thank you very much c:

Hallowed Shade

G a m e O v e r -o-
Description/screenshot: its a blue magic hat with yellow and its in one of the shops and i cant find it!! i thinks its 5m thou

Merlin's Hat by Dernier Cri

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces