1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 > >>

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
                    xxxxx> > welcome !

to Imagine, a Disney themed tektek contest.

I'm doctor doof ( before a name change I was

PolarMints ), aka your host. In this contest, conte-

stants will battle it out in hair-raising, action-

packed, nail-biting, arm-crushing, head-scratching

competition in order to win a grand prize of 4OK

( possibly higher ), and to be named the first ever

winner of Imagine. Imagine that! hehe, i couldn't resist

So yup. Feel free to chat it up in here.

And, uh, "have a magical day." :D

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
                    xxxxx> > rules.

• This should go without saying, but follow the rules, ToS, AT guidelines, etc.
                          • I do not tolerate theft of tekteks and avatars.
                          • No spamming, flaming, eating each other up, etc.
                          • Respect judges, respect contestants, respect... everyone
                          • Cover your sneezes. I can't stress this enough.
                          • No colored drinks. We just got new carpet.
                          • All entries, entry fees, and applications will be sent to "Imaginary Mule."
                          Only PM me, doctor doof, if you need an extension or if you have any
                          comments or concerns regarding the contest. Thanks. C:

xxxxx> > applying.

• Fill out a contestant//judges form and PM it to "Imaginary Mule."
                          • Now you wait... Simple, huh? I don't think I'll be accepting every applicant.
                          Sorry! If I don't respond to your PM after a few days, assume you didn't make it. :(
                          • When I say you're accepted, send an entry fee of 1.5K to "Imaginary
                          Mule." All entry fees will go towards the grand prize. Second and
                          Third place prizes may also be awarded in the final round.
                          • After we receive enough contestants and judges, we'll begin the contest.

xxxxx> > procedures.

• I will post the round requirements in the Current Round post.
                          • Contestants will construct avatars. They may post in the thread
                          ( and I guess wherever ) for feedback and advice. Judges may give
                          general comments ( avoid being too specific ). Both Dream-free and
                          avatars are allowed. I will accept inventory search and shop previews.
                          • Contestants send their entries to the contest mule, "Imaginary
                          Mule," before the due date expires.
                          • Judges will follow the judging rubric and grade each avatar.
                          • A new will be posted.
                          ** The last two procdures may overlap.
                          • Due date extensions may be given out to those who let me know
                          ahead of time. PM me, doctor doof for this.

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

User Image
          xxx> > doctor doof.
          • Hey there. I'm doctor doof. I used to be PolarMints before a recent name change.
          You can call me whatever you want though. XD I've been tekteking for almost four
          years. This is the third contest I've hosted, and I'm pretty excited about it. When
          judging, I like to look for a balance between a bit of everything, aesthetics and ori-
          ginality being most important to me.

User Image
          xxx> > Aerovinity.
          • Call me Aero, i like it better that way emotion_dealwithit
          I'm a high school student, who wants to graduate early, which is most likely
          impossible. I look for Clean layers, really great facial expressions, interesting
          and unique colors/items and solid work overall.

User Image
          xxx> > le dharma bum.
          • I'm a 19 year-old college student by day, champion taker of naps by night.
          I look for tekteks that have been well thought out and generally have some sort
          of theme in mind. An array of expensive items does not an avatar make, nor does
          being overly matchy. I especially enjoy unusual color palettes and use of items
          in an atypical manner, such as wings incorporated into a tough sort of avvie. I try
          to first understand the theme or feel someone is trying to create when judging and
          then think about how it could be improved or expanded, and generally give constructive
          feedback without being critical.

User Image
          xxx> > Serethielle.
          • I'm just a Gaian fanatic about avatars and the making of them. I judge
          meticulously. And I mean meticulously. I look for deeper, "secret" meanings/connections
          in the entries for each theme (I incorporate secret meanings into contests I enter),
          how something is done (is it too stereotypical?), and all your daily basics (flow,
          color, balance, matching, simplistic, realistic, etc.). I look for the unique something
          in each avatar, whether it be how the theme's colors are incorporated with the meaning,
          or if it's just a small joke.

To apply PM this form to "Imaginary Mule"
          Quote:
          Username :
          Experience : ( any contests? judging? experience )
          Introduce yourself : ( who are you? what do you look for in a tektek? your judging style, etc. )
          Full-body Export Code :

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

User Image xxx> > eleventh day.
          • im kaschieka, im a weird asss ho' my tekteking styles are texture rape, collage clutter, color puke, dark based & blobs, im weak at themed avatars and grammar, they can suck my duck!!! fy~ D;<

User Imagexxx> > marworlfer.
          • I'm marwolfer, aka mar or marmar. I've been around the AT for so long that I feel like an elderly woman. Anyways, my style tends to lean towards the realistic with character driven aspects versus overly matching or cluttered. I can adapt my style to an extent, but I'd rather create what I love than conform.

User Imagexxx> > Alexzandera.
          • Call me Alex! My style varies. I like matching, something about it bugs me if not, unless it’s for a realistic avvie. I also tend to go for the non-traditional look that people don’t always like.

User Imagexxx> > xxpinki.
          • hey! i'm kelsey, and my style is organized cluttered and i like to make up stories to go with the avatars i'm making (does this make me crazy?) i like to use a lot of older items (honestly it's because gaia moves faster than this oldbie can keep up with!)

User Imagexxx> > padfoott.
          • I'm padfoott, paddycakes, paddy, etc. My style varies, mainly a simpler feel but I can also do more complex layering. I can do any "style" or "theme", though (girly, punk, elegant, etc.). I love anything artsy or nerdy.....and yeah! C:

User Imagexxx> > Prolly Naut.
          • (°ロ°)☝ Hi there. I'm Prolly Naut, and my style is usually very clean cut,color coordinated and themed . Also, I like to play around and do cosplay avis in my free time, so I feel like this contest will be very fun for me.

User Imagexxx> > Starzel.
          • I'm Starzel, Star, doesn't matter. I think my style focuses a bit more on matching than on theme but I try to incorporate both. I think I'm pretty traditional in my avatar-making style in that it is mostly people in clothes, but I also do try more untraditional creation which is more like a creature.

User Imagexxx> > Jamais Changeant.
          • Hey y'all! I'm Jamais Changeant, though I go by Jam, Jammy or Jamjam around the AT. Been in tons of contests! Though I've cut back recently I'm ready to try to get back into the game. I don't really think I have a specific style...I like to try new things and adapt to new challenges...however, I tend towards matching and more complex layering when I create avatars.

User Imagexxx> > Orlyescence.
          • I'm a college student in the Northeast. I recently decided to come back to Gaia after a 2 year absence. When it comes to Tektekking, I always like to match, but I can appreciate a good themed avatar. I have a soft spot for clutter.

User Imagexxx> > 0_o-kori.
          • HI, y'all can just call me kori. smile I like to incorporate both theme and matching into my avi-making. I especially enjoy playing with background layering, but I also like to experiment with other styles such as complex clutter, etc.

User Imagexxx> > 1 hit wonder boy.
          • Hello everyone! My name is Seanan- 1 hit wonder boy! Although most people call me Wonder or the rare WB. My style is... I guess. Character. Every Avatar or tektek I create has a story and/or personality. I lean towards matching and theme, but that all goes in to Character/Personality as well.

User Imagexxx> > d0llar.
          • hey, i'm sam ~ ! c: i just came back to gaia, after about a year or so ? i abuse layers, just a heads up. my tekteks usually are usually based on a certain theme, and i try to include my personality into them, haha.

To apply fill out this form and PM it to "Imaginary Mule"
          Quote:
          Username :
          Examples : ( 4-6, dream-free//avatars )
          Experience :
          Introduce Yourself : ( who are you? Tekteking style, etc )
          Headshot Export Code :

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
                    xxxxx> > O4. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the first of Walt Disney's animated classics and is based on the old German fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm.

The film features a young girl named Snow White who falls in love with a prince and is cast out by the Evil Queen who fears that Snow White's beauty may surpass hers. Snow White runs away deep into the woods and ends up staying in a house of seven dwarfs.

Your challenge is to recreate the characteristics of each character in an avatar. You are not cosplaying. Unlike the last round, you will not be basing your avatar on the character himself, but the qualities each portrays.

Doc
                          Sleepy
                          Bashful
                          Dopey
                          Grumpy
                          Sneezy
                          Happy

Claim your characters in the thread. This will run on a first-come-first-serve basis.
                          If you have questions, feel free to ask.
                          This round is due on Monday, August 2O.

xxxxx> > fun fact.

• Wheezy, Puffy, Stuffy, Biggo-Ego, Jumpy, Baldy, Nifty, Gabby, Stubby, Deafy, Dizzey, Hickey, Sniffy, Swift, Lazy, Puffy, Tubby, Shorty and Burpy and Burby were some ideas for names of the dwarfs. They, of course, were not used in the final cut.

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
        xxxxx> > round 0.

Judges will be following this rubric
              overall appeal x / 10
              originality x / 10
              relevance to round theme x / 5
              total x / 25

Quote:
        eleventh day
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        overall appeal 9.5 / 10
        originality 10 / 10
        relevance to round theme 4 / 5
        total 23.5 / 25
        This is pretty amazing. It’s a really clever idea, and you executed it in a way that’s really cool way. My only complaint would be that some of the phone-ish-ness is taken away by some of the excessive details. I do really like the addition of the hands and the wires.

overall appeal 10 / 10 ( how it looks... matching, texture, clutter, etc )
        originality 10 / 10 ( creativity, etc )
        relevance to round theme 5 / 5
        total 25 / 25
        Multitasking --- check! Phone --- just the perfect shape, charging! Perfect.

overall appeal: 7
        originality: 9
        relevance to round theme: 2
        total: 19
        Comments: The main problem with this, to me, is that it doesn't look like a human turning into a cell phone. It looks more like a blob. I think the background doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and some of the items are odd. But, the multiple hands are an awesome touch, and the wires on sticking out of the phone are genius.

Quote:
        Alexzandera
        overall appeal 8 / 10
        originality 8 / 10
        total 20 / 25
        This is interesting. I like what you’re going for, but I see a person trapped in a mirror/painting rather than a painter turned into a painting. This is nice aesthetics-wise, but in my opinion, it’s not extremely spectacular. I really wish you did something else with the face. It just seems to lack expression, and looks rather dead. And I think it’s just me, but I have some personal bias against that frame. Overall though, this is a nice entry.

overall appeal 8 / 10 ( how it looks... matching, texture, clutter, etc )
        originality 8 / 10 ( creativity, etc )
        total 21 / 25
        The contrast in color (rainbow, black frame) brings out the painting. Person-turned paintings seem very unoriginal; they aren't too odd to see in movies (you can just about picture in almost any movie someone leering out of a portrait to give some advice/guidance). The crown of the head could use some pink/orange; the laurels can over cover so much area. Other than that, good job!

originality: 8
        relevance to round theme: 5
        total: 20
        Comments: I wish the hair was a different color. Like, i feel that since it's such a stark contrast against all the oranges and reds, it didn't blend as well as i hoped it would. I do like how it's all swirling together in a way, but not liking this face.

Quote:
        kelstabulous
        overall appeal 7 / 10
        originality 8.5 / 10
        total 20.5 / 25
        I like this tissue idea a lot, but the avatar itself is a little lacking in some aspects. The head area’s pretty well done; however, everything below looks really blocky and a little awkward. I like the duller green around the head area, but the rest of the greens are pretty off. Nice job though.

overall appeal 9 / 10 ( how it looks... matching, texture, clutter, etc )
        total 24 / 25
        There could be just a tad more green in the torso. Nice flow/shape and expression.

overall appeal: 8
        originality: 10
        total: 23
        Comments: A used hankie was pure genius! I think the head of this is spot on to what you were going for, the sick, gross look of a hankie after it's used (the bubbles were an awesome add on!) the rest of it, however, is looking like moss, instead of mucus... Using some sort of long dress might have worked better.

Quote:
        padfoott

overall appeal 8 / 10
        originality 9 / 10
        total 22 / 25
        Theme-wise, this is pretty spot on. I can very clearly see both servant and pencil, which makes your entry stand out a lot. My only complaint would be that I don’t love your clothing choices especially the shirt and vest. Otherwise, this is a strong, yet simple entry.

total 25 / 25
        Simple, straight to the point, and evident personality. Refreshing and very obvious; fabulous.

overall appeal: 9
        total: 24
        Comments: I wish the hair wasn't sticking out from behind the hat :c Besides that, this is exceptionally well done. The tiers of color all represent the parts of the pencil perfectly, and this to me, feels like the only one that looks like your object, AND a human being. Well done~

Quote:
        Prolly Naut
        overall appeal 6 / 10
        originality 9 / 10
        relevance to round theme 2 / 5
        total 17 / 25
        I’ll be honest; I don’t love this. It’s really messy, and it’s really difficult to look past that. I’m not really seeing the fireman in this, and to be completely honest, I don’t know that I would have instantly seen smoke detector. I do like that you managed to capture ‘over reactive’ and panicked though. I think a different set of eyes would have helped that though. Overall, this is just alright.

overall appeal 6 / 10 ( how it looks... matching, texture, clutter, etc )
        total 21 / 25
        I see the need/use for a poll, but it just doesn't fit in right. You would've been better off without it. In general, the avatar is rather scattered, and so much smoke in the air wouldn't, to me, be deemed something to chill about. Less smoke, or leave out the "over reactive" part and it would've been better.

originality: 9
        relevance to round theme: 2
        total: 18
        Comments: I'm not getting fireman from this. I would have used a male base instead of a female base, that would have worked better. The "pole" is like your trying too hard with the fireman theme, and the smoke detector get's lost.

Quote:
        Starzel
        overall appeal 8.5 / 10
        originality 8 / 10
        relevance to round theme 3 / 5
        total 19.5 / 25
        I’m not sure that I would have guessed that this was a napkin and fork set without the description. But anyways, the avatar is alright. It doesn’t really have an insane wow factor, but it’s not bad. Overall, an alright entry.

originality 7 / 10 ( creativity, etc )
        relevance to round theme 3 / 5
        total 20 / 25
        It just looks like a matching avatar to me (a very nice one, don't get me wrong). It vaguely represents a fork+napkin set. I would not have known otherwise if there wasn't a description.

overall appeal: 6
        relevance to round theme: 3
        total: 19
        Comments: I see the napkin part of your avatar easily. I can't see the fork part though. Maybe it's the shape of it, but all i see is the napkin. Also, the blacks/darker gray's are distracting.

Quote:
        Jamais Changeant
        overall appeal 10 / 10
        originality 9 / 10
        total 24 / 25
        I like this a lot. This has a lot of character, and I love how you managed to keep both human and lamp-like qualities. Nice job.

total 24 / 25
        I love the dynamic. One thing that struck me odd was the fact that it seemed to be prancing; however would it balance on the floor...?

relevance to round theme: 4
        total: 21
        Comments: The cord was a really nice touch for this. But, the position of this is off for me; Why would a standing lamp be balanced on one leg? Not working. What's also not working are the arm mods. They could be the chains you pull to turn on the lightbulb, but they look too thick to be that.

Quote:
        0_o-kori
        overall appeal 9.5 / 10
        originality 9.5 / 10
        total 24 / 25
        This is really cool. I like the changes that you made from your previous WIPs. I don’t see as much gardener in this besides the watering can(which I’m not a huge fan of), but this is still really well done.

total 25 / 25
        I love the meshing of the botanic colors, and it was really creative to use the chess base! The Gogh Reed butterflies look as if they started blending with the plant; perfect touch. Me very much likey.

Comments: I think changing the "vase" into the one you used was an excellent choice. I also like how the gardeners face looks plantlike, and the eyes really pop. But, is that a watering can? I think for theme, it's good. But, I wouldn't have put it on, it sort of sticks out. Also, i just wish you had some more flowers on the left side of this. Maybe even another bouquet like the one on the right side?

Quote:
        1 hit wonder boy
        overall appeal 8.5 / 10
        originality 9 / 10
        total 23.5 / 25
        I really like this idea. I kind of wish you played around with shape a little more because it seems like you’re relying a lot on color scheme and the background item. But anyways, this is really nice. I’m a big fan of texture, and I think you pulled it off nicely. The feet area is rough, but it’s pretty to get anything down there. Nice job though.

overall appeal 9 / 10 ( how it looks... matching, texture, clutter, etc )
        total 24 / 25
        The only thing off is that the ankles look a bit bare; a way to get some orange in there would've been great. I can totally see the door knocker, and it's very creative.

Comments: Doorknocker was a really original idea here. I think it's really pretty, and i love all the tiny details and accessories. I think maybe the red reversible bracelets are a little too chunky for this, maybe instead the friendship bracelets would have been pretty.

Quote:
        d0llar
        overall appeal 9 / 10
        originality 8 / 10
        total 21 / 25
        This is pretty cool. You managed to pull off an interesting effect, but I don’t love the concept. At least in my opinion, the mirror thing is kind of meh. I dunno. I think it’s just because with the frame and all this is a little bit too easy I guess. I like the simplicity of this though. Nice job.

total 25 / 25
        Perfect use of Secret Sparkles! I love how it brightens up the frame and brings a bit of depth into the avatar. The frame matches the mirror's ornateness. I love it! Makes you wonder if the mirror used to be a person...

overall appeal: 5
        originality: 8
        relevance to round theme: 1
        total: 14
        Comments: This doesn't look human at all to me, but more like just a picture frame with frosted glass in it. I'm really missing that human quality that makes this look like it's transforming INTO a household object, instead of just a household object.

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
        xxxxx> > eleventh day.
        Quote:
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        alice... down the rabbit hole... after the murder...

xxxxx> > marwolfer.
        Quote:

xxxxx> > Alexzandera.
        Quote:
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        The White Rabbit:
        A character that is known as smart and known as the voice of reason. He is obsessed with time, the most known is "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!" He is afraid and nervous to be late for being at the Queen of Hearts side at a specific time. The White Rabbits life is ruled by time and the Queen.

xxxxx> > kelstabulous.
        Quote:

xxxxx> > padfoott.
        Quote:
        the dormouse

xxxxx> > Prolly Naut.
        Quote:

xxxxx> > Starzel.
        Quote:
        the march hare

xxxxx> > Jamais Changeant.
        Quote:
        The Rose and the Flowers
        "During Alice's attempt to befriend them, the children flowers exclaim they can sing, and they all want to sing about themselves, but the Red Rose (the leader) says they will sing "Golden Afternoon" which is about all of themselves."
        Here's the lead singer, the Rose...but she's not gonna be singing anything as "sweet" as "Golden Afternoon"

xxxxx> > 0_o-kori.
        Quote:
        the caterpillar

xxxxx> > 1 hit wonder boy.
        Quote:

xxxxx> > d0llar.
        Quote:
        User Image
        the actual avi itself is based on the 1951 mad hatter , however , there are some slight tweaks regarding the colour and the overall appeal.
        the background was inspired by the mad hatter's riddle : Why is a raven like a writing desk ?

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
        xxxxx> > Orlyescence.
        Quote:

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Genius

8,650 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Genius

8,650 Points