Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with t3h marth

Versatile Shapeshifter

so i should rate right?
WRONG

here's a discussion for you
cause ive already asked for rates and idk what sort of thread to post now

When it comes to avatars, do you hop on the band wagon? Why or why not? Does this parallel with you away from the computer? GET PSYCHOLOGICAL ABOUT THIS s**t

Many people say avatars are a creative outlet. How so? For me, it helps with character design, or simply visual aesthetics. What are avatars for you? Why? DONT JUST SAY CREATIVE OUTLET. I WANT YOU PEOPLE TO THINK

What kind of avatars do you like? Why? What kind do you make? Why? What does this say about you? LETS ALL BE REFLECTIVE NOW

Why do you come to the Avatar Talk? If you are seeking advice, why do you come here? Yes this is a forum for such purposes, but what gives the people who give advice the "authority" to do so? What is the Avatar Talk to you? IM SURE ALL THESE POINTS HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE BUT IM RUNNING OUT OF TOPICS

OK HELP ME THINK OF MORE TOPICS NOW SO THIS CAN BE A BIG DISCUSSION THREAD WITH NO RATES

Dangerous Puppy

13,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100
idk to be honest i work on my avi out of boredom and as an outlet to the fact that in real life i actually do not "dress" myself up as much as other girls do i suppose, i like to make my avi beautiful simply because maybe im not much so? idk...some say im pretty but idk, i suppose i dont have the motivation as i used to when i was still in highschool and the such >.<

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
Avatars are an easy way to visually represent characters I've been building in my head.
I'm a decent artist, but a better avatar builder.

That being said, I also just do it because it's a good little distraction.

Versatile Shapeshifter

banicula
idk to be honest i work on my avi out of boredom and as an outlet to the fact that in real life i actually do not "dress" myself up as much as other girls do i suppose, i like to make my avi beautiful simply because maybe im not much so? idk...some say im pretty but idk, i suppose i dont have the motivation as i used to when i was still in highschool and the such >.<

and why do you think that is? how does that make you feel

Old Man Vee
Avatars are an easy way to visually represent characters I've been building in my head.

what are you trying to distract yourself from?

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
The on;y time i get on any band wagon is Christmas, Easter and Halloween.
ANDEVENTHEN i make it my own.
I don't like following trends crying

You look freaking epic. I just want to eat you... but i have no teeth and am dead..

Versatile Shapeshifter

;c what did i say about no rates

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Eserel
;c what did i say about no rates

Yeah yeah. I took it out xD

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
Eserel

Old Man Vee

LIFE YO.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
It's been ages since I hopped on an avatar band wagon. Mostly because, like some other ATers, my avatar is not a doll but a character. I might be a little different in the fact that PQ is the same character, and has been for about 4 years now. Her layering, color restriction and personal style restrict me from experimenting on the more popular item combinations and a large majority of items in general.

She is a huge creative outlet for me and has been the character to spark ideas for my writing more than once. Oddly enough, working with monochrome helps me understand textures much better than I used to. It's also sparked an interest in IRL fashion that I never thought possible. Layering items has always made sense and I enjoy the same look offline.

For me, simply matching avatars are a thing of the past. Themed and avatars with personality are much more valued in my mind. While matching does still play a factor, I find items that are thrown on just because they match to almost be irritating. Not to say I don't have respect or appreciate that skill. It's just something I've lost interest in over the years.

I make one kind of avatar, but I love to dress her up. Holidays and events are a blast because I get to keep in character and flex my brain muscles.

Coming back to the AT feels like how my house did when I came back from college to visit for the holidays. And now that I've graduated, it's how I feel going back up to campus when I feel nostalgic. The world is the same, the people are different, but it still feels like home.

Sure, I come for personal verification that I'm awesome. I also like to give people a fresh set of eyes when I can. WITH NO NUMBERS. Something I refuse to use to rate with. Mostly because I cannot be consistent, and am horrible at math.

Versatile Shapeshifter

Old Man Vee
Eserel

Old Man Vee

LIFE YO.
THIS IS NOT DEEP ENOUGH
WE NEED TO GO DEEPER

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
Eserel
Old Man Vee
Eserel

Old Man Vee

LIFE YO.
THIS IS NOT DEEP ENOUGH
WE NEED TO GO DEEPER

Dangerous Puppy

13,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100
Eserel
banicula

hmmm, idk, i suppose a bit sad because i dont have the means to buy gorgeous clothing and the such as others do, yet happy because here on gaia, its different, i can buy things! lots of them, and there's always something there that i want my avi to wear. while i was still in highschool i always wore mostly the same clothes, no need to buy more than 5 pairs of pants and maybe 6 of the blouses. i always wore the same outfit and only worried about my hair and trying to look different all the while not breaking the school rules per say. now that ive graduated, well i feel a bit blah seeing as i cant wear a school uniform and still look acceptable, you know what i mean, so yeah.....

Versatile Shapeshifter

banicula
Eserel
banicula

hmmm, idk, i suppose a bit sad because i dont have the means to buy gorgeous clothing and the such as others do, yet happy because here on gaia, its different, i can buy things! lots of them, and there's always something there that i want my avi to wear. while i was still in highschool i always wore mostly the same clothes, no need to buy more than 5 pairs of pants and maybe 6 of the blouses. i always wore the same outfit and only worried about my hair and trying to look different all the while not breaking the school rules per say. now that ive graduated, well i feel a bit blah seeing as i cant wear a school uniform and still look acceptable, you know what i mean, so yeah.....
c: thank you for discussing~

THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE

Anxious Fairy

19,815 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
It's eleven on a weeknight... I'll make some for serious answers come maƱana

Dangerous Puppy

13,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Profitable 100
Eserel
banicula
Eserel
banicula

c: thank you for discussing~

THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE

well discussing a real life truth really does always feels as one is being set free xD im actually happy ive finally been able to put this in words, its been months now, and ive truly never let anyone know about this "situation"....thank you for taking the time and reading, i really do appreciate it indeed <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff