Welcome to Gaia! ::

On a Scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest, How Happy of a Customer are you right now?

1 - NO. I HATE YOU. 0.025 2.5% [ 6 ]
2 - What a waste of my time! 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 10 ]
3 - Alright, it was okay. 0.1 10.0% [ 24 ]
4 - OMG! This was neat! 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 20 ]
5 - YESSSS SO HAPPPY 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 20 ]
3.141592653589 - Because it is yummy. 0.095833333333333 9.6% [ 23 ]
42 - LIFE! 0.079166666666667 7.9% [ 19 ]
13 - How many Doctor's it took to fix a lightbulb. 0.079166666666667 7.9% [ 19 ]
NANANA BATMAN! 0.4125 41.2% [ 99 ]
Total Votes:[ 240 ]

RuneRyder
Cherry Mob
RuneRyder

Alright, let's do this.

Seems like you a relative new user to Gaia....so yuh a bit of a run down of things that you could improve on here:

Add a more expressive face, use face mods, eyes, mouth, nose, blush, makeup, eyebrows.... whatever ever you find helps build up an expression and a character.

Distribute your colors throughout, or create a pattern to how you use them, maybe check you the style guide for a bit more information on possible ways. But for this specific avi, look to distribute the silver, gold, pink, black throughout the avi. Maybe edit out one of the metallics. Maybe use a gold eye, or a silver eye...???

Also for a beginner a decent use of color here, and semi-theme driven avi. But again maybe either pick a theme, or a color scheme, go with it...or pick a theme and a color scheme that you can use side by side to make a super strong avi.

But yuh right now you need to build up more overall on this avi and really embellish this character so that is obvious what you are aiming for. Not bad though...just not well edited and not utilizing some of the available items.

And there it is. My blunt and honest critique.

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely helped give me some clearer sense of direction.
The biggest challenge I'm having right now is just knowing which items specifically to get. The sheer mass of options out there is a bit overwhelming. But for now I'm going to focus on finding some good face decorations. I really liked the idea of a gold or silver eye.

Thanks again for the help. I'll check back in once I've managed to save for a few new items.

Shy Hoarder

RuneRyder
May I have a critique of my current avi, please?

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
Puckleberry Sin
RuneRyder

I'd love to get some criticisms on my avi please. (:

I dig the main character...but the background seems a bit out of place. Maybe look for a city-ish background...so change out the bg and the astra?

Also maybe look to add a bit of white by the feet? Maybe a white belt?

The eye glint maybe once you take out the other astra might look good as active? But yuh def look for a dif background.

But yuh the main part is pretty good...so yuh.

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
LilithImaculate
RuneRyder

your gonna be so sick of me by now XD

reckon you give me one on my first attempt at a bloody avi?

Oh snap this is kind of awesome...the only thing is the skin tone. And actually the face too...so maybe swap those out for different things? Because honestly the rest of it is pretty darn awesome?

But yuh this is solid...those two things are just the main thing~ so yuh.

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
xXx Jackel xXx
RuneRyder

Rate Me Please?
                  This is a pretty simple avi for me, so harshness will not be taken personally.

User Image

You are using the same item more than once on multiple occasion...which is not okay in my book. So yuh look to swap that out.

Other than say....change the repeated items to other items. Then maybe come back because otherwise...the only thing you have going for your is the ghostly theme...but that isn't even that great here because of the fact you are using multiple of the same item more than one.

So yuh...alter that and then maybe come back?

Diamond Sailor

6,225 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
RuneRyder
Oh snap this is kind of awesome...the only thing is the skin tone. And actually the face too...so maybe swap those out for different things? Because honestly the rest of it is pretty darn awesome?

But yuh this is solid...those two things are just the main thing~ so yuh.

I was totally not expecting this!
I was expecting heaps I'd have to fix XD

what would you suggest for the skin and face?
I sort of wanted to keep her pale as a bit of contrast against the darker shades and I have so few face mods in my invo that I have idea what Id go for >.>

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
tsuruaka
RuneRyder

It is def on its way of looking better! And yuh I was talking about any of the crane items....glad one of the worked for you! Hmmm yuh me day I have just lying around...the me day leg mod is just really weird....like reaaaalllly weird. But yuh Getaway is what I was thinking...gosh darn item names >:L!

And none of those options layer well...so I shall just keep looking for stuff :<....ugh realismy avis.
emotion_donotwant

Waiting games with the MP = death of avi making for me. There are at least 3+ items I am waiting to either have enough gold to buy, or they haven't had a single listing since last month...and I need them to complete WIP I have just chilling around. So yeah I totally understand and it is evil.

emotion_donotwant

Replying to both posts here:

Rate thread post: I really want to buy the Crane Warrior items now, but for that background. Such a damn fine background emotion_kirakira
Lol for the Getwaway item I kept searching vacation and going bonkers.

Awwww ;n; I'll keep looking as well! Do you prefer sleeveless armmods? If that makes any sense LOL

Also, re-critique for my current! Temporary sleeves until I can find Sister Hanabi, but I'm quite please with how they look right now.

Damn right now? Tell me which items so I can stalk them as well! My wishlist is short enough that it's easy for me, and half the items on the list are items for another friend who has the same problem LOL Plus I can look around the exchange when I'm free.

That background...yes...perfect. And lol. Yuuuuh I do that all the time...when I think I know the name and then I am like jkdshflskjhdf because it it is not the right thing.

I think the arm mod I have is just right? Do you think so? Also should I add a red bow to the head or no?

There are too many to list :<! That and honestly I sort of just do it at my own past.

Also your current is pretty awesome....I love the inclusion of the butterfly wings!

I am def digging where this going...kind of can't wait to see where you take the rest of it? I really think this is pretty darn strong...??? I honestly don't know where you can take this thing o-o;;;

It is awesome~ or pretty darn close to amazing.

Loyal Bibliophile

23,915 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
Cherry Mob
RuneRyder
Cherry Mob
RuneRyder

Alright, let's do this.

Seems like you a relative new user to Gaia....so yuh a bit of a run down of things that you could improve on here:

Add a more expressive face, use face mods, eyes, mouth, nose, blush, makeup, eyebrows.... whatever ever you find helps build up an expression and a character.

Distribute your colors throughout, or create a pattern to how you use them, maybe check you the style guide for a bit more information on possible ways. But for this specific avi, look to distribute the silver, gold, pink, black throughout the avi. Maybe edit out one of the metallics. Maybe use a gold eye, or a silver eye...???

Also for a beginner a decent use of color here, and semi-theme driven avi. But again maybe either pick a theme, or a color scheme, go with it...or pick a theme and a color scheme that you can use side by side to make a super strong avi.

But yuh right now you need to build up more overall on this avi and really embellish this character so that is obvious what you are aiming for. Not bad though...just not well edited and not utilizing some of the available items.

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely helped give me some clearer sense of direction.
The biggest challenge I'm having right now is just knowing which items specifically to get. The sheer mass of options out there is a bit overwhelming. But for now I'm going to focus on finding some good face decorations. I really liked the idea of a gold or silver eye.

Thanks again for the help. I'll check back in once I've managed to save for a few new items.

Yeah there are a lot of options out there~ but good luck, and feel free to come back any time for future advice ~

sheepcakes's Significant Otter

Lupine Superfan

13,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
RuneRyder

~ Quote This ~

Go ahead and lay it on me.

Interstellar Explorer

RuneRyder
Puckleberry Sin
RuneRyder

I'd love to get some criticisms on my avi please. (:

I dig the main character...but the background seems a bit out of place. Maybe look for a city-ish background...so change out the bg and the astra?

Also maybe look to add a bit of white by the feet? Maybe a white belt?

The eye glint maybe once you take out the other astra might look good as active? But yuh def look for a dif background.

But yuh the main part is pretty good...so yuh.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm still searching for an appropriate background for this outfit. I'm not feeling any of the city backgrounds that I own. Maybe I'll have to research some more.

Rayyuske IV's Compadre

Mystical Genius

RuneRyder

I would love another one of your critiques :3

DirtyBirdyAK's Husbando

Extragalactic Terrestrial

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
RuneRyder

Quote dis, preaze?

oscarthefish's Pardner

Kindly Lionheart

9,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
RuneRyder

okay, i'm game.
i know it looks pretty plain and atrocious right but i'm just screwing around with grays/oranges so be gentle...?
i'd really, REALLY like item suggestions if you know of any. Everyone hates on the tail, so i know it's not a favorite, but i really must have it. it's so fluffy i love it. crying

Lostikins's Partner In Crime

Snarky Ladykiller

RuneRyder

That background...yes...perfect. And lol. Yuuuuh I do that all the time...when I think I know the name and then I am like jkdshflskjhdf because it it is not the right thing.

I think the arm mod I have is just right? Do you think so? Also should I add a red bow to the head or no?

There are too many to list :<! That and honestly I sort of just do it at my own past.

Also your current is pretty awesome....I love the inclusion of the butterfly wings!

I am def digging where this going...kind of can't wait to see where you take the rest of it? I really think this is pretty darn strong...??? I honestly don't know where you can take this thing o-o;;;

It is awesome~ or pretty darn close to amazing.

Mwahaha successful orange avi achieved emotion_awesome
Quite like it! It's a bit cleaner than the last one. And red bow if it's not too big. Or a red spiked headband if that exists. Or a black spiked headband plus a red bow?

And thank you! Monarch geisha for the win LOL

Feral Kitty

RuneRyder

Mind critiquing my avatar? <:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items