Welcome to Gaia! ::

I can't help but feel like this whole show is one gigantic slap in the face, courtesy of the co-creators themselves.

I read months ago that they said there would not be any filler episodes (something that irked me about the original Avatar series); they would be focusing a lot more on the plot this time around. And it would be more adult.

But if you're shifting more focus to the plot, and a Mary Sue main character (and Aang's three two-dimensional grandkids) is the best you can come up with. . .clearly you've lost your touch. "Korra" is already proving all arguments that a fourth season would be a bad idea correct.

It's interesting to explore the idea of what would happen after the last episode and who the Avatar after Aang would be, along with all of the other characters' descendants as well. When I first heard about the show, I was psyched because we'd be learning these things (along with maybe what happened to Ursa).

Then I watched a clip of the first episode where the new Avatar is discovered, and my face fell. Seriously, guys? This is a parody, right? A dream sequence? A hallucination? Something?! You can't seriously be telling me that your show is opening with a kid who's, what? Six? just NATURALLY knowing how to firebend and earthbend. Where was Aang's moment of waking up and suddenly being able to do these things with no explanation whatsoever?

And Aang was supposed to be a quick learner! Compared to Korra, he's the mentally challenged kid everybody picks last for sports.

So yes, Korra's already learned every element except for Air (because if she had learned that in her sleep too, this show would already be over, and what an awful shame that would be. . .) And she's got mentors watching her and shaking their heads about how she already knows how to bend, but she has no grasp of the spirituality. Poor little prodigy.

I'm also wondering how the first three seasons had Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph practically travel every inch of the entire globe, and yet they somehow never came across a hint of a flying bison herd. Not even at the Air Temples. . .And you'd think SOMEBODY would have seen one flying overhead somewhere.

Why did they bother to include mention of Ursa, almost telling you what happened to her and then going SIKE! as if it's hilarious. I've got news for you guys - that wasn't funny. Not one bit. stare
u loved it, onyl reason u post so much aboiut it
No, dear. It's called a rant.

Those things tend to run on the long side.

Original Humorist

tl;dr

but yea i have a feeling it'll suck cuz sequels usually do
Listo
No, dear. It's called a rant.

Those things tend to run on the long side.
tears everywheree
y u mad
its a cartoon
just chill out and enjoy it
Why am I mad? Because I loved the original Avatar series, and this is ruining it!

And yet 99% of Avatar fans love it, for some inexplicable reason! They think it's the best thing since sliced bread. And it annoys the crap out of me!

Witty Conversationalist

User Image

I haven't watched enough to give a fair accusation. But from what I seen, I agree, I didn't like how fast she learned it all. She knew how to do everything at the age of...5 was it? Some ridiculous young age. And I just don't like her character design, she looks like a angry Katara with big boobies.

I was hoping to see Sokka again, he was one of my favorites. Sigh.

User Image
Yes, why no mention of Sokka? We know that Aang's dead, and Katara's alive. What about him?

And I don't think they mentioned what Toph is up to (or not) either.

Vicious Consumer

8,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
Uhmmm you made me think so here's some things I think make sense.

Since they spent Aang's lifetime making the whole world peaceful and s**t, every kind of bender is now everywhere, thus, Korra could have observed some people bend stuff and learned a little that way. Maybe.
Also Pro-Bending = Professional Bending. Probably. Hopefully. If it's not, I don't even...

But yeah. To each their own, I'm just enjoying it haha.
The 3 mastered elements thing is done so they can get by with only 26 episodes, they don't wanna make more for some stupid reason and yes that makes her look like Mary Sue.

And honestly I could go on, it's not awful, but it's nowhere near as good as the original.

Hilarious Friend

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
korra is not a mary sue
and theyve said theyre going to tell us where ursa is eventually, that scene was making fun of people who wont stop bugging them about it anyway

Invisible Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
you are realizing that we only saw one avatars story and not any other avatars (except maybe a BIT of roku's?), so using aang as a point of reference is just purely awful.

also go back and rewatch the pilot aang is just as flat and one dimensional as korra was.
give it time stop bitching enjoy the art.
let the characters develop there is like two episodes out so far chill out man.
Well, why not show her as a child with normal Waterbending stuff. . .and then fast-forward to teenhood, when she's already learned a good deal of Earthbending and Firebending?

At least then it would be believable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces